We’re only a week away from the release of BOOK TEN: DARKNESS OF DRAGONS! I am so so excited for you to read it! (And a little nervous too! I mean, did I remember to answer ALL THE QUESTIONS? Did I forget any major characters? Does everything make sense? Will you all like it? How many readers are going to be furious at me for how the Moon triangle resolves? I can totally hide under my bed until 2018, right? Eeep!)
But I hope you like it! I promise I agonized over all the impossible decisions!
Let’s see, a few things I can tell you about Book Ten...
(1) It’s longer than the others (so much to wrap up!) at 385 pages—and was nearly even longer than that, except that someone wisely convinced me I didn’t actually need a 100-page epilogue explaining what happens to every dragon ever. :)
(2) Yes, there is a resolution to the Moon-Winter-Qibli ship—at least for now! (As I always say about Starspeaker/Sunnyflight, you never know what might happen in the future...and I encourage any and all fanfic to handle the feels!)
(3) Darkstalker did his absolute utmost to convince me to take this book on a different path...I really had to stop and think about it a lot! Almost every line I wrote for him, I’d think, “hmmm, good point, Darkstalker...no, wait! I SEE THROUGH YOUR CHARMING SHENANIGANS, SIR.”
(4) Moon’s vision of Qibli from Book Six will come true—so you will officially meet his brother and sister! (Although many of you cleverly spotted them in Book Eight!) But who is he talking to? And who is he looking for? HMMMMM...
(5) Remember the mini-fights I teased in a spoiler hint a while ago? I’m going to go ahead and confirm that the antagonists I’m talking about are Kinkajou and Anemone. WHEE! As you can imagine, one of them is PRETTY SUPER-MAD at the other...
(6) There will be a book launch party for Book Ten at Newtonville Books in Newton, MA, on July 30 at 2:00 p.m.—I’d love to see you there! Or if you can’t make it, I’ll also be in NYC a little while later—at Books of Wonder on August 19 at 1:00 p.m. With more events to come this fall! Meeting you guys is my favorite thing, next to, like, puppies and my own children, so we’ll keep you posted about other places I’m going and I’ll cross my fingers that you can make it to one of them!
(7) Hopefully you’ll all be especially happy about the very last bit of the book...wherein there is QUITE a large clue about things to come!
DID I SAY THINGS TO COME???
I did! I did! THINGS are COMING! Specifically . . . FIVE MORE BOOKS! It’s really officially true! A shiny new arc! Sparkly new secrets I desperately want to tell you about and really really can’t! (Yet!)
But I can tell you that you’ll see Book Eleven in 2018—so I hope you’ll enjoy Book Ten even more, knowing it’s not the last one!
I adore you all so much! I really feel like the luckiest writer ever to have such wonderful, brilliant, funny, kind readers. Keep flying, keep reading and writing, and get ready to dive into Book Ten!
Please tell us why you'd like to report this post