Prologue

Silver moonlight swept over the grasslands as the clouds rolled away on the wind. The land was anything but still as the tall, rough grass swayed in the breeze and bugs hopped about. Chirping crickets and croaking toads filled the night with their music, but soon it faded away.

Stalking out of the cover of the grass were two cats, their pelts almost silver under the light of the moon. They were nearly identical, grey with white underbellies and paws. The two pairs of amber eyes were focused on the same thing. Curled up ahead of them was a rat, already killed by unknown means.

Eyes shining one of them eagerly pounced on the kill, hungrily digging into it. The other cat hissed and shoved her sibling away trying to get a bite. The two bickered and fought for the meager kill, both fueled by hunger.

"I need it more!" One spat batting at his sister.

"Well I found it!" She snapped back, knocking him away.

As the two cats fought a larger figure stepped out of the grass. The black and white cat bristled at the sight, unsheathing his claws. The twins were too busy arguing over the prey to notice him.

With a yowl the large tom charged at them "Get out! Flea-pelts! This prey is mine, this place is mine!"

Scared out of their pelts the two starving cats ran away. The large tom stopped running, not bothering to give chase. He snorted and turned to the rat they were fighting over. There was barely any meat or fur left on the bones. He scowled and batted the remains into the grass in disgust.

Watching all of this was a beautiful she-cat, her glittering green eyes filled with sorrow. Her light brown tabby pelt was shining as if sprinkled with stars, and her entire form was somewhat see-through. She sat to the side where she had a good view of the fight. The other cats however did not see her.

The ghostly cat padded away from the clearing, leaving a trail of starry paw prints. She looked up at the moon, shining bright at its fullest. With a sigh she dipped her head.

"These cats have no law or order and will die fighting each other just like the rest," She whispered to herself "I've seen this again and again, wherever I go. I can't stand seeing cats just barely staying out of death's jaws."

The she-cat jumped onto a nearby rock, sitting and looking up to stare at Silverpelt. "The others may find me foolish, but I'll help these cats. They deserve the same chance my ancestors had moons ago."

With a sigh she closed her eyes, raising her head as if to touch noses with the stars. She soon faded away, the twinkling stars in her pelt being the last things to disappear. The night was quiet once more, then the crickets and the toads started up their midnight symphony again, as if nothing had happened. 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Basilisk is I

I am here now

I am the...

Dragonborn

Master of Toxin

Mother of Dinosaurs

Beast Master

Queen of Snakes

Flipsides: Armonia, Basil, Beam, Discord, Sovrano

#REMEMBERHYDRA

#RememberAngel

#Hydrasilisk

#SaveTheBees

#Duality

Only took an hour and a repost for it to go through

• Posted at:

Basilisk is I

I am here now

I am the...

Dragonborn

Master of Toxin

Mother of Dinosaurs

Beast Master

Queen of Snakes

#REMEMBERHYDRA

#RememberAngel

#Hydrasilisk

#SaveTheBees

#Duality

Ooh... more!

• Posted at:

Winter

-Queen of Warrior Cats-

Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa la la la la la la la la

I am the Forum Twigkit

“Oh, just your friendly neighborhood brown tabby antagonist!”

The mark of the book

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Or just Thunder or TS

(She/her/they)

Queen of winged cats

“It’s out there, somewhere in the woods, waiting.”

“Oh, just your friendly neighborhood brown tabby antagonist.” ~Winter

Merry Christmas!

I'm glad you're interested, I'm working on the first chapter now

• Posted at:

Basilisk is I

I am here now

I am the...

Dragonborn

Master of Toxin

Mother of Dinosaurs

Beast Master

Queen of Snakes

#REMEMBERHYDRA

#RememberAngel

#Hydrasilisk

#SaveTheBees

#Duality

Morning poke, I'll try to get the chapter up later today

• Posted at:

Basilisk is I

I am here now

I am the...

Dragonborn

Master of Toxin

Mother of Dinosaurs

Beast Master

Queen of Snakes

#REMEMBERHYDRA

#RememberAngel

#Hydrasilisk

#SaveTheBees

#Duality

My apologies as things have come up I'll have to post the next chapter tomorrow 

• Posted at:

Basilisk is I

I am here now

I am the...

Dragonborn

Master of Toxin

Mother of Dinosaurs

Beast Master

Queen of Snakes

#REMEMBERHYDRA

#RememberAngel

#Hydrasilisk

#SaveTheBees

#Duality

Chapter 1

Sprinter ran as fast as he could through the tough grass, encouraged to keep going by the barking behind him. He was quickly growing tired, but he couldn't stop now. The young tom didn't dare look behind him, he didn't need to see it to tell it was close.

Breaking trough the wall of tall grass he ran into a clearing where the grass was shorter and greener. Though Sprinter's dusty brown coat blended in better with the tall grass it would be no help against the coyote. Spotting some trees up ahead Sprinter pushed himself harder as he ran.

He could hear the coyote's pounding footsteps close behind sending a tremor of fear through him. When he reached the nearest tree Sprinter wasted no time jumping on it, quickly digging his claws into the bark. Scrambling up the trunk he nearly fell in his haste to get up.

Heaving himself onto a branch he collapsed on it panting. Below him the coyote barked and yipped, unable to get to his prey. Sprinter let out a tired laugh, grinning down at the coyote victorious. The canine whined and after pacing under the tree for awhile ran off in search of easier prey.

That was close, it was right on my tail! He let out an amused purr I'm sure Desert will have my tail for going near that coyote den though.

Sitting on the branch Sprinter looked at the sun. The golden orb was still rising, its glow being dim in the morning. Sprinter took the time to groom himself before climbing back down the tree. The day had just begun and there was plenty left to do.

Going back to the tall grass Sprinter nearly gagged on the strong stench of coyote. I'm probably covered in coyote stink by now.

Shaking his head Sprinter decided to head to the stream first. Weaving through the tough grass Sprinter took a familiar path. Where he walked the dirt was worn down by the paws of many animals. It was a common path used too get to the stream.

He broke into a run once he heard the water, eager to get a wash. Soon the stream was in sight and Sprinter wasted no time before wading into it. The stream was wide but shallow, only going up to his belly. The bottom was smooth, slippery rock, but the current was weak enough to allow him to stand.

Sprinter lowered his body into the cool water, treasuring the relief from the heat. He sat there for a moment, enjoying the water flowing through his fur. With a content purr Sprinter slipped out of the water, now on the other side.

"Enjoying yourself dusty?" An amused voice meowed.

Turning his head Sprinter saw a thick-furred gray cat walking along the stream. Her green eyes twinkled with amusement as she sat down. Sprinter grinned and bounded over to her.

"Haven't seen you in awhile, Creek! Where's my favorite catfish been?" He asked.

She gave her chest a couple licks "Been at the lake. Some nice cats on the islands, some not so nice cats on the main bank. Nothin too good though, I'm just fine with the streams."

"That's nice, glad you're staying where I can see you. I'd rather stay away from the lake. Too many catfish like you!" He laughed.

Creek stood and walked past Sprinter "Yeah good thing I'm staying here. The catfish would eat a dusty like you alive. Well I'm off Sprinter, if you need me you know where to find me."

Sprinter shivered as the she-cat brushed him with her tail as went past. He shook his head to clear his thoughts I should get back to Desert. Maybe get some prey on the way too.

Hopping back into the tall grass Sprinter took a familiar path. The grass was thinner on this side of the stream, making it easy for him to walk through it. Sprinter tasted the air and was disappointed when he caught no scent of prey.

Something did catch his attention though. It was the scent of another cat, one he didn't know and strong too. Sprinter glanced around, new cats occasionally came and it was nothing new. But it was always hard to tell if they were friend or foe until they pounce on you when you least expect it.

He pushed that thought aside and hurriedly carried onward. A familiar sight soon turned up in front of him. It was a large rocky clearing with old dens carved out by animals long gone. There seemed to be enough room for multiple cats if they didn't mind sharing.

But there was only one cat that poked his head out of one of the dens. Seeing Sprinter he quickly ran out to greet him. The tom was a tall, slender cat with a pale coat the color of sand.

"You're soaked." Was the first thing the tom said as he approached Sprinter.

Sprinter chuckled at his brother "Well I did just take a dip in the stream, Desert."

Flicking his tail Desert huffed "So you waste your time swimming instead of hunting?"

Walking around his brother Sprinter headed to one of the dens "Well I would have brought back some prey, buuut I was kinda busy running from a coyote..."

"What!?" Desert shrieked running after his brother "I told you to stay away from its den!"

"And I didn't listen." Sprinter purred jumping onto the rock hanging over the den.

Desert was about to speak when Sprinter started talking again "Hey have you seen any new cats? I smelled one on my way here."

"Well, no I haven't." His brother replied, his previous frustration fading.

"Hm," Sprinter lied down on the rock, drying in the sun "We'll meet them eventually I guess."

• Posted at:

Basilisk is I

I am here now

I am the...

Dragonborn

Master of Toxin

Mother of Dinosaurs

Beast Master

Queen of Snakes

#REMEMBERHYDRA

#RememberAngel

#Hydrasilisk

#SaveTheBees

#Duality

GASP It went through!

Sorry about any mistakes in this chapter I was kinda in a rush :P

• Posted at:

Basilisk is I

I am here now

I am the...

Dragonborn

Master of Toxin

Mother of Dinosaurs

Beast Master

Queen of Snakes

#REMEMBERHYDRA

#RememberAngel

#Hydrasilisk

#SaveTheBees

#Duality

OoOooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

Interesting

• Posted at:

{ONOMATOPOEIA/ROAR}

{Personification/Stone}

Bakugou Katsuki

"THE REASON HEROES WEAR CAPES IS SO THAT THEY CAN TAKE TORMENTED LITTLE GIRLS IN THEIR PAIN AND SUFFERING AND CLOAK THEM IN IT'S COMFORT" -Toogata Mirio

'Even I want to fly'-Kouchi

MHA

Thank you

• Posted at:

Basilisk is I

I am here now

I am the...

Dragonborn

Master of Toxin

Mother of Dinosaurs

Beast Master