late posts v o i l a

So now you know what Kiibo's lab looks like :P very robot-y and stuff. Shuichi's lab is very aesthetically pleasing with the sorta British-Sherlock Holmes esque design. The murder files are also interesting: there are nearly 50(?) of them, with the first couple being illustrations

Danganronpa has taught me that bad things happen to good people RIP Kayayday and Chiaki

Gotta have those convenient cuts, we can't have him spoiling our precious killing game experience after all 

So now the answer to Korekiyo's actions: his own standards. If he had just stopped with Angie, he would've gotten away, but his own personal standards wouldn't let him. In a way, it's admirable

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Enchanted Dragons

Just call me Enchanted!

Remember the Lost

(Christian | #Equal | Bisexual)

If you turn into a flower

you must be the most delicate ever

even if you bloom, just occasionally

you're the only perfect flower for me

simply Danganronpa

Poor Kiibo doesn't like his lab tho D:

tbh I agree with him it's much too sci-fi looking

Shuichi's really doesn't match him at all. I like it though. I am really curious about those murder files, I'd imagine they're tied to the outside world in some way.

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Trash Squad ~ Aro/Ace ~ Regretting Life Choices ~ Drawing or Reading Probably

"Oh how disgusting, all this disguising, to become somebody that's worth existing."

*waves*

Hi there Neo World Program

I wonder if that actually is the program though... 

It's obviously not safe if it's sitting there in the academy at least, geez you guys.

I don't trust it

Especially not when Kokichi is apparently involved in some way

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

"Oh how disgusting, all this disguising, to become somebody that's worth existing."

It's the Neo World Program's less talented cousin

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Awesome, isn't it? I love the music!

• Posted at:

☾Bixbite The Great

Me Gang: {Amatista} {Esmeralda} {Perla} {Rubi}

Hammock-flavored drinks rule!

Super Duper High Middle School Level Pianist (AKA Ultimate Pianist)

#FADE FOREVER

I may not like being a girl, but that's what I am and will always be.

Actually ignore my post that might come in whenever, Miu could have easily orchestrated this herself. Seeing as she's the one who did all the work on the program, it wouldn't be hard to assume she could have had some sort of influence on the connections and avatars and just wanted to pin the blame on Kaito.

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Anyways, from what I've gathered so far, the map is clearly meant to repeat on the X-axis forever, which I kind of had a suspicion about before. I still can't figure out what the loading wall was for, but it seems like the edge of the world that runs on the Y-axis is actually a non-physical opaque barrier so you can't see beyond it, giving the illusion of being the actual end.

Miu's avatar being meant to paralyze Kokichi though... I had originally thought this may have been set up as a suicide, but I'm thinking this might have actually been set up to get rid of Kokichi, and someone else took out Miu before she could? Still fuzzy on the details and throwing out ideas right now.

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Also now that you've finished CH 3, I can tell you the greatest meme of V3

seesaw

because Korekiyo's personal standards wouldn't let him abstain from using it. Also because of the whole Hangman's Gambit being confusing again and just the sheer genius or insanity needed to think of such a murder trick

• Posted at:

Enchanted Dragons

Just call me Enchanted!

Remember the Lost

simply Danganronpa

I still don't want to give anything away so the only thing I'll say is that the chibis were cute

so, character impressions for those who've died? Tenko, Angie, Korekiyo, Miu

• Posted at:

Enchanted Dragons

Just call me Enchanted!

Remember the Lost

simply Danganronpa

Miu would probably be my second favorite V3 character is her speech wasn't so... vulgar.

• Posted at:

☾Bixbite The Great

#FADE FOREVER

Miu's vulgarity is not a problem because I've seen worse on the internet 

• Posted at:

Enchanted Dragons

Just call me Enchanted!

Remember the Lost

simply Danganronpa

The guy I was watching figured out the Hangman's Gambit surprisingly quick?? It probably would have taken me a bit tbh

An impressive trick tho, I will say.

For those who died:

I really liked Tenko tbh. Especially towards her end, I could tell she was developing. Pretty good imo, I like her, but don't have much to say.

Angie was just. Good riddance. From the beginning I was incredibly indifferent to her, but I think the whole "Atua" thing really made it hard for me to like her because so much of her character revolved around it. Then she basically started a cult which just made it even harder for me to like her. Overall a solid No.

Korekiyo is an odd one? Overall I like him as a character, but also his whole sister thing made me deeply uncomfortable. But ignoring that I honestly really liked him and his overall design too.

Gonna say it right now. I LOVE Miu. Her overall attitude is strangely endearing to me, and ngl I find her brand of humor incredibly enjoyable. Kinda sad to see her go, especially because she was one of the really loud characters with a lot of spunk.

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

I love how vague everyone is in trials

"That person"

"That thing"

Please y'all

Just say words

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Gotta keep it vague so everyone can go "TELL THEM, SHUICHI".

Speaking of memes, here's an important one:

"But that's KAYAYDAY'S lie, isn't it?"

Stems from Kokichi's line in the first scrum debate. That exact line, in the english dub, was used in an early trailer for the game. It caused quite the ruckus, since it sounded like Bryce Papenbrook (who is apparently infamous for being a bad dub of Komaeda) and they pronounced "Kaede" wrong. It sparked some serious stuff, but it eventually turned into a meme where "kaede" became "kayayday", which is how the name was mispronounced

Tenko: I like Tenko quite a lot too! Her parting words were the real reason for that, especially since she had been acting like more a creep in the beginning. There were hidden gems where she showed a nice and caring side, but those moments were rarer. It wasn't until right before the seance did many people start liking her (I think). It's a real shame that she died, but I feel like her death helped a lot in developing Himiko and making others more interested in her character.

Angie: I liked Angie at the beginning. I didn't mind the Atua when it didn't affect the others, and I found it amusing in the beginning. However, when it started getting in the way of the character's freedom, that's when it lost its status as a joke and became a nuisance. In that regard, I think Angie's a well-written character. They turned something that could've just been a simple quirk (like Hagakure's fortune telling) into something plot relevant. I found that interesting. As a person though, she started to get on my nerves. 

Korekiyo: I'm in a bit of a dilemma with this guy. On one hand, I loved him before the sister reveal. He was really interesting, for points I previously mentioned before. However, now that it's been revealed that...he's like that, it's hard to like him. It's similar to liking Junko pre-mastermind reveal, except maybe it was actually Junko that time and not Mukuro (sorta). Kinda like that? Like, people tend to think of the bad things before the good, so when someone says they like Korekiyo you tend to think of the incest and serial killer rather than the anthropologist aspect. Now that he's been outed as being unpleasant, it sorta throws away his previous moments.

• Posted at:

Enchanted Dragons

Just call me Enchanted!

Remember the Lost

simply Danganronpa

I am going to strangle that gremlin myself if he actually managed to set up Gonta as the murderer

I'd love to finish the trial tonight but it's a bit late for a school night already so I'll have to finish tomorrow D:

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Tsumungi don't help the grape gremlin

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

*Cries* Gonta I love you

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Kokichi became my favorite after he tricked Gonta, tbh xD Yes I know I'm weird

• Posted at:

☾Bixbite The Great

#FADE FOREVER

I absolutely LOVE Kokichi as a character, but as a person he's absolutely horrible.

tbh I don't even really find his scary faces startling or scary at all--

Kiibo will always be best boy for me tho

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Sad to see Gonta gone but also that was a SICK execution I love it

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Evil red Kokichi is evil

Strangely enough though, he's never given off that creepy vibe that others have, and still doesn't.

He's definitely an odd one.

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

hmmmm

Just looking at Rantaro's lab door, it looks like some kind of weapons expert's lab or something

Something apocalypse related maybe?

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

"Hope moves foward"

Vaguely ominous tbh there Kiibo

Plot twist that Kiibo is actually the main character and ultimate hope

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

eyyyy getting to see Kiibo's FTEs :D

His boasting is honestly adorable I love him so much

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

... Kaito being real shady here

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

NOT THE SPACE MAN

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Poor boy Kaito is raising a lot of death flags there :T

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

He's been raising death flags since CH2 Im surprised he hasnt died yet >:O truly the Luminary of the Stars

• Posted at:

Enchanted Dragons

Just call me Enchanted!

Remember the Lost

simply Danganronpa

Nice out of order posts there

Anyways the longer this goes on the more obvious it gets that Kokichi is the one dead, or at least in the press.

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Of course! Kaito Momota, Luminary of the Stars, could never die!

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

forgot to talk about Miu whoops--

Miu: I love her also! I think I found her funny because of how over-the-top it was. One of the let's players I was watching even said something about how he couldn't believe they added what they did for Miu's lines. It's like the first of its kind (to such an extent). Also, the fact that Miu gets beaten down just as much as she spouts out makes it so she doesn't get annoying (like Hiyoko, who just kept spouting insults and no one really yelled back at her)

Gonta: Gentleman has died ;-; it's all gone to blazes. More fun trivia: In Japan, he spoke in third person, but he had grammatically correct sentences so some people were angry at the Tarzan way he was localized. I don't mind it too much; still such a gentle giant. I wish they didn't keep in the "buff character dies in Ch4" trope, but the case was great so I guess it's ok

Some stuff I forgot to commentate on

1. Not so much the execution, bUT THAT MUSIC! It's like how they made Korekiyo's execution music Eastern themed, they made Gonta's music Western themed and it's so neato

2. Kokichi is the panta gremlin™. He's an interesting character, and people have been debating on his true intentions during the 4th Chapter (for instance, the tears Kokichi had were real tears and he really meant it when he wanted to die with Gonta)

3. Kiibo sure has the antennae for the protagonist role lol. Also, did you know, Keebo/Kiibo's nickname is supposed to be a pun since "Kibou" is the Japanese word for hope. So literal hopebot beep boop *get's shot because of robophobia*

4. Kiibo is adorable. Adorable hopebot is adorable

-What were your initial thoughts on the Kokichi mastermind reveal?

-Any other thoughts on the evidence? Ex: Scratches on control panel, powered down electrohammer

Kaito Momota! Luminary of the Stars! Believe in the Kaito that believes in you!

• Posted at:

Enchanted Dragons

Just call me Enchanted!

Remember the Lost

simply Danganronpa

Must protect my son from all robophobia--

He is a very good hopebot tho I agree

The Kokichi mastermind thing is a bit odd. I feel like it's a bit too obvious of a choice for him to be the mastermind, but at the same time I doubt that anyone else left could be the mastermind. Plot twist Shuichi is the mastermind

I don't really have a problem with it though? Right now something seemed really off about Kokichi's reveal, but I don't know what. I'm holding reservations on believing that to be the whole truth though.

The other evidence... The whole case is incredibly bizarre. I don't trust this "Exisal Kokichi" though (I sent in another post about that and it's wherever). While it follows suit with the real Kokichi, it seems a bit... clueless. Looking at everything I've seen so far of the trial, I still can't put faith in Kaito being dead.

The two bottles of poison, not to mention the antidotes, really have the most of my interest right now though. I can't make sense of the scratched control panel or the electrohammer right now. This whole thing is just a mess really.

Side note from the trial though, I really want to see more of what happened to Earth?? That one shot at the end of the despair road is nowhere near enough. Show me the ruined cityscape darn it apocalypse settings are the best.

And also: that's just such a heavy setting, honestly. The last what, six? people can't even trust each other enough to get along and they're stuck in the middle of a completely uninhabitable world. I can't even imagine how isolating that must feel.

Honestly I just love the series settings in general because they're all just so surreal. Not just in the sense that it's surreal to the players but the characters are used to/accept it, but the characters find it horrifyingly surreal too. I think that's one of my favorite parts tbh; the fact that the characters have forgotten the literal apocalypse, and the players never find out about this until the characters do too. I think that part made it a lot harder for me to come to terms with the setting too.

idk maybe that's just me and I just went off on a little tangent sorry--

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

The Kokichi reveal really unsettled me as well too, since -- for some reason -- I found it kind of OOC? I don't know exactly what the feeling is called, but that's the closest I can say. Basically, it just felt very off to me too

The cluelessness comes from how Exisal Kokichi didn't know about the "Remnants of Despair" "Hope" and "Junko". However, the reason the others know about that is because of the flashback light, which Kokichi didn't get to experience

I really like your tangent about the setting. The thought never occured to me, but it makes sense. The buildup with the characters, with the player following along, really helps you relate to the characters. Imagining that the utter shock you feel is the same feeling the characters are going through is a really cool concept actually

• Posted at:

Enchanted Dragons

Just call me Enchanted!

Remember the Lost

simply Danganronpa

I realize that my wording for the phrase "the one dead, or at least in the press" doesn't make complete sense and what I meant to say is it's possible he's either the victim, or somehow both of them are in the press

But also I really don't trust that is Exisal is Kokichi and also that video is rly suspicious because he specifically said "the moment he died" which is impossible because it was ""Kaito"" being crushed in the press but the press wouldn't activate if he was still alive on it and also I didn't notice any bloodstreaks on the floor

Up your game, impostor Exisal

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Yeah, I still find the thing about the flashback light very odd, especially because of Monokuma's thing about "fairness" later when he told Shuichi about the Exisals' behavior when he went to the hangar. I can understand why something like Kokichi's plot to liven up the game was kept a secret, but this just seems very out of place.It feels like something so important that he should know. Kokichi of all people would be the one to know stuff, especially concerning the past. But if the Exisal is actually Kaito, he'd know about everything in the Flashback Light. This honestly doesn't feel like either of them. The speech patterns and personality definitely match Kokichi, but everything is off about it and there's still nothing to go on.

Shuichi's started believing that Kaito is dead too but I just can't believe it. There's something much too wrong about this trial that's making me reserve judgment. It's really hard to believe anything at this point.

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

also something to note--

Keebo's been on your side for every Scrum Debate, except for Chapter 5

• Posted at:

Enchanted Dragons

Just call me Enchanted!

Remember the Lost

simply Danganronpa

I noticed that and it made me sad I don't wanna go against Kiibo ;-;

"I thought it could have been Junko, but she's dead"

Shuichi, don't underestimate Junko.

But I have been thinking that Monokuma is an AI basically from the beginning so??

Idk this trial just hurts my brain

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Shuichi don't break my brain even more it's too early for this.

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

B E C A U S E  J U N K O  E N O S H I M A  I S

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

"The memories are all lies!"

I've been saying this from the beginning but thanks for noticing

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~