Sorry for lack of response! The wifi is kinda sparse in the area I'm in rn ^^;

if there are are any lingering questions, I can help answer them (provided that the information isn't revealed later on in the series, since that'd be a spoiler)

Yessss I love Gundam too. His hamsters Four Dark Devas of Destruction are very cute :33

now that you've finished the game, same as before, what are your thoughts on the characters? 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Enchanted Dragons

Just call me Enchanted!

Remember the Lost

(Christian | #Equal | Bisexual)

If you turn into a flower

you must be the most delicate ever

even if you bloom, just occasionally

you're the only perfect flower for me

simply Danganronpa

It's fine :o

Nothing's really needing cleared up that I can think of though ^^

Lets see....

Guess I'll go through them all

-Byakuya (I'm going to keep calling him that :v): Not really a new opinion of him. Still think he's cool.

-Teruteru: No.

-Mahiru: Was too good for this world. Overall very good I loved her.

-Peko: Also very good. Sad to see her go, very good for what I know of her.

-Ibuki: Good and loud daughter, was too pure. A bright, screaming angel.

-Hiyoko: Mixed feelings?? While I really can't like her bratty attitude I can tell she wanted to change. Not bad per say, but not on my faves list.

-Mikan: ????????????????????????????? Really don't know what to think.

-Nekomaru: Good and loud dad friend. Infectious laugh, 10/10

-Gundham: I've definitely come to see his appeal. A good nerd who I would gladly be friends with (granted he'd let me >.>)

-Nagito: My feelings on him are.... Strange. He probably falls in the same category as Kimblee from fma: "You're a horrible piece of trash, but also I love you." Overall: Problematic Fave™

-Chiaki: Her and Ibuki are tied for best tbh. She's too good for any world. A blessing.

-Hajime: I will love and support this boy.

-Souda: A neon assault on my eyes but also a GOOD BOY. You build your vehicles I love you son

-Fuyuhiko: I'm glad he didn't stay the angry loner he was in the beginning. Another good boy, would give him a hug but I'd probably get stabbed.

-Sonia: An angel tbh.

-Akane: General indifference? Not a fan, but I don't dislike her.

Overall: Too many good children that I can't protect

I could easily go into a lot more depth about why I like them all but also I don't feel like it atm maybe later if you want--

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Trash Squad ~ Aro/Ace ~ Regretting Life Choices ~ Drawing or Reading Probably

"Oh how disgusting, all this disguising, to become somebody that's worth existing."

No problem then :D though before I offer my own opinions, one question: Are you planning on reading DR0 and watching the anime? DR0 isn't necessary, but it's a pretty good book (yes, it's a novel. There is only a fan translation but fan translations tend to do a great job so the only issue would be finding it :P) and DR3 shows the fate of the remaining cast of DR1 and 2. 

If you're going to watch the anime, remember the order. First episode of Side:Future, then first episode of Side:Despair, and so on until you finish both sides. Then Side:Hope is the ending. 

Sorry if I'm being a broken record and repeating things over and over ^^; I guess I care too much about this series

onto characters:

Twogami (the fandom's nickname for him): if Byakuya was like this in the first game I would've liked him. He still is condescending, but considering his real talent, that's just an act. He was thorough and kept his word, even to the end. I respect that. Also, my like for him might also be because of his portrayal in the anime. There's also a kind sad/funny quote where he mentions that the only thing you can trust in this world are carbs. The Ultimate Imposter never had an identity and was always on the run, so its possible he developed an eating disorder from the stress. Same with Mikan, I like it when there are serious reasons given as to why a certain character looks/acts like they do.

Teruteru: Random trivia corner! Did you know his original design was a bishonen? That means he was supposed to look like one of those hot anime dudes. Of course, I think that's why they changed it. If he wasn't in such a cartoony style, people might've taken his creepiness even worse, so they basically made him full on cartoon relief. (Up until the end of his trial, when he shared his story) However, same with almost every character in this series, there is some sort of redemption for him. I dimly remember his FTE's, but I think it was along the lines of rediscovering what cooking meant for him. (Strangely sweet. "Mama" is brought back up again) Also, the ending of his trial sorta established him as a tragic character, just before his death, probably to give the player a reason to feel sorry for a character who (up to this point) was just creepy and weird. As for my personal opinion on him, neutral. He never "gets" anything, someone's there to stop Sonia from agreeing, it's definitely creepy but nothing ever happened from his endeavors so there's no deed to condemn him.

Mahiru: I think a lot of people (probably guys) disliked Mahiru because her first words to Hajime didn't give the best out of her personality. Once again, FTE's provide some clarification. I'm fairly neutral to her, I definitely don't hate her, but she isn't really a favorite of mine.

Peko: Most of my first impressions are from appearances, and I liked her design so I took more notice of her. It helped that the Let's player I was watching did an FTE of hers before her trial, so I got to see the Peko and hamster scene (which I found great). The whole "I'm just a tool" spiel kind of got tiring to me after a while, but considering her motivation that repetitiveness would make sense. I always like a good bond between two characters, whether it be romantic, sibling, or parent and child.

Ibuki: I feel like Ibuki is probably the only character who's happy 24/7 (at least, untroubled by significant matters, maybe a little down one day because of something minor). No way a bad thing, I found her great! Her antics were always fun for me to watch, seeing her end up being a victim depressed me. Even more so since she wasn't in her right mind at the time so we couldn't get to see the familiar Ibuki one last time before her death. Not the saddest I've felt at a death -- all of those are in V3 -- but she was something special.

Hiyoko: I hated her much more before than I do now (DR3 anime helped a bit). She was really nasty to the others and her insults weren't really imaginative or hard-hitting. Also, she targeted Mikan, who was already so emotionally weak. I guess her design also contributed in my hate at the time; I found it common for "cute"/"loli" characters to be exempt from their actions just because they were cute. I find that a fair amount of people like her. I will admit that she has a reason for acting the way she does (FTEs yet again) but I still can't really stand her bratty actions. Adding on: I couldn't really see the "change" that the game claimed. It wasn't until the DR3 anime. There was a certain scene where Hiyoko (post-growth spurt) was actually nice to Mikan for a brief second.

Mikan: I feel bad for her. I probably was more forgiving of Mikan's craziness because, again, FTEs. The Let's player I was watching finished all of Mikan's FTEs before her trial, giving me more insight into her character. The game's main story simply writes her off as a fan service character, and while she doesn't act much different in her FTEs, those moments are meant to be odd and disturbing rather than humorous. Mikan suffered from physical, emotional, and even sexual abuse, which is how she ended up the way she did. She became the Ultimate Nurse because she had to learn how to patch herself up, over and over again. She grew an unhealthy mindset; being bullied was better than being ignored, she thought to herself. I've seen some people speculate that when she "fell down", she did it on purpose so that people would notice her. All in all, a very damaged character. She was the weakest, mentally, so it's possible that Junko converted her to despair very easily. Also, Mikan's beloved was Junko. The Remembrance disease made her remember that she was Ultimate Despair. Stuff like this is why I dislike Junko as a human being. As a character, she's a great villain that makes you either hate her or love her. I wish she didn't reappear though, that kind of makes her redundant. I also feel like she's too powerful of a character and that she's involved in everything

Nekomaru: Dad friend indeed. He had his share of both comical and serious moments. Another winning point about him was his ability to accept and adapt. When Gundham came to kill him, he understood quickly and was prepared to do the same. No matter who died in that tower, as long as the rest are able to keep on living, their goal was accomplished. FTE's will strike once again! I think it sort of explains why he became a manager instead of an athlete.

Gundham: Fuahahahaha! I see you too have joined the da-- *cough* Great fan of him, though I can also understand why some might dislike him. He has on a persona constantly, so if you dislike the whole occult mystery vibe he has then he gets grating really fast. Not a problem for me though! Even through the main storyline, you can see his character underneath his mask. There was a point (I think) where Gundham remarked on how animals wouldn't judge you. His backstory is further elaborated in his FTEs, albeit obscured by his facade talk. The bromance between Hajime and Gundham at the end is so precious too! Gundham finally opens up, and it's to a person who accepts him as who he is.

Nagito: He's meh to me, honestly. The Let's player I watched didn't like him, I knew he had an overwhelming amount of fans, but I didn't lean to any particular side. I just couldn't get interested in him for some reason. Maybe it's because I have a certain V3 character on my mind who was called the "Nagito 2.0". I found him much more interesting than Nagito, so maybe I did have an opinion on Nagito once but it's been completely overshadowed by the new character.

Chiaki: I agree, she's almost too good to be true. It might also be the fact that she's a gamer, which made her slightly more relatable as the people playing the game are probably gamers themselves. Not to mention that she's probably voiced the player's thoughts more than once. There's a moment where she goes "Can you be quiet for a second, Nagito?" Which is probably what the player is thinking at the time. Out of all the Danganronpa characters, she gets the worst fate I think. Not just her AI self; the real Chiaki Nanami too.

Hajime: After Makoto's blank slate self, Hajime was so much more alive. He had more sass, more conflicts, more flaws, and one can see the emotions he feels (especially towards the end of the game). I think it's a nice touch how they changed the "sound" for the cut-ins during Chiaki's trial: he was either silent, or he said something like " but even so...!" Seeing him have a tearful sprite also helped, as Makoto was barely expressive at all. His reaction during the final trial was also something new. We see the same things as the last game; Makoto parading around with his Hope propaganda. However, we're not Makoto this time. This time, Makoto's an outsider who's pushing at the ones who will lose something either way. 

Soda: Good boy indeed! Sonia's probably not the one for him though, as sad as it is. It's also interesting to find out that he has a reason for his odd appearance. (FTEs strike again). Seeing him excited about machines is another's plus for him in my book; I also love it when characters are able to do what they love to do, and all of Danganronpa's characters have a talent that they're passionate about so it happens much more often than in other series.

Fuyuhiko: One of the greatest 180 developements I've seen in this series. He went from a hated boy to a best boy. FTEs are super cute, especially the last one, new bromance in the making. He was a great help in the trials, and -- although he still had his language -- he was genuinely trying to work together with everyone. An example of this is when Hajime proved that the broken drumstick was just a diversion, he went "I can't believe I fell for that" instead of being grumbly that he was proven wrong. (A rarity. Most people would be more like "ok then" and move on) I kinda expected him to live to the end because of Peko's sacrifice, but I can sacrifice surprise for a good ending for him.

Sonia: She was so nice, almost unnaturally so. Her patience and willingness to forgive were so admirable. If the world was full of Sonias it would literally be heaven because it'd full of angels. I like how she had a nerdy side too, a classic prim and proper princess would've been too boring. Her chemistry with Gundham and how well they click together is my main reason for shipping her and Gundham over her and Soda. I don't want her to completely shun out Soda though, maybe just friends.

Akane: FTEs strike yet again! It doesn't change her character, but it shows why she has the mindset that she has and why she became the way she did. It's the magic of the FTE, where the characters show their most developed side. Some characters might get tossed to the side in the main story, but in their FTEs, it's just them and the player.

Sorry for the wall of text! Just a lot I wanted to get out ^^;

• Posted at:

Enchanted Dragons

Just call me Enchanted!

Remember the Lost

simply Danganronpa

Mods please I spent an hour writing that post--

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

"Oh how disgusting, all this disguising, to become somebody that's worth existing."

It's fine, I like walls of text :o

DR3 is something I'm definitely planning on watching, yeah. I'll do some looking for DR0 at some point as well, though probably at a later point as that would probably require delving into the fandom to find translations for and I am still wary because spoilers. That reminds me I still have like three light novels I still need to find for a different fandom

It's no problem that you keep repeating things tbh xD I'd probably forget at some point anyway--

hhhhh okay so characters now that I'm awake I can talk a lot more xD

Twogami (good name I like it): Honestly, I mentioned it before but I do find him so much more likable than the actual Byakuya. We seem to have very similar opinions on him, not really anything to add from me.

Teruteru: Honestly, even with his redeeming qualities I can't find it in me to like him at all? I guess I just find him really bland. I dunno, he's just someone I can't like in the slightest, his tragicness just... didn't do it for me.

Mahiru: Honestly I think the reason I like her so much is because she's clearly the mom friend of the group which his highly relatable for me because someone has to take care of the group of idiots. I know I got to see a couple of her events which was nice! Something about her just stuck to me so now she's mine.

Peko: I haven't gotten to her FTEs yet so I don't really have anything new to say on her atm. I can say she has I design I really like, though I guess I just didn't get to pay her enough attention beforehand.

Ibuki: Honestly there's nothing about her I don't love. She was just so bright and peppy and happy! And had epic hair, that's a plus too. I found it impossible to keep from smiling every time she showed up, her mood is just infectious. Was really sad to see her go ;-; I feel like in general, she's my favorite (at least from 2's cast)

Hiyoko: Yeah, the whole "cute" thing with her is one of the main reasons I find it hard to like her. I just wish her attitude had actually been addressed more tbh.

Mikan: I haven't seen her events either, and though I can see why she's a good character, she's just... not one I can get into? I'm not sure why at all tbh, because I want to like her, but I just find it hard. Nothing really against her though.

And as a side note I rly like Junko as a villain.

Nekomaru: I kind of feel bad that he wasn't able to become an athlete, but at the same time it's easy to tell he's happy with where he is now. At first I was kind of indifferent to him, but now I really see he's just a big lovable dude who wants to help.

Gundham: Yeah!! I will join the dark side! Again, he was another one I was indifferent to, but I did find his facade kind of endearing. Learning about him was fun, and I love his whole occult shtick. I was initially interested in him because of the animal breeder thing but I ended up forgetting about it because he was honestly so out there that I couldn't associate him with animals (other than his Devas of course). But also he's an animal lover which is GOOD I love that.

Intense hand holding there at the end

Nagito: hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I could say so much on why I find him an interesting character but still also hate his guts tbh. I think my thing with him is that I am almost instantly drawn to characters that are clearly mentally ill and often scapegoats like he was (even if he deserved the scapegoating tbh). I just like the broken problem children, and I guess I find his whole hope shtick kind of endearing in a way? I know it's very creepy and repetitive but I love hearing from characters with skewed world views like him. And this is going to probably sound very bad on my part, but I guess I just see a bit of myself in him, in a way?

It's that little purple haired kid isn't it I've seen him just as much as Nagito.

Chiaki: I'm not gonna lie, she was definitely the one I least expected to be the "traitor". I think it occured to both me and the let's player at the same time when she was finally able to do more FTEs with her that "hey, she isn't really... normal." even by the sense of the game. But I didn't really think much of it beyond "huh, I wonder why" until the journal came up. That totally blindsided me, especially because she really did just want the best for everyone in the end and just came right out to it.

Hajime: Agreed!! I definitely liked watching him because he had more character, even if he was a bit blunt and/or oblivious at times.

Souda: He's a blessing honestly, definitely another in my top faves. I kind of wish his character in the main storyline wasn't mostly focused only on Sonia though, because I feel like that really gives off the wrong impression of him. Seeing his absolute ecstasy over machines was really cool! 10/10 would hug

Fuyuhiko: Honestly I don't have much to say beyond what you did xD He's another good guy.

Sonia: I honestly love her character so much!! Again, everything about her is good. I love her strange interest in the occult and serial killers, not something you'd expect a princess to be into, but it works. I think it's actually nice how she makes mistakes too (particularly in her speaking patterns, which is something I wouldn't have noticed without the lets player so that's nice), but she's still very nice when it's pointed out.

Akane: Well, I guess I'll have to see then.

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

I'm emotional over a fictional dog I haven't known for more than 30 minutes help me

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

GIVE

ME

THE

FIRE

DOGE

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

tbh I love breaks but also I get so immensely bored over them that I can feel myself dying

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

I've realized I have a total of two favorite character types:

-Horrible piece of trash that deserves nothing

-Purest angel that deserves everything

And basically no inbetween

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Hhhhhh

I'm itching to draw but have a total of 0 ideas as for what

I should work on my dr dragons but nahhhhh

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

maybe music can offer some inspiration? I've been obsessed with a band named MILI and all their songs are sorta fantasy/whimsy with "deeper meanings" (ptobably) so maybe check out their songs?

My newest favorites are world.search(you), Excalibur, Ga1ahad and Scientific Witchery, sl0t, DK, Rubber Human, and Bathtub Mermaid.

• Posted at:

Enchanted Dragons

Just call me Enchanted!

Remember the Lost

simply Danganronpa

Teruteru: yeah, meh for me too. Maybe the artstyle also has something to do with it?

Now for just more misc. things:

-I think the reason why people didn't expect Chiaki to be the traitor, is because of how the Future Foundation is presented. We now know that the Future Foundation were the good guys all along after finishing the game. However, the game initially paints the Future Foundation as something bad, which paints our expectations

-Yes it's that little purple kid. Not to say Nagito isn't an interesting character -- he's an amazingly designed character, and his death is something that could only work with a character like Nagito -- but I just like the new guy better. I guess the main reason is: Nagito presents all of who he is without lies. It's all out in the open. With the purple-haired kid, you could believe anything about him and still not know what's a lie or what's a truth. 

• Posted at:

Enchanted Dragons

Just call me Enchanted!

Remember the Lost

simply Danganronpa

Oooooh, I'll keep it in mind :o

tbh I rly want to do color palette stuff, but again, no clue what to actually draw

/sigh

Also I DON'T THINK PULLING A KNIFE ON ONE OF YOUR STUDENTS IS GOOD CONDUCT

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Without his neon abomination of a jumpsuit I'm convinced this Souda is a fake

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

It's been two episodes and I love Gozu so much

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Quick question tho:

Is there a particular reason that DR3 needs to be watched in such a particular way? Or will that just become evident later on?

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Well heck

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

That old dude is SICK

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Shoot I think he's gonna die

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Oh no

Someone stop him this is going to be bad isn't it

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Why and where did Nagito even get bombs he's literally a high school student

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Yes, there is a reason for the order. It's a bit confusing though so I definitely get it when people watch each arc on their own

I think the main reason is information intake. In the Future arc, which you watch first, you get thrown in with a bunch of characters you don't know. Despair arc answers some of the questions, giving insight into backstory and how certain characters acted during the Tragedy and what role they played. I believe that's the main reason for alternating.

also, Future arc has 13 episodes while Despair arc has 11, so after Future:12 go to Future:13 instead

I loved Great Gozu too :D such a bro

• Posted at:

Enchanted Dragons

Just call me Enchanted!

Remember the Lost

simply Danganronpa

Summary: If you don't alternate, watching each side on its own, the story feels incomplete. It'll feel like the anime thinks you already know this character, which is true if you alternate, but not if you watch each Side by itself 

• Posted at:

Enchanted Dragons

Just call me Enchanted!

Remember the Lost

simply Danganronpa

Oooooh okay, makes sense

Also I liked Seiko heck

The ones I like keep dying

And we all know that becoming a superhuman genius involves having your hair grown out to ridiculous lengths and dyed

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

"I'm a reader, not a runner"

wow same Toko

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Gundham how did you even get a bear in the classroom

Forget why, H O W

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

No, keep saying he's dead please, maybe he'll stay gone

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Junko get AWAY from him I will fight you

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

EXCUSE YOU KUKUI YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO JUST WALK INTO THE GRASS AND TEST YOUR Z-MOVE ON THAT GROWLITHE I NEED THAT

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Komaeda stop you're being creepy again

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Magic pastel luck powers??

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Hello. Mind if I join this for a nice Danganronpa discussion?

• Posted at:

☾Bixbite The Great

Me Gang: {Amatista} {Esmeralda} {Perla} {Rubi}

Hammock-flavored drinks rule!

Super Duper High Middle School Level Pianist (AKA Ultimate Pianist)

#FADE FOREVER

I may not like being a girl, but that's what I am and will always be.

Ooooh sure! :D I just finished episode eight of dr3's despair arc (though i've been advancing fairly quickly so--)

So yeah? I'm only rly done with the first and second games atm

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Excuse y'all that ain't okay??

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Also to add: episode 6 of future arc would've made more sense if you had played Ultra Despair Girls beforehand

• Posted at:

Enchanted Dragons

Just call me Enchanted!

Remember the Lost

simply Danganronpa

So you've seen the student council killing... that was pretty crazy

feelin' the despair yet? It's everywhere :'D

• Posted at:

Enchanted Dragons

Just call me Enchanted!

Remember the Lost

simply Danganronpa

Yup--

I'm actually halfway through episode ten of despair now (as in I literally just hit the break)

And

STOP

Don't hurt my daughter darn it she doesn't deserve any of this

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Ah yes, Episode 10, the episode of Chiaki dying a horrible death that she didn't deserve ;-; She didn't even kill anyone in reali life

• Posted at:

Enchanted Dragons

Just call me Enchanted!

Remember the Lost

simply Danganronpa

That was not okay help

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~

Izuru, buddy,,,

I don't think even the literal apocalypse will change memes

• Posted at:

~{}Lily{}~