I'm not going to post the results for Day 1 yet, so you can keep posting. Anyway...

Form: /302204

Critique a part of the form from parts 1-11. Best three critiques get generated LunarWing adopts.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Sage, Ruler of Lecturing, Hunter of Mary Sues

Co-Queen of Fantribes

LunarWeek is coming /299573

I'll respect your opinion as long as your opinion doesn't disrespect anyone else's existence

BOW DOWN TO MY OCS!

OC of the week: Fiao, Cool Guy

Poke

• Posted at:

Sage, Ruler of Lecturing, Hunter of Mary Sues

Co-Queen of Fantribes

LunarWeek is coming /299573

I'll respect your opinion as long as your opinion doesn't disrespect anyone else's existence

BOW DOWN TO MY OCS!

OC of the week: Fiao, Cool Guy

Green means I have a question

Purple means I like it

Blue means I'm confused

Maroon means that I'd like to see how this works in a story

Orange means you made me laugh, humor points for you

Gray is my commenting

Powers-
Living Animi: King Cosmos, Old Queen Spica (retired queens and council members are “old”, not “ex”, out of respect and because they actually are old.) Although this could have been said in another part of the form and probably was, I like that you added it as to avoid confusion.

All Animi: Every Brightest-Night born dragonet and Aquila

Animus-Touched Objects: Every part of Luna except the rocks.

Basic Tribal Powers: They have two different skill sets, based on the phase of the moons that they were born on, night skills are the ability to cast an illusion that looks like another tribe or dragon-like animals(first moon), strength (second moon), and invisibility, (third moon) which are based on how dark the moons were. Day skills are telepathy(first), telekinesis(second), and precognition(third), and are based on how full the moons were. First moon powers are based on the closest moon to Pyrrhia, second to the middle moon, and so on. Don't they live on the third moon? How would they get those powers? I like the in-depth version of NightWing powers.

More in depth explanations:
Telepathy: Full-moons are pretty similar to NightWings, except dragonets are taught to shield their minds from a young age, and LunarWings have a pretty good teaching program going(By the time of TTM, the NightWings have one as well). Gibbous-moons are slightly weaker. Half-moons are able to sense emotion, but pretty much nothing else. Crescents can sense when a dragon is feeling a very strong emotion, while needles(very, very thin moons) can only guess to what they’re feeling others think.

Telekinesis: Full-moons can lift objects as large as tables with practice and can lift multiple objects fairly easily. They can move them around pretty quickly. Gibbous-moons need slightly more practice. Half-moons can push things, but not lift them. Crescents need a lot of practice to just nudge something large. Needles are incredibly lucky if they can nudge a leaf or a pebble. Telekinetics can use teamwork, a lot of telekinetics together could lift a house. Since telekinesis is useful that way, it’s used very commonly, especially when dragons are feeling lazy. The objects they lift don’t actually glow when they lift them, I just put that in my pictures sometimes to avoid confusion. Like most skills, it gets easier with practice. Syzygy and Cosmos can push dragons into walls because they practiced it enough to use in self-defence (Syzygy) or to help lift particularly heavy objects (Cosmos).

Precognition: Is WEIRD. Full-moon dragons get dreams when they are about to make a big decision, or when the Universe wants to mess with someone. Sometimes prophetic dreams are difficult to distinguish from regular dreams, and it can be annoying when you’re trying to keep someone’s surprise party secret but they randomly see it in a dream. Actual waking visions are rare, and prophecies are even rarer. Very different from NightWing powers, interesting. Gibbous-moons get the dreams less frequently and there’s only been two recorded visions and one recorded prophecy by Gibbous-moons. Half-moons sometimes have very vague dreams, and they’re more likely to blend in with real dreams than any higher-powered dragon’s. (The LunarWings are certain that Europa’s dream about a flying cow was not of the prophetic variety, though he thought it was). Crescent-moons have good instincts, especially after taking a nap. Needles can sometimes tell if they’re being lead into a trap or if something important is going to happen.

Invisibility: Fairly straightforward. Full-moons can turn completely invisible for an average of two hours. Gibbous-moons for one. Half-moons for maybe a half hour. Crescents can turn very to slightly transparent, and Needles can turn parts of themselves vaguely transparent. The more dragons practice, the better they can get at it, and the record holder for Longest Time Invisible was Taurus, at six hours. Very logical invisibility.

Illusions: LunarWings can only make themselves look like other dragons or very dragon like animals. They do not get any extra powers from this. Full-moons can make themselves look completely like another tribe for as long as they’re concentrating. They can also, with practice and a specimen to look at, make themselves look like large horses, cows, lions, komodo dragons, or other very large animals.(Dragons come more naturally). (Since no large animals are native to the moon, however, a dragon would have to be on Pyrrhia to learn this skill, and frankly, it’s rather pointless.) Each dragon has a set appearance for each tribe, for example a black LunarWing would be dark colored, and black as a RainWing. (They can’t change their scale colors as RainWings.) Gibbous-moons can also cast the illusion for as long as they’re concentrating, but certain more LunarWingy aspects, such as spikes on tail, stars on wings, or large wings might poke out. Half-moons can cast the illusion until they tire, and have more of a chance of something slipping. Crescent-moons can change the tone and shade of their scale color and the shape of their horns. Needles can change the tone and shade of their scales for a little while. An easy way to tell if it’s a disguised LunarWing or not is to look at their ears: a LunarWing will have a spot the color of their mane on their ear if they aren’t a RainWing or IceWing. For IceWings, their extra horns will be a different color than their normal horns and scales, and same for the RainWing’s ruff.

Strength: Very straightforward. The strength can boost physical strength or concentration, and gets more powerful the darker the second moon is. Strength could hypothetically increase telekinesis power, but since they’re both second moon powers no one knows for sure. Again, the more they practice, the stronger their strength gets. Did you design the powers to have opposites that would limit power?

They also can fly long distances or fly very fast(can't do both at the same time, alas).

They also discovered some ancient texts on science and math, and thus are more scientifically advanced than other tribes.

No breath weapon. Why is this here? 

Taboo Basic Tribal Powers: There is a very specific law that says you can’t use your telekinesis to smash fruit on someone’s head. Other than that, no. Are they that un-scared by powers in general? Animus magic got them in a lot of trouble, so their dislike of this is understandable. Do they think power laws are covered in 'no killing'? Also, did Queen Tycho make that law?

Uses for Basic Powers: THE POSSIBILITIES ARE UNLIMITED

How Dangerous are These Powers: Depends on who’s using them.

How Often Used are These Powers: Very often. They’re basically a fact of life, though telepathy is often limited by skyfire. Where do they get skyfire?

How Scary are These Powers: Not very, once you see dragons using their telekinesis to play practical jokes and their invisibility to tag buildings.

Things that Affect Usage of Basic Powers: Practice, diet, skyfire (eating skyfire can harm both your telepathy and your ability to have your mind read, but it’s temporary), energy, and temperature(it’s harder to hold illusions when you’re hot, and uncomfortable temperatures can mess with your ability to concentrate).

Downsides/Dangers of Basic Powers: Dragons are endlessly creative, sometimes in bad ways. And the strangest things can be weapons if you can control them. Terrorists with telekinesis or criminals with illusions would be a big problem (*cough* TTM *cough*). Also, using powers excessively can result in tiredness, hunger, distraction, and other health problems.

Special Powers: Animus magic, Darkest Night-borns can sense the history and the potential of an object. They can do it with a living creature, but potential sensing is harder because they get to do stuff with their potential. Potential is quite difficult to make sense of, since there’s so many types of it and every dragon senses it differently. Darkest-night borns train for years under the older ones to figure out which feeling is which. Sensing history and potential is easier when you can touch the object.

Taboo Special Powers: Animus magic.

Uses for Special Powers: It helps settle arguments, solve court cases, and do other stuff that royals do. More on this and how?

Competitions Involving Special Powers: Nope, there's not enough specials to do anything. You're just talking about animus and brightest/darkest night borns, correct?

Hierarchy Involving Special Powers: Special powered dragons are guaranteed a spot on the council. Why?

How Dangerous are These Powers: Knowledge is power, but that's about it. Also, animus magic, need I say any more?

How Often Used are These Powers: Fairly often. There's no real regulation. Unless you’re the animus.

Things that Affect Usage of Special Powers (over time, instantly): Diet, the thing being scanned, energy level, focus, and knowledge of what you're doing.

Rarity of Special Powers: Currently one in fifty dragons gets the powers, but the number is skewed thanks to their strange hatching patterns. Normally it would be much rarer, at about 1/12,500

I chose this section because I had the most questions about it.

• Posted at:

Eventide

#Equal | #NoFlameInTheLibrary | LGBTQ+ and Hatelessly Proud

Na razrusha'ya. E'ya razrushost.

Love speaks in flowers. Truth requires thorns.

I critiqued Powers and my post better come through soon.

• Posted at:

Eventide

#Equal | #NoFlameInTheLibrary | LGBTQ+ and Hatelessly Proud

Na razrusha'ya. E'ya razrushost.

Love speaks in flowers. Truth requires thorns.