Not The Brightest Night, Book 5, but that other bright night, when the dragonets hatch. We know Clay came out first and tried to help the other dragonets out of their shells, because he’s a total Bigwings, but what else do we know about that fateful night?

Write a story, from the POV of one of the dragonets or one of the adult dragons, about what happened when the dragonets of destiny were born!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Recent threads

WOF letters storystarter /327169

Cool Spirit Animals fan posts, the sequel! /326798

Shadow House music /324866

Goosebumps: Please do not feed the weirdo! /326797

Cool I Survived places! /325715

I have the writing skills of a potato so chances are I won't actually write anything, but

I heard that the graphoc novel starts off kinda like this

• Posted at:

:・゚ MARX :・゚

eternal glitter overlord 

forum xurkitree 

seawing | arcane | riverclan 

RDG ITWOX SVGKAS  

oooo...

• Posted at:

{~Sanetra~} 

When did we all stop thinking that the world stopped spinning in a kiss goodnight?

When did a heartbeat beating too fast stop meaning it was worth the while?

4Amigas

eurekaDarkseaBearBlackberryVertigoLectorGulfstream

2nd

• Posted at:

~Crystal~

You can’t bend the rules of the Catholic Church.

I Love you even though you hate me.

Love EVERYONE No Matter What     

#Prolife

#Canada

#Homeschool

#RCatholic

well this is not really a story but i have a theory if starflight was up on a ledge on the brightest night he might have gotten the ability to read minds and see the future

• Posted at:

~~~~ Tesla ~~~~

Goddess of Courage and Russian blue cats

i support #LGBTQ+

she/her

Bengal is my mother

Not dead.

Five eggs shiver slightly, a small thin crack snakes across one clay brown egg and slowly the shell falls away revealing what was underneath. Small red golden wings stretch out for the first time, and brown eyes dart curiously to see what is around them and they spot four other eggs. Destiny is born. For the very first time Clay opens his eyes, wide with wonder. He looks up at the large dragons watching him curiously. Th largest, a towering SkyWing seemed to be alert, and furious, while the scarred, battered SandWing looked calm, and tired. All while the SeaWing, was just staring blankly at him. Clay gurgled a few sounds before he toppled over his broad brown talons, making his way to the four other, shimmering eggs. For some reason he knew he had to help them with a determined growl he grabbed the sea blue one clawing at the deep, IceWing blood blue shell. He heard a shriek and the large, pale red dragoness grabbed him, yanking him  away from the others. He looked up expecting the grown-ups to be proud but he was met with wide, terror-stricken eyes of the Sea and Sand, but the Sky was smirking. Clay shrunk back sligtly, if one thing was sure, he knew his life would not be normal.

• Posted at:

~Arrow~

-Proud Christian

-GirlFriend of Loki Laufeyson

-Furry

-Over zealous Rain-Ice hybrid

-Asgardian

Forum Fam: Silverskies, Moonlight, & Onyx

"I am royally cheesed off!!!"~Me

"I am not doing get help." ~Loki

YEP I'M DOING KESTRaL! Woop, wopp! WHo LeT THe KeStRal, oUT!?

Kestral, stared down at the soon to be hatched eggs. Then she looked at the other dragons. "When are they coming out?"Kestral asked, Webs looked at her. "When they can." He answered calmly, in Kestral's point of view, Webs was always calm. He didn't shout, if anything he didn't talk! While Kestral thought, she heard a crack. "Yes! FINALLY!" Kestral shouted impatiently. The tiny mud dragon came out of its egg. "That thing's so tiny!" Kestral said. "What can we do with that thing!" "Ssshh" Dune hissed, at the same time as the tiny dragon raping its claws around a deep sea blue egg, Dune grabbed the tiny dragon, and threw him in the underground river. Webs dove in the underground river to make sure the mud dragon wouldn't drown. Kestral walked up to the deep blue egg to make sure it wasn't damaged, and it started hatching. "THAT DRAGON IS NOT A THINGY! It's magic!" Kestral protested, and Dune stared. "Ssshhh." He hissed again.

• Posted at:

||{}|Maori Hurricane|{}||

"Either the coffin hates you, or I suck at screwdrivers." ~Karen

Forum Fam: Might as well be all of you.

"Common shackles are periods, not chains." ~Me

@Marx

It does

Check under "books", there is now a tab where you can read a snippet of the graphic novel

• Posted at:

{Autumn Librarian}

Just call me Autumn!

Books, and Video Games

~Nerd~Bookworm~Ravenpuff/Ravenclaw~Amity~

~Currently Questioning~Hiyoko Defender~

"Change your perspective- and the reality changes."

OOOOH! I'll try!

• Posted at:

Tenth!

• Posted at:

~REY~

THE

Jedi

Lunar

Icewing

Avenger

Slytherin

Nightfury

BYU COUGAR

TomHolland4Ever

eleventh !! .. i think. i'll post tomorrow!!

• Posted at:

;; dipper ;;

~ life is so short, why waste it? ~

~ the universe is in your bones, the stars in your soul, it's never really the end ~

~ close your eyes and open your mind ~

~ the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow ~

whee okay here we go

Webs's talons thumped against the muddy forest floor. Thump squelch thump. It strangely reminded him of home; the thought almost made him gasp in pain. 

Get the egg, just get the egg.

The fading light of the sun seeped in through the canopy, making the grass glow. His heart lurched. Soon, it would be night.

Stop thinking stop thinking stop thinking --

But the thoughts came to him all at once, like the riptides back home. 

Asha. Dead getting the MudWing.

Hvitur. Dead getting the SkyWing.

The SkyWing, dead before they could see the light of day.

He fastened his pace, hoping to leave his thoughts behind.

Soon, the village came into view. 

Kestrel was certainly wrong in many ways. 

The village was beautifully built, treehouses joined to one another, as if holding talons. Around those trees were little hammocks, platforms, where all RainWings snored peacefully.

Well. She was right about one thing.

The hatchery was unguarded. He tiptoed in -- at that moment, a terrible thought struck. What if camouflaged RainWings were guarding the entrance?

The  thought left as soon as it came. No one grabbed him. Perhaps even the guards were asleep, he thought ruefully. 

Inside were eggs, changing into all shades of the rainbow. 

Perhaps to simply fulfill one requirement of the prophecy, he picked up the largest egg, its colors changing from the dawn sky to the night stars. 

He fled.

He fled, leaving all memories of the place in the hatchery. 

At least he wouldn't have to come back. At least he wouldn't have to recall.

rip I'm sorry that was awful.

• Posted at:

//  v i n e  //

it ain't no lie baby i'm bi bi bi

⟡she/they/dumaggressively validates yohiyoko apologist 

you're nobody's doorway but your own, and the only one who gets to tell how your story ends is you. 

No Vine that was really good!

• Posted at:

~Arrow~

-Proud Christian

-Furry

-Asgardian

I am not great, but I'll try!!

Protaganist: Dune

A great golden-yellow dragon limp/paced impatiently around the narrow cave.  What is taking so long? Asha already brought the MudWing. He already brought the SandWing.Hviter, well No one told him what happened to Hviter yet.Dune growled. How long does it take to get in and out of a hatchery!? All the sudden, a dragon landed outside the cave. Dune raised his tail and hissed, " I stand with the Talons of Peace. Webs, is it you?" " we await the Wings of Fire." The dark green SeaWing answered, carrying a dark blue SeaWing egg.Dune shifted on his talons. " is Kestrel with you? And Hviter?" Webs winced. " Dune, Hviter is dead, along with all the brightest night born SkyWings." Dune was shocked. "How?" He growled. Webs looked at him. " Burn. Burn and Scarlet." Dune Growled again. Whenever someone reminded him of Burn, his scars throbbed as if she was still maiming him." But now-"Webs was cut off as Kestrel stormed in, and yelled " We Need a  SKYWING! And you think we need a RAINWING?!?" Webs Winced again. " I was only suggesting That- " -but it is our only choice, with the IceWing gone and the SkyWings ALL dead." Dune snarled. Webs sighed and said quietly, " I wil go." He lifted his head and met Dune's gaze with determined eyes." And we will get the five dragonets; wether there is a SkyWing, or not."

Webs returned a few hours later, with a pale RainWing egg. Dune stared at it in disgust. A RainWing. They were like walking lazy rainbows. Lazy. RainWing. Dune noticed Kestrel shoot it a deadly look too as Webs layed it down next to the others. The three of them waited.after a while, a crack split the air, and a Little MudWing emerged from the blood red egg. " he is so tiny." Webs noted. Then, without warning, it plunged its little claws into the SeaWing egg. " NO!" Webs shouted, lunging forward. But Kestrel got there first. She picked him up and plunked him in the underground river with a smirk. Next the SeaWing emerged, then ( unfortunately) the RainWing, the NightWing and the SandWing. Dune blinked. The sandwing's tail had no barb, and her eyes were green. He frowned. " they need names." Kestrel hissed, retrieving the MudWing from  the river. " Well, how about Clay for the MudWing, Tsunami for the SeaWing, now the SandWing.." Webs trailed off perhaps thinking about names. " Stunted? Useless?" Kestrel chimed in. Dune thought of the dragonet's mother and said " Sunny." Webs Shurgged. " ok.as long as the RainWing is Glory." Dune Hissed. " fine." " Morrowseer said the NightWing is Starflight." Kestrel snarled. Dune looked at the Dragonets, and thought of what would happen next.

Tell me what you think!

• Posted at:

-Amare-

Let's be civil about this. 

Aesthetic of the Day(s): Pride!

#GRAVITYFALLS!

#BRINGBACKTHEBANNED!

Oregon and Washington. 

Pretty good, good job! :)

• Posted at:

~Arrow~

-Proud Christian

-Furry

-Asgardian

Oooh love all of these! Especially the different perspectives... It's making me even more excited for the graphic novel prologue...

• Posted at:

Recent threads

WOF letters storystarter /327169

Cool Spirit Animals fan posts, the sequel! /326798

Shadow House music /324866

Goosebumps: Please do not feed the weirdo! /326797

Cool I Survived places! /325715

Asha glanced down at the egg gripped firmly in her talons. Her flight was unsteady, and blood dripped from her numerous wounds, but the egg was safe. She had not failed the talons, the prophecy, the entirety of Pyrrhia who were depending on the dragonet to end the war. Blood coated the egg, but she was barely able to see the difference, the blood and the egg were the same color. 

If only she hadn't been caught in the skirmish between Blister and Blaze's forces. The IceWings and SeaWings and SandWings didn't care that an innocent egg was caught up in their violence, they just saw that Asha was a common enemy, one of Burn's MudWings. If they had known she was a talon of peace the treatment would have been even worse. Asha had barely escaped with her life, and could only hope she would have enough strength to make it to the cave where the dragonets of destiny were to be raised. She had been able to dodge most of the blows, but one IceWing had caught her, scraping his serrated claws along her back, and freezing part of her wing. 

The IceWing had aimed his frostbreath at the egg (Asha didn't understand why he would try to hurt an innocent egg for no reason, but that was beside the point), and Asha had darted out of the way, blocking the egg with her wing. It only caught the edge, but it stung so badly, Asha would have stopped immediately to find a mud pool if it weren't for her precious cargo. She thought about how easily Cattail had given up her egg, and promised that she would raise the dragonets to be happy, and that she would care for them as if they were her own. If she survived. 

She knew in her heart that her wounds were mortal, that she would not live to raise the dragonets, but she ignored the thought, hoping that if she didn't acknowledge the wounds, didn't let them get to her, they wouldn't kill her. The egg shook, ever so slightly, and she pumped her wings faster, refusing to think about what would happen if it decided to hatch here, now. She flew as high as she could go, hoping no dragons would go that high and find her. The muscles in her wings screamed, and her lungs struggled to gather air, but she kept on going. Black spot danced in front of her eyes, and her frozen wing stung more than ever. 

Asha almost missed it, the mountain on top of the cave where they were to raise the dragonets, but she banked and glided towards it. Everything seemed to be in a dreamlike haze. She swooped down into the ravine where the entrance to the cave hid, and knocked three times. The rock slid open, and Dune rushed to support her as she slumped down. The fatigue was too much, and she knew her wounds had caught up to her. 

"Asha, what happened?" Dune asked desperately. Her eyelids fluttered, as she fought against a sleep she knew she would never escape. 

"The dragonet." Asha gasped, "The egg. Take him."

"We're only waiting for Hvitur with the SkyWing, now." Dune told her. He eased the blood-red from her talons. 

"I'm not going to make it." Asha said, "There was a battle, between Blister and Blaze. I," she gasped, "Got caught in the middle of it. My wounds- are mortal. Promise me, Dune." She trailed off.

Dune gripped her talon tightly, a tear trailing down his cheek, "What is it Asha?" he whispered, "What do you want me to promise?"

"The dragonets." Asha said, "Keep them safe. Make sure they feel like they have..."

She trailed off, no longer able to continue. The fatigue, and her wounds, proved too much. The black spots spread over her vision, and all pain disappeared. It felt like drowning, but she wasn't afraid. Her last words repeated themselves in her head over and over Keep them safe. Make sure they feel like they have... a home

I know it doesn't include the dragonets actually hatching, but it's about the brightest night, so I think it still counts :D

• Posted at:

~Spirit~

(SIGGY IN PROGRESS)

That was great!!

• Posted at:

-Amare-

Let's be civil about this. 

Aesthetic of the Day(s): Pride!

#GRAVITYFALLS!

#BRINGBACKTHEBANNED!