All miraculous holders, hero, villain, and in between, share one characteristic: they have animalistic qualities that give them their power. It is only fair, then, that the process of natural selection be applied to these heroes, as it is to the animals they draw strength from. Survival of the fittest ensures the strongest population; the weeding out of the weak and unadapted is what allows us to continue to live in this changing environment. Let these games be a test of your wit and perseverance, your abilities and your determination. Nature has no order; it is red in tooth and claw.

To begin, you will be sorted into groups according to your hero animal and equipped with a reactor chip, which will be attached behind your ear. It will stay there until someone else removes it, even if you shift out of your miraculous form. You are not expected to stay in these groups; keep in mind that the heroes in your group share similar powers.
You will also be given a signal flare and a tag gun. Activate the flare if you are seriously injured or if you need to be taken out of the arena. The tag gun emits a weak laser, which you can point at another miraculous holder to incapacitate them. If you are tagged, you will not be able to move until your reactor chip is removed. The gun is only effective at relatively close quarters.
Tag cartridges will be routinely dropped onto certain areas; it is up to you to find them if you run out.
Once you have been taken out of the arena, you can watch the rest of the games, suggest changes, and sponsor other miraculous holders. If you prefer not to do so, you can go on with your regular life.
You will be dropped into the arena from a plane. How you land is up to you. Alliances can be made, but are optional; no more than five per group.
Everything in the arena- trees, animals, water, is yours to use as you please. Keep in mind, however, that others may steal it if it is not properly guarded. Betrayal, espionage, and miraculous powers are allowed and encouraged— this is an evolution free-for-all.
After six hours, you will experience a sudden change in your environment. You are expected to quickly adapt to this change and continue to tag other miraculous holders. After this initial change, others will follow at random.
The arena is walled in by an electric fence. If you try to escape, you will be eliminated from the games.
The goal is to be the last person left in the arena. If this happens to you, you will be picked up from a helicopter and your reactor chip will be removed. The winning miraculous holder receives bragging rights and twenty thousand dollars.
Above all, remember that nature has no mercy.

And so, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, those who are many and those who are none, let the natural selection games begin!

Form
Hero name:
Civilian name:
Animal:
Powers (including special power):
Other:

Phylum groups (which I will assign once enough people have joined):
coelenterata (jellyfish, hydras, coral)
arthropoda (spiders, insects, crustaceans)
mollusca (clams, snails, oysters, octopus)
chordata (fish, reptiles, birds, mammals, amphibians)

The arena:
A large swathe of land beyond the forest at the edge of Forumsville. This includes the western edge of the forest, leading down toward the sea. It also includes part of the beach and the rocky caves that border it, though not the sea itself. West of the forest is a series of cliffs; the caves are mostly clustered together in the lower areas of the first few. The central area (where most of the resources are dropped) is the ruins of an abandoned fort, located on a high, windy bluff. The fort is still partially intact, though the outer walls have been demolished and most of the rooms and towers are crumbling and nearly inaccessible. Supplies can be dropped anywhere on this map and are delivered by drones. Sponsors provide the drones themselves.

Rules:
All regular ML rules apply
I have the right to intervene anytime within the plot. Suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
If you feel that things are getting out of hand, politely ask whoever’s causing the trouble to calm down or hold off on their characters.
Don’t be mean outside the rp.
Any and all miraculous holders are welcome. There is no character limit.
Any characters who are not participating in the games can be sponsors.
Those not in the games can suggest environmental changes such as temperature, humidity, and geological changes. These will be voted on by the characters not participating.
All shipping is allowed and encouraged.
Akumatised characters are allowed, but if they’re participating in the games they must have a miraculous.

Credit and debit cards to Xenon, for the taxonomic class/phylum idea

Credit cookies to everyone who's ever done a Hunger Games simulator

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

miri

diagonally parked in a parallel universe

homo cynicus

‣ she + they + ignoramus

Hero name: Silver Rat
Civilian name: Vesper (his last name is Sellitto, but he doesn't know that)
Animal: [Norwegian] rat
Powers: Enhanced hearing, smell, touch, and durability.

Special power: Infliction: The ability to make someone of his choice feel a certain emotion for 3-10 minutes, depending how it affects them. It's really only useful for buying time. He can also use it on more than one person at a time, but it probably will be weaker and won't last as long.
Other:

• Posted at:

Ruby(Lav[ender])

all those crazy things we did

didn't think about it, just went with it

you're always there

you're everywhere

but right now, i wish you were here  

and there you are, an ocean away

do you have to live an ocean away?

Well let's see how this plays out.

Hero name: Gacela
Civilian name: Gema Reid
Animal: Thomson's Gazelle
Powers: Speed and resistance enhancement. Her senses are also enhanced, mostly her hearing and alertness level. Her special power is Sprint. Her running speed is doubled and lasts until she detransforms.
Other: Twin to Alejandro, very close. Is well trained on the physical part, isn't very good when talking.

Hero name: Antílope
Civilian name: Alejandro Reid
Animal: African Antelope
Powers: Extra speed, strength, and resistance. His senses are enhanced greatly, mostly his vision, hearing, and alertness level. His special power is Long Jump. His jumping speed and length are greatly enhanced, but he’s still touchable. It’s more useful when he wants to cross large gaps.
Other: Twin to Gema, very close. Not very strong when detransformed, rather clumsy.

Not sure if I should add Ethan and Chiaki in... I mean if one of them is a sponsor do I have the right to vote for the change in environment?

• Posted at:

|+| Bixbite |+|

Dudette || Homo Sapiens || Artist

I hope that I've become a

favorable delicacy,

that I'm good enough.  

I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea.

Can I still use Fen even though he doesn't currently have his miraculous?

Hero name: Horn
Civilian name: Fen
Animal: Pronghorn deer
Powers (including special power): increased agility, special power: Mega horn, horns grow larger and stronger.
Other:POV

Hero name: Black Sheep
Civilian name: Marion
Animal: Black sheep
Powers (including special power): Increased agility, special power: (forgot name) shoots balls of wool that trap opponents.
Other: POV

Hero name: Toxic Newt
Civilian name: Alder
Animal: Newt
Powers (including special power): Increased agility, special power: Toxic touch, paralizes an opponent at touch
Other: POV

Hero name: Kappa
Civilian name: Magnus
Animal: turtle
Powers (including special power): agility, sp power: Super shell
Other:  POV (Sorry rushed)

• Posted at:

Call me "Hawk"

I'm am not Hawk soom wood sai I'm am da Raverze! +I'm Indigo Pizza!!!+

Hero name: Cotton Dream
Civilian name: Viola Cotter
Animal: (Eastern) Cottontail Rabbit
Powers (including special power): Her normal powers simply improve her senses. CD’s special power, Cotton Bounce, allows her to jump higher and run faster for about 45 seconds.

Other: She plays the viola, although I don’t think that’s relevant to this.

• Posted at:

{Autumn Librarian}

Just call me Autumn!

Books, and Video Games

~Nerd~Bookworm~Ravenpuff/Ravenclaw~Amity~

~Currently Questioning~Hiyoko Defender~

"Change your perspective- and the reality changes."

Hero name: Blacktip
Civilian name: Sloan Dawson
Animal: White-tailed Kite 
Powers (including special power): Raptor vision, enhanced hearing, and more agile and fast. Special power is Arrow Storm: She jumps high into the air, and shoots three arrows at a time rapidly, which stuns the target if they are hit. Her decent back down to the ground is very slow.
Other: Second cousins with Ben. Very close to him, as well as others. (Like The Three Artskateers and the Storm Cave Squad).

Hero name: Metal Manta
Civilian name: Ben Teslow
Animal: Gigantic Oceanic Manta Ray
Powers (including special power): Speedier and more agile, doesn’t lose his breath easily. Special power is Paralysis Touch: The tip of his harpoon starts to glow, and the first one to touch it is temporarily paralyzed for four minutes.
Other: Second cousins with Sloan. Very close to her, as well as the rest of the Storm Cave Squad (Aster/Natas, Viola, Arrow, Sloan, and him)

Hero name: Northern Frost
Civilian name: Willow Levell
Animal: Canadian Lynx
Powers (including special power): Night vision, sensitive hearing, and stealth. Special power is Blizzard: A snowstorm hovers above Northern Frost in a 5-foot radius. No one except NF can see through it and it lasts for 3 minutes.
Other: Nope

Hero name: Dark Cobra
Civilian name: Mason Picox
Animal: Black-Necked Sppiting Cobra
Powers (including special power): Stealth, very aware of his surroundings, and quick reflexes. His special power is Venom Strike: When Dark Cobra touches someone, they get nausea for about 3 minutes. It only works on one person at a time. 
Other: Nada

(Mods, please let this through!)

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her or They/Them

>Queen of angst and water<

There's an awful lot of awful things

We could be thinking of,

But for just one day

Let's only think about love

Hero name: Sweet Bunny

Civilian name: Rebbecca Bennet
Animal: Rabbit (but I'm not telling y'all which specific breed >:D)
Powers (including special power): Enhanced leaping and agility. Her special power is Mad Dash, which basically just enhances those two factors.
Other: *confetti*

• Posted at:

Necro(mancer)

she/her/they/them pronouns

Kohaku did a nad - Mackenzie from MLDR, 2k18  

A baby chain crime has been committed

Murder? In MY hope-filled academy?

@Everyone, accepted!

@Bixbite, if one of your characters is a sponsor, you can suggest and vote on changes.

@Hawk, Fen is accepted, though a miraculous could come in handy (your choice, depends on whether you want them to be at a disadvantage or not :D)

Since almost all the miraculous holders are chordates, I’ve decided to separated them further into groups according to class instead of phylum (sorry if you don't understand)

Mammals:
Silver Rat
Gacela
Antílope
Horn
Black Sheep
Sweet Bunny
Cotton Dream
Northern Frost

Birds:
Blacktip

Reptiles:
Dark Cobra
Kappa

Amphibians:
Toxic Newt

Fish:
Meta Manta

• Posted at:

miri

homo cynicus

‣ she + they + ignoramus

oh and here's my form

Hero name: (Black) Raptor
Civilian name: Lilith Fletcher
Animal: Red-tailed hawk
Powers (including special power): enhanced eyesight, speed, and agility. Special power is Laser, which allows her to see through solid objects for one minute.
Other: poke :D

• Posted at:

miri

homo cynicus

‣ she + they + ignoramus

All right, I'mma add Chiaki in and let Ethan be a sponsor :D

Hero name: Brownie Bat
Civilian name: Chiaki Gushiken
Animal: Little Brown Bat
Powers: The strenght on her legs is enhanced. Her special power is Night Vision. It allows her to see in areas where there is little to no light, and lasts for one minute.
Other: Is besties with Gema and Alejandro. She loves to sleep and sometimes dozes off, but even then is alert which is kina contradictory.

• Posted at:

|+| Bixbite |+|

favorable delicacy,

that I'm good enough.  

What I was asking was could Fen/Horn use his miraculous since he's going to get it back eventualy.

• Posted at:

Call me "Hawk"

Hero name: Black Mamba
Civilian name: Nagina Salir
Animal: Black Mamba
Powers (including special power): Extremely fast reflexes, fast in general, can sort of tell when so,etching is wrong. Special power: Snake Bite. Whoever Black Mamba hits with her whip is paralyzed for 10 seconds.
Other: boop

Hero name: Mocker
Civilian name: Alex (casually forgets character’s last name and can’t find forms)
Animal: Mockingbird
Powers (including special power): Very good hearing, can throw voice. Special power: Soundthrow. Can perfectly mimic any sound Mocker has heard and have it sound from anywhere nearby. 
Other: boop

*doesn’t enter Cass* stay in your time-out box ms crazy

• Posted at:

<~Spring~>

PLUVIOPHILE (n) A lover of rain; someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days

#Ravenclawpride

#Noflameinthelibrary

#RememberTheLost

LightSPIDER

~*•*~

Hero name: Clever Lynx
Civilian name:Margaret Ardona
Animal:Lynx
Powers (including special power): Pounce: 5 min cooldown-jump super high then land really hard without getting hurt, tell when one is lying, fast
Other:POV

• Posted at:

▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Greatness░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊┊ ┊ ✫ ˚♡ ⋆。 ❀┊ ☪︎⋆⊹┊ . ˚✧

w̲̖͖͖̳ͤ̓͛ͣͥå̜n̹̼̩͔̬̙n̶̖̏a͖̲̼̤͇͛ͫ̾ͥ̾ ͕̹̮͉͇̭͌́̑̏ͭ̆j̩̘͚͖̥ͅo̖͎̰̐̑̚͞i̛̤̖͇͔ͧ̒̐̈n̈́?͚̗̝͙͖̖ͫͬ͒̒́̋

All accepted!

@Hawk, yes, that's fine

Mammals:
Silver Rat
Gacela
Antílope
Horn
Black Sheep
Sweet Bunny
Cotton Dream
Northern Frost
Brownie Bat
Clever Lynx

Birds:
Blacktip
Raptor
Mocker

Reptiles:
Dark Cobra
Kappa
Black Mamba

Amphibians:
Toxic Newt

Fish:
Meta Manta

• Posted at:

miri

homo cynicus

‣ she + they + ignoramus

right- starting post:

For a few months now, a large project has been in process somewhere on the western edge of the Forumsville forest. Now, a large section of land has been fenced off with an electric fence and a large crowd is gathering at the entrance to the forest. Small lights sparkle along the path, and at the end, a large set of bleachers has been set up. Posted on a large billboard is a poster with a list of names:

Come one, come all! The Natural Selection Games- January 5 through January 15

Competitors:

Silver Rat
Gacela
Antílope
Horn
Black Sheep
Sweet Bunny
Cotton Dream
Northern Frost
Brownie Bat
Clever Lynx

Blacktip
Raptor
Mocker

Dark Cobra
Kappa
Black Mamba

Toxic Newt

Meta Manta

Prize: Twenty Thousand Dollars

The heroes are already lined up in front of a small airplane, waiting for any latecomers. Some look nervous, some look excited, and some look like they might burst into flames.

• Posted at:

miri

homo cynicus

‣ she + they + ignoramus

Black Mamba tapped her foot on the ground, arms crossed, trying to look calmer than she felt. It’s no big deal. I don’t need money. It could help mom, but we’ll be fine either way. She sighed.

Mocker stood nervously, trying to clear his mind. What would I even do with twenty thousand dollars? I’m not going to win, but I may as well try. Well, why wouldn’t I try? I should calm down. It’s not going to do any good. I should think of strategies. 

• Posted at:

<~Spring~>

PLUVIOPHILE (n) A lover of rain; someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days

#Ravenclawpride

#Noflameinthelibrary

#RememberTheLost

LightSPIDER

~*•*~

Cotton Dream had a look of nervousness on her face, and glanced around in an attempt to calm herself down. Why did I decide to do this again?

• Posted at:

{Autumn Librarian}

Just call me Autumn!

Books, and Video Games

Form
Hero name: Glaucus Atlanticus
Civilian name: Atlantica Bleu
Animal: Glaucus Atlanticus
Powers (including special power): can swim fast, has a vial with a liquid called Miraculite inside that can do whatever she wants (to a limit, no acid, burns, etc) Ichor Rain: she flings half of the liquid in her vial into the air and has it rain down on the surrounding people and makes them slow down drastically for 5 minutes
Other: uhhh.... 

• Posted at:

|||ɖ օ ա ռ ք օ ʊ ʀ||| քǟռɢɛռɖɛʀ|ֆɦɛ/ɦɛʀ|քǟռֆɛӼʊǟʟ #աɨռȶɛʀաǟȶƈɦɛʀ #զɨռȶɛʀ #ȶʀɛɛɮʀօֆ #ɮօʏʄ ʀɨɛռɖֆ (°°

I'm going to kill them all! Thought Black Sheep. Later though not during the competition, I'll just wound them for now. 

How did I get into this! Toxic newt thought worriedly He anxiously began categorizing people into who was safe and who wasn't. That one would kill me, That one would kill me, That one would ignore me. "Uh." He squeaked.

Kappa was sleeping. 

On top of the plane.

Horn was running around saying good luck to them all.

• Posted at:

Call me "Hawk"

@Downpour, accepted!

Raptor schooled her face into a carefully neutral expression, impatiently waiting for the signal. She looked around at the other heroes, scouting out potential allies and enemies. A pronghorn hero rushed past, nearly taking the edge of her nose off.

• Posted at:

miri

homo cynicus

‣ she + they + ignoramus

Blacktip looked as stoic as ever. She put a hand on CD’s shoulder. “Come on. We can do this.”

Metal Manta and Northern Frost glared at each other. They were here to win.

Meanwhile, Dark Cobra was saying sarcastic remarks. “Getting shoved on a plane and into an arena? Oh, joy.”

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her or They/Them

We could be thinking of,

But for just one day

Silver Rat stood a little off to the side,  facial expression neutral, even though he was excited at the prospect of riding a plane.

• Posted at:

Ruby(Lav[ender])

all those crazy things we did

didn't think about it, just went with it

you're always there

you're everywhere

but right now, i wish you were here  

and there you are, an ocean away

do you have to live an ocean away?

Sweet Bunny was tapping her foot, glancing at everyone quickly.

• Posted at:

Necro(mancer)

CD nodded, and smiled. "Yeah, you're right."

• Posted at:

{Autumn Librarian}

Just call me Autumn!

Books, and Video Games

A random citizen of Forumsville climbs onto the plane and bangs a large gong. “All participants of the games, please board the plane in an orderly fashion. I repeat, an orderly fashion," they say, glaring pointedly at certain miraculous holders. The doors of the plane are opened and the person picks up a basket of reactor chips in little plastic bags. As the heroes pass through, a reactor chip is glued behind their ear. The person presses their thumb against the chip, cementing it in place. Each hero is given a tag gun the size of their thumb, with a hook on the end. After everyone has gotten in, the door slides shut with an ominous click.

side note- if anyone hasn’t pov'd getting into the plane after this but still wants to join, that's fine, just submit your form and pretend you’ve been there all along :D

• Posted at:

miri

homo cynicus

‣ she + they + ignoramus

Black Mamba lightly brushed her finger over the tracker. This is weird. She took a deep breath, adrenaline coursing through her. Trying to appear as calm as possible, she looked out the window, fiddling with her tag gun.

Mocker sat down, tapping his feet on the ground. Should I make an alliance with anyone? Or is it better to go alone? He looked around the plane, trying to decide.

• Posted at:

<~Spring~>

#Ravenclawpride

#Noflameinthelibrary

#RememberTheLost

LightSPIDER

~*•*~

Blacktip pulled MM and CD to her. “Alliance?”

”Definately,” MM nodded.

DC was pacing, thinking of what to do when he got into the arena. 

(@Miri is it okay if I change Willow/NF to be a sponsor?)

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her or They/Them

We could be thinking of,

But for just one day

At the sound of the 'click', Sweet Bunny straightened her back, eyes wide and alert. 

• Posted at:

Necro(mancer)

"Help" Toxic newt squeeked.

• Posted at:

Call me "Hawk"

Hero name: Vim Lynx
Civilian name: Lyra Minx
Animal: Eurasian Lynx 
Powers (including special power): She has the ability to pick up on things, such as signals and voices more easily. Her movement is also enhanced to a certain degree. Her special power is called "Second Sight" which allows Vim to see through solid objects of her choosing until her miraculous deactivates.
Other: Um... nope.

• Posted at:

~Lector~

...Sanetra ate this part of my siggy

On the plus side, you passed the course. Unfortunately, you broke my floor. Again. -Trainer

#SunnyLickedAQibli

#RememberTheLost

#TheBerriesShallRule

#NoMoreDeadFousts

@Thunderstorm, that's fine

Raptor scanned the heroes around her. Chaotic neutral for now, she told herself. Just try to win.

A voice rings out through the plane. "Heroes, please take a seat. The plane will be lifting off shortly."

• Posted at:

miri

homo cynicus

‣ she + they + ignoramus

@Lector, accepted!

(other post coming through)

• Posted at:

miri

homo cynicus

‣ she + they + ignoramus

"Why did you even get into this in first place?" Antí looked like he anted to facepalm.

Gacela laughed. "Because it would be a perfect opportunity to show off my training! You decided to follow me here, don't blame me."

Brownie was sleeping.

• Posted at:

|+| Bixbite |+|

favorable delicacy,

that I'm good enough.  

Blacktip sat down, tapping her foot on the ground.

MM sighed and sat down. Plan... what's my plan? Just wing it? Or do something else?

DC sat down, fiddling with his tag gun. Well, I'm going to lose for sure.

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her or They/Them

We could be thinking of,

But for just one day

Vim leaned against the wall of the helicopter, surveying the massive amounts of heroes. She hadn't recognized anyone in particular; it seemed as if none of her friends had joined from what she could tell. Would it be best going it alone or with someone else? A little voice inside of her whispered, just go with whatever happens. But that was something Lyra would do, not Vim Lynx. Sighing inwardly, the hero continued to search among the heroes.

• Posted at:

~Lector~

...Sanetra ate this part of my siggy

On the plus side, you passed the course. Unfortunately, you broke my floor. Again. -Trainer

#SunnyLickedAQibli

#RememberTheLost

#TheBerriesShallRule

#NoMoreDeadFousts

CD nodded. "Yup, let's be allies!" She then looked at the tag gun the heroes recieved, and then gave a small sigh. "Ranged weapons aren't really my thing," she explained.

• Posted at:

{Autumn Librarian}

Just call me Autumn!

Books, and Video Games

The speakers crackle and a flight attendant steps into the aisle. “Seatbelts on, please. The takeoff might be a little rough”

The takeoff is pretty rough indeed, but after about five minutes it evens out and the plane is gliding steadily toward the middle of the arena. With no warning, the seatbelts come undone, the seats retract, and all the heroes are suddenly hurtling toward the ground.

Raptor gritted her teeth and looked for a soft landing spot. It was a lot more difficult when she was free-falling, but she managed to grab onto a tree branch and swing herself around, effectively stopping her from landing in a splatter in the rocks below. She took the tag gun out of the pocket and tied it to the end of her axe, so she could use the weapon as usual and still tag everyone else.

• Posted at:

miri

homo cynicus

‣ she + they + ignoramus

Antílope grabbed on tight to his sister, and with her fell into a mud puddle, getting very muddy.

"Did you really have to hold like that to me?" Gacela said with a -_- face.

Brownie Bat woke up when she felt her seat dissapear. She managed to hang upside down from a branch on a tree, but her gun fell to the ground.

• Posted at:

|+| Bixbite |+|

favorable delicacy,

that I'm good enough.  

Hero Name:Chameleon

Civilian Name:Brittant Johnson

Animal:Chameleon

Powers:Camoflauge,so she can blend in with her surroundings. Her special power in Rainbow Mirage,which allows her to become completely invisible

Other:Mew

Name:Grey Squirrel

Civilian Name:Kayleigh Peterson

Animal:Grey Squirrel

Powers:She has enhanced senses(I think). Her special power is Acorn Hype,which gives her an adreneline rush.

Other:tries to think of a way to use her power other than running into the fray and getting killed

• Posted at:

Natalie

A Lover of Cats, Purple, and Harry Potter 

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?

#Hufflepride

When you're dealt the best cards in life, be humble about it. -Me

Don't judge a man until you've walked two moons in his moccasins.

A Writer

Sweet Bunny let out a shrill shriek. “I’M SORRY FOR EVERYTHING I EVER DID I’LL BECOME A BETTER PERSON I PROMISE JUST LET ME PLAN MY FUNERAL PRETTY PLEASE I HAVE RELATIVES IN BROOKLYN--”

She felt her back hit a sand dune. Groaning and clutching her tag gun, she began to stand up, albeit a bit slowly. Squinting, she took in her surroundings, able to decipher that she was clearly on the beach.

• Posted at:

Necro(mancer)

1 ,