The Outpost is settled neatly between the ocean and mountains, near the base of the Diamond Spray River (in  the Mudwing Kingdom). It is home to a battle force of Mudwing soldiers, medics, and military personnel. There are also some civilians who had taken refuge there, fleeing from the Skywings who had attacked small Mudwing villages on the border.

Descriptions of The Outpost

The Outpost is composed of a huge, stone dome; designed to protect against attack from above, as well as to be fireproof. There are a few tents outside the main entrance, where some of the refugees are staying. There are eight entrances into the building, one which is hidden, three that have fallen into disrepair and collapsed, and a main entrance, where four guards are posted, instead of the normal two. Inside, it is lit by many torches and campfires, and some window slots that are opened when not being attacked. Along the wall, there are various wooden huts and tents for soldiers.

There are five huts/tents around each campfire, and there are ten circles along the walls. Each hut/tent can hold five to ten soldiers, depending on how large the sib group is. There are two larger stone buildings opposite the main entrance, one for high command and the other an infirmary. At the center of the dome are artificial mudwallows and training spots, where the rest of the Mudwing refugees are. Around the edge of the inside of the dome, three dragon lengths above the floor, there is a wooden platform encircling the inside. There are many openings along the platform, usually blocked, that can be opened for a dragon to stick their head through and breathe fire on any attackers. There are no stairs to this platform, since dragons can fly.

The Buildings

Inside the Command Building, there is a large entrance hall, where meetings are held. Opposite the entrance to the building there are two stairwells, that both lead to a second floor, where there are five rooms, each for a single dragon. The hallway connecting them is a balcony extending over the entrance hall. Between the stairwells, on the wall, there is a banner of the flag of Passion’s Side. Which is a thing now. Other than that, the entrance hall is sparsely decorated, with only a large simple reed carpet on the floor.

There are two entrances to the Infirmary, a smaller one on the right for day-to-day occurrence, and a larger one on the left for injured dragons during battle. The larger one leads to a open space filled with beds, and medical supplies on the right wall. The smaller one leads to a reception desk and a waiting room, and a door behind it that leads to a doctor’s office. Next to the Infirmary are huts for the healers.

History of The Outpost

The Outpost was originally built a long time ago in a Mudwing-Nightwing alliance against the Skywings. However, it soon fell into disrepair later, and was only revisited during the War of Sandwing Succesion, and the resulting war after that. It had been completely abandoned after that, and General Catfish has only recently occupied the place and cleaned it up.

Current Situation

General Catfish had only recently recovered The Outpost when Skywings had attacked, eager to gain such an advantageous position against the Passion Side and the Noble Side. The Skywings were fought off, and Catfish requested that troops be sent over to protect The Outpost. Now, it seems the Sahara Side are cutting off messages and supply lines to The Outpost, in an attempt to starve them into surrender. The troops are unsettled and bored now, and feelings of dissent have begun to brew.

Instructions

Now, I’m not going to make you do anything you don’t want to do, but I would appreciate it if you would write where your character is at in the Roleplay (for example, the Infirmary). I would also like which page your character is on in the official sign-up document (only for your first post here, however. I will show you what I mean in my next post on this thread. If you have any questions, please ask! Thank you!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

M o o n f l i g h t

Is this the real lifewContact me here: /324550

Is this just fantasy                    hI mess up a lot

Caught in a landslide     yRemember the Lost

No escape from reality                     ? She/Her

In the entrance hall of the Command Building. Catfish’s form is on the first page, near the bottom.

Catfish growled, staring at the huge banner in front of her. It was tall, and long, and it depicted a stylized version of the Queen of the Rainwings; Queen Passion. That should be my mother, a Mudwing. But that didn’t matter. Not right now, anyways. What mattered right now was that she found a way to end the stir-crazy infecting her troops. Sighing, she got up from the cold reed mat taking up most of the entrance hall to the Command Building, and decided to call a meeting, where her chief medics and platoon leaders would gather, and discuss whatever needed to be discussed.

Walking outside of the building, still inside the dome, she looked around for them.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Piper and Mudslide are inside one of the huts. Their sibs are currently nowhere to be seen. 

Piper is pacing. "But how am I supposed to cure a broken leg with no splint?!" she protested. She's preparing to enter the Infirmary.

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

The trick is to not let people know how weird you are until it's too late for them to back out.

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they're open.

#silvernet

cricket's my child

help? new siggy, please?

Mudslide reaches out and grabs his sister by the shoulder, turning her around so that he can look into her eyes. "Piper," he begins in a rumbling voice that sends birds outside screaming away. "Stop. This isn't about splints, is it? We can make more splints..."

Piper stares into his brown eyes. 

Mudslide nods in affirmation. "You're still thinking about that SeaWing, aren't you?"

There's a small pause.

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

The trick is to not let people know how weird you are until it's too late for them to back out.

#silvernet

cricket's my child

help? new siggy, please?

Piper nodded.

Mudslide sighed. "Piper, you've always been sensitive. Which I guess is a good thing. But seriously, you've got to stop feeling sorry for our enemies! You should be glad he's dead."

Another small pause-but one that coils in Piper's stomach like a cold, heavy snake.

Mudslide lets go of Piper. He leaves the hut.

As soon as he leaves, Piper angrily clenches her fists. Why couldn't she be more like a brave soldier and less like a mouse? She was dragging the whole family down with her soft heart...she had nearly killed her brother.

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

#silvernet

cricket's my child

help? new siggy, please?

Ooh, very nice, Inkblot, but on which page of the official WRN sign-up thread can I find your character sheets?

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

And what are your favorite kind of pancakes? I like chocolate chip ones, but when they’re cold from the fridge. And with lots of maple syrup.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

They're on pg. 3.

And my favorite pancakes? Classic blueberry, but only if real blueberry and not the fake ones made in factories. And lathered with maple syrup. And with milk.

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

#silvernet

cricket's my child

help? new siggy, please?

Catfish, outside of the Command Building

Looking around, she noticed Mudslide leaving one of the Medical Huts behind the Infirmary.

”Mudslide!” She barked.

”Do you know where the troop leaders are?”

In the case that Mudslide is a troop leader, then she says ”Do you know where your fellow troop leaders are?”

Do you remember in the first post, where I explain that there are ten campfires, and around them five sib groups? Well, the Troop Leader is the Mudwing in charge of that campfire, and the groups of sibs stationed there. I imagine Mudslide to seem the type to be Troop Leader, but it’s up to you.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Mudslide is definitely Troop Leader.

"No, but I can look for them," offered Mudslide.

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

#silvernet

cricket's my child

help? new siggy, please?

Catfish

The Princess nodded gratefully.

”Thank you. I’ll take the right,“ she gestured past the Command Building, along the wall, “and you can take the left,” Catfish gestured again, this time beyond the Infirmary.

”Do you know where the Chief Medic is? I’ve announced a Meeting.” She explained offhandedly.

Hmm, since Piper seems to be the only Medic in this place so far, she perhaps could be the Chief Medic... or a stand-in, since the Chief Medic could be away momentarily, for some inane reason. Or, of course, I could simply create some nobody that could be controlled by anyone, a NPC Chief Medic. Whichever makes you more comfortable.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Oh, also, where are Egret and Lilypad? Just curious.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Spoonbill is sitting to the side, nursing a long talon wound on his wing. His stripes change from an anxious gray to a light purple to sharp red with pain. 

"Ow."

• Posted at:

I'm Turquoise and I'm Garbage

Darkside: Shade

Hydrus is Here too I guess 

"Tick tock, Feed the Croc"

Never speak to me or my 62 cats ever again.

pronghorn is my son now.

Okay, where is Spoonbill, and what page can I find Spoonbill’s sheet on? Not critiquing, just something I asked you to do in the “Instructions” bit on the first post on this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

And Quake, awfully sorry I forgot to ask about him.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

((Oops! Spoonbill's form is on page 3, and he's in the Infirmary)) 

• Posted at:

pronghorn is my son now.

Okay, thanks.

Autumn

Autumn bounced into the Infirmary, followed closely by her older sister, Delta.

"Spoonbill, Spoonbill!" She shouted, then stopped and stared at his wing in exaggerated horror.

"Oh no! You're hurt?! What happened?"

Delta

Watching Autumn bounce around Spoonbill, nervous and excited at the same time, Delta stepped forward and nudged her away from their injured brother.

"Now, now, Autumn, you shouldn't crowd him. Go fetch a Medic, one of them is probably behind this building, in one of the huts." She chided her younger sister, who looked suitably mollified.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

"Autum, Delta, I'm fine! It's just a scratch."

Spoonbill lifts his injured wing, and then collapses into a red and brown pile.

"Ow nevermind I'm totally not."

• Posted at:

pronghorn is my son now.

Autumn

Autumn gasped, and rushed towards him.

”Oh no! No! No! No-“ She was pushed aside by her older sister. 

“Autumn, go fetch a Medic. Now.” Delta sternly ordered her. 

“Right! On it!” She marched towards the exit, purposeful.

”And don’t die!” The hybrid called out, more serious.

”Go!” Delta ordered again, focused on Spoonbill. Okay, Autumn thought. Medic, Medic, Medic... where would I find a Medic... turning around the corner, she spotted the Medic huts. A fire was crackling softly inside one of them, and smoke rose out the top in a thin plume. Marching over, still serious, Autumn barged into the space.

”Medic!” She announced, looking at the small Mudwing standing there. Hey, someone who’s smaller than me! That never happens!

”My brother has a huge bloody scratch on his wing and he fell over. He’s in the... Enformry.” Autumn explained, pronouncing “Infirmary” egregiously wrong.

Delta

After persuading Autumn to leave the room, Delta studied Spoonbill’s wound.

”Now, I don’t know how to deal with wing-wounds... but I’m going to try.” She said, determined.

”Now, so I think you clean the wound, stitch it, then apply salve to heal it?” Delta guessed. Grabbing a pitcher of water,  she poured the clear liquid into the wound, watching it turn into pinkish red as it passed through.

”That’s a lot of blood,” Delta worried, clenching the handle of the pitcher tighter.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Oh, oops. In my upcoming post, I forgot to detail where Autumn and Delta are; I broke my own rule!

Anyways, Delta is still in the Infirmary, but Autumn leaves, and enters the hut Piper is in.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Okay, um, previous post, then.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

"Yeah... always heard IceWings had serrated claws... can attest they're pretty wicked."

Spoonbill shivered, his stripes going from pale blue to red and back to blue. He looks over the wound, not phased by it in the slightest. He's had worse happen...

"Just hope Autumn gets back with a healer. I need to get back to planning the next attack on the SeaWings."

• Posted at:

pronghorn is my son now.

Vaguely curious; how did he get the Icewing wound? The Outpost is smack dab between the Skywing and Mudwing kingdoms, near the base of the Diamond Spray River. Also, I remember hearing that the King Sahara’s Side was particularly vicious militarily. Wouldn’t it make more sense for him to plan attacks against the Skywings, especially since they’re so close? Another thing. Who holds the position as General of the Mudwing army? Also, The Outpost is currently under siege- meaning that communications and shipments are being blocked, unable to come in or out.

Sorry for all the questions!

(And yeah, they are a particularly prominent Mudwing base near the Seawing coast, so it’s definitely plausible that they would attack there. I just think the Skywing thing might make more sense)

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

((He might have got on the wrong side of a hybrid, or maybe he thought a pale SkyWing was an IceWing in the heat of battle. As strategic as Spoonbill is, he's not the smartest.))

• Posted at:

pronghorn is my son now.

Awesome! Thanks, that really clears it up! Now, about my other questions...?

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

(@Moonflight: I'm here!

Quake is training with Egret. I dunno where Lilypad is ((which means I haven't made her yet...)) If you're wondering the page, they're on 4 and 5.)

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

#silvernet

cricket's my child

help? new siggy, please?

Speaking of.

Egret and Quake were sparring on the outskirts of camp. Egret spun around to glare at Quake, who had just threw her down on the dusty ground. She hurled herself at Quake, and they rolled around, caking mud all over their scales and snarling at each other. 

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

#silvernet

cricket's my child

help? new siggy, please?

Okay, thank you so much! How do Piper and Mudslide respond to Autumn and Catfish, respectively?

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Mudslide respects Princess Catfish and thinks she would make a good queen when the time comes; Piper agrees with him, and also has a similar moral code. 

Um, where is Autumn's page?...

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

#silvernet

cricket's my child

help? new siggy, please?

Moonflight, what you should do is put a different sign-up sheet on the main sign-up thread for MudWing troop leaders. It would encourage more MudWings and bring more people to this place...

Just suggesting.

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

#silvernet

cricket's my child

help? new siggy, please?

Hohoho guess who broke her own rule again, it’s me! They are on the fifth page.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Okay, sounds pretty cool! I’ll do that in the morning.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Well, morning for me, at least. (May apply to the next or previous post of mine)

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Raven-

Raven curled herself as best she could around the top of a structure where dragons were talking of the war. She glared through an opening where she quickly removed a few silver disjs, with razor edges that cur easily through Dragon scales, in case she was discovered. She followed their conversations seeing what info she could grab from each building.This was a moment when she really wished she had front talons. Her wings were constantly slipping, chipping hard mud off the smooth surfaces. Raven desperately hoped that no one would hear her. She only killed if necessary or assigned to.

• Posted at:

~Darkness~  

"What we do in life echoes in eternity." -Maximus, Gladiator

Shapeshifter

[She/her]

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, molded by it." -Bane

| Owner of Heart of a Warrior! |

Previous post it is!

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Okay, Darkness, where is Raven, and which page is her character sheet on on the WRN sign-up thread?

Thank you!

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

She is on top of one of the buildings, I posted this late at night in my time, so there's no specifics. Raven is one the first page 19th post down

• Posted at:

~Darkness~  

"What we do in life echoes in eternity." -Maximus, Gladiator

Shapeshifter

[She/her]

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, molded by it." -Bane

| Owner of Heart of a Warrior! |

Hi, my character's Kite, she's on the fifth page.

• Posted at:

~Arrow~

-Proud Christian

-Selkie

-Over zealous Rain-Ice hybrid

-Asgardian

Forum Fam: Silverskies, Moonlight, & Onyx

"I am royally cheesed off!!!"~Me

"I am not doing get help." ~Loki

Oh, okay, Darkness. Thank you! Is she on the Command Building or the Infirmary? And I assume she got in through one of the secret entrances? The Outpost used to be a Skywing base, too, so she might have found some schematics on that.

Okay, Arrow! Thanks for letting me know!

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Silently Kite slunk outside the base, pacing. She was examining it, hoping to find a place she could sneak inside that didn't involve flying since her torn and burnt wings prevented her from ever flying.

• Posted at:

~Arrow~

-Proud Christian

-Selkie

-Over zealous Rain-Ice hybrid

-Asgardian

Forum Fam: Silverskies, Moonlight, & Onyx

"I am royally cheesed off!!!"~Me

"I am not doing get help." ~Loki

1 , , 3 , 4