It's a peaceful day in the modern sect. The sky is a brilliant blue, swathed with great masses of puffy clouds. The grass underfoot, coating the rolling hills, is a vibrant shade of green. 

Sitting in the sun-dappled shade, Mirai seems to be spaced out. Her mouth is barely moving. She's definitely talking, but to whom? There's no one else around, and she's talking rather quietly.

If you choose to approach, you can eavesdrop on her one-sided conversation.

"...hey. Hey?" 

"You can't still be asleep right? It's been several days.

"I know-- I know. We don't talk much. Still jus-- shh, let me finish."

Mirai stares forward for a heartbeat, silent. Then she continues.

"I remembered something."

"I... had an older brother. He was an assassin too; a mortal one. I didn't quite understand it at the time."

"Why? Well..."

"His name was Sieg, and he looks a whole lot like you." 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

enchanted

If you turn into a flower

You must be the most delicate ever

Even if you bloom just occasionally

You're the only perfect flower for me

Clay, his ankle in an odd brace, has been eavesdropping. After seeming to confirm what he's seeing, he goes over and sits down beside her. "Talking to Calidi?"

• Posted at:

Xenon

indefinite hiatus, standby

Seafoam watches in curiosity. "Are you talking to yourself? Ooh, can I join in?"

• Posted at:

always on the hunt for a little more time...

seafoam

she/he/they // lesbian // infp // *violin noises*

Mocking-jay takes a seat beside Mirai and listens to her one-sided conversation. Her expression looked deep in thought as she tried to fill in the empty parts of the conversation with her imagination. The goddess was also trying to remember if she'd met Mirai before. She looked up at Clay with a confused face. "Calidi?" She echoed.

• Posted at:

§Mockingjay§

[Joined June 16th 2017]  

Goddess of Fire      and Phoenix's

°Dr.Jules Devorak is mine 

°{Star|Count}{3993}

"Now I know I'm too drunk  for this."-Julian

Your a Wizard Asra ;0

"Long story, I'll let Mirai explain," Clay said. "It's not mine to tell."

• Posted at:

Xenon

MJ nodded and looked at Mirai with curious Gold eyes.

• Posted at:

§Mockingjay§

[Joined June 16th 2017]  

°{Star|Count}{3993}

Your a Wizard Asra ;0

"Go for it. Knock yourself out." Mirai responds to Seafoam. She nods at Clay, and returns to her conversation before she notices Mockingjay.

"Yes. Assuming you didn't change your appearance while you were off frolicking with puppies, you should look the same." 

"..."

"Actually, there's a body of water right over there. I'm going to shift into you; go over and check your reflection"

"I want to be sure."

True to her words, the small girl's body begins to flake off in glittery chunks. 

"Hm?" Mirai notices MJ -- finally -- and she cocks her head to the side. "And you are--?"

Her body collapses before she could finish her sentence.

• Posted at:

enchanted

Kenneth watched the scene from the branches of the tree. It wasn't the most comfortable position or place to be but he wanted to know more about this whole Mirai/Calidi thing.

• Posted at:

In a patriotic mood :D

¡¡¡¡¡GO TEAM PERU!!!!!!

--Bixbite

"Um..." She trailed off, not sure if she should answer Mirai's question or see if she okay. "Is this supposed to happen?" She asksd, looking at Clay and the others.

• Posted at:

§Mockingjay§

[Joined June 16th 2017]  

°{Star|Count}{3993}

Your a Wizard Asra ;0

"Not sure...." Clay shrugged.

• Posted at:

Xenon

The glowing particles swirl together, forming Calidi again. The assasin seems shocked. In an action of utmost grace, he flops onto the ground.

"Uhh..." He quickly gathers himself up again. "Hold on one second--"

Calidi runs over to the aforementioned water source. His head tilts slightly, as his mental conversation continues beyond the reach of normal ears. 

He soon makes his way back. Sweeping his legs to the side, he sits down in a rather... odd pose; especially awkward for someone like him, a guy. He doesn't seem to want to change his position though.

"...ohhhh-kay." Calidi seems just as confused as the others there. "I guess I can conduct some answers over. Ask away?"

• Posted at:

enchanted

Unsurprisingly, Caspian was there. “Will you go out with me, dear~?”

• Posted at:

I'm Bengal. I happen to be General Grievous Trash, the Forum Adoptive Mom, & Queen of Fictional Crushes.

~Favorite OC: Peach~

Remember The Lost

Proud Dragonkin yeet

Caspian was here~

You’re all my family.

Caspian winces, clutching the side of his head. "Mirai just had a visceral reaction to that." He manages to smile through whatever cacophony was going through his head. "Sure? I don't see why not; especially if someone like you is inviting me."

• Posted at:

enchanted

((hOLY MOONS I DIDN’T THINK HE WOULD ACCEPT-))

Caspian chuckled and grinned. “Why, thank you, dear~”

• Posted at:

I'm Bengal. I happen to be General Grievous Trash, the Forum Adoptive Mom, & Queen of Fictional Crushes.

~Favorite OC: Peach~

Remember The Lost

Proud Dragonkin yeet

Caspian was here~

You’re all my family.

Mocking-jay rolled her eyes at Caspian, but didn't say anything. She looked at Calidi Curiously. "Have I....seen you before?" She asked, eyeing him.

• Posted at:

§Mockingjay§

[Joined June 16th 2017]  

°{Star|Count}{3993}

Your a Wizard Asra ;0

Clay, his reaction slightly delayed die to shock, tackles Calidi in a hug. "You're back!"

• Posted at:

Xenon

Mocking-jay saw Clay's reaction and smiled,  Oh their so cute together. She thought, tempted to take a picture for the shipping squad.

• Posted at:

§Mockingjay§

[Joined June 16th 2017]  

°{Star|Count}{3993}

Your a Wizard Asra ;0

late but *due not die

• Posted at:

Xenon

// i mean, i see the opportunity for characterization and i go nYEH

Calidi's eyes flash with a hint of possible regret.

"Oof--!" He hadn't been expecting a hug. His reaction was also delayed due to shock -- albeit for a different reason -- but he quickly wraps his arms around Clay in return. "Yeah...yeah! I'm back."

The red-eyed assassin cranes his neck to look at Mockingjay. "Er--, I don't believe so?

// their backstory would probably allow for one of their past selves to have met Mockingjay 

// hmu if you want to make something out of that :U

• Posted at:

enchanted

"Sorry, I'm a hugger," Clay beams. He's incredibly excited -- well, more incredibly excited than usual -- to see Calidi again.

• Posted at:

Xenon

"Well, I don't think I know enough about myself to say much--" Calidi returns Clay's smile. "But I do like this a lot."

• Posted at:

enchanted

((What about the "Assemble the Thirteen" Plot where Calidi and his III marking?))

Mocking-jay eyed Calidi a little longer, trying pin down where she saw him. "I'm probably mistakng you for someone else." She said finally, dismissing the thought.

• Posted at:

§Mockingjay§

[Joined June 16th 2017]  

°{Star|Count}{3993}

Your a Wizard Asra ;0

// I can discuss more of his backstory with you later if you want to make a connection

// I'm guessing you're talking about how he's related to you, right? 

// The relations can be pretty ambiguous, like with Xenon, or directly involved like some others

"...someone else?" Calidi frowns, staring out at the grass in front of him. "That brings up the next points actually."

In preparation for his monologue, he takes a deep breath. 

"So Mirai confirmed that I do look like Sieg, except all the red parts on my outfit are dark blue on his. His eyes eyes were also blue, just like how mine are also red." 

Calidi cocks his head to the side, as if a Mirai were still talking to him. 

"Sieg had a little sister. She looked almost identical to Mirai; teal dress, same hair, and same body shape. Though... Sharlotte's eyes were real, Mirai's eyes are dark blue

// no time for color sorry

• Posted at:

enchanted

"so, does that mean...." Clay winces. "There's no right way to say this, but does that mean she based you off of her brother?"

• Posted at:

Xenon

"Uh...actually--" Calidi's looks bewildered. "To quote... 'her', she said she based me off 'herself'."

He continues to listen for a moment longer.

"It's true that she based me off Sieg. But... she says that she's Sieg."

• Posted at:

enchanted

"Wait, what?" Clay blinked. "So you're her and she's you?"

• Posted at:

Xenon

Kenneth still watched.

• Posted at:

In a patriotic mood :D

¡¡¡¡¡GO TEAM PERU!!!!!!

--Bixbite

Calidi grimaces. "I... think? Maybe? She's gathering her thoughts right now..." 

• Posted at:

enchanted

Clay tried to comprehend this. He didn't have any experience with shapeshifting, not being a shifter himself, and he didn't know what to say.

Mental note -- ask Micah about this....if he's ready to talk to me.

• Posted at:

Xenon

MJ looked like she was in a different universe while the two assassins were talking. She was thinking so hard that the spot she was staring at for twenty minutes had already burnt up.

• Posted at:

§Mockingjay§

[Joined June 16th 2017]  

°{Star|Count}{3993}

Your a Wizard Asra ;0

After a measure of silence, Calidi speaks up again. "She wants me to change back. It'll be easier if she could talk to you guys, she says." 

• Posted at:

enchanted

"Oh..." Clay bites his lip. "I...guess I'm okay with that, but whatever the both of you are comfortable with is fine."

• Posted at:

Xenon

Calidi doesn't look much happier either. As soon as Clay offers his consent, the assassin's body begins to flake off into particles -- again. "Maybe something good can come out of this mess." He mutters as he crumbles into dust.

The flecks reform much quicker than last time, and Mirai reappears, as poised as ever. She backs away from Clay and starts talking almost immediately.

"Alright. Let me start with this: I'm the result of a biological experiment. I always knew that... I just didn't know what kind." 

The young girl's cobalt eyes flicker over to the burnt patch of ground -- courtesy of Mockingjay -- before continuing.

"I don't think that scientist lady ever wanted me to remember. For all this time, I've just been living life the way I wanted to, and the memories never surfaced because I never needed them.

Well, until I made Calidi, anyway." She stops to inhale; evidently, she plans to talk quite a lot.

"After some unsuccessful attempts at attracting customers, I decided to use my shifting powers to create a 'persona' of sorts. A... stereotypical assassin form. I guess I should've suspected then; how an entire picture seemed to pop into my head, and how vivid that person looked. I think that might have been the start. That memory tore a little hole in the package, and the rest of the suppressed data came trickling out."

• Posted at:

enchanted

"So....slightly less confused," Clay pulls his knees to his chest. "So, I guess that means Calidi was a real person of sorts at one point?"

• Posted at:

Xenon

"Yes. He--" Mirai stops abruptly, her expression changing into one of annoyance. "Ok, yes, you're excited down in there, but can you quiet down? Gush about it with your boyfriend later." 

It seems that's sufficient enough to quiet Calidi down. Mirai sighs. "For a more accurate answer... sorta. Its been almost 10 years since Sieg and Sharlotte were separate people. As for Calidi, its been two years since he's gained sentience. I used to think that he became his own person because I shifted into him so much, but with my memories, I think differently now." 

"So here's how it is: whoever operated on Sieg and his little sister stuffed all the memories into the darkest corners of their brains. However, that wasn't the only thing that was suppressed. Undesired traits were stored away also. Sharlotte's personality, Sieg's kind nature, and the trauma that he got from getting cut open weas 'edited out'. 

Now, remember what I said before? About how that one memory caused a leak? Well then; where do you think it all went?"

• Posted at:

enchanted

At 'boyfriend,' Clay's ears turn bright red, but he keeps listening. "Where it all went.....it's coming back from wherever it came from.....which...is it Calidi's being?"

• Posted at:

Xenon

"Not quite. It's flowing out, not coming in, like a dam that breaks open. The water will flood out. As with all liquids, it needs to flow into something." Mirai replies. 

"That's why Calidi became sentient. Sieg's appearance was a part of those suppressed memories, so the other parts were naturally attracted to that form I suppose. As for evidence..." Mirai pulls out a knife. She pauses, staring at the blade.

"Have you ever noticed? Calidi always uses a gun to carry out jobs, or he shapeshifts into some other creature. The first day he came alive, he discarded all the knives I had on me."

• Posted at:

enchanted

"It's coming from the vault." Said Mocking-Jay finally looking up, "The vault is a part of you're brain where dark/Traumatic Memories are stored forcibly or Willingly, and can be triggered By a similar Traumatic Experience or Hypnosis." Her explanation sounded like it was being replayed to them and when she finished she waited expectantly.

• Posted at:

§Mockingjay§

[Joined June 16th 2017]  

°{Star|Count}{3993}

Your a Wizard Asra ;0

"Oh...oh no," Clay felt sick. "The operation memory came back, didn't it?"

• Posted at:

Xenon

"Probably. The experiment wasn't voluntary, so I'd imagine it wasn't very pleasant." Mirai  shrugs, tossing the knife onto the grass in front of her. "I don't remember any of it though."

She blinks at Mockingjay, as if she had forgotten that the goddess was there. "Sounds about right. I'm not too sure what the trigger was though; I was just thinking of an 'assassin-like appearance' and it began to take form."

• Posted at:

enchanted

1 ,