Some very basic benefits other sources could elaborate on:

-meat based products are not necessary for a healthy diet and may even be unhealthy in large amounts

-consuming less meat will lessen the demand for it, as in less farm animals die

-yes, fish suffer as well. For every pound of target species five pounds of unwanted bycatch is killed, and wasted (includes sharks, sea turtles, and marine mammals)

-less water would be wasted on farming

-global warming will be reduced, cattle in fact contribute more greenhouse gases than all transportation releases (or at least that’s what I heard from Cowspiracy)

I may or may not have been recently fear-mongered into realizing greenhouse gases could cause an extinction level mass catastrophe in my life time caused by cattle. I really had no good reason to continue eating meat, other than it tasted a bit nice, aside from this incentive.

And yet here I am, not a vegan. I’m hoping to ease myself into it one day, heh.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Juniper

*still trying to open the pickle jar*

*shrug* idk

I could never be vegan because I am a very "picky eater", and a lot of foods, especially vegetables, I cannot stand

just

weird textures

but meat, at least some kinds of meat, I like

I mean

I guess I'm actually kinda vegan for parts of the year?

I'm an Orthodox Christian so I do have fasting periods when I don't eat meat or dairy

but it's hard, especially since we do not have a lot of money for groceries

idk

I understand why people might become vegan

but

I don't agree with a lot of vegans, especially the ones that act like they're better that everyone else just because they don't eat meat, or the people who starve their pets by trying to force their cats or dogs to be vegan too

• Posted at:

~Séance~

your type of metal

Now days,

they've been better,

I sleep even deader,

I wake up when everyone's gone

And I wouldn't lie

I never really wanted more

Than what I ever really needed after all

Someone that hates to see me go

unfortunately i cant eat most fruits/veg 

• Posted at:

Grif

Forum Korekiyo

Chat Miu/Junko

luminary of the stars

Kaito'sHappy

Ultimate Theoretical Murderer - Angst King

Relatable duo 

Being a vegan is great for the environment but,,, I cannot live without fried chicken ;-;

• Posted at:

//  v i n e  //

it ain't no lie baby i'm bi bi bi

⟡she/they/dumaggressively validates yohiyoko apologist 

you're nobody's doorway but your own, and the only one who gets to tell how your story ends is you. 

EUGHHGHG

hate to say

but

I probably won't ever in my life become a vegan

1) In my opinion, animals such as; fish, cow, lamb, etc, were meant to be, well, killed I suppose for us to eat. But some of the ways they kill it is sickening. But nevertheless, they were pretty much made to eat and some to live, I guess. (Some fish are not meant to be eaten! Like sharks, their endangered. Especially Great Whites.]

2) I find it that, if you want to have a proper, healthy diet, you need a well-balanced diet of protein and vegetables, grains, etc. Having just vegetables is well, okay, but not exactly really healthy, of course, you need protein in your main diet, but of course, you can have it once every month I suppose.

i have no more reasons ecc-

• Posted at:

|| icicle ||

+rep angry reptile mother

on a hiatus thankfully :) so im not fully quitting, yaya!

''does burger king foot lettuce classify as a scp keter?"

"no apollyon. fool."

friendos: starry/riri, and caribou.

I'd find it interesting to be a vegan but I love steak and mini chicken tacos too much

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPPER

fish slap queentwin=topaz

im obsessed with music please help

toffee youre a walnut

FADE SQUID SISTERS

Remember Catshock

24 hour bass boosted oof 

#BabyCarrotAddiction

Opal I will not 

Kidge 

Forum Fifer

I don't really care either way so long as the people who are vegan don't go preaching to me every five second about it

I can't really go vegan myself, most fruits and veg have horrible textures that make me gag.

• Posted at:

~{}Vul{}~

Nonbinary and a Fool

Aro/Ace ~ Nonbinary (They/Them) ~ Collector of Trash Characters ~ Relatable Duo

"No one can escape time; it delivers us all to the same end."

Uhh, whoops. My post is just facts. Not a lecture.

• Posted at:

Murdoc

Boi

Iaback

livithFriend zone

#Setmurdocfree

Not eating meat won’t stop greenhouse gases. In fact, it may increase them, if less cattle are killed. If you want to stop global warming, you have to make the big companies stop. This isn’t a solution. And while meat products aren’t absolutely necessary for everyone, for some people, it is, with certain blood types, allergies, and other issues.

• Posted at:

-}Opal{

We know what the A stands for.

Im not quite sure its worth it anymore

While veganism sounds like a good idea, I could never follow it because I hate the taste of almost every source of protein other than meat. 

• Posted at:

prism

she/her . infj . ravenclaw

topaz mountain school for hybrids /238145

#rememberthelos  

even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise...

Actually, if we kill the cattle, and not eat them, we have no more methane.

• Posted at:

Murdoc

Boi

Iaback

livithFriend zone

#Setmurdocfree

As humans, we are specifically built to be omnivorous. While some ways of getting meat may not be the best that doesn't mean we just shouldn't eat meat. You can do that, but I'm going to continue having meat, eggs, and milk. 

• Posted at:

Dromeosaur

The Dinosaur Girl

Therapod Fan

Saurian Supporter

Paleobiology Professor

#Feathereddinosaurs

#Birdsaredinosaurstoo 

I could honestly never go vegan. I eat meat to much, it’s the main group of foods I normally eat since i’m Extreamly picky.

Also with the global warming stuff, I believe it’s just the climate changing in general, A long time ago Illinois was actually warm!

• Posted at:

Fossil

Dragon

L o n e r

Spaced Out

Ill stop wearing black when they make a darker color

All the people I know arent who they used to be

If I dont do anything is it my fault?

Dec 15 2015

I'm medically unable to be a vegan, I'm already too underweight and if I went vegan, I'd most likely lose weight before gaining any, making me sick. 

• Posted at:

¿v e r t i g o?

My biggest fear is that you'll eventually see me

the wai semyself

I am chaos to your thoughts, you are poison to my heart

the nightmare never ends

cross my heart and hope to die

burn my lungs and curse my eyes

If I became vegan, I'd probably get sick from a protein deficiency :T

I have a vegan science teacher! He's very nice. He says he became vegan because of history of heart problems in his family, and being vegan keeps his heart much more healthy.

• Posted at:

Call Me Rivulet

Child Of The Stars

Asteroid

ChilOThSun

Instinct

Child Of The Moon

Lilly - My Favorite OC

{❤️ OWLCITY}

#IBelieveInLove

#ISTOLEDRIPPY'SCAR

Forum Lucky Ducky

OMU = OMG

I can't be vegan. How could I live without Milk? I love it too much. 

Plus, being Vegan would make me unable to eat things like cheese, cakes, steak, milkshakes, scrambled eggs, chicken, cream cheese, STARBUCKS FRAPPECHINOS!! HOW WOULD I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING WITHOUT THOSE??!?!?!

Note: Most to all of these things contain milk. I love milk. 

In conclusion, I would starve if i were vegan, due to me finding nothing that i wanted to eat. No offense guys. 

• Posted at:

«§»-Amare-«§»

{{Pan}{INFP-T}{She/They}}

The best way to express yourself,

Instead of storing on a shelf,

Speak out loud, in the form of poem.

//Slytherin\/Nessuno è

perfetto\\

Night Owl

always check for white text.

Although like... being a vegan wouldn't affect me too much, it would just be the meat thing I'd have trouble with. I'm lactose intolerant, cheese and milk problem solved. (Except for ice cream and pizza). I hate eggs. It might work. Or not...

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPPER

fish slap queentwin=topaz

im obsessed with music please help

toffee youre a walnut

FADE SQUID SISTERS

Remember Catshock

24 hour bass boosted oof 

#BabyCarrotAddiction

Opal I will not 

Kidge 

Forum Fifer

Well, I’m not about to turn vegan (I like animal products too much) but it is very possible that the regular human could become vegan

Like, if you’re allergic to nuts, then of course you should eat meat to get your protein

But! We can get our necessary protein from nuts. I saw a lot of people saying that they need to get protein from somewhere (implying that meat is the only source of protein) and that’s a lie!

Also, humans were originally herbivores. We discovered that meat gave us more energy when we burned it, and it became easier to get energy, which freed us to do other things with our time

So it’s totally possible for us to become vegan, and not lose any nutrients we need

I’m not saying you should be vegan. I’m not saying you should be vegetarian. I’m not saying that you should be either of those things if you have allergies or some sort of inhibition (like being underweight)

I’m not saying you should be vegan or vegetarian if you just like meat!

But I am saying that you can be those things and still get plenty of nutrients

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Is this the real lifewContact me here: /324550

Is this just fantasy                    hI mess up a lot

Caught in a landslide         yTransformers fan

No escape from reality                     ? She/Her

Also, it’s expensive.

• Posted at:

-}Opal{

I think the forms hate me.

i have posted a few essays, but they never came through.

So I’m officially angry.

Some of you have false statements.

Killing cattle and eating it will only make the farmers breed more.

There is such a thing as fake meat, and I think it’s better than meat.

All I have to say is... soy milk, almond milk, plant milk. There is more than just cow milk.

I understand you are picky, but if you would like to save the environment, find vegetable you do like, and eat those. I too am picky, but I have to eat plants to live.

The body was made to be a herbivore. Then they realized that meat is also a food, and started to eat it. We were originally hunters and gatherers. If I eat a steak I will throw up, or have bad gas because my body says “Hey, we’re not used to this foreign food, good luck tonight!”

all animals feel sadness, pain, and a wide variety of emotions.

• Posted at:

Murdoc

Boi

Iaback

livithFriend zone

#Setmurdocfree

@Murdoc

And some of us have medical conditions. 

• Posted at:

¿v e r t i g o?

My biggest fear is that you'll eventually see me

the wai semyself

I am chaos to your thoughts, you are poison to my heart

the nightmare never ends

cross my heart and hope to die

burn my lungs and curse my eyes

Murdoc, I’m lactose intolerant. I think I know what milk alternatives are. That being said, what kind of food you like has nothing to do with our choices. Don’t be one of those people.

• Posted at:

-}Opal{

I know animals do have feelings, but some people just don’t do well to change and stuff so people may have a hard time switching over to vegan. We all have our opinions and we should respect one another’s opinion. We don’t want to have a flame war. 

True it may be better for animals. But if they killed the animals in a more peaceful way that be a little bit more humane. 

But we should all respect one another’s opinions. 

• Posted at:

Fossil

Dragon

L o n e r

Spaced Out

Ill stop wearing black when they make a darker color

All the people I know arent who they used to be

If I dont do anything is it my fault?

Dec 15 2015

Well. My mom and sister are both vegan and I say if you want to go that way, good for you.  Although I do hear that the agriculture industry (plant-wise) is pretty much as bad as the meat industry, in terms of exploitation and stuff, but I don’t know enough about that.

I think there’s absolutely nothing wrong with simply eating meat as humans ARE supposed to be omnivorous, but the way we treat livestock in order to get that meat is horrendous. If the meat industry went through big changes—if they stopped breeding animals in such massive numbers (after all, humans eat a lot more meat on a daily basis than we’re supposed to) and if the animals were given better living conditions, it would be acceptable. 

• Posted at:

Call me Poppy!

"I wish your nose was a herring so I could eat it."

| advanced napper

| champion procrastinator

| clothing enthusiast

#MoreMudWings

#PerilIsACampfire

#WinterTheCockroachKid

Why are some people saying the body is meant to be an herbivore? Have you not seen our teeth, which not only allow us to eat plants but tear through meat as well. It's no recent thing, we've been like this for awhile. And as stated before, we are hunter gatherers. We collected fruit, but we also hunted animals.

So don't use "humans aren't supposed to eat meat" as something to be used on the vegan side. We are built for it. We may have originally been herbivores, but that was a long time ago before we were officially humans. Unless you have a health condition meat isn't necessarily bad for people. It is not a foreign food, it is natural.

• Posted at:

Dromeosaur

The Dinosaur Girl

Therapod Fan

Saurian Supporter

Paleobiology Professor

#Feathereddinosaurs

#Birdsaredinosaurstoo 

@Dromeosaur 

I was only saying that for myself, because I have been a vegetarian for 3 years.

To be honest, it was not that long ago. Considering the earth has been around for millions of years. 

• Posted at:

Murdoc

Boi

Iaback

livithFriend zone

#Setmurdocfree

If it's just for yourself don't say the body is meant to be an herbivore. You're choosing to eat that way.

And in society standards, it wasn't recent as it happened long before we had started building big societies

• Posted at:

Dromeosaur

The Dinosaur Girl

Therapod Fan

Saurian Supporter

Paleobiology Professor

#Feathereddinosaurs

#Birdsaredinosaurstoo 

@Dromeosod

you know how most of the human race started in Asia, they did not eat meat like us now. They would mainly stick to plants and veggies, and only eat meat if they had to.

And there were were more than “Just humans” there were so many more races. some monkey species were herbivores, and they are still here today. The reason humans were able to survive, is because they used collective learning, and taught their young, end they had a versatile language. 

I would not like to further discuss this due to my liking of a lack of flame wars. I am only stating my opinion, and you are trying to crush my with your corporate lies.

• Posted at:

Murdoc

Boi

Iaback

livithFriend zone

#Setmurdocfree

Um, corporate lies? Rude, I'm only stating fact against your claim that humans are meant to be herbivores. Even if we don't eat a lot of meat the fact that we at least ate some makes us omnivores. And there are plenty of other primates that are also omnivorous.

If you don't want a flame war, stop trying to pull up things to prove that the human body is meant to be an herbivore when you ignore what proves us omnivorous. There are plenty of good reasons to be vegan, but the human body being an herbivore isn't one of them.

• Posted at:

Dromeosaur

The Dinosaur Girl

Therapod Fan

Saurian Supporter

Paleobiology Professor

#Feathereddinosaurs

#Birdsaredinosaurstoo 

But, the human body can be herbivore. It’s your choice.

Somewhere someone said a corporate lie. Maybe not you, but someone said it.

• Posted at:

Murdoc

Boi

Iaback

livithFriend zone

#Setmurdocfree

I mean, it’s your life. As long as you’re not trying to force me into your lifestyle, I couldn’t care less if you’re eating tofurkey or turducken. 

• Posted at:

Ishmael

If I wasn’t a camp counselor, a superhero I would be!

I shoot out webs

I protect my hood

Mr Stark, I don’t feel so good

I have a lot of things to say about this, but the mods probably won't let 40% of it through. So, I'll just say this:

1) While human beings are meant to be omnivores, most of us eat way too much of it. We're not meant to eat meat every single week, only small portions here and there, or a big portion (like steak) once or twice a month. 

2) The way that any animal raised for their meat is treated and grown is simply horrendous. I would rant about this subject for over half this post, but it's so bad that the mods probably won't let it through. However, if you want to know about this, I recommend The Omnivores' Dilemma by Michael Pollan (there's a kids edition too) or Chew on this: everything you don't want to know about fast food by Eric Schlosser.

3) I think that eating meat is fine, but only occasionally (see number 1), and only as long as the animal had a happy life, and was killed humanely, with the least amount of pain possible.

I don't want to start a flame war either, but I had to say that much. 

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

Quote of the Week: "No act of kindess, no matter how small, is ever wasted." ~ Aesop

Endangered Species of the Week: Potosi Pupfish, Cryprinodon alvarezi

#EmergencySeaFish

#Vertigecko

#RememberTheLost

#LlamaHistory

its not a big deal to me....its like ok lol. i hate when vegans/vegetarians try to force their carnivore pets into vegan/vegetarian diets that the pets cant survive on and i hate when they try to make me feel like i should be a vegan/vegetarian.

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

i am who i am

and that's worth fighting for

Fact: The regulated hunting of an animal keeps it from going extinct because it makes it profitable to have land the animal can live on.

I think veganism is kinda over-the-top. A lot of animals are literally there for us to eat them. Why not eat them? I understand being squeamish or just preferring greens and stuff, but veganism involves not using animal products at all. No leather or anything. I'm sorry but that just... what? If an animal dies and has all these resources that you could use (like leather which is useful for many things!) but you don't because it goes against your diet?! Wasteful as all get out, imo.

If this comes across as rude, it's not supposed to be. I speak bluntly so that my point is clear. 

• Posted at:

{~Sanetra~} 

When did we all stop thinking that the world stopped spinning in a kiss goodnight?

When did a heartbeat beating too fast stop meaning it was worth the while?

4Amigas

eurekaDarkseaBearBlackberryVertigoLectorGulfstream

A human should get protein everyday, you can get this from meat, eggs, or other things. It is suggested that we get protein from all dietary sources.

Yes eating too much meat at one time can be a problem because of too much saturated fat and possibly the way it was cooked. But not all meat has a lot of that, and despite this that doesn't mean we should limit ourselves to eating meat only a couple times a month. Meat can be eaten in healthy amounts without nearly cutting it out of our diets.

All food can be unhealthy when eaten in too large amounts or handled improperly. 

One diet isn't better than the other health wise, it just depends on your views. Some people can't handle the way animals are treated in the process of food, and others accept that animals have to be killed to put meat on our plates.

Whatever the case, you shouldn't push people to eat one way because of your views and try to say this way is better and stuff. Just accept that people are different and think differently.

• Posted at:

Dromeosaur

The Dinosaur Girl

Therapod Fan

Saurian Supporter

Paleobiology Professor

#Feathereddinosaurs

#Birdsaredinosaurstoo 

Hey y’all. Thank you for responding to my post, I’ll admit I’ve shied away a bit because it was not until after I made the post did I realize it would stir up so much controversy. Different opinions are by no means a bad thing, but I’d hate to see things grow out of proportion... it would be my responsibility after all.

Thank you though for sharing your knowledge of the topic, a lot of which I hadn’t known prior. I’m always open for learning new things, so I appreciate your participation! If it seemed like I was trying to force my opinions on anyone, I sincerely apologize. I only meant to hear your opinions in return, nothing more.

And finally, please go eat something. You deserve it. Take care of yourself.

• Posted at:

Juniper

*still trying to open the pickle jar*