Ocotillo/Datura

He backed up a bit as the Rainwing reared towards him, quickly grabbing a dart and rubbing it in a sedating poison. He angled the dart to throw, narrowing his eyes in concentration, when a powerful weight dropped on his shoulders. Stunned, Ocotillo  crumpled towards the ground.

Jasmine

She continued towards the sound of dragons fighting, and the noises of snarling and yelping rang past her attentive ears. I’m close, Jasmine realized determinedly, and spotted a Sandwing grappling with a Rainwing. Swooping silently towards the pair, she crash-landed on top of the Sandwing.

“Oof,” Jasmine said as they collided.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

M o o n f l i g h t

Is this the real lifewContact me here: /324550

Is this just fantasy                    hI mess up a lot

Caught in a landslide     yRemember the Lost

No escape from reality                     ? She/Her

Belladonna backed away quickly as some RainWing tumbled into the SandWing, unhinging her jaw once again as she tried to focus on the two dragons in front of her. Her bad leg buckled again and she stumbled. "Three moons," she hissed, regaining her footing and stepping back again.

"Who are you?!" she growled.

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

to live is heaven

Shrike

The young Skywing dragonet sniffled as he sludged slowly and painfully through the rainforest. His memory always replayed; he had a great life in the Skywing pallace, his mind was still young and innocent, divide of any wrong. And then that Queen- no, monster- betrayed his poor soul. Scarlet got her pet fire scales to come and burn him to a crisp. But, he remembers one scene, the worst one... The horrible heat scorching his shoulder. It was only by luck that he reacted fast enough, and began to run away, but he didn't get out of it without his tail also burning. If it wasn't for the fact he squeezed through that cave, he would've- he could've- been dead.

Skywing guards were sent to find him, but he had already glided to the mountains, slowly but surely. He rested there, then glided to the rainforest, far away from that horrible palace. Hopefully they gave up their search... He was only a mere, small, Skywing, yes? He was no more than that...

Shrike began to cry, collapsing his bruised and tired body on the mossed floor. Was it his fault for deserving this? Why?

• Posted at:

Passion turned to blink at Mango with watery eyes. "Hi, Mango," she mumbled, feeling her scales go hot. "Sorry- I'm making such a fuss again- about nothing."

"No, it's okay, it's not nothing," reassured Mango, sitting down next to her. "Just think about something else. Did you dream about anything weird tonight?" Just keep her distracted, and she'll be alright. Hopefully. 

"Well- this terrifying talking scavenger!" Passion grinned, forcibly pushing the other memory out of her mind. Think about something else. Block the pain...

poke Wild

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

Are you black?

Are you white? 

Aren't we all the same inside?

#silvernet

cricket's my child, don't judge

Jasmine

“My name is Jasmine,” she said unhelpfully, maneuvering to keep her balance while she was still on top of the Sandwing.

“Who’s he?” The Rainwing asked. Suddenly, she felt a piercing pain in the small of her back.

“Oh my,” she observed surprisedly, shocked.

Ocotillo/Datura

He struggled against the second Rainwing’s weight, but she was much heavier than him, and his body position wasn’t exactly advantageous either. Camel dung and newt spit, will someone get this dragon off me? But his silent plea went unanswered. Ocotillo felt a slight stabbing sensation in his shoulder, and he glanced in that direction, alarmed at seeing his dart lodged there. It must’ve gotten there when I fell! He curled his tail angrily, jabbing the dragon on top of him with his poisonous barb. If I’m lucky they’ll both be dead when I come to my senses, Ocotillo thought hopefully as  the edges of his vision began to fuzz.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Belladonna's eyes widened as Jasmine was stabbed with the poisonous tail and the SandWing drifted into sleep. She limped over, taking the RainWing off of the other dragon and guiding her to a place to lay down in her hut.

Did she even have any medicine for this? Poison was supposed to be burned out. Belladonna considered knocking Jasmine out before she got to work, but her heart was still beating fast from the encounter with the SandWing and she had to make sure he didnt get away.

"Sorry," she rasped as she spat a miniscule amount of acid on a flat stone and pressed it to the wound, wondering if the venom had already spread or if there had been any venom to begin with.

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

to live is heaven

Jasmine

“Uh, thanks,” she said nervously as the Rainwing led her into a hut. I hope I don’t die, Jasmine thought anxiously. Her injury didn’t hurt as much as she expected, but it throbbed and she knew that Sandwing barbs were deadly. 

“Sorry,” the older dragon muttered, before Jasmine felt a searing pain on her back.

“Gaagh!” She said, alarmed, jumping away.

Ocotillo/Datura

He snarled as the Rainwings left into the hut, although it was much weaker than he had intended. What’s the duration? A couple of hours, I think? It was getting harder to bring up the numbers and memories, as pieces of his consciousness slipped through his mental grasp. Ocotillo’s limbs were heavier than all the moons, and it felt like there was a mountain sitting on his shoulders. His eyelids closed and awareness slowly faded away.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Belladonna pulled the rock away, wincing in sympathy. "I had to get the poison out, but it could already be too deep in your blood." She paused. "Or not. I don't deal with poisons often." She looked back out at the SandWing, tensing. "Try and stay consious," Belladonna told Jasmine. "I don't need three sleeping dragons at my hut."

Her heart was still beating fast, and her brain hadn't quite caught on to the fact she had been attacked. She limped over to the patient she had actually been treating, checking over her bandages with shaking talons.

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

to live is heaven

Jasmine

She nodded resolutely.

“Who’s that?” She queried, trying not to move her back too much.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

"My..." Belladonna paused. "My old apprentice. But I like to call her my friend." Belladonna carefully unwrapped one of the larger bandages from the dragon's shoulder and chest, reaching for a salve and clean cloth to dress the wound. "Her name is Rooibos." She frowned after she finished replacing the bandage. "Do you want a painkiller?" she asked Jasmine, sending another glance out of the hut.

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

to live is heaven

Jasmine

“Um... yes, if it’s not too much of a hassle,” she smiled awkwardly, desperately wanting something to curb the pain but also desperately not wanting to bother the kind, limping healer.

“What happened to her?” Jasmine asked, trying to keep her mind away from her wound.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Shrike

After regaining himself, though still weeping, he limped up and foward. He needed to find something to eat... His stomach was growling and he would not get any better with nothing to fill it. The only thing he could see, which was out of reach, were rain forest fruits. Shrike was terribly tired and sore, and- fruits were gross!.. But could he really be picky?

Shrike looked at the closest fruit, which didn't seem ready to be picked, and even though it was the closest to the floor, it was still high off the ground. He whimpered just looking at it, he didn't want to eat it, it seemed so useless. Shrike jumped, his large wings beating to raise him. So close- but gravity started pulling him down.

• Posted at:

"Sorry," she said, "My mind drifts these days, on everything except medicine." As she searched for her pouch of softsaat seeds, she anwered Jasmine's other question. "I'm not quite sure what happened. She lives in Possibility now, doesn't visit often at all. She had a lot of smaller scratches when she first arrived, but the majority of the injuries were caused by a dragon. She hasn't stayed lucid enough for long enough to tell me what happened to her."

Belladonna then found the seeds.  "Texture's awful but you have to chew them," she instructed as she handed Jasmine three.

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

to live is heaven

Jasmine

She took the seeds gratefully, crunching them between her molars. After a few seconds, Jasmine looked over at Belladonna curiously, expecting instructions.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

It quickly became clear that this dragon would be hard to treat unless moved to the healer's hut, where medicines and bandages were easily accessed. This would be painful for the dragon unless he was asleep. One of the older healers instructed a fellow healer to clear a cot and picked up the tranquilizer. "Alright," he said. "Three, two."

"One." The dart easily pierced the dragon's soft underbelly. The healers picked the unconscious dragon up gently, his head lolling, and slowly shuffled towards the healer's hut. A few doctors stayed behind to clean up the mess. Thankfully, Blackberry was one of them. She rushed over to check on Passion and Mango.

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

Are you black?

Are you white? 

#silvernet

Belladonna nodded. "You can just spit the bits left in your mouth out. Doesn't matter to me." She sighed. "Do you know who that SandWing is? Or why he's here?"

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

to live is heaven

Jasmine

She smiled awkwardly, swallowing the remaining plant matter. The Rainwing could have sworn that she felt better already, but that was probably just her imagination.

"I... no. I just saw him - ow - attacking you. Did he say anything to you? What is he carrying? Oh, what's your name?" Jasmine rambled on, brain awhirl thinking of questions that needed answering.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Belladonna frowned. "I'm Belladonna. And he had some darts, but he didn't say anything to me. I can try and see what's on the darts but I would have to ingest it to be sure, and I don't want to die."

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

to live is heaven

Jasmine

She motioned agreeably.

"Well, he did have a sleeping dart that he accidentally impaled himself with. Wasn't he about to use it on you? Do you know why he might want to?"

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

poke

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

Are you black?

Are you white? 

#silvernet

Belladonna shook her head. "I have no clue. RainWings don't have anything except... venom..." she said slowly as it dawned on her. "He could have been trying to go after RainWing venom."

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

to live is heaven

Jasmine

“Yeah.” She smiled.

He also could’ve wanted your color-changing scales. I noticed that the poison on his dart took longer to take effect than our blow-darts, so those clearly aren’t the same. But really, we can’t know unless he tells us.”

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Belladonna blinked. "We could try... Tying him up until he wakes up?" she said, snout wrinkling.

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

to live is heaven

Mango sat up as Blackberry ran up to them. He shot a look at her that clearly asked, Is it okay? 

Blackberry nodded and bent down to look at Passion. "Are...are you alright?" she asked her warily, hoping she wouldn't suddenly snap.

"Yeah, I'm fine," said Passion, getting to her claws and pointedly keeping her eyes from the center of the clearing. "Let's go back to sleep." She marched away, her scales bursting into a defiant yellow. See, I'm fine. Nothing to worry about; the last incident won't happen again. 

As Passion spread her wings and circled over to the Kapok tree, Mango stepped a little closer to Blackberry. "Sorry if I forced you into that," Blackberry said, her eyes on the stars. "I was... a little distracted."

"It's fine," reassured Mango, sitting down and watching the last remaining healers drift away, with nothing there to actually clean up- the blood was already soaking into the sand. "It's not like she snapped or anything. And you had something important to do."

A pause, and then Blackberry smiled at him and spread her wings. "Thanks for helping me out, anyways."

"You're welcome," said Mango, watching her soar up into the air and back to her hammock. Not like anyone else would have been willing, anyways.

(Guys, just tell me if you want the sun to rise.)

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

Are you black?

Are you white? 

#silvernet

Jasmine

She opened her mouth, to speak, but closed it again. Staring at her talons, Jasmine spoke again.

“I guess I don’t see any other alternatives either. But what do you have to tie him up? And where would we keep him?”

@Inkblot - soon... not yet

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Blackberry reached inside her twisted hammock and fished out something- a curare plant, dried- before lifting into the air and flapping over to the healer's hut, ducking under a trailing vine to enter.

Inside, there was a small commotion as RainWings raced to fetch herbs and bandages, and soaked cloths in the rainwater collector. Uakari was arranging a damp cloth on the dragon's head when Blackberry came in, her wet talons slapping on the wooden floor as she ran over to her. "Sorry I was a bit delayed," she panted. "I needed to talk to Mango."

"I'm guessing that was about Passion?" sighed Uakari as she handed Blackberry a soaked towel.

"Well, yes."

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

Are you black?

Are you white? 

#silvernet

Belladonna gestured to the forest. "I'll go gather some vines, and we can just... leave him outside, I suppose. He won't be able to fly away." She left the hut, giving Rooibos a worried glance as she left. There were vines everywhere - this wouldnt be hard.

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

to live is heaven

(This feels more like GvE)

Twig came over. Her scales matched the cool dark sky, but as she saw what was happening her frills turned a curious color, which then in a heartbeat turned back to camoflauge. “What’s going on here?” Twig hissed. 

• Posted at:

Velociraptor 

formerly Black eye and Twig

female       

#FFT

flame, mid, iced, puddle, seaweed, fern, rusty, falcon, vine, apricot, twig, tropicalember, Prince Koi,hurricane, Shadowseeker, Clam, Rotparicolev, Nightblossom(complete credit to Andalite)

(Twig came over where?)

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

Are you black?

Are you white? 

#silvernet

Jasmine

She grinned with a sense of purpose.

“I’ll store his stuff away and make sure he doesn’t wake up until we’re done,” Jasmine replied, walking outside towards the Sandwing. He was a lot smaller than she had realized, and clearly wasn’t any older than six. He’s only a dragonet, Jasmine realized with faint surprise, feeling guilty and angry at the same time.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

"Well, is she okay?" asked Uakari impatiently, carefully bringing the conversation away from Mango.

"Yeah, she's fine," said Blackberry, grabbing a few more bandages. "Mango said she didn't have a fit this time."

"Well, that's obvious," snorted Uakari. "We didn't hear any screaming." 

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

Are you black?

Are you white? 

#silvernet

thread , did you die?

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

Are you black?

Are you white? 

#silvernet

I hope not

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Blackberry glared at her, stepping away from the table for a moment. "It's not like that," she said. 

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

Are you black?

Are you white? 

#silvernet

(i have to go rn but i will respond later today!

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

to live is heaven

@Icarus - ok!

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Belladonna returned a few minutes later with a massive bundle of vines. She descended to her hut with an unstable landing as her bad leg crumpled as it hit the ground. She hissed and dropped the vines, looking around for Jasmine. "We can tie him to a tree. All his limbs and his neck should be secure."

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

to live is heaven

poke!

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

to live is heaven

Jasmine

”Especially his tail,” she replied, grabbing the small dragon‘s shoulders and dragging him over to a nearby tree trunk. Although she wouldn’t admit it, she was relieved that Belladonna was back and she wasn’t alone with the Sandwing and his barbed tail. Jasmine had already taken his stuff and had it in a bundle in the hut.

• Posted at:

M o o n f l i g h t

Shivering in the suddenly cold rain, Passion collapsed on the platform on the tree and closed her eyes. But sleep would not come tonight. 

Flashes of gold and red...

Dull smacking of wet scales against rock...

Passion curled her tail tightly around herself and hid under her wings, her tears puddling with the rain under her. She heard wingbeats, but didn't look up.

Mango landed next to Passion softly and draped a wing over her. Lying down next to her, he wound his tail tightly around hers and clasped talons, closing his eyes. 

Passion, please stay okay...

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

Are you black?

Are you white? 

#silvernet

, 2 , , 4 , 5