Prologue

It has been 16 years since the collapse of the kingdoms of Altraea. 16 years since the world as everyone had known it was thrown into chaos.

With the sudden absence of the law and those who had enforced it came warlords, dictators, whole tribes of bandits and cities filled with nothing but backstabbers and ruthless gangs.

For seven years this continued, until the good people left in the world had had enough and banded together in an effort to create a place where they could be safe.

Finally, nine years ago, they succeeded, and the city of Dispa was born.

Like the mythical city of Troy, they survived and warded off attacks from the chaotic world outside, all while still keeping peace and order inside. But, like Troy, every great city can't last forever, and already darkness has wormed its way inside Dispa's walls. It's only a matter of time before Dispa falls to the chaos and evil that still reigns outside.

((don't worry the first chapter's coming through right after this one it's just....a little longer than expected *Glances over at the doc and laughs nervously* I didn't want the first post to just be a giant wall of text))

It's like, six pages long

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Cleaver

If you're searching for the meaning of life

you're already doing it wrong

Your life doesn't need a  meaning

It just needs a purpose

In other words, you just need something to live for

~Monokuma

It was all so real to me...

Remember the lost

Yay! I can tell this story will be great already.

• Posted at:

It's me....

-^-Longclaw-^-

She/Her/They/Them

Goddess of Gore, Coyotes, and Obsidian

Queen of Nighttime and Demonic Entities

Barry//Cisco//Caitlin//Iris//Joe//Wally//Harry

Song of the week: Emperor's New Clothes by P!ATD

Star Count: 1324

Bookmark!

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

God of magic and time. (GGaD)

Really obsessed with magic.

I am native to the WoFMB

OOF

HECK

Im a really horrible person.

"You cannot change the past, but I dare say, you might learn something from it."  - Time (a different Time)

He/Him

Chapter 1

To the Cyanea, the continent of Altraea had been only a distant memory. They had long ago hidden themselves away from the bloodthirstiness of the land and partial-land dwellers in favor of peace, which of course had been the right choice. This had happened so long ago that even the oldest citizens couldn’t recall whether what the textbooks said about the continent were true or not.

Though the occasional Tad was still a problem, the lovely Queen Chrysaora had promised that complete isolation would come soon.

Then, a few years ago, something startling happened. An injured Tad and his frightened family appeared. He told horrifying stories of chaos and complete anarchy on Altraea. He begged that the Cyanea give them shelter and Queen Chrysaora agreed.

Though this had been against their previous mission, Queen Chrysaora said that if they could find out more about what had happened from the Tad, they could find out how to avoid the damages that it would bring, or better yet, learn from the careless land dweller’s mistakes.

Though they had learned nothing of the cause, they were able to continue their peaceful lives...

Naiad wove her way through a kelp forest, ignoring the fish that darted by. The sheer size of the kelp was always terrifying, but at the same time relaxing and maybe slightly refreshing too. She could see out of the corner of her eye many other kids who’d decided to take the same route to school. This made sense, as not only was it the easiest way to get there, but the safest if you didn’t mind weaving between kelp and risk getting algae on your clothes.

Naiad had the appearance of what was called a purple striped jellyfish. Though since she was still young, she didn’t have purple stripes yet. Her cap and tentacles were pink in color, but her tentacles were a much darker shade. Her skin was a pastel green color and her eyes were blue, the same color of the toga she liked to wear.

After a few minutes of swimming Naiad arrived at the school. The school was a massive collection of buildings all connected by ropes of seaweed. Some were floating with the help of bags full of gas. The buildings that were on the ground were dome shaped and built from kelp stalks and seaweed woven together. The ones that were floating were built from the same materials but were spherical in shape.

Naiad’s classroom was one of the ones that floated. In fact it was the closest one to the surface of the ocean. There was a seaweed net stretched from one side of the sphere to the other to create a flat surface. Underneath was where all the classroom tools were stored. Several students were already hovering above a large opening in the center and taking out everyone’s notebooks to hand out. One of the nosier ones was flipping through some other people’s notebooks. They were probably trying to copy their notes.

Naiad quickly went over and searched for hers. She didn’t find it in the box they were kept in. She felt herself go cold with nervousness and panic. Where could it have gone? Had she misplaced it somewhere? Did one of the other kids have it? Was she going to have to talk to them to get it back?

“You’re Naiad, correct?” A voice said. Naiad looked up to see one of her classmates: Violet. Like her name suggested, Violet was almost entirely purple, with pastel plum skin, an indigo cap, and lavender tentacles. Her mint colored eyes and the blue spirals on her left shoulder were the only exceptions. She was wearing a loose pastel pink shirt with gray shorts. She was holding Naiad’s notebook, along with a few others. “I found this while looking for my friend’s notebooks.”

Naiad smiled and nodded. She grabbed her notebook and whispered a small thanks before swimming over to her spot. Everyone was arranged in a semicircle around where the teacher usually floated.

A few minutes after her encounter with Violet, the rest of Naiad’s class began to arrive in groups of twos and threes.

And then the teacher arrived. Naiad’s teacher, who was named Capillita, preferred to go by Mrs. C. Mrs. C. was a terrifying woman with a colorless cap and a long mane of grayish purple and vivid orange tentacles. Her tentacles were so long in fact that she prefered to keep them in elaborate braids in order to keep them from getting in the way. What would normally be oral arms for jellyfish (but were merely just frilly versions of their other tentacles for the Cyanea) were hanging down free. They did not take away from the terrifying aura the teacher emitted.

She waited for the last of the students to arrive before speaking.

“Okay class.” Mrs. C said. “Today we’ll be continuing on our lesson on the other races.” That was everyone’s cue to flip their notebooks open to the page they’d left off on and to take out their waterproof pens.

“Today we’ll be talking about the Imps.” Mrs. C continued. “They probably the second most dangerous race out of the whole continent, as they are willing to give up their very souls for the dark and evil powers of sentient objects. They never forgive or forget and are known to travel hundreds of miles just to get their revenge. Their eyes glow in the dark, similar to how our caps can glow, except their glow is fueled by contempt and rage. Most of the time though, they don’t even need the excuse of revenge to hurt others. They’re bloodthirsty and violent. According to Lithobates, the Tad who escaped from Altraea, one particular Imp was known for feeding the blood of her victims to the object she was in a deal.”

Naiad suddenly envisioned a woman with her features twisted into an ugly snarl, her eyes glowing a horrible red and her teeth needle sharp and curved like those like an Angler fish. She envisioned the woman holding up a barbed fishing net and trapping Naiad inside, the spikes digging into her flesh and sucking away her blood until she was just a shriveled corpse.

Naiad shivered and forced the image out of her head. She quickly wrote down a summary of what her teacher had said.

“They are fast, much faster than you or I, maybe even faster than the dolphins that protect this school. They are masters of stealth and even the most alert of you would never sense them coming. Some are even rumored to have claws nearly as long as their fingers.”

The image in Naiad’s head returned, even more frightening than before. She hoped never to have the misfortune of encountering an Imp.

The teacher continued on to talk about the fire breathing Drakon and the cruel, sadistic Sapiens who exploded people for fun and drove people insane when they were bored.

Finally, the shrill calls of the school dolphins signalled that school was over.

The classroom rapidly emptied of its students. One kid playfully swatted his friend’s cap and with a joking shout of “I’ll get you for that!” his quest for payback began, everyone laughing. Naiad waited until it was safe to leave without getting hit accidentally. “Hey Naiad!” A voice called behind her.

Naiad turned to see Violet swimming towards her. “I was wondering if you wanted to go whale watching with everyone? I don’t know if anyone told you, but someone spotted a blue whale on their way to school today and everyone wanted to go see if they could find it again. I bet it’ll be super fun. Even the little kids are coming.”

Naiad shook her head. “Sorry.” She whispered.

“Ah, okay then.” Violet said. “I’ll see you tomorrow!” She waved and swam off to join the rest of her classmates. The friend from before had completed his quest and had his friend in a headlock.

By the time Naiad whispered “Bye.” though, they were all gone.

Feeling slightly stupid and anxious about her encounter with Violet, Naiad decided to take a different route home than usual. Instead of going through the massive kelp forest to get to her house, Naiad decided to instead go through open ocean to get home. Open spaces always made it easier to calm down.

Except this time it didn’t. Her anxiety worsened the closer she got to home. She could feel something watching her. Something that wanted to hurt her. Her heartbeat quickened and she quickened her pace, slightly startling the nearby fish.

About two-thirds of the way home, Naiad discovered the reason for her dread.

Just as she’d been about to reassure herself that nothing was wrong and she was being an idiot for being so paranoid, two Tads suddenly darted out of some rocky crevices. One threw a net around Naiad. The other pointed a sword at her neck.

Naiad froze in fear, her eyes locking on the gleaming blade that was only inches from her throat.

“This Cyanea isn’t purple moron.” The Tad with the net grumbled. “This one is obviously pink. She also doesn’t have a little kid with her.”

“Strange.” The Tad with the sword said. “The purple one always comes by here at this time. The kid too.”

“Should we tie up this one and wait for her?” The Tad with the net suggested.

Naiad thought of all the purple tentacled kids in her class. All the little children in her school. All of those people she’d never interacted with but had silently observed from a distance. Though she was afraid of whatever fate may await her, she was more afraid of having to watch someone like Violet or one of her other classmates suffer the same fate.

Naiad took a deep breath and bit her lip. She knew what she had to do. With a shaking hand, she reached toward the sword and before her temporary fear-induced courage could falter, she slit her palm open on the blade. Blood immediately began to flow out of the wound and Naiad let out a yelp of pain. Anyone who had even heard the word shark would know that any shark within miles of this location would be coming. Even Umi (Naiad’s neighbor) who had experience with wrestling sharks, would want to get away from there fast.

The guy who’d been wielding the sword cursed and grabbed the net, pulling Naiad towards the surface of the water, but not before Naiad slipped her pen from school through one of the openings of the net. A hint to whoever might find it that Naiad had been there. That the blood that was turning the water pinkish didn’t belong to some unlucky fish.

Hands grabbed at the net Naiad was in and she was pulled onto a boat she hadn’t noticed before.

As she began to gasp for water, the fear induced courage wilted and died, leaving panic to take over. She really, really, didn’t want to die.

The hands all around began wrapping rope around her hands and ankles, Naiad found herself struggling desperately to get back to the water. She was crying. Everything was blurry.

Something hard connected with Naiad’s skull and everything went black.

• Posted at:

Cleaver

It just needs a purpose

~Monokuma

Remember the lost

poke

• Posted at:

Cleaver

It just needs a purpose

~Monokuma

Remember the lost

XD it is very long. 

Fantastic chapter! 

• Posted at:

ŞŴΔΜƤ¥

{ She/Her/Sharp Edgy Cliff }   

"We're not doing "Get Help"." " ~Loki

ʍɐıʇ, ʎon ɔɐn ɹǝɐd ʇɥıs?

Hi, welcome to Chili's

I'll be back either the 21st or 22nd!

Double Fourum Vigilante

thanks!

The whole time I was writing it I was like ha ha...this is getting pretty long...how do I end this

• Posted at:

Cleaver

It just needs a purpose

~Monokuma

Remember the lost

Oh! This is really good! It’s so good I think I’m gonna draw fanart for it! :D

• Posted at:

Niko

God of Mischief, bad luck, and luck

“Nishishishi~“– Kokichi Ouma

“Stop Talking, I will win. That’s… what heroes do.”–Bakugou Katsuki

Join my BNHA rp at /332175 :)

Thanks!

If you do make fanart I want to see it!

• Posted at:

Cleaver

It just needs a purpose

~Monokuma

Remember the lost

Do you know what Fandom is? If so I could possibly show you on the GGaD wiki on Fandom. Or you can make a Wiki for Altraea :0

• Posted at:

Niko

RIP ME

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#Scalyottersneedsomelove

You know I wouldn't walk away even if could

I swear I'm never gonna give you up

up

up

Up

Up

Up

Up

@Niko If a wiki for Altraea is ever created it'll have to be by someone else because I can barely even understand how to create a page for a wiki, let alone create an actual wiki XD

I do know the GGaD wiki though

@Fennec *cackles evilly and manaically*

• Posted at:

Cleaver

It just needs a purpose

~Monokuma

Remember the lost

I’ll post it on the GGaD Wiki then ;) //

• Posted at:

Niko

book mark.

• Posted at:

my OC

Rainwing: Parrot

Seawing: Porpoise

Icewing: Blizzard

Sandwing: Diomondback

Mudwing: Mosqito

Skywing: Blaze

Nightwing: Shadow

HIvewingHorsefly

Leafwing: Spruce

Silkwing: Swallowtail

Call me Luna alpha

poke

I'll probably be done with the next chapter either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. 

• Posted at:

Cleaver

It just needs a purpose

~Monokuma

Remember the lost

cool! this is great :D

• Posted at:

spectral/eventide

call me sweetheart and i'll tear you apart

Thanks

• Posted at:

Cleaver

It just needs a purpose

~Monokuma

Remember the lost

*holds up sign*:still dead.

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#Scalyottersneedsomelove

up

up

Up

Up

Up

Up

I could make a wiki if you want

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#Scalyottersneedsomelove

up

up

Up

Up

Up

Up

That would be great!

• Posted at:

Cleaver

It just needs a purpose

~Monokuma

Remember the lost

Ok!

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#Scalyottersneedsomelove

up

up

Up

Up

Up

Up

Made it! It's literally called Altraea wiki

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#Scalyottersneedsomelove

up

up

Up

Up

Up

Up

Thanks!

• Posted at:

Cleaver

It just needs a purpose

~Monokuma

Remember the lost

I can't find it. Is it possible for you to put a link to it on one of the other wikis?

• Posted at:

Cleaver

It just needs a purpose

~Monokuma

Remember the lost

In the Gods, Godesses and Deities comment section

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#Scalyottersneedsomelove

up

up

Up

Up

Up

Up

I mean the list of them 

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#Scalyottersneedsomelove

up

up

Up

Up

Up

Up

Ok, it needs work. I'll post a link on The GGaD list of characters page 

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#Scalyottersneedsomelove

up

up

Up

Up

Up

Up

Thanks!

• Posted at:

Cleaver

It just needs a purpose

~Monokuma

Remember the lost

Chapter 2

“Big sis! Help!” A familiar voice screamed.

Luana whirled around, bow drawn and arrow ready to pierce the threat. Instead she saw only fog. That was all she could see. Fog, fog, and more fog.

There was another scream, this one male and unfamiliar. It was quickly cut off. She needed to find her sister.

She relaxed the tension on her bow so as not to accidentally shoot herself, and ran in the direction she’d heard her sister.

“Big sis!” Luana’s sister screamed again.

“Kiki I’m coming!” Luana called desperately. She saw a humanoid shape laying on the ground and leapt over it, forcing herself not to try to figure out who it was. She could still hear her sister’s terrified sobbing. It wasn’t too late yet.

Except her next step didn’t reach the solid ground that was supposed to be there and Luana found herself falling.

Her wings felt heavy and wouldn’t move as fast as Luana needed.

Luana snapped awake, nearly falling off her mattress. She was covered in sweat as if she’d actually been running and her heart was pounding in her ears. A quick look around her though reassured her that not only was Kiki okay, but that she was no longer surrounded by fog and enemies, but instead in her new home.

She reached over to touch her bow to help calm herself down but stopped. She was in Dispa now. Civilians weren’t allowed to own weapons. Her bow had been confiscated.

Luana’s new home had only two rooms: one for the bathroom and one for everything besides the bathroom. The bathroom was barely big enough to hold a person, a sink, and a toilet. The other room was barely big enough to fit a big mattress and a chest. The floor was dirt, the walls were thin planks, and the roof was a bundle of sticks mixed with some weird stuff that kept out the rain. The walls were covered in the same thing, causing them to be blackish in color.

It wasn’t much, but it was better than her previous home (which hadn’t existed) and better than the orphanage (which they’d narrowly avoided).

Once she’d calmed down and her heartbeat had settled down, she shook her sister awake and they began their day.

They folded up their blankets and put them inside the chest, leaned the mattress against the wall, and after a brief argument on who should get to use the bathroom first, left their shabby home for breakfast.

Their neighborhood was just as shabby as their own home. The dirt road was narrow and all the houses were packed closely together. There was a curfew that everyone was forced to obey.

There were lots of rules in Dispa, as Luana had realized the second they’d first arrived there only a week ago.

“No one was allowed to own weapons” was the first rule Luana had heard and the first one she’d immediately disliked. “Once inside, no one was allowed to leave the walls of Dispa” was another.

No one was allowed to cook their own food either. Instead, they had to wait in long lines to receive it from the cooks stationed at ominous stone buildings in each neighborhood. Next to each building was a sort of square full of tables and benches for people to eat at. “It was better that way,” their neighbor had explained while taking Luana and her sister to where they’d be staying. “Anyone who got careless could set a whole neighborhood on fire. But this way it’s isolated, with only the people who aren’t careless to attend the fires.” They liked to talk to kids like they were stupid or like some kind of cute puppy. Yet another thing that bothered Luana about this place.

Nevertheless, it was safe. She didn’t have to go to sleep each night worrying about an ambush or what they might suffer the next day.

Luana was pulled out of her thoughts as she neared the line that had already started that day. There were only seven people ahead of them. She made a mental note to come this early every day.

The person in front of her was unfamiliar. She had long braided black hair that went down to her waist and the palest skin Luana had ever seen. She had slightly wilted dandelions in her hair. She was wearing the standard wool shirts and shorts that everyone wore. Her monarch wings, which were almost identical to Luana’s (besides the fact that Luana’s were emerald green in color instead of red), were folded against her back so that they would stay out of the way. Though they were all different in shape and color, all fairy wings were built to do that.

The girl seemed to be gazing off into the distance like she was lost in her thoughts.

The line moved forward. She didn’t.

Luana poked her and she jumped. She let out a loud squeak of surprise which caused a few heads to swivel in their direction.

“You’re holding up the line.” Luana notified her.

She mumbled a bunch of apologies and quickly moved forward.

“Why do you have flowers in your hair?” Kiki asked. Her pink hands were clasped behind her back and her colorful praying mantis wings twitched curiously. She didn’t like folding her wings for some strange reason.

She mumbled something about them being pretty and began fidgeting with her hair. Luana noticed that her eyes were purple.

“Are you new here? Do you have any family?” Was Kiki’s next question. At the pained look the girl made at the mention of family, Luana decided to intervene.

“Kiki stop bothering her.” Luana ordered. Kiki eyed her mutinously.

“She’s clearly uncomfortable by your questions.” Luana added before turning to look at the girl. “Sorry about my sister, she’s nosy. I’m Luana.”

“Ruby.” The girl said. “And I am new. To this neighborhood, anyway.” She didn’t elaborate and Luana noticed that she had avoided answering Kiki’s second question. Had her parents not been allowed into Dispa as Luana’s had? Or had they died?

There was now only one person ahead of them in line. From what Luana could see, it was porridge being served today. Blegh. It was practically a pile of flavorless mush.

Ruby was now the first person in line now. She grabbed her bowl of porridge and said “goodbye” before making her way over to a bench to quickly eat.

Luana and Kiki grabbed their bowls and found a table to sit. She glanced back to the line. There were probably at least twenty people people in line now.

Luana forced herself to swallow the bland mush and looked up at the clock tower at the center of town. She still had about an hour until school would start.

As she and Kiki were eating, a few Drakon kids came over and sat down at their table, deep in discussion. Luana didn’t pay attention to what they were saying.

As Luana was putting the last spoonful of porridge in her mouth, there was suddenly a loud explosion and people began screaming.

Luana leapt to her feet, instinctively reaching for her bow and an arrow from her quiver, only to remember for the second time that day that she no longer had her bow.

There was a large dome of flames and smoke rapidly pressing outward near the school. It showed no sign of stopping or slowing.

Luana’s heartbeat quickened. Every single one of her instincts were screaming for Luana to grab Kiki and run as far away as possible. One simple fact stopped her though. The flames were purple. This meant that this had probably been caused by magic. This meant that it was probably caused by a Sapien and if there was a cursed Sapien running around Dispa they were all doomed. No amount of running would save them.

Then the flames abruptly stopped as if slamming into some invisible wall. They began to go back to it’s source, slowly at first, but then gradually gaining speed until it was like it had never existed. Everything was back to the way it had been a few minutes ago. Even the birds that had taken flight in their desperation to escape were settled back down on their rooftops.

….what just happened?

• Posted at:

Cleaver

It just needs a purpose

~Monokuma

Remember the lost

Dispa=City of Rules

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#Scalyottersneedsomelove

up

up

Up

Up

Up

Up

@Fennec XD yup. That pretty much sums up Dispa.

• Posted at:

Cleaver

It just needs a purpose

~Monokuma

Remember the lost

Poke

• Posted at:

Cleaver

It just needs a purpose

~Monokuma

Remember the lost

Thank you for using my character :)

• Posted at:

my OC

Rainwing: Parrot

Seawing: Porpoise

Icewing: Blizzard

Sandwing: Diomondback

Mudwing: Mosqito

Skywing: Blaze

Nightwing: Shadow

HIvewingHorsefly

Leafwing: Spruce

Silkwing: Swallowtail

Call me Luna alpha

I like it.

• Posted at:

☾Halo

Catholic  

Luana/Lulu

I call dibs on Gally (oh and Harry Hook)! 

To the Haven for Werewolves, 54 pages and over 2,100 posts.

No weapons... Oh no an attack! So typical. They will get slaughtered if a war happens. 

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#Scalyottersneedsomelove

up

up

Up

Up

Up

Up

@Luna Alpha no problem!

@Luana Thanks!

@Fennec well the civilians might but the army has nothing to worry about cause they get to use all the weapons they confiscate. The no weapons thing is to prevent murder, fights getting out of hand, and rebellion. Also it makes it easier for the government to supply the army.

• Posted at:

Cleaver

It just needs a purpose

~Monokuma

Remember the lost

Poke

• Posted at:

Cleaver

It just needs a purpose

~Monokuma

Remember the lost

ooo this is really cool

• Posted at:

spectral/eventide

call me sweetheart and i'll tear you apart

Thanks!

• Posted at:

Cleaver

It just needs a purpose

~Monokuma

Remember the lost

I really like this!

So do races despise one another or something?

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

God of magic and time. (GGaD)

Really obsessed with magic.

I am native to the WoFMB

OOF

HECK

Im a really horrible person.

"You cannot change the past, but I dare say, you might learn something from it."  - Time (a different Time)

He/Him

1 , , 3