Prologue: One Spring Day

Secretkeeper sat on the gloomy, lava-filled Night Kingdom. She was a five-year-old dragonet, and right now, she was watching the ocean waves lap onto the shore on the Kingdom's island. It was spring, so small blades of grass were sprouting from cracks in the island's stony ground. The few trees were budding sick-looking leaves. But Secretkeeper thought it was pretty; she had never seen Pyrrhia, so she though this is what it looked like everywhere.

"What are you doing out here alone?" a slightly familiar voice asked from behind Secretkeeper. She turned her head to see a black dragonet, but he had an almost black underbelly, though it was grey. His spikes were white, and his horns where the same color as his belly. His eyes were red, and the whites of his eyes would be more accurately called yellows; as in, it was dull yellow.

"Oh, nothing much. Just watching the ocean... You seem familiar..." Secretkeeper replied, turning her whole body to face the dragonet.

"I'm Morrowseer. You're in one of my classes at the school. Who are you?" Morrowseer asked, tilting his head slightly to the right.

"Secretkeeper. But don't worry, I don't actually keep secrets. I'm an open book!" she giggled, spreading her wings to emphisize that she was an open book - honestly, she was a terrible liar. And she couldn't keep secrets at all.

Morrowseer smiled and sat down next to Secretkeeper. "You know, parents name their dragonets with what they hope that they hope that dragonet can do in the future. Perhaps you might have to keep a giant secret when you grow up."

Secretkeeper shuttered. "I hope not. I'd tell someone right away... It's just what I'd do! I'm guessing you're going to deliver some important prophecy?"

"That's why I was named! And you never know!"

"That's right. You never know," Secretkeeper rumbled, nodding. "...Do you want to be friends? I don't have any actual friends. Everyone in school already has their groups."

Morrowseer looked taken aback, but he smiled and nodded. "It's just the same with me! Sure!" Secretkeeper found herself happy at making the dragonet smile. It spread to her face, and she looked out at the ugly spring of the Night Kingdom.

"We'll make this friendship last!"

Well, there's the prologue! Please give me feedback, be as strict as you want, as long as it's constructive critisism. (Is it bad I sometimes wish bookishdragon or whatever was here so I could find out was was really wrong with my fanfics? oh well xD)

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Icarus

we are nothing if not absurd

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

bump

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

Keep going! But did you change Morrowseer's appearance? I don't recall his eyes being red.

• Posted at:

~-EMERALD-~

Open your mouth only if what you are going to say is more beautiful than the silence

The canon appearance is black eyes with regular whites, but the fandom agrees that he has red eyes with yellow whites.

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

Fairly Ok. I enjoy. Please make:

A) Secretkeeper less... Sunny/Fatespeaker/Kinkajou. She likes on a Volcanic island. Seriously.

B) Make Morrowseer fall for HER, not the other way around. Keep it near Secretkeepers perspective.

Hope I didn't sound too bossy! Thanks! I was just trying to help!

• Posted at:

Galaxy | They | 15 | Bi

-

Life itself is tragedy, and it hasn't ever excluded me

-

Firecracker - Heave- Circ- Airwave- Starchar- Forgemaste- BorealiDragonfruitRingleader

That's really good:) can't wait to read the rest I wondered if anyone else had noticed that Secretkeeper and Morrowseer were together i almost feel sorry for him not knowing he had a dragonet- almost 

• Posted at:

~Sapph~

My (main) OCS:

Symphony, Siren, DustCatcher, Aura, Storyteller, Hunter & Glaze

#SapphireNightz

May the stars watch over you as you walk under the Sapphire Night sky...

Forum Birthday; 18/7/2015

Awesome!

• Posted at:

Izzy Oh 

Riddle Starling

Yes, I am the same person with two different names, but that's the fun of alter egos.

I'm Cleverstough the NightWing.

OCs:

Mooncrusher 

Darkseer

Spottedmatter

Scorpio

Seaweed

Pseudo

Thickscales

Aquila

Duskseeker

EIJMPEIJMQ

Nice.  I think once this story reaches the end, there could be a bit of betrayal, because that what Morrow and Secret's relationship seemed to end on.  After all, all relationships are built on trust.  That could be a good theme to work with.

• Posted at:

t w e n t y o n e p i l o t s

|-/

current mood: Hey there, gang ... guess who's visiting? :)

I'll try to do that, Galaxyfoot.

Also, dragonwolf, that's exactly what I'm planning on. (this story actually will have some Blistorrow in it xD)

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

bump

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

Not to be bossy but... MMMMOOOOORRREEEE

• Posted at:

Just shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. -Les Brown

Stars can't shine without darkness*

Doubt kills more than failure ever will*

*I don't know where these are from. Found them on Google.

I plan to make the first chapter today!

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

bump

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

I like it! (Though I'd like to see more)

• Posted at:

Hello. My name is

Lynx.

Lynx Hurricane.

I'm just a person who showed up once because they're bored 

Don"t mind me

I'm working on the chapter right now. (I write at nighttime for some reason)

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

Sorry for the wait, something came up. (I just realized, I am going to cry while writing this fanfic at one point...)

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

Chapter is (finally) in mod! Give me feedback and what I should change.

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

Chapter One: Freedom from School

Secretkeeper yawned as she entered the school.  It was just another dark cave, like many other places in the Night Kingdom, but this place was to teach dragonets history, about the other tribes, and more. Morrowseer was waiting for her as usual - it had been about a year since they had first really met.

“How are you?” the black dragonet asked her as he fell into pace.

“Good, I guess…” Secretkeeper mumbled.

Morrowseer leaned in and spoke in a whisper. “Are Hopebringer and Vigilance still fighting?” Secretkeeper kept looking at her talons, but she nodded. Hopebringer and Vigilance were her parents.

“It’s getting worse. I think they’ll break up soon…” Secretkeeper replied quietly. Morrowseer hugged Secretkeeper with a wing, spreading it across her back. She blushed and intently stared at the ground. She had to admit, she certainly had developed something - it wasn’t as small as a crush, that’s for sure.

“That’s floor’s pretty interesting, huh?” Morrowseer chuckled after a moment as they stood before the classroom’s entrance. He tucked his wing in as Secretkeeper nervously laughed.

“Sorry about that… I was just thinking,” Secretkeeper answered, walking into the room. Many NightWings were already settling in on the ground, while the teacher, Quickclaws, paced in front.

“Alright, you hyper dragonets! Settle down!” Quickclaws shouted harshly. The last few dragonets sat down and the chatter stopped. “Great. Today, we are studying the SandWings of Pyrrhia…” Quickclaws droned on and on, but most everyone wasn’t listening. “...And that concludes our lesson. And now, the sixth-years will be getting out of school. That would be… Morrowseer, Secretkeeper, Mastermind, and Farsight. Congratulations.”

Wait, really? This was our last day? Thank goodness! Secretkeeper thought happily. Quickclaws dismissed them and the four were practically tripping over each other to get out. When she did, Secretkeeper spread her wings and yelled, “Freedom!” Morrowseer laughed lightly, and the two other dragonets smiled.

Morrowseer glanced at the sky. The sun wasn’t very visible, but the slight glow above the gloom surrounding the Night Kingdom showed it was a few hours passed midday. “Come on, Secretkeeper! I’ve got a surprise for you!” he shouted back after he took off into the sky.

Farsight smirked. “I wonder what kind of surprise. A confession, perhaps?” Mastermind snickered from behind Farsight.

“Sh-shut up!” Secretkeeper retorted before taking to the air. The two dragonets below kept laughing. Morrowseer’s not interested in me. He’s not the type of dragon to have a crush or anything. He’s just your friend, so don’t suspect anything.

But nothing could stop Secretkeeper from smiling as she thought about the well-muscled dragonet. If her dream came true, that Morrowseer loved her back - even if they were young - she would be happy.

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

That was beautiful!

• Posted at:

flicker

he/she/they

this place has really gone downhill

bye again lol

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

bump

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

That was completely NightWing :) (awesome) 

keep it up

• Posted at:

~Sapph~

My (main) OCS:

Symphony, Siren, DustCatcher, Aura, Storyteller, Hunter & Glaze

#SapphireNightz

May the stars watch over you as you walk under the Sapphire Night sky...

Forum Birthday; 18/7/2015

Continue or I will send Opal on you

• Posted at:

Call me Harlequin!

MORIGINA CHARACTERS

Ciabatta- A female Sand/Mudwing who loves to cook.

Noir- a dragon that I can't remember anything about.

Alizarin

LozIs da best!

like Fire Emblem

I will, but tomorrow because It's 1:14am xD

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

I can't wait for the betrayal!

• Posted at:

Izzy Oh 

Riddle Starling

Yes, I am the same person with two different names, but that's the fun of alter egos.

OCs:

Mooncrusher 

Darkseer

Spottedmatter

Scorpio

Seaweed

Pseudo

Thickscales

Aquila

Duskseeker

EIJMPEIJMQ

me neither, It's gonna be heartbreaking~

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

This is amazing :)

• Posted at:

Bluedragon

Shipper of Cleril, Ripnami, Glorybringer, Starspeaker, Winterwatcher, and Turtlejou. 

Do or do not, there is no try!

;_; so beautiful

• Posted at:

#SaveWildlife

#HUGSSPREADTHEWORD (/•u•)/

I like random, and I am not afraid to admit it. <3

I would die for you and Starflight over and over again if I had to. -Clay

Be the change you wish to see in the world. 

-Gahdi

LOL

Morrowseer:Ah, I have a meeting with Blister of the SandWings. Keep that egg safe, I want at least one pure NightWing besides all those Sand hybrids.

Secretkeeper:Okay. Wait, what?

• Posted at:

Izzy Oh 

Riddle Starling

OCs:

Mooncrusher 

Darkseer

Spottedmatter

Scorpio

Seaweed

Pseudo

Thickscales

Aquila

Duskseeker

EIJMPEIJMQ

xD Thanks everyone! I will try to update tonight!

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

*Looks at time*

Which time zone?(If you're allowed to say)

• Posted at:

Izzy Oh 

Riddle Starling

OCs:

Mooncrusher 

Darkseer

Spottedmatter

Scorpio

Seaweed

Pseudo

Thickscales

Aquila

Duskseeker

EIJMPEIJMQ

EST. I'll start writing probably around 10:00pm and finish around 10:30...

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

bump

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

Sorry for the wait! Had a bit of writer's block and drew for a bit. Chapter in mod.

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

Chapter Two: Stillwater Cavern

“Hurry up, Secretkeeper! I’ll leave you behind!” Morrowseer called as he looked over his shoulder. Morrowseer was larger than Secretkeeper, thus having bigger wings and being faster than her. They had been flying for a while now, and Morrowseer had said that he had forgotten where it was. It was nighttime by the time they found it.

“It’s not my fault! Stop growing so fast!” Secretkeeper huffed as she flapped her wings harder. Morrowseer dove downward and Secretkeeper followed him. She was just behind the dragonet as they landed. “Alright, what’s this surprise?” she demanded.

Morrowseer grinned. “Follow me.” He ran behind a boulder, and Secretkeeper followed him. Behind the boulder was a small cave, and she cautiously slipped inside. After a moment of crawling, the tunnel opened up into a fairly large cavern. Morrowseer was sitting, watching Secretkeeper.

“What is this?” Secretkeeper asked, settling down next to the larger dragonet.

“I call it the Stillwater Cavern,” Morrowseer replied, glancing at his talons. He pointed with a talon at the pond a few feet away. “Look. I figured out when the gloom above the island would clear up a lot, and it should happen in a few moments…” He trailed off, staring intently at a gaping hole on top of the cavern. A few silvery, flickering dots appeared, and one full moon. The light went throught the hole in the roof of the cave, reflecting off the water.

Stars, Secretkeeper thought, I’m a NightWing, named after the nighttime, and I’ve never seen the stars. Or the moons. What kind of life am I living on this island? In the rest of Pyrrhia, can they see the stars and moons? “It’s… beautiful…” Secretkeeper whispered. Just like you. The words were on the tip of her tongue, but she couldn’t say them.

“Yeah,” Morrowseer chuckled, “The first time I found it, a few stars and two moons came out. I was afraid I’d never get to show it to you, so I started to calculate when it would happen again.”

“Th-Thanks,” Secretkeeper stuttered. “It’s r-really nice… I don’t think I-I’ve ever seen stars before. Or any moons.”

Morrowseer looked at his talons. “It… reminded me of you…” he said quietly, and it was barely audible. Secretkeeper knew he didn’t mean for her to hear it, so she brushed it off.

We’re friends. Of course he’d compliment me, it’s what friends do! the female dragonet insisted to herself, even though most of her mind squealed with delight. “Stillwater Cavern, huh? We should make this our meeting place! Like a club! Maybe Farsight and Mastermind will come! And the fifth-years… maybe Preyhunter?”

Morrowseer smiled. “Sure. Why not? But it’s getting late… We should head home.”

“Alright,” Secretkeeper said, nodding, “See you tomorrow.” The two scrambled out of the cavern, and Morrowseer spread his wings and took off.

“Let’s get the others tomorrow, okay?” he called back. Secretkeeper nodded, and Morrowseer glided away.

Secretkeeper lightly smiled. “Someday, Morrowseer. Someday I’ll tell you how much you mean to me… And then we’ll live happily ever after.”

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

You're so good at this!

• Posted at:

Izzy Oh 

Riddle Starling

OCs:

Mooncrusher 

Darkseer

Spottedmatter

Scorpio

Seaweed

Pseudo

Thickscales

Aquila

Duskseeker

EIJMPEIJMQ

bump

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

Eeeeeee! More!

• Posted at:

you got no jams

Thanks! I'll try to update earlier today!

• Posted at:

Icarus

/previously known as:

Cobalt

Pen

Nightblaze

bump!

• Posted at:

Icarus