Chapter One

Hawkflight licked Flowerpaw's ear caringly, while Frostpaw sat a little way apart. She never licked my ears like that. She never loved me. Frostpaw knew she shouldn't be thinking this- Flowerpaw was always the weaker of the two sisters. Flowerpaw had a disease. When she was under a lot of stress, she fell to the ground and started twitching and convulsing. Frostpaw knew her sister hated her disorder, but Flowerpaw got all the attention from everyone. Everywhere she went, it was "How's Flowerpaw?" or "Isn't Flowerpaw so pretty?" or "Can you tell Flowerpaw that I think she's really cute?" and things like that. Frostpaw hated it. She wanted some attention for once. But everything she did, she did wrong. Everything she did, Flowerpaw was better at it. Sometimes she just wanted to sink her teeth into her sister's shoulder and tell her she didn't deserve all the glory. But despite all her feelings, Frostpaw really did love Flowerpaw. 

"Are you ready for Flowerpaw's apprentice ceremony, Frostpaw?" Rainclaw meowed to her.

"I guess," she sighed. "It's mine too, you know."

"Oh, right."

"Are you excited?" Raincloud mewed. The brown tabby was always so nice to her. Frostpaw thought Raincloud was the only one who really cared about her.

"Yeah." Frostpaw smiled- the first time in days.

"You know, it's not all about your sister," she whispered.

"It sure seems that way." The smile slipped right off of Frostpaw's muzzle.

"Let all cats join beneath the Sharpstone for a Clan meeting!" Shimmerstar called. Halfclaw, the deputy, stood by the foot of the Sharpstone, looking serious and confident. Ivyleaf and Twistpaw padded out of the medicine den. " I, Shimmerstar, leader of RainClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these apprentices. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as warriors in their turn. Frostpaw and Flowerpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?
  "I do," mewed Frostpaw seriously.

"I do!" Flowerpaw squealed. Shimmerstar smiled at Flowerpaw. Frostpaw glared.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Flowerpaw, from this moment you will be known as Flowershine. StarClan honors your kindness and enthusiasm, and we welcome you as a full warrior of RainClan. Frostpaw, from this moment you will be known as Frostwhisker. StarClan honors your seriousness and bravery, and we welcome you as a full warrior of RainClan."

"Flowershine!" the Clan screamed. "Frostwhisker," they chanted, significantly quieter. Tears brimmed in Frostwhisker's eyes, and she jumped down from the rock before Shimmerstar rested her muzzle on her head. 

"Frostpaw..." Flowershine began.

"No! Stop it, Flowershine!" Frostwhisker yowled, nearly crying. Why does she have to be so special?!  "And that's Frostwhisker to you!" With an angry lash of her tail, Frostwhisker stormed out of camp, onto the open moorland.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Daily Song Quote"i've done all i can think of, chased down all my demons" -pink

Great start! Can't wait for the next chapter!

• Posted at:

Basilisk

Ancient Queen of Snakes

Sovrano, Discord, Basil, Armonia, Beam

#RememberAngel

#Duality

#GvE

#Creativity

Beluga

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Cool!

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~ 

Christian

i can finally say i believe.

est. jan 2016

Who are we to wonder where we're going?  

Who am I to tell me who I am?

Let's take it back, and take in every moment

Who am I, to tell me who I am?

Zis eez amazing

More

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~

Christian

jan. 2016—march 2019

star count: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

who has the time to hesitate?

LOVE IT!!!!!!! 

• Posted at:

Øł  

Dragons  

Night Forest

Howling ghosts they reappear, In mountains that are stacked with fear

Through pain, through fear, through darkness and death, I will always stay with you

Chapter Two

Frostwhisker sat on top of a hill, far from the RainClan camp, her fur ruffled by the wind. Dewdrops wet her paws. Her bushy, foxlike tail lay stretched out behind her. Down at the bottom of the hill was a river. It flowed underground, beginning at the lake. RainClan's cats drank from there. 

Frostwhisker stared out over the lake at the dark trees and ominous-looking animals of NightClan. The two Clans had been at peace for many moons, but Frostwhisker wished there would be a battle, so she could prove herself and show what a weakling her sister was. Stop thinking that about Flowershine! She hasn't done anything wrong! Frostwhisker heard faint yowling behind her, and looked back to see Hawkflight and Stoneridge crouching over a twitching, convulsing Flowershine on top of the hill behind her. They had raced far.

The gray tom looked up, but Frostwhisker wasn't there. She dashed down the hill, and to the edge of the lake. She heard a rustling of grass, and took a step back, but there was no ground. She crashed backwards into freezing water. I've fallen in the river! She paddled, head popping up above the water from time to time, but her flailing paws were no match for the fierce current. She was swept backwards, and was flipped around, facing the sharp rocks and the drop underground. 

"Help me!" she yowled frantically, but she knew no cat could reach her in time. 

Suddenly, a large stick fell in front of her. She reached out and sank her claws in, holding on for her life. She was dragged onto dry land, and coughed up water repeatedly before lying exhausted on the riverbank. Looking up with ashamed blue eyes, she stared into the eyes of another she-cat. It was a black she-cat with one white ear and one white paw- her right forepaw. Her long, sleek tail switched back and forth casually. Her pelt was sleek and glossy, and there was a friendly sparkle in her green eyes.

"Who are you?" Frostwhisker asked.

"Who am I? First, I must ask who you are."

"Do you know Flowerpaw?" she asked, ears pricking.

"No. I've seen many of your 'Clan' cats, but never you before," the strange she-cat murmured.

"That's because they think I'm useless," Frostwhisker muttered, "but my name is Frostwhisker. My all-special sister, who's coming after me now with my mother and Stoneridge, is Flowershine."

"I'm sure you're very talented too. Sometimes, the most talented cats have a hard beginning, but soon, in their own ways, they step out of someone else's shadow and shine bright. Oh, by the way, my name is Raven."

"I like your name." She stood up, stepped back, and shook out her pelt, spraying water everywhere.

"Thank you, I like yours. Would you like to come live with me?" Raven asked.

"Yes, please!" Frostwhisker mewed, brightening up instantly. Raven smiled, beckoned with her tail, and dashed away across the moor, Frostwhisker following, happier than she'd been in moons.

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Beluga

(How do you guys like the characters so far? And Flowershine has seizures, btw)

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

There awesome I like Frostwhisker alot:3

• Posted at:

Øł  

Dragons  

Night Forest

Howling ghosts they reappear, In mountains that are stacked with fear

Through pain, through fear, through darkness and death, I will always stay with you

Keep it up!

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~

Christian

jan. 2016—march 2019

great job on starting it i can't wait for the next chapters if u are doing some

• Posted at:

my name is violet , I like to sing country music , I like dogs and cats

I have a canadian french background , grade 8 sucks

sludgy beluga

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Beluga?

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Great job!

• Posted at:

Books rock!

Warriors! Ivyheart

Wings of fire! Clay!

Foxcraft! Foxes rule!

Girl Power rocks!

Keep reading! Call me Lapis!

My Ocs:

Sweetfern

Chameleon

Sekka

Pearlstar

Redstone

Fastfish

Leap of Fast fish

Uh...good beluga?

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~

Christian

jan. 2016—march 2019

Chapter Three

Flowershine lay on a grassy hill, shuddering, gasping for air. Her body twitched, convulsed, and did horrific things that it wasn't supposed to do. Hawkflight and Stoneridge crouched over her, shaking her and yowling her name. She squeezed her eyes shut, pain coursing through her body. Suddenly, her body ceased its spasms. She lay there, pelt damp with sweat, breathing heavily. She felt fragile, like after every contortion. 

"Are you all right?" her mother asked her.

"Sure. Where's Frostwhisker?" Flowershine asked.

"I don't know, but that doesn't matter now. We need to get you back to camp," Stoneridge meowed, helping her to her paws.

"It does matter! She's my sister! The Clan can't lose such a valuable warrior!"

"The Clan can afford to lose Frostwhisker. What they can't afford to lose is you," Hawkflight mewed warmly.

"But she's able-bodied! She's a great hunter! She could be the best cat in the Clan if you ever paid any attention to her!" Flowershine yowled.

"She doesn't matter. She'll be fine. What matters is your well-being."

"She- fine. But you need to send out a search party for her."

"We'll do that," said Stoneridge, with no intention of doing it at all. They really don't care about Frostwhisker! I don't deserve this! She's worked so hard to get a glimmer of attention, and gotten no reward from any cat except Raincloud!

Later, the three cats padded back into camp, Hawkflight and Stoneridge supporting Flowershine on both sides.

"What happened?" Halfclaw meowed quickly, limping over to them.

"Flowershine had a spasm, so we took her back to camp. Her well-being is more important than Frostwhisker's," Hawkflight reported.

"Why? One of you could have stayed to look for her, but instead, you're just thinking about a cat who's perfectly safe. Raincloud, Eaglefeather, Dovetail, go find Frostwhisker and bring her back," Halfclaw ordered the three cats. They nodded and padded out of camp, Raincloud urging Dovetail and Eaglefeather to run.

I saw Frostwhisker running away with a black cat. I wonder who he or she was, and why Frostwhisker did that? Flowershine wondered as the patrol padded away.

"Ivyleaf? Twistpaw? Have you found a cure for Flowershine yet?" Hawkflight asked, hovering outside the medicine den anxiously.

"No, Hawkflight. We'll tell you when we do," Ivyleaf said patiently, beckoning with her tail. Hawkflight disappeared inside. 

Flowershine padded to the entrance and crouched there. 

"To be honest, Hawkflight, I know you won't want to hear this, but... I don't think there is a cure."

"No cure?! There must be! Try harder!" Hawkflight snapped. "I don't want my only decent kit to die!" She really does hate Frostwhisker! Why? Did she do something wrong?

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

beluga

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

beluga

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Yeah... Chapter Three wasn't so dramatic. Flowershine is really hard to write for. Jeez.

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Beluga

seriously, half of the posts on here are bumps from me.

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

This is a great story Nightmare! Only one thing I don't like....*glares at hawkflight*

• Posted at:

Moonstone

LGBTQ+

PROUD TO BE  ME  

She/he/xie/they/xe/ze

So deep breath in

You're meant for this

Everyone wants to know

If you're the answer they've been searching for.

Beth Crowley "Don't think just run"

Whoa. This is good. But WHY IS HAWKFLIGHT HEARTLESS!

• Posted at:

eventide/spectral

she/heand they/them

and we're powered by every tear that's dried

She's not. There's a reason she hates Frostwhisker. 

She's starting to remind me of Millie.

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Chapter Four

"Flowershine! Want to come hunting with me?" Redfall asked, jolting Flowershine out of her small trance, and bringing her away from the medicine den- she never heard what else Hawkflight and Ivyleaf had to say. 

"Maybe she should rest," Moonheart meowed gently. "After all, she did just-"

"I know, have a spasm," Flowershine mewed, patience wearing thin. "Do you know of any... rogues on the territory?" she asked Moonheart, who was on border patrols more than any other cat, it seemed.

"No," she replied, looking confused. "Why?"

"Oh... nothing," she covered quickly. It might mean Frostwhisker's safety if I say anything about that black cat she was with. "Just curious. You know, nothing exciting happening, and Emberstar said that MountainClan just chased away some rogues."

"Oh. Okay," she mewed, and Flowershine could tell that she was far from convinced. She turned and padded away.

"Well, maybe some other time," Redfall mewed. "Want to share?" he asked, pushing a fat rabbit forward.

"Sure." Flowershine smiled, and saw Moonheart wink at her over her shoulder.

As she took a bite of the still-warm rabbit, she saw Hawkflight fuming as she stomped out of the medicine den, Ivyleaf beside her, looking like she was trying to talk sense into the former queen. What has gotten into her? I always knew she liked me more, but I never knew she hated her other kit!

"-doesn't belong here..." Flowershine heard as the two she-cats padded by. What?! Frostwhisker belongs here as much as any cat! 

"Hey! Flowershine! You okay?" Redfall asked, and Flowershine realized that she'd been staring. 

"Oh, yeah. Sorry," she mewed, pelt burning. Redfall smiled and brushed his muzzle against hers.

"I heard that Raincloud's expecting Eaglefeather's kits," he whispered.

"Really? That's great news!" Flowershine meowed, glad to have something happy going on.

"Soon, we'll have more kits running between our paws," he groaned good-naturedly.

"You'll love them!" She flicked him playfully with her tail. "And Snowkit and Splashkit will be apprentices soon." Flowershine thought of the energetic light gray she-kit and small blue-gray tom, Whitefoot's kits.

"Splashkit seems weak. Do you think they'll hold him back from being apprenticed?" Redfall asked.

"That's true, but I don't think so. Maybe you'll be a mentor!" she exclaimed.

"Maybe so. I'd like to mentor Snowkit, if that happens."

"She's a bundle of energy. And... do you know what's gotten into Hawkflight?" Flowershine mewed, glancing at her mother.

"No. What are you talking about? She's always been strict," the red tom meowed, cocking his head, puzzled.

"No, I mean... she really hates Frostwhisker." Suddenly Redfall looked uncomfortable. He glanced left and right.

"Um, I don't know. I'm going to ask Halfclaw if I can go hunting," he mewed quickly, standing up and padding away. 

What's gotten into my Clanmates lately?

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

MORE.. and she is like Millie!

• Posted at:

eventide/spectral

she/heand they/them

and we're powered by every tear that's dried

Beluga

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Beluga

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

bump

• Posted at:

Moonstone

LGBTQ+

PROUD TO BE  ME  

She/he/xie/they/xe/ze

So deep breath in

You're meant for this

Everyone wants to know

beluga

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

beluga

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Theres a lot of belugas here

• Posted at:

Moonstone

LGBTQ+

PROUD TO BE  ME  

She/he/xie/they/xe/ze

So deep breath in

You're meant for this

Everyone wants to know

Yep.

beluga

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Chapter Five

"In here." Raven pushed through a curtain of leaves covering a tunnel that opened into a large hollow made of packed dirt and stones, with five nests of wool, feathers, and moss.

"Wow," Frostwhisker mewed. There's been a rogue camp on our territory this whole time?! 

"Yeah. MountainClan chased us away, so we moved here and fixed it up a bit."

"How long have you been here?"

"Oh, maybe ten moons or so. Not that long." The black she-cat shrugged.

"And... us?" Frostwhisker mewed.

"Oh, yeah. Red Clay, Rain, come on." A black tom with huge red-brown paws and a small silver she-cat slunk out of a hidden tunnel in the shadows. "Meet Frostwhisker. A potential new addition."

"Hi," Rain mewed quietly. She was younger than both Raven and Red Clay. Raven and Red Clay were about Frostwhisker's age, while Rain, if she had been in a Clan, would have been about halfway through her apprenticeship. 

"Nice to meet you," Red Clay meowed with a smile, walking up to her and touching noses. Frostwhisker's whiskers tingled at the tom's touch. No one's ever touched me like that before. 

"You too," Frostwhisker almost stammered. Suddenly, a pattering of paws sounded in the distance, getting louder by the second. "Search party for me," she whispered. 

"No one talk," Raven instructed, crouching low to the floor. Rain, Red Clay, and Frostwhisker did the same. Paws thumped above their heads, and a few bits of dirt fell off the ceiling and on the floor, but then the pawsteps faded as the patrol got farther away. I think I heard Raincloud's voice with them... I hope she's all right. Raven cautiously stood up again and stretched. Rain and Red Clay did the same. Red Clay nudged Frostwhisker out of her thoughts.

"Do patrols come by here often?" Frostwhisker asked the rogues.

"You should know," Rain laughed.

"No, not really," Raven said.

"What was that about?" Red Clay asked, looking a bit worried. If I have to go, I'll miss being cared about by him. 

"Well, I kind of ran away without becoming a proper warrior. Then I fell in the river, and Raven saw me and saved me. I didn't want to go home, so she brought me here. Thanks, Raven."

"No problem," the black she-cat mewed with laughter in her voice. "Want some food?"

"Um, okay," Frostwhisker said. Raven beckoned with her tail down the tunnel where Red Clay and Rain had come from. There was a small prey pile of two rabbits, a fish, and a mouse. 

"Want to share a rabbit?" Red Clay asked eagerly. He had followed them.
  "Red Clay, you just ate!" Raven sighed, stifling a laugh.

"I know, but I'm hungry again!" the big tom complained.

"No more food for you until you go hunting and bring something back," she ordered. "Frostwhisker, eat up."

Frostwhisker took the fish off the pile and ate it not-so-delicately, just ripping off chunks and eating them- she hadn't eaten since the night before, and she'd only had a mouse.

"That's pleasant-looking," Red Clay remarked with a laugh. She glared at him playfully.

"So, tell us about your group," Raven said when she was done. Red Clay sat beside her, and Rain sat in a corner, a little way off.

"Well, it's called RainClan. You may have heard the name already." Raven nodded. "Our leader is named Shimmerstar, and the deputy is Halfclaw. Halfclaw is young, fair, just and wise, and he'll be a great leader one day. He only has half of his front right paw. Then there's a soon-to-be queen, Raincloud, who's really nice to me. My mother's name is Hawkflight, and I never met my father. She said he died in a battle with TunnelClan. She's kind of mean to me, but I think she has a good heart. All the cats kind of ignore me, except Raincloud, Halfclaw, my sister, and the medicine cats, Ivyleaf and Twistpaw. Shimmerstar made Flowershine and I warriors today."

"Interesting." Raven nodded slowly, pondering this information.

"And we have a fresh-kill pile, always high with lots of prey." She looked over at Red Clay, whose stomach rumbled as he thought wistfully of food. Rain shook her head with a small smile.

"Maybe I'll join your Clan one day," Red Clay meowed wistfully.

"Red Clay! Don't say that!" Raven snapped sharply, then relaxed. "Sorry. I know you were joking."

"Well... maybe I could join your group?" Frostwhisker asked cautiously.

"Of course! We'd always welcome a new member!" Raven exclaimed, and Red Clay beamed with happiness.

I wonder why it seems forbidden to join a Clan? Frostwhisker wondered.

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

OMG I LOVE THIS!!!

New Ship: Frost Clay!

• Posted at:

necro(mancer).

creator of CoI, the PJO FWRP (/355313)

the heart wants what it wants

and what it wants

is to burst out of your chest and terrorize people. it's an alien, remember?

beluga!

:D

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

YAY! NEW SHIP!!

Frostclay

• Posted at:

Moonstone

LGBTQ+

PROUD TO BE  ME  

She/he/xie/they/xe/ze

So deep breath in

You're meant for this

Everyone wants to know

Beluga-Bump-Bump-Beluga

I ship FrostFall! Why must Frostwhisker leave him!? #Long-DistanceRelationships

• Posted at:

{(-)} EMERALD-||-HAWKEYES {(-)}

Hai, this is Hawkeyes, but I am on my alternate account!

Warrior Cat

Fanwing

Kitsune

Nerdy Nightwing

Lots of OCs

TidepoolScorpionKiwiScorchFutureseerScrollreaderBlizzardBromeliad And more!

XDDD

You guys are awesome

(if you can't tell, Red Clay is based off Clay, just a little more romantic and more serious in desperate times)

Does anyone ship Flowerfall?

(Flowershine x Redfall)

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

flowerfall and frostclay!!

• Posted at:

Moonstone

LGBTQ+

PROUD TO BE  ME  

She/he/xie/they/xe/ze

So deep breath in

You're meant for this

Everyone wants to know

Well, so far, Flowershine hasn't interacted with Redfall alone before. Maybe the next chapter will have them with a moment alone... XDDDD

• Posted at:

{(-)} EMERALD-||-HAWKEYES {(-)}

Hai, this is Hawkeyes, but I am on my alternate account!

Warrior Cat

Fanwing

Kitsune

Nerdy Nightwing

Lots of OCs

TidepoolScorpionKiwiScorchFutureseerScrollreaderBlizzardBromeliad And more!

1 , , 3 ... 22 , 23 , 24