Yay! Credit where due! :P

1st Prompt

She/He sat,mind whirling with ideas...

2nd Prompt

Wings unfurling,the odd creature roared...

3rd Prompt

For time beyond memory....

4th Prompt

First was mighty (name) whose descendants became great animals.

5th Prompt

Some could not-and would not-agree..

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

A curious case, a reckless infection

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

It's a statewide inspection

boop

• Posted at:

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

bump

• Posted at:

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

boop..

• Posted at:

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

not letting it die

• Posted at:

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

sigh

• Posted at:

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

boop

• Posted at:

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

I'M NOT LETTING IT DIE EITHER! :D I choose dear prompt... Hm let me think...

• Posted at:

Juniper

*still trying to open the pickle jar*

Der* not dear. Just  let the spelling be wrong, auto correct.

• Posted at:

Juniper

For time beyond memory, he sat under the moon. Well, technically, no. He was sitting on the moon.

Well, the moon makes everything look so much bigger.

As he sat there, on the moon, he wondered about things. Of the blue-green planet under him.

He wondered if there are more people down there... People he didn't know of. Everytime one of those THINGS orbited the moon, or landed, he hid away in the stars. When they left, he came back.

However, this time, he saw a MUCH MUCH more bigger amount of people. And they started building.

It was big, made of some silver shiny metal, and looked like a shell. People went inside, and black things rose into the air, with some large holes that looked long and thick.

He ran away from the moon.

For time beyond memory, he looked from the stars. The moon was nearly hollowed out, and they were starting to loose orbit. So they blasted off in one of those things again, and landed on Mars.

He watched from the side.

• Posted at:

aching

pain so great

i can almost breathe again

This will probably be short and not the greatest work but... Oh well! :D

Wings unfurling the odd creature roared, the sound sending tremors through the ground. Sam stood ready, her face smudged with dirt, scrapes bleeding from the other Tasks. But her face was hardened with determination, and she stood unmoving before the beast. The scene broke Zenith's heart. He paced in his sterile, clean, cell with the tiny monitor showing blurry footage from the Feilds. How could he have ever doubted her? That night in the city seemed so long ago... She was acting aloof again, and Zenith started to doubt. That's when they offered a solution, offered to resolve all his problems for him. To make Sam love him again. The monster was enormous, at least three times Sam's height. It swung it's scaly muzzle this way and that, trying to find the trespasser's scent. Sam lunged for a fallen tree branch, ready to strike at any moment...

And that was the night they took him. As he walked home, a wave of darkness came down upon him and he had no choice but to succumb to unconsciousness. He awoke in this cell, the same one he had been trapped in for weeks. But the little screen told him every thing that was happening outside and on the Feilds. He saw Sam looking for him endlessly, shared her sleepless nights as Sam wondered where Zenith could have gone. He stood powerless as they took her prisoner and offered her a chance to prove her love, to get him back. He was forced to watch as Sam agreed to attempt to pass the Task, and endanger her life while doing so...

Sam was edging toward the invisible barrier around the Feild's edge. The creature was blind, as they had learned, but was no less vicious. It cornered her against the unseen wall. Zenith's heart was racing, and he could barely bring himself to keep watching. And then, just as the creature seemed to turn away, it sank it's saber like teeth into Sam's shoulder. Zenith cried out, a wave of alarm and fear crashing into him...

Huh so the story wasn't that short! X3

• Posted at:

Juniper

YEEHAW Thanks for letting that through, moderators! :D

• Posted at:

Juniper

XD, here's a bonus description.

Wings, gigantic and red as blood, unfurled as the odd creature, unlike any she ever saw, roared, and she had to cover her ears, and still able to hear it. It's eyes are cruel and white, blind, but it still showed anger and horror. The scales of this odd is shimmering blue and black, covered with blood from it's kills before. The ears pointed upwards, and a large forked tail, black and pointy, slammed onto the ground, knocking her backwards. The claws were long and deadly, and its breath reeked of human meat. It slammed two of the claws into the ground, and tore up a huge chunk of land and threw it down. Sam stood read, her face smudged with dirt, blah blah blah blah blah...

That would definitely help.

• Posted at:

aching

pain so great

i can almost breathe again

Well that totally makes the situation a whole lot better for Sam lol. XD Completely terrifying, thanks Malplenan! :D

• Posted at:

Juniper

Yay! Completely terrifying! :D Thanks Malplenan!

• Posted at:

Juniper

And double post!

• Posted at:

Juniper

X3

• Posted at:

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

What date do you stop taking story entries?

• Posted at:

~AurorAustralis~

9/18/2018.

probably will never post on here, so if u see my sig hello!!

i used to be here 2 yrs ago; nostalgia led me to visiting this place again

hope y'all are doing well, peace -

Owof thSunrise

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Happy early birthday! *throws early confetti and hands out early cake* X3

• Posted at:

Juniper

x3

• Posted at:

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

Ooo, okay! Thanks!

Happy early birthday! :D

• Posted at:

~AurorAustralis~

9/18/2018.

probably will never post on here, so if u see my sig hello!!

i used to be here 2 yrs ago; nostalgia led me to visiting this place again

hope y'all are doing well, peace -

Owof thSunrise

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks guys X3

• Posted at:

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

The Two Sides

This was actually a dream!!

Some could not-and would not-agree. The two people who lived in a valley were sworn enemies. They trained everyone, even their children. They all trained and it was like that, for both of them. They married when they were about thirteen. One day, after a battle, one twelve year old girl named Aleera was out collecting berries for the rest of the tribe to prepare for the feast of the winter spirits. She strayed to the river side, when she noticed a boy about fourteen from the other side stalking something on their territory. She was about to run and tell the cheif, but she hit s slippery patch of mud and fell into the deep water. Because she was wearing her winter clothes, she started to sink. She started to thrash around and scream for help as water filled her lunges. The boy, Cody, heard her, and his heart got the best of him, and he went to help her. He ran to where he saw her thrashing around, and took off his heavy winter coat, and dived in. He grabbed her, and got her to the surface. He swam to the bank, and lied her down. She started to choke out water from her lunges, and when she saw who saved her, she started to move back. "It's ok, I'm trying to help you," he said, noticing she was shivering. He reached and grabbed his coat, and rapped it around her. They sat there, trying to warm up, while they grew fond of each other. "I-I was supposed to collect berries." That was she had to say, Cody stood up, and he started to pick berries for her. An hour later, he picked a basket full. "Thank you!" She shouted, hugging him, he hugged back. She took the basket, and hugged him again. "I'll meet you back here when the moon is full," he said. She rushed off with the berries and got to the feast. A few days later, they met at the full moon, and they claimed something that could kill them both. They ran away from the tribes, and lived happily.

Please let this through, I worked for a few hours.

• Posted at:

I am Unicorn

The Forum Magical Unicorn 

Neigh!

Proud

FanWing Demigod Thunderclan Warrior Dragon Rider Bookworm Country Music Lover HOBBIT Gryffindor

When life gives you lemons make orange juice and leave the world wondering how you did it

When are you judging?

• Posted at:

I am Unicorn

The Forum Magical Unicorn 

Neigh!

Proud

FanWing Demigod Thunderclan Warrior Dragon Rider Bookworm Country Music Lover HOBBIT Gryffindor

When life gives you lemons make orange juice and leave the world wondering how you did it

Yes, when?

• Posted at:

Juniper

We need a few more posts first..

• Posted at:

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

Okay! C'mere peoples!!!!

• Posted at:

Juniper

I think I'll enter, but my fic won't be finished today. 

• Posted at:

-x-Flight-x-

“Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.”The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint Exupéry

#RememberTheLost

I'm looking forward to reading it. :3

• Posted at:

Juniper

Agh sorry my fic is taking so long

• Posted at:

-x-Flight-x-

“Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.”The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint Exupéry

#RememberTheLost

Agh sorry my fic is taking so long

• Posted at:

-x-Flight-x-

#RememberTheLost

Oh! That's fine. Bump.

• Posted at:

Juniper

(In which I test out parts of my shiny new magic system. Untitled because I don't feel like naming a fic after myself [or my nickname at least]). 

Some could not—and would not—agree on the exact manner in which humankind attained self-powered flight.

Perhaps it started with the sorcerer telekinetics, movers of bodies and air—or the wind-bottling witches, trappers and releasers of magic—or the momentum mages, launching themselves away from the earth—
No one knows.

Always, there have been those who dreamed of the sky. 

To fly, to fly—not only in short bursts, not only with great skill and concentration, not only for those with magic lurking in their hearts. To fly as easily as one might walk, jog, run, to be a bat, a bird, an insect, a human, a human in the sky.

They could not and would not agree on the exact manner in which humankind might attain self-powered flight.
So they split off, into branches, into clusters. All growing off the same tree. Reaching ever higher.
Who touched the clouds first?
We do not know.

Every branch touched the clouds, eventually. But only some are of note.

Here is one branch. It is sturdy and spare, and the bark on it is the colour of iron and ash. It is not the prettiest branch, not one that would catch your eye. It arches up and up and up, sometimes crooked, sometimes wayward, always striving.
If you only took a moment to look, you would the see the tiny markings circling it, round and round and round thousands of years of solid wood.
Legers, the magicless folk. There is much one can do with ingenuity and innovation and millenniums of knowledge.
Wings of metal, wings of wood, wings of reinforced cloth. Balloons, blades that spun and spun, things that roared and things that whirred. Stumbling, falling, breaking bones. Then picking themselves up and trying again.
When the first of them to fly came down from the sky, she laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed.
(Was it worth it?)
(Yes, was all she said.)

Another day, another branch. This one is short and slender. It exits from the trunk and shoots straight up into the sky, almost perfunctory in its rush.
Look again. A thousand little twigs and shoots branch off from it.
Merchants and Traders, those who dealt with the shadowy figures of dreams, trading, bartering. A coin for a healing, a hand for an escape, a year off one's lifetime for a year given to another.
"What price do you ask for flight?" asked one, then another, then another.
Some paid. Some did not.
It was the small sort of revolution, growing in little leaps and increments. The more you wanted something, the more it cost.
"I agree to the price."
And that was all there was to it.

Yet another branch. This one is the intricate knotted wood of age and tradition and barriers, almost vain in its shameless complexity. Strong and good for climbing, but who would ever set feet on such a thing?
Enchanters. Those whose hearts were sustained by magic. A single working was all they had in them. They made the best of it.
They would not have it any other way.
One laid out capes upon capes in an empty field, and enchanted to be as the skin of a bird. Slip in—one is winged. Slip out—one is human. One turned gravity upon itself, made a forest where the winds responded to every wayward whim. One enchanted shoes upon shoes to grow little wings around the heel.
Enchantment was an art, but a limited art. They would not have it any other way.

A fourth branch, twisting, the pale green of youth—of those who would not settle for mere flight, magic-aided. Of those who wanted wings. Of those who wanted a new human.
Sorcerers could manipulate human flesh easily enough. Perhaps, in time, they would learn to touch a genome, whatever it was within the human body that passed down through generations and generations. But it was not a sorcerer who made a winged human. It was a wizard—word-weaver, spellwriter, orator.
It started, as many things do, with brothers who disagreed.
"It should be as the wings of bats," said the first brother. "Humans are not meant to be feathered, and that would be more work anyhow. If a human has wings, those wings should be those of another mammalian creature. I ask of you, change our arms to the wings of bats.
"Why not birds?" demanded the second brother. "Ask any leger off the street for the name of a flying creature—how many would you go through before one gave an answer that was not a bird? Birds are the masters of the air, diverse in their flight. Change our arms to the wings of birds."
"Is there anything so wrong about caring for beauty?" ventured the third brother. "The wings of insects are not the strongest or the swiftest, but they are swift and strong enough, and there is a great beauty in them. It matters not if their blood flows red. Please change our arms to the wings of insects."
The last brother, the one with the the words that would fulfill their wishes ready on his tongue, narrowed his eyes in contemplation.
"I offer you a compromise," he said. "I will change your arms to whatever wings you wish, and the arms of all those who follow you as well. I expect there to be a fairly even divide. There is no need for this argument."
And the other three brothers agreed, and the fourth spoke the words that would thin their bones and expand their chests, strengthen some muscles and weaken others, improve senses and reflexes and let arms become wings. The wings of a free-tailed bat, of a harpy eagle, of a blue-winged demoiselle.

But this branch, eventually, forked into three. 
In the end, there was in fact need for argument. Each brother took their like-winged followers and left the others, settling in cave-ridden mountains, a soaring jungle, a land of hills and valleys and lakes.
And so the demons, angels, and fairies were born.
The last brother became a traveller, cycling among them all, and it was he who penned their tale.

Another branch on a tree full of them, another branch touching the clouds.

Always, there have been those who dreamed of the sky.
And they joined together and made their dream reality.

• Posted at:

-x-Flight-x-

#RememberTheLost

O.O Wow. That was really incredible, Flight. (And the story even fits your name! XD) Your story was so poetic and artfully written. The metaphors you used are beautiful, and I really enjoyed the whole thing! I think you portrayed the concept of flight really well, and not to mention super imaginatively. :3 I. Am. Jelly. Such tough competition! X3

• Posted at:

Juniper

BUMP. We need moar people!!!

• Posted at:

Juniper

Up. :3

• Posted at:

Juniper

boop!

Only need two mor people!

(and that was amazing,Flight~)

• Posted at:

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

Thinking about joining... maybe tomorrow. I don't feel like writing at 6:10 AM after being up all night.

• Posted at:

Midnight/Maddie(stormfire167)ALT_USER_1

_Maddie:credit_Puppy

Orig_User_Spiritanimals.com

Pokemon_Snowfall_Glacion

Alright then. :3 UP

• Posted at:

Juniper

Agh 

Thanks, everyone who read my story!

• Posted at:

-x-Flight-x-

#RememberTheLost

1 ,