The filter seems to heavily dislike me, so take three now. This does have some edits as I posted two posts that didn’t come through and decided it was just better to combine them into one long post in case both decide to post later. That and some things came through after I posted one of them, which means I can fix it here. Apologies if this posts more than once.
@Everyone: Alright, so the forums are being deleted and replaced. I’ve been talking with Becky, and this might be possible, but do we want to try and see if it’s possible to move this RP, or part of it, over to the new forums or do we just want to keep it going from the end of where we have to end on this forum and start up on the new one? And note, that no matter what, I will be doing my best to record all of the RP on the wiki, all the pages that would be lost will be put on the wiki as I’m not willing to risk losing over two years of this RP. For more information, go see Becky’s thread, “**IMPORTANT: Announcement about the upcoming Home Base update and the forums**” on thread /355774
@Gleam: I apologize, as Nimbo’s and Shadow’s pictures are what I am working on, but it may take longer for me to finish them as I try and work on a way to move all the current information of the RP onto the wiki, so it may take me a bit. Again, sorry for the trouble.
@Dreamrose: Yuki would be happy to. And if all goes to plan, the group should hit the IceWing kingdom in a few days time from now (half a day or more to get to the cliff and probably a day or two to get around it) so would you like Yuki to head that way right now? And if/when my PoVs come in, just ignore that question I asked, I posted it before your answer came through, so it’s redundant.
@Bramble: Firstly, just for information as I’m not entirely sure where Salt is, Boreal and Forge are on guard duty. Boreal is the female IceWing and MudWing (3/4 IceWing and 1/4 MudWing) iceborn pyromaniac and Forge is the male MudWing and SkyWing and the blacksmith of the camp. Like I said, I get it. It’s frustrating when someone constantly points out things in your forms when your proud of them. It’s something I expect Prism to do to mine. And I get that life happens outside of here and that it does influence how you feel, but please also understand that I also have a lot going on. In an effort to help, I’m reposting my original problems list and everything that was fixed, what was partially fixed (meaning most was answered, but some parts still need clarification) and a few parts that weren’t ever solved. My notes on whether it’s solved or not are in bold and italic.
1) How is he an average height when he was didn’t
have a lot of food during his childhood? His growth would have been severely stunted. And why is his tongue white? No tribe has that color tongue. And leucism doesn’t make a tongue white. Pale pink maybe, but not white. And I advise looking up leucism a bit or at least using a real life reference. Leucism tends to make an animal all or mostly white (at least half). It sounds more like Nebula is a piebald with freckles, but I guess he could be leucistic, just really not likely.
Solved. He’s shorter and is piebald. Never got the tongue color, but I'm just assuming it’s pale pink or blue and I no longer care that much.
2) Hummingbird wouldn’t have been able to get into the IceWing kingdom, the Great Cliff would have killed him as it kills any dragon that isn’t IceWing or with some recent IceWing in them.
Somewhat solved. From what I got he enchanted himself to be able to go over, but this still doesn’t make sense. Wouldn’t Glimmerous have prepared something outside the kingdom for him as she knows about the Great Ice Cliff? Why didn’t she plan for this?
3) Biologically, Nebula couldn’t be an animus as his father, while looking like a hybrid, wasn’t born one and therefore wouldn’t have the gene for it. And IceWings have most likely lost it or have it buried in their genetic code at this point far enough that it wouldn’t be able to pass on in one generation.
Solved, was a misunderstanding.
4) Why would an animus NightWing even do this? Why would she make a hybrid son of all things? Why would she run from the NightWing kingdom, NightWings in general are highly loyal? Is she dead? This needs to be explained more.
5) Why didn’t Glimmerous enchant herself to be an animus?
Solved, and wasn’t major.
6) I doubt Queen Glacier would ever allow anything like this. Highly, highly, highly doubt and would even go as far as to say she wouldn’t given her personality and morals. If this was some black market, underground thing, then yes, I could see it. But the way it’s worded implies this is out in public in full view of everyone.
Solved, basically secret/black market
7) How did Nebula know how to read at five? While he know words from what others said, that doesn’t translate to being able to read anything. Along with that, how could he even talk? From his story it sounds like he never did before, so he wouldn’t just randomly be able to.
Solved, he doesn’t know how to read.
8) How did a RainWing get into the IceWing kingdom? Again, the Great Ice Cliff would have killed her. And how did she know Nebula was an animus? That was never even hinted at with him, there’s no way she could have know? And what RainWing would do this? They’re entire tribe is rather… lazy and not even remotely close to fighters. Why a RainWing would do this or be able to needs to be explained.
Somewhat explained. Basilisk trained with Hummingbird, which explains his ability to read, write, fight and everything else really and Humminbird left him a note on the enchanted book paper? Two questions. How was that not turned into a spell and did Basilisk know what the paper did?
9) How can Nebula even speak? While I can get how he’d understand others, from what I gathered he was unable to talk for most of his life, meaning he’d have almost no vocal cords. He shouldn’t have been able to say a word, let alone say a full sentence when facing Glimmerous. Even if he could talk before the muzzle, after that point when he got it off he wouldn’t be able to anymore without serious work as his muscles would have atrophied.
Not quite solved? I don’t remember seeing an answer, but I think you said he couldn’t really? No clue. So, might have been but not that I could find stated.
10) If he isn’t resistant to the cold how did he survive his childhood? The IceWing kingdom is freezing and deadly to any dragon without that resistance, even inside the buildings.
11) How did he know what an igloo was? And why would an IceWing have blankets, they don’t need them?
Part one solved. Question 2, never answered.
12) You can’t learn to read by speech alone. You can learn what words mean when said out loud, but in no way would he be able to learn how to read and wrote by others talking.
Solved, he doesn’t know how to read.
13) How did he get his name? Did Glimmerous bother to name him or did he name himself? And if he named himself how did he even know what a Nebula was?
Solved, Glimmerous named him
14) With a backstory that… hurtful and mentally scarring, I’m honestly doubting that Nebula would be that adjusted to society. In fact I’m surprised he’d even be able to go into society. Or even functioning. I’m sorry, but spending 13 years of your life treated like that, that poorly, that doesn’t just go away and I really think he’d have more problems than anger issues and depression. Actually, he would. I mean I see that he has some emotional problems, but not to the extent you’d see someone treated like that have. While normally I’d say that personality would be fine, with a backstory like that and animus powers? It needs more. Normally I’d advise researching this, but given the nature of it you can just ask me and I can give you an idea at least of what he’d likely have if you want. That and the personality still needs how he feels about his powers.
15) Icy death spit. Venom does not work this way. As with any chemical, it’s properties can change with temperature, though not as much with heat, it still wouldn’t work like normal venom, so it’s more likely it’d be rendered completely useless or very ineffective. While cold does preserve venom, when mixed with what causes IceWing frost you’d be looking at a whole new compound that’d likely kill him or be useless. And he wouldn’t just randomly mutate another venom sack, or two more venom sacks, that’s not how that works and wouldn’t be how it works. Basically, this isn’t possible without animus magic getting involved, so please just stick with the normal powers. At best he’d have venom that was slightly colder than normal due to body temperature differences.
16) Not a problem, but IceWings can’t shoot spikes from their tail. They’re just there.
Never a problem.
Prism’s: I’ll point out that animus spells need to have intent behind them, as shown Legends: Darkstalker, so just telling him to say “I enchant this building to explode” and him repeating it wouldn’t work.
I honestly couldn’t tell. Did he do the spell or not? I can’t tell if this was solved.
Okay, my bad for not realizing this sooner, but why didn’t Hummingbird just escape when he was first caught? Why didn’t he write in his book a spell to teleport himself back to the rainforest? From the backstory it seems Glimmerous didn’t find the book until after she killed Hummingbird and even if she had it before he still had it when the servants captured him. So why did he never spell himself to escape?
Never solved as I just asked this.
Anhinga didn’t say anything, not bothering the two, planning on waiting a bit to make sure Cryptic didn’t pass out in a few moments, as he might just be perking up for a few moments due to the food and water before just passing out. If Cryptic was still awake then he’d ask if he felt up to spending a little bit in a tub of water to make sure his body was at a stable temperature or wait to see if the two had any questions.
It didn’t take long for Generosity to finish bandaging the neck, making sure it wouldn’t accidentally strangle him from being too tight and also making sure that it wouldn’t fall off. Thankfully he hadn’t seemed to freak out about her metal arm, then again he might not have been able to see it to. She motioned for Mesquite to set the IceWing hybrid’s head back down.“Alright, that’s all done,” Generosity told the IceWing hybrid gently. “You can go back to sleep now, we’ve finished bandaging your neck, you don’t need to stay awake.” They could ask him questions when he was more coherent or feeling better and hopefully able to actually talk instead if having to blink.
Coywolf just laughed at that question. “Oh, all hybrids are dangerous. But yes, I know of the group you’re talking about. The group run by two hybrids, a rather bloodthirsty and destructive group full of hybrids, traitors, and killers of the worst sort. They call themselves Sand Flyers and they have been, and still are, a cause of many deaths for a long time and have caused several kingdoms many problems. You can say that I’ve had some, incounters, with them myself.” Ah yes, he’d had some other dragons out there to help, with others of those groups. He hadn’t heard anything back from them, yet. He better be hearing something from them soon though. It was nice to know where the group was going, he’d have to let Yukimarimo know. There were things they could plan.
Snowberry dug through one of her satchels, partially ignoring Obelisk snapping at the new dragon, and ignoring the chatter box, grabbing a bottle of ink and a few sheets of paper. Quickly she jotted down some notes, what to do if she disappeared, and an explanation for the others, a note letting know the Sand Flyers that she, Shore, and Ablaze would be missing, and a map of where someone, Kit, was. Being careful to roll them up in a way that would make sure they barely smudge, she put them back into a satchel. “Obelisk,” Snowberry said, her voice serious. She took off the satchel that contained the rings from Gray and the notes she had jotted down, and gave it to Obelisk. “I’m going to go look for Ablaze, Shore, and Seabreeze. If I'm not back in 15-20 minutes, flee, fly, run, just get out of here with everyone as fast as you can and don’t even try to look for me. In there are items you will need, notes about what to do if I disappear, and a map to someone who will be able to help you. Do not open it before those you do not trust or know. and don’t trust anything in there to anyone you do not trust or do not know. If I live and I take longer than that time then I’ll meet up with you there. And the fire setter’s name is Reflection, talk to him before trying to kill him. And try not to kill just because they’re annoying. Be careful, I trust you, and may your wings always guide you safely.” With that, Snowberry gave a small smile at Obelisk and took off heading down the dune. She wished she hadn’t had to be that cryptic, but with the new arrivals she couldn’t say what she wanted to in a clear manner. She paused at the base briefly, looking at the small amounts of blood she could see, before taking off again, heading in the direction she remembered Ablaze and Shore flying in. Hopefully she could find them.
“I’m going to follow Snowberry and see if anything happens. I’ll be back, just stay here, in case they leave before I come back. I want to see what happens, I just need to know,” Gray told Bushmaster, and before Bushmaster could speak, Gray was gone. Bushmaster bit her lip. Gray didn’t know Solar could hear them. If something happened to Snowberry though, she’d tell her, and then one of them could tell Solar. Actually she’d tell her even if nothing did. Gray needed to know and she didn’t like keeping something that big a secret. But for know, there wasn’t really anything she could so she guess she’d just have to watch and wait. She hoped nothing happened. Really, really hoped.
Italics= Ghosts talking
Yew and Seabreeze- Sleeping and half asleep.
Generosity- A female NightWing with small silver scales speckled around her body and and a missing right arm that is replaced by and enchanted metal replica (acts like a real arm instead of a useless piece of metal) that once belonged to Gray. She is also one of the main healers in the camp.
Gray/Grayfox: A SandWing animus Sand Flyer who was killed during the war. She was well known for her paranoia and ability as a blacksmith. She was missing her right forearm and made a metal replacement, which Generosity now uses. It has been shown that she is one of the Sand Flyers that has stayed behind as a ghost.
Non Sand Flyers:
Anhinga- A somewhat older male MudWing and SeaWing hybrid who is one of the healers of the camp. Like Skulk, he isn’t a Sand Flyer
Mesquite- A female MudWing who works as an assistant to the healers, and isn’t a real healer herself. She isn’t a Sand Flyer either.