• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

>)(<Crimson>)(< 

Son of Justice

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

El Amigo

Please just be okay...

Foolizh autocoreect

What do you need help with drawing? I could probably give you advice on dragons, but I'm rather lost on people

• Posted at:

~{}Vul{}~

Not quite hopeful

Aro/Ace ~ Nonbinary (They/Them) ~ Collector of Trash Characters ~ Relatable Duo

"But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."

Everything. If you know how to draw dragons, tell me how to draw dragons. 

• Posted at:

>)(<Crimson>)(< 

Son of Justice

El Amigo

Please just be okay...

Foolizh autocoreect

Admittedly, I've been practicing all my life and just sort of naturally know how. What I'd say is, use a lot of references. ESPECIALLY HORSES. It may seem weird, but for a long time, I used horses/dogs and various reptiles as reference.

Try to find simple tutorials, too. I have a few drawing books laying around, and one of the best tips I could give you that I learned from them is to use simple shapes. Dragons especially have incredibly complex bodies, so it's much easier to break them down into circles and squares and lines, then build them up from there.

• Posted at:

~{}Vul{}~

Not quite hopeful

Aro/Ace ~ Nonbinary (They/Them) ~ Collector of Trash Characters ~ Relatable Duo

"But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."

For dragons, I always just start with a circle for the head, a circle for the upper body, and a circle for the lower one. It's kind of hard to explain... I would recommend reading Drawing Dragons by Sandra Staple.

• Posted at:

Wormy says hi

I am Sirius.HiProngs likes pie

Remus Lupin was here

This is my life.FoodI'm your life? You like me?  No dur

Hi

"Some things just deserve being grumpy at" -Glory

Currently: Brainstorming for fanfiction /267015

Get some drawing books from Neondragonart's drawing books. They've been really helpful for me! My dragons and other beings have really improved! 

• Posted at:

Silver Dragoness   

"I don't go crazy, I am Crazy. I just go normal from time to time"

"It doesn't matter if you get a real Blue ribbon, what matters is the figurative Blue ribbon you get when you did better than the last time" - Me

Look at the drawings of better artists than you. Speedpaints are pretty helpful at times(Sahel the SandWing's speedpaints helped me drawing dragons).

• Posted at:

I am a Magic Kitten!

My nickname is Magic

"Everyone should suddenly have the air turn into seven bright purple dragons yelling hysterically whenever she gets attacked." -Tsunami

Don't go to digital art right away, make sure you want to take drawing seriously before buying a tablet.

• Posted at:

~-EMERALD-~

Open your mouth only if what you are going to say is more beautiful than the silence

learn basic colour theory. There are a lot of good tutorials on deviantart. This is also useful for sig design.

Speedpaints are great. I learn quite a bit from them.

Learn basic anatomy too. Like I dunno bout dragons, but unless you're trying to draw titans, then learn basic proportions.

If you do digital art, get a good enough programme. I'd recommend starting with MS Paint then sumopaint.com then maybe GIMP or MediBang, if you have no money. But if you can pay, then I thiiiiink Photoshop and/or Paint Tool Sai are good? 

Learn to colour, if you do traditional art. Unless you only do black and white sketches.

Learn to shade. This is important.

If you do digital art, DON'T rely on the airbrush for shading, you can use it for smooth shiny plastic objects or whatever, but DON'T use it for absolutely everything! It looks all blurry and unclean....

Um. There's definitely other stuff. But I can't think of them right now....

• Posted at:

{ACCOUNT ABANDONED}

latesunshine25 now

Hm. 

Well.

I wasn't going to by a tablet anyway, if I went into digital art, I would use JS on Khan Academy. 

• Posted at:

>)(<Crimson>)(< 

Son of Justice

El Amigo

Please just be okay...

Foolizh autocoreect

-Proportions are the most important thing. If your proportions are good, your drawing will always look good.

-Use a mechanical pencil for more defined lines.

-Shading gives a drawing depth, but on a colored drawing, shade with darker colors of the already existing color.

• Posted at:

*~Luna~*

Joined March 7 2015

PROUD!

-Bisexual-

Wiccan

Our opinions are not equal when your opinion does not respect my existence.

When drawing dragon wings, always start with the wing frames first. It would be helpful to look at the proportions of good dragon art to see how long everything should be, to avoid making the frame segments awkward and the wrong size.

• Posted at:

•Darksea•

Please excuse the typoes.

Darling don't be afraid, I will love you for a thousand years. 

God bless you Lucy.

3Amigas

This is a very sharp knife I have here

Yee

#Arkos

Use guidelines. A lot of my friends think it's weird, but really, they help a lot. And a lot of practice. And as long as you enjoy what you're doing, you should be good. =3

• Posted at:

You can call me Wolfghost or Blaidd

I support and am Part of the LGBTQ+ Community

SLYTHERIN

Genocide Of The Loyal

"Creepy girls you're just my style Blood-red lipstick You don't smile Falling victim to your fantasy Da** I love it that you're so creepy"

@Luna

-Yup. I'm currently drawing Alexander, and I erased the wire frame for the head three times ot get the proportions right >~<

-Why a mechanical pencil?

-Welp, I got that down, since I only have normal pencils ;-;

• Posted at:

>)(<Crimson>)(< 

Son of Justice

El Amigo

Please just be okay...

Foolizh autocoreect

Okay, practice. I've been drawing non-stop most of my life, from what I remember. My drawings look somewhat decent now, I guess?

Anyway, for most objects and beings, you have to sort of look at them as if the are made of separate parts. Like, a human head is basically either a sphere or an elongated sphere. Then you have to draw the eyes as almond/football shapes, ect., ect. The eyes are usually placed around halfway on faces, as are the ears. Do you get what I'm saying?

As for dragons, same thing. Cylinder for a neck, head is a sphere, snout is a tapering cylinder, eyes are almond-shaped, ect.

• Posted at:

R E M E M B E R T H E L O S T 

*yEETS AWAY*

"I thought mascara was a fish"-Galaxian

"Make an insect AU and they're all fruit flies"- Ishmael

"Brussels sprouts are just delicious earth meatballs"-Becky

Deviantart is LivVirtual

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

Look at other people's art,see the way the stuff works,watch speedpaints,look at references

• Posted at:

Slushy

Love is Love

#BoycottChipotleBecauseTheyDidntHireJamesLike3YearsAgo

Danganronpa nerd

Goodbye everyone! I'll miss you all.

February 13, 2016-march 23, 2019

I'm sorry but I am an eye artist.

-When drawing eyes, make sure you capture the eyebrows, basic shape of the eye, and eyelashes just right. You want viewers to know whether its femine, masculine, or animalistic.

-No eyes are the same. I only use blue and white sketches (because I use a pen, meaning I can't erase). If you color, make sure you use a lot of different color combination for irises, and the reflection of light. Get them all right on the first try if you're using a pen like me. The pupils are different as well. Cat eyes and human eyes differ, while some don't even have them at all.

-Draw the emotion of the eye. When drawing angry eyes I suggest adding a little bit of shadow under the eye to make it look more intimidating. When drawing sad eyes add a little tears on the corner of the eye, and slightly more emotional colors for irises. I use large scales to draw eyes so it's easier to make it detailed.

-Practice makes perfect.

-DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING. It's an eye, no eyes are perfect, no eyes are of the correct, heart-touching shape or color. Let it be.

• Posted at:

aching

pain so great

i can almost breathe again

*Finishes crude drawing of Alexander* WHEW! THAT WAS HARD! *Looks at picture* And it doesn't even look that good... Oh well

• Posted at:

>)(<Crimson>)(< 

Son of Justice

El Amigo

Please just be okay...

Foolizh autocoreect

Well RIP me. 

I just drew a paddle shape with a dot in it for this drawing's eye OoO

• Posted at:

>)(<Crimson>)(< 

Son of Justice

El Amigo

Please just be okay...

Foolizh autocoreect

I can't give you complex advice like the other forumers can, because I self-taught myself to draw cats with nothing but a No. 2 pencil and an old drawing pad (and from watching a lot of AMVs, MAPs, and PMVs on the-video-place). I've had a few months' practice, and I'm loads better at cats. The way I draw is I always draw the head first. Otherwise, I can never get it right. Once I drew a MudWing body, and it was pretty good, and I left it overnight, then tried to draw the head the next day- it was wayyyy disproportional. 

eh don't listen to me I'm so much worse at art than the rest of the people here

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Daily Song Quote"i've done all i can think of, chased down all my demons" -pink

I self-taught myself (and have been for six years.) But I got some tips:

-Use your own way of drawing. If you don't use the circles and ovals that most people do, that's fine. You'll probably draw best when you're comfortable. (I don't draw that way, myself).

-Draw and shade every detail seperately. It might be easier to, say, shade a dragons' scales together, but that ends up looking flat. Shade each scale separately.

-Know when to go to the dark side. For sketching, always draw lightly so you can erase. But when shading, things are often darker than you think they are.

And that's all for now.

• Posted at:

Sage of the Universe, Giver of Writing Advice

I'll respect your opinion as long as your opinion doesn't disrespect anyone else's life

LONG LIVE ANARCHY, DESTROY YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT, AND BE CAREFUL: SERPENTINE IS 100% SALT

/318748

Well I suck, so I can't be of much help in the actual art part, but here's a bit of advice:

- Watch speedpaints, and watch how they do some things. Play any part you want to learn over at half speed so you can really see what they're doing.

Some good speedpaint people on YT:

-spinachtoffee (she draws everything)

-LavenderTowne (she draws humans)

-Use art tutorials! THEY ARE GOOD!

Art tutorial people:

-Art a la Carte (everything)

-REFERENCES ARE YOUR FRIENDS

...and that's all

• Posted at:

ELLO!

MY NAME IS Puppy

R O A S T Y  T O A S T Y 

ELLO, LAUREL!

wompdedomp

hey if you could use they/them for me that would be great thanksssss i mean i'm not on here often anymore but shhshshshsh

@Sirius Black ~ YES that book is amazing! But I appreciate it as more of an art collection/idea giver than a drawing guide; if I ever try to draw a dragon that is in that book, I end up frustrated thinking my drawing is no good in comparison to Sandra Staple's. I find it easier to copy some of Joy Ang's lineart for the dragon tribes and work from there.

• Posted at:

Jadeseeker

{Genderfluid!}

Beauty comes in all forms. It's not just external; it's internal as well. - Alessia Cara

Margay Scattering Auburn Cottontail Gyrfalcon Distance Darkwatcher

Yeah, I know. I just copied some of her drawings to start out with and then got more creative. But she's still WAY better than me.

• Posted at:

Wormy says hi

I am Sirius.HiProngs likes pie

Remus Lupin was here

This is my life.FoodI'm your life? You like me?  No dur

Hi

"Some things just deserve being grumpy at" -Glory

Currently: Brainstorming for fanfiction /267015