I promise to try to be consistent in my writing and never abandon this fanfic. I'm starting fresh because Frostwhisker's Destiny is getting too... wild... and unrealistic... anyway. LET THE FANFIC BEGIN!

Up In Smoke: Prologue

"Hello, Mossflower." A sleek gray tom dipped his head to a black she-cat as she stepped up to him.

"Hello, Cinderblaze," the she-cat greeted him. They touched noses briefly, but this was not a trivial matter. Despite the fantasy surroundings and sparkling pelts of the two cats, there was much more serious business afoot.

"Have you foreseen it too?" Cinderblaze mewed sharply, locking eyes with Mossflower.

"Yes," she sighed. "It will not happen for some time, I believe, but... well, if the three Clans are unaware of it, they will all perish. Many will die even if they do manage to make it out intact."

"Indeed. And, correct me if I am wrong, but a certain kit in the nursery has a destiny. Will she be the one to lead the Clans away?" Cinderblaze mewed, his pelt shimmering with starlight.

"In part," Mossflower replied. "You have forgotten the other two Clans. They have destinies too. Not only StreamClan is destined to survive."

"I beg your pardon, but I have not seen these other kits. I have only seen StreamClan's destined cat."

"Well, I have." Mossflower bent her head close to Cinderblaze's ear, whispering two names. "I did not think they would have as grand of destinies as these, but I have been mistaken once again."

"Once again. How do we know to trust you? You made a horrible mistake with Fallenpaw," the starry tom hissed sharply, his tone suddenly harsh.

"I know." The black she-cat winced as if physically hurt by the memory of the young apprentice. "She chose her own destiny."

"Indeed she did, but it was not a good one."

"But the kits. How do we know they aren't mistakes like Fallenpaw?" Mossflower asked. 

"That's the catch, Mossflower. We don't," Cinderblaze said gravely. "We no longer have power over them. They may choose their futures now."

"I don't want them to die!" she said desperately.

"They will choose not only whether they live or die, but whether all the Clans live or die as well. They have not been chosen on a whim!" Cinderblaze hissed angrily.

"Cinderblaze, please!" Mossflower cried. "I just need to make sure they're safe."

"They are not safe! No cat in the Clans is safe now! Nor is any cat in the remote area! They're going to die, Mossflower. We know it. It's only a very slim chance, if any, that they're going to survive."

"Don't talk like that! They're barely three moons old!"

"I can talk however I want." The two StarClan cats stood facing each other, pelts spiked.

"Are you arguing again?" A white tom stepped out of the bushes, shaking his long fur. "I thought this was supposed to be a civilized meeting."

"Sorry, Rabbitstar," both cats mumbled, averting their eyes.

"As well you should be. You do know who the three cats are, don't you?" He performed an action as close to raising an eyebrow as was possible for a feline.

"Of course!" Mossflower meowed earnestly, like she'd done something right for once. Cinderblaze's tail lashed angrily.

"You should watch them, then, not prattle on idly foretelling death and doom." He flicked his tail and disappeared again.

Cinderblaze huffed and stalked away, leaving Mossflower to gaze down at the nurseries of three separate Clans, where the sun was rising in the sky and kits were beginning to wake up.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Daily Song Quote"i've done all i can think of, chased down all my demons" -pink

beluga

and we haven't even met the main character yet

this fanfic will be single-PoV even though there are three cats with destinies

• Posted at:

@Shadefire@

Nightmare's Backup Account

YOU'LL SEE ME AROUND

I will keep bumping this until someone reads it

• Posted at:

@Shadefire@

Nightmare's Backup Account

YOU'LL SEE ME AROUND

WHOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Posted at:

Call me Gryffin

FORUM FIREFIGHTER

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

FORUM BRO

CFI LEVEL 4

AV VITALITY PROXY

✡PROUD JEW✡

Nosebleed King

#3Musketeers

#BROSQUAD

REMEMBER ANGEL

NUU I LIKE FROSTWHISKER'S DESTINY

DON'T YOU DARE STOP WRITING IT

• Posted at:

eventide/spectral

she/heand they/them

and we're powered by every tear that's dried

You've done it again Nightmare! *whistles* Just please don't wrench my heart in this fanfiction like you did with Frostwhisker's Destiny! Also, if you don't mind, would it be okay if one of the main destiny kittens was friend with a kit named Rookkit. If this sounds like a bad idea, please completely ignore this crossed out message...

• Posted at:

-Nocturnal-

Wielder of Darkness

"Strange, isn't it? What comes from within."

-Snape

#ProudSlytherin

#SupportPeri

Arabon (Flipside)

Hindsight (Mutant Wolf)

Salt Lake (Thief)

Ammos (Animus Prince)

Viperfish (SeaWing)

Darkshore (Hybrid)

Flip (Desk Dragon)

*deep breath* CONSISTENCY, HERE I COME!

Up In Smoke: Chapter One

"Sandkit! Sandkit! Come on, wake up!" Sandkit was being prodded in the side like every morning by her sister, Maplekit. 

"Rrrgghhh..." Sandkit groaned, rolling away from Maplekit.

"Come on, let's play! Even I'm up!" she heard Rookkit mew from across the nursery. 

"She can sleep however long she wants to," mewed Hazelpelt, the two kits' mother. 

"I'll get you rowdy kits some prey, how about that?" asked Littlebrook. She was the mother of Rookkit, Lilykit, and Troutkit. 

"Yes! I'm hungry!" Maplekit and Rookkit chorused, bouncing away from Sandkit, who sighed in relief and curled up tighter; that is, until she felt more paws poke her. 

"You aren't getting away that easily!" Lilykit laughed. When Sandkit tried to roll away, Troutkit pounced on her. Finally, she opened her eyes, swatting at the moon-younger kit with her paws. She managed to push him off, and he tumbled off the nest, fur spiking. His face was comical to look at, and Lilykit giggled.

Soon, Littlebrook returned with two minnows in her jaws. "I thought you could maybe try fish today," she mewed. "You won't eat mice forever."

Rookkit crept up to the silver fish and wrinkled his nose. "Yuck! It smells..."

"Fishy?" Sandkit offered, stifling a laugh as she stretched and trotted over to the new prey. Maplekit gently shouldered Sandkit aside.

"I'll try it!" her sister declared, taking a big bite and chewing it, looking comically thoughtful. "It's not as fishy as it smells."

Cautiously, Troutkit crept up to the minnows, taking an extremely tiny bite. "Ew!" he squeaked loudly.

"Come on, you've got to like fish! You're named after one!" Lilykit teased her brother.

Next, Sandkit circled a minnow once, flicked the tip of her tongue against it, then bit into it, chewing. "I don't like it as much as mice." She wrinkled her nose, swallowing the piece.

"Too bad," Hazelpelt laughed, sitting beside Littlebrook, "because that's all you're getting for breakfast today."

"What?!" the kits squealed in unison.

"I'm just kidding. Littlebrook and I will eat them, and I'll get you some mice to share." Sandkit's mother padded out of the nursery and soon returned with two fat mice in her jaws, which she set in front of the kits. Rookkit, Troutkit, and Lilykit attacked one ravenously, while Maplekit and Sandkit ate the second one more patiently.

"Come on, let's go play!" Maplekit called, scampering past Hazelpelt out of the nursery. The other four kits followed, tumbling over one another. Sandkit tripped over her own paws and landed on some cat's tail. It was Duskpaw, the apprentice. She had seen him once or twice before, because he had visited them when they were younger. He hissed with annoyance.

"Sorry," she mewed timidly, shrinking back. Duskpaw stalked away, saying nothing, and keeping his tail high off the ground.

When she turned around, the other four kits were trying to climb the Tallrock, where Vixenstar gave announcements. Sandkit scampered after them energetically. Maplekit was already up, and Rookkit was giving some effort, being halfway up, while Troutkit made a massive (if messy) leap to where Rookkit was. Rookkit made a squeaky sound and slid all the way down again, while Troutkit joined Maplekit at the top. Lilykit, being the smallest and most delicate of the kits, was struggling to make it up at all. Sandkit gave her a nudge and she made it. Sandkit pawed the rest of the way up.

"I dare you to jump off." Maplekit poked Troutkit with her tail.

"I dare you to jump off with me!" he retorted.

"I dared you first."

"Fine!" Troutkit gathered his hind legs under him, ready to spring, but he was stopped by a voice.

"That isn't safe," Sageriver meowed. She was the deputy of StreamClan. Most cats admired her for either her prettiness or her skill. She was a slender white she-cat with green eyes, and a force to be reckoned with.

"Okay." Maplekit settled down sulkily.

"And you're not even supposed to be up there. You aren't leaders yet!" the deputy reprimanded them.

Lilykit turned and started to scramble down, and Troutkit followed. Sandkit and Rookkit went together, and Maplekit came last.

"She thinks she's Sagestar already," Maplekit grumbled. 

"She probably will be soon." Vixenstar was getting old, and it was a common belief that she was on her last life, though no one but Sageriver and Leopardspots, the Clan medicine cat, knew for sure.

"Oh, well. Let's go play on the Flatrocks!" Rookkit led the way towards the almost platelike rocks in a sunny corner of the large camp, and Sandkit gladly scampered after her best friend.

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

COME ON BELUGA

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

" Yuck! It smells..."

"...fishy?"

I LOVE THIS ALREADY

MORE

• Posted at:

v i n e 

you find some way to survive

and you find out you don't have to be happy at all

to be happy you're alive

they / them

beluga

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

I love it! Keep going!

• Posted at:

what about us? what about all the broken happy ever afters?

#RememberTheLost

cindering, one of the lost

Thank you so much for including Rookkit! I honestly didn't expect you to. Also, this is hilarious. XD

• Posted at:

-Nocturnal-

Wielder of Darkness

-Snape

#ProudSlytherin

#SupportPeri

Arabon (Flipside)

Hindsight (Mutant Wolf)

Salt Lake (Thief)

Ammos (Animus Prince)

Viperfish (SeaWing)

Darkshore (Hybrid)

Flip (Desk Dragon)

It's really good so far! Keep it up! You're an amazing writer!

• Posted at:

- legend -

but just leg works too

what screws us up the most in life

is the picture in our heads

of what it's supposed to look like

Alrighty then. I've organized the names and appearances of every cat in the three Clans, plus some kittypets and a loner.

Up In Smoke: Chapter Two

Sandkit was batting at a feather fallen from the sky, rolling around on the dusty camp floor. Suddenly, Maplekit leapedon top of her, and they wrestled. Dust clouds billowed everywhere, until Hazelpelt hauled Maplekit off Sandkit.

"Stop fighting!" the kits' mother reprimanded them. "Your apprenticeship ceremony is soon!" Hazelpelt dragged Maplekit over to her by the scruff and began licking the dust out of her fur vigorously. She only paused from licking the squirming Maplekit to mew to Sandkit, "Wash yourself please." Sandkit did so, using her paws to reach areas she couldn't reach with her tongue. Soon, her pale ginger fur was clean as it ever was. 

While they waited for Vixenstar, Hazelpelt constantly hissed to her kits to hold still. Sandkit noticed Leopardspots and Lilykit stepping out of the medicine den together. Lilykit had spent a lot of her time with him as of late; she wasn't as much fun to play with anymore. She gave Maplekit and Sandkit envious looks. 

Then Rookkit and Troutkit tumbled out of the nursery, followed by Littlebrook. Sandkit saw Troutkit's twitching tail and fought back the urge to leap on it. 

"You're going to be an apprentice today," said Rookkit to Sandkit, sitting on her other side. 

"I'll teach you everything I learn," she promised. The Clan was milling around the camp, occasionally sneaking looks at the two kits. 

"Really? Promise?" the moon-younger tom-kit mewed excitedly. Even though he was a moon younger than her, he was almost her size already.

"Of course!" she purred. Then, her attention was taken away from her best friend as Sageriver leaped up onto the Tallrock.

"Let all cats old enough to leave the nursery join here beneath the Tallrock for a Clan meeting!" the deputy yowled. Sandkit wondered why Vixenstar wasn't doing this; after all, the orange she-cat was the leader of StreamClan, not Sageriver.

"Today, two young kits will be made into apprentices." No one was really listening to her, though. A ripple of uneasiness ran through the crowd of gathered cats. Where was Vixenstar? "Sandkit and Maplekit, please step forward." 

"Where's Vixenstar?" demanded Flintriver, standing up and glaring at Sageriver. 

"Currently unable to perform the ceremony," the deputy mewed. "Sandkit, from this moment until you get your warrior name you will be known as Sandpaw. Thistledusk, you are a strong and valiant warrior, and I believe you are ready to take on an apprentice. Do your best to pass on the training you obtained from your mentor to Sandpaw."

Thistledusk stepped forward, touching noses with Sandpaw. His nose was cold, and he was so much bigger than her! Sandpaw felt slightly frightened, but knew he would be a good mentor.

"Maplekit, from this moment until you get your warrior name you will be known as Maplepaw. Chestnutleap, you are a loyal and brave warrior, and I believe you will do your best to pass on all your knowledge to Maplepaw." Maplepaw bounced up to the chestnut tom and touched noses with him.

"Sandpaw! Maplepaw!" the Clan called joyously. Rookkit and Troutkit called loudest of all. Lilykit looked a little uncomfortable, but still cheered with the rest of the cats. 

Sageriver leaped off the Tallrock and stepped into the crowd. "All right, Blossomleap, take Fireflower and Mothshadow hunting. Mothshadow, bring Duskpaw." The calico she-cat nodded and gathered the cats mentioned. They set out. As Sageriver went on to set a border patrol, Sandpaw wandered away and bumped into Thistledusk.

"Leopardspots needs herbs, so I offered to go herb collecting. Seeing as you are my apprentice, I suppose you're coming with me," her mentor mewed briskly. "Come on, no time for dawdling." And with that, he swept out of camp, Sandpaw breaking into a lope to catch up with him.

"Where are we going?" she asked eagerly, trotting beside the larger warrior with her tail waving in the air.

"Twolegplace. It's getting near leaf-bare, so we need catmint to treat greencough and whitecough."

"Twolegplace, Thistledusk? Is that safe?" Brindlepad was right behind them. "Sandpaw's only been an apprentice for a few minutes. Twolegplace is right on the SunClan border!"

"I can do whatever I want with my apprentice, Brindlepad. She isn't yours," Thistledusk hissed at the younger she-cat. Sandpaw felt dismayed. He's talking about me as if I'm an object! 

"I'm coming with you, then. There's no rule against it," the light brown she-cat sniffed, stepping up on Sandpaw's other side. They trotted for a long while, Sandpaw admiring everything in the territory along the way. Soon, through the trees, she glimpsed a large, blocky thing with a low thing encircling it, looking like it was made out of weird-looking trees.

"Is that Twolegplace?" Sandpaw asked Brindlepad, deciding that the she-cat was the nicer of the two warriors.

"Yes." They padded up to it.

"Are there Twolegs here?" she asked worriedly.

"Yes, but they aren't home. You can tell because the big red monster isn't here," Brindlepad explained. "It's safe." Thistledusk leaped up onto the strange tree-things, and disappeared on the other side. "Get up onto the fence." The light-brown cat leaped up onto the 'fence'. 

Doubtful, Sandpaw followed, seeing a bunch of neatly trimmed plants. Thistledusk was picking some stems of a greenish plant in his jaws, and Brindlepad joined him. 

"This is catmint," the tom meowed gruffly past the stalks. "Don't just stand there like a mouse-brain, grab some!" She hurried to snap off stems of the plant with her teeth.

"We have enough. Let's go," Brindlepad mewed, leaping over the fence. Not wanting to be last, Sandpaw followed, and Thistledusk came behind her. They began trotting into the forest, and a few minutes later, she heard Twoleg voices and the growl of a monster, dreading to imagine what would have happened if they had stayed a little longer.

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Beluga

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

BELUGA

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Is Vixenstar dead? *anticipates Sagestar already*

• Posted at:

-Nocturnal-

Wielder of Darkness

-Snape

#ProudSlytherin

#SupportPeri

Arabon (Flipside)

Hindsight (Mutant Wolf)

Salt Lake (Thief)

Ammos (Animus Prince)

Viperfish (SeaWing)

Darkshore (Hybrid)

Flip (Desk Dragon)

Nope. I'm not pulling a Frostwhisker's Destiny and killing off the leader that quickly. Sageriver's gonna have to wait a while.

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

beluga

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Awesome! I can't wait for more.

• Posted at:

SPIRIT

Queen of Curiosity

You want weapons? Were in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!the Doctor

Ravenclaw

sort of active

you have no control who lives, who dies, who tells your story

#Remember Hurricane

BELUGA

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

I don't care if no one's reading this. -3-

Up In Smoke: Chapter Three

Sandpaw licked down her fur, which had become matted and tangled throughout the day. Thistledusk had kept her constantly working. That day, she had collected catmint, changed the elders' bedding, pulled ticks out of the elders' fur, and helped Leopardspots sort herbs. That last one was confusing, not because of the herbs, but because Lilykit came in and kept insisting that Sandpaw leave because she didn't know anything about medicine. However, when Sandpaw tried to leave, Thistledusk stopped her and reprimanded her for neglecting her task. She settled down, sitting by the fresh-kill pile to eat a mouse, her first food since that morning. Then, Chestnutleap came in with Maplepaw, who was proudly carrying a fat squirrel in her jaws as she trotted forward. Troutkit tumbled out of the nursery and ran up to her.

"Did you catch that?" he asked excitedly. 

"Of course!" Maplepaw mewed boastfully. Sandpaw kept her head down, busying herself with her dinner. The sun was rapidly descending below the horizon, and the sky was darkening.

"Really?" Hazelpelt, who had had her first day back as a warrior, meowed.

"Yes!" Sandpaw's sister pretended to look hurt. "I'm so sad you don't believe in me." Then Maplepaw came over to Sandpaw, and her heart plummeted. She hadn't done anything worthwhile. "What did you do today?"

"Collected herbs, helped the elders, helped Leopardspots..." she muttered.

"Oh. That's boring. I caught a squirrel!" she bragged. Sandpaw sighed. 

"Good for you." Maplepaw looked angry for a moment that Sandpaw didn't care, then shrugged and went up to Blossomleap to go boast to her.

Rookkit sidled in beside Sandpaw. "Don't be mad. You helped out the Clan more than she did."

"She's acting like she's leader already. She's only had one day as an apprentice!"

"I'm sure that when you get your turn to hunt, you'll be loads better than her." The 5-moon-old kit rested the tip of his tail on her shoulder. Sandpaw felt like she was a kit again, having had a spat with Maplepaw over who got to be leader in their game.

"All right."

"Tell me about your day!" His face brightened.

"Okay. So I collected catmint at Twolegplace with Thistledusk, and Brindlepad said it was safe because the Twolegs weren't home, but get this, they came home, like, less than a minute after we got out of there! It was so close, we could have nearly died!" Okay, so she was exaggerating, but still. It sounded much more exciting that way. "And then we made it back to camp and gave the catmint to Leopardspots, and we said it had better be worth risking three Clanmates' lives, and I cleaned the elders out, and they told me a story about how I was named after Sandstar, the second ever leader of StreamClan. I bet I'll be a better leader than she was!" Rookkit looked enraptured. "And then I went to the medicine den to help Leopardspots sort herbs, and Lilykit came in and got all huffy with me over how I wasn't a medicine cat, and we nearly fought with teeth and claws, but Leopardspots stopped us!" She was enjoying this exaggerating business.

"So that's where Lilykit was all day!" Rookkit nodded, as if he understood now. "I wonder why she wanted to sort herbs. That's boring medicine stuff."

"She's weird." Sandpaw shrugged. "I'm gonna go check out the apprentices' den. See you later!" She waved to him with her tail as she turned, entering the den, which was woven from ferns and twigs. There were around ten nests, and Duskpaw was sitting in the one in the center. The one next to his looked like it was being used too.

"You're in the last nest." He flicked his tail to the last nest in the spiral. "Featherpaw's next to me. As you get older, you move up a nest or two. Maplepaw's nest is the one next to yours." Sandpaw decided she would sleep. Curling up in her designated nest, she lay her head on her paws. Duskpaw didn't seem to be sleeping; she wondered what he was waiting for. Maybe he couldn't sleep? Sandpaw pretended to sleep, but kept her eyes open just a tiny bit, watching the older tom to see what he was doing. She couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, so she decided just to try and sleep. The moon was out now, hanging above the camp as the cats began to sleep. Featherpaw curled up next to Duskpaw and fell asleep nearly instantly, and finally Maplepaw trotted in, beginning to curl up in the nest next to Featherpaw, until Duskpaw growled, "You're next to Sandpaw." Flashing him an annoyed look, Sandpaw's sister lay down with a great humph next to her. Finally, all was quiet, and Sandpaw drifted into sleep after her first day of work.

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

THIS IS SO GOOD DO MORE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

• Posted at:

Call me Gryffin

FORUM FIREFIGHTER

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

FORUM BRO

CFI LEVEL 4

AV VITALITY PROXY

✡PROUD JEW✡

Nosebleed King

#3Musketeers

#BROSQUAD

REMEMBER ANGEL

LOVE IT YO

I'm assuming Sandpaw's the main character.

• Posted at:

wild/spades

joined july 2nd, 2016

approximate star count: 5400

don't let the memories of this place die

Nightmare! I'm reading this! -.- Also, I love the fact that Duskpaw put Maplepaw in her place. XD

• Posted at:

-Nocturnal-

Wielder of Darkness

-Snape

#ProudSlytherin

#SupportPeri

Arabon (Flipside)

Hindsight (Mutant Wolf)

Salt Lake (Thief)

Ammos (Animus Prince)

Viperfish (SeaWing)

Darkshore (Hybrid)

Flip (Desk Dragon)

@Wild: Yes. :3 but there are two other cats with destinies, remember

@Nocturnal: Duskpaw puts everyone in their place. XD

Up In Smoke: Chapter Four

Sandpaw yawned, blinking her bright green eyes open sleepily. Finally, a day when Maplepaw wasn't pestering her! Speaking of which, where was Maplepaw? The nest beside Sandpaw was empty. Duskpaw was there, but Featherpaw wasn't. What was going on? Sandpaw racked her brains for an explanation, but could think of none. Realizing she was terribly hungry, she sat up in her nest, using her tongue to lick her pelt until it was silky soft and neat. Glancing at Duskpaw, she stood and padded out into camp. She wondered what Thistledusk would do with her today. 

"You're up," her mentor growled. "Finally."

Sandpaw ignored the moody warrior and looked around for Maplepaw and Featherpaw. 

"Chestnutleap and Jaggedsight took Maplepaw and Featherpaw on dawn patrol." It was Brindlepad again. The young she-cat was so nice to her. Sandpaw was dreading when she would have to be alone with Thistledusk. 

"Oh. All right," she mewed, settling down by the fresh-kill pile to eat a mouse.

"Hurry up and finish that. We've got work to do," Thistledusk growled, and Sandpaw ate twice as fast as before, realizing she would probably get a bellyache from eating too fast. "I'm taking you around the territory today."

"Duskpaw needs something to do," mewed Mothshadow. "I think he's getting bored. Could we come with you?" Sandpaw internally sighed with relief; she wouldn't be alone with Thistledusk today.

"Fine," the brown-and-white warrior grudgingly obliged. "Sandypaw, go wake Duskpaw up."

"Um, it's Sandpaw..." she corrected him timidly.

"Just do it." She turned and stepped back into the den, her eyes resting on the sleeping dusky brown tom. She stepped up to him lightly, prodding him with a paw.

"Go away, Featherpaw," he grumbled.

"It's Sandpaw. We're touring the territory, and Mothshadow thought you might like to come."

"Fine," Duskpaw mewed, sitting up and giving his fur a couple of quick licks before following her.

"Let's go." Thistledusk was nearly out of camp already, and Sandpaw had to catch up again. They strolled out into the woods, where golden sunlight shone down past the gently rustling leaves overhead, heating Sandpaw's pelt comfortably. However, they didn't go right, like yesterday. She figured they weren't going to Twolegplace. After about fifteen minutes of trotting along, the party of four arrived at a crater, where a huge tree was growing right in the center. The stream on the far left side of StreamClan territory splashed down gently into the crater, spilling into a pool at the bottom, surrounding the tree. The water was clear and shining. Sandpaw gazed out over the crater. On her slight left, there were large fields of tall grass and beautiful flowers interspersed with a few small glades of trees. On her right, there was a single huge mountain seeming like it reached all the way to StarClan. That mountain was to the east, and so the sun rose over it every morning. The huge mountain was capped with white snow all year round, usually. Sandpaw could see caves near the bottom where another Clan lived. 

"To the left is DewClan, and to the right is SunClan," Mothshadow mewed. Right now, the sun was just above the peak of the mountain, and a few fluffy white clouds continually rolled in the sky, forming different shapes every minute. "Down in the crater is the Echo-Tree. That's where we hold Gatherings. It's rumored that if you sit on top of the highest branch, you can hear the voices of StarClan cats. Also, that pool down there is called the Connection Pool, because you go there to be able to speak with StarClan. In leaf-bare, it freezes over, but you can still use it to communicate."

"Wow," Sandpaw breathed. Their territories were beautiful. "Can we go down there now?"

"No." Mothshadow shook her head. "That's only for Gatherings and medicine cats. Also, every apprentice must speak with StarClan there on the night they are made a warrior. Besides, it's daytime now, you wouldn't be able to connect with our ancestors even if you tried."

Sandpaw's tail drooped a little. "Oh."

"How about we go to the DewClan border now? You've already been to the one with SunClan, at least you were pretty close," Duskpaw's mentor mewed.

"All right, let's go. We don't have all day," Thistledusk growled, pushing to the front of the group. They walked along the edge of the crater until they made it to the bubbling stream. Sandpaw could smell a flowery, pungent scent across the other side.

"That's DewClan. They smell a world better than SunClan," Duskpaw mewed. Wow, he talked to me. I was thinking he was mute, Sandpaw thought sarcastically to herself. 

"They're cowardly, though. They hardly ever fight. We could probably move the border a yard into their territory and they wouldn't mind," scoffed Thistledusk. Just then, a reddish-orange pelt flashed, and a pair of yellow eyes glanced at the group out of a thick glade of birch trees, only to be gone in a flurry of movement a couple moments later.

"They heard you," Mothshadow warned.

"So what? They're not coming to fight us, are they? Stop telling me off like I'm a kit," Thistledusk hissed to the she-cat. Mothshadow just shook her head. The party continued on, touching briefly on the SunClan border; they smelled like birds and rocks. Like Duskpaw had said, a lot less pleasant than DewClan. They made it back to camp, where Willownose had a cough; Leopardspots was showing Lilykit how to treat it. She's not a medicine cat! Why does she keep hanging out with Leopardspots?! Sandpaw flicked an ear, annoyed. 

"Go ask Littlebrook if you can help her with her kits," Thistledusk ordered, disappearing into the warriors' den. Sighing, Sandpaw entered the nursery, ready to tell Rookkit all about her adventures.

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

heh let's just say this fanfic is my 3900 star celebration because I don't feel like doing anything else

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Yaay three more for meeeee to reeeaaaaaad.

Love it.

• Posted at:

#RememberTheLost

This is great so far.

• Posted at:

I am a Magic Kitten!

My nickname is Magic

"Everyone should suddenly have the air turn into seven bright purple dragons yelling hysterically whenever she gets attacked." -Tsunami

I ALREADY SHIP HER WITH DUSKPAW AND ROOKKIT

I HAVE A DISEASE

• Posted at:

Call me Gryffin

FORUM FIREFIGHTER

FORUM BRO

CFI LEVEL 4

AV VITALITY PROXY

✡PROUD JEW✡

Nosebleed King

#3Musketeers

#BROSQUAD

REMEMBER ANGEL

Up In Smoke: Chapter Five

"Sandpaw, get up, stupid mouse-brain!" Maplepaw yowled in her ear, and she felt a sharp prod from her paw. Groaning, Sandpaw blinked her eyes open.

"Go away."

"Fine by me. We're supposed to be learning a battle move today, but I'm fine with it if you don't want to come," her sister mewed, turning and padding away. "I only woke you up because Chestnutleap asked me to."

"I'm coming," Sandpaw snapped, standing up and smoothing down her fur with a quick tongue bath. When she stepped out into camp. Thistledusk was right there, eyes locked on her, as always.

"I want you up at dawn every morning, Sandpaw. No more of this kitlike sleeping late business. Since you were so late, you don't get to eat until we get back," her mentor growled. When Sandpaw opened her mouth to argue, he added, "And if you talk back, you won't eat anything for the entire day." Sandpaw closed her jaws with an audible snap. Maplepaw was eating a thrush beside her, and Sandpaw felt like she was eating extra loud just to taunt her. She flattened her ears to her skull.

"Hurry up!" Chestnutleap called. Maplepaw finished her thrush and bounded after him, while Sandpaw stalked a few paces behind Thistledusk, still seething with anger.

Soon, they arrived in a large clearing that could fit many cats. The grass was short and mostly dead, and some patches of firm dirt were exposed. There were many pawprints in the exposed soil, some large, some small.

"Today, we're teaching you the front paw swipe. Chestnutleap, demonstrate on me," Thistledusk instructed. The younger brown tom nodded, backed up a small step, then jumped forward, lashing out speedily with his left paw, connecting solidly with Sandpaw's mentor's cheek. "You try now." Sandpaw turned to Maplepaw and promptly got a swipe over the ear, which added to her anger. Maplepaw had attacked before she was ready!

"Maplepaw, aim more for her face, and wait until she's ready," Chestnutleap advised his apprentice. Maplepaw looked like she was ready to attack again, but Sandpaw jumped first, her paw connecting just below her sister's ear. Maplepaw narrowed her eyes, promptly attacking again, but Sandpaw's instinctive reflexes kicked in, and she clumsily threw herself to the side. Maplepaw missed, but Sandpaw lost her balance and fell flat on her face in the dirt. Disgruntled, she stood up. 

"Try to stay on your paws next time," Thistledusk said coldly. 

"Maplepaw, if she dodges, attack her again," Chestnutleap mewed. "We're trying to make this as much like a real battle as possible." The apprentices faced each other again. Sandpaw leaped first. Maplepaw slid smoothly to the side, and Sandpaw felt a hard hit to her shoulder. She whirled on her heel, finding Maplepaw in her face, and used her full power to slam a paw into her cheek. Her sister stumbled, eyes narrowed. Sandpaw noticed her claws were unsheathed and digging into the ground. Would she use those on her own sister?

Maplepaw leaped, slicing her unsheathed claws over Sandpaw's nose. She gasped, stumbling, as blood dripped down her muzzle. The cut stung badly.

"MAPLEPAW!" Chestnutleap called sharply. "Go back to camp right now, and you're helping Leopardspots with everything he needs for the rest of the day!" Sullen-looking, Maplepaw glared at Sandpaw before stalking away into the forest. Her claws were stained with Sandpaw's blood. 

"Come on, Sandpaw. We can't have that cut getting infected, so we'll go back to camp for cobwebs from Leopardspots," Thistledusk ordered, following Chestnutleap and Maplepaw back. When they stepped back in, Rookkit, who was out in the middle of camp, tumbled over to her.

"Did you get in a fight? What happened?" he asked, gazing in horror at her bleeding cut.

"Maplepaw cut me," she muttered. "She wasn't supposed to, it was a training battle."

"Go to Leopardspots right away!" he meowed, nudging Sandpaw towards the medicine den. Sighing, she went up to the golden tom. 

"Maplepaw cut me. I need cobwebs," she explained.

"Right away." Leopardspots grabbed a pawful of cobwebs, licking Sandpaw's cut clean before plastering them on. "Good to go."

"Thanks," Sandpaw meowed, but she didn't feel good to go at all.

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Oooh, I can already anticipate Sandpaw and Maplepaw are going to arch nemisis.

WAIT A SECOND.

NIGHTMARE.

SANDFOX...

MAPLEDAWN...

TREECLAN. 

OMG.

• Posted at:

#RememberTheLost

no no Cindering hush no quiet

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

beluga

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

beluga

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

THISTLEDUSK IS EVIL! (Or at least, I see him becoming evil) Also, I sense a bit of a Speckledpaw (forgive me if I get this name wrong) and Lightpaw vibe between Maplepaw and Sandpaw? 

One last thing...IT IS A DISEASE! I ship Sandrook? Or is it Rooksand? XD

• Posted at:

-Nocturnal-

Wielder of Darkness

-Snape

#ProudSlytherin

#SupportPeri

Arabon (Flipside)

Hindsight (Mutant Wolf)

Salt Lake (Thief)

Ammos (Animus Prince)

Viperfish (SeaWing)

Darkshore (Hybrid)

Flip (Desk Dragon)

I haven't yet decided what to do with Thistledusk. He's... interesting.

I don't think the Maplepaw/Sandpaw relationship will be quite as vicious and bully-ish as the Specklepaw/Lightpaw one.

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

beluga (I swear this thread is at least 80% belugas)

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

cool! :D

• Posted at:

It’s the hydra fellow

#furryrightsactivist

#endpitbullracism

#blicket

“Boi” is a gender neutral term

star count:  14400 (+589)

page count:  242

Up In Smoke: Chapter Six

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join here beneath the Tallrock for a Clan meeting!" called Vixenstar, her voice shaky. Whatever it was that disabled her to have performed Sandpaw and Maplepaw's apprentice ceremonies wasnt affecting her now, apparently. The leader still did look like she was aging, though. 

Sandpaw was already awake; up at dawn every morning for the past moon, like Thistledusk had said. Maplepaw got to sleep in. The cut from Maplepaw was healed, and the fur grown back. Sandpaw looked up from her mouse to watch the orange-and-white leader.

"Lilykit, Rookkit, and Troutkit, please... step forward." Sandpaw caught her best friend's eye as he stepped up to Vixenstar, practically glowing with joy. "Troutkit, from this moment on, you will be known as Troutpaw. Flintriver, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You will be an excellent mentor to Troutpaw. Flintriver, you have shown yourself to be a smart and thoughtful warrior. Do all that you can to pass on what you know down to Troutpaw." 

The Clan watched, and Littlebrook shone with pride at her kits being made apprentices.

"Rookkit, from this moment on, you will be known as Rookpaw. Blossomleap, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You will be a wonderful mentor to Rookpaw. Blossomleap, you have shown yourself to be a strong and loyal warrior. Do all that you can to pass on what you know down to Rookpaw." 

Sandpaw could hardly keep herself from cheering Rookpaw's name right then and there. They would be apprentices together!

"Lilykit, from this moment on, you will be known as Lilypaw. Leopardspots, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You will be a good mentor to Lilypaw. Do all that you can to pass on what you know down to her." A ripple of uneasiness moved through the crowd, but no cat seemed more outraged than Troutpaw, Rookpaw, or Sandpaw. A medicine apprentice?! What's she getting herself into? I thought we could be warriors together!

"Troutpaw! Rookpaw! Lilypaw!" cheered the crowd below the Tallrock.

Vixenstar dismissed the Clan, and Sageriver began setting patrols. Lilypaw disappeared into the medicine den with Leopardspots before anyone could talk to her.

Rookpaw bounded up to Sandpaw.

"Congratulations," she mewed. 

"Thanks! We'll finally be able to train together!" he purred.

"Rookpaw! Come on, we're going around the territory with Troutpaw and Flintriver!" Blossomleap called. 

"I guess I'd better go," he meowed, bounding off after his mentor. Sandpaw sat down with a dull thud.

"Sandpaw, stop dawdling! Go help Duskpaw clean the elders' bedding," Thistledusk ordered. Sandpaw sighed, standing up again and dashing off to the den where Russettail and Sootleaf resided.

She worked side by side with Duskpaw in silence for a while, while the elders rested.

"So, Sandpaw," said Duskpaw finally, "what do you think about apprenticeship?"

"Thistledusk is hard on me," she replied, "but he's teaching me a lot of stuff."

"Yeah," he mewed sympathetically, "I heard he's the hardest mentor, but I think Sageriver would probably be harder." This was most likely the longest conversation Sandpaw had ever had with Duskpaw. 

"She seems pretty tough. What do you think was wrong with Vixenstar during my apprentice ceremony?" she asked, curious for the older tom's input to the situation. 

"I'm not sure. Maybe Sageriver was just practicing for when she becomes Sagestar," he growled. 

"That's pretty likely, actually," Sandpaw remarked.

"You shouldn't gossip about your deputy," grumbled Russettail, opening one eye. Sandpaw pulled out a large clump of dirty bedding from his nest, pressing it on the heap. 

"Let them, I like to hear what's going on. No one tells me anything," Sootleaf objected.

"Did anyone tell you about what happened at the SunClan border two days ago?" Duskpaw asked, yanking out a ball of dirty bedding.

"No," Sandpaw replied, puzzled. "What happened?"

"We were patrolling- Mothshadow, Fireflower, Bouldershade and I- on the SunClan border, when we ran into a patrol, with Seedfoot leading it. We tried to continue patrolling, but they just kept watching us, and then Seedfoot said, 'You won't be here soon.' It was really weird, and we think they're planning to attack us, or at least move the border."

"Wow. So I might fight in my first battle soon?" Sandpaw questioned. That seemed like a scary prospect. 

"Probably. I might be a warrior early if I do really well in it," the apprentice mewed. "Well, Featherpaw and I."

I wish I was as close to Maplepaw as he is to Featherpaw...

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

1 , , 3 , 4 , 5