Random question, I know, but it's a good one, no?

Think about it; The tribes always fight over whose the strongest, but which of Pyrrhia's tribes would win if one dragon from every tribe was thrown into an arena?

Here are some rules:

1: NO animus powers!

2: NO weapons other than natural defences(Veom, fire, etc...)

3: Dragons have to be full grown, as in 7 years.

4: The battle takes place on top of Jade Mountain, so everyone has a fair advantage.

5: The Night Wing has both mind reading and futcher seeing, since that's technically a natural power.

6: HAVE FUN, FELLOW FAN WINGS! 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Greetings!

I am Crystal, the daughter of Queen Midnight!

Crystal is my WoF OC, and she's a NightWing!!!!!

That depends.

• Posted at:

DOGGY

Cutepuppy907 

CLAYNAMI FOREVER!!!!

94% of people  think  wolves  are  evil  and  viscious  creatures  but  please  copy  and  paste to  your  signature  if  your  one  of  the 6%  that  find  wolves  shy  and  loveable  creatures.

I, personaily, vote for the NightWing.

I mean, mind reading.

THEY'LL FORESEE THE OTHER TRIBES ATTACKS!!!

Unless, one of the other dragons know about Sky Fire 0__0

• Posted at:

Greetings!

Depends on what?

C'mon, ya can't just say that.

That's like saying "I wonder that, too." 

I posted this cause I was ASKING you guys!!!!!

So, for the love of moons, please give me your opinion!!

I'm sorry, I had a long, LONG week!!!!

• Posted at:

Greetings!

futcher

FUTCHER

FUTCHER????????

yeah, something to think about...  also, you misspelled "future"...

• Posted at:

It’s the hydra fellow

#furryrightsactivist

#endpitbullracism

#blicket

“Boi” is a gender neutral term

star count:  14400 (+589)

page count:  242

It still depends on different factors. The experience of the seven. The mental blocking of the non-NightWings. Whether they're physically and mentally healthy or not. Their gender (in this case, females would most likely have the advantage), their scales thickness, their claw sharpness, what they ate for breakfast, how well the NightWing can read minds and see the future, etc.

Though, I must say that if it's on top of Jade Montain, the SkyWing would have the advantage, since they are used to mountains and the hazards (strong winds, steep cliffs, hard surfaces, etc.) and the benefits (lots of takeoff space, rocks for weapons, caves if you are flyng).

• Posted at:

Sage of the Universe, Giver of Writing Advice

I'll respect your opinion as long as your opinion doesn't disrespect anyone else's life

LONG LIVE ANARCHY, DESTROY YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT, AND BE CAREFUL: SERPENTINE IS 100% SALT

/318748

I'm bad at spelling, alright?

Geez, I thought the WoF Wiki was a nice, no-hate place where I could get away with spelling a few words wrong!!

I'M SORRY, OKAY??!!

• Posted at:

Greetings!

"What they had for breakfast?" What...?

Also: 

I chose Jade Mountain for the fight because it's in the middle of Pyrrhia, and I couldn't think of another place where every tribe could, most likely, have a fair chance.

As for experience, I like to think that they're all half-way decent fighters(Even the RainWing)

Also, I like to think the the NIghtWing's powers are the same as Moon's, not as powerful as Darkstalker's or anything.

As for blocking the power, huh...

Maybe...?

Let's just say they can't...... 

• Posted at:

Greetings!

-The SeaWing would be the first down--being away from the ocean would negate their powers. Probably taken down by the SandWing.

-The MudWing would be next to go. The SkyWing would kill them.

-The SkyWing would die next--they would have been flying rings around the others, but their attack on the MudWing would leave them open to the SandWing or the RainWing.

-By this point, our SandWing would have several frostbreath wounds, none deadly. He would agree with the NightWing to team up and take down the IceWing. They win.

-The SandWing, of course, betrays the NightWing as soon as the IceWing is dead, but the NightWing is anticipating it through future sight, and brings them within venom range of the currently-invisible RainWing. SandWing is dead.

-Thus ensues a long chase between the mindreader and their invisible assailant. The NightWing evades the RainWing for a long time, but eventually tires from their many wounds, and the RainWing dispatches them with venom.

Rankings:

RainWing

NightWing

SandWing

IceWing

SkyWing

MudWing

SeaWing

Of course, things would be different in a different habitat, or if we had them in smaller groups.

• Posted at:

Such is the path of a dreamer: I find my way by moonlight.

~Oncilla~

Queen of Non SequiturBookwyrmsPangolinsand Bones

Trash Squad, WerewolfGASTER FOLLOWER

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

WoFMBer Dec. 2014-Mar. 2019

Gosh, why do you have to take everything so seriously?

... apparently a mild half-joke is cause for flaming.

But yes.  I think a specially-prepared island, with a bit of habitat for every tribe, would be better.  Do you mind if I make an RP about this?

• Posted at:

It’s the hydra fellow

#furryrightsactivist

#endpitbullracism

#blicket

My...

My moons....

That was.....um......

"Very scientific, MatPat, is that you, buddy...?"

• Posted at:

Greetings!

1. This is not a wiki

2. Not really any hate here, pretty nice too

3. It's just a rather large spelling error that was noticed, no need to be angry.

• Posted at:

I am a Magic Kitten!

My nickname is Magic

"Everyone should suddenly have the air turn into seven bright purple dragons yelling hysterically whenever she gets attacked." -Tsunami

Yeah, I think RainWings would win.

• Posted at:

Cervidae

Hit or miss, I Guess she took the kids huh? 

Now I'm crying don't have no will to live, yuh

Gonna get in my car and drive off of a bridge, uh

Becky please come back :(((

Well... 

The rainwing would probably die first because rainwings don't like to fight and use their venom.

The seawings would go next because they aren't near the water but they would put up a fight.

Nightwings, because they aren't that experienced with fighting even though they can see the future it isn't an instant future and their minds would be flooded from the thoughts of other dragons distracting them.

The skywing, icewing, and sandwing would fight eachother, the skywing injures both the sandwing but gets stabbed by the sandwing.

The sandwing would try to fight the sandwing, but would get the end of it's tail frozen rendering it useless.

The icewing would strike the sandwing killing it.

Then the Mudwing and the icewing would fight to the death. 

It would be a tie between the two, the icewings have strict military experience, and the mudwings are very good fighters and are very strong and resilient.

• Posted at:

°.•○|~|Blizzy|~|°.•○Quidelever  

#Marvel

#Classic Rock

"PaINt iT bLAcK"

°.•○S P A C E  O D D I T Y○•.

Truthfully it depends on a lot of factors. The dragons personality, their knowledge of fighting, what their life was like, if they have any formal training, what their good at and what their bad at, etc. Without any of this knowledge it becomes real hard to predict which one would win. And since their use of powers depends on what they know it becomes really hard to predict what would happen because we know nothing about the situation or dragons. Desperation can change a lot after all. 

If you want my opinion on who would win this though... it's a tie between the Skywing and Icewing. These two seem the most likely to win with the information given. Both of them are militaristic tribes (I'm assuming this is in the JMA era) that focus heavily on fighting. 

The Icewing has the advantage of having frostbreath, which has been shown to be extremely deadly, and the advantage of most likely having gone through tougher things due to them being an Icewing. This is speculation of course. 

The Skywing has the advantage of not having to be heated up to use their flames as well as their strong wings. This is especially good given the terrain their in. The fact that they also most likely have training also helps.

A good fighter would be able to get around the Nightwing's mind reading and the future telling wouldn't be much of a problem because it only shows some futures (Normally. Clearsight was an exception if I gather correctly) and pops up randomly. 

• Posted at:

~Amarok~

I pop in every now and then

"Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember me by." 

"Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

They'd bore the other dragons to death..

By the way.

only ONE dragon from each tribe, guys.

• Posted at:

Greetings!

I'm sorry for my outburst...

Also: If RP stands for "Role-Play", then SWEET MOONS ABOVE, YES!!!!

Just.......Ya know.....stick to the rules......

• Posted at:

Greetings!

Uh.........I thought this was the "Officeal, sponsored and controlled by Scholastic WoF Wiki, but ok...."

Also: I'm SORRY, I'VE HAD A LONG WEEK!!!!!!  

• Posted at:

Greetings!

@Crystal, you saved yourself with that reference.

• Posted at:

It’s the hydra fellow

#furryrightsactivist

#endpitbullracism

#blicket

One.

Dragon.

Per.

T R I B E  O K A Y ? ? ? ?

• Posted at:

Greetings!

Um...

Thanks...?

What reference?

Did......Did I reference something without even knowing....?

I'm confused.....

And hungry.....

I should go get a snack, BE RIGHT BACK, GUYS!!!

• Posted at:

Greetings!

If your talking about my post, it is only one dragon from each tribe, but because I'm making generalizations about the entire tribe, I'm using plural nouns. If you read you'll see I said either the Skywing or Icewing would win. Yes, I used plural in most of the rest of the post, but that was because I was talking about a tribe of dragons to make generalizations on one dragon from that tribe. If your not talking about my post than feel free to ignore this all you want. 

• Posted at:

~Amarok~

I pop in every now and then

"Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember me by." 

"Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Rethinking, if the dragons are at equal skill and health level, the SkyWing would win. Because they are a mountain tribe and the fight is taking place at the top of a mountain.

• Posted at:

I'll respect your opinion as long as your opinion doesn't disrespect anyone else's life

LONG LIVE ANARCHY, DESTROY YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT, AND BE CAREFUL: SERPENTINE IS 100% SALT

/318748

Oh, okay...

• Posted at:

Greetings!

- The IceWing would probably be first to go, because of the firebreathers.

- Next would be the SeaWing, most likely taken down by the MudWing.

- Then, the NightWing would have seen an attack by the SandWing, so they'd kill the SandWing with fire.

- The MudWing would probably be taken down by the SkyWing.

- The SkyWing would then try and take the NightWing down.

- Now it's the SkyWing and the RainWing- since the SkyWing would technically be faster, they'd take down the RainWing, yet suffer an injury from the RainWing.

That's how I see it.

• Posted at:

wild/spades

joined july 2nd, 2016

approximate star count: 5400

don't let the memories of this place die

Everybody here is pretty wrong, except Sage and maybe Doggy. This would be a much more accurate way, as it really depends:

RAINWINGS

- If it were Jatropha, she would win or die last. She is an amazingly skilled fighter, and uses her venom whenever necessary. She does call herself "the master of war", after all. If she did die, it would be at the talons of a SkyWing named Hawk [not the canon character].

- If it were Sloth, he'd die first or second. He is a very lazy dragon, but, though he has no fear of using his venom, is not the greatest fighter. He'd be killed by the claws of Hawk or a SeaWing who calls himself Tidalwave. More likely Deathtalon or Metalclaw of the NightWings.

- Moving to Vinewings, she would die either third, fourth, or, more likely, fifth. She, like Jatropha, is a rather talented fighter, but hesitates at the thought of using her venom. If she were to die, it would be a killing by a NightWing named Heathen.

- Birch would either win or die first. She is very unpredictable, and her actions never seem to fit the "middle" category. If she were to eat too many papayas, she would get extremely hyper and be able to either annoy, talk, or jump on her enemy to death. Hawk, practically being her archnemisis, would most definitely be her killer.

SANDWINGS

- Coyote would find himself in a third or fourth placement. He is a good fighter, but he cannot comprehend what is happening around him. If Silver were an evil IceWing [which she isn't], she would kill him with ease.

[finish later]

• Posted at:

I WILL NOT ACCEPT THE DOWNFALL OF MY HOME.

Future, this is one random dragon from the CANNON TRIBES.

• Posted at:

Sorrel

SandWings and RainWings are canon tribes. But Future, I was kinda figuring it irrelevant of personality.

It would probably work best if you could take one dragon and make a version of them in every tribe, and they had no morals.

• Posted at:

Such is the path of a dreamer: I find my way by moonlight.

~Oncilla~

Queen of Non SequiturBookwyrmsPangolinsand Bones

Trash Squad, WerewolfGASTER FOLLOWER

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

WoFMBer Dec. 2014-Mar. 2019

I am pretty sure a WoF dragon can't have 'Wing' at the end of their name, because that's what the tribes have...

• Posted at:

Sorrel

@Sorrel ~ There is a canon NightWing named Strongwings.

• Posted at:

Jadeseeker

{Genderfluid!}

Beauty comes in all forms. It's not just external; it's internal as well. - Alessia Cara

Margay Scattering Auburn Cottontail Gyrfalcon Distance Darkwatcher

@Sorrel: There's also Swiftwings from the book Darkstalker.

I agree that the mountain would give the SkyWing the advantage. But the set-up also really gives the RainWing the advantage. The main weakness of RainWings is that their venom is useless against any inorganic material, which is a serious weakness but not if that's not allowed whatsoever (mabe if you let them have some sort of shield, not overdoing it so it would give a disadvantage to tribes like SeaWings that can't attack as easily through armor because they don't have fire or ice). Sure venom can't kill if it isn't aimed perfectly but even a RainWing with no fighting experience is pretty good at aim and the pain would be crippling - well, except to a MudWing, maybe. MudWings have armored scales and get major amounts of pain resistance from mud - note how when Clay's not touching mud, coming into contact with fire is noted to be just as horribly painful for him as for other dragons, but when he's touching Peril shortly after being healed by mud he doesn't feel anything. Plus those armored scales which might delay the venom's affect. So if there's any mud in the area whatsoever, the MudWing would probably be the only one with a chance to take on the RainWing unarmored. Then again, the MudWing wouldn't be able to see the RainWing that well, without enhanced hearing like the SandWing - who might also be able to detect the RainWing and mount a sneak attack - hitting a dragon's back with their tail would kill instantly. And any strategic or future-seeing dragon would probably purposefully avoid going for the MudWing and SandWing ust so one of them killed the RainWing. If some sort of armor was allowed, the RainWing would still be a serious threat but wouldn't be nearly as overpowered/nearly guaranteed to win. After al, without their venom, they're actually weaker close-range fighters than the other tribes - remember how Glory is noted to be naturally bad at fighting at the beginning of TDP before her venom kicks in? However, if any dragon hits the RainWing it would make a large difference, as any wound would show through the camouflage (Kinkajou's venom scar doesn't camouflage). If the RainWing has any scars from before the battle it would be a huge disadvantage (Though I'm assuming none of the dragons have any scars or old injuries. The RainWing would also be somewhat at risk from the IceWing because their frostbreath has a large range and since RainWings have no internal flame, if the IceWings get any hits in the RainWing will be quickly incapacitated or killed, rather than surviving long enough (i.e Battlewinner) to retaliate.

As for the NightWing, I don't think it's fair to let him have both mind-reading and future sight - Darkstalker implies having one of the two (back when dragons were born under full moons) was common but having two was uncommon, probably as uncommon as a heat-immune MudWing. Multiple heat-immune MudWings were born in one small village within a few years (though MudWings do lay more eggs than any other tribe), which makes me think those two types of dragons probably have about the same rarity, so if one is banned both should be. That means you'd have to choose the power randomly, though, since neither mind-reading or future seeing is stated to be more common than the other. In terms of how these powers would affect the battle, mind-reading would be very helpful since it's rare that dragons are able to mentally block it, especially in the midst of combat. Sucha dragon would probably have to worry most about the SkyWing, since it will be able to move quickly enough to potentially stay one step ahead of the mind-reading. The mind-reading wouldn't give the NightWing a particular advantage against the SkyWing's fire, since the SkyWing makes a hissing sound before they breathe fire anyway, and they could simply try to fake out the NightWing with where they will direct the fire. Of course, NightWings are also implied to have some resistance to heat (Vengeance took far longer to die from the lava than Viper, and Starflight wasn't killed by the volcano right away). As for the future-seeing dragon, this power will be a hindrance if anything in the short term. Having an inconvenient vision in the middle of battle, though unlikely, would pretty much seal the NightWing's fate. In the long term, however, knowing who's most likely to win the battle and how they're most likely to die would be very useful indeed. Though if the other dragons are smart enough, they could make certain deductions from how the NightWing acts and who they attack...

Another note: In regards to the IceWing, the strength of the dragon's fire is very important! Fire that is too weak will do nothing to an IceWing, while stronger fire will incapacitate an IceWing and make it unable to use its frost breath. For example, Clay's fire had no effect on Fjord, and Foeslayer expected her fire to just slow down the IceWings pursuing her. However, when Burn uses fire on some metal and muzzles Hvitur with it she's able to shut down his frostbreath, and Crane successfully breathes fire on IceWings. This seems to vary based on the individual dragon, and it makes a huge difference in how long the IceWing will last. 

And finally, the SeaWings. It's definitely a disadvantage for them for there to be no water - this, along with the armor thing, is part of why I feel there should be a more specialized battlefield with a little for everyone  (some water for the SeaWing, some trees that the RainWing can move quickly in with its prehensile tail, some mud that can heal the MudWing, etc.) But they shouldn't be underestimated. That powerful tail is very useful and could probably knock unconscious at best and at worst kill a dragon that's hit. Yes, Tsunami whacking that SkyWing in the head with her tail didn't knock the dragon unconscious, but Tsunami also managed to knock out a SkyWing later in that book just by punching it, which suggests that she just had a poorly timed hit - or the dragon was more injured than he looked, head injuries can be like that - rather than dragon skulls just being too hard. Speaking of which, SeaWing probably have more powerful arms than other dragons, too, between that punch thing and Coral killing a dragon by knocking her head against a coral reef. The SeaWing would still have the disadvantage simply because they're only threatening in close combat and with no water around, they would be easy to outmaneuver and never let them get that close.Their bioluminescent scales, too (if any SeaWing thought to use them as an attack, since The Lost Heir shows it was unusual for Tsunami to do that), will definitely not be temporarily blinding someone from very far away either. With water, on the other hand, a SeaWing could lie in wait and easily drown someone who gets too close, and would be a very threatening dragon indeed.

With the setting you provided, I'm pretty sure the RainWing would win and the MudWing, SeaWing, and IceWing would likely be the first to die. But it would be much more interesting on a more complicated battlefield...

• Posted at:

I appear to have started a war on the WoF forms....

.....Yay.....?

• Posted at:

Greetings!

Rainwing.

• Posted at:

Call Me Rivulet

Child Of The Stars

Asteroid

ChilOThSun

Instinct

Child Of The Moon

Lilly - My Favorite OC

{❤️ OWLCITY}

#IBelieveInLove

#ISTOLEDRIPPY'SCAR

Forum Lucky Ducky

OMU = OMG

If you think you've started a war, you've clearly never seen a real flame war.

• Posted at:

/318748