The hot desert sand blew over the land, Making the air nothing more than a vortex of swarming silica. A woebegotten metal shack was sitting in this miserable place, half submerged in the sand. Inside, bright, colorful scales were present.

“Are you sure that this is the right decision?” asked a worried voice. A female Rainwing curled in a small ball. Her scales were a pale green, full of worry.

“It has to be.”  He said. The egg sat below them in the sand, shimmering in color.

“What if we are wrong? What if they hatch perfectly normal? Then we can go home immediately and  he will be fine and we won’t have to worry and…” She trailed off, blue eyes hopeful. The male rainwing sighed, dragging his talon through the sand.  

“You know that won’t happen,” He chided gently. “All we can do is hope for the best. I’m sorry, my dear Ok-” He suddenly stopped, and looked down at the egg. It was rocking gently, and it’s shell began to slowly splinter off at the top “It’s hatching!”

?++?

The dark night was suffocating, pressing around Shrike’s and Scoria’s scales. Scoria’s nerves were crumpled into a shuddering ball, but she tried to look calm and collected as she walked through the balmy night. Adorned in gold from head to tail, and simply studded with bright emeralds and sapphires. As an important council member of Queen Scarlet, she could afford as much treasure as she wanted. Her job was to simply create laws under Queen Scarlets approval. While her majesty was opposed to this, she gradually began to agree that Scoria was the right dragon for the job, and she was glad to have her fresh ideas, but mostly glad that she didn’t have to waste valuable time writing up long-winded decrements. She knew that Scoria would never do anything wrong, and she was joyful to have another dragon trapped under her talons. Scoria felt a burning resentment towards the queen well up inside her.  She was just a pawn, a little dragon stuck writing horrible commandments under Scarlets watchful eye. If she ever did something traitorous, her queen was sure to rip out her throat without a second thought. That's what made tonight so dangerous.

“Are you alright, lovely Scoria?” Shrike asked, looking concerned. She immediately smoothed out her face and took up the act of surprise.

“I am quite alright, my amazing Shrike.” She said. “What makes you think otherwise?”

Shrike quickly tried to justify his actions, like she knew he would. For a war general, he seemed quite nervous.

“Nothing, my dearest. I just wanted to make sure that you were feeling ok, with the late night that you stayed up.” He said. He had a valid point. Queen Scarlett had her write a new  declaration. One that would haunt her sleep for nights. One that threatened her own child. As her and Shrike walked in, she looked behind her.

“Oh Guardian, please be safe.” She whispered, and disappeared into the nightmarish palace.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Nimbus

“Don't Kill, and don't be killed.” -Asriel Dreemur

Complete Nerd

Ravenclaw

Shape-shifter

Christian

"Knowledge is a precious resource; Preserve it at all costs."

nice

• Posted at:

A curious case, a reckless infection

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

It's a statewide inspection

*adventurous music*

• Posted at:

I AM DEVASTATION, FORMERLY DREAMER.

HI.

I WANT TO SHOOT A MACHINE GUN SOMEDAY.

@Grif Thank you!

@Devestation Lol nice :)

• Posted at:

Nimbus

Complete Nerd

Ravenclaw

Shape-shifter

Christian

bump

• Posted at:

Nimbus

Complete Nerd

Ravenclaw

Shape-shifter

Christian

Bump

• Posted at:

Nimbus

Complete Nerd

Ravenclaw

Shape-shifter

Christian

Interesting.

• Posted at:

I am a Magic Kitten!

My nickname is Magic

"Everyone should suddenly have the air turn into seven bright purple dragons yelling hysterically whenever she gets attacked." -Tsunami

@Magic Thanks!

• Posted at:

Nimbus

Complete Nerd

Ravenclaw

Shape-shifter

Christian

A figure watched Scoria's long, dark red tail disappear through the entrance. He breathed in and out in huge breaths, as he waited for the next patrol. They rounded the corner, two Skywings clad in armor. Waiting ten seconds after they had left, he darted to the entrance, which Scoria had left open. He looked inside, and seeing no one, melted into the shadows and travelled along the walls. If no one looked directly at him, and if he didn't move when they were looking at them. He should be fine. She SHOULD be fine. Her took in a long, shaky breath and slowly released it, nerves spiking. He skimmed the walls cautiously, carefully listening for any Skywing trodding around the palace. Oh please, oh please don’t be in the claws of a soldier already! He thought frantically. He had to hurry. Looking around the corner, He skittered down the hall. There! The Skywing hatchery! He cautiously rounded the corner, twitching his ears nervously. Three guards stood there, which he quickly and silently knocked out with a Chloroform covered cloth. He dragged the bodies behind the slabs of stone that the pyres sat on, at the far end of the room. Pyres of fire lined the hatchery, warming the eggs inside. Large, arching stone tables where in the room, each with a row of nests. Scoria said that the eggs were sorted by week, with wooden name plates. He thought. He went down the line, until he reached the biggest, most vibrant, eggs that were going to hatch tomorrow. He could spot his eggs immediately, it being exactly as Scoria had described. Small, and with little black freckles around it. Scoria and General Shrike. Was listed on the nameplate. He reached his talons toward the egg, but he was alerted to footsteps and talking. He quickly ducked under the shadowy table, staying at still as possible. Sweat beaded his brow, and he tried to hold is ragged breath. The footsteps grew closer, and he could clearly make out the talking.

“...Queen Scarlet wants these eggs, and fast.” A male voice said.

“Ya. Ever since the break in she-” A feminine voice cut off “Wait. Where are the guards?” Guardian cursed in his head. Why. He thought. He hoped that they didn’t notice the slumping Skywings in the back.

“He heard them whispering.

“We should tell someone…”

“What if they hear us?”

“Did they just wander off?”

“Lets just get the eggs and tell someone. “ One said. He would try to knock them out, but there were too many. All he could do is hold his breathe and wait. He heard their footsteps near, and he saw them searching the nursery. Oh no. Please don’t look in behind the pyres! He shrieked inside his head. He saw amber talons right in front of him, causing his heart to thump erratically. He squeezed his eyes tight.

“The Queen is waiting!” An urgent, sharp shout said. Guardian’s heart melted at the sound of the warm, familiar voice. Scoria. “She told us personally to make sure that you weren't late.”

“Yes, of course, Lawmaker Scoria. I meant no disrespect to our Queen or to you. But we are afraid that there was, or is, an intruder in the hatchery. The guards were not present ”

“Yes, that is because their shift ended, and there is a 30 second break between said shifts. She trusted that you would be on time, and so the hatchery would not be left unguarded. They must have left when they heard you coming.”

“Honey, shouldn't we be aware?” Guardian curled his lips in disgust. Shrike.

“Queen Scarlet is preparing to begin!”A voice called. He could almost feel Shrike considering his options. He decided that he was not to blame if there was an intruder, and as long as he informed someone, he would not be punished. “I will inform someone, but the show must go on.” He said. “Let's bring the eggs.” He heard their feet shuffle, and talons click against the hard eggshell. “Your egg looks amazing, Lawmaker Scoria and General Shrike.” One of the guards said respectfully. “Thank you.” They both said. Guardian felt like laughing, partially from relief and partially because how much of a lie that was. Their egg was puny, and oddly colored for a “Skywing” egg. He felt affection towards it already. He and Scoria had discussed names the night before. “What about Birdwing?” He had said. “A perfect mix of Nightwing and Skywing.” She chuckled. “That name sounds nice.” She said. “But what about… Crow.” She grinned at him. “That's conceited.” He said, ginning, nudging her playfully. “Only your own species.” “She whacked him on the arm, smiling wildly. “But think about it. Crows are birds, yes, but they are black colored, are mysterious, and are very intelligent. Reminds me of someone…” Guardian smiled, remembering the happy memory. He almost missed the last talons trotting out of the room. He quietly slipped behind a mandarin orange Skywing. He was tempted to sigh in relief. The last one was holding his egg. Before they were to farm he curled his talons over the victim's mouth and yanked him around the corner. The procession of Skywings continued. He turned his attention back to the young Skywing, yellow eyes wide and fearful. “Say anything, and i'll kill you.” He said. The dragon nodded. “Give me the egg.” He said. She thrust the egg into his arm. “Sorry about this.” He said, and shoved the cloth over her mouth and nose. He felt her strain, then fall limp. He looked around. No rooms. He picked up the egg and hurried down the hall, leaving the body behind. No time. He cradled the egg carefully in his arms, and gasped in relief as he exited the castle after may close encounters. The night air suddenly free, as he launched  himself into the air. He flied south as fast as he possibly could, keeping a tight grip on his egg. His lungs ached from exertion, but he saw his and Scoria’s meeting place. He looked around to see if anyone was following him. He didn't see a soul. He dived down to the small, plant covered cave, and collapsed on the ground, pulling the egg in tight to his chest. He could almost hear a faint tapping. He smiled down at the maroon egg, and gave it a quick nuzzle. He stared at the emerging light of the sun, bathing the land. “Oh Scoria He thought Please hurry.

• Posted at:

Nimbus

Complete Nerd

Ravenclaw

Shape-shifter

Christian

Whew. VERY close....

• Posted at:

I AM DEVASTATION, FORMERLY DREAMER.

HI.

I WANT TO SHOOT A MACHINE GUN SOMEDAY.

@Devastation Yea, he was internally panicking lol

• Posted at:

Nimbus

Complete Nerd

Ravenclaw

Shape-shifter

Christian

bump

• Posted at:

Nimbus

Complete Nerd

Ravenclaw

Shape-shifter

Christian

Beluga

nebby get in the bag

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Daily Song Quote"i've done all i can think of, chased down all my demons" -pink

Nebby get in the bag RIGHT NOW

• Posted at:

Nimbus

Complete Nerd

Ravenclaw

Shape-shifter

Christian

NEBBY GET IN THAT BAG! I WANT MORE FANFIC

• Posted at:

V E L L I C H O R

he/xe/they  

colourblind~system~anxious  

~fire dances in the moonlight~  

but what does the science say?

"It's been 3 hours

and we still don't know who's fronting"

being redesigned

Ooh! Write more hiss

• Posted at:

Cervidae

Hit or miss, I Guess she took the kids huh? 

Now I'm crying don't have no will to live, yuh

Gonna get in my car and drive off of a bridge, uh

Becky please come back :(((

YAAAAAAAAAY! THIS IS AMAZING! MORE! MORE!

• Posted at:

I am Apocalypse!

I'm Feared by Infected so heed I'm Respected.

'Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.'                                             

BLOW UP EVERYTHING! 

GVE:Armageddon Side.

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

@ Dauntless Thank you so much!!!!!

@Pepper OK! OK! DONT HURT MEH

@Apocalypse AHHHHH Thank you!!!

Thankl you all loyal readers! Sorry for the lack of fanfic today!

• Posted at:

Nimbus

Complete Nerd

Ravenclaw

Shape-shifter

Christian

NEBBY GET IN THE DARN BAG *attempts to shove full-grown NightWing in bag*

• Posted at:

[Nightmare]

I'm fine. Are you?

Daily Song Quote"i've done all i can think of, chased down all my demons" -pink

this is good

Subnautica go help this poor dad

Sub: no

You are disowned now

Sub: I WAS NEVER RELATED TO YOU

• Posted at:

I'm Turquoise and I'm Garbage

Darkside: Shade

Hydrus is Here too I guess 

"Tick tock, Feed the Croc"

Never speak to me or my 62 cats ever again.

pronghorn is my son now.

I know I should've asked this earlier, but is this the fanfic we submitted our characters for?

• Posted at:

V E L L I C H O R

he/xe/they  

"It's been 3 hours

being redesigned

make more

• Posted at:

I am Apocalypse!

I'm Feared by Infected so heed I'm Respected.

'Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.'                                             

BLOW UP EVERYTHING! 

GVE:Armageddon Side.

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

@Nightmare lol

@Turquoise: Lol HAHAHAA

@Dauntless Yep! 

@Apocaplypse I am!

Sorry guys! Ive had a busy week. Im working on the next part!

• Posted at:

Nimbus

Complete Nerd

Ravenclaw

Shape-shifter

Christian

Yaaaaaay when will Mist come in? Cool btw.

• Posted at:

PUG

AwkwardlAmazing

ShippeOf ManShips

Is ThaAll?

Never.

Same-GendeIS OKAY!!!

ASINIS!! 

Limeade

Magenta?

@Pug Glad you're exited! She will probably come in in the chapter after the next chapter

• Posted at:

Nimbus

Complete Nerd

Ravenclaw

Shape-shifter

Christian

Yay! Ill be glad to see more! Um.. are Rogue/Fyre and Starspirit coming in soon

• Posted at:

V E L L I C H O R

he/xe/they  

"It's been 3 hours

being redesigned

?++?

Crow was trapped under orange claws, pinning him down into the dirt. He was breathing fast, sweat sparkling on his scales from the long run. A green frond Tickled his splayed wing, laying awkwardly under his back. “Give it back.” The Skywing growled.

“Never!” He replied, trying to twist his way out from under her. She smiled, her teeth gleaming.

“Well, then you'll have to pay!” She snarled, reaching down. Her fists dug into his head, rubbing affectionately. He laughed as she stuck her tongue at him and stole the fruit he had been hiding back.

“Useless thief.” She muttered, eyes twinkling.

“Useless guard.” He sniffed in a fake interpretation.

“Do you want another noogie?” She asked playfully. Crow rolled his eyes, completely unfazed. “You’re lucky to have me as a sister.” She said slyly.

“That's true. But, i mean, me and dad could of abandoned you when you turned up on our doorstep, so you should show some appreciation to have me as a brother, Beryl.”

“True. You are a good brother.” She smiled. “Buuuuuutttt I could've sold both of you out to the Skywings, so let's just say we’re even.”

“Deal.” He said. It was true. After his dad had escaped the skywing palace, Beryl was found lying unconscious, while she was supposed to be walking an egg to their death. His egg, to be exact. As part of her punishment, which would probably get MUCH WORSE, she was sent to go find his dad. I mean, she succeeded, but it ended with Beryl leaving with Guardian, and Crow getting a “sister”.

“Come on, it’s almost time for your lessons.” They trotted along, Making their way through the bush. Spinel limped along They passed a small group of Rainwings, peacefully gathering berries.

“Hello Beryl!” A cheerful voice called out. Beryl sighed, but turned around with a bright smile.

“HELLORINGTAILGOTTOTAKEMYBROTHERHOMESEEYOULATERBYE!” She said quickly, Almost yanking Crows arm out of his socket as she rushed away. His non- maneuverable prosthetic leg caused him to lose his balance, and Beryl had to catch him. Stupid birth defect. She rolled her eyes at him as they darted away. He stuffed down a laugh and began to slow as he saw his house. They had a home similar to the Rainwings, but on the ground. He tucked himself into the house, and saw his father standing there.

“Hi dad!” He said.

“Hello!” He said cheerfully. “Ready for your lesson?” Crow nodded, then settled down on the floor. His dad sat down next to him, and passed him a canister of ink and paper. Dad was familiar to most of the close trade routes, so he could supply us with most things by trading in exotic fruits and animals. A list of numerical problems were on his parchment. He scratched the answers in with ink, his mind sharp and focused. A kind of “buzz” echoed in the back of his mind. He ignored it. His father nodded his approval at his problems, and then gave him a science worksheet. The buzz strengthened. He gritted his teeth. He hated the humming. It usually led up to- Crow hissed in pain, keeping his eyes shut. A picture formed in his mind, shadowy figures surrounding him and his dad. His head felt like a sharp pick was being drilled into it, making nerves spike off and scream. A red Skywing stared out blankly, chains scraping it’s skin raw. A Nightwing screamed as two Sandwings shoved her into a bag. Beryl and some sort of Mudwing hybrid circled each other, crimson blood coating Beryls teeth and claws. Talons shook him. The last thing he saw was a Sandwing hybrid, blue and black eyes glowing maliciously. The metallic taste of blood poisoned his tongue. He opened his eyes to see the concerned yellow eyes of his father looking down at him. “Are you ok?”

“Y-yea.” I’m-m fine.” He said, He didn't know he was crying until a tear drop fell onto the parchment. “O-oh!” He said. The ink well had been knocked over, and his paper was drenched black in ink. He lifted his talon, which was completely soaked in ink. “I’m sorry!” He said.

“It’s ok. I’ll clean it up. You should take the rest of the day off. Go see Okapi.” He smiled. Crow did not.
“Ok, dad. Sorry.” He slinked out of the room, his wooden leg thunking against the floor. He knew his dad would be asking questions as soon as he got back. Questions he didn't have the answers to. He had these visions… often. But not to this magnitude. He didn't really know what they… were. He had once thought they could be visions, but his father had shot down that idea before it could even take off.

“There is isn't and there hasn't ever been any powers in the tribe. Trust me.” He did. But it didn't explain anything. Not the branching paths he saw if he wanted too, and certainly not their accuracy. He must be growing crazy. If the unhealthy genetics on his father's side caused his leg not to develope, what other surprises could be hiding in his genes? He did remember his father mentioning his grandmother developing Psychosis. He shivered.

“Hey, Crow!” A voice called. Okapi stood, a satchel strewn over his shoulder.

“Hello Crow!” Another cheerful voice called. He smiles. In front of him stood two Rainwings, Okapi and Parakeet. Okapi had a satchel slung over his shoulder and soot on his snout, contrasting against his grass-green scales that seemed to flicker. He looked slightly singed, from his experiments no doubt. Parakeet, on the other hand, was smaller and sleeker, and had bright blue and pink scales. Okapi and him had been friends for years, and Parakeet… well, she pretty much inserted herself into the group.

“Hey guys.” He said. “Whats up?”

“We saw this HUGE lizard!” Parakeet said enthusiastically. Turning shades of excited yellow. “It was almost as big as ME!” She yelped.

“Well, not quite. Almost.” Okapi justified. “Wanna go see!”

“Yea. That would be nice.” He said, following his friends.

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/psychosis for info on Psychosis

• Posted at:

Nimbus

Complete Nerd

Ravenclaw

Shape-shifter

Christian

MORE!!!!! Are Starspirit and Rogue coming soon? I never got an answer... NEBBY GET IN THAT BAG

• Posted at:

V E L L I C H O R

he/xe/they  

"It's been 3 hours

being redesigned

@Dauntless Oh, sorry! Yes they are :)

• Posted at:

Nimbus

Complete Nerd

Ravenclaw

Shape-shifter

Christian

This is amazing!!

• Posted at:

Shadowfire

Hufflepuff

Daughter of Hades

Lucian

Hunter of Artemis

Greencloak

NightWing

#CallOnMe

#VibraniumAge

#SaveTheForums

@Shadowfire Thank you!

• Posted at:

Nimbus

Complete Nerd

Ravenclaw

Shape-shifter

Christian

Really loving this story so far

• Posted at:

sol

|they/them|infp|very gay|      

current rp: none / current story: none  

current status: several keys aren't working atm so expect weird spelling and stuff  

"anti-lgbt" people don't interact

Bump

• Posted at:

Nimbus

Complete Nerd

Ravenclaw

Shape-shifter

Christian