HYBRIDS

Okay, I'm fine with hybrids in general-in fact, I think they are some of the most interesting characters that can be made! That is, that could be made. If people actually tried. Because, hybrids can easily become a mary-sue, a perfect character with one tiny flaw or no flaws at all. The thing people forget is that hybrids are supposed to be practically DEFENSELESS. After all, the DNA within the parents of the dragon(et) is not entirely compatible, resulting in a mutation (I think). Now, while that science is probably way off, and please don't put that statement on your next science test, you get the idea. So let's begin! If I miss anything on this, please add it.

SPOILER FOR THE BRIGHTEST NIGHT:

Let's take a look at Sunny. She has no tail barb. That is the main defense of a SandWing. Therefore, Sunny is severely weakened. Not only that, but she has bright golden scales that stand out against the desert sand, meaning that she won't be able to camouflage herself, either. SPOILER ENDS HERE. 

The thing about most people's hybrids that irritates me down to the point where I just want to throw a chair at someone is how instead of removing the main abilities of the dominant tribe, they squeeze both tribe's abilities together to create a "super dragon". This does not make any sense from what we know about hybrids.

Even just making a Mud/Sea hybrid that can stay underwater for five hours drives me insane. Unless having SeaWing DNA that makes him have lungs that fill up its entire body, which would give us the question of how that dragon digests its food, that's impossible. Depending on the dominant tribe (the one that particular dragon looks like the most), he most likely can either can hold his breath underwater for an hour like a normal MudWing, or have gills like a SeaWing. 

Making a hybrid does not mean that the dragon has no normal powers whatsoever. ANOTHER SPOILER FOR BRIGHTEST NIGHT: Sunny can breathe fire, and radiates heat. Seems like pretty normal SandWing powers, which is why her being half-NightWing catches you by suprise. Unless you're like me, and you accidentally read that spoiler. 

END OF SPOILER. So, in case that rant didn't sink in, let's make it simpler. In other terms, let's create a template my hybrid OC, Everest, against an annoying hybrid I made up, Blizzard. Oh, and DON'T STEAL EVEREST...OR ELSE! *sinister laugh*

Name: Everest

Species: Sky/Ice (I like to put the dominate 'wing first.)

Age: 4 (Dragon years, 9.5 in human years according to a page on WOF Wiki)

Appearance: Looks like a normal SkyWing, scales are an uncommon pale orange that is almost a white. He has three toes instead of four, and a long tail. 

Powers/Abilities: Unable to breathe any type of flame or frost. Somewhat weak fighter and flyer, but a good runner and has the uncanny ability to escape almost any situation he's in. He can withstand quite cold temperatures and bright light, but does not do well with heat. He also radiates a chilling energy that makes other dragons want to stay away from him. 

Personality: Despite the unsettling freezing aura he produces that makes other dragons want to stay away from him, Everest is a kind but somewhat naïve dragon who cares about his friends, Firefly, Supernova, and Slosh, and would do nearly anything for them. He appears as a confident daredevil who can outrun any other dragon. This is just a mask. Deep inside, he is a small, helpless dragonet who is insecure of himself and hurt after years of his full-SkyWing half-brothers' bullying. Hovever, he is excellent at covering this up and the only dragon who has figured out his true feelings is the mind-reading Supernova. To deal with the stinging fact that he is a "powerless, useless hybrid", he claims that he's the last ancestor of the SnowWings, an ancient tribe of dragons. 

Family: Father- Maroon the SkyWing; Mother- Chill the IceWing; Sister- Dove the SkyWing; Brothers- Hawk and Eagle

Okay, now grab that image in your mind as you look at our next dragon. 

Name: Blizzard, but her friends call her Bliz 

Species: Ice/Sky

Appearance: Beautiful stunning black scales with white streaks and large copper eyes, many spikes on her head and four long claws and a tail like a whip and big wings. She has a heart-shapes scar on her side. In her human form, she's got very pale skin and braided white hair with red streaks. She likes to wear a dress. 

Powers/Abilities: Amazing fighter and flier who can breathe frost and fire. She is also a firescale, except she freezes everything she touches. And she can withstand extreme heat and cold and see in the dark and see in extreme light. 

Personality: Smart, kind, caring-her flaw is that she is too nice and afraid of hurting someone with her power

Family: Unknown

So...which description did you like better? I'm assuming it's Everest's? And just a quick note, the fact that Bliz is female doesn't make her a bad character. I just chose to make her female because that's the gender of the vast majority of fan-dragons. 

Ok...now hang in there with me for just one more paragraph on a very important subject. 

Face the truth here. You can make as many hybrids as you want, but chances are one of yours is a RainWing-SeaWing. I like both tribes, but if I had to pick a favorite it would DEFINITELY be RainWings. Anyway, I was going to make two more profiles on Rain/Seas, but it's stupid considering I can just put it in one sentence. So here you go: DON'T MAKE YOUR RAIN SEA DRAGON HAVE COLOR CHANGING GLOW-IN-THE-DARK SCALES! Just don't...I've seen too many OCs with this. Do whatever you want with them! Make a color changing SeaWing-RainWing with no glow-scales! Make a Rain-SeaWing that is have those glow-scales, but make it unable to change color! Or do the best option and make it unable to do either of those things! I don't care, as long as you follow that one sentence!

Omg, thank you so much if you sat through this entire rant. You deserve some type of reward. But, I suppose you've gotten one, now that you have the rare ability to create a good OC. Again, feel free to add anything I'm missing, and enjoy your new hybrid!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Wingof Fire

Warriors

Percy Jackson

Member of the LGBTQACommunity 

"When life gives you lemons, go throw them at someone."-me

So what if it's a next gen hybrid?

• Posted at:

Kitsune

Bisexual

Official fan girl of

Spirit animal

Harry potter

Percy jackson

wings of fire

Hunger games

Star Wars

Steven Universe

#Love iLove

Well, my Hybrid OC Scales can camouflage, but not very well due to his 1. Lack of being in the sun very much, and 2. He is half SkyWing.

He also doesn't have huge SkyWing wings, and his fire isn't that strong. He can't create smoke out of his nostrils and his venom is pretty strong, but not as strong as it should be. BUT with some PRACTICE, he should be good at it in no time!

• Posted at:

-=Springy=-

My flipside, DeMeNtEd

Harley Quinn's daughter 

Fangirl

Christian

Maniacal Laugh for EMPHASIS 

"Batsy batsy batsy." ~Harley Quinn

"My role models are Donald Trump, Batman, and Harley Quinn!" ~Longclaw

Joined on April 21st, 2015!

*claps* I only have one hybrid OC (who, incidentally, is named Blizzard), and I most certainly did NOT make her a super-dragon when I created her. She's a normal IceWing in every way except for her tail and horns being black, which is NORMAL HYBRID APPEARANCE. I hate when people make Mary Sue hybrids... bah. Luckily I don't have any Sea/Rain hybrids, let alone glow-in-the-dark-technicolor ones. XD

• Posted at:

I'm the friend you need....

CP~~

she/her

aka Dapperpaws

Christian

#Capperity

#Shadowlight

#Twizzlepop

#CheesePie

#Flimjack

#QuibbleDash

#Fluttercord

#Spember

#Starmaro

Forum sister: Snowdust

"Just take the blanket with you!"

Yes, that seems like a perfectly acceptable hybrid. You don't need to make them entirely helpless, or else the story would be way too boring. Think of it as yin and yang. Balance the weaknesses of the dragon with strength, both with powers and with strengths and weaknesses. 

• Posted at:

Wingof Fire

Warriors

Percy Jackson

Yeah, not all hybrid ocs are as ridiculous as Blizzard and I understand that's an example but...fire scales that make ice??!?!!? I don't think anyone would do that.. And sometimes hybrids can have two of the powers stuffed together. Like I'm pretty sure Whiteout can see the future and breath ice though I'm not sure because that was never confirmed in the book as Tui never really said her powers. But I'm pretty sure Whiteout can see the future.. And I'm sure there will be more hybrids in the book that have the two powers stuffed together. Although I'm sure most end up defenseless, it's probably possible to have both powers. (I'm sorry if this came off as rude but it wasn't meant to be.)

• Posted at:

Blueangel

Autocorrect says I'm Bangle.

and Google translate says I'm RedSea

What am I?

You can fix something, but that doesn't make it not broken

you can listen but that doesn't mean you understand.

BTS is my current obsession- Taekook is good.

Oh, right, @dragonblizzard, I forgot to add that the names too do not make a difference. Unless you name your character Princess Kawaii or something. 

• Posted at:

Wingof Fire

Warriors

Percy Jackson

*snorts with laughter* *imagines a glowing technicolor hybrid princess named Kawaii* That would be so terrible... can I use that for a trollfic??

• Posted at:

I'm the friend you need....

CP~~

she/her

aka Dapperpaws

Christian

#Capperity

#Shadowlight

#Twizzlepop

#CheesePie

#Flimjack

#QuibbleDash

#Fluttercord

#Spember

#Starmaro

Forum sister: Snowdust

"Just take the blanket with you!"

Three moons, CP, I really want to read that fanfic XD

SPOILERS FOR DARKSTALKER LEGENDS

In the case of  Darkstalker and Whiteout, one tribe seemed to be definitely dominant in them, which was NightWings. Darkstalker was almost completely NightWing, with only the white scales under his wings, and while Whiteout had both NightWing and IceWing in her appearance, neither could breath fire or do other IceWing abilities. I wonder if that means that some features of tribes are more dominant than others?

• Posted at:

SPIRIT

Queen of Curiosity

You want weapons? Were in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!the Doctor

Ravenclaw

sort of active

you have no control who lives, who dies, who tells your story

#Remember Hurricane

I have a sky/ice oc named Essen. He looks similar to a icewing but his scales are a coral pink so he doesn't really blend in with snowy terrain of the ice kingdom. He can breath fire and ice but very rarely will ever work.

• Posted at:

//Gem.exe\\

He/she/they

MEDIATOR INFP-T

The Accidental Child of Zeus

First born of SAMB

#Shanedeservedbetter

#Lovewins

#rememberthelost

#LGBTQ+shipper

#makeKirawsoncanon

God of Knights, Plagues, Emeralds, Cycploses, and Leopard Geckos

I have a theory for hybrids that they'll take after their mother's tribe the most

• Posted at:

Kitsune

Bisexual

Official fan girl of

Spirit animal

Harry potter

Percy jackson

wings of fire

Hunger games

Star Wars

Steven Universe

#Love iLove

@blueangle: Oh, no, another thing I forgot to clarify in the article (among with a million other things) was that that profile was mostly sarcasm, with some of the things I've seen in annoying fanfictions. And yes, they certainly can have two of their powers put together, I just don't want to see every single power of both tribes stuffed together in a manner that would be impossible. And keep in mind that I've only read up to book 5 ;) And no, not rude at all!

• Posted at:

Wingof Fire

Warriors

Percy Jackson

@dragonblizzard, yes please do use it for a trollfic, I love those!

• Posted at:

Wingof Fire

Warriors

Percy Jackson

@eaglebreeze: I like to think of it that way. Seems like a perfectly good theory to me, guess we'll just have to wait and see if it's ever confirmed in the books. But what do I know about DNA? If someone did some research on the dragon hybrid DNA thing based on real science, that would clear everything up. 

• Posted at:

Wingof Fire

Warriors

Percy Jackson

DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT A MEGA SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

There is going to be an jvjuhduf65384fejfIceWingvjdfvfjvhfjvSeaWingnfvfhvfd Hybrid in the Darkness of Dragons. His name will be .

fhfdfjdfcdjdjTyphoonvjvhfvhvhujf

Find the message hidden in the word IF you would like a pretty big (yet amazing and super cool) spoiler, surprise.

Thanks for reading... or not!

• Posted at:

Dragons. Clay,Tsunami, Sunny, Starflight, Glory... then Moonwatcher, Winter, Quibi, Kinkajou, Umber, Turtle, Peril, and the rest... 

Mephiles...

Wow, I posted this only an hour ago and already it has so many replies! I will do my best to answer any and all of your posts, and because I covered so little topics on my post, please ask any questions you may have. Oh, and tell me if you liked my little hybrid rant!

• Posted at:

Wingof Fire

Warriors

Percy Jackson

@dragonblizzard, I have Princess Kawaii's description...

Name: Princess Kawaii

Tribe: Rain/Sea

Allies: Dragonets of Destiny, Jade Mountain Academy People, Her Friends

Affiliation: Good

Appearance: Beautiful, can shift all her scales in the color of the rainbow, big wings with a heart on one of them, lots of jewelry

Eye Color: The whole rainbow

Abilities: Can change the color of all her scales, can spit out poisonous venom, glow in the dark scales that can change color, can breathe underwater even without gills, breathes rainbow fire and frost breath, telepathy, teleportation

Home/Current Location: RainWing Palace

Kingdom: RainWing Kingdom but allowed in the SeaWing Kingdom

Favorite Lines: "No, Nightmonster. I will never let you hurt these innocent dragons! I have a secret power you could never dream of!"-Kawaii before she spits out venom

Family: Unknown

Love Interest: Jambu

Theme Song(s): Shape of you by Ed Sheeran

Voice by: Me

Bio/History: Unknown

(credits to drahonlover at Deviantart for the template)

Isn't she beautiful? I made some "fanart" too. Merchandise can be bought at www.queenkawaiiforevah.com. KawaiixJambu for life!!!

• Posted at:

Wingof Fire

Warriors

Percy Jackson

Thanks this is really helpful 

• Posted at:

Call me 

Galactic

OC's:

Eclipse

Frost 

Moonbli!!!!

Wow, I'm so glad I took sometime to read the other comments before writing my own. If I hadn't I would've written a post about how Blizzard is a bit over exaggerated but reading the comments saved me.

Anyways, on the topic of hybrids I've been really drawn to the idea of fire and ice and I really wanted to make OCs that are half Skywing and half Icewing. I wanted to make a OC that has both fire and ice powers but I don't want them to be too OP or anything, so could you give me a few tips on that if you have any?

• Posted at:

*Hoshi*

The echoes of the past.

The stars of the present.

And the flowers of the future. 

"Those hardest to love need it most."

"How rare and beautiful it is to even exist!"

Anime!

RWBY!

"I don't need people to help me grow up, I drink milk!"

How to make a good hybrid character:

Step 1: Make a good character.

Step 2: Done.

Appearance and powers are honestly the LEAST of your worries when it comes to making a hybrid character.  One thing I'm kind of tired of when hearing about hybrid characters is what and what not to do with powers when honestly it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.  So much emphasis on WHAT they are when all the focus should be on WHO they are.

• Posted at:

Heeeeere's Genny~!

All of the forumers who need to read this aren't reading this.

But also, I like to think that to create a hybrid of 2 tribes, their territories have to be close to each other. Like, it wouldn't make sense to have a Sea/Skywing hybrid if they are on opposite sides of the map. Also, it's fine if some hybrids are just a little bit op, but only if their parents powers don't contradict each other's. What I'm trying to say is that if one parent has fire and the other parent has more powerful fire, then the baby would have very powerful fire, so like a Sky/Night hybrid would have very powerful fire, a Sea/Ice hybrid would be a excellent fighter without any powers.

-Anyone reading this, please do NOT make a 4 tribe hybrid or more. Sometimes 3 tribe hybrids are fine, as long as one of the tribes are barley visible in the dragon.

• Posted at:

d.y.n.a.s.t.y

he_him

transgender/human

it is revolutionary for any trans person to choose to be seen and visible in a world that tells us we should not exist

if I could burn this town

i wouldn’t hesitate

to smile while you suffocate and die

Name: Nebula

Species: Nightwing/Seawing

Appearance: She is a gorgeous hybrid, she has fins along her head to her back and in the thin membraine is full of white stars. She has a delicate pointed nose and the crest of a seawing but the spines and tail of a nightwing. She is a blue black colour and here eyes change colour depending on mood.

Powers/Abilities: She has a strong power to know what people are feeling of and can breathe underwater. Though she has no webs between her claws she is a great swimmer and is like a graceful seal. Her wings are unusually humongous than a sky wings and she can fly for four days without food or water.

Personality: She is very shy but can speak up for herself. She is very caring to others and is a clever dragonet. She is happy to help struggling dragonets who need help. She spends her time at Jade Mountain Acedemy and is a top student. She spends most of her time in the library and likes talking to Starflight. 

Family: Her mom: Seastar, Her recently disappeared father: Soulcrusher.

• Posted at:

Friend: make me an AllWing OC named Doomsday

Me: ......... *doesn't want to disappoint him but also knows he's expecting a dragon with all the powers**tries to make OC that is pleasing to me in that it's not too OP while also trying to give it enough power in that it will be pleasing to friend*

Name: Doomsday (DD)

Tribe: AllWing

Appearance: mainly light blue/pale mint green, a few IceWing spikes with webbing between them, long snout, green eyes, pretty skinny, IceWing crest, pale magenta underbelly and wing membranes fade like the sunset, NightWing stars under wings, IceWing tail spikes

Personality: I let my friend decide

Abilities: no fire, ice, or venom (but bite is venomous), stars under wings glow in the dark, but he can't control it, can hold breath for a while, there was more I think but I don't remember

Other: oh geez he's so OP and looks 100% Gary Stu

Although while making that character I was listening to Hamilton (don't do that while making a character for someone else) and I thought up basically an entire story for this creature I had squished together, and a wife and child for him

Why

His wife I don't think is that bad even though she's a three-triber, but idk about their daughter, even tho she's extremely deformed and has basically no powers

Name: Trinity

Tribe: AllWing (though Night, Rain, and Sea are most dominant)

Appearance: Very tall with very thin legs, long neck and snout, long white fangs, also extremely thin, missing front left hand and wings, long skinny prehensile tail, but her tail is too weak to actually support her if she were to hang from it, and two rows of huge SeaWing spines with webbing between them, dull claws, kind of dark dusty blue/purple scales, pale grey underbelly, purple eyes, white teardrop scales behind eyes, always looks exhausted

Personality: she doesn't really have one, she never speaks, and when she does, she's very cryptic, almost like Whiteout, but even less talkative and less aware

Abilities: can read emotions very easily, she can pick things up with her tail, she has fangs but they don't do anything except look out of place, she is a graceful swimmer when she wants to be

Other: I can't tell if she's Mary Sue or not

• Posted at:

~Topaz

a.k.a. Panic! At the Everywhere

Detroit: Become Human

Gravity Falls

Steven Universe

Imagine Dragons

"Life is not the things that we do, it's who we're doing them with."

Est. 7/15/2016

I mean, heck, we could call Darkstalker a Gary-Stu (handsome, animus, mindreader, prophet). But I think that his character has been so fleshed out, and he's so compellingly tragic, as well as an indisputable villain that he's not a Gary-Stu. I define Mary-Sue as a character that bends the already existing rules of the universe to suit their creator's whims. They exist to prove a point or to boost the author's self-confidence, and not to make a good character.

Now, a hybrid with a lot of powers can be a Mary-Sue, and they can not be, too. But it isn't the number of powers that make them so.

Note: I don't mean to offend anyone. If this has, then I am sorry. I just wanted to clarify what exactly qualifies as a Mary-Sue, and that a lot of powers don't make them that (necessarily, they often can, however).

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Each of us bear our own cross

Come and talk to me;  341245 ]

[ | She/her | MN | Since 7/31/17 | ]

Now @ moonflying31   :D

Name: Swift

Tribe: Sandwing/Skywing

Appearance: Orange-yellow Sandwing with a Skywing head,neck and tail.

Abilities: Can breathe fire.

Personality: She's shy because she rarely interacts with others (she lives in the middle of nowhere), and is slightly jealous of full tribes for having more powers than she does. She's a coward and is not a very good fighter, but she's good at talking her way out of a bad situation. She can be very distrusting of others. Despite this, she is very optimistic and cooperative.

I named her Swift because she thinks on her feet a lot, she gets into a lot of dangerous situations.

• Posted at:

HELLO!

I know I didn't write this at all, but I have some advice, (as I come from the oc world where people make good OCs) I would say that you could do some of these kinda ideas.

-Can only breathe frost breath when in the Ice Kingdom, otherwise it is too warm. Can only breathe fire if in a warm area (i.e. Kingdom of the Sand)

- Frost breath is less powerfull, a.k.a instead of freezing someone's wing to the point where it might fall off, it would only make the wing numb until the dragon is warm again. Or fire, instead of causing major burns, causes small, but still painful burns that won't dramatically hurt someone, but can still drive off a weaker (and more wimpy) dragon.

- Or you could do the most OP option and do if it is day time, frostbreath, and if it is night, flame. But you can add more circumstances to that so it is less op.

Also random thing I would like to say: I think it would be really cool if like the front half of the dragon resembles a Skywing, and the back half looks like an Icewing, and then with like scales to make a gradient effect so it doesn't look so weird. Or like the main body is ice colored and then there are like red edges to things like the wings and it would be glittery and.....

I'm getting sidetracked. Anyway, I think that would look kinda cool......

• Posted at:

>^-^<~кitςt~>^-^<

They/She/Ne/Xe/Cat

Dragon/Human/Cat/Candy

Quintuplets with Dellow, Quartz, Daisy, and Ellysia

I'm a Lesbian. Hi "

Act like the Candy Bar you Are!" -KitCat 8/1/18

Name:Tang

Species:Seawing/Skywing Hybrid

Appearance: Baby blue scales that fade into a light yellow with yellow light patterns and gills

Powers/Abilities: Tang can breath underwater, light up her patterns swim fast and see in bright light however due to her small wings she cannot fly very well or for long and she is not a strong fighter

Personality: Tang is a shy dragonet and when in public she usually hides behind her friends Rose, Pebble and Prismarine however when she is alone with her friend she is headstrong and is always breaking up fight between them. her friend prismarine (prism) knows about her shyness and helps her along the way wich is why she fell for him

Family: Mum:Lapis the seawing Dad: Soar the nightwing  Sister:Tadpole the seawing 

Brother:Guppie the Seawinghope you like it p.s DONT STEAL HER

• Posted at:

Name: (I'm trying to come up with one! Help?!)

Tribe: Nightwing, Seawing, and Rainwing, with a little of Icewing blood.

Age: 0 (when the fanfic starts, but at the end she is 5)

Appearance: Has a very dark blue body, (almost black, with color changing swirls that flow through her based on her mood. The outside of her wings start out as black, but lighten until the tip of her wings where they are a very light baby blue, (almost white.) One the inside of her wings it is all dark blue, which faintly lightens, but not as much as the outside of her wings, with the Nightwing stars. She has the Icewing ridges along her back and sharp claws, but not ridged ones. They are not sharp enough to grip ice. She has silver scales on her front right ankle that make it look like she is wearing a bracet, and silver teardrop scales on the outside of her eyes. She does have Seawing light up scales, but they only light up blue. She has blue green eyes and a lighter blue, (but still a fairly dark blue,) underbelly. She has gills. If she boxes off her amotions, she can be all dark blue on her body

Powers: Can read minds and tell the future, but is not good at decoding prophecies, and is not very good at telling the future. She usually relies on her twin sister, Blackberry, to help her tell the future. She has animus magic, (which she later discovers,) but is extremely scared of it, and never, ever, uses it. She can breathe fire, but not enough to burn someone, just enough to make them warm, and she has frostbreath, but not enough to freeze someone, just enough to make a few, (and by a few, I mean like 10,) snowflakes. She can spit venom, but only a little, and has very bad venom aim. She can also comoflauge herself, but only for a short amount of time, like, and hour. She can't camofauge herself again for 30 minutes. She can breathe underwater, and she is a good swimmer, when she's not tired. She does not like cold weather, but she can deal with it. She also doesn't like bright lights, but she can deal with it.

Personality: She is kind and smart, but she often over thinks things and causes herself a lot of stress. She is a loner, though she does not want to be. She can be a little boring, and her only friend is Egret, and Mudwing. She wishes for more friends, and she is very shy. She is not very confident in herself, and she sees everything she does as bad. She can be lots of fun around dragons that she is comfortable with, but knows to much about other dragons from her mind reading, and this often stresses her out. Her visions are also very overwhelming for her, and she is really always stressed, and not happy with herself, though she rarely shows it.

Backstory: (I'm still coming up with it.)

Please give me suggestions on a name, I want it to have something to do with water, rain, ice, and night, but I don't want it to be too long. Please tell me if she is a Mary Sue, because I can change her. I don't want to, but I can. Thank you for reading all of this!

• Posted at:

Live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. 

I am a fan of this quote 

I am a Warriors fan

I have 2 cats 1 dog and about 80 Giant Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches

I am a WoF fan

I am am a Wisconsinite

I am lactose intolerant but I eat dairy

I am CECILIA

This was really helpful! I have a ton of hybrid OCs in my fanfiction (which is about hybrids) and I tried to make them all really realistic, without all that mumbo-jumbo Queen Kawaii stuff :P

• Posted at:

Hi. I'm moonlightmist765, but I usually go by Fantasy. I am a proud RainWing and Hufflepuff. I love reading, writing fanfiction, drawing dragons, and just generally geeking out. :)

I shall give you a snippet from one of my hybrid OCs.

Tribes: Sea/Sky/Sand

Powers: (SeaWing) can hold breath underwater for up to 1 hour, (SeaWing) Aquatic, (SeaWing) good swimming, (SandWing/SkyWing) breathe fire, (SkyWing) powerful flight, secretly animus

This is the twin sister to an OC I created earlier. The brother was originally able to breathe fire and breathe underwater, but the person running the RP explained the scientific impossibility, so now he can just breathe fire. (Oh, by the way, both of them come from a SeaWing dad and SandWing/SkyWing mom, so that's why she has so many SeaWing abilities.) I don't give my hybrids all of the characteristics from their respective tribes. Think she's Mary Sue?

• Posted at:

~Gleam~

She/Her/Spiky Potato

Flipside: Luna

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon." ~Paul Brandt

ForumFam: Uxii, Eliza, Rune

In way too many roleplays

We will fight for our forums.

And we will win!

i have an oc named frostclaw. he is an ice/rain hybrid with the abilities of both (camo, frostbreath and venom). looks like a normal rainwing with icewing spikes.

• Posted at:

Call me Cobra

he/him

#RememberHurricane

#Moonbli

#Cleril

#Glorybringer

"You must be truly desperate to come to me for help." -Loki

"This isn't my smug face, it's my heroic face." -Deathbringer

I'm a HiveWing

MTG Rules

Amazing ideas! I personally like blizzy better, but both are great ocs! Thank u! And I have a rain/sea hybrid, seashell, with turquoise scales, everything else except her scales and glowing markings change color, she has magical death spit, gills, and is a powerful swimmer, her weakness is being VERY sarcastic 

• Posted at:

Seashell

PROUD GENDERFLUID

She/Her They/Them

ABisexual

One word.

Whiteout.

Anyways, I DO have a Sea/Rain OC, although I never thought of color-changing glowscales. Her wing membranes change color with her emotions, but that’s about it, and she otherwise looks more SeaWing than RainWing. 

Everest feels kind of boring and very cliche, while Blizzard is a Mary Sue. Seriously, Everest’s backstory is the same with like, EVERY. SINGLE. OC. Why does everyone have to have a traumatic childhood? It just gets boring. 

Now, to examine his powers. Blizzard has the normal Mary Sue superpowers, but what about Everest? “Chilling energy?” What? You mean... cold scales? This just feels like you gave him weak icescales. And sure, having an unusual amount of claws is a canon mutation, but really, that one extra just makes Everest feel “too special”.

Also, let me explain all of Sunny’s “mutations”.

Sunny has darker gold scales, because SandWings can have pale gold scales, and NightWings can have black scales. Darker pale gold is Sunny gold. Sunny doesn’t have a tail barb because she got a NightWing tail instead of a SandWing one.

Dragons seem pretty similar; it’s likely they had a common ancestor, and evolved over time to adapt to the crazily diverse Pyrrhia. Hybrids seem very stable; just a mixture of two different “types”, like breeds of dogs. Hybrids are able to reproduce stably, since a) Darkstalker would have dragonets in a now impossible future, and b) Whiteout had dragonets. Also, Albatross has a little IceWing in him, explaining his appearance. He’s a grandfather.

Sorry for that rant; I just felt like expressing what I felt about hybrids, as well as giving you a little bit of critique for your character.

• Posted at:

~Quartz~

I changed my mind I’m staying

That one person who always gives you the opposite of help.

Bookmark.  Very helpful, thank you.

• Posted at:

If you wait until tomorrow today will be gone

If you don't sing you won't find a song

If you can't speak start to shout

If you can't move don't look at the crowd

In short, I'm Afternoon

#RememberHurricane

BOOKMARK THIS IS SO GOOD!

• Posted at:

««ғяεε∂σм™»»

Est. 1.13.18

Mod Eerf ©2018

KING O' LENNIES!

{he/him/fan-sea-nightwing/giant mountain/etc.}

2400+ ☆

#Myhomethreadisat/336075

#TexasStrong 

#DistrictSpellingBee 2/6/19

Actually firescales with ice aka icescales is a common hypothetical ability that would come natural to IceWing

• Posted at:

Terminus

(Formerly Nephrite)

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss

Firefly has a point. The reason a lot of fanfics have flaw categories are because everyone has flaws! Our character should reflect us(to a sertain degree) as who we are. If we all have as firefly puts it, “Mary Sue hybrids, it’s not fun. Nor is it an interesting story. I see so many people in this thread asking if their character is like this. You already know that. If you even have to ask that, it’s probably true. I know, i get it. Your just trying to have fun, I know. Just it’s not always fun for others

• Posted at:

Scorch

(he/him)

[incert mark twain quote here]

Ben Shapiro boiiiiiis

Learn to code

AHEM

Old thread -.-

• Posted at:

ATbAsH

on hiatus//dead inside

bnha trash

@Quartz by chilling energy I think they mean the kind of chill all Icewings give off. 

Honestly, I'd rather have Everest than Bliz, because I just can't stand those kinds of characters. 

And I think the claw mutation isn't because he is a hybrid, it's just cause of genetics. I think that the extra claw is kind of like a sixth finger for a human. People with six fingers tend to not have much use with said finger, and another claw would maybe be shorter and less sharp.

• Posted at:

>^-^<~кitςt~>^-^<

They/She/Ne/Xe/Cat

Dragon/Human/Cat/Candy

Quintuplets with Dellow, Quartz, Daisy, and Ellysia

I'm a Lesbian. Hi "

Act like the Candy Bar you Are!" -KitCat 8/1/18

These are two hybrids there both good swan and queenfisher tell me which ones best. (I like swan)

Name: queenfisher but likes to be called queen
Species: night/sea hybrid
Appearance: shadow black scales, with aquamarine stripes across head, body, wings, and tail like seawings
Powers/abilities. Can blend into dark shadows (nightwing power),breath underwater (seawing power), read minds (nightwing power)and stripes can glow (seawing power).
Personality: Is a very loyal to lots of dragons. Is especially loyal to her friends, speedy (male, Sky), swan (female, mud/sea hybrid), solid (male Ice) and brilliant (female Rain). She loves to stargaze, race around the mountain tops with her friends, swim with swan, sculpt sculptures with solid and pick flowers with brilliant.
Boyfriend. speedy, she already know he Had a crush on her because she can read Minds. Only brilliant knows their a thing
Family: mother:vengeance the night fathers: octopus the sea. step father, physchopath the night. Sisters: fast swimmer the sea/night hybrid age 7 and blurry sight the night age: 1 Brothers: smallknown the night age: 0

Name: swan
Species: sea/mud hybrid
Appearance: has shadow brown scales, looks like a normal Mudwing, her underbelly is teal, has aquatic marks all over her wings and tail, has webbed claws
Powers/abilities: can hold her breath under water (seawing trait), light up her marks (seawing trait) and breath fire if warm enough(Mudwing trait),immune to fire (some Mudwing trait)
Personality: is very active, loves to swim, eat (much like her father), fly around the mountains and more. She lives in a cave on jade maintain with her friends Queenfisher the female nightwing and seawing hybrid, speedy the male Skywing, solid the male IceWing and brilliant the female RainWing. Is a beautiful artist just like her mother. She loves to visit flea (female, Mudwing) and hear stories about her mother and father.
Boyfriend:when her parents died she flew to the kingdom of the sea, she found a male seawing names deep. She fell in love with him and so did deep until he was taken away. He said he would come back for swan as soon as he could. She still awaits him.
Family: her dead mother tidal-wave the seawing and her dead father: frog the Mudwing

• Posted at:

1 ,