To me, it's like people saying, "I don't support woman's rights." I'm not a member of the LGQTB+ community, I'm not even sure if I got the acronym right. But I just imagine looking around and seeing people don't support you. 

Now, I know that may not be what you mean, but many of these people are already depressed, and likely already bugged about being different at school. Don't you think it may hurt to see "#IDont'tSupportLGQTB+" at least once on every thread? You can still think that, but you don't need it mentioned EVERYWHERE. 

Would you wear a t-shirt in public saying, "#IDon'tSupportLGQTB+?" 

Thats the rule my school teaches. "If you won't say it to their face, don't say it through a screen." 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~Hootsie

-inactive as heck

-founder of GvE, great grandma of FWRPs

-will sometimes crawl out of my hidey hole

just. leave GvE alone. I'm sick of saying it

One of the few people who seems to realize that more than 6% of the world likes wolves

Alright, but wouldn't that mean then that people who have "IsupportLGBT+" in their sigs would have to take it out as well? You did say to take opinions on LGBT+ out, and that's also an opinion. It's unfair if you ask the people who don't support it to take it out, and not ask the ones who do support it to take it out as well.

• Posted at:

“Oh Father, forgive me...”

Mm, fair point. I'm not a part of the community either, but I'm sure that it would hurt me if I saw that on at least ten signatures everyday. I agree with you, Hootsie.

• Posted at:

Yellow

Zebrasarecool

#SunnyLickedAQibli

#ClerilIsAFruit

DemonxYellow

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ~The Lorax

Christian!

"LICK LICK LICK" she saids as she was put in an assylum

That does make sense, but some people do wear Pride t-shirts. Good point though. :D

(It's LGBTQ+ though)

• Posted at:

Snowbelle

Your friendly neighborhood snowmobeel!

= hamiltrash = pokemaniac = pro shipper = deh = riordan world and mythology obsessed =

Forum Lil Sis: Necro

#FreeTheQiblis #GoldenBeltStalker 

Alright, but then doesn't that mean that all people who have "I support LGBT+" in their sigs should take it out as well? Because that's an opinion as well. You cannot just ask the people who just have "I don't support LGBT+" in their sigs,  for just them to take it out and only them, as that is not fair. 

• Posted at:

I have said this to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have trials, but TAKE HEART! I have overcome the world!

-Jesus, John 16:33

~Angel~

My Identitis in Christ!

I don’t support same-gender romance.

4amigas

oh whoops, I accidentally copy and pasted Magnolia's post, I am so sorry XD!

• Posted at:

I have said this to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have trials, but TAKE HEART! I have overcome the world!

~Angel~

My Identitis in Christ!

4amigas

Emeraldangel802, it's alright. I've actually done it before as well.

• Posted at:

“Oh Father, forgive me...”

Angel does have a point as well.

• Posted at:

Snowbelle

= hamiltrash = pokemaniac = pro shipper = deh = riordan world and mythology obsessed =

@Hootsie People do say things like "I don't support women's rights" to my face. I'm sorry, but I have the right to state my views. It's not like anything else I try to say doesn't go through.

• Posted at:

opal.rb

gender not found

@Snowbelle, Magnolia made the point, I just accidentally copy and pasted it when trying to respond XD!

• Posted at:

~Angel~

My Identitis in Christ!

4amigas

It's just like the think before you speak rule. Honestly, though. If the forums were like, an IRL convention or something. Would you shout for all to hear you, "I DON'T SUPPORT (ACRONYM I CAN'T SEEM TO GET RIGHT)"

• Posted at:

~Hootsie

-inactive as heck

One of the few people who seems to realize that more than 6% of the world likes wolves

Yeah, but I can't just say that I do support it.

• Posted at:

opal.rb

gender not found

@Hootsie, would you shout "I DO SUPPORT ACRONYM!"

???

like it can go either way. *shrugs*.

.....although i'd be that person that shouts "I LOVE COOKIES!"

XD!

• Posted at:

~Angel~

My Identitis in Christ!

4amigas

Actually- yes, I would happily shout that.

• Posted at:

Keep going, friend :D! I believe in you!

'Goat like yelps'

-Hootsie

#SupportPeri

Basic psychology. Also I read a lot of memes.

I scream a lot!

That brings me to the second part. 

People who who say "I support (acronym)" are like, raising themselves above people who don't support it for their own reasons. 

I was just thinking about this because of a debate with my mom, her thinking that not supporting (acronym) makes you a bad person.

• Posted at:

~Hootsie

-inactive as heck

*hisses* nO

IT'S MAKES MY SIGGY BOOTIFUL

ALONG WITH OTHER THINGS

BUT ANYWAYS

NO

• Posted at:

I WILL NOT ACCEPT THE DOWNFALL OF MY HOME.

Well, saying "I do support LGBTQ" isn't hating on anyone's existence for something they can't control, while saying "I'm against LGBTQ" does. So, there is a big difference.

• Posted at:

*~Luna~*

Joined March 7 2015

PROUD!

-Bisexual-

Wiccan

Our opinions are not equal when your opinion does not respect my existence.

We're not hating on anyone. We're just saying that we don't support it. Hate the sin, love the sinner type thing.

• Posted at:

opal.rb

gender not found

@Angel: Oh I hate it when that happens XD 

• Posted at:

Snowbelle

I know someone (I forget their name, I'm sorry) who has "I don't support LGBT+ but I won't hate anyone who does." in their siggy. I'm not saying everyone should do this, and it might take up some space, but I think it's something nice to include. It doesn't necessarily make me feel better, but it does tell me that this person has an open mind and won't judge anyone on who they like or how they orient themselves.

I'm not saying that people who don't put that in their wiggles are mean or whatever, of course I understand that it intakes up space. But it is something nice to do, if you somehow have extra room. You don't have to. I love you all anyway xD

*floofs out*

• Posted at:

m i r i 

✱ thanks for the laughs 

✱ goodbye comerades let’s get this bread 

@Opal, OH MY GOSH I LOVE THAT SAYING.

• Posted at:

~Angel~

My Identitis in Christ!

4amigas

@Miri, ooo! I know that! I wish I could put that in, but I don't have enough room.

I do think that though! 

• Posted at:

~Angel~

My Identitis in Christ!

4amigas

Yeah, it's totally fine if you don't have room. Honestly, it was just an idea, nobody really needs to use it.

Thanks though! :D

• Posted at:

m i r i 

✱ thanks for the laughs 

✱ goodbye comerades let’s get this bread 

I don't see why you need to say that you're against something in your sig. 

Saying you don't support it/are against it is just a sugarcoated way of saying you hate LGBTQ, and it seems like it would be a better use of your siggy space to say what you love, not what you hate. 

• Posted at:

*~Luna~*

Joined March 7 2015

PROUD!

-Bisexual-

Wiccan

Our opinions are not equal when your opinion does not respect my existence.

luna is absolutely right.

• Posted at:

ENFP-TWolfieLG(B)T+

#RememberMist&Moon&Wolfie

I agree with Luna.

• Posted at:

Clever, A Very Clevery Guy ❤❤❤

[exits, pursued by a bear]

bringing you cool good posts: Dec. 2014 - March 2019

appreciating and supporting you: today - forever!!!!

I, personally, am LGBTQ+, but I'm not offended by it, mainly because I have multiple friends (here and irl) who do not fully support it, but still support me as well as others that are LGBTQ+. So, while I see how people could be offended or hurt by it, I'm not against someone having it in their siggy if they feel like they need it there.

• Posted at:

Aronia

LGBT+

"Grab a walking stick, crawl to the sunshine, and beat down any lemons life throws with your magical walking stick." - Purple, 2017

#LikeaRedRose

Nobody is born in darkness and shattered glass... The world leads them there to live alone.

The reason I say that I don't support it is because that kind of shipping makes me uncomfortable in most cases, and I would rather not have my characters do that.

• Posted at:

opal.rb

gender not found

It's not really a big deal for me, I don't really care, but I can see how it would be a depressing thing for people whose parents don't accept them. 

• Posted at:

bye blue

@Opal, then ask that of people! don't generalize and demoralize an entire community just because it makes you uncomfortable.

• Posted at:

ENFP-TWolfieLG(B)T+

I'm not. I'm saying that I don't support it. People make posts about other stuff they don't support and no one gets blasted about it. I would explain what I think, but then the mods wouldn't let it through. This might not even make it through.

• Posted at:

opal.rb

gender not found

I agree with Luna.

• Posted at:

Yandere

Co-council.Hamilton,sit down.

Genderfluid

Pronouns:They/Them

LGBTQ+ Shipper

"They stole my shoes!"-Kodah,2017

I agree with Diving. She said it much better than I could have XD!

• Posted at:

~Angel~

My Identitis in Christ!

4amigas

Agreeig to disagree is a good idea,but it probably isn't going to happen.Humans don't work that way.

Just put yourself in our shoes.You're already picked on,shamed,ect. in real life,so imagine how it feels when you see "I don't support LGBTQ+"at least once on everything you read. You have your poinion,we have ours,but really?Most of the LGBTQ community is already depressed,& seeing those words on a forum that's supposed to be for evereyone,dosen't help.At all.

• Posted at:

Yandere

Co-council.Hamilton,sit down.

Genderfluid

Pronouns:They/Them

LGBTQ+ Shipper

"They stole my shoes!"-Kodah,2017

saying you don't support lgbt is literally generalizing us. we aren't just a handful of gay people, you know. we have aromantic people and people that like all genders. at least say you don't support lgbt romance, because at least then you aren't saying you don't support an entire community.

if i put "#IDon'tSupportStraights", how would you feel? it seems weird and rude, right? that's how a lot of us feel.

• Posted at:

ENFP-TWolfieLG(B)T+

*glances at rules* I'm not going to get involved. With anything related to this post after this one.

(not angry, on mobile)

• Posted at:

White Quail

Female

Punish the Deed, Not the Breed

Happy * Normal * Lazy *

Please ignore any typos.

#LoveSupportSquiddies

You are worth fighting for, you know we all have battle scars...

Why do people keep forgetting this:

"Do not agree" does NOT equal "hate"

So I'm sorry if you think I hate you because of what I put in my siggy, but that's actually not what I was trying to say. In fact, I specifically put in my siggy "I won't hate anyone who does" for a REASON, but obviously I haven't made my point clear enough yet. Maybe I should spam posts everywhere with what I have in my siggy in size 36 font and the brightest colors I can find. Would that be better?

Would that be good for you?

sorry I had to drop in a Dear Evan Hansen reference

Also, I've seen somebody who supports LGBTQ+ put it in their siggy, but they did it like this: "I don't support people who don't support LGBTQ+."

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~

Christian

i can finally say i believe.

jan. 2016—march 2019

star count: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

who has the time to hesitate?

*tackle hugs Diving* SOMEONE WITH MY OPINION WHO CAN SPEAK PROPERLY! TODAY IS A GREAT DAY!

(not angry, on mobile)

• Posted at:

White Quail

Female

Punish the Deed, Not the Breed

Happy * Normal * Lazy *

Please ignore any typos.

#LoveSupportSquiddies

You are worth fighting for, you know we all have battle scars...

@Ruby, and that is completely fine! you're at least saying it doesn't matter to you if others are okay with it. it makes it less harmful.

also, that is another example of something that just doesn't need to be said. i don't think that's right because we get persecuted a lot- there's no need to persecute others.

• Posted at:

ENFP-TWolfieLG(B)T+

YES RUBYLAV

RUBYLAV DOESN'T SUPPORT LGBTQ+ BUT HER SIGGY CLEARLY SAYS SHE DOESN'T HATE THE PEOPLE WHO DO

AND SHE DOESN'T

I'VE NEVER SEEN HER SAY ANYTHING DISRESPECTFUL RELATING TO LGBTQ+

I even support it, and I think everyone has the right to put opinions in their siggy, as long as they don't hate anyone.

Hootsie, you do have a good point, but so does Diving and RubyLav.

• Posted at:

Snowbelle

1 ,