Prologue (8 years earlier)

The SkyWing was patiently watching her egg. Any time now. Suddenly, the egg cracked. Not a long crack, but a tiny one that showed the dragonet inside was trying to get out. Another crack appeared, then another. Finally, the SkyWing couldn't resist anymore. She gently picked up the egg, and it instantly shattered, revealing not one, but two dragonets. She dropped them with a hiss. No. After all the secrecy, after all the risks I've taken, I'm rewarded with a firescales and a fireless? part of her brain roared. It doesn't matter, the other part argued. I'll love them as if they were normal. She gently picked up the fireless dragons and moved her away from her sister. The young dragon let out a yelp of shock that echoed eerily around. "It's okay, little one. I'm your mother." The other dragonet tried to move back to her sister, but the SkyWing found a long rock and gently nudged her back. There was a sudden wooshing sound and a patrol of five SkyWing soldiers marched into the cave. The biggest one shook out his wings and sent out a burst of flame, illuminating the cave. His eyes narrowed when he saw the SkyWing and the two dragonets. "Breeze. Fetch the queen," he ordered. A younger SkyWing nodded, and flew out of the cave. "You," he added, nodding to the remaining three. "Pin down the mother. Leave the dragonets." The female had been too scared to move, but suddenly let out a burst of flame. "QUICKLY!" he ordered. A few minutes passed, and then Breeze returned with the queen. “Your Majesty,” the SkyWing said, trying to bow with the guards on top of her. “Cirrus,” the queen responded curtly. She flicked her tail suddenly, and the male leaped at her, claws at her throat. “Falcon! Please no!” Cirrus cried. “You know the penalty for disobedience, sister.” Falcon replied. “Do it,” she added to the guard. With a sudden crack, Cirrus fell to the ground, dead. The queen of the SkyWings turned to fly away, but spotted something out of the corner of her eye. The dragonets. “Well, well, well. What do we have here?”

MODS PLEASE LET THIS THROUGH IT TOOK ME FOREVER

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

ivy

why are uppercase and lowercase letters a thing? why don't we just write in all caps or all lc.? it's basically just western languages that do this? is this another relic of our eurocentric mentality and world? if so, i reject this way of life

Please comment and ignore any typos I was on mobile

• Posted at:

ivy

why are uppercase and lowercase letters a thing? why don't we just write in all caps or all lc.? it's basically just western languages that do this? is this another relic of our eurocentric mentality and world? if so, i reject this way of life

Very nice! :3

• Posted at:

Oooo! I'm excited to see what'l, come next!

• Posted at:

-=/Azure/=-

~{This siggy is currently under construction}~

Final poke before I post the fanfic thread

• Posted at:

ivy

Looks interesting. I'll definitely read it.

• Posted at:

✦ <> Silverskies <> ✦

♫ QueeoScrollanLibraries ♫

~<>~ ”To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold.” ~Aristotle ~<>~

I wonder what will happen... THIS IS SO EXCITING SI FAR!!! 

• Posted at:

<<{Hyperbole}>>

Queen of Shadows

812stars

#LegendsAreBornSingle 

People need hugs.

Stars can’t shine without darkness.”

one of the 6% who believe Rakes are shy & lovable creatures, copy & paste if you agree