Note: Characters were chosen based on who I like and think I can write somewhat well. Continuity is...mostly MCU? But with a little bit of comics thrown in because Doreen? And the title of the first chapter is sort of an in-joke--while watching the first Captain America movie, my little brother commented, "Wow, these people are good at things!"

Anyway, I hope you like it!

Now watch while I try to post this four times and fail because I'm too scared to press "Create Topic"...

Chapter 1: In Which People Who Are Good At Things Get Turned Into Dragons

Captain America

“Hey. Wake up.”

The concerned voice was the first thing to break through the haze, followed shortly by a splitting headache.

“Hey.” A small hand nudged his shoulder gently, then withdrew. Why did his body hurt so much? It felt like it was burning all over. “Oh, what do I do? Should I try to splash him with water? That’s what they always do in the scrolls…. C’mon, wake up.”

Everything felt wrong. Not just the pain--although it did feel remarkably like someone was stabbing him repeatedly with a hot knife and/or shrapnel. It felt like his hands were shaped wrong, and his face was shaped wrong, and he had extra limbs flopping all over the place, and when he ran his tongue along his teeth it seemed like someone had replaced them with daggers.

The small hand poked him again, and he twitched and groaned. The girlish voice breathed a sigh of relief. “Okay, so you’re not dead. That’s good. Definitely good.”

Steve Rogers slowly opened his eyes, wincing at the sudden influx of sunlight, and turned his head to look at the source of the voice.

Unexpectedly, the one sitting by his side was a dragon.

She was small for what he expected of her kind, about the size of an average twelve-year-old girl, with scales covered in shifting swirls of light blue and green, almost like a chameleon. A long tail curled behind her, and bat-like wings tinged pink and yellow were held slightly open. She sat by his side, looking at him with large golden eyes.

They were outside in what looked like a forest clearing. How did he get outside? He didn’t think he’d been outside when...when what? What had happened? Hadn’t it been sunset? What was going on here?

Steve shoved the questions out of his mind and refocused on the dragon. She broke into a relieved smile as he met her gaze, and the pink on her wings seemed to melt down to cover parts of her back. “Hi.”

“Hi,” Steve replied. Argh, his mouth felt so wrong. At least his headache was starting to fade now, although his whole body still burned. “Wh-who are you?”

“I’m Vibrant,” she replied.

“I can see that,” Steve grunted. Of all the colors that swirled across her scales, not one of them was dull.

“No, silly, I mean my name is Vibrant.” Nearby, there was a rustling noise, and Vibrant looked up, her gaze darkening, and the edges of her wings changed back to emerald. “I should go help your friends.”

Somebody broke into a coughing fit, and then a familiar voice said, “Ow.”

“Tony?” Steve lifted his head. Okay, he was definitely dizzy; it felt like his head had moved way farther up than it should have been able to. Fainting, amnesia, dizziness, headaches...weren’t those symptoms of a concussion?

He blinked. Tony was nowhere in sight; the only other creature he could see (unless that white lump at the far edge of the clearing wasn’t a rock) was a large black dragon, lying on it’s belly near the center with one wing spread out. One talon clutched its forehead, and its brown eyes looked somewhat unfocused.

“Tony?” Steve asked again, more uncertainly.

“What happened?” the black dragon asked, or at least it was the dragon moving its mouth, but it was Tony Stark’s voice. “Weren’t we inside--” He trailed off and shook his head as if to clear it. He blinked at Steve, eyes narrowed in confusion and suddenly much more focused. “Steve, you’re a dragon.”

“So are you,” Steve replied, and then the full impact of the words hit him and he had to lie back down. He held a hand up to his face, and it was covered in scarlet scales and had long white claws and was unmistakably a dragon’s hand.

There was a moment of silence, except for birdsong and the wind in the trees and the sound of Vibrant shifting around. And then Tony said, “So...does anyone know what’s going on?”

Vibrant shook her head. Steve tried to as well, but something stopped the movement. He reached up and found what seemed to be long, curved horns jutting from the back of his skull and catching on the ground. “Huh.”

“I have no clue what’s happening,” Vibrant admitted. “I just...I just found you both here, and the SandWing and the RainWing over there, lying in the middle of the woods, and I didn’t know what to do…” Her body was now almost entirely dark green, with scattered scales pale blue and purple. Her wings folded up all the way, and she hunched her shoulders a bit, curling her tail in closer to her body. “I’m just glad you’re not hostile.”

Steve slowly rolled over and onto all fours, wincing at the pain, but a wave of dizziness forced him to sit down. It felt weird and off-balance until he put his hands on the ground, like a dog, and then it seemed more natural.

He turned to look at Tony, and in doing so, he managed to whack Vibrant in the face with...with…

“Ack! Watch your wings!” the little dragon yelped, jerking away.

Right. Dragon. That meant...wings. And a tail.

“This feels remarkably like having four arms,” Tony noted.

Steve raised an eyebrow. “You’ve had four arms before?”

“No. But hypothetically. The structure is the same, and so moving them should be just...like...raising a hand.” As he said the last few words, Tony slowly lifted his wings, spreading them to their full reach. The undersides were speckled with silver, like the sky at night.

Steve mimicked him, purposefully lifting his wings and spreading them out, taking care to go over Vibrant’s head this time. One wing ran into the trees at the edge of the clearing before reaching its full extent, but the other stretched out as far as it could go, large and scarlet and nearly as long as Tony’s whole wingspan on its own.

“What’s wrong with you two?” Vibrant asked. “You’re acting like you’ve never had wings before.” But before they could reply, she shook her head and said, “No, you know what? I’m going to help the others before I ask you questions. Close your wings already, it’s rude to keep them open like that.” Both of them quickly closed their wings. Vibrant stepped around Tony and over to a dragon that Steve hadn’t noticed before, one on the far side of the clearing with scales the color of reddish sand. The thing Steve had thought was maybe a rock was a dragon too, now that he looked closer, white with hints of green and some sort of frill around its ears. Vibrant was the only other dragon here who had that.

The sand-colored dragon opened coal-black eyes and smirked slightly as Vibrant reached a talon towards it. “Don’t bother,” it said with Natasha Romanoff’s voice. “I’m awake.”

Vibrant paused, frowning. “How long have you been awake?”

“A few minutes.” Natasha swished her long tail, diamond patterns down her spine rippling. “I didn’t want to interrupt.”

Vibrant blinked, shrugged, and moved on to the last dragon.

“We were fighting,” Steve remembered suddenly. “Against that scientist. Us three and Bucky and...Squirrel Girl, was it? Doreen Green?”

Tony nodded in confirmation, remembrance dawning in his eyes. “He must have done something to us...turned us into dragons, and dropped us here?”

“Seems like an ineffective way to fight your enemies,” Natasha noted. “Give them built-in armor, flight, claws, and presumably fire breath?”

“Whatever he did,” Tony said, “it hurts.”

The last dragon in the clearing groaned and twitched, and the tiny patches of green in its scales slowly began to expand--clearly it was the same type of dragon as Vibrant, since nobody else’s scales seemed to be changing color like that.

“Someone’s missing,” Natasha said suddenly. “There should be five of us.”

“You’re right.” Steve got to his feet--it was weird to stand on all four legs and have it feel natural--ignoring another brief wave of dizziness and burning pain. “I’ll go look around.”

He stepped into the trees and began searching in an ever-widening spiral, scanning the area. His tail occasionally banged painfully into trees, and his wings wouldn’t quite stay in control, which was frustrating, but the dizziness and pain seemed to have mostly subsided now. He could hear the bubbling of a small stream; occasionally he spotted a chipmunk or a deer.

He finally found the last member of their group curled against a small rise near the river, facing away from him; their scales glittered white like new-fallen snow, and a mane of sharp spikes jutted from their head and neck.

“Hey,” Steve called out.

The dragon’s tail twitched, but they didn’t turn towards him. “Steve?” That was definitely Bucky’s voice.

“Yeah.”

“Hi.” Bucky coughed raggedly. “I think either we all just died in a fire, or I both have a concussion and am slowly being murdered by acid-spitting termites. That, or I’m really drunk.”

“Actually, we got turned into dragons by a crazy scientist.”

“Huh.” Bucky experimentally extended one wing and closed it again. “The next person who tries to get me to enter a lab for any reason is going to get punched hard. Or clawed, whatever works.” He rolled over--somewhat awkwardly, as he had to maneuver around wings and spikes. “Also, I seem to be missing an arm. And did I mention that everything hurts?”

Steve explained to Bucky what little they knew of the situation on the way back to where the others waited. When they reached the clearing, Tony and Natasha were chatting, Vibrant was resting with her head on the ground, and the last dragon in their group--presumably Doreen--was deep in conversation with a pair of squirrels, but everyone looked up as they arrived.

Vibrant bounced to her feet, scales bleeding from pale blue to gold. “Great, you’re back!”

“Your arm is missing,” Tony noted to Bucky.

“Thanks, I noticed,” Bucky replied flatly. His metal arm had apparently not made the transition to dragon, which made walking as a quadruped somewhat awkward.

Vibrant looked around at the gathered dragons. “Hello everyone, I’m Vibrant, and you all need to tell me your names. After that, we’re going to go find Quagmire and see if he can help us figure out what the heck is going on.”

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Such is the path of a dreamer: I find my way by moonlight.

~Oncilla~

Queen of Non SequiturBookwyrmsPangolinsand Bones

Trash Squad, WerewolfGASTER FOLLOWER

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

WoFMBer Dec. 2014-Mar. 2019

Man this is really good!!!

• Posted at:

~Arrow~

She/her

:Christian:

~Aromantic

~Vegan

~Percussionist

~Mutant

~Mangake artist

"Go sit on a reef" ~ Anemone....

"We are not doing get help..." ~ Loki

"Yo! I should let ya know I get torked when people ignore me! " ~ Jubilation Lee (Earth-616)

poke

• Posted at:

~Oncilla~

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

I love this, but I always thought that tony would be a skywing and black widow would be a night/rain hybrid. you should keep going. 

• Posted at:

Onyx   

I Am A Ray of Sun Shine.

I LOVE ART.

Music is my passion.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. 

Maybe i like that I'm not alright

poke

• Posted at:

~Oncilla~

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

bump

• Posted at:

~Oncilla~

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

So glad that someone had utilized the brilliant naming coincidence of scavengers

• Posted at:

It’s the hydra fellow

#furryrightsactivist

#endpitbullracism

#blicket

“Boi” is a gender neutral term

star count:  14400 (+589)

page count:  242

this is so awesome!!!

• Posted at:

▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Sea The Queen Of Random █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ 

The Master Of Fish Puns

I've Gotta Jar Of Dirt

Main Peeps

Wave,Dune,Ivy,ɥɔʇılפ,Depth,Radar

ĐØɆ₴ ₳₦Ɏ฿ØĐɎ ɆVɆ₦ ₵₳ⱤɆ?

▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Protect the Ocean░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂

Noddles

Thank you all! :D

• Posted at:

~Oncilla~

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

OH MY BEJEEZUS THIS IS WONDERFULLLLL

• Posted at:

Call me Gryffin

FORUM FIREFIGHTER

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

FORUM BRO

CFI LEVEL 4

AV VITALITY PROXY

✡PROUD JEW✡

Nosebleed King

#3Musketeers

#BROSQUAD

REMEMBER ANGEL

This is amazing

• Posted at:

<~Spring~>

PLUVIOPHILE (n) A lover of rain; someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days

#Ravenclawpride

#Noflameinthelibrary

#RememberTheLost

LightSPIDER

Im a nostalgic kiddo I can’t change my signature help

This is really good!

• Posted at:

Snowfox

Slytherin

daughter of Hades

I need a better signature...

"People are trying to read here!" ~Hisoka Kurosaki

You should put Loki in here, he should be a sky/ice hybrid, makes sense to me. 

• Posted at:

~Void~

This is amazing! Keep Going!

• Posted at:

~Darkness~  

"What we do in life echoes in eternity." -Maximus, Gladiator

Shapeshifter

[She/her]

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, molded by it." -Bane

| Owner of Heart of a Warrior! |

This is really good! 

• Posted at:

°.•○|~|Blizzy|~|°.•○Quidelever  

#Marvel

#Classic Rock

"PaINt iT bLAcK"

°.•○S P A C E  O D D I T Y○•.

Bookmark

• Posted at:

TheColorblindSeawing:  (Splashy!

KingofQibli

He/Him Joined May 30th 2017  LGBTQA+ 

MY POOR LITTLE SPIDERMAN

ZombieApocalypseWar RP: 324608

JadeMountainCurse Fanfic:323965

DemigodQuest(DQ) FWRP: 324649

*A MILLION THUMBS UP*

• Posted at:

~DREAMER/ENDER DRAGON~

Goddess of Shadows, Stealth, and Mercenaries

VISIT /307685 FOR MY OC'S

ML: Khali/Shadow Raven

GVE: Dreamer (so far!!!)

PA: Silhouette

I OWN A MAGICAL RABBIT NAMED DAYDREAM

QUEEN OF ROGUEISH CHARACTERS

Chapter 2: Strangers and Scavengers

Quagmire of the MudWings

Quagmire of the MudWings, hobbyist blacksmith and owner of the Griffon’s Head Tavern, knew most, if not all, of the dragons in the town of Cloud Valley, and travelers hardly ever came through the little town except on their way to Jade Mountain in the fall. So it came as a bit of a surprise to him when little Vibrant walked into his tavern leading a mismatched group of multi-tribal strangers.

There was a tall, muscular SkyWing, with scarlet scales and a white underbelly and--unusually--blue eyes. But even more unusual than his eyes was the fact that he seemed to be joking with a snowy-scaled, one-armed IceWing; the two tribes were still bitter over the war that had ended not long ago, and many dragons wouldn’t speak to members of the opposing tribe except to insult them.

Behind the SkyWing and the IceWing was a short, bulky NightWing with brown eyes and a pale silvery-purplish underbelly. Next to him was a sleek, graceful reddish-scaled SandWing with a rattlesnake-like diamond pattern down her spine. And bringing up the rear was a RainWing, bigger than Vibrant but not much older than seven, who appeared to have--was a squirrel on her head? The group was attracting quite a few stares from the patrons of the tavern.

As the group neared the tavern’s bar, the IceWing accidentally hit one of the SkyWing patrons with his tail. Ibex, Quagmire thought it was, although it might have been Grackle--the cousins were sometimes hard to tell apart. “Hey!” the sky dragon snapped. Yes, definitely Ibex.

Ibex turned around and glared at the IceWing. “Watch it, slush-brain, unless you want to lose the other arm too.”

The IceWing gave him a quick glance and kept walking.

Ibex did not like this, especially since he was drunk. He stood up, knocking his chair over with a thump, and snorted smoke in the IceWing’s face. “Don’t ignore me, northern scum!”

The IceWing fixed Ibex with a level glare. For a moment, the two held each other’s gazes silently. “I think you’d rather I ignored you,” the IceWing said finally, tail tip flicking.

Ibex looked ready to keep fighting, but Grackle put a talon on his shoulder. “Don’t push it,” Grackle pleaded.

Ibex growled quietly, but backed off. He didn’t give up without a parting shot, however; he blew a bit more smoke out and said, “Go back to the frozen wasteland where you belong.”

Quagmire tensed and set down the glass he’d been cleaning, preparing to jump out and stop them if the fight descended into physical violence, but the IceWing didn’t move, and Grackle pulled Ibex back to their table, saying, “Sorry about my cousin, he’s drunk and he hasn’t liked IceWings since the war. I hope he didn’t cause you too much trouble.”

Vibrant stepped up to the bar and propped one elbow up on it. “Heya, Quag.”

“I see you made some new friends,” he replied mildly.

Vibrant nodded. “Yeah. They’re all crazy. The RainWing talks to squirrels and the SkyWing and IceWing are friends and they have the weirdest names and from the way they behave I’m half-convinced they’re all scavengers that got themselves turned into dragons somehow.”

Scavengers?” the NightWing asked, sounding offended.

Vibrant shrugged. “You know, the treasure-loving hairless monkeys that run around on two legs being astonishingly clever for the most part, except for the ones who decide it’s a good idea to start civil wars by killing world leaders.”

The IceWing visibly flinched at that.

Vibrant looked at him with bewilderment. “I was joking. I’m pretty sure you didn’t kill Oasis; it was more of a...a joke about how scavengers sometimes do stupid things like attack dragons. I don’t actually think you guys are scavengers.”

The NightWing and the SandWing shared a look. Vibrant didn’t notice, but Quagmire did. Did they actually think they were scavengers given dragon form?

“Anyway,” she said, “guys, this is Quagmire of the MudWings. He’s smart, and he might be able to help you. Quagmire, this is Steve, Tony, Bucky, Doreen, and Natasha.” She gestured to each of them with a purple-tinged wing as she said their name.

Quagmire nodded. Vibrant was right, their names were very unusual. He didn’t say so, however. Instead, he simply asked, “So where did you meet these people, Vibrant?”

“I found ‘em conked out in the middle of Deathbringer Woods,” she said. Quagmire raised an eyebrow.

“That’s not an ominous name or anything,” Tony commented.

Vibrant giggled. “No, no, it’s named after Queen Glory’s husband. It used to be Crimson Woods, before Queen Ruby turned the territory over to the RainWings.”

“Mallow!” Quagmire called. Tony replied to Vibrant, but Quagmire ignored it.

His sister poked her head out of the kitchen. “Yeah, Quag?

“Can you watch the bar for a bit? I’ve gotta talk to some people.”

Mallow nodded and stepped up to the bar. She lightly brushed Quagmire’s wing with her own, saying, “You go ahead. I’ve got it covered, Bigwings.”

“Thanks,” he replied. He turned back towards the group of strangers. “Vibrant and friends, come with me. I’ve got more than a few questions to ask you.” Without waiting for a response, he turned and whisked into the back room.

---------------------------------------

Black Widow

After a quick whispered conversation about the trustworthiness of Quagmire (“If he’s evil, we can just beat him up,” pointed out Doreen, effectively ending the discussion) they followed the brown dragon through the tavern’s kitchen and into a spacious back room. At the far end of the room, a large door opened to the outside, and each of the side walls had a decent-sized window in it (possible escape routes in case they needed them, Natasha noted). Shelves and tables around the room held scraps and ingots of metal that Tony was eying with interest; metalworking tools hung from the walls.

“So,” Quagmire said in his gruff voice, settling down on the floor. Vibrant frisked over and dropped down next to him. “You all need to explain what is going on here. How did you all end up knocked out in the woods?”

“We’re not entirely sure,” Tony said. “We were fighting a crazy scientist in Boston, and then we woke up in...Deathbringer Woods. We have no idea how we ended up here.”

“Oh!” Doreen suddenly realized. “Wickerwist, can you go ask the other squirrels if they saw anything? Maybe they’ll know what’s going on!”

The squirrel on her head made a chittering sound and jumped out the window. Everyone  stared after it for a moment, and then Quagmire looked at Doreen. “Do you, uh...actually think it’s going to come back?” he questioned.

“Of course!” Doreen said. “I’ve never met a squirrel who wouldn’t--well, except Ratatoskr, but she was kiiinda evil.”

“Ratted-what?” Vibrant asked.

“Is this normal for her?” Quagmire asked.

Tony shrugged. “Pretty much.”

“Are you entirely sure you don’t just all have concussions?”

Everyone except Doreen shook their head.

“I don’t think turning into a dragon is a normal symptom of concussion,” Doreen pointed out.

“You mean to tell me that you really do think you’re a scavenger?”

Doreen shrugged, bright colors rippling across her scales. “Well, we call ourselves humans, but it sounds like it, yeah.”

“Yep,” Tony confirmed, and Steve nodded.

“So we’re trusting him, then?” Natasha asked.

Bucky grimaced. “Apparently.”

Quagmire blinked. “Really. All of you are pretty sure you used to be scavengers?”

Everyone nodded, a few of them reluctantly.

“Well.” Quagmire breathed out a long, ponderous plume of smoke, considering this. “I suppose you’d better tell me everything you know about the circumstances.”

Steve and Tony took the lead in explaining what they knew--which, admittedly, wasn’t much. Vibrant and Quagmire listened intently.

Doreen’s squirrel returned as they finished, and it immediately jumped to her arm and started chattering at her. Waves of yellow and blue rippled down across her back as she listened intently to the little rodent, nodding occasionally and sometimes making squirrelish noises of her own.

“So it really did come back,” Quagmire observed.

“What’s he saying?” Tony asked.

She, actually,” corrected Doreen. “She says some of her friends saw us.”

“Chhhtkkt chiuuk!” the squirrel announced, leaping to a better vantage point atop Doreen’s head.

“Okay, so, a bunch of different squirrels told Wicker that they were going about their normal business when they saw a huge flash of light and heard a sound like, what was it--”

“Chit chik chukkit.”

“--A stormcloud collapsing in on itself, apparently. They went to investigate and found a bunch of knocked-out dragons that hadn’t been there before--us, presumably.”

Natasha frowned. “Didn’t your squirrel see anything?”

“No, I picked up Wickerwist right outside town,” Doreen explained. “Anything else, Wick?” The squirrel shook its head.

“Well, I suppose that’s not any crazier than the rest of this.” Quagmire sighed. “I still think you’re mental, but for now I’m going to play along. I assume you all want to turn back into scavengers and go home?”

“Definitely,” Tony said. He’d gotten ahold of some copper wires from somewhere in the room and was absently twisting them. “I have a multinational corporation to run, after all.”

Natasha nodded. “I have a job too, and people will notice if half of the Avengers disappear.”

“Being a dragon is amazing and all,” Doreen added, “but Nancy would kill me if I vanished. Also, I have school.”

“And don’t forget we’re supposed to be saving the world,” Steve pointed out.

“Saving the world?” Vibrant asked, golden eyes wide.

“Yeah!” Doreen said. “We’re super heroes. We fight crime and beat up bad guys!”

“Cool.” Splashes of bright yellow bloomed across Vibrant’s scales as she looked at Doreen with newfound admiration.

“Woah there,” Quagmire said, putting his large talon on Vibrant’s shoulder. “Don’t you go getting ahead of yourself; I won’t have you racing off to try and take on the Shadow Claws on your own. Or with friends,” he hastily added as Vibrant opened her mouth.

Shadow Claws. Interesting. She’d have to ask about that later.

Quagmire looked over at Bucky. “What about you, snowflakes? You desperate to get back to wherever scavengers live?”

Everyone except Quagmire and Bucky himself snorted or giggled. Bucky shot Quagmire an exasperated look. “Yeah, don’t call me Snowflakes.”

“You’re Snowflakes forever now,” Steve informed him. Everyone nodded, and Quagmire shrugged apologetically.

“You’re all going to regret this someday.” Bucky sighed, resigning himself to his fate. “Anyway, I don’t actually care that much about going back. Everything that normally keeps me on Earth is already here.”

“Okay then,” Quagmire said. “We’re going to need to figure out how you got here. In order to do that, you all are going to need to blend a little bit better, because, let’s face it, you stick out like NightWings in the Ice Kingdom.”

Natasha nodded. “We’re definitely going to need covers.”

“Definitely. Oh, and before I forget, when we’re done here my sister is going to do a background check on you all, since for all I know you could be Shadow Claws agents who are here to assassinate us,” Quagmire said.

“Yep, and you’re going to explain who these ‘Shadow Claws’ you keep mentioning are,” Natasha replied.

“Alright. Covers first, though.” Quagmire cleared his throat. “Time for crash course Pyrrhia.”

• Posted at:

~Oncilla~

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

WOOOO!!!!! GOOO AVENGERS!!!!!!

• Posted at:

~DREAMER/ENDER DRAGON~

poke

• Posted at:

~Oncilla~

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

poke

• Posted at:

~Oncilla~

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

I've never watched/read/whatever Avengers, but your story is really good! :D

• Posted at:

Snowfox

Slytherin

daughter of Hades

I need a better signature...

"People are trying to read here!" ~Hisoka Kurosaki

poke

• Posted at:

~Oncilla~

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

I love this so far!

• Posted at:

{Hyperbole}

{She/her} 

"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." George Shaw 

Here to the end, and will be there in our new home.

"The forums are not a place, it's a people." Happeh

This is one of the most amazing fics I've read on here oh my bejeezus ONCILLA YOU TALENTED LITTLE SQUIRT

• Posted at:

Call me Gryffin

FORUM FIREFIGHTER

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

FORUM BRO

CFI LEVEL 4

AV VITALITY PROXY

✡PROUD JEW✡

Nosebleed King

#3Musketeers

#BROSQUAD

REMEMBER ANGEL

Once again, thank you guys

• Posted at:

~Oncilla~

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

I have a slight suggestion for this......

Maybe, one of these days, either Bucky or Steve should break up a tavern fight

Like, dragons will be fighting and Steve or Bucky comes between them and is like, "Nobody needs to hurt tonight."

It will be AMAZING

• Posted at:

~DREAMER/ENDER DRAGON~

I shall consider it

• Posted at:

~Oncilla~

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

I thought that scavengers couldn't speak the same language as dragons.

• Posted at:

Crevice the Indominus Rex

FN-2199

Jurassic World <3

#RaptorSquad

Blue

NeRf BaStIoN

omg this is so cool! 

• Posted at:

▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Sea The Queen Of Random █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ 

The Master Of Fish Puns

I've Gotta Jar Of Dirt

Main Peeps

Wave,Dune,Ivy,ɥɔʇılפ,Depth,Radar

ĐØɆ₴ ₳₦Ɏ฿ØĐɎ ɆVɆ₦ ₵₳ⱤɆ?

▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Protect the Ocean░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂

Noddles

up

• Posted at:

~DREAMER/ENDER DRAGON~

MOOOOORE!  I NEED MORE!

By the way this is the best fan-fic I've read in a while.

• Posted at:

Wings

She/Her

Gay and proud

I've left, for now. Nightmare, Eventide, The Silver Dragoness and Indigo Raven, if you ever come back, go to /310535

I'm here for you

I'll vouch for you

I'll cry for you

Yes I pray, but not to God

#HopeForHurricane

HAVE YOU SEEN THE INFINITY WAR TRAILER

• Posted at:

<~Spring~>

PLUVIOPHILE (n) A lover of rain; someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days

#Ravenclawpride

#Noflameinthelibrary

#RememberTheLost

LightSPIDER

YES

HYPE

• Posted at:

~Oncilla~

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

I GOT CHILLS WHEN I WATCHED IT AHHHHH

we have to wait months though ugh

• Posted at:

<~Spring~>

#Ravenclawpride

#Noflameinthelibrary

#RememberTheLost

LightSPIDER

NO SERIOUSLY

Me and my sister watched the Infinity War trailer before school, and I had to force myself not to scream with excitement during history.

But we screamed in the car for twenty seconds straight

• Posted at:

~DREAMER/ENDER DRAGON~

up

• Posted at:

~DREAMER/ENDER DRAGON~

Chapter 3: Covers, Interrogation, and Other Stuff Natasha is Good At

Iron Man

It didn’t take long to select cover names, after Quagmire finished giving them a rundown of the different dragon tribes, their abilities, and their naming conventions. Bucky disappointingly managed to end up as Elk instead of Snowflakes (also rejected: Doreen’s suggestion of “Wolverine”); everyone agreed that Doreen should be Squirrel and Steve should be Eagle; Natasha became Spider; Tony, after some deliberation, was given the name Metalseeker.

Now, since Quagmire’s sister was apparently too busy to interrogate them, they stood at the top of a cliff overlooking the little town where Quagmire and Vibrant lived.

“So let me get this straight,” Tony said, gazing down at the trees and buildings below. “You want us to jump off this cliff?” His tail scraped against the ground, and he barely restrained himself from flinching; it was endlessly bizarre to suddenly have three extra limbs.

“That’s right,” Quagmire replied nonchalantly from his perch on a nearby rock. Vibrant wasn’t with them, having stayed behind in town. “Can’t fly without falling, and if you’re really scavengers, you’re gonna need to learn how.”

“You’re not scared, are you, Tony?” Doreen asked playfully.

He gave her a flat look. “I’m Iron Man. I fly all the time. Are you scared?”

“Heck no! Hold on, Wicker.” The squirrel barely had time to grab onto Doreen’s horn before she launched herself over the cliff. Tony rolled his eyes and followed her.

The sensation of falling was a familiar one, and he almost expected his thrusters to kick in. But no, this was a different kind of flight.

He spread his wings. There was a jolt of pain in his shoulders, and suddenly he was suspended in the air as if by a parachute.

Nearby, Doreen let out a whoop. Her whole body was colored a bright yellow. She flapped her wings, pushing her up into the sky, but a fumbled upstroke dropped her back down to where Tony was.

Tony narrowed his eyes and pushed downward with his own wings. It sent him upwards, but his height gain was likewise negated as he pulled his wings back into a gliding position.

Hmm. The motion of winged flight clearly couldn’t be as simple as down-up-down, because all the lift was canceled out by the upstroke. So maybe...maybe it was more like swimming? Pull your wings in before bringing them up?

He tried it, and was launched above the clifftop. That worked, he thought, feeling rather smug.

“Spread your wings all the way,” Quagmire barked down to one of the others, and then looked up at Tony with a raised eyebrow. “You said this was your first time flying?”

“With wings, yeah.”

The MudWing sat back on his haunches and folded his arms, looking unimpressed. “You normally use fairy dust, then? Animus magic? Alien superpowers?”

“Technology, actually.” Tony lost the rhythm of his wingbeats and dropped several feet, to about the same eye level as Quagmire. At that point he decided to land.

Quagmire held his gaze for a moment, then sighed. “I honestly don’t know whether to believe you. If you’re fakers, you’re astonishingly adept at pretending you don’t know anything about the world. If you actually are scavengers magically turned to dragons, then barring animus magic you’re a scientific impossibility. If you’re sincere, but crazy, well...it’s pretty hard to deny that your friend really does talk to squirrels, so obviously you’re not normal.”

“I don’t think most people consider crazy to be normal,” Tony pointed out. “And we’re telling the truth.”

Quagmire snorted. “That’s what you’d say if you were lying.”

“Hey, Tony!” Doreen called.

“Metalseeker,” Natasha corrected from below. “Use the cover names.”

“Right, sorry. C’mon, Metalseeker. Don’t just stand there and be boring. Come fly!”

Quagmire flicked a wing at him dismissively. “Yeah, she’s right, go have fun. We’ll probably go over this again later, anyway.”

Tony nodded and jumped off the cliff again. Immediately, a gust of chilly wind picked him up and tossed him away from the cliff.

“Huh. That doesn’t happen with the suits,” he muttered. Normally that kind of breeze would barely knock him around--but then, normally he wasn’t flying with the equivalent of sails strapped to his back. Of course, he didn’t have it as bad as Steve. With those giant SkyWing wings, he’d been launched halfway across the valley.

There was a flash of dark bronze at the edge of his vision as Quagmire took to the air. The cold wind gusted again, harder, and the MudWing did some kind of complicated maneuver with his wings to stay in place as everyone else was tossed farther from the cliff. “We’d better get back to the ground,” he announced. “I don’t think you all want to have your first flight in a storm. Mesa should be done with whatever she’s doing for Blazing soon, and until then you can wait in the tavern.” He soared over to Steve and began giving him tips on how to hold his wings.

Tony stopped flapping and began gliding down towards the town. He landed almost-neatly in front of Quagmire’s tavern, then stepped back to watch the others land. Natasha nailed the landing, except for the part where she ended up on the roof. Steve nearly fell over; Bucky did fall over (Tony snickered at that, then felt bad); Doreen missed the tavern entirely and landed several buildings down.

Natasha jumped down from the roof, Doreen scampered over, Bucky got to his feet, and Quagmire landed. “We’re going to have to work on the landing,” the MudWing noted as he pushed open the tavern’s door.

The tavern was now mostly empty, with only a few patrons scattered through the room. The SkyWings from earlier were not among those who remained, luckily.

Quagmire led them to an unoccupied table near the bar, then disappeared into the kitchen. He returned a moment later and dropped several loaves of bread, a basket of nuts, and a large orange onto the table. “This is on the house, but don’t expect further handouts.”

“Noted. So, this Mesa…” Tony said. “Is she hot?”

Quagmire gave him a look that was halfway between annoyed and amused. “She’ll probably break your arm if you talk to her like that.”

“Sounds pretty hot.”

“I could break your arm,” Bucky offered.

Tony snorted derisively. “It’s not hot when you do it.”

“That’s not the point.”

The dragon at the bar, the one Quagmire had gotten to replace him, laughed suddenly. “Bergschrund,” she said.

“Who?” Steve asked.

Quagmire raised an eyebrow at the other MudWing and explained, “Bergschrund was a guy who got too close to Mesa. She...oh my, she actually did break his arm, didn’t she?” He laughed too. “Moons, I’d forgotten she actually did that. That’s funny.”

Tony picked up one of the loaves of bread. Quagmire hadn’t provided a knife, so he tore off a hunk of bread with his claws. Doreen and her squirrel, he noted, had already eaten half of the basket of nuts.

“Anyway, I can take over again,” Quagmire said to the current bartender, moving over to rest his front claws on the bar.

She replied, “You owe me dinner now, Quag. Also an introduction; who are these strangers that are so interesting you drop everything to talk to them and don’t come back for two hours?”

“Of course. Scavengers, this is my sister Mallow. Mal, this is Eagle, Squirrel, Metalseeker, Spider, and Elk. I’d tell you more, but Mesa needs to talk to them and I’m only explaining once."

Mallow’s eyes widened. “Blazing’s involved?”

“I didn’t say Blazing was involved, I said Mesa needed to talk to them,” Quagmire grunted, walking around to the other side of the bar. “There’s a difference.”

“Okay, so who’s Blazing and what does he have to do with us?” Natasha asked.

“Glory’s little cabal of spies? Nothin’,” Quagmire replied. “Unless you’re Shadow Claws, but then you’d know who they were.”

Mallow snorted. “She asked who they are, Quag, you missed that part.” She turned towards the little group of ex-humans. “The Blazing Initiative is an organization of detectives and information specialists. Queen Glory and Queen Ruby founded it to combat the Shadow Claws or something like that. Our sister Mesa w--has a friend who works for them. Haven’t you heard of them?”

“Okay, dragon SHIELD. Makes sense. No, we haven’t heard of them.” Natasha folded her arms. “Are you people ever going to tell me who the Shadow Claws are, or am I going to have to figure it out myself?”

“Didn’t my brother tell you anything?” Mallow gave Quagmire an exasperated look and explained, “The Shadow Claws are a secret society dedicated to--well, actually, nobody’s sure what their goals are, but there are rumors that they intend to overthrow the queens. They’re fond of assassinations and infiltration and, you know, other spy-type stuff.”

“Spy-type stuff?” Quagmire asked dryly, and Mallow shrugged.

“Of course there’s an evil secret society,” Bucky mumbled. “When is there not?” He breathed out a small cloud of what looked like glittery smoke, leaving a small pool of frost on the table, and then blinked at it in surprise.

“Sorry about making you watch the bar for so long,” Quagmire said to Mallow. “You should go rest.”

“It’s fine,” Mallow assured him. She started towards the tavern’s kitchen, then paused and looked back towards him. “Quag, you had better come get me when Mesa shows up. I’m not missing whatever the heck is going on here. Oh, and Karst’s out shopping if you need her.”

She disappeared into the kitchen.

• Posted at:

~Oncilla~

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

poke

• Posted at:

~Oncilla~

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

poke

• Posted at:

~Oncilla~

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

1 , , 3 , 4