[Mods, please let this through. Please? It took me quite some time to write, and the only thing possibly bad about it is that there are almost fatal levels of fluff.]

I kinda just scribbled this all down in Docs and was like: Eh, to heck with it -- TO WoF YOU SHALL GO

WARNING: Much fluff.

Dustin Cutler had just moved to Tokyo precisely one week ago, and he felt as if he was going to be getting absolutely nowhere -- he could hardly say a word of Japanese, but it seemed like no one else spoke a word of English, either. At least one of the employees at his new favorite café did, but that was about it.

Until he met Kaiden.

He was at said café when it happened, giving the aforementioned worker -- named Jay Linyx -- his order. “Just the usual,” he told him as he adjusted his baseball cap, not really meeting Jay’s eyes.

“Iced latte? You got it, Dust.” The older boy (could he even call him that? the guy was genderflux, apparently, and very open about it, but Dustin was still getting used to that kind of thing) grinned, not seeming to notice how off the usually cheerful thirteen-year-old was acting.

Going over to sit at a table while he waited for his latte, Dustin didn’t notice anybody approaching him until someone knocked his fist on the table. Jumping, he looked up to see a pale-skinned boy with dark brown hair that stuck up here and there, brow raised in what seemed curiosity.

“Koko ni suwatte mo īdesu ka?” he questioned, and Dustin stared. The other kid sighed, shaking his head, and tried again. “Uh, parlez-vous Français?”

Recognizing the French phrase, Dustin shook his head. Try again, he thought to himself, though he didn’t say it out loud for some reason.

The brunet paused, as if racking his brain for another language, then asked hopefully, “Che ne dici di Italiano?”

Dustin smirked this time, finding this somewhat enjoyable as a frustrated expression crossed the other boy’s face.

“¡Oh vamos! ¿Español?” Another shake of the head. “Svenska?” Dustin just raised his brow.

He knows a lot of languages, he mused as the kid continued with his attempts, but to no avail.

Finally, the brunet slammed his hands on the table. “Are you kidding me?” he exclaimed. “Do you even speak?”

“I do, but I’m surprised you even know English, considering how widely you avoided it,” Dustin responded, amusement in his tone as he spoke for the first time in the past five minutes. “How many languages do you speak, anyways? I counted at least nine different ones, but I doubt that’s all.”

Surprise crossed the boy’s face, his eyes wide, but he shook his head, as if that would rid him of the expression, and answered with a soft, “More than twenty-seven . . .”

It was Dustin’s turn to be shocked. “Twenty-seven?” he managed to choke out. “Dude, that’s awesome!”

The brunet shrugged. “Yeah, whatever,” he said. “I’m Kaiden, by the way. Kaiden Akurai. I was asking if I could sit, if you were wondering.” He fiddled with his necklace, which Dustin had only just noticed now; an orca charm was attached to the end, its top fin surrounded by five sapphire blue circles.

“Dustin Cutler,” the curly-haired boy replied with a warm smile, “but you can call me Dust. Or Cutler -- doesn’t matter. Anyways, I don’t see why not.” Kaiden smiled, taking the seat across from Dustin. There was a pause, then the younger boy blurted, “I, uh, really like your necklace.”

Kaiden blushed. “Thanks,” he mumbled, glancing away as the pale pink turned scarlet and spread to his ears at a snort of laughter from the other boy.

“I --” Dustin was about to say something else, but the sound of someone slamming their hand repetitively against a call bell cut him off.

“Dust!” Jay Linyx called loudly, tone irritated. “DUSTIN! EARTH TO DUSTIN CUTLER! I have your iced latte! Are you going to come get it, or is Akurai being too annoying for you to ignore?”

Dustin shouted an “I’M COMING, (BLEEP)HOLE!” then turned back to Kaiden with a look that said, You know him?

“Long story,” the brunet muttered softly, biting his lip.

Dustin just shook his head. The bell continued ringing. “I better go get that latte before Jay breaks the (bleep)ing bell,” he sighed, standing. Kaiden laughed, smiling at the other boy as he hurried off to retrieve his latte.

“While you were flirting with your boyfriend, your ice melted,” Jay notified the mildly miffed Dustin as he propped his elbows up on the counter, pushing the drink towards the latter with one hand, while his right arm laid flat. The curly-haired boy blushed faintly.

“Shut up,” he mumbled, quickly snatching the -- now formerly -- iced latte from its place. The older teen just hummed, tapping his singular Steller’s jay earring absentmindedly.

As he headed back to the table where Kaiden still waited for him, giving him his apparently signature lopsided smirk, he pondered his feelings for his new friend. I just met him, but . . .

. . . could we be something more?

*end*

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

I WILL NOT ACCEPT THE DOWNFALL OF MY HOME.

//dies

oH MY THIS IS SO ADORABLE 

• Posted at:

v i n e 

you find some way to survive

and you find out you don't have to be happy at all

to be happy you're alive

they / them

@Vine: . . . Make that definitely fatal amounts of fluff.

• Posted at:

up

• Posted at:

up

• Posted at:

up

• Posted at:

UP

• Posted at:

UP

• Posted at:

twenty-seven languages whoa

kaiden is some sort of linguistic genius

• Posted at:

owo Xenon owo

true dat

• Posted at:

up

• Posted at:

up

• Posted at:

UP

• Posted at:

UP

• Posted at:

up

• Posted at:

~DREAMER/ENDER DRAGON~

Goddess of Shadows, Stealth, and Mercenaries

VISIT /307685 FOR MY OC'S

ML: Khali/Shadow Raven

GVE: Dreamer (so far!!!)

PA: Silhouette

I OWN A MAGICAL RABBIT NAMED DAYDREAM

QUEEN OF ROGUEISH CHARACTERS

up

• Posted at:

should i turn this into a collection of dustaiden one-shots

the ship name is still a work in progress, by the way

• Posted at:

do iiiiiit

• Posted at:

v i n e 

to be happy you're alive

they / them

@vine: thou hath convinced moi

• Posted at:

sUCESS
i shall prepare myself to die of fluff multiple times :D

• Posted at:

v i n e 

to be happy you're alive

they / them

More fluff please

• Posted at:

Autumn  [Librarian]

she/her - nerd - gamer

"If you make a mistake and do not

correct it, that is a second mistake."

Homethread: /304740

[Mods, please let this through.]

This one's kind of short, but also a bit intense -- le fluffiness be at the end, mostly, I suppose. :D

Dustin Cutler scrambled for his cell phone, hurriedly snatching it up from its place on the floor. He darted back into the closet, closing the door as quietly and quickly as possible. The curly-haired boy hurriedly opened his contacts, and, rather than dial 911, he clicked on the first name on the list -- Kaiden Akurai. As soon as the ring started, Dustin turned down his ringtone all the way, praying the small sound hadn’t been been heard.

Kaiden picked up almost immediately -- typical for him; he was a rather punctual person, especially with the phone. “Konichiwa?” he said. “What is it, Cutler?

“K-Kaiden,” Dustin breathed, unable to keep the panic out of his tone. “I need you here. Right now. Someone broke into my apartment -- he’s got a gun, and my parents aren’t home, and --”

“Woah, kid,” Kaiden cut in, tone soothing in attempt to calm his friend. “Slow down. Where’s your watch?

“I-I dunno,” stammered the younger boy. “I-It must have s-slipped off my wrist at some point. M-Musketteer is in here w-with me, but I can’t tr-transform without it -- y-you already know that, o-of course, but . . .” He trailed off, biting his lip as his fear grew.

“Where is ‘here’?” the brunet asked gently.

“M-my closet . . .” Dustin managed to whimper.

“Okay, hang on, kid,” Kaiden said. “Stay put, and don’t freak. Ho’m provenienti.

Dustin could take a wild guess at what that meant, and he felt comforted, even if he wasn’t completely sure of what it translated to. “O-okay,” he whispered.

He could’ve sworn he heard Kaiden say “Love you, kid” as the line disconnected, but he shook his head to himself, insisting he was either just hearing things, or the older boy just meant it in a platonic manner. Taking deep breaths, he tried to focus on Kaiden -- as Uragan, coming to rescue him, or just plain Akurai, with that mischievous smile that he had learned to love.

“Why are you smiling?” Musketteer’s hushed voice broke into his thoughts. “This is a serious situation, Cutler! There is no time for smiling!”

“You want me to have a panic attack?” Dustin whispered back, tone agitated. “I’m trying the, oh, I don’t know, think happy thoughts method!”

The Kwami glared right back at him. “Well, for your information --” he started to whisper-yell in response, but was interrupted by the sound of the bedroom door opening.

Both froze, and Dustin could feel his heart pounding in his chest, hammering against his ribcage. With all his might, he prayed it was his friend -- that it was simply Uragan the Orca Miraculous holder, and not the strange man who had practically ripped the doorknob off in order to get in.

And, for once, his praying paid off.

“Dust?” Kaiden’s -- or, technically, Uragan’s -- voice called. “You okay? It’s just me; I promise.”

Dustin stood and cautiously opened the closet door. Standing in the middle of his room was an orca hero he never thought he’d be more happy to see. When Uragan’s gaze swerved towards the closet, there was a whispered “oh my god” as he rushed over to the curly-haired boy, pulling him into a protective and loving embrace.

“I’m so glad you’re all right,” the Miraculous holder managed, and Dustin felt tears well up in his eyes. “You scared me half to death, kid.” Pulling back, he smiled weakly at his younger friend. “And what I said over the phone -- ho’m provenienti . . . it means ‘I’m coming’ in Italian. I guess I was so worried for you that it just slipped out.”

“Thanks, Kaiden,” Dustin said, sniffling somewhat. He then noticed the rather annoyed pair of eyes boring into him. “U-uh, I think it would be best if we looked for my watch . . .”

Uragan laughed. “Yeah,” he replied. “Typhoon, waves roll.” A moment later, it was regular old Kaiden standing before Dustin, his usual lopsided grin lighting up his face.

Somehow, Dustin found himself smiling right back.

*end*

• Posted at:

up

• Posted at:

I need more fluff. 

NEXT!!

• Posted at:

{*}σεт{*}

ѕнєнєяѕριку ρσтαтσ

ɪ ɴ ɴ ɪ ɪʟʟ

ШΔTCH MΣ

Flluuuuuffffff

Good amounts of fluff

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

There's nothing left to say now

Let's only think about love!

You have opened the yawning grave

α σνєя σƒ муѕтєяумαgι¢, αη∂ αηgѕт!

Shoot -- I forgot the title of the previous one.

It's "Ho'm Provenienti," if you couldn't guess.

• Posted at:

up

• Posted at:

up

• Posted at:

up

• Posted at:

up

• Posted at: