We are in the midst of the holiday season and it got me thinking -- do we know about any dragon holidays? We know the dragons of Pyrrhia do celebrate their hatching days (Darkstalker gave Clearsight a special present, if you recall…), but are there others?

What holidays do YOU think they’d celebrate, and what kinds of traditions do you think they’ve created to go with them?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Currently inactive but counting down the days till....

Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen (December 26, 2018!!!)!

(this might already be canon, not sure if i'm forgetting something)

But maybe the old NightWings (in Darkstalker's time) had some sort of moon festival?

• Posted at:

cσяεү

I'm not real. I'm theatre.

"You must be truly desperate to come to me for help." -Loki

MBotF

b o o

ice cold

Sand-wings have the moon festival thing, night-wings used to celebrate the full moon too. 

OOH The tribes should all come together at a randomly picked kingdom and celebrate every three full moons. 

Sea-wings should have a day for like, the Manta ray migration or a dolphin migration since it is thought that they descended from dolphins.

Sky-wings should celebrate the the summer solstice since its the longest day of the year.

Ice-wings should celebrate the winter solstice.

Mud-wings should celebrate a day where they remember their fallen sibs

Rain-wings should celebrate the reuniting of their tribe (when the kidnapped rain-wings were found and when the night-wings joined them)

• Posted at:

『Mockingjay

[Joined June 6th 2017]  

↬[She/Her]↫

Goddess of Fire      and Phoenix's

°BentOverBackwards_1

°{Star|Count}{4814}

"Are you feeling...Flustered?"

❇JorDunDunDun_2❇

I was just wondering if Pyrrhians celebrated some kind of holiday around now when I saw this thread.

...Meh, just a coincidence.

• Posted at:

Disaster

When it really counts the most

The sky falls down

Never able to boast

As you feel yourself drown

When all the happiness is gone

You can see past the lie

No one listens long enough to hear the song

Time has come for a final goodbye

One of the first

• Posted at:

Pineapple

She/Her

Joined November 28th 2017

Proud Christian

Your words were like cotton candy

sugary sweet, but mostly air

--------- -

Fourth

• Posted at:

|||ɴ υ r|||  

|||вυт ιғ ι ѕιт ιɴ тнrαιɴ|||

|||мαyвι cαɴ drowɴ|||

|||ιɴ ѕoмeтнιɴɢ oтнeтнαɴ|||

|||мowɴ тнoυɢнтѕ|||

i don't know what your saying

• Posted at:

Leon Yang

Maybe Icewings have like this one day that they all go hunting on and then have a big feast afterwards (like thanksgiving) called Feast Day or something?

• Posted at:

Pineapple

She/Her

Joined November 28th 2017

Proud Christian

Your words were like cotton candy

sugary sweet, but mostly air

--------- -

I bet they celebrate the Brightest Bight somehow—it may have been significant before the DoD, or after the war they began celebrating it in honor of them.

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

"I've Bin Drinking Distilled Water For So Long That When I Drink Normal Water It Feels Like I'm Swallowing Huge Chunks Of Aluminum"

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

All dragons should celebrate Dragonet day, the day that the was ended. Ooh and the day that Darkstalker was defeated. And maybe the Sky wings should celebrate the day that Queen Ruby defeated Queen Scarlet.

• Posted at:

my OC

Rainwing: Parrot

Seawing: Porpoise

Icewing: Blizzard

Sandwing: Diomondback

Mudwing: Mosqito

Skywing: Blaze

Nightwing: Shadow

HIvewingHorsefly

Leafwing: Spruce

Silkwing: Swallowtail

Call me Luna alpha

Inactive on school days.

Mudwings could have a day of the dead kind of holiday, where they remember their siblings/family since that's so important to them.

• Posted at:

~REY~

The

Jedi

Icewing

Avenger

Slytherin

Renegade

Nightfury

BYU Cougar

TomHolland4Ever

MudWings: A day to remember their fallen sibs, maybe a feast like Thanksgiving.

SeaWings: Coronation Days?  Queen Coral is a bit full of herself, so her and Anemone's birthday maybe.

IceWings: Winter Solstice

SkyWings: Solar Eclipses

SandWings: The Moon Festivals, Summer Solstice

RainWings: Sloth's birthdays, Queen Glory's birthday

NightWings: Lunar Eclipses

Proud Slytherin

You Name It I Ship It, Doesn't Have To Be Straight ggggggg

Solangeloooooo!!!

Cleril is a fruit

Turtlejou, Moonbli, Glorybringer, Ripnami, Starspeaker, Lynter

• Posted at:

Slytherin!!

Daughter of Hecate

Jedi

TEAM IRON MAN

RainWing/SandWing Hybrid

Shipper of All Things   [ Doesn't Have to be Straight  nnnnnnn

Cleril, Ripnami, Glorybringer, Starspeaker, Aukliff, Moonbli, Turtlejou, Lynter, Smorn

CLERIL IS A FRUIT!!!

Jaguar the Rainwing/Nightwing:

They could celebrate the day their current queen took power, the day JMA opened by going round and hugging everyone (because Turtle's brother Fin called it hugging school) and everyone should celebrate the DoD's birthday

• Posted at:

I am Jaguar a RainwingNightwing hybrid

ILOVEWINGSOFFIRE

Rockclimbing

GuardiansOfTheGalaxy

Proudtobekiwi

wtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwt

Ugh I meant Brightest *Night

I really like the ideas about a MudWing day of the dead/sib remembrance day!

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

"I've Bin Drinking Distilled Water For So Long That When I Drink Normal Water It Feels Like I'm Swallowing Huge Chunks Of Aluminum"

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

i dont get it

• Posted at:

The rainwings would have a harvest festival. 

The mudwings would have Thanksgiving but mostly just eating. 

• Posted at:

Colorsplash

(I lost my old phone and got a new one and a laptop. I was rainbowdragon1061 and I am rainbowdragon1213 and I am still going to make my fanfic The tale of a wingless dragon)

[Mods, please let this through.]

I might make a Ninjago reference or something somewhere in here. :D

Also, the "personal traditions" thing below each summary shows what a few of my OCs do on that particular day.

Day of the Departed

This day, renowned not only for its significance to the war that has passed, but its importance to the fallen of every tribe, is celebrated throughout all of Pyrrhia, usually taking place on the longest night of the year. The extra hours of darkness have varying names, the most common being the "spirit hours," in which the phantoms of the deceased may mingle with living dragons, leaving whispers of many things ringing in the ears of their loved ones, their enemies, their friends -- words of advice, forgiveness, encouragement. In those hours, dragons light lamps in their own ways -- the SkyWings, SandWings, NightWings, and MudWings using their fire, RainWings trapping fireflies, IceWings snatching shining globes of light from their magnificent "moon tree," and SeaWings scooping up glass buckets of bioluminescent plankton from the depths of the ocean -- and visit the departed ones' respective graves; if there is none to be found, then perhaps a shrine or anything of the like dedicated to them. This action will allow the spirits to find their way to their kin and whatnot, in order to grace them with their unseen presence.

Personal Traditions -

- Harper and Echo exchange gifts just before dawn in order to express how much they care for each other, and to remind one another that, although they both know the feeling of being an orphan, they're never alone as long as they have each other.

- Coyote leaves a bouquet of ocotillos atop his brother's shrine every year, as it was the deceased SandWing's favorite flower.

Night Solstice

Since seasons lack much of an existence in the Pyrrhian universe, the IceWings call the longest night of the year the "night solstice." Even though this is the same day that the Day of the Departed takes place, the IceWings often do other things before the spirit hours begin -- sing, dance, gossip; it's the one day where ranking no longer matters, and everyone can speak to whoever they want, even disgrace a few rules of placement. It's the one day where everyone in this tribe gets to experience true freedom, rather than restrict their kind's each and every step. As the spirit hours come closer, however, they all must quiet down as they prepare.

Not only is it an IceWing celebration, but one for NightWing and SeaWings, too. If they ever had etiquette, there's not one hint of it on this particular day.

Personal Traditions -

- Every other night solstice, Winter Canary travels to the IceWing kingdom, often starting his journey two days ahead of time, just in case. Despite being scratched out of the rankings due to becoming a runaway, he's always welcome at this time of year for the holidays.

- In turn, Reflection writes his son a letter for the years he doesn't visit, telling him how everything went.

Day Solstice

Again, due to Pyrrhia lacking a change of seasons in canon, the longest day of the year has been dubbed the "day solstice." Celebrated by SkyWings and SandWings, these two tribes often come together in order to celebrate, sharing food and drink -- just as if it were a full moon festival.

Personal Traditions -

- Coyote and Solar find a topic to debate on so often at this time, Lunar dubbed it a tradition, so she always throws something out there for the two to start an argument about.

New Year's

At the end of each year, dragons of every tribe gather in the middle of the Kingdom of Sand, bearing food and drink, along with activities and games of all kinds, for one another in order to, well, hold a party. It's a time for peace across the continent -- no thought of war or death, just . . . life.

Personal Traditions -

Some dragon (*coughcough*Keystone*coughcough*) tends to start a food fight between a large number of dragons almost every New Year's Eve.

Kwanumas

Most definitely not a combination of the words Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and Christmas, this time of year is for giving gifts to those close to oneself, whether they be physical, like a flower, or emotional, like love -- if that makes any sense. Even during the war, the exception of Kwanumas always came along, and even the two eldest sisters held off their war plans until after Kwanumas Eve and Day. The tension itself, of course, faded after the war was done with, and it all seemed much more comfortable.

Personal Traditions -

- Nyxian bakes cookies (like, with their fire and whatnot) and sends them to every dragon they know to express that they can be nice.

I might add on later.

• Posted at:

i ' s o r r y

wavegiving

thanksgiving

• Posted at:

I love the idea of a MudWing day of the dead.

• Posted at:

Such is the path of a dreamer: I find my way by moonlight.

~Oncilla~

Forum Royal Scientist

PHOTON READINGS NEGATIVE

WEREWOLPRIDE

TLH Reread: /336256

not exactly a celebration but SkyWings are terrified of solar eclipses like the Fire Nation

• Posted at:

i i

drama queen

and no matter how broken we were,

we'd fight our way out together--

knivedrawn, pistols blazing.

because that's what we do.

we never stop fighting.

I love the idea of a MudWing day of the dead. 

• Posted at:

Peregrine

#RememberHurricane

#CloneWarsSaved

"Broken heartstrings bled the blues,

and we tried to empty ourselves so we'd feel nothing.

Don't tell me that hurts less than a broken bone."

- Shane Koyczan

I think the RainWings would also celebrate the the summer solstice.  Longer days, more sun, more sun-time.  I think they would celebrate by changing their scales to festive, sunny colors, and sleeping even more then usual. I doubt anything productive would happen that day, but afterwords they should be, like, super-charged or something from all the sun.

I dunno.   :P

• Posted at:

Call me <  Andalite  >

#RememberHurricane

Proud Christian!

#RavenclawPride

#IDoNotSupportSame-GenderShipping

I am a girl

Oh, we're using our made-up names? ~ Spider Man

I'll be gone Tuesdays and Thurdays

On the MudWing Day of the Dead, MudWings paint their faces to look like skulls - and the practice has been adopted by SandWings for Skullnight, the SandWing Halloween.

• Posted at:

Sanetra

~Bananakin Skywalker~

Every single corpse on Mt. Everest was once a highly motivated person. Stay lazy, my friends.

(⌐■_■)

tCC signup /340513

Reach me at /272727

4Amigas

eurekaDarkseaBearBlackberryVertigoLectorGulfstreamCaleoZodiakTS

SandWings and RainWings- Celebrate the Summer solstice 

IceWings- Winter Solstice

NightWings-Equinoxes

SeaWings- Probably the start of some Monsoon Season. 

MudWings and SkyWings- not sure.

• Posted at:

vertigo, i suppose i am  

feeling dizzy are we?  

wherever you decide to be, that's where you belong  

for real?!

we push ahead in the name of rebellion  

asheashes

we all

fall

down

Bookmark

i reallllllyyy like the Mudwing Day of the Dead idea- like full-on Dia de Los Muertos, with music and candles and chrysanthemums/carnations and maybe even costumes

it just seems to go really well with mudwings

Better than with Sandwings imo

Also, I'll make some detailed ones tomorrow if I can think of any

• Posted at:

-=-Call me Athena-=-

Farewell, and may you have the best possible opportunities and life. Maybe I'll be back someday, but for now I just want to say thank you for everything.

#RememberHurricane

Perhaps dragons celebrate mother's and father's day? Like some people do. In honor of our hard-working parents.

A celebration of cooking food might be cool for the 'foodie' types. Not like thanksgiving but more like a giant potluck or picnic between tribes so that others can experience traditional tribe-specific foods. I know that I would LOVE that to be a real celebration in real life and in the Wings of Fire canon. My PC's would too!

I like food and LOVE to cook like everything imaginable. Like cake or stir fried steak and veggies. In honor of everybody that likes to cook and enjoy good food. The MudWings would love this holiday but everyone else would too. :) 

Mods let this through. Thanks.

• Posted at:

Please call me Storm!

@Tui, CAN YOU PLEASE WRITE A FULL GUIDE TO THE TRIBES OF PYRRHIA AND PANTALA?!

#WhatAboutUs?

#LetUsUseOurBadges!

#Moonbli!

#ScavengerFan

#WoFFan

King Crowley was here and leaves by teleporting at the most annoying moment...

Also a Scorching Day would be neat.

• Posted at:

Please call me Storm!

@Tui, CAN YOU PLEASE WRITE A FULL GUIDE TO THE TRIBES OF PYRRHIA AND PANTALA?!

#WhatAboutUs?

#LetUsUseOurBadges!

#Moonbli!

#ScavengerFan

#WoFFan

King Crowley was here and leaves by teleporting at the most annoying moment...

Good idea

• Posted at:

Frost.w.storm

Oooh love all of these, especially Mudwing sib remembrance day. I love the adaptations to the different tribes, too, like Rainwings and the summer solstice....

Future's idea of personal traditions is awesome too -- I wonder how Clay would celebrate sib remembrance day, and I'm not sure what Glory would thing about a day for celebrating suntime...

• Posted at:

Currently inactive but counting down the days till....

Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen (December 26, 2018!!!)!

Dragonets day

• Posted at:

Full moon festival

• Posted at:

Written by a Greencloak,

a magician of the House of Life,

a daughter of Hecate goddess of magic,

a sandwing, 

the RiverClan warrior Hawkfire

#LOKILOVE

Maybe a holiday when the Dragonets stopped the war or when the scorching ended or maybe total solar eclipses or when the current queen took over?

• Posted at:

SeaWing

Gryffindor

SkyClan Warrior

She/Her

i got the entire series.

• Posted at:

i agreeee

• Posted at:

For RainWings:

Venom day!

Where they all celebrate their talent by getting together and practice shooting at targets and test their venom on everyone else's to see who they're related to! First, though, they evacuate all sloths from the premises. There's also a bunch of special contests (who can spit venom the farthest, who has the most precision and accuracy, who can hit moving targets, etc.)

• Posted at:

--I am Inkblot--

she, her, fluff

I have a foot in another world

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they're open.

help? new siggy?

#rememberhurricane

Don't the SkyWings have that full moon festival dance?

• Posted at:

| Eclipsewings ||♒ || ♀ |

call me eclipse <3

☙ ○ ❧

Pyrrhian Olympics. 

• Posted at:

『Mockingjay

[Joined June 6th 2017]  

↬[She/Her]↫

Goddess of Fire      and Phoenix's

°BentOverBackwards_1

°{Star|Count}{4814}

"Are you feeling...Flustered?"

❇JorDunDunDun_2❇

The reason I think that all the tribes would celebrate the "Day of the Departed/Dead" is because, well, everyone has someone to mourn; even if the sibling bond is strong with the MudWings, it doesn't mean that the other tribes don't care for the fallen. They all should have a day to remember those they have lost. You get the idea?

• Posted at:

i ' s o r r y

How about a day where SeaWings remember all of the heirs killed by the Orca statue? 

• Posted at:

Wings

She/Her

Gay and proud

I've left, for now. Nightmare, Eventide, The Silver Dragoness and Indigo Raven, if you ever come back, go to /310535

I'm here for you

I'll vouch for you

I'll cry for you

Yes I pray, but not to God

#HopeForHurricane

maybe certain tribes would celebrate a harvest festival? 

• Posted at:

hazel

any pronouns - literal band trash - *kazoo noises*

#rememberhurricane

homethread: /333240

“no, it’s much better to face these kinds of things

with a sense of poise and rationality”

- i write sins not tragedies (p!atd)

1 ,