is auklet an animus??

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

I would have come for you. And if I couldn't walk, I'd crawl to you, and no matter how broken we were, we'd fight our way out together- knives drawn, pistols blazing. Because that's what we do. We never stop fighting.

proud bisexual.

question(s) for tui!!

- how much do scavengers understand about the dragon world? do they realize that they are also an intelligent species?

- can dragons fly or speak when they are born?

• Posted at:

I would have come for you. And if I couldn't walk, I'd crawl to you, and no matter how broken we were, we'd fight our way out together- knives drawn, pistols blazing. Because that's what we do. We never stop fighting.

proud bisexual.

I am so exited, I could just do a flip right now! Bombardment by questions... 

• Posted at:

DarkWind

Care for what you have now, because if  you wait, it might be too late to go back. 

HONOR THE NORTHERN WHITE RHINO

TMOM Fan.

#rememberHuricane

seawings28: Tui: Who/what were you most excited to see in the GN?

I was really excited to see Peril, who is such a big personality, and of course Clay, who is the heart of the book – so he has to be brave and befuddled and sweet and nervous and heartbroken and I wasn’t sure how it would be possible to convey all those things in one dragon face.  But Mike did it amazingly – I think especially when you consider that the novel has so much internal monologue and emotional stuff that Clay is going through in his head.  The fact that Mike was able to convey all of that in the art is incredible.

I was also very excited to see the settings, especially Queen Scarlet’s palace and arena.  I am actually not a very visual person myself, so when I describe a setting, I try to spend a lot of time on coming up with unique details that will make it easier for me to picture (and hope that if even *I* can picture it, then the reader will be able to as well).  I spent SO long imagining Scarlet’s arena/prison that I actually did have a pretty clear picture of it in my head, and Mike has captured it exactly as I imagined. 

cleverdragon 364: If there are going to be more graphic novels, what part of the books are (both of) you most excited to see put into picture form?

I can't wait to see what Mike does with the Summer Palace in book 2, because that’s another setting I spent a long time figuring out!  I hope I described it well enough in words for Mike to imagine, too – but I’m also sure that whatever he comes up with will be even more beautiful and make more physical sense than what’s in my head!

darkwind90: Was the great scorching after or before Darkstalker?   

Before

Did Burn have the wing(s) of a dragon from Pantala in her?collection?

Yes!  :)

Is the new IceWing queen an animus?

No, they still don't have any animus dragons.

Will Glory create a rule that the RainWings have to keep track of their eggs? I think she should...

I think she should, too!

dragonbookworm366: Will we see more of winter's scavenger sanctuary?

I hope so!  I must admit, as delighted as he is about this idea, I'm not so sure the scavengers are going to be very pleased about it!

Will the original dragonets be in the third arc?

Yes, I'm hoping to bring everyone back in at least a little bit here and there -- I would miss Clay and Sunny and Glory and Tsunami and Starflight too much if they were gone completely!  Plus I like showing what they're up to and how they're still developing, even if it's just in the background.  :)

So many great questions -- you guys are awesome!  :)

• Posted at:

Tui t. and mike Holmes what is your favorite dragon in the book?

• Posted at:

☃            ◕ ᴥ ◕  ❅             ☃

☁          Lilly  Cicle          ☁                    signature made on the 2/26/18           

Tui, could you at least give us a month your planning to release one of the tribes? c: omg I’m soooo impatient but I know their gonna be awesome!!

• Posted at:

whirlwind

The

Ice/Seawing

WoF forever!!!!

Deathbringer

Kinkajou

Scarlet

Winter 

Qibli 

❤️

@Tui

Is it possible that the Icewings still have Animus dragons? Turtle was a secret animus, so...

• Posted at:

~~~Fox~~~

Save the Vaquitas!!!

All hail the Meg!”

#RememberHurricane

I am;

- A Fanwing

- A Demigod

- A Jedi

Joined the forums; January 2017

Greyromantic and bi

Look out for TucuxiPorpoise and Vaquita - SeaWing triplets, in my posts!

Hi!!! I'm sooooo excited to meet you both!!! 

Ok, here's my questions. Tui

1. How did you develop so many characters that are so intricate and diverse and fit do perfectly into your storyline.

2. Did you ever think you'd be a best selling author? Was it your dream?

3. What inspired you to make WoF?

4. How did you come across scholastics?

5. Please please please explain dragon years!

6. And do you have any tips for an aspiring tween author???

To Mike.

1. How do you draw the dragon's body structures? Are they more human or reptilian?

2. Do you have any tips on drawing IceWing spikes and SandWing eyes?

• Posted at:

⚡~Hcall mFearless~⚡

-Proud Christain

-Forum's Tsunami

-Daughter of Star-Lord

"The world has a sense of humor, and I don't get it"~SaAlexander

"I'm here to kick butts and eat nuts. And guess what, I'm all outta nuts!!!"~SquirreGirl

sooo excited to meet you guys!!! Tui how did you make so many characters that are so intricate and diverse???

• Posted at:

⚡~Hcall mFearless~⚡

-Proud Christain

-Forum's Tsunami

-Daughter of Star-Lord

"I'm here to kick butts and eat nuts. And guess what, I'm all outta nuts!!!"~SquirreGirl

Are there any plans for t-shirts or lunchboxes using these new drawings?  That would be awesome!

• Posted at:

Hi!!! I'm sooooo excited to meet you both!!! 

Ok, here's my questions. Tui

1. How did you develop so many characters that are so intricate and diverse and fit do perfectly into your storyline.

2. Did you ever think you'd be a best selling author? Was it your dream?

3. What inspired you to make WoF?

4. How did you come across scholastics?

5. Please please please explain dragon years!

6. And do you have any tips for an aspiring tween author???

To Mike.

1. How do you draw the dragon's body structures? Are they more human or reptilian?

2. Do you have any tips on drawing IceWing spikes and SandWing eyes?

• Posted at:

⚡~Hcall mFearless~⚡

-Proud Christain

-Forum's Tsunami

-Daughter of Star-Lord

well it is a "Fairy" tale

• Posted at:

Small mikeholmesavatar 71d6cd5953

Mike Holmes : admin

butterflycat1708: How did you feel about coloring these vivid characters and drawing the backgrounds?

If you like the colors, you have Maarto Laiho to thank - Maarta's colors BLEW MY MIND when I got the preview pages in. They nailed the mood of every scene and made my art really sing! As far as the backgrounds - it's beyond fun to create entire worlds from your mind, and I was happy to have Joy Ang's amazing covers to use as a bit of a guide - although I'm also very happy that Scholastic allowed me to do my own interpretation! 

teamwhirlwind20: Mike, what was your favorite scene to draw? I loved the battles in Scarlets arena!!

Aw thanks! When I was brought on, I mentioned that I loved drawing action scenes and I was not let down by the script! My favorite scene to draw? That's tough - probably the bit where Clay goes through the underwater tunnel, I loved drawing all those little Clays, and then his resurfacing.

galedragon440: Mike - Do you have tips for drawing dragons? And Do you have tips for beginners wanting to make comics?

My own approach to drawing dragons is to try and get the personality of each character to show through - use body language, facial expressions. And use references of real things, like animals and even people! Try and capture a fun facial expression using only the features of a dragon - it's a real challenge! As far as tips for making comics? For me, comics are all about telling a story. Find the best way to get a story across using words and pictures, and discover a balance between them. Make it clear and readable, so that anyone who reads it will understand what's going on. And make a lot of comics! You'll only get better if you make a TON of them.

• Posted at:

tui t. and mike holmes who is your favorite dragon.

• Posted at:

☁          Lilly  Cicle          ☁                    signature made on the 2/26/18           

Tui .T is the third seres going to be the last?

• Posted at:

What will happen to Clay and Peril? Will they have Dragonets?

• Posted at:

~Crystal~

He left the other 99 to look for YOU

Once I was eleven years old...  

#Prolife

#Canada

#Homeschool

#RCatholic

I may suddenly leave for a long period of time...

@Mike Holmes - Thanks for answering!

• Posted at:

~REY~

The

Jedi

Icewing

Avenger

Slytherin

Renegade

Nightfury

BYU Cougar

TomHolland4Ever

Mike Morrowseer was so well illustrated in page 23!!!! All pages were beautifully illustrated and written!

• Posted at:

Wings of fire forever 

Hamilton

Harry Potter

Its BOOKWYRM

Silkwings are coming!!!!

(May double post)

@Tui

Is it possible that the Icewings still have animus dragons?

• Posted at:

~~~Fox~~~

Save the Vaquitas!!!

All hail the Meg!”

#RememberHurricane

I am;

- A Fanwing

- A Demigod

- A Jedi

Joined the forums; January 2017

Greyromantic and bi

Look out for TucuxiPorpoise and Vaquita - SeaWing triplets, in my posts!

Tui, I have another question.

Do SeaWings really have frill(s) on the top of their heads?

Mike Holmes, I have a comment.

I think you draw the dragons so well. Sure I imagined Morrowseer a little less.. ugly... But that was even cooler than I could have thought. The armour- even better! 

• Posted at:

DarkWind

Care for what you have now, because if  you wait, it might be too late to go back. 

TMOM Fan.

#rememberHuricane

aHHHHH I DIED when I saw my question answered!!! Thanks for the info, Mike :D

A question for Tui: What tips in writing would you share with a teen who wants to become an author? 

• Posted at:

Specter

[Bixbite][She/they/baka]

❀❀❀❀❀

#CCfam

❀❀❀❀❀

Playing happy melodies

under the glowing moon

❀❀❀❀❀

A thousand cherry blossoms,

Dwindling in the light...

❀❀❀❀❀

Spring aesthetic

ravenarriving66: Are hybrids accepted as general members of the tribe? Does war bring possible discrimination against them?

I think it depends on the tribe (and who's queen at the time), and that's such an interesting question about war and discrimination...in some ways, yes, because certainly a hybrid who's part enemy tribe would be regarded suspiciously.  But I also think the war resulted in many more hybrids than there used to be, because of the tribes that were allied and how they were all spread out across the continent fighting.  And the school will probably lead to even more...I think there are lots of interesting potential stories there!

galedragon440: Tui- What tips would you give beginner writers starting on their book/story?

Oh goodness, so many...first I'd say, make sure you're having fun -- because when you get bored with your story, that's when the readers will get bored, too.  I like to start by thinking a lot about my characters, so I'd suggest figuring out as much about them as you can -- what their childhood was like, who their best friends are, what they dream of.  And if you get stuck, blow something up!  ;)  (hee!)

fogdragon65: @Tui Which dragon was your favorite to look at in the comic?

Awww, I love all of them...let me think...I would have to say I particularly love Mike's version of Starflight.  The cover of Book 4 is absolutely amazing, but I love how Mike captures young, anxious Starflight so, so well and makes his face so unique.  And Maarta (the colorist) did a wonderful job with Glory's shifting colors all the way through, but especially in the arena scenes, so I love looking at those, too!

jadedragon13862: To Tui: We've tried to match the dragonets in each book series to the friends in My Little Pony. Do you notice any similarities between characters in the two stories?

That is so funny -- I've never thought about it before; we only started watching My Little Pony about a year ago (and I do love it!).  I think there might be a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiny bit of similarity between me and Pinkie Pie, so I wouldn't be surprised if some of my dragons (ok, Kinkajou!) have that kind of voice in particular!  ;)

sandsong42: how much do scavengers understand about the dragon world? do they realize that they are also an intelligent species?

I love this question!  Most scavengers do not -- they think of the dragons as basically giant flying sharks -- although they have more clues than the dragons do about the humans, since it would be hard to miss the giant palaces.  I think there's a range of opinions among the scavengers on this topic, much as there is among the dragons about whether humans are intelligent.  :)

• Posted at:

Gack I posted it twice. Sorry. 

• Posted at:

⚡~Hcall mFearless~⚡

-Proud Christain

-Forum's Tsunami

-Daughter of Star-Lord

Tui: On another website I saw somebody making up a language for scavengers. Will there ever be a book about the scorching, or in a scavenger's point of view?

• Posted at:

Greatness  

I'm a Halloweiner

she/her

definitely no ones alt account I'm looking at you ishcronasty

do you think you will ever rite a book from a scavengers point of view? 

• Posted at:

Thanks so much for answering my question Tui! 

• Posted at:

Arrival ( or Raven )

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

I'm new here. 

I like quite a few book series 

I WILL be inactive 

Is insanely hyped for book 11. 

Hello most wonderful writers!!

Question for Tui which is completely not about the graphic novel: Will you ever do a musical/movie/play based on a book? I think Darkstalker's complete story would be really cool

Question for Mike: Who was your favorite character to draw and in what position?

• Posted at:

RAVENCLAW

wings of fire is the most wonderful book ever

I AM STARFLIGHT!

Tui, which book took the longest to write? Do you have any advice for new authors? What originally sparked your ideas for Wings of Fire?

Mike, which character was your favorite to illustrate(or do you have a favorite)? Had you read Wings of Fure before Also, I'd just like to say that I really like how Peril has freckles and illustrating the novel? Also, I really like how all the characters wound up looking- especially Peril's freckles, they were SO ADORABLE- so thanks for investing your time into the novel!

I hope you guys have a great day, and thanks for writing/drawing the books! :3

• Posted at:

~DerpSloth~

{She/Her/Weirdo}

Proud Christian

Certified Meme

HUFFLEPRIDE

I'll stand bi you

#Hamiltrash

#Equal

GTEAOMIZOOMI!

SIGGY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

#RememberHurricane

You are wonderful, and don't you forget it! :3 

Please continue to make a bunch of Wings of Fire  books! This is the best series I’ve EVER READ I appreciate you for what you’ve done! And Mike - you interpreted the dragonets lovely! Even though I might have had my own ideas, you did it AWESOMELY!

• Posted at:

Is the Legend of the Hive going to appear in the third arc?

• Posted at:

Call me Midni

"Birth is a curse and existence is a prison." - Michael

I hope one of the new dragons will be a pale green....

• Posted at:

DarkWind

TMOM Fan.

#rememberHuricane

@ Mike

What plans do you have for the next comic? Are you looking forward to drawing Seawings?

• Posted at:

~REY~

The

Jedi

Icewing

Avenger

Slytherin

Renegade

Nightfury

BYU Cougar

TomHolland4Ever

Will the rest of the books be made into graphic novels as well? 
What made you decide to make the first book into a graphic novel? 

• Posted at:

Call me Mango! 

Main OC - Mango a 6 year old, turquoise Rainwing. 

@ Tui 

Are you writing any more Winglets? I would love to see one from a scavenger point of view... Flower maybe?

• Posted at:

~REY~

The

Jedi

Icewing

Avenger

Slytherin

Renegade

Nightfury

BYU Cougar

TomHolland4Ever

ninjahero30: 1. How do you draw the dragon's body structures? Are they more human or reptilian? 

Definitely reptilian, although I referenced creatures from all over the animal kingdom to show body language, facial expression, and overall emotion. So there's a little dog in there, some cow, birds, anything I thought would make it diverse!

darkwind90: I think you draw the dragons so well. Sure I imagined Morrowseer a little less.. ugly... But that was even cooler than I could have thought. The armour- even better!

Haha! Fair enough. He's for sure seen some better days, although I hope I gave him a rugged handsomeness (very rugged). When I read the script, I knew I had to make him appear much older and more than a little machiavellian. And tough! He definitely had to appear to be almost invincible to the dragonets, so you get the power he holds over the Talons of Peace. Of course, Sunny wasn't intimidated one bit :)

galaxyprism56: Had you read Wings of Fure before Also, I'd just like to say that I really like how Peril has freckles and illustrating the novel? Also, I really like how all the characters wound up looking- especially Peril's freckles, they were SO ADORABLE- so thanks for investing your time into the novel!

I'd never read them until I was asked to draw the books - I hope that's okay, everyone! I can absolutely say I'm a fan now, though. And thanks  - I knew I wanted to make Peril kind of adorable, as a contrast to the incredible power she controls.

• Posted at:

tui:

- can you confirm or deny whether auklet is an animus or not?

- what happened to the additional stolen skywing egg mentioned in the beginning of escaping peril? will we see more of them?

- are there possibly other dragonets from other tribes that hatched on the brightest night but weren't introduced?

• Posted at:

proud bisexual.

ninjahero30: 1. How did you develop so many characters that are so intricate and diverse and fit do perfectly into your storyline.

Aww, thank you -- I spend a lot of time thinking about them and taking notes on them!  I try to think about how I want them to change and how their childhood affected them and how to make them each heroic in a different way -- because I think everyone in real life can be heroic in their own way, too.

2. Did you ever think you'd be a best selling author? Was it your dream?

It was always my dream to be an author -- that's the part I imagined the most: getting to write and imagine stories every day, and holding my own real books in my hand.  That's the part that I focused on trying to make come true.  The bestselling part is more like a magical fantasy -- it still makes me feel so surprised and grateful -- especially since most of the time I'm just at home in my pyjamas, hanging out with my kids, who do not think of me as a glamorous celebrity -- they keep me very grounded!  ;)  

dawnfrost246: Is it possible that the Icewings still have animus dragons?

I'll say never say never -- I'd like to leave myself the option of changing my mind in the future!  But right now I think they do not, and since it's been so long since they had one, it's pretty unlikely.  

teamwhirlwind20: Tui, could you at least give us a month your planning to release one of the tribes? 

Let me go ask my editor if I can tell you ONE THING...mwa ha ha...

• Posted at:

How do Rainwing scales work? Because the top of Glory's head is blue, can she make the top of her head rainbow color's

• Posted at:

~Crystal~

He left the other 99 to look for YOU

Once I was eleven years old...  

#Prolife

#Canada

#Homeschool

#RCatholic

I may suddenly leave for a long period of time...

Hi!!!! so stoked to finally meet you!!!!!! *Happy screaming* 

Tui

-On the cover of Talons of Power, Anemone was wearing the silver earring, was that Darkstalker's? Did he enchant it?

- Also Tui did you fashion Thorn after yourself????

:) So excited to meet you!!!!!! You're the best author ever!!!!

• Posted at:

~Nightclapse~

also known as Arrow

She/her

:Christian:

werewolf

Goddess of canines, trickery, and the night

"Go sit on a reef" ~ Anemone....

"We are not doing get help..." ~ Loki

fogdragon65: What plans do you have for the next comic? Are you looking forward to drawing Seawings?

I'm actually right in the middle of drawing the next book, and so far it is awesome (and action-packed!). I'm really enjoying playing with all the different kinds of Seawing - much like the fight between Gill and Tsunami in the first book, there are plenty of ways to draw dragons of a single tribe. Tui mentioned the Summer Palace, and I've designed something I hope she (and you!) will like. 

• Posted at:

, 2 , , 4 , 5 , 6