Listening to Two Weeks by FKA Twigs at 2:00 am while pining over your unrequited love is an experience

sis needs to hide her stuff better she's gonna get in big trouble

I took another art class today, it was for photographing art for a portfolio and i thought it would just be something interesting and useful to know for later but the class was filled with juniors who are actually trying to apply to art colleges and actually need this information (along with a couple other clueless freshmen) and boy was i intimidated, i dont even know if i want to go to an art school because if i do i'll just starve to death and then maybe get famous and thats not good but i made a funny joke in class and everyone laughed so im okay to die now i guess, also the teacher was impressed with my print that i actually just used an old piece of foam for

on friday my teacher was reorganizing her wall decor in her office and she has prayer flags hanging up for some reason so she took them down for a moment and put them on the floor and then STEPPED on them LADY YOU CAN'T DO THAT this is why you LEARN about things before just using them for the #aesthetic I'm not even a buddhist but my dad has given me enough mini heart attacks after i try to put a gau box on the floor that I know you do not put anything on the floor omg

I'm on this new medication and everything is the same except i physically can't cry now and it sucks and the side effects are. wack

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~ Poppy ~

"The Biggest Flex Anyone Will Ever Have Is Dying"

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

I have weird bruises all over my wrists and I have no idea how I’m getting them.  It’s the demon shaking my bed isn’t it

Argh still one hundred stars until 2000 this is taking so long

I love the forums because I get to scream into the void without screaming and without a void

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

I have this OC that I made in elementary school probably and I still love her but she's a self insert because back then all my "OCs" were self inserts, she was basically me but louder and angrier, so I'm gonna try and make her a REAL PERSON.  Let's start with her name.  It shall be Sijia (she's cycled through a ton of names, Kiera, Kajsa, etc).  She was supposed to be in this kind of futuristic setting, although idk what I'll do with her now.  RPs I guess.

My grandma is here. I thought she was going to be visiting for a few weeks, maybe a month, but um.... she's going to be here for six months, until she gets her greencard. The thing is, I can't talk to her.  She doesn't know English, I don't know Mongolian.  She's basically a stranger.  Of course I don't mind her staying here, though.  I feel bad because the last time she was here, a couple of years ago, I was kind of mean to her.  Not mean really, but I just kind of ignored her because we couldn't communicate. This time I'll be nicer, I promise. I'm really nervous. It's only me and mom this time, since Cheburashka went off to college, and Zucchini is still in DC.  But we're getting the kitten soon (the litter might have been born this weekend!) so they can keep each other company too!

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

y'all guess who managed to tell her grandma that she's in ninth grade, in Mongolian, yeah boi guess I didn't forget everything

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

You know what I need to start talking about

biology

I have a lot of stuff to say but I can't remember it rn

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

If I knew how to do makeup I'd be a solid.... three (I'm sorry I know I'm frivolous and vain and talk about appearance a lot but my whole family looks like a pack of very short supermodels and I landed in the shallow end of the gene pool it is NOT FAIR) (HOW did this happen)

UGH I always want to vent about my feelings but then I have to remember that this is a kid's website about dragons and I like. shouldn't do that.  But i hate talking to people irl because they're always either judging me or over-worried.  I met this girl this year but I'm already really good friends with her because I guess we just have similar personalities and experiences and I've told her a lot of stuff I've never told friends, not even the ones I've known for a decade, like the medication and body image issues and I keep wanting to tell her more but she already has anxiety and too many problems to deal with because her parents don't believe in mental illness and stuff so like I shouldn't do that either

everything bad that's ever happened to me is my own fault and I wish I could blame anyone else but I can't.  And I lied, I know where those bruises are coming from and I can't tell if I should be doing something? (before the mods delete this or anything I'm not in danger don't worry)

this already got way angstier than I meant it too. welp please ignore this.  Actually let's put it in white ink so you can ignore it if you want.  

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

OH! and my WoF headcanons

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Hañah Montaña

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Why do I have such a mean resting face apparently it's bad enough to make me actually intimidating despite the fact that I'm barely taller than five feet uguhghghhgh I'M NOT MEAN I PROMISE IT'S MY FACE

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

THEY LIKE SAVAGE WHY YOU GOT A TWELVE CAR GARAGE WHEN YOU ONLY GOT SIX CARS

more like why you got a thirteen star thread when you got nothing to say

really who starred this I've been swerved jk I truly don't have anything interesting to talk about

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

hello, you have been visited by the Homethread Drifter!

i am one of these starrers

your thoughts are interesting and I admire you :D

also wow a lot of the people on the forums have similar problems (including me lol), anyway, if it helps, you're not alone

• Posted at:

m i r i 

✱ thanks for the laughs 

✱ goodbye comerades let’s get this bread 

THANK YOU MIRI YOU ARE LOVED AND APPRECIATED :OOO (ps everyone who starred/posted on this is loved and appreciated as well, in spirit, bc idk who yall are) (ALSO ps @Miri this is random but I think your nickname is really cute)

I've been thinking. About dragons. Dragons and cosmetics.  Do you think they'd have makeup of any sort? 

And do you think SandWings would ever trim their sail/crest thing in patterns, for example giving it a scalloped edge, or would that be very gruesome and painful? 

HOW do tattoos work?? DoD made me very confused and angry. Cangry.  Also bruises, how do those work? You can't see them under scales, can you? 

Do dragons pierce their wing membranes? I think that might look cool, if they had two or three tiny hoop-shaped.... wingrings.  Or studs.

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

me: *sends two analytical-essay-length texts to my sister imploring her to help me make sense of this cruel world*

sister: lol yeah i get that feeling a lot too

but she is a grownup and has grownup problems and was also taking a "power nap" at 1:00 am so I can't blame her

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

I've been confused about the tattoos since MR

And also: I love the idea of wing piercings for some reason

• Posted at:

Such is the path of a dreamer: I find my way by moonlight.

~Oncilla~

Queen of Non SequiturBookwyrmsPangolinsand Bones

Trash Squad, WerewolfGASTER FOLLOWER

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

WoFMBer Dec. 2014-Mar. 2019

YOU EVER LISTEN TO A SONG OR LOOK AT SOME ART AND YOUR HEART JUST HURTS BECAUSE YOU LOVE IT SO MUCH AND ITS LIKE THE SAME FEELING YOU GET LOOKING AT UR CRUSH

hhhhhhhhhh so much to say and no one to talk to, I didn't realize I was being too distant until it was too late, why am I so awkward and terrible at maintaining friendships

There's this song called Boom Bye Bye, by Arcade, I think it's that group's debut song bc I can't find it anywhere but spotify and I'm DESPERATE for more plz make more music

a short list of random songs I like, just for fun:

- Waves, Miguel, Tame Impala remix

- Fall in Love, Goldlink

- Slide, Calvin Harris 

- Light It Up, Major Lazer

- Play It Right, Sylvan Esso (I first heard this half-asleep in a van full of other grimy half-asleep kids while cruising through Maine backcountry logging roads, in the actual middle of nowhere, and it honestly changed my life)

- Seven Devils, Florence + the Machine

- Betty Boop, Harald Kindseth (this song combined with the video gave me daymares but it's also.... REALLY good)

- Copycat, Billie Eilish

I've given up on sleep there's too much to think about

there's also that Spanish composition I gotta do but it should be a pretty easy prompt because boy do I have a lot to say about trophy hunting, although there's a short story I gotta read to do the composition, I could get away with not doing that right??? bc I canNOT read Spanish

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

yes gratitudes I enjoy being loved and appreciated :3

don't forget that this applies to you as well and you have as much reason to be happy as anyone else

and my nickname does not match my personality in any way but pff nobody heard that and glad you like it xD

about the tattoos, I think either dragon scales are porous (like dried clay kind of is) and the ink soaks into their scales, or the ink is something like Coral's squid/whale blood ink; it never fades. Maybe a combination of both?

Bruises are caused by bleeding under the skin, so the scales probably wouldn’t change color, but if it was really serious, it might show up as a raised lump or a sore spot.

• Posted at:

m i r i 

✱ thanks for the laughs 

How could I forget Shoot and Run by Josef Salvat :O

Yoko Ono is hair goals tbh, is it weird to want frizzy hair? I really like the kind of hair that's sliiiightly wavy but also kind of frizzy so it's super soft and floofy looking. I want fluffy hair

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

late post whoop

• Posted at:

m i r i 

✱ thanks for the laughs 

(@miri thank you again that was so nice. bless)

Ohhhhh my gawd the spanish story it's. it's I don't think I read it right? There's a family of tigers and they all died and the baby just keeps screaming ¿QUIERES TÉ CON LECHE? while they're........ i'm gonna have a heart attack i'm too tired to deal with this

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

adhsfashhdsd we have to make memes using the subjunctive tense for Spanish homework tonight

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

I made the memes and I'm so proud of them, they're all about school but they're not the most encouraging of academic integrity so my teacher will probably disapprove

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Update my meme powerpoint so far has been the only project of mine that Señor liked 

Went to watch Black Panther it was great, cinnamontography and social commentary and costume department was A++, Letitia Wright looks so tiny but she’s 24 gosh, and Shuri obviously was the best character

I lowkey want to make an FA character who runs an underground weapons/whatever no-good goods market but that’s too ambitious for me. Shame. I wanted to use my giant robot dog Lamborghini but I guess he must wait for his moment to shine.

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

I don't think I'm even sad anymore I just want to Do Something but I'm too timid. But in movies timid kids are always running away and doing exciting stuff.  And they all have really deadpan voices and faces so I have that down. I should live in a Wes Anderson movie.

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Every breath I take sounds like a death rattle

I almost succeeded in coughing up a huge glob of mucus but then I almost vomited and the mucus is still there

This has been TMI on Real Talk and Poppycock, see you next time

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

*looks at phone notifications*

"Fight over man's flatulence forces flight to make emergency landing"

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

The Isabella Stewart Gardner museum is my entire aesthetic, I can't believe we haven't visited there sooner.  Soooooo pretty

You know who's also pretty? Devon Aoki in DEBS and Madchen Amick in Twin Peaks.  I haven't watched either of those.  I just like their #look.

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

I was thinking about that cat Tama who “worked” as a station master in Japan and got elevated to being patron god of her train station after she died. and now the urge to join GGaD has increased by 80%, solely to make a cat goddess who was also literally just a normal cat living in a restaurant or shipyard or something until she got elevated to godly status by the local shrine after her death.  

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

I have little to no idea what GGaD is all about and have no interest in learning more but WHAT A CHARACTER CONCEPT,, I love her

• Posted at:

Clever, A Very Clevery Guy ❤❤❤

[exits, pursued by a bear]

bringing you cool good posts: Dec. 2014 - March 2019

appreciating and supporting you: today - forever!!!!

*dabs* thank you I love her too and I already filled out an entire form for her that I'm never going to use

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

That midwestern gothic aesthetic seems really popular and that got me wondering, if it was a thing, what northeastern gothic would be like.

- ancient brownstone buildings and giant gothic style churches

- empty parks and college campuses at night

- silent subway platforms

- the blinding white lighting and weird dreamlike aura of Target

- vacant parking lots with only the street lights illuminating them

- the entirety of Salem, MA

- apple picking on a hot dusty day, losing your parents in the endless rows

- rocky beaches when it's too cold to swim

- going out to sea, riding the ferry or maybe whale watching, on one of those misty white-gray days

- the desolate look of the cape when the ocean all but disappears behind the horizon at low tide and finding strange things in the muddy sand

- looking down a seemingly endless pier

- foggy salt marshes

- when you stumble upon a deer and they just stare accusingly at you as if they're casting a curse on your unborn descendants before bounding into the woods

- coyotes in the suburbs at sundown

- the eyeshine of animals caught on trail cameras

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

I can feel my teeth shake when I stop thats probably not good is it

I'm so tired and my head hurts from looking at the computer screen but I haven't done any of the work I promised myself/mom I'd do.... this essay deadline is looming closer and I barely have any ideas, I'm going to PANIC

I'm telling myself I'll do it first thing tomorrow but that's definitely not happening

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Yes

Northeastern Gothic aesthetic

Which the dreamlike aura of Target

I agree with this

• Posted at:

Autumn  [Librarian]

she/her - nerd - gamer

"If you make a mistake and do not

correct it, that is a second mistake."

Homethread: /304740

oops I meant *stomp not stop

yes Northeastern gothic is my new thing. Add sketchy aquariums to that list.

My ideal wardrobe is just 50% crew neck sweaters, 20% giant jackets, 20% baggy high waisted shorts, and 10% crop tops, no long pants bc those are for the weak

I honest to god can't remember if I thought of this myself or if I saw someone else's headcanon a really long time ago, but I agree with whoever--MudWings are the bears/honey badgers of Pyrrhia, their scales are so thick and they're so stoic they just don't care about swarms of angry bees flying around and stinging them as they stuff their face in a hive to get at the honey, and they'll straight up eat an angry writhing cottonmouth or gator. MudWing don't care, MudWing don't give a... camel spit.

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

I JUST WANT TO MAKE ART GOD DARN IT

WHY DO I NEED TO BE SMART

WHY DO I NEED TO WORK

I JUST WANT TO BE A HAPPY LAZY HEDONIST WHO MAKES OTHER PEOPLE HAPPY

WHY DO WE LITERALLY NEED MONEY TO BE HAPPY

WHY AREN'T PEOPLE NICE TO EACH OTHER

WHY ARE KIDS SO MEAN

WHY ARE GIRLS SO MEAN

AND BOYS

CAN I JUST DRAW PRETTY GIRLS THAT'S ALL I WANT IN LIFE 

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Never going to forget the anguish I felt after that time I caught a snake to impress my crush* and then promptly went into my tent to cry because I was afraid I hurt the snake

*? I can't tell the difference between a friend crush and crush crush

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Those Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood guys were really into red hair huh

I mean yeah red hair is gorgeous I get why they liked it, but literally every subject is ginger, was one requirement to join the brotherhood "thou shalt only paint fiery headed maidens" or something?

Anna May Wong in Forty Winks, with the turban and pearls, is honestly fashion goals, and hair goals, and general goals in terms of looks. I love her

I've been imagining dragons with cool reversible scales like those flip sequins on pillows and stuff

Imagine, you're trekking through the jungle and sneak up on this beautiful glittering reptile and you fumble for your camera but snap a tree branch and then the dragon looks at you and hisses as you hear this sinister rattling noise and all its scales flip the other way from head to tail revealing the angry black underside

now I want an obnoxious sequined tank dress and also one of those giant fur shawls (faux fur ofc im environmentally conscious)

Speaking of giant fur shawls, Tiana's jazzy white dream/illusion dress is such an underrated Disney princess outfit, I think it's my favorite of all of them

one of my classmates has this cool metallic gold puffer coat, it's really big and looks so comfy, I want it too

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

2001 STARS HEYYYYYYYYYYY FINALLY

I can’t find where the last few stars came from though, and it’s bugging me

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Oh my gosh I just realized

If I were an animal I'd HIGHKEY be a Pallas's cat

When I look at them I just think "that is EXACTLY what I look like"

They're short and have lots of hair that sticks up (I have this obnoxious cowlick on top of my head that never lays flat I hate it)

And they have the literal exact same resting face as me

I love them

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Honestly, I feel the same way when I get stars and have no idea where they came from

But congrats on 2000+ stars! That's a huge milestone

• Posted at:

Autumn  [Librarian]

she/her - nerd - gamer

"If you make a mistake and do not

correct it, that is a second mistake."

Homethread: /304740

This storm is crazy

our power went out last night so we had to go eat breakfast in Panera and charge our electronics and the power still isn’t back

Also I was going to watch our school’s winter dance concert yesterday and everyone was SO hyped (seriously, all the tickets sold out within twenty minutes of their release) (I didn’t have one but they still let me in) but then OF COURSE right as it was supposed to start there was the blackout. I’m sitting in the car right now as my mom runs an errand and the wind is crazy loud, I just saw a bunch of elders almost get knocked over, and it honestly feels like the car’s about to roll over too or roll down the hill.

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD