If you hang out on the SAMB, you might have seen a version of this conversation over there last month -- the answers were interesting, and I knew you all would have great thoughts too. Is there a specific book in the Wings of Fire series that hooked you -- the one that had you pre-ordering the next book as soon as you could, or frantically searching for Tui to see if you could go meet her, or inspired you to check out this site?

I was in love after The Dragonet Prophecy, but it deepened after The Hidden Kingdom -- I love Glory, and Deathbringer stole my heart.

What about you all? Which book, and why?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Currently inactive but counting down the days till....

Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen (December 26, 2018!!!)!

The first book.

• Posted at:

C O R V U S / Munchi

Ace of Evanescence

Uhhh like, He/Him.

"Hinjaku Hinjaku, Wryyy!"

"Call the police, you're donezo."

- Scythes the air 24/7

- INTP

- Tired of putting gradient on his siggy.

- Actively becoming a Jojo character.

XD I started to read the Dragonet Prophecy in the be Of 5th grade and by the time I was done I had read all 8 of the books! 

And then slowly as the new books came out I read those during the summer and 6th grade. Until now I finished “Darkness of Dragons” 

I still really wanna read Winglets since I read Legends and the main series.

• Posted at:

Øł  

Dragons  

Night Forest

Howling ghosts they reappear, In mountains that are stacked with fear

Through pain, through fear, through darkness and death, I will always stay with you

I love Winter Turning!

• Posted at:

\\Snowfall//               

She/Her

Discipline is everything. If you don't have it. . . 

"Kindness is like snow. It beautifies everything it covers."- Kahil Gibran

#FFT

Hello again

Forum Family: Zodiac 

I mean, I was always a fan of medieval literature and study, the fantasy element especially. Back when I was in elementary I browsed the library often, and take a book to read. I saw an enticing paperback stamped with a dragon. "Wings of Fire: The Dragonet Prophecy" I called a friend over to come look at it with me. I read the series of books the school had in stock before grade 3. (The school had books 1-4 at the time.) The rest I searched out on my own terms.

• Posted at:

C O R V U S / Munchi

Ace of Evanescence

Uhhh like, He/Him.

"Hinjaku Hinjaku, Wryyy!"

"Call the police, you're donezo."

- Scythes the air 24/7

- INTP

- Tired of putting gradient on his siggy.

- Actively becoming a Jojo character.

Probably The Dragonet Prophecy, but ours was a forbidden love. I only acknowledged that I actually, genuinely liked Wings of Fire by The Brightest Night, but the order I read them was, if I recall correctly, 1 - 3 - 5 - 2 - 4, so it was pretty early on haha.

• Posted at:

Clever, A Very Clevery Guy 

❄ he/him ❄ sad as ever but clad in a festive sweater ❄

❄ irrelevancy + machinations act II available /333261 ❄

❄ on month-long "all i want for christmas is you" lockdown ❄

Book 1....

And by visiting this MB

• Posted at:

<Hi! I'm Dog>

He/Him/Nerd Extraordinaire

Favorite Games: Zelda: BOTW PEEPS

Metroid: Samus Returns

OW: Tracer

DREAM JOURNAL: /320332 (IRMB)

#rememberEmerald

*Rewrite The Stars*

(credit to Raven)

I always obsessively read books about dragons, but I honestly think it was The Lost Heir that made me realize a) this was a continuing book series, and b) I loved it a lot.

I was drawing Mudwings after the first book, though, so I guess the series just kind of hooked me from the beginning.

• Posted at:

MOONFLIGHT

(( Appears every weekend... mostly ))

Homethread @ /341245

She/Her | 15 | MN

Joined July 31, 2017

I started book one on a plane ride and the next 3 books within the week. I was uber excited for book 7 to come out. Book 9 was probably the book that got me the most hyped because it messed up my emotions

• Posted at:

\*\Ivory/*/

#Clerilisafruit

Turtlewaffle

#RememberHurricane

ML ● Anime ● Voltron ● Svtfoe

Cosplayer

Musical Fan

I'm so inactive it's depressing

Reminder that it's all gonna be ok and you can work to get better

I read the first book in one day, and joined the forums during the second book. But I like the second arc better

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Your Friendly Neighborhood Fangirl

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

Pegasister

Luke Skywalker and Dipper Pines are MINE

"When in doubt go to the library" ~J.K Rowling

#BeMoreFicional

#GrAvItYfAlLs

#MARVEL

#RIPStanLee

Well, in 4th grade, this guy I hardly knew at the time had gotten one of my best friends interested in the series, and at first I thought nothing of it, until I saw Moon Rising in our school's book order form, and figured I'd try it out. I fell in love by the first paragraph. After finishing that book, and having many questions, I begged my mom to buy me books 1-5, and I read them and loved them. That guy that got my friend reading the books? I started talking to him more and got to know him, and we became really good friends. I found the forums one summer when I was searching for SeaWing names when creating some of my OCs, and joined a few weeks after discovering this site. I pride myself on knowing most everything WoF and being a bigger fan than the guy who originally started reading it, and honestly he's my best friend now, and I had a crush on him for two years before Reading eventually threatened to kill me if I didn't tell him, so I did, and he liked me back so yay :D

I guess you can thank that dude for me being on the forums, and I can thank him for helping me meet so many awesome FanWings, WoF honestly changed my life.

I'm often compared to Moonwatcher actually, and we have a lot in common, so I guess she's one of my favorite characters. 1) for being relatable, and 2) for being the Fictional that initially got me interested in the WoF universe.

That explanation got much longer than I thought and I'm sorry :,)

• Posted at:

~Topaz

a.k.a. Panic! At the Everywhere

Detroit: Become Human

Gravity Falls

Steven Universe

Imagine Dragons

"A villain is only a villain in the hero's eyes."

Est. 7/15/2016

I was given the first three books for Christmas, and I was immediately hooked. I hadn’t read anything like it before, and dragons are just really awesome, so that was a big bonus.

• Posted at:

<~Spring~>

PLUVIOPHILE (n) A lover of rain; someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days

#Ravenclawpride

#Noflameinthelibrary

#RememberTheLost

LightSPIDER

~*•*~

I LOVE to read and my friend told me about WoF. I liked the first book because of the vio, and i fell in love with Peril. I'll say every book brought me in but my favs are Escaping peril, The brightest night, Moon rising, and the Hidden kingdom. I loved Escaping Peril because it was in Peril's perspective and i love Peril. The Brightest night I love for the happy ending and Thorn and everyone. Moon rising because of Moon and becausse of her vision at the end. The Hidden kingdom for Glory and Deathbringer. EVERYONE IS AWESOME!

• Posted at:

~Crystul~

He left the other 99 to look for YOU

Mirror, Tell me something...

#Prolife

#Canada

#Homeschool

#RCatholic

I may suddenly leave for a long time...

I first learned about the series from a friend last year. Basically, in Language Arts we were given an assignment to rewrite the end of a book. My classmate chose Wings of Fire for the project, and that's when I first learned about these books. 

A few (around 2-3) months later, when I was looking in my town's public library, I came across the series. Recalling the event that happened months prior, I decided to take out The Dragonet Prophecy to read.

Every bit of it was interesting, and I was eager to learn more about the plans Morrowseer and Blister had to make the dragonets be on their side to end the war their way.

From there, I was hooked- I read all the way to Talons of Power (although there was a month long gap or so in between book 1 and 2 where I skipped to Darkstalker because I couldn't get my hands on The Lost Heir). I really enjoyed the books, and seeing the copyright date for Talons of Power, and decided that there wouldn't be a new book for a while.

I was wrong.

You see, by the time I read Talons of Power, it was around late June of 2017, close to the end of the school year. In other words, it was about a month before Darkness of Dragons came out.

One day in July, I was curious about the series for something for a summer camp. So I searched up Wings of Fire, and then I saw that that book 10 was out. Before going to my library's website to request the book, I found this site.

I made an account and mostly played the dragon mini-game during the summer time; I didn't post.

But after reading Darkness of Dragons, I began to start using the forums.

I've been using them since then.

Sorry for making this longer than it had to be - in summary, I enjoyed this series ever since I read the first book, The Dragonet Prophecy.

• Posted at:

Autumn  [Librarian]

she/her - nerd - gamer

"If you make a mistake and do not

correct it, that is a second mistake."

Homethread: /304740

I fell in love after the first book, of course! :-)

• Posted at:

Teal 

Hufflepuff

daughter of Athena

Member of Amity

#RememberHurricane

"May the odds be ever in your favor."

”Do what you love, but more importantly, love what you do.”

Same, Mod Sarah!

Sea-fire got me on to them, and introduced me to the forums. I liked them, and soon started to become a Fanwing. After The Hidden Kingdom, I sped through them all. And it's the worst being in Australia, because you get them books around 4 month after their release. :( 

• Posted at:

{*}Vισℓεт{*}

She/Her/Spiky Potato/ChristmaFanatic

'tís thє  sєαsσtσ  вє  jσllч

smílє σncє, plєαsє?

Moon Rising all the way

• Posted at:

Xenon

indefinite hiatus, standby

The Dragonet Prophecy.  I read TDP when it just came out, however, so I had to wait FOREVER for every book that came after. It was excruciating.  I was also REALLY hyped for Winter Turning because IceWings were my favorite tribe back then and we had seen so little of them.

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

"The Biggest Flex Anyone Will Ever Have Is Dying"

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Way back when my mom got me the first book, I read like the first paragraph and was disinterested, so I left it. Years later during a book fair I saw that they had all five of the first arc, so I saved the money and ordered it. I then realized I had the first book already. Ever since I was in love with the whole series. 

• Posted at:

Hyperbole 

{She/her-1484☆} Heteroromantic Asexual

12-21-16

LGBTQA+ 

Yeets to Mars 

You're valid! 

Hyperbole falls from the sky. 

Forum Sis: Gulfstream 

#RememberTheLost 

Spoopy

I think I was in Grade 3 or 4, and our school librarian Mr. Woodworth was showing the class various books we could read. When he held up the Dragonet Prophecy..... I fell in love. When I read it, my life was complete. Ever since, every book that has come out has only deepened my love of Wings of Fire. And I adore Winglets and Legends. XD

• Posted at:

✦ <> Silverskies <> ✦

♫ QueeoScrollanLibraries ♫

"Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never seen them dancing on a windy day.~Shira Tamir

I honestly don’t know, but I guess I’ll say the first book. I started reading the series because my older brother had read the first book and a half (he didn’t make it through TLH) a few years prior, and I saw TDP in his book shelf. (This may or may not be the reason I started reading SA as well) TDP had me hooked, but I can see why he didn’t make it through TLH. It’s kind of boring because all they really do is sit around in the Kingdom of the Sea and learn about stuff. Nothing really major to the overall plot. I joined the MB a month or two (or three) before ToP was released. 

I have to give my brother credit for getting me into WoF, SA, and HP

• Posted at:

Iv~

Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.”

~ Charles M. Schulz

#ChristmasAesthetic

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

At the end of the first book, I ordered the next one for the cliffhanger. At the end of The Lost Heir, I kept reading for the series.

• Posted at:

Darksea

If you get too worried about what could go wrong, you might miss a chance to do something great. sig under construction.

Moon Rising

• Posted at:

LunaStar XD

☮☯⚛ 

Queen of Shipping

She/Her/Neep

Joined June 2, 2017

Fandom is love, fandom is life.

Ravenclaw~SeaWing~Jedi

Forum sis: Gulfstream

Go eat a zebra!

#GoKnightsGo

Ship OT Week: #MicahFlight

You want a warrior cat name? Ask me anytime!

Book one was cool and intriguing. Book two made me wonder which queen would be the best. Book three was amazing. Book four, in the end, was even more amazing. Book five was pure gold. Book six was masterfully written even if I personally didn't like it as much as the other titles. Book seven was as good as number 3. Book 8 was awesome too. Book nine was again pure gold. Book ten was insanely awesome and again, pure gold. And Darkstalker.... how do you describe Darkstalker! It combines Tui's masterful relationship writing skills with her awesome action writing skills. Although I admit that even if it IS my favorite book of all time, I feel like Darkstalker and Clearsight probably weren't meant to be. Clearsight kind of hated Darkstalker and then this misunderstanding caused the whole plot.

I think I got hooked on book 3 when I read it all the way back in second grade. Just wow.

• Posted at:

I accidentally started with book 2 XD but it CONSUMED me. It's still my favorite of the first arc, probably my 3rd favorite of all the books so far.

• Posted at:

Sanetra

We'll cherish all these simple things wherever we may be

Cuz that's Christmas to me

Reach me at /272727

Amigos

eurekaDarkseaBearBlackberryVertigoLectorGulfyCaleoZodiakTS

the first WoF book I read was The Hidden Kingdom, which was okay

the one that got me truly into the series is probably The Dark Secret, which I really love and Starflight is the best.

then I went on the forums and disappeared into a trash can, never to be seen again

• Posted at:

[ m i r i ]

kinda aesthetic // incredibly pathetic

★ hardly any diggity ★

★ sir that’s my emotional support tapeworm ★

★ shenanigans weekly /320558 ★

The first book

• Posted at:

~~Scar~~

My Song of the week (maybe) [AKA what I listened to recently]: Superheroes - The Script

Spread some kindness, you never know who it could help.

Being swept away in the River of Life.

I love Winter Turning

Winterwatcher all da way!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

*Misty*

The Seawing

"Intelligence is the mind's way of showing off" 

HI I am misty the Seawing and I love scrolls! 

Even though Seawings are depicted as fierce, i am humble and bookish. I am the Hermione Granger of Seawings. 

The Dragonet Prophecy was the one I read first when I was in 4th grade. I was trying to finish the other book I was reading just to get to read that one! The art in the NightWings’ Guide to the Dragons of Pyrrhia got me hooked, and I read to The Brightest Night in that school year. When Moon Rising came out, I was hyped. That book is still probably my favorite out of the main series to this day.

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

There's nothing left to say now

Let's only think about love!

You have opened the yawning grave

α σνєя σƒ муѕтєяумαgι¢, αη∂ αηgѕт!

Book 1 and also cause all my friends were reading it. Took me less than 3? months, i think.

• Posted at:

««ғяεεσм»»

Est. 1.13.18

Mod Eerf ©2018

KING O' LENNIES!

{he/him/fan-sea-nightwing/giant mountain/etc.}

2400+

#Myhomethreadisat/336075

#TexasStrong

The first book is what got me into the series, and also the facts that the only characters you really see are DRAGONS! I mean, what book has only dragons except wof? Now I’ve even read every book except Darkstalker.

• Posted at:

mapleleaf

proud mudwing

jedi,guardian,wizard,Christian, and minecrafter.

The very First book was what got me hooked on the series!

• Posted at:

(Call me Beastie or Jambu, whatever you like)

Jambu? JAMBU JAMBU JAMBU JAMBU!!

The Dragonet Prophecy is what got me into the series. I had always wanted a book from the point of view of a dragon, and I had finally found it! It was by the Brightest Night did I really start getting into the fandom. 

• Posted at:

SNAPPLE  

the risk i took was calculated,

but man,

am i bad at math

WoF Naming List: /347880

The first book drew me in instantly and I fell in love with the series!!

GAH I CANT WAIT FOR THE LOST CONTINET!!!!!!! *quiet fangirling*

• Posted at:

I'm Gale but you can Call me Shadow

I'm a:

Leader

Warrior Cat

Christan

StarWing

FanWing TO THE MAX

#ToP

#Moonbli

"you don't wait for the storm to pass, you learn to dance in the rain" 

Moon Rising

• Posted at:

M i r a g e 

I'll make you see things

That aren't even real

But where did they come from?

Your mind, my dear!

Illusion

*here we go*

I first read The Dragonet Prophecy at Barnes and Noble. I didn't really get a good chance to finish it- I only got to the sixth chapter,  but I still liked the idea. Dragonets saving the world? A sweet, kind, hungry hero? MudWings? I was all for it! 

Then I couldn't find the second book for months. (A similar thing happened with Spirit Animals, yes, I know...I have a bad habit of this.)

10 months later I happened to spot The Lost Heir at my local library. I decided to check it out, because why not? Then I read it and was like, Magical death spit?!

And so I decided I desperately needed to become a FanWing. And here we are!

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

Speaking technically, the first

But if we want to get real specific, I was hooked when i read the caption in the school's book orders

• Posted at:

Abbie / Quail

(She/her)

The puzzle's tough, I'll admit, but in time we'll find where everything fits.

?

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

TLH. I snatched it from my friend before she had a chance to check it out while we were visiting the library. I'm 90% I wouldn't be a FanWing if I hadn't

• Posted at:

❅Unique❅

Queen of Negativity

"I'm not mean, I'm just annoyingly honest."

SUNSET'S MENTOR

Little salt ball in the corner

SO many different answers here, I love it!!

And for everyone who mentioned Darkstalker... when it came out I made my mom listen while I read her Darkstalker's hatching scene because I wanted her to understand how brilliant Tui's characters are and how awesome the series is. It's true in every book, but I think that scene is just excellent for introducing people who don't know much about the series.

More, please!!

• Posted at:

Currently inactive but counting down the days till....

Wings of Fire Book #12: The Hive Queen (December 26, 2018!!!)!

1 , , 3 ... 12 , 13 , 14