Hi, I'm Eureka and most of you have probably noticed that I'm the queen of insecurity and self-hatred. I was just thinking about this the other day and I don't know, I just wanted to say this to some people [mainly irl people, but I can't exactly address a huge group like this irl, and I'm sure you all know someone who might find this relevant in some way].

Anyway, yeah.

Let the ramble begin.

Some parts of this are directed at people like me, who sometimes literally can't fathom why someone would want to talk to them or be around them.

Some parts of it are directed at people who don't understand what we're thinking and feeling, and I'm not sure which parts are which so don't ask.

Most of the time, when a generally insecure person is beating themself up or talking down on themself or having trouble accepting a compliment, it's not a cry for attention, and they aren't fishing for more compliments. They genuinely believe that about themself.

I can't ever take a compliment, because in my eyes, whoever is complementing me usually seems to just be lying to my face, or maybe they're just delusional- because why else would they compliment me?

Logically, I know that isn't true and I know that they really mean it and they're probably in their right mind, but it's nearly impossible for me to emotionally and mentally believe it.

Sometimes that can make us look narcissistic or manipulative, because sometimes we aren't great at subtly deflecting compliments and sometimes we aren't great at voicing our feelings about ourselves in ways that let others understand what we truly do think.

I'm not saying "so compliment us a lot because we need it!!" or "so never call us out when we really do mess up, because that'll hurt us!!".

Yes, more compliments would always be nice- anyone, regardless of their self-esteem, would like to be complimented.

And yes, being called out can hurt our feelings sometimes, but it still has to be done.

We don't need [and we usually don't want] special treatment just because of our insecurities.

That said, and I know the thought of this makes some of you very anxious and scared, but with that said, always try to compliment someone if you genuinely like something about them.

Common things ["I like your shirt." or "Your hair looks good."] are great, but if you have a more unusual compliment for someone ["I love your speaking voice." or "Your handwriting is awesome."], try to tell them that too- although I understand why something like that would be harder to say.

This kind of goes back to what I said earlier about not needing special treatment because of emotional problems, so I guess go reread that part if you need to, idk.

If you need to call someone out, or correct them, or point out that they did something wrong in any way, always do it nicely and politely. NO. MATTER. WHO. THEY. ARE. OR. HOW. YOU. FEEL. ABOUT. THEM.

I'm going to stop now because usually I'm just the quiet kid in the back of the room but sometimes a Strong Opinion™ gets out and I usually start ranting and I don't want to do that, so thanks for reading I guess

how do you end these things

um

yeah.

tl;dr, always be as nice as you can to everyone, and people who badmouth themselves or can't take compliments usually completely believe what they're saying.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

eureka

moved to @thankfulthunderstorm1 :D

*Hugs Eureka*

Eureka...He loves you, so much, when you are feeling down and unloved, He loves you, even when you don't feel it or feel like you could be loved, just remember that your identity is in who HE says you are, not who you say you are,

because you are a wonderful young lady, witty, smart, funny, and encouraging!

most importantly, you are a daughter, and saved child, of HIM.

• Posted at:

I have said this to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have trials, but TAKE HEART! I have overcome the world!

-Jesus, John 16:33

~Angel~

My Identitis in Christ!

I don’t support same-gender romance.

4amigas

*hugs angel* well thanks buddy

• Posted at:

eureka

*Hugs* no problem, If you need me for anything, I'm here, alright? you're my sister in Him, and I always enjoy sharing His love and encouragement.

• Posted at:

I have said this to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have trials, but TAKE HEART! I have overcome the world!

~Angel~

My Identitis in Christ!

4amigas

aw that's really nice of you

• Posted at:

eureka

Thanks, but don't forget how precious you are to Him and to me,

He thinks you are more beautiful then the stars in the sky, or anything that He has created :)

• Posted at:

~Angel~

My Identitis in Christ!

4amigas

um I don't know how to reply to that in words so *hugs* thanks man

• Posted at:

eureka

Up

• Posted at:

eureka

i can relate to a lot of this

• Posted at:

loading candy.exe...

i look at myself and say

that i will be happy

loading data, please wait...

joined 1/5/2016

star count: 2573

homethread location: /322526

thank! you! for! this! masterpiece!

I know a lot of people who need to see/hear this and I'm so glad you’ve decided to speak up

*waves banner* go team you!

• Posted at:

m i r i 

✱ thanks for the laughs 

✱ goodbye comerades let’s get this bread 

I'm sorry that you struggle with insecurity and self-hatred. I struggle with the latter too. I really admire you and I think you're sweet and funny and successful in ways I can really only dream of being, which I really look up to. I know this doesn't help in the long term but, as the others have said, you're loved and supported and it's important that you know that.

• Posted at:

Clever, A Very Clevery Guy ❤❤❤

[exits, pursued by a bear]

bringing you cool good posts: Dec. 2014 - March 2019

appreciating and supporting you: today - forever!!!!

@candy

i'm really sorry to hear that, i would never wish this on anyone. i hope you can overcome it soon *hugs*

@miri 

thanks for the support, buddy-fren

@clever

i'm also sorry to hear that you struggle with self-hatred too

that means so much to me, especially coming from you, who i also see as successful in ways i could never achieve (plus smart and really creative and pretty funny as well)

• Posted at:

eureka

boop

• Posted at:

eureka

Agreed.

• Posted at:

Firework

December 2015-March 2019

3992 stars

/357093

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?

But because I knew you

I have been changed

For good

Whenever someone compliments me or something I've done ["wow your art is amazing!" or "good job on that math problem"] I kind of either freeze and don't respond or I say "thanks, but you're wrong", depending on what the compliment is, who said it, or the setting, though usually it turns into me speed-ranting about how the opposite it true or me awkwardly thanking them before shuffling away. I just can't take a compliment because I feel like they mean it, but my brain says it's not true, that they wouldn't say that if something or someone better than me were in the room. Sometimes I feel like they say that out of pity. But when someone says something like "her art is way better than yours", "oh my gosh, you're so stupid if you think that" or "you're nothing without him" (things said to me by the exact same person), it really hits me hard, even if I try to combat it with "it's okay, you can draw animals better..." or "you're fine, it's not true..." the insult just ricochets around in my head and those thoughts meant to bring me up start turning into "what if they're right... What if I am nothing..." no matter how hard I try. I doubt they know that them being a jerk is hurting me emotionally, but if they do, its not right to say those things to anyone.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

a.k.a. Panic! At the Everywhere

Detroit: Become Human

Gravity Falls

Steven Universe

Imagine Dragons

"Life is not the things that we do, it's who we're doing them with."

Est. 7/15/2016

@topaz

same man

just know that you aren't nothing- you're far from it.

you're totally right that it's never okay to say things like that- you should definitely try to distance yourself from whoever said them. 

when we grew up

our shadows grew up too

but they're just old ghosts

that we grow attached to

the tragic flaw is that they hide the truth-

that you're enough

i promise you're enough

i promise you're enough, i promise you

• Posted at:

eureka

I actually relate a lot to a lot of this, so ..... Thank you for posting this. *hugs shyly and then runs away*

• Posted at:

Snowfox

Slytherin

daughter of Hades

I need a better signature...

"People are trying to read here!" ~Hisoka Kurosaki

@Eureka, I want to, but it's hard when their locker is right next to yours and they are very clingy to two of your friends. Plus they constantly come to me specifically to tell me I'm trash.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

Gravity Falls

Steven Universe

Imagine Dragons

Est. 7/15/2016

Thank you for posting this.... I totally agree with everything you said.  

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

"The Biggest Flex Anyone Will Ever Have Is Dying"

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

@snowfox

*hugs* no problem, I hope your self-esteem gets significantly better soon

@topaz

you could talk to the school about moving lockers- seriously. there's a good chance they'll listen to you if you say it's because the person next to you goes out of their way to bully you. also, you could try talking to those friends that this person is really clingy to- see how they feel about him/her and maybe together, you guys will be able to do something about it.

@poppy

no prob, I'm just venting the Strong Opinions™ that always have to stay inside if I don't want to sound like a jerk all the time. 

• Posted at:

eureka

@Eureka, the thing is, if I move lockers, then they'll be someone else's problem, and I don't want the same thing to happen to someone else who may not be able to take it as much as I can. And my friends know, but no matter how much they talk to them, it just gets worse. They were tolerable last year when they were just innocently teasing me, but with the things they're saying now? It's getting a lot less bearable.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

Gravity Falls

Steven Universe

Imagine Dragons

Est. 7/15/2016

@Topaz

that's a valid point- have you asked your friends how they feel about this person? if the three of you all dislike this person, you can all actively avoid them and even tell them to stop talking to you, if it comes to that

• Posted at:

eureka

@Topaz: I have someone like that at my school, too. Well, one is really bad, but there's a lot of people who say stuff like "Jumping contest?" (I have OCD, and if I don't jump over certain tiles in the school's halls, I'm scared while I'm in the next room. And yes, I did talk to my parents, and yes, I'm taking medicine. It just takes a while to kick in)

• Posted at:

Firework

December 2015-March 2019

3992 stars

/357093

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?

But because I knew you

I have been changed

For good

@Eureka, we all have a deep loathing for them, and we all tell them not to talk to us, we all tell them not to bother us anymore, but that just makes them want to irritate us more. Honestly, the teachers don't even like them, nobody does.

I feel like this thread is turning into you guys trying to help me attempt to do what I've been trying to do for the past two years ._.

I don't even know why this person hates me other than that I have the same name as a girl they used to have a crush on at their old school who rejected them. I know this because I know the girl. I'm not a creeper I swear.

• Posted at:

~Topaz

Gravity Falls

Steven Universe

Imagine Dragons

Est. 7/15/2016

aaaaand this is why I can't cheer people up

• Posted at: