Prologue

Secretkeeper ran to the rainforest tunnel!!!11!!11!! She had to get there!!111!!!!1!! She had read her egg's mind and could sense it was hatching tonight!!1111!!1

"Woah where you going??" Preyhunter asked.

"Preyhunter, I have to tell you something!!111!!!11!!! I'm keeping a secret," Secretkeeper whispered loudly to Preyhunter.
"Woah okay!!!111!!!!11! Never would have guessed, but okay!!111!!!11!!! I'mma let you go now, because I'm only allowed to have two lines in this entire mess!!!1!!111!!1!" Preyhunter said, then let Secretkeepr pass.

Secretkeeper pressed the conveniently available ez button, because she was lazy and couldn't say "Well, that was easy." Then she KNOKKKED PREYHUNTER UNCONSCIOUS AND FLEW TO THE RAINFOREST!!11!!1

Now I will tell you why her egg is in the rainforest when Secretkeeper is a NightWing!!11!!11!!1

Secretkeeper thinks it has better to expose her egg to the MANY MORE dangerous, unfamiliar elements of the rainforest and have the dragonet POTENTIALLY DIE there instead of having it killed in the volcanic NightWing island, where there are only a few dangers, all of which she is familiar with!!

Secretkeeper is smaht™!!

So Secretkeeper rushed to the rainforest to see which way her unborn dragonet had died in the rainforest!!

But it didn't!!

"OH, I KNEW I COULD TRUST MY NONEXISTENT VISIONS!!!" Secretkeeper screeched with joy. "BUT HOW DID MY EGG MOVE?!"

The egg mysteriously smiled in response. "I'm magical," it whispered. "And silver and shiny and sparkly."

Then Secretkeeper's dragonet inside the egg destroyed the egg by hatching, and the egg died and made ded noises.

"Bleh," the shards of the egg said.

Secretkeeper didn't notice.
"OHMYMOONS MY DRAGONET IS SO PERFECT AND BEAUTIFUL I'M CALLING HER MOONWATCHER!!"

Then Secretkeeper left, because Preyhunter was stalking her, and Moonwatcher said, "mommy?" all cutesy and tiny and alone with her mind-reading and future-seeing, and immediately established herself as the protagonist.

Note: this is going to be an absolute mess

good and/or bad grammar will be inconsistent; most days, I can't take the time to write bad grammar, so the grammar will be more good than bad

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~ h i r a e t h ~ 

Christian

i can finally say i believe.

est. jan 2016

Who are we to wonder where we're going?  

Who am I to tell me who I am?

Let's take it back, and take in every moment

Who am I, to tell me who I am?

Chapter One

"MoOOOooOOooooOOOoootTHHHEEeerRRRRR!!!!11!!!11!!!1!!!11!!" Moonwacher scReAmEd.

"WhhHHHHAaaaaAAAAAaaaaAAAATTtttTTT???????//????//???///" Secretkeepr asked. "WHhhaaaAAAAaaatTTT is it, my beautiful, flawless, mysterious-looking, protagonistic, mind-reading, future-seeing, relatably shy daughter?????///????/??/"

"I caAAaaanNN'tttTTTt goooOOoooOOo to school!!1111!!!1!!!1" Moonwacher scREecHed. "ThAt's whAt!!"

"buuUUUTt yoOOUU haVVeeee tooOOOOooo!!!111!!!111!!!" Secretkeeper exclaimed.

"I CaAAAaannNNNnn't gooOOOOOOooo ooOOOoooonnn!!!111!!!11!!11" Moon wailed/sung dramatically.

"Okay, uh...how 'bout we just stalk people for a while?" Secretkeeper asked. "We can do it in the shadows, to reinforce the stereotype that NightWings like lurking in the shadows."

"Okay!" Moon said.

The royal SeaWing family came!!!1!!1!!

"I'll stalk the queen!!11!!1" sECRETKEEPER yelled loudly, yet somehow remained unnoticed by everyone but M00n. "You stalk one of those dragonets, okay?"

Moon gazed at Turtle and realized she couldn't read his mind!

Woah! What madness is this?! I better stalk him extra carefully now! Moon thought, so loudly that Turtle realized she was stalking him.

Turtle smiled at her, unconcerned. "Hello. I have a big secret that I will almost accidentally reveal to you later," Turtle explained to Moon.

"Wait, what?" Moon asked, but then had a vision!!111!!111!!1

When her mind cleared, Secretkeeper had finished stalking Queen Coral and Turtle was gone!!

(Well, Moon thought he was gone. In reality, Turtle had just physically turned into the puddle of water that he was and was hiding in plain sight now.)

Chapter Two

"Okay, let's try this again." Secretkeeper took a deep breath. "GO TO SCHOOL!!!"

"NooOOOOooOOOoooo!!" Moon sobbed. "I can't go on!" she cried again. Except this time, she did it grammatically and spellically correctly.

"Yes you can," Secretkeeper whispered. "For the sake of the plot, you WILL!! Plus, there is going to be a colorful, random, fun, brave sidekick to come help you!"

"Wait, what?" Moonwacher asked. "I know I'm the one with future-sight, but do you have any more spoilers about what's going to happen?"

"No!" Secretkeeper yelled, still not attracting any attention from anyone but Moon. "I--wait, you have future-sight??"

"No, no!" Moon said quickly. "I just, um...my head hurts from all the mind-reading."

"Oh, okay. BUT ANYWAY!" Secretkeeper shouted again. "I HAVE TO GO. BE BRAVE, MY WEIRD LITTLE DIAMOND!"

Then Secretkeeper turned into a weird little diamond and flew off.

"Wooahhh," Moon jealously said, watching her mother go. "I wish I could turn into a weird little diamond with wings."

Moon took a deep breath and had a sudden surge of bravery. But she still stayed relatably shy (she had to stay relatably shy, to minimize the amount of readers who would later want to kill her for stealing both Winter's and Qibli's hearts).

Moon briefly talked to the unimportant NightWing who has so little character development that Darkstalker called her a ninny in book 10. Said NightWing might have futuresight and mind-reading powers, but those are greatly diminished so that What's-Her-Face doesn't steal Moon's thunder. I mean, Moon stole What's-Her-Face thunder, so obviously, we can't have What's-Her-Face stealing it back!

But anyway!

Moon managed to put a relatably shy twist on simply walking into a school by two IceWings who conveniently appeared so she could run away from them. One of said IceWings was the all-powerful, all-sparkly, almighty Winter, who was both hated and loved and protected and attacked by the fandom and would later become part of Moon's love triangle that would only be solved in the last book, to ensure that some people continued reading. 

For now, though, Winter's only job was to appear sparkly and menacing, which he did quite well.

Moon found her room based on the directions What's-Her-Face had given her. One of her roommates was the previously mentioned colorful, random, fun, brave sidekick, and the other was a grumpy side character who would soon die. But that was okay, because nobody really cared about the grumpy side character.

Moon focused on the random, fun, brave sidekick called Kinkajou and was nervously forced to explore.

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~

Christian

jan. 2016—march 2019

star count: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

who has the time to hesitate?

something the forgetful author forgot to include in Chapter two:

As Moon was walking and rolling in a relatably shy way to her dorm, she passed by two SandWings!!111!!11!!!1!!!1

One of them stared at her intensely.

The other one failed to notice her, but the one that did was attractive! One might even say he was hot!!111!!11!1!

Moon began to read the hot one's overwhelmingly complicated thoughts. The loudest ones were, Huh, that must be the relatably shy dragon whose love triangle I am a part with, along with my clawmate. Although, I think, later on, she stops being relatably shy and--

"Oh..." Moon blushed in a relatably shy way and hurried on.

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~

Christian

jan. 2016—march 2019

MORE

• Posted at:

JADE SQUIDSHIPQUAKE

oceans rise, empires fall

we have seen each other through it all

for even if i‘m far away i hold you in my heart

no matter where you go

you’ll never be alone

toffee’s still a walnut

I'm going down with this ship

Oh dear...

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cringe to death.

• Posted at:

Disaster

Queen of sushi and annoying everyone

Someday soon, karma's gonna find you

BBBBbbbbBbBboOoOoooOoOoOOoOoOooOOoooOooooOOOOoOooOoOoOKkKkKkKkkKKkmMmMmMmMmMmmmMMmAAAaAAAAAAaaAAAAArRRrRrRrRrRrRRRRRrRrrrrKKKkkkkkKkkkkKk

• Posted at:

ⓈⓃⓌ-ⒺⓁⓎⒾⓊⓂ

☯she/her/weirdo☯

☯Anime\Manga\Book obsessed

☯"Now don't you understand...I'm never changing who I am.."-Imagine Dragons☯

☯Goddess of winter, nature, and art☯

Remember the lost☯

☯LGBTQ+ supporter

Rember the SAMB

I can see similarities to a certain fanfic

You have made me proud,my child.

• Posted at:

•Darksea•

Please excuse the typoes.

Darling don't be afraid, I will love you for a thousand years. 

God bless you Lucy.

3Amigas

This is a very sharp knife I have here

Yee

#Arkos

weird little diamond

aHHhahhaHAHAHA

• Posted at:

HAI

I'm Drizzle

"What should we do if empirical evidence and materialist philosophy are going in different directions?"

Chapter Three

Suddenly, Moon heard a voice in her head!!111!!11!!11

It sounded as if it were talking to her!111!!1! Like it knew she was a mind-reader!!11!11!

"In fact, yes, I am talking to you, and yes, I do know you're a mind reader," the voice said, making itself ominous by failing to identify itself and using bold and italicized font. It would have looked more menacing if the font had been Times New Roman or Andale Mono or Book Antiqua or even Georgia, but as it was, the author of this version could not be bothered to use such fancy fonts that helped menacing voices look more menacing.

"OHMYMOONS YOU'rE SO MENACING!!111!!11!!!1" Moon yelled loudly back at the voice, somehow not attracting attention from anyone but the voice. Apparently, the ability to shout while attracting only the attention of the dragon she wished to attract the attention of was an ability she shared with her mother.

Perhaps. Also, would you mind toning it down with the random 1's and overexcessive use of exclamation points?

"THAT'S NOT MY FAULT!!111!!111!!11!!1!1!!1" Moon screeched back, using even more exclamation points and 1's. "IT'S THE AUTHOR'S!!111!!11 ANYWHO, WHO ARE YOU??!!!!1111!!!11!!11!!1!1"

I'm a dark, ominous, menacing voice in your head who should have appeared in Chapter Two, but was tragically forgotten by the same forgetful author who tragically remembers to overuse 1's and exclamation points.

"OH MYSELVES!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HEAD!!" Moon exclaimed, replacing "my moons" with "myselves."

You're going to help me escape from the prison that my true love put me in. But for now, I'll gain your trust by helping you read minds.

"OH OKAY!!" Moon beamed at the voice as it disappeared from her head and focused on going to the library with Kinkajou, aka the bright colorful I-forget-the-rest-of-the-previously-used-adjectives sidekick.

"Hello, I am your blind nerdy librarian," Starflight said sadly to Kinkajou and Moon. "I can't even read by myself now, with my eyes. I don't know why Tui made me blind. I rely pretty much on What's-Her-face now. Isn't that sad? I have to rely on a not-very-bright side character to do things for me now. Look at this tragic mess of my life." Starflight took a cri.

Moon was the only one who noticed the cri, but she didn't care about comforting him and waited. Kinkajou didn't notice at all.

"HELLOOOOOOOOOO, SOOORRRRAAAAAAA!!!111!!111!" Kinkajou trilled to the quiet MudWing sitting in the corner who didn't particularly look like she wanted to be trilled at. Especially not with 1's.

"Oh, is Sora still here?" Starflight asked, pausing in his cri. "Oh, hello, Sora. I'm not sure why I thought you left, since my hearing is supposed to be good, since I'm a dragon, and should have improved, since I've been trying to listen to everything more carefully. I guess you're just that invisible. Huh. You could help me write a scroll about it!"

"OMM, Starflight," Kinkajou said loudly, using the rarely-seen abbreviation for "oh my moons," as it made her sound more like a popular girl. "Why are you so out of character and so unsympathetic??"

"I don't knoowww..." Starflight wailed, and started up his cri again.

"Now look what you've done," Moon said, clearly irritated.

"MAYBE WE SHOULD GO TO THE PREY CENTER!!111!!!1" Kinkajou yelled, her font randomly turning bright pink to emphasize her character.

"okay," Moon said quietly, back to being relatably shy. She had to keep reminding herself to do that; otherwise, she might be killed at the hands of some Qibli or Winter or Qinter fan.

Well, that could still happen, of course, but she wanted to reduce the chance of it happening.

"SOOORRRAAA w0UlD yoU liKe 2 cOmE?!!!!11!" Kinkajou asked Sora loudly.

"Uh...no...I'd...rather not go with a dragon who trills at me when I don't want t be trilled at," Sora whispered. Moon couldn't read Sora's mind, because Sora had a mind full of mud. Then the mud cleared long enough for Moon to make out a thought: Stopped by a mudslide? Maybe you're not as great as you think you are, Moon.

M00n blinked in surprise and immediately forgot about Sora as she and kInKaJoU headed to the prey center. 

M00n tried to block out the aGoNYYYYYYYY of the prey center bc OMM!!1 So many voices!! Inside and out!! OMM OMM OMM!! She hates noise!!

"HEll0 m00n me3T thIs conVenieNtly PLACED RAiNWiNg with sLoW thOughTs thAt enforce the RainWing stereotype that RainWings are lazy and emptyheaded!!" Kinkajou chirped.

"Hello, that would be me," Coconut said absentmindedly. "Have some fruit while I display the full extent of my stupidity." Oddly enough, he spoke much more clearly than Kinkajou did.

Moon was all too willing to do so, but thHEEENNN!!!!

A SCAVENGER!!

"OHMYMOONS A HOOMAN!!" Moon screamed. "I CAN READ ITS MIND!!"

Moon scooped up the human, heroically rescuing it from the horde of dragons that wanted to kill/eat it, in an attempt to make the reader like her more.

Then she was faced with the angry sparkly glittery menancing IceWing before who was also her potential love interest.

Winter...She thought dreamily, making M00n eyes at him, as only M00n could do.

Winter stared at her and hissed, attempting to force thoughts of hatred into his mind.

"I'm tsundere," he growled.

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~ 

Christian

est. jan 2016

holy heck this is the most amount of stars I've gotten in a while, save for that time I exposed Dynasty

@Dizzy

laugh, don't cringe to death

we want you alive

and also happiness

happiness is good

@ponyspicy XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

@Darksea yeeeeeeeeeet

@Drizzle yeah I'm gonna make fun of weird phrases from the books :)

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~ 

Christian

est. jan 2016

:)

Brightest night or book 5 if I remembered the title wrong.

• Posted at:

Teostra •

Flaming dragon lion

Monster Hunter World

Lives on a giant space whale

Learning to code

Socially awkward

I am in my element

My essence is fire

My soul is heat

You can scroll down now.

If WoF mwas my immortal 

• Posted at:

this is beautiful oml

• Posted at:

seafoam

> an idiot

> gay™

> mainly active on discord

> owo 

Bookmark!

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

There's nothing left to say now

Let's only think about love!

You have opened the yawning grave

α σνєя σƒ муѕтєяумαgι¢, αη∂ αηgѕт!

"I'm tsundere" is absolutely the best line to end a chapter on ever

Also, this: "Okay, uh...how 'bout we just stalk people for a while?" Secretkeeper asked. "We can do it in the shadows, to reinforce the stereotype that NightWings like lurking in the shadows." 

• Posted at:

Such is the path of a dreamer: I find my way by moonlight.

~Oncilla~

Queen of Non SequiturBookwyrmsPangolinsand Bones

Trash Squad, WerewolfGASTER FOLLOWER

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

WoFMBer Dec. 2014-Mar. 2019

@Rubylav, you should totally make a series of this!!!!!!111!!1!!1111!!!1!111!!1!!!!! IT’S BEAUTIFUL!!!!1!!1111!

• Posted at:

-=|GALAXEE|=-

_Queen of Pigeons_

She/her/they/them

"Never anger the Pigeon Overlord, life lesson to ya'll."

Colors tell you everything

LGBTQ+

#IFOUNDMYPASSWORD

This is just canon

• Posted at:

Clever, A Very Clevery Guy ❤❤❤

[exits, pursued by a bear]

bringing you cool good posts: Dec. 2014 - March 2019

appreciating and supporting you: today - forever!!!!

Chapter Four

"Wh-what?" Moon stuttered.

"I didn't stutter," Winter replied, meanly thinking, Unlike you. Moon sadly looked down at the scavenger at this mean, mean thought. Someone who I am weirdly automatically attracted to for his sparkles and spikes hates me!! Moon gave a cri internally. But she didn't cri out loud, because she needed to be a strong female character for the readers to keep reading. (She apparently, however, did not need to be a strong independent woman who don't need no man.)

"Wh-who are you?" Moon asked, even though she already knew who he was.

"I'm shiny," Winter answered. Lyrics from the Shiny song in Moana temporarily danced around his head. Yeah, I'm so SHINYYYYYY!!111!!111!!1!!11 "Also, give me my scavenger back," he added as an afterthought.

Moon was distracted by the Shiny song lyrics Winter had just thought. He knows Moana too??? I somehow know Moana too, even though movies haven't been invented in Pyrrhia yet??

Also, how is he shiny and tsundere??

"Hello?" Winter said impatiently.

The hot SandWing from before came up!!111!!11!1!1

"HEY WINTER COOL DOWN!!11!!1!!" Qibli yelled. "HYUK HYUK HYUK!! I'M SO FUNNEH!!!1111!!11!!11"

"..." Winter stared at Qibli, somehow managing to say the ellipsis out loud.

"I'm Qibli. I know Winter is menacing and blinding and hurts to look at, but it's okay, he's just mad because my idiocy let his scavenger to escape. Weird, since I'm supposed to be smart, but I guess even smart dragons do idiotic things. Anyway, what's your name?"

Moon heard the question and immediately thought of Hamilton. Since she was thinking of Hamilton lyrics, however, she forgot to answer the question.

"HELLO?!" Winter screamed threateningly at her, immediately becoming more hostile to make Qibli seem less dumb. "WHAT'S YOUR NAME???"

"WINTER CHILL" Qibli screamed back. Aren't I so funny and good at puns?? That will definitely make everyone like me.

Moon quietly coughed, "Dadjokes," but with all the screaming, neither Qibli nor Winter seemed to notice.

"Her name is M00n and she's my best fren!!!111!!!111!!" Kinkajou yelled. "SO JUST LEAVE HER ALONE, YOU ATTRACTIVE SHINY SPARKLY ICE DRAGON!!"

"Somehow, I get the feeling that that was supposed to be more of an insult then it actually was," Winter mused to himself.
"Hey guys, we're getting off the plot by dragging this scene out too much!!" Qibli exclaimed. "Moon, give Winter back his scavenger!"

"HE CAN'T EAT IT!" Moon screeched insanely.

"WHO SAID I WAS GOING TO?!" Winter screeched back at her. "JUST BECAUSE I'M SPARKLY AND SHINY AND MENACING AND TSUNDERE DOESN'T MEAN I EAT SCAVENGERS!! STOP MAKING ASSUMPTIONS!"

"Um." Moon didn't know what to say. Winter's mind hurt her. It screamed a lot and was also as reflective as the mirror that had yet to be invented in Pyrrhia, probably.

"STOP YELLING AT HER!" Qibli yelled at Winter. "I'M GONNA PROTECT THIS SHY WEIRDLY COOL RELATABLE NIGHTWING BECAUSE SHE'S PRETTY AND HAS SILVER TEARDROP SCALES BY HER EYES!!"

"YOU HAVE GREAT REASONS FOR PROTECTING HER. I THINK I'LL DO THAT TOO!!!11!!1!" Winter yelled back at Qibli. "EXCEPT I HAVE TO DO IT TSUNDERE™ STYLE!!"
"Why is there so much yelling...?" Sunny asked, entering the prey cave.

"oh, hello, Sunny," Moon said. "I have managed to make two dragons fall for me in the space of two seconds. And...thiiisss is where the crazy murderous fans come in."

"Hmm. I really just came here to talk about scavengers and ask Qibli if he wants to switch out of Winter's cave," Sunny answered absently, not seeming very concerned for Moon.

"As a matter of a fact, I don't," Qibli said to Sunny.

"Hmm, purely to provide Qinter shipping material, I assume?" Sunny scratched her chin. "I'm confused...does the author want Moon to be killed or not? Because she wouldn't provide the readers with a lot of Qinter shipping material if she didn't want Moon to be killed at the hands of some Qinter fan who thinks she's getting in the way."

"Idk," Moon, Qibli, and Winter all said at once, shrugging simulatenously.

"Are there any other important events we need to include in this chapter?" Qibli asked.

"I need to suspect Moon of being able to read minds," Winter offered. "Since this is a trollfic, it's going to happen without logic. Moon, now would be a good time to realize I'm suspecting you."

"Oh nOooOOOooOOOoo!!!!111!!11!!11!!11!!1" Moon screamed tragically. "He suUUsssPPeeecCCCtttSSS meeEEEeee and HaaaaaAAAaaaAAAtttTTTEEEeeeeeessSSSSS meeEEEeeeee!!!111!!111!!111 WHatEVeR sHaLl I dOOOOOooooOOoooo???"

A/n: I'm tired so I just made a bunch of fourth wall breaking stuff

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~

Christian

jan. 2016—march 2019

rubylav i'm so proud of you

this is a reference to that one trollfic i sent you right?

also you referenced hamilton

always a good thing

• Posted at:

death

i am death

bow down to me or you will die

love, death

<3

YES

• Posted at:

-=|GALAXEE|=-

_Queen of Pigeons_

She/her/they/them

LGBTQ+

#IFOUNDMYPASSWORD

honestly? this winter is better than canon winter.

• Posted at:

: 

Bo0kMeRK!11!1!!!1!!1!!!

• Posted at:

Fanwing

lego engineer

and GAMER

@Amy yeah kind of :))))

@Galaxee  yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

@Marx aww thanks :)

@Riptide XDD

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~

Christian

jan. 2016—march 2019

B00kmArK!!1!111!!!!!11

XD

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

We will never be forgotten

for we've all played our parts

and if the memories are erased

they'll still be in our hearts

Winter...She thought dreamily, making M00n eyes at him, as only M00n could do.

Winter stared at her and hissed, attempting to force thoughts of hatred into his mind.

"I'm tsundere," he growled.

Ok that line seriously made me laugh so hard. XD

• Posted at:

-ᏕᎧᏬᏝᏕᎧᏁᎶ-*Fallen*

{I Identify as a Child of God!}

Want to see a disappearing trick? I call it hiatus!

Proud Christian

Jesus, I praise your name

You fill me in every way

So it's you that I will raise

Until I end my days

yES I NEED THIS!!!11!!!1111!!!!!!1!!!1

• Posted at:

-=+Imagine+=-

-=+Iɯɐƃuǝ+=-

He/Him/Hubble

Joined 4/7/2017

6,004 stars

Gone 3/2019

The end is not merely the end, but a chance for new beginnings

i made that up on the spot wow it sounds good

Chapter Five

M00n was having a long and sleepless nite!! pondering true love!!111!!11!

Actually, no, that's not true. First, she had a VISION!!111!!11!!1 Because that's our Moon—mind-reading and future-seeing!!

"OH MYSELVES," Moon shrieked while she was having her vision. "JADE MOUNTAIN IS LIKE, HAVING AN AVALANCHE, AND EVERYONE IS LIKE, DYING!!!111!!11!!"

"STOP THAT!" The ominous, bolded and italicized voice from before came back, except this time it was not bolded and italicized. However, she still did not see its face, which she found rather disturbing.

"YOU ARE SO ANNOYING WHEN YOU HAVE VISIONS!!111!!111!!!" The ominous voice yelled, yanking Moon out of her vision. "Do you HAVE to scream like that??!!"

"AS A MATTER OF A FACT, I DO!!11!!111!!" Moon screamed back. "ALSO, THANK YOU FOR PULLING ME OUT OF THAT SCARY SCARY AWFUL SCREAM-INDUCING VISION!!11!!11"

"Fft, don't mention it," the voice said. "I was only doing it because you were being really annoying, and also, I foresee that this will make you trust me a whole lot more in the future, in which case it will be more likely that you free me from my prison."

"...what?" Moon didn't follow.

"I have futuresight and mind-reading capabilities too," the voice sighed. "Keep up."

"...what?" Moon asked.

"Hey, look, I'm going to encourage you to use your powers, because then you might become power-hungry and ambitious like me, and we can rule the world together!" The voice paused. "You like your powers, don't you?"

"Yes, I do," Moon answered, immediately trusting the voice. "But, I mean, you know; I have to keep them a secret, even if it means putting everyone in danger, because I'm afraid they'll all hate me!! I mean, some of them will love me and my friends will love me, but I think it's better to have everyone dead (including myself) than have everyone hate me!" 

"Pfft," the voices said. "You're very wrong."

"Who are you, O Wise Voice?" moon asked.

"Hmm, I wonder why you don't know. Possibly because you are uneducated in the ways of the NightWings? No, definitely not that." The voice thought for a moment. "How many years since the Scorching, Moon?"

"Uh...it's 5012 A.S."

The voice threw a temper tantrum and woke Moon up so she didn't witness his temper tantrum.

Moon lay for a while and, because of her insanely large mind-reading range, took the time to read everyone in the mountain's minds.

Then she went for a walk.

She met a sad, rocky dragon named Stonemover on her walk, who was so sad to the point he was also really a lot more pathetic than sad, because his thoughts were very slow and almost as meaningless as Coconut's. Then, on the way back, she heard...

SOMEONE HAD A DREAMVISITOR!!!111!!!11!!11

AND THEY WERE CONSPIRING TO KILL PEOPLE AT THE SCHOOL!!!11!!!11!!!

"Ohhh nnOOOooOOOooOOOOoo," Moon gave a cri. "Whatever shall I dooOOOooOOOOOoooo? I can't help without REVEALING MY POWERS!! I guess it's just better to let dragons die while I cry!!"

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~ 

Christian

est. jan 2016

No no NOOO you forgot Carnelian! 

This is so good and cringey at the same time, I'm crying

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

fft I didn't forget Carnelian

I referred to her as a side character who would soon die

@Everyone the chapters are structured pretty much the same way the chapters in the book are structured; the same events are [supposed] to happen in each chapter (unless I forget). It's also why Chapter Three ended with Winter saying "I'm tsundere"; in the book, that chapter ended with Winter saying something.

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~

Christian

jan. 2016—march 2019

Oh. Sorry, I missed that

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

It's okay :)

Also lemme point out things from Chapter Five instead of posting a new chapter bc the new chapter isn't written yet

M00n was having a long and sleepless nite!! pondering true love!!111!!11! This is a Shrek reference from the musical

Because that's our Moon—mind-reading and future-seeing!!  very loosely a Magisterium reference ("that's our Makar—chaos magic and grand theft auto!)

"Uh...it's 5012 A.S."  A.S stands for After Scorching

"Ohhh nnOOOooOOOooOOOOoo," Moon gave a cri. "Whatever shall I dooOOOooOOOOOoooo?  this is basically what Moon said at the end of the last chapter

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~ 

Christian

est. jan 2016

Chapter Six

"helLLOOOOOO, my DeArEsT friend who I have met just yesterday!!111!!!1!11!11" Kinkajou screamed in Moon's ear to wake her up. "But that's okay! I'm willing to act as if I've known you my WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE!!! Also, do you like my scales today?? They'RE THIS COLOR instead of THIS COLOR!!111!!!!1!!11!"

Moon was temporarily blinded, and so didn't say anything. Instead, her Soon-to-be-dead side character of a clawmate spoke.

"For Pyrrhia's sake, SHUT UP!!!" Carnelian roared. She was, oddly, wearing sunglasses. Probably to protect her eyes.

"I am willing to act as if I have known you my entire life too," Moon announced to Kinkajou, her response a bit delayed.

"thats gr888888 m88888!!!11!!11! HEY!!!11!!!111 UNIMPORTANT SIDE CHARACTER WHO I AGGRAVATE!!11!!! WHERE DO WE GO??!!11!!"

Carnelian managed to visibly squint at Kinkajou through her sunglasses. "Um, shouldn't you know that? Since, y'know, you're always going on about how you're 'best friends' with the Dragonets of Destiny and they gave you all this inside info about JMA??"

"WhhaaaAAAaaaaAAAAaaaTTTtttTT??" Kinkajou yelled. "I never said that! I would never brag like that!!11!!11!!"

Carnelian's squint intensified, but she readjusted her sunglasses and lead them to their cave.

"HI I AM ENERGETIC AND SCARE SHY RELATABLE DRAGONS SUCH AS MOONS!!!1!!111!!11" Tsunami loudly shouted.

"I'm gay, but it doesn't matter, because I leave in this book and am never seen again for the rest of the arc, and my crush gets together with someone else," Umber said sadly.

"I tolerate the gay bean because I am an LGBTQ+ rights activist. Why doesn't he get the guy of his dreams? Also, he's a MudWing, and therefore is acceptable," Carnelian added, adjusting her sunglasses.

"Aw, thanks," Umber said, feeling slightly better.

"I'm the puddle," Turtle said, puddling in puddlingly. "Also known as Turtle."

Woahh I can't reAD HIS MIND!!!11!!!11 Moon gasped, having forgotten this due to her short-term memory. MAYBE HE'S THE ONE WHO WAS SPEAKING INSIDE MY HEAD!!11!11!!1

"Why is the NightWing looking at me?" Turtle whisper-shouted to Umber.
"I haven't the slightest clue," Umber whisper-shouted back, temporarily forgetting his sadness at not getting his love interest.

"HI I'M LOVE INTEREST #1 AND I THINK I'M HILARIOUS!!11!!!1!" Qibli shouted, sidling into the cave. Moon freaked out.

"No, you're not!! I'm love interest #1! You're love interest #2!" Winter snapped, glitteringly marching in.

Moon's heart dropped. How am I going to survive with both of my love interests in my winglet??

"How so?" Qibli frowned.

"I think it's because he talked to Moon before you did," Tsunami offered. Then she cleared her throat and resumed her usual loudness. "But enough about that!! I think it's time we introduced ourselves!!"

Oh myselves, Moon freaked out internally. How am I going to survive in a cave with a small winglet!! I mean, I can apparently survive the prey center but not a cave with a much smaller amount of mind voices!!

"What do y'all wanna talk about?" Tsunami asked the winglet, gaining a random and sudden accent.

Let's see, Moon heard Winter going in his head. What topic can I discuss that will bother and bully Moon the most?

"NightWing powers," Winter said smugly.

How diabolical of him!! And yet, how attractive!! Moon thought. Nearby, she heard a similar echo from Kinkajou's thoughts: How mean of him!! But also very shiny!!

"I LIKE THAT IDEA!!" Carnelian said with unusual enthusiasm.

"I hate prophecies and mind-reading," Tsunami chimed in.

Oh no!!! That means—that means she might hate me!!! Moon thought tragically.

"As the Head of School, I'm not supposed to allow bullying, though, so let's just all go hunting instead!!!1!!11!!11" Tsunami ran out, and Moon smiled, thinking, I'm braver than her!! Weirdly!!

Winter snorted. Tsunami can't tell me what to do.

He sat in front of Moon and stared at her angrily. "I'm gonna bully you, because I have an angsty childhood. Whatever 'angsty' means."

Moon tragically screamed, "nooOOOooOOOOooOOO!1!!!1!!"

"Hey, leave her alone!!" Qibli yelled at Winter.

"Yeah, you shiny, dark, mysterious, handsome IceWing!!" Kinkajou also yelled at Winter.

Winter sighed. "Kinkajou, please stop trying to insult me. Your insults can't be that different from your compliments. But at any rate, I'll listen."

Umber stared sadly at Qibli. "Why u leave me for le mysterious NightWing in a love triangle?" Umber thought for a minute, then blinked. "Wait. Moon is in a love triangle. Winter is kind of in a love triangle too—Kinkajou likes him. But then again, there's Qinter. Qibli is kind of in a love triangle, because I like him—why is everyone in a love triangle?"

"I don't know, let's just go," The living puddle Turtle said, and he left with Umber and Carnelian.

Winter glared at Moon and left. Why? Because how could anyone disobey orders from Qibli and Kinkajou?

"Woah, I've got friends," Moon said, amazed. "One of which is Love Interest #2."

Qibli looked mildly offended at this nickname, but not terribly, because after all, he was Moon's love interest.

I have an ominous message for you, the ominous voice whispered.

Oh no! You're back?? But I thought I was gonna go, like, a whole chapter without you showing up!!!11!!!11!!1

You thought wrong, the voice whispered. At any rate, I'm going to tell you that your friends can stab you in the back, even though they won't, and mine did because I was evil.

Aw, thanks for the advice—wait, what was that last part? Moon thought at the voice.

Toodle-oo!!

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~ 

Christian

est. jan 2016

I think I cried laughing 45 times while reading Chapter Six

These are so good

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

These are so beautiful XD

• Posted at:

-=|GALAXEE|=-

_Queen of Pigeons_

She/her/they/them

LGBTQ+

#IFOUNDMYPASSWORD

Chapter Seven

Moon went hunting, along with her entire winglet and Tsunami. (For reference, her winglet includes gay-mud-bean-who's-never-seen-after-this-book, random-fun-enthusiastic-noisy-bright-somewhat-naive sidekick, oh-myselves-I-can't-read-his-mind puddle, Love Interest #1, Love Interest #2, and finally, last and least, grumpy-side-character-who-will-soon-die.)

For some odd reason, most of the dragons were hunting for fish while Qibli spied on Moon and pretended he wasn't spying on Moon.

M00n pretended she didn't notice Qibli spying by spying on a goat!!11!!11!11

"A GOAT!!11!!11!!" Moon screamed and kIlLED IT!!11!!11!!!

"Woah," Qibli zipped right over, forgetting that if he did that, it'd make it more obvious that he had been spying on Moon. "You can hunt??!!11!!11!!"

"NightWings can hunt??!!1!!1!11!!" Carnelian exclaimed, as surprised as Qibli.

"I think they do a weird venom-rotting thing," Kinkajou offered, hanging upside down from a tree, wearing dark purple lipstick. Oh no, wait, the lipstick is just blackberry juice. Never mind! Pyrrhia doesn't have makeup after all!

"They do, but Deathbringer and Glory are teaching them how to hunt properly," Moon explained. "And I just...uh...taught myself how to hunt. Because, somehow, a very young dragonet with no parents can teach herself how to hunt, but fully-grown NightWings can't."

"Wow," Qibli said, amazed that Moon was such a special NightWing. Oh, wow, she has sparkly silver scales by her eyes AND can teach herself how to hunt. I hope I'm the love interest she ends up picking.

He will be, the voice interjected.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA— Moon thought at him, and would have continued thinking at him, except that now they were going back to the prey center.

Thank Pyrrhia that that "what" got cut off, the voice muttered quietly to himself.

Did you say something? Moon asked. She was distracted from Darkstalker's thoughts, since she was too busy thinking about what a tragic dragon she was!!1!!11!! Mother had left her alone so often that she'd had to teach herself how to hunt, something that had virtually never been done before!!1!!1!! And also—THE PREY CENTER!!1!!!! ACK!!!!1!!1!!1 SHE COULD STAND IT LAST TIME, BUT SHE'D GO CRAZY IF SHE HAD TO GO BACK!!11!!1!!

Why are the side effects of my powers so inconsistent? Moon sobbed to the voice, who she most definitely loved and trusted, despite only having known him for less than a day. Then again, she also trusted her entire Winglet, so. How come I could stand the prey center once, but couldn't stand a room with a much smaller amount of dragons?? How come I could stand the entrance at the school, but I can't stand the prey center again?

Oh, well, here's a trick that will take away all the bad side effects of your powers and make you a REALLY good mind reader, good to the point where you later will be able to read Peril's minds. Your powers will somehow improve significantly in a matter of weeks, by the way.

Wait, what? Who's Peril?

Never mind, here's the trick. The voice thought the trick at Moon, who replied with, Wow! Ty so much! Love u to myself and back!

You sound narcissistic, the voice observed.

What's that mean?
Before the voice could fake some answer, Moon was magically at the prey center. She tried the new trick.

IT WORKS!!!1!11!11!11!!11!111!!!1 OH, THANK YOU, MY BOLDED, OMINOUS FRIEND!!!11!!11!!1111!!!1 Moon screamed at the voice.

I'd have preferred a quieter, less trolly thank-you, the voice grumbled, but then!!1!!1!11

There was Love Interest #2!!11!!!!!

"Feed me," demanded Qibli.

"...what?" Moon wondered if this was some odd romance thing dragons did that mother had never told her about. Like birds!

"Oh, okay, I guess I'll just feed myself then," Qibli said disappointedly.

Moon, in a panic to make friends and keep Love Interest #2 as her love interest, shoved goat down Qibli's throat.

"SDFKLJNWKEJfnskjdfnkwjenkjnfKSJDFNKSDJF," Qibli said, choking on the unexpected goat, and then!!1!11!!

M00n had a visioN!!1!!1!! Of Love Interest #2!!1!!1!111!!1

She had Qibli were happily married and had a bunch of Sand/night dragonets, all of which attended JMA, and they all lived in the rainforest (why? Because Moon wanted to, and Qibli was just an obedient husband), and all their dragonets had tail barbs and moon-given powers—

Suddenly, another vision interrupted the happy one!!1!!11!!!

QIBLI WAS HAVING AN ANGRY REUNION WITH HIS FAMILY!!!1!!!!111!!1!

M00n, who knew ALL ABOUT Qibli's family by INVASIVELY SPYING ON HIS THOUGHTS despite the trick the voice had taught her that would block out thoughts, wailed.

"oh nooOOooOOO!11!!11! I wish I could save him!!!!!11!!! But I have to keep my powers hidden!!1!!1111!!" Moon wailed, while casually walking away from Qibli.

Qibli shouted something after her, but he was choking, so Moon didn't know what it was. Moon did know the Heimlech manuever, but she didn't think it could help Qibli. After all, he was just choking on goat that she had force-fed him. He'd get better by himself, she was sure.

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~

Christian

jan. 2016—march 2019

i laughed so hard when moon shoved goat down qibli's throat

it rhymessss

• Posted at:

HAI

I'm Drizzle

"What should we do if empirical evidence and materialist philosophy are going in different directions?"

Bookokokokokookokokokokokokokokmerk!!!!!111!!!!1!!1!!11

• Posted at:

~Sir_D3rpington~

Or just ~D3rp~

"Sociopathic chicken man named after an article of clothing"

When you hear a faint "yeet" in the distance,  yeah that's me.

yeet

ayy

aw hecc, i'm out of things to put down here.

Gregg rulz ok

oh

my

light

this hurts XD

• Posted at:

Sanetra

11562+ stars - Apr 2017 - Mar 2019

Life is the greatest gift. You've all helped shape mine. I can never thank you all enough. It's been so good

Amigos

eurekaDarkseaBearBlackberryVertigoLectorGulfyCaleoZodiakTS

...I'm with you to the end

And now, Kinkajou appears for a sneak peek of Chapter Eight:

(warning: do not read if you have sensitive eyes. Sunglasses are strongly advised.)

I LIKE COLORS!!!!1111!!!111!!!11!!111

This concludes the sneak peek. You may now open your eyes/take off your sunglasses.

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~ 

Christian

est. jan 2016

Just popping in to bookmark this. 

• Posted at: