Do you like it..?

CHAPTER 1

Just a side note, when creating this I used or altered 1 sentence from each of the books from The Dragonet Prophecy to Darkness of Dragons. If you recognize something from one of those ten books, congratulations! I made Apricot so angry because of being kept in that darkness for so long (hey, a week's a pretty long time for a RainWing!) I'm also really, really sorry for this. The ship is... really bad, but I had to make the line work.

Day 7
  That horrible number. 7 days until she died. 7 days until the monster was released. 7 days until it was all over. Apricot's talons began sinking into the sand below her as she looked at the tunnel a statue of a furious RainWing was guarding. If only I could make it over, she thought. Maybe that's where the monster is, and I can only get out of the Death Pit if the statue is moved...
  "I'm ready," Apricot said. "Just let it attack me already."
  "If you insist..." a voice hissed. Apricot looked behind her, to see the statue of a furious RainWing moving its talons and shifting its roar into an evil grin. "I'm ready too."
  Apricot jumped as it lunged towards her, miraculously dodging its attack. At that moment, she remembered that stone spear she carved in her days of boredom. She picked it up and thrust it at the statue, but the statue dodged the attack and nearly pushed the spear into Apricot's neck. She barely recovered when she got back up to ask the question of the battle;
  "What kind of group could you have been in to become so... vicious!?" she asked, ready to strike again.
  "The Talons of Peace." it answered.
  This time Apricot tilted the spear up and stabbed it violently into the statue's open mouth. "You're lying!" she yelled, turning white in her shock, with splatters of furious red. She jumped back onto the sand and focused on her scales, watching them blur quickly into the pale brown-gold-white colors.
  If I run... it'll be looking for me, she thought. Oh, poor Starflight. If I die, who will he have to love? Fatespeaker?

On that thought, she fled up the winding stone tunnel, her claws scraping against the rock as she ran. Once she reached the top, she curled her talons, looking at the trees around her. No spies? she hoped.
  "It looked like Queen Glory to me," a NightWing said from a distance.
  "But that's impossible!" another said. "She would have never hurt her prisoners! It must have been someone else. An ancient dictator, maybe? Another queen who came before Glory?"
  "If only Glory wasn't killed. Then maybe we'd have a better queen."
  Apricot smiled. She agreed with the NightWing, who she now recognized as Midnight.
  "You see, inferior servants, this is why so many of you have gone missing." a sly voice said. Apricot moved to the side just in time as Midnight and the other NightWing were thrown into the Death Pit.
  Queen Jaguar.

if you like it i could make chapter 2...? okay you probably don't like it but whatever

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~Quartz~

I changed my mind I’m staying

That one person who always gives you the opposite of help.

no?

• Posted at:

~Quartz~

Hey it’s better than mine

• Posted at:

*SINGULARITY* 

The Forum Comedian 

KINONUCLEOTIDES

He/Him/His

#RemeberEllysia 

I Am The AutoStar 

Find The Way To Happiness

" Life finds a way, and you should too, stay motivated and happy my friends. "

-Singularity

FanFic:/354265

Wow, thanks.

• Posted at:

~Quartz~

I like it, and would continue reading it, if you decide to write more.

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

We will never be forgotten

for we've all played our parts

and if the memories are erased

they'll still be in our hearts

If you have not seen mine check it out soon at /315806

• Posted at:

*SINGULARITY* 

The Forum Comedian 

KINONUCLEOTIDES

He/Him/His

#RemeberEllysia 

I Am The AutoStar 

Find The Way To Happiness

" Life finds a way, and you should too, stay motivated and happy my friends. "

-Singularity

FanFic:/354265

This. Is. Awesome. *claps*

• Posted at:

Fanwing

lego engineer

and GAMER

CHAPTER 2

At the sight of the large RainWing, Apricot immediately camouflaged her scales to become the color of the grasses and moss underneath her talons. Rrrggh, Apricot, why panic now? she thought as Queen Jaguar violently snatched a banana from an unsuspecting RainWing. I just need some sun time. She paused and looked over in the direction of a small hut. And I need to see my family again. I need to make sure they know I'm alright.

Almost as if it heard her thoughts, the statue burst out of the Death Pit, Midnight in its mouth, and the other NightWing who was being stretched from the statue's talons until her head popped off in an explosion of blood.

"NO ONE FLEES THE DEATH PIT!" its booming voice roared. It started to clamp its jaw shut, piercing Midnight's scales with its sharp stone teeth. 

Come on, think fast, Apricot, Apricot thought, until finally, That's it!

She looked up at a tall tree nearby. It won't destroy it, but it will keep it still for a while. "Hey, RainWings!" she yelled. "I bet I can climb up this tree before you can!"

A swarm of RainWings ran to the tree, so many that the tree couldn't take it for much longer. When Apricot reached the top, she peered down to see blood forming around the teeth of the statue.

"Come on, you really can't do it?" More and more RainWings climbed up the tree, until-

"RRRRROOOOOOOAAAARRR!" The tree fell onto the statue, pinning it down for a while as Midnight crawled out of the roaring mouth of the statue. Her dark purple scales were splattered with dark red blood, although there was still a weak smile on her face.

"Thanks... Apricot..." she said weakly. "Get.. get a healer..."

Apricot nodded and flew off into the trees. She flew past a family of sloths and looked up at the sun, smiling at its warmth. She landed outside of a healer's hut and walked in, being greeted by a friendly smile.

"Hello, you're Apricot, right? You should go visit your family. They've been looking everywhere, you know. If I were you, I would visit them. I heard they were having a visitor-"

"UGH!" she yelled. "Midnight is dying!"

"Hm, alright." she said. "I'll go see if Queen Jaguar has any advice."

"Wait- no!" she yelled, but it was too late. The healer was already flying towards the gigantic RainWing palace. She was going to see Queen Jaguar. This woldn't be- wait! A thought struck her. This wasn't a healer. A healer would ask for directions and heal the victim themself.

This was a spy for Queen Jaguar.

• Posted at:

~Quartz~

Renaming series to DoH, Dragons of Hope, which takes place in the universe of WoF.

• Posted at:

~Quartz~