So, I don't know if you know this, but I hope you know that I think you're an amazing person and I admire you a lot

------

Also, I've been convinced by a close friend to watch/play Danganronpa

His advice was to buy Steam, then play the games

He then subsequently informed me that there was a supplementary show (but only certain seasons/shows are good?)

So I think I need a bit more clear advice on that

(And you are the perfect person to ask)

------

ALSO

I wanted to try and collaborate on an RP with you

I had two ideas, 1) reboot of The Most Awful, Most Tragic Event in Pyrrhian History (I'll be honest Suni is my favorite OC of mine)

or 2) A sort-of Renaissance urban fantasy RP known as the City of Sins, which is basically this horrible place that's ruled by decadence and violence and money (like ancient Venice)

I came up with a lot more for it, but this is just a basic rundown

You are free to offer your own suggestions

I'm also overly obsessed with lore, so keep that in mind for suggestions

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Moonflight

I MIGHT BE BACK... on the weekends

woa, I didn't realize that! I think you're more worthy of admiration than I am though haha

~~~

My advice would either be to watch someone play the first game, or buy it on Steam and play it yourself. Playing/Watching it through blind would be the best. 

The order I recommend (since there are multiple games) DR1 --> SDR2 --> UDG --> DR3 --> DRV3

if you need to know what the abbreviations are, I'd be happy to tell you

So there are two animes pertaining to Danganronpa. The first, Danganronpa the Animation, is an anime adaptation of the first Danganronpa game. I would recommend playing the game instead of watching the anime, since the anime omits a lot of details and story in order to squish everything into 12 episodes

The second anime is original. It wraps up the storyline of the first few games, and should be watched after those three games (Danganronpa 1, Super Danganronpa 2, Ultra Despair Girls) there's a special order in which to watch this so summon me again when you reach this part :)

DRV3 is the most recent game. It's supposedly separate from the rest of the series before this point

~~~

I need to go now so I'll respond to your second half once I get home

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

‖ She/Her ‖ Pan Ace ‖ 謝謝 ‖

It's possible to find reasons for the future

Comb your hair and let's go outside

A new flower will look pretty today

If you just say Hello back

Never Lost Word

I like the sound of 2 better! If we were to reboot The Biggest, Most Awful, Most Tragic Event in Pyrrhic History, I'd rather do it after you finished watching the DR series (since it's related to it)

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

Oh sush you’ve been around longer and done more things than I have

When I was first starting out you were one of the most incredible people I saw; you were smart, and kind, and super dedicated and it was very awe-inspiring for Noobflight

I aspire to be like you; let me praise my hero

———

Hmm

Do you know of any good playthroughs?

So I should play/watch the first three games, watch the tv shows, then play/watch the other games?

———

All righty then

1) I wanted everything to have lots of birds in it; like bird pets and bird deities

Bird names (like a silent assassin being named Strix Varia; the name for a dangerous owl)

Bird puns

I also like masks a lot; I think that there should be masks in everything (for religious reasons & identity concealing reasons- of which there will be a lot)

2) Synopsis for sign-up thread:

In Keras, anything goes. Known as the City of Sin, or Criminal’s Haven, it is ruled by clubs, gangs, and cults. The government has been toppled, and anarchy rules. In the midst of it, you try to survive. Caught between two merciless sides, you struggle to remain alive- and good. Or are you a member of a ferocious gang, fighting for a sense of friendship and identity? Do you have nowhere to go? Are you a street urchin, selling Euphoria (types of substances that alter a user’s mind and body, causing them pain, bliss, happiness, strength, etc. depending on the type)? Are you the daughter of a powerful cult, trapped in by duty and fear?

Who are you in this City of Sin? Where do you fit in in this blood-stained puzzle?

2.1) Also, we need a background

I was thinking like Keras would be a seaside town in between four kingdoms? It is completely outside of the law of either country, and although there are some possession disputes, no one really wants it. It’s like a kingdom of its own, a city-state.

And magic? I was thinking that it worked like potions and cursed symbols and stuff, and only powerful, nature-related spirits could use “real” magic

3) I was wondering if you wanted to make it a FWRP or RP? I was thinking like a hybrid; where they create characters, but then we would create plot threads (where we announce a new plot development, and then they have their characters respond to it). They could make fluff of their own, but nothing consequential. We would be driving the plot

For a potential plot side-quest, 

3.1) Yellow Mold.

It infects it’s victim from the inside out, covering them in a furry mat of fungus. It spreads all around the infected’s body, clogging up arteries and throats. They die within a week of showing physical symptoms, although the actual Mold takes weeks to infect and murder.

It’s possible that the Yellow Mold is just a natural phenomenon, a simple fungus that evolved. But no one believes it. It’s suspected that it was crafted and released by a powerful cult, gang, or club. But the question is, whodunnit? Clues point in every direction, and no cure in sight.

Will you survive to find out?

3.2) And what will the real plot be? Who did release the mold? Why? How does it serve their greater plan?

—— Ey and don’t be afraid to say no or make suggestions, I won’t be offended. This is really all I have for ideas

• Posted at:

Moonflight

I'd say both Musical Gamer and Materwelonz are good for a playthrough

Yup! 

~~~

all of those ideas sound really nice! 

To tie in with the mask idea, will they be bird-related too? I know there are plenty of half-masks with the cover over the bridge of the nose forming a beak-like shape

I like the synopsis too! Though, will it be a limited spot RP, or will there be unlimited spots paired with some essential, limited roles? Like the "daughter" that was mentioned.

All in all; very good! I don't want to change anything, but if I may suggest

To make a sorta parallel with the birds and nature nymphs, maybe the birds represent sky (the Keras kingdom) and the nature nymphs represent earth? They could be resentful of the kingdom for edging into their forests. The yellow mold might have been sourced from them also, alongside other potential suspects

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

Nooo I sent a reply but it didn’t go through

I will reply later

• Posted at:

Moonflight

Your to ideas are fantastic!

• Posted at:

I am a Wings of Fire fan.

A Spirit Animals Fan.

A Goosebumps Fan. 

A Tombquest Fan.

okie dokie!

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

1. Oh definitely bird masks. Would they also probably define a person's habits and skills? For example, a performer might have a peacock mask, or an assassin might have an owl mask. And other masks might be present too, but those would be more for a) foreigners or b) cults with masks (like if they worshipped the sun they might have masks depicting the sun)

2. I have no idea about spots; I really don't know what the plot will be yet either. It should tie into the Yellow Mold thing... like various villains working apart and together to build their schemes, the heroes stop them, but then it turns out all along that someone was behind the scenes manipulating everyone into the right position for them to take over the universe.

3. Speaking of the universe, I was thinking about what you suggested regarding earth spirits and sky spirits. Perhaps, long ago, Keras was the bridge to the Heavens (sky spirits) from the Earth (earth spirits), the bridge to the Oceans (water spirits), and the bridge to the Abaddon (fire spirits).

I mean, it is a sea town, and it most probably could have a dormant volcano (bridge to the sky... but if you were to follow the lava chambers into the earth). It also is surrounded by forest/earth.

However, humans arrived on the scene and created a city there. It was peaceful and lived in harmony with nature and the spirits, but it became corrupted somehow. The humans forgot about the bridges as the spirits were driven away by some sort of evil, and Keras slowly became known as the City of Sin.

They are obsessed with birds because of how birds perhaps were seen as being able to transcend into all of the four realms? They could fly, and swim, and walk, and burrow/phoenixes.

Maybe our Big Villain wanted to try and reopen all the bridges so they could take over all of the realms and so they agitated the Earth spirits, trying to incite them to reopen their bridge to attack Keras?

4. Forms & Rules... which will probably be taken care of, like Spots, once we get the plot done

• Posted at:

Moonflight

1. That sounds good! But for cults, maybe even they will have bird masks? For a sun cult, they could have a bird of paradise mask. I do agree that the foreigners would have different masks though

2. I think the daughter of a cult thing and all the other roles you mentioned could be potential spots. 

3. That sounds good! Would we give everyone the option to rp as any kind of nymph? Or just earth nymphs?

4. yep

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

As for our Big villain: maybe, to make it more of a twist, they're like a librarian or something? Or some other fairly innocent and helpful role

For them to know about the various bridges implies that they're fairly knowledge, possibly much older than the criminal generation.

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

1. Ooh, birds of paradise are cool. I'm thinking a greater bird of paradise mask for our hypothetical sun cult?

2. Hmm

I want to finish the plot first before we decide this sort of thing. I mean, as far as I can tell, right now the plot is about various heroes and people trying to stop villains from doing whatever, and then a Boss Villain shows up to take over everything. Like, you know, if everyone wants to make an assassin character, then, of course, we'll have to limit the number of assassins, but I don't know what else we might try and limit. Magical characters, maybe?

3. Uh, I don't know. I didn't think about that. I mean, you'd only come across the nymphs if they chose to enter our world (unlikely, and very difficult without bridges) or if you entered theirs. The Yellow Mold was going to be a one-time thing, where the Earth bridge opens a little bit and the Yellow Mold is released. I was thinking about how a similar scenario would occur with the other three bridges, where they're opened temporarily and the Boss Villain can... (set up a trojan horse that will reactivate the bridge when the time comes?). So, I guess people could RP nymphs, but it would be limited spots. Since, you know, they're so powerful.

5. Okay, so, plot-wise, we need to come up with who our Boss Villain is. Why do they want to take over all the realms? How do they know so much about magic? I was also thinking that maybe they could be corrupted by the evil magic that had occurred so long ago, and so they decided that a) someone needed to unify all the realms and take over them because they clearly couldn't function on their own (judging by Keras) and that b) that someone was the Boss Villain

So what is the evil magic? Maybe it was some humans who wanted to harness magic (because only the nymphs could at that time), so they did, but accidentally released an all-consuming void of hatred (like a magical black hole!) It corrupted the humans and some nymphs, and so they went off to conquer all the other realms. The nymphs from those realms tried to fight back but eventually destroyed the bridges out of desperation.

What is the evil magic corruption? I mentioned that it's like a black hole... how does it work?

So what would've happened in the other realms while they were separated? I imagine that they all somehow became kind of terrible, somehow (dictatorship governments? Rampaging war?).

---

I have to go quick, I'll add more thought and planning later tonight

• Posted at:

Moonflight

*104-car WoFRR mixed freight train, consisting of empty boxcars, graincars, and lumber cars, and pulled by 2 SD90MACs, one blue and one brown, and one AC6000CW, brown, rumbles through the thread at 20 mph, before slowing to a stop in a siding to let a 10-car sandtrak train race by at 40 mph*

OOH A STOPPED TRAIN

(im bored so do what you want with it idc)

• Posted at:

night

king of trucks, trains, diesel, derailments, and over-description

WoFRR! USE IT!

he/him

Fanwing

moonbli

one of the few WOFMBers who are country music fans

current mood: *DIESEL ENGINE NOISES INTENSIFY*

JOHN DEERE IS BEST TRACTOR

1. Greater bird of paradise sounds good! Though to parallel our hypothetical sun cult, how about a moon cult? Maybe those two cults are the largest and most powerful, and they have a sorta rivalry/feud with one another

2. Makes sense. So if the big bad is going to be the twist, we'd probably want to divide the roles into villainous and vigilante (since I doubt there'd be real heroes in the city of sin, unless they're foreigners) 

Ideas:

-a group of foreigners try and reform the city

-a turf wars between the cults, assassins, and merchant groups, where one group tries to suppress the other side

3. Alrighty! So there could be a potential "plague" coming from each element of nymph?

4. Evil corruption magic sounds good. I was thinking that the Big Bad is a scholar of some sorts? They researched the history and magic of the land, and that's how they have so much knowledge. Maybe the Bog Bad's name is tossed around in several publications and research papers early on, so that the rp'ers know who they are

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

1. I looked up nocturnal birds and Kakapo came up. So I think that the moon cult should have Kakapo masks (most colorful), but if you want something more intimidating then maybe the Great Horned Owl would work? And yeah, I like that idea

2. Hmm. The villains are going to have a special place in the plot (manipulated by Big Bad), so we’re going to have to further develop the plot before that happens.

And what are the ideas for? I mean, they’re good, but I’m not sure what you mean by that

3. Well, I mean, plague is kind of weird for all 4 realms to send, since the Earth is more... living...

Also I want some diversity. Do you have any ideas about how the Big Bad would manipulate these events into happening? Because since it’s a twist, we wouldn’t want them actively casting spells to tear apart the fabric of the universe until the very end

4. Oh, what if the Big Bad was an actual character controlled by you or me? A scholarly, bookish professor who’s meek and polite. The professor always seems to get involved in the villain’s plans and the resulting accident, and so the player’s characters are like ‘oh don’t do this again why do all the baddies seem to hate you why are we rescuing you again pat pat’. They also own one of the only neutral libraries in Keras, and so the characters would probably go there often for info. They become friends. Also we find their name in the places you suggested as well. And then it turns out that they were manipulating everything from the beginning, and are evil. Watch as the characters are emotionally betrayed and laugh maniacally

5. How does the magic in this world even woork

6. RENAMING- So I went over a lot of stuff and thought that Renaming some stuff might be nice. What if Keras is actually called Eden? Or if it was originally called that, but then Keras eventually became its name as a human city?

Sky/air: Nirvana? Or something like that I dunno

Earth/earth: Terra?

Ocean/water: Atlantis?

I think Abaddon is still fine for fire/molten core

7. What are Nirvana, Terra, Atlantis, and Abaddon like to live in? What is their current government? Standard of living?

8. So what are these other countries like that surround the City of Sin?

• Posted at:

Moonflight

1. I think we should make "colorful birds" a theme for the cults, since they're really powerful (and probably a bit showy). Asssassins and more underground organizations would have the owl and raptor species

2. The ideas were for the sorta "coverup" plot. Basically, the big bad is a reveal, so we wouldn't spell it out in the first page. We'd need a separate plot to entice the people to rp

Thinking back on it, I don't think we should do the foreigner idea. It's more of a compelling story for the City of Sin to be able to reform itself, and not have some outsiders reform the city. Maybe some of the lower, less corrupted individuals start a rebellion? They'd probably be younger, and wouldn't know much about the bridges; they'd just want to reform the city.

3. Not always a plague. More like each element sends over some sort of bad thing that affects the citizens. For instance, maybe when the Water Bridge is reopened briefly, the sea level rises abruptly, or maybe more dangerous sea creatures are being discovered and attacking fishermen.

As for the tricking part... maybe the Big Bad somehow entices the rebels (from the plot point above) into unlocking the bridges? And since the rebels are young upstarts, they wouldn't have much background information to start with

4. That's perfect. He'd probably volunteer information about the bridges from his library, and send the roleplayer's characters off to unlock the bridges.

5. Elemental focused, for sure. Maybe it'd be the simple fire, water, plant manipulation stuff? Along with some smaller spells like making small objects levitate

6. That sounds good! Eden originally, then Keras later sounds better for me. I also like the naming scheme

Maybe "Valhalla" for Sky/Air? Since it's a place that you can only go to if brought by Valkeryies

And maybe find an earthy, mythological/historical place for the Earth area

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

Ack I had a big post planned out and then my computer died and the page refreshed and I lost it... 

Due to being busy, I have not been able to recreate it since I have realized. I should be less busy tomorrow and can give this the attention it deserves

• Posted at:

Moonflight

No problem! Take your time :)

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

Sorry for not posting! I was busy with life & lack of motivation, and a friend helped me get Steam and the first 2 danganronpa games! Yay! I have barely started though and I am barely beyond the prologue of the first game

1. Heck yes birbs are beautiful

2. Hmm... I like the idea of different factions (specifically with one composed of rebels making reforms).

Factions (so far): Moon Cult, Sun Cult, Rebel Group (I think that The Renegades sounds cool)

We need other groups as well, like underground assassin groups, corrupt business corporations, gangs, rich nobles, and groups for like… dancing and drinking and gambling… like party casinos

3. Well, the bridges wouldn’t be opened unless the spirits had a reason to. The reason why the Earth one did (thinking of calling it Mu) was because the forests near the entrance to their bridge were being cut down. I was thinking that our Big Villain had told some corrupt businessman about a secluded forest where wood was easy to get. The Big Villain intended for the Earth Spirits to open up their bridge in order to retaliate, but he didn’t intend for them to send out the plague like they did. He would probably send the Renegades to find the cure, however.

And only the spirits on the other side of the Bridge can open the Bridge. Otherwise, the Big Villain would just open them all with corruption magic and… there would really be no point.

So maybe the Big Villain convinces the Renegades to adventure underwater for some sort of treasure, they take it, which invites some elder water spirit who was fond of the treasure to reopen the bridge and get their revenge via giant killer waves.

4. Hmm…. more about this in #3.

Like, I just don’t think it makes sense for the bridges to be able to be opened from the Keras side since the spirits were trying to get away from the corruption magic and are probably pretty aware that it would open the bridges if it could. But, I mean, maybe the bridges can only be opened by something non-corruption? But if the spirits were able to make something that repelled evil magic, then why wouldn’t they use it on the corruption magic in the first place? I don’t know. You could probably figure some way around it, but I think that my first suggestion is the simplest. Of course, if you feel strongly that the Renegades should be the ones sent to open the Bridges themselves, I’m fine with that, I just… think that this option is more preferable.

5. Hmm, see, I never wanted the magic to be elementally focused, although that does make sense.

Maybe the worlds are filled with some sort of magical energy, left over from their creation. The spirits are physical manifestations of that power. They can channel their inner power into the elemental magic that they use. The reason why they choose elemental power instead of something else is that of how elemental magic is the second purest form of that energy, and is something only they can do. They use the different kinds of elemental magic due to being taught how to channel their energy in that way. They can use other kinds of elemental magic, but it goes against their instincts and teachings. Like how a spirit from Abaddon would be able to summon fire. They could make water move if they wanted to, but they would have to train, and it would feel awkward and slow for them.

The magic the humans use would be “left over” magic. For example, if a Water Spirit manipulated a pool of water, the pool would then be saturated in the energy. A human could take the water and use it to cure their wound, along with chanting necessary words or using other magic items besides the water. In that way, humans can cast spells, but only stuff like potions or enchantments, or with magical objects made from energized items.

For an item-wise example, if an Earth Spirit were to make a tree grow, then a human could fashion a broomstick out of it, after doing various chants and preparing the wood so that it would both be comfortable and fly as a rider directs.

The spirits can do non-elemental magic, but it requires more skill and precision. They could use “human” magic, but they don’t have to.

This is most probably nonsensical but it makes sense in my head so if you have any questions/revisions feel free

6. Yee that sounds good. How does “Mu” work for the Earth Spirit place? If you look up “Mu mythology” a wikipedia article should show up detailing information about Mu.

It’s basically a theoretical continent that some people theorized might exist. They thought that it might be super amazing and that humans came from there and they were all super-developed and stuff. It was also in a bunch of books?

• Posted at:

Moonflight

1. birbs are the best

2. Renegades sound good! 

Assassin groups

-would they be individual people for hire, or would it be "empires" with hierarchies? "Empires" would probably kidnap a lot of children in order to train to be assassins, so that's a corrupt facet

-If we're going with assassin groups, maybe certain groups wear a certain owl species mask? One group might wear a barn owl mask, another might wear a great horned mask

Corrupt Business Corporations 

-they probably have a monopoly over a lot of products, which would lead to a major black market business. That could be another source of conflict

Rich nobles/Gambling and Drinking

-I kind of imagine those groups to be the same, where the nobles are the only ones who can afford to gamble and drink, as well as manage the establishments

-I like the idea of casinos! Also, maybe masquerade parties for the nobles? Since everyone wears masks

3. Nope, doesn't need to be the Renegades themselves. I just wanted them to be a cause, but not necessarily a direct cause. Could we create a "cause" for the spirits to open the bridges? Like the trees for the Mu bridge and the treasure for the Atlantis bridge

4. That all sounds really interesting actually! I don't have any revisions I want to make atm

5. Mu is good! It also means "wood" in chinese, so it really fits

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

I still think that your first idea is better, but just to analyze:

In classic fantasy fashion, what if each bridge had a key? It would've been made and entrusted to an ancient member of the species. The reason for it might've been that, even among the population of spirits, some didn't want to be sealed behind a bridge, and so the key was used to make sure that those spirits couldn't open the bridges by themselves. 

The keys would only be able to be opened from the Keras side, again to prevent the rebellious spirits from reopening the bridges. 

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

1. Yee

2.  That all looks amazing. I have no arguments. However, how many different organizations are there of each? How many assassin empires? How many corrupt organizations?

I get the feeling that a lot of the corrupt organizations are interconnected with the casinos. The nobles and the CEOs are buddies.

I totally agree with masquerade parties, but that begs the question of who wears masks and when do they wear masks? Would, like, a civilian wear a mask? What kind of mask?

What if there was a small section of the town that was “protected”, and it was where civilians lived? Not everyone is a gang member, and the corrupt businesses need hopeless schmucks to employ and leech off of.

3. Yeah, I was thinking there’d need to be a cause, but… I can’t really figure out what it would be.

Perhaps Boss Villain reactivates the volcano using corruption magic… and then… bridge opens? But that plays against the “bridges cannot be opened through the Keras side”. I dunno.

4. Cool beans

5. You learn something new every day!

6. That is a good idea, with some minor flaws. If by chance, the current idea fails due to reasons stated in #3, then this is a great fallback plan

7. We still need some more background info on the culture stuff surrounding Keras, and… like… all the background stuff about the rest of the continent and the kingdoms existing there. We don’t need a lot of information since the setting isn’t there, but we still need a little bit.

• Posted at:

Moonflight

1. For the multiple facets:

Businessmen and nobles are definitely friends. The nobles fund the businessmen, and the businessmen will pay the nobles a large share of the profit in a mutually beneficial relationship. 

Having clueless civilians also sounds good! The Big Bad could have their library in this area too, since he's supposed to appear innocent and clueless as well. Having the safe library in the residential district would also provide a bit of safety to the Renengades. 

I had another idea for the civilians, but it depends on whether or not the Renegades are a known force. If the corrupt facets know about the Rebels, then it's possible that they've commanded their members and the civilians to find Renegades and turn them in. The corrupt facets wouldn't want to rebels to succeed

For masquerades, I was thinking of masquerade parties. These would probably have a mostly noble attendance, since those are the guys rich enough to secure a ticket and attend. Civilians could probably join too, but more likely as servants. I'm guessing that for random civillians, they'd probably have a less extravagant mask (something that'd they have to buy from the shops) whereas the nobles have handcrafted, lavish masks. Servants would probably have a "uniform" mask, where they all wear the same, more simple mask

2. I'm still not entirely sure how corruption magic works. So far we've decided at its like a black hole. Maybe it has something to do with nullifying the magic of nymphs? It'd explain why the spirits are so scared of it; it makes them piwerless. So if the Big Bad were to use his corruption magic on the volcano, maybe it'd cause the volcano to begin dying out. If it weren't stopped, it wouldn't become entirely dormant and the fire spirits would lose their element.

3. For the backstory of Keras: I think deciding when this rp take some place would help us start. It seems to be a medieval, fantasy world, but the idea of corrupt businessmen sort of deviate from that theme. Maybe instead of businessmen, they're more like merchants? They'd have a monopoly on sold goods just like a corrupt CEO would

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

1. Ah! So masks would be treated like another article of clothes; something to either abhor or entice.

I like your ideas, and I agree with them. I thought that they’d be some small-time underground organization about to go big, so the corrupted might know of them, but not hold an opinion or desire to make deals or squash them or anything. As we go on, that rule might be instated by those groups, as that sounds like it would create a very interesting dynamic between some characters and their civilian relatives, as well as being scorned and hated by the people who you’re trying to protect.

So what are the districts of Keras? I tried to look up "districts of cities", and stuff like that, but I couldn’t find anything appropriate.

2. I always figured that corruption magic (which we need a better name for) was like a black hole in that it sucked all energy magic into itself, destroying it or whatever. For the spirits, it’d effectively be something that their magic is useless against, and can kill them by simply being in their presence.

I was thinking that maybe the corruption magic is the result of the energy magic- when vast concentrations of energy were created, they were drained from other pools, creating an imbalance. A possible ending of the RP would be that balance being created, effectively killing all spirits and corruption magic. Of course, it’d be up to the Renegades to choose how it ends.

3. Hmm. I like that idea, but calling them merchants sounds a little tame (if that’s the right word? I dunno). Perhaps the more powerful ones are called tycoons? Or merchant tycoons as opposed to vendor merchants? 

4. So we’ve figured out why the water and earth spirits would open their portals, but as for the fire and air, we’re not quite sure yet…

Perhaps the volcano was home to a sleeping spirit? Maybe the monarch of Abaddon, who wanted to be the last to flee in order to protect their citizens. A jealous sibling closed the bridge before the monarch had been able to enter, and instating themselves as ruler. The now ex-monarch decided to dissipate or freeze their magic into the volcano, and it became dormant. However, the Boss Villain (who also needs a name) reactivates the volcano, which then awakens the ex-monarch. The ex-monarch is summoned back to Abaddon by a group of fire spirit rebels, who opened the bridge momentarily in order to let the “true” ruler retake their throne. I’d imagine that the ex-monarch might attack the city and go on a blind rampage, angry at their sibling’s betrayal and have a lot of pure energy coursing through them (volcanoes are powerful yo).

• Posted at:

Moonflight

1. Your idea about the Renegades makes more sense! The start of the RP, the role players haven’t really rp’d their characters yet so no one has a clear grasp on the others. It’d be like meeting for the first time

I agree again. The bounty thing will probably be reinstated later, maybe after a successful Renegade mission

Ooh, that’s an interesting dynamic. Though, what if roleplayers deuces to the edgy route and have both parents dead? // They might have an aunt stick in then prob

I’m not too sure either. Maybe each district correspondent to a different social class or element? For instance, the docks and harbor might be one district, and the forest region would be another. Or, maybe there’s a noble district, civilian district, and several underground districts for the black market business

2. Not sure what the name would be for corruption magic, but should we continue with the “old lore” naming pattern? 

I see, that’s better! The imbalance thing is a cool thing; maybe the bridges were the cause for such a great amount of power to be released? So that it kinda comes full circle

Thats a nice possible ending, but there’s no real way to predict how people will rp so we should probably plan that last

3. Tucson is a cool world! It’s true that merchant isn’t a very threatening word lol

4. That works! So, would it be like the volcano erupting? Or just a lot of Fire magic fired into Keras?

As for the name... maybe something Latiny or Britishy since he’s a professor 

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

1. So there would be a (feel free to edit) Dock/Harbor district, Forest/Mountain (FM?) district, Downtown, Slums, and Residential district.

Harbor district: It is divided into two sections; a lowlier, fisherman dominated bay, and a cove taken over by rich nobles. There are many party houses and beach mansions there, and it is an important seat of wealth. The cove is known a Pearl Cove, and it is where the fishermen used to get pearls from. Now, it is a common part trick for foolish young nobles to go diving for pearls and swim among rich flora and fauna located there. The bay is known as the Crystal Bay, called this due to the impressive clarity of the water. It where the fishing society and the dock/harbor are located, and it is where all new arrivals to the city come in. The people there are relatively distant from all the murder and whatnot happening in Keras

Forest/Mountain (FM?) district: A largely natural place. It contains the large forest and the dormant volcano along with the small bit of forest located on it. It is where the nature-lovers and retired elderly live, but there has recently been an outbreak of illness(foreshadowing of the Yellow Mold) around there. There are some private mansions, but they’re usually for displaying wealth rather than living in. It used to be where a lot of the nobles lived before they moved to the Pearl Cove, and so there are a lot of ruins.

Downtown: Where a lot of the Merchant Tycoon’s businesses are located, along with restaurants, shops, stores, and the market. However, it has a dangerous dark side. After dark, the Downtown becomes a criminally infested cesspool, and violence reigns supreme. However, in the morning, it is a busy workplace. There is an unspoken rule among the civilians and the big time gang members that the gangs will not be present in the daytime, and the civilians will not be present during the nighttime.

Slums: A small district, and yet the most populated one. It’s where people go to get forgotten, and there are some illegal slave rings that go on. Children, there are often kidnapped, and a lot of people there are those with nowhere to go - those who cannot work (elderly, disabled, young, criminal, addict, etc.) and those who work the lowest paying of jobs (mainly the workers being taken advantage of by the Merchant Tycoons). Many of them have little or no education. A lot of small-time gangs start up there, and the living conditions are terrible. However, there can often be a strong sense of unity found among the communities there, and everyone shares in order to survive.

Residential district: Where all the normal civilians live. These people make their livings off of working hat shops, selling fruit at the market for the Merchant Tycoons (whereas the people living in the slums would be the ones picking the fruit), and teaching at schools. Many of these people are paying various gangs to keep themselves safe from violence and the gangs themselves. It consists of houses, schools, libraries, and other public facilities.

2. How about Erebus? I feel like calling it Erebos tho because that sounds… better… in my opinion. For the bridges, I think that they are also “spirit energy”, and as such is part of what the corruption magic is trying to destroy. They didn’t cause the imbalance all by themselves, but they were part of it.

I feel like users of Erebos would also be able to use magic like a human would be able to, charms and enchantments and whatnot. The Erebos urges them to consume it, but they're smarter than that and know it will help them in the long run.

3. The former. Of course, the monarch would inevitably stomp around the city and set people on fire, but the main problem would indeed be the volcano erupting.

4. Who wants the boss villain? I name him Theobald Howard Colbert. Also, we know how he's opening the bridges, but they close right after he does so. Does he plant a little magical device or enchantment that will make it open at his command? If so, does he have to enter the realms? Why does he have Erebos? What is his story

5. Okay, so what are the different countries like? I keep on coming back to this, ha. Also, what are the realms like? We somewhat have a basis for Abaddon, and I mentioned before that the realms would probably not be the nicest places to live in (war, dictatorships, natural disaster).

6. What do the spirits look like? How did they make the bridges? Kind of ties back into the "how does their magic work" sort of thing and Q #4.

• Posted at:

Moonflight

Boop

• Posted at:

Moonflight

Oof sorry for not responding, I'll try to get a post out today

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

1. These all look good!

I was debating on whether or not to add another district though. It'd be a district that's more inland, and it would be full of extravagant facilities that only the nobles could use. However, I don't think this would fit as well and I like your descriptions better :) I think you covered it all.

2. I'd go with Erebos too. The o makes it sound more sinister >:0 it might be because it reminds me of Ouroboros, which tends to have a negative connotation in media

Yeah, I'd imagine that sealing up entire routes would require a lot of magic, causing more imbalance. 

So Erebos is almost like a self aware entity? They urge the user to do things. Maybe with prolonged use, the urge gradually grows stronger? So as the rp goes on, Theo(bald) gradually begins to act more and more odd

3. Gotcha!

4. I think you should have him. I think you're better at executing ideas than I am, but I can take him if you don't want to 

He's a professor/librarian right? Maybe he wanted to read about magic, and that eventually caused him to search out spirits and discover the spirits. I don't want a villain who is entirely bad so... maybe his story is about how curiosity caused him to start using Erebos and drain spirit energy?

Maybe he somehow plants Erebos into the enchantment, so when the bridge tries to repair itself, Erebos drains it and so the bridge remains open?

5. I think we've decided that the realms are monarchy based. I don't think the spirits would be very industrialized, so they'd probably live off the land? Or have more simplistic life styles. That's just for the spirits though, I'm not sure about the humans

6. Their magic is leftovers from the world's creations right? Maybe the bridges are made up of energy created from when the Earth separated itself into different elements. It'd be a form of separation magic then maybe?

So far I've just envisioned spirits as dryads or nymphs reminiscent of their element

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

1. I actually really like that idea, ha. Maybe a street reserved for uber fancy clothes and hats shops, and expensive restaurants? It could be called like Abalone Street or Conch Street to carry on the oceanic = rich theme

2. Hmm… I thought that Erebos would not be a self-aware entity? Just magic with a desire to consume. Theo would’ve stumbled across it and like fused himself with it or something. It slowly began to leech off of him, and grow in more power. When he first did it, it was just like if he had innate magic like the spirits, but he slowly began to have an urge to control and take over everything. He had originally been very idealistic, so he decided that he needed to spread information and kindness to the worlds, and force them to be better. As he continues to be connected to Erebos, Theo continues to lose more and more of himself, and succumb to his new primal desires to take over everything. By the end of the RP, once he’s achieved at setting up the opening all the bridges, he’ll probably end up completely losing it and sending out the Erebos magic to consume everything.

And I’ll be honest the only thing I know about Ouroboros is that there’s a Ninjago thing about it (guilty pleasures are guilty pleasures).

3. Oh, uh, sure

I think that Theo would start out like this young noble who loved to read a lot, so he began to explore and discover the world. He was a natural scientist, with a hunger to learn about everything. He was very intelligent, and went to school in some elite college, receiving top marks. While exploring, he discovered the rotten underbelly of Keras and began to see the City of Sin it truly was. Horrified, he became an idealist and wanted to help those less off. After his parents found out about his aiding the poor, they decided that the college had disillusioned him from pursuing an intellectual goal, and had one of the professors there with which he had been close friends with fired. They confined their son to the grandest library in the Residential District, hoping to distract him with information. Theo instead researched how to help others, becoming extremely interested in magic. He then performed the Erebos fusion magic. His parents eventually grew distant from him and severed ties, and he was allowed to do as he wished. He stayed at the library and became the chief librarian - although he was really the only one there most of the time. He began to set his plan into motion and became friends with all the people he’d need to do it - including helping the Renegades.

Haha look at that giant paragraph I’m such a doofus with too much time on my hands anyways you can add or detract from this, however, you like

I like that idea for the bridges, but I’m a bit unsure about why they would need to be prepared. Perhaps he implanted a bit of dormant Erebos there, and then later activated it with a spell? The Erebos then destroyed the gate keeping the realms apart and the bridges were active again.

4. True. Perhaps Mu has descended entirely into chaos, with no government besides an ineffective head of state in place because the monarch is too young to rule. Atlantis is ruled by an aristocratic dictator with a penchant for casual murder and sculptures. They’re the one who ordered the bridge open in order to reclaim the treasure. And Valhalla… we still don’t even know why it opened in the first place.

As for the human world… I was thinking three, perhaps four different kingdoms. There would be a continent, and we would be focused on the lower left quarter, divided from the rest of the continent by a range of mountains so tall that it was impossible for humans to cross them with their current technology. There would be a huge kingdom; bigger than the rest, composed of various tribes making alliances. It wouldn’t have any access to oceans and would consist of forest and rocks. Another one to the west would be rolling prairies and desert, and one to the south would be tropical, with lots of sea life and abundance of wealth. There would be a chain of islands below it, where another group of people lived. They would be a bit like the Pacific Islanders. I have some ideas for stuff like this in a notebook of mine, I’ll post the information once I’ve found it.

5. Sounds good to me! But weren’t the spirits supposed to be more bird-like? Perhaps they all have a bird form, bird-humanoid form, and human form. The more powerful spirits would be more bird-inclined, while the less powerful would be more human-inclined.

• Posted at:

Moonflight

1. Sounds good! Abalone maybe, since the inside of their shells are very iridescent. There are also some really expensive species of abalone to eat

2. That makes more sense then! So Theo will be the main user of Erebos right? 

(Maybe we've discussed this already but) Erebos is a type of magic that can be summoned, right? So that means someone in the past would've had to invent the summoning spell that would bond Erebos to the user's body. This person would have been stopped, or else the magic would've torn up everything (and maybe this was why the bridges were erected?) Erebos wouldn't have been as powerful back then since the bridges weren't up yet, but the spirits were still afraid and thus  -- knowing no better -- they erected the bridges and caused Erebos to strengthen because of the imbalance. As a possible solution, maybe the library also holds a book on how the original user was stopped? And the rp'ers could find his book and try and use it to stop Theo. 

I first learned of Ouroboros through Full Metal Alchemist, not as guilty but still a pleasure since it was a great read/show

3. That all looks really good honestly, and it's admirable to be able to write a lot of stuff! I'm nearing the goal >:0

I think you said that the bridges wouldn't stay open for very long, and that they'd close quickly once the objective that needed to be carried out was done (bringing the ex monarch back in, spreading the mold, etc.) the dormant Erebos is a good idea; maybe Theo attaches it to one of the Renegades so that they could drop it off at the site? And thus it could prevent the bridges from closing

4. Sounds good for the other things! Valhalla is the sky kingdom right? Right now all I can think of is pollution, but I don't think there are any real pollutants at the point in time the rp takes place in... maybe something else to do with harming the ecosystem? Like maybe the people are shooting down birds either to use their feathers for masks or to study them since the city is obsessed with them.

Or: I'd imagine life up in the clouds would probably make the resident spirits a bit lazy, especially with no humans living with them. Either the spirits are overreact and open the bridge for a shallower reason, or they open it simply because they're isolated up there and wanted to see what happened (less likely)

All the human world stuff sounds good, but would it be relevant to the roleplay? Maybe the outside countries are trying to forcibly reform Keras through conquest, and that's when they'd be relevant? Especially the alliance, since they're a large kingdom.

5. Oh! That makes more sense. Maybe in that case, the bird would be relate to the element a bit? Like a fire nymph would be modeled after a Phoenix, can't think of other mythological birds atm

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

munch

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

@Chanty - sorry for not replying sooner! I had this weird lack of motivation and didn't want to work on this but when I started I got super into it? IDK

1. Oooh yeah Abalone is shiny

2. I was thinking that the original user had been one of the first humans, who had discovered it and been driven to turn against the spirits. Other than that, yeah, that idea sounds great!

And I like the idea of some old document designed to stop the old user; perhaps it was a separation spell? And it sort of stunned the Erebos into being dormant until… you know… Theo happened

I’ve heard that Full Metal Alchemist is really good, and I probably should watch/read it, but I’m currently trying to get through Danganronpa and I’m not even a quarter of the way through the first trial of the first game, and it’s been weeks since I started

3. Aww, thanks! What is the goal, may I ask?

That looks good

4. Yes, it is the sky kingdom. Perhaps Valhalla is the last bridge to open, and Theo creates a lure to bring the sky spirits down and to open the portal; he creates a false air spirit. An old artist-ruler who was great, and noble, but died for his people. Theo makes a fake, and the air people open the bridge and fly down to rescue the “sky spirit artist-ruler”, and are subsequently tricked and destroyed. After the Renegades have planted the Erebos (unknowingly, perhaps they themselves were captured by air spirits who thought that they were evil Erebos, but then the Renegades escaped into Valhalla and returned, but still accidentally placed it) Theo had everything he needed and goes completely over, opening all the bridges and releasing the Erebos into all the worlds.

Well, some of the people might be from the continent, right? We at least should have an idea of what it’s called, and some basic descriptions of the people there and what the kingdoms are like. I don’t think any of them really want the City of Sin, but if the RP gets too boring then I think it would be fine to introduce that idea, or with a more political conquest

5. Yep phoenixes sound great

So Phoenix = Abbadon = Fire = Underworld/Inner Earth

Falcon/Bird of Prey/etc.? = Valhalla = Air = Sky

Songbird/Owl/Ostrich = Mu = Earth = Earth

Penguin/seagull/albatross/pelican = Atlantis = Water = Ocean

??????

6. Wow we’re going to have fun organizing this information

7. ALSO, WE NEED A COHERENT PLOT STRUCTURE

We know what the overarching plot will be, but what about the stuff in between? Not the romantic subplots or personal stuff because we can't really affect that, but what about the other stuff? We suggested the Renegades having their fanbase turn against them

• Posted at:

Moonflight

I get what you mean about the motivation, the hardest part is probably starting something. Then, you finally get the motivation to carry it out

2. Aight! That also sounds good, especially since humanity would probably see the spirits a lot more back then and so would want to know more about magic. 

The separation spell sounds good. And... the bridges are separation magic too, right? What if we could make some sort of tie between the two?

Full Metal Alchemist is a really good, but one thing at a time would probably be better :P take your time

3. Being able to write a lot is the goal >:P I've achieved it somewhat

Aight

4. Sounds good! It fits in with the theme of "saving" that the bridge openings are following atm. The Mu want to save their forest, the Abaddon spirits want to save their ex-monarch, the Atlantis spirits want to save their lost treasure, and now the Valhalla spirits want to save the artist spirit.

Ok! That makes sense. So for the names, do you want to continue the trend of naming it references (like how Keras was named Eden, as well as all the elemental realms). The first name for 'a large continent' that comes to mind is "Pangaea" but I'm not sure if that works. 

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

5. Sounds good! Honestly don’t know of any other mythical birds 

6. Oof yeah

7. Maybe we could have a little arc about Theo ‘doubting himself’, thinking that he’s useless and has to constantly be rescued by the Renegades from the other factions. He’s not really meaning it, but we could have this to strengthen the rp’ers attachment to Theo. There’s also the aforementioned rescue missions where Theo gets kidnapped again and again 

The fan base idea is a keeper! The result could be that the Renegades depend more on Theo, relying on him for safe passage and shelter

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

Yeah, but once I get up after I’ve done it, I have the worst time coming back to it. I’m always focused on creating something else brilliant, but once I have to leave it, I can’t come back again. Kind of like Periwinkle?

1. Hmm, I’m not sure about the two separation spells being related… They’re both pretty different (dividing world from world vs. dividing magic from human), but if you can come up with how they might be related, I’m cool with that

Yeah doing things one at a time is a key goal of mine. Or rather, actually getting to the second thing is.

2. Ah yes but writing… well, I’ve already talked about that

3. Oh yah Pangaea sounds great

I found my old notes on this stuff, let me pull it out.

Basically, there was a lot of native people in that continent already, before foreigners from a southern continent arrived there, seeking escape from prosecution. When the settlers first arrived, they befriended the native people before killing them.

The small islands would be called the Soto islands, and they would be mostly native people. There would be another island, much further south than the Soto islands, known as Mosali.

The Sotoans were more like Pacific Islanders, while the Mosali were more isolated, and lived in harsher conditions that created a much different culture than the other Sotoans. Because the Mosali didn’t have very much of their own, they lived like pirates and stole from coastal cities and the Sotoans. However, now, Mosali Island is an island of Soto. The Mosali are angry that they are no longer allowed to be pirates, but they are not being given the supplies that their island lacks by Soto, and are suffering as a result.

The large, alliance kingdom would be Amallia, which was recently torn apart by civil war. They are now picking up the pieces, and their neighbor Elkand is “helping” by sending soldiers there to help keep the peace. However, the soldiers are engaging in excessive brutality, and the Amallian government is still too weak to do anything besides try not to provoke Elkand. A lot of Amallia is still unexplored and uncivilized, so the native groups there are powerful, particularly the Alo tribe. Amallians value independence, diversity, and leadership. They are responsible for the common system of timekeeping, and are pioneers in the fields of physics and engineering, although they haven’t really had the opportunity recently. They wear casual, medieval European-style clothes (tight, wraps, tunic, fur, pants, boots, and leather). They wear a lot of braids and pulled back hair. They are pale with dark hair and dark eyes and are generally pretty short. The color green is very valued, and they have impressive metal mines and quarries (that the Elkandish have control over), and they have a lot of lumber and leather. They have all four seasons and are relatively dry. They use portable instruments made of wood and animal materials, and they really like their drums. They use long knives and sticks as weapons. They also use a lot of traps. They aren’t super big on ranged weaponry since it’s hard to use them in forests.

Elkand was the first to be settled by the newcomers, and as such the native people who were there (the Kretchen), are mostly gone. It’s the “rolling hills and prairies” kingdom and has a lot of agricultural wealth. It is the superpower nation of the three. It also does a lot of trade with Soto.

There was no “jungle-y” kingdom in my plans, but you can add one if you like.

I have a lot of info on Amallia since that was the kingdom I developed first. Feel free to add and get rid of stuff!

4. Yeah, but Theo can’t be the only thing that side-plots rely on. He’s powerful enough on his own to keep other factions from kidnapping him (and why would they want to kidnap him?), and unless it served some sort of purpose, he wouldn’t do that to himself. And by rescue missions, do you mean the thing where I mentioned that if he were ever caught with a villain while bringing his plans together, he would often pretend he had been kidnapped?

Basically, I just want more info on what you mean by that

• Posted at:

Moonflight

Boop

• Posted at:

Moonflight

1. Hm, if the creation of the bridges -- using separation magic -- caused Erebos to grow in power, then returning that magic will cause Erebos to weaken right? What if that's how Erebos is separated? The balance is restored either and Erebos will weaken, perhaps giving the affected a chance to unfuse

2. Righto! One thing at a time, too much at once might subtract enjoyment from something

3. All of that sounds good, I don't feel that there's anything to subtract or add. As for a jungle kingdom, perhaps they're native too? Maybe like an Aztec or Mayan society. It wasn't overturned by foreigners yet since maybe they felt that the jungle wasn't habitable enough.

4. Mainly it was from an earlier post of yours 

"The professor always seems to get involved in the villain’s plans and the resulting accident, and so the player’s characters are like ‘oh don’t do this again why do all the baddies seem to hate you why are we rescuing you again pat pat’."

So probably not constant kidnapping? But for some reason he's always involved.

I think that faction drama is a bit of a sideplot as well now, since we're focusing on opening the bridges. Maybe we could have a small plot revolving around each faction? Like maybe the Renegades help a cult heiress escape from her responsibilities, and they free a bunch of kidnapped children from an assassin faction's training

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

munch

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

1. But aren’t you trying to separate the Erebos from the user? And aren’t they already together? How do you make them more together so that the Erebos is weaker and so the user can make them less together? Perhaps you would redirect some of the energy magic (which needs a name… perhaps Hekate will work) around the Erebos. Erebos, seeking to destroy it, would be forced to unfuse with the user.

2. Well if you want a jungle kingdom… then you can make it I guess

3. That sounds good! And now I know what you mean so yay

We’d also need something to do with the tycoons, gangs, the nobles, and the masquerade casinos. Also probably the other parts of Keras, the FM district, Crystal Bay, and the Slums. Perhaps its a sort of order? They could explore the FM district when the volcano explodes, the slums when the disease is going around, crystal bay when there’s the treasure tsunami revenge, and finally probably the downtown when it all comes to a close. They’d, of course, be exploring the different factions at a different speed and order, but it’d be thematic, I guess

Kind of

• Posted at:

Moonflight

1 , , 3