1. That sounds better. My thought was about restoring the balance, since Erebos is supposed to represent the imbalance, but that probably wouldn't work as an individual spell. So our ending is that all the bridges are destroyed along with Erebos? Since a main contributor to Erebos's power is the creation of the bridges. So it could be that the Renegades took magic from the bridges to redirect Erebos

2. Not really a want, maybe not then -- don't want the rp too big

3. Sounds good! And yup

should we have a general outline written out before the rp starts? I know the Mu Bridge is probably first 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

『 ENCHANTED 』

‖ She/Her ‖ Pan Ace ‖ 謝謝 ‖

It's possible to find reasons for the future

Comb your hair and let's go outside

A new flower will look pretty today

If you just say Hello back

Never Lost Word

munch

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

Munch

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

munch

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

Ack sorry for the weirdly short and noncommittal/dismissive response I was tired

1. Hmm yes that sounds fine

2. Yep! Mu bridge first.

So it goes Mu Bridge/Slums, Atlantis Bridge/Crystal Bay, Abaddon Bridge/FM District, and the Valhalla Bridge/Downtown.

We first start off with the first Renegade meeting at THE LIBRARY, then they begin their journey to make Keras a better place. They start at the bottom, in the Slums, when a disease begins going around. Theo has already placed the Erebos himself, but after realizing how dangerous it is, he decides to trick the Renegades into doing it for him. The Renegades realize there’s a disease, and find a cure in THE LIBRARY, helping them forge a greater bond with Theo.

Interim fluff while we deal with the Renegades actually doing their job.

Theo convinces them to find buried treasure (maybe as a compensation for helping them find the cure or to give more wealth to the poor?) and so they hang out in Crystal Bay and get to know the fishermen there (especially their opinions of the nobles “stealing Pearl Cove”). After finding the treasure and the bridge opening (presumably with a burst of energy) the Renegades accidentally get swept into Atlantis, where they are confused, befuddled, and try to escape (and plant the Erebos). The Renegades are then knocked unconscious after exiting, and rescued by some young, partying nobles in Pearl Cove. They find out the noble’s perspective after staying there to recover for a day or so (oblivious, spoiled, but generally well-meaning). Theo then comes in after the damage and takes the Renegades back to the Library, after he’s roped in by some old friends to stay for a few hours but leaves in a huff because Theo has very different views than them. Theo reveals to the Renegades that a tsunami had come through. Pearl Cove had miraculously stayed safe (perhaps an old protection enchantment by some spirit that loved the place?), but the rest of the Harbor District, a bit of the F/M District, and some of the Downtown was flooded.

An interim fluff/side plot fun time! Holiday occurs. We congratulate ourselves on being halfway through. Perhaps the civilians are turned against the Renegades here, and that is resolved?

The Renegades get word of another group (the firebrands?) dedicated to fighting for justice and striking out against corruption. They head over to the F/M District, where the Renegades heard the Firebrands were, and hijinks ensue (similarities and differences are compared, and they just generally get used to each other). They are introduced to the history of the F/M district and the Firebrands personal motives, backstories, abilities, etc. are explored and the Renegades and Firebrands become friends… until Theo reactivates the volcano “on accident”. He tells them that the only way to stop it from erupting is to go inside the volcano and cut it off there. However, the ex-monarch spirit is currently going on a murderous rampage, so ½ of the Firebrands goes and ½ stays. The other ½s go into the volcano. Some of them get to fight the spirit (fun!) while the other half gets to go to Abaddon and discover some more stuff about the bridges, the realms, and magic in general. They return eventually, and once they have, the ex-monarch is wooshed suddenly back to Abaddon.

More interim as both teams adjust. The Renegades hear about the gangs and such in the Downtown, and finally, decide to go there. Theo goes off on his own for a bit, and the Renegades find out about the assassin groups and grab children from there so they don’t have to be brainwashed into becoming assassins. Since Theo’s gone, they get to raise children on their own and it will be hilarious.

Eventually, Theo does the whole bait thing, and the Renegades find him and are totally surprised by what he’s doing. As he tries to explain, the air spirits come down and kidnap the Renegades. They escape from the air spirits and go back down and confront Theo. Theo reveals his plan. The Renegades are like “um u cant tak ovar de worl dat ridikulus” and feel betrayed. Theo, officially going over the edge, is like “whatevs” and decides to open all the bridges. He is now souped up on Erebos and the Renegades have to fight him. They probably lose, and end up in THE LIBRARY, where they do some research, find out what happened, and cure Theo. He probably dies from the splitting. It’s unclear how far Theo has gotten at destroying the Hekate so far, so it depends on how long it took the Renegades to figure things out on whether or not all magic will be gone.

Based on what has happened so far, there might be a funeral, or whatever. We celebrate a job well done. We made it! Woohoo.

3. Some silly background stuff. Languages? Food? Weapons? Money? Religion? Clothes?

4. Ruuuleees and forms and spots omg we’ve gotten so far. Also, what spots do you think we should have?

5. Oh no we have to organize this. Ok. Someone gets to follow out on #3&4 or organize all this info. You pick. If you can’t pick I call tails (coin flip). Also if you have anything else you want to add/you think needs to be added.

• Posted at:

Moonflight

I MIGHT BE BACK... on the weekends

no problem at all! if anything, I'm the one who isn't contrubuting that much ^^; 

2. Would the first Renegade meeting in the library be like: one person (a leader character perhaps, controlled by one of us or nah?) spreads the word for a meeting of people who want to reform Keras for the better. And then all the rp'ers characters meet in the library for the first time? They'd form the Renegades

Also, with the Firebrands, will they be a miscellaneous group controlled by us, or will people be able to submit Firebrand characters? I feels that these guys are only relevant in the Abaddon section of the story, and they don't appear until the Renegades are sent to the volcano

Other than those, it all sounds good

3. Uhh can you do the culture? I'm not good at worldbuilding, but I love typing out rules and forms so I can do that...

4. yea

5. hhhh it's been a long journey, but mayhaps the end is in sight! Both sad and exciting

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

I'm looking at your incredibly detailed posts and then my responses which are much shorter in both length and detail and hhhhhh I feel like I'm not being a good planning partner

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

Munch

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

Name:

Pronouns:

Sexuality:

Personality:

Appearance:

Weapons:

Other:

That's a base form

So the Renegades are civilians that want to reform Keras for the better, right? Should we give them an option for a backstory?

RULES:

-Balanced characters (No Mary Sues/Gary Stus)

-No controlling other people's characters

-Please don't be rude outside of PoV posts

so stuff we can add is

-How many characters can they submit? Is it only limited to one?

-Do we want them to be able to ship? There's a sexuality section to the form but that'd probably only be relevant if shipping is allowed in the rp

-I don't think any of them will die right? Should we include "no killing other people's characters" in the rules?

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

munch

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

1. I think that we should let the leader be someone else’s character, but require that they be good friends with Theo. I think that we should open up spots for Firebrands, but if need be we can make characters for them. Perhaps some recurring characters become Firebrands and get to work with our heroes (an orphan from the slums is inspired by their heroes after being saved from bullies by the Renegades?)

2. Oh uh okay I can do some worldbuilding.

Later. Tomorrow. When it’s less late.

3. Yeah I know it’s so close to being over! What if people don’t like it? What if no one signs up? I’ve tried a couple of other RPs of different genres and they did horribly, so I’m a little worried about this. I mean, it is fantasy… so people should like it… I hope

4. I’ve always been super detailed with my planning and I tend to take over and get over-protective of projects so I think I need to tone it down! You’re doing fine, I tend to cover all the bases obsessively and hog everything.

5. The form looks nice! For a suggestion, maybe add accessories, clothing, weight, and height? I like the idea of backstory for these characters. With our future RPers having so much to work with, I can’t imagine them not having any clue for a backstory!

6. Rules look fine. I think they can submit as many characters as they like, shipping should be a yes, and I think that of course, you should have permission before you kill off a character, but stupid or dangerous things will get your character killed and you’re allowed to kill them off because I want to make people cry but in a good way

Who’s the unhelpful one now??? I’m contributing nothing cuz I’m tired la dee da

• Posted at:

Moonflight

Also I take forever to reply and you don’t

• Posted at:

Moonflight

now i have also taken forever to reply

1. Ok! So the Leader position would be like a limited spot with certain requirements. Maybe for the firebrand spots, those are for the people who didn't manage to snag a Renegade spot (if we're doing limited spots) or maybe they can be minor, secondary characters for people who want more than one character

That sounds good for the other Firebrands! It'd probably be only people from the slums though, since Abaddon is only the second district

2. Sleep is good

3. oof yeah that's a worry. Let's hope for the best

4. Really? All the things you contributed were good so I don't mind too much lore. It all makes the rp feel super complete! I don't think you hogged too much either

Name:

Pronouns:

Sexuality:

Personality:

Physical Appearance:

Clothes:

Accessories (if any):

Backstiry:

Weapons:

Other:

6. Oh ok! Do we want to limit it to one Renegade character per person though, and unlimited side characters? Or just plain unlimited in all categories.

RULES:

-Balanced characters (No Mary Sues/Gary Stus)

-No controlling other people's characters

-Please don't be rude outside of PoV posts

-Don't kill others without permission

-Shipping will be present! Any kind of shipping is a-ok

-Characters will most likely stay alive, but stupid actions/dangerous situations might still get one killed

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

Lol not like I have. Also, if anything below bears too much resemblance to real life, or if you want to add/change/get rid of anything, feel free to do so

1. 2nd option. Also, yeah mostly slums peeps

2. Elkand

- A native group known as Kretchen, the rest were murdered when the first settlers arrived. They love candles & fire and have a super sophisticated writing system. However, less and less are able to speak/write it. There are some remaining tribes, but they are a) reclusive, and b) very small. The Kretchen are largely nomadic.

- Flag: Blue background with a red circle. Yellow ring around the red circle. Boom.

Official language: Elkandish; an evolved form of what the first settlers spoke with some Sotoan and Kretchen mixed in. Although the government ignores the minorities, they’re a big, unspoken part of Elkandish culture. Elkandish is harsh, with lots of consonants (particularly Ds, Ks). They are a big fan of Es. They like to punctuate their speech with screams, although the higher class tend to do so less often.

- They really really like ranged weaponry, especially bow & arrow. Everyone in Elkand knows how to use a bow, although they couldn’t compare to the experts of Elkand; namely the Kretchen who have super amazing bow & arrows. They also like shields a lot.

- Lot of prairie and rolling hills.

- They wear lots of thin layers of clothing. The number of layers usually denotes how rich you are. They also like skirts. They all wear skirts. Fans of feathers & headdresses, as well as piercings everywhere.

- The Elkandish are tall, with pale brown skin. Their hair tends to be fair and straight, and a trademark Elkandish has piercing green eyes (heterochromia on occasion), although those traits are not universal in the least.

- The Elkandish are the least religious kingdom, but most religious practice a form of Cachism, a modified version of Kretchen beliefs. They have a holiday every month on the full moon (known as Moon Day), which is celebrated with milk, candies, and staying up all night. They also have holidays that coincide with various astrological events (eclipses, comets, meteor showers, glimpses of other planets, etc), but those come up less frequently. Any children born on Moon Day are considered blessed and usually are groomed for positions of power. They celebrate birthdays, but only every five years, and only until they are of thirty years of age, after which keeping track of your years is optional. The birthdays are known as Jamelog (5 yrs old), Onselog (10 yrs old), Doselog (15 yrs old), Orselog (20 yrs old), Falelog (25 yrs old), and Ajelog (30 yrs old). On a blue moon its basically like Moon Day, except even crazier.

- They like really really spicy foods

- Because I’m lazy they use your standard American monetary system except all the money names are spelled backward. Also, everything is a quarter of the cost. If a broom would cost 20 $ then it would cost 5 rallods

- The Elkandish are ruled by a single person, the King of Elkand. Because it would be ridiculous ruling a kingdom all on your own and dealing with all of its citizens problems, Elkand is divided up into fiefs, the lords of which are typically appointed by and related to the King. The current King is King Anda, who is trying to help and is generally a well-meaning person, but is kind of spoiled and a perfectionist. She wants to make Amallia better, and that means occupying it and forcing it into her preconceived notions of better, which largely mean benefiting Elkand.

- Big on agriculture

Soto

- The Sotoans are their own native group. A while ago all the Sotoan islands mashed together in one big conquest into one superculture. Except for the Mosali. They are much more southern than the rest of Soto, more isolated, and lived in harsher conditions that created a much different culture than the other Sotoans. Because the Mosali didn’t have very much of their own, they lived like pirates and stole from coastal cities and the Sotoans. However, now, Mosali Island is an island of Soto. The Mosali are angry that they are no longer allowed to be pirates, but they are not being given the supplies that their island lacks by Soto, and are suffering as a result.

- the Sotoans practice various forms of Shamanism, and there are hundreds of deviations. The most popular is Huyism, which preaches that every living thing has a soul, and is vaguely based around the true story of the spirits, four realms, etc, but with specific gods (modeled after different influential spirits).

- The Mosali are super animal-centric and believe that everyone has a spirit animal that guides them through this life, and represents their next (reincarnation).

- The Sotoans wear lots of belts, tattoos/body paints, and long, draping clothing, specifically ponchos. They wear their hair in dreadlocks and usually have little body hair. The Mosali wear lots of animal parts and cover their whole body. They shave their heads. Mosali is big on masks.

- They are pale-skinned, with black hair and black eyes. Birthmarks are common. Mosali is the same way, but shorter. Sotoans are average height, although maybe a bit on the short side.

- Sotoans have a square light blue flag.

Official language: Sotoan, which includes a lot of Os, As, and Ts. and Ss. Words are pretty long and very vowel-ly.

- They, like the Elkandish, are big on agriculture, but the Sotoans also have a lot of seafood. The Sotoan climate is usually pretty hot and humid; jungle-like with swamps and marshes, but they have plenty of mountains and volcanic behavior too.

- They trade, rather than use the money. Coastal cities have partially adopted Elkand’s monetary system, but mostly no.

- Sotoans are ruled by shaman-kings; religious leaders. The path to becoming a shaman-king is arduous and horrible, and very few are ready for the task. The shaman-kings predecessor is chosen in a mystical process, and the current shaman-king teaches their predecessor how to rule until they die.

Amallia

- General info I provided earlier, along with:

- Official languages: Aloan, Elkandish

- their flag is green on the top & the bottom, with a bold white stripe through the middle.

- Monetary system: They use a lot of coins. They basically mashed together the Elkandish monetary system with like 5 native ones and so they have around 100 coins. So. Yeah.

- Super religious, practice different religions

Keras

- whoo okay, I’ll work on this one later. I also have a few things to add to the other kingdoms too

• Posted at:

Moonflight

woah that's a lot! in a good way though ofc

is there anything else we need to work on before releasing this?

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

Keras

- They don’t have a specific flag, rather each district has a flag.

F/M District: Green & black background, like the Jamaica flag but without the yellow. They have a silver crown and sword on the front.

Dock/Harbor district: The flag is more of the pearl cove kind, a problem for the fishermen of crystal bay is a lack of representation. It is a white background with six blue horizontal stripes and a coat of arms with a pearl on the front.

Downtown: A gold flag. They wanted to keep it simple.

Slums: They “jokingly” were given a white, stained flag to represent how poor they were and create a divide between them and the rest of Keras. However, they’ve sort of turned it into their own symbol, and have a white flag decorated with rainbow spots (usually from left-over fabric scraps).

Residential: They have a red, blue, and white flag, each of those colors a horizontal stripe from left to right in the order described.

- no specific language, they mostly speak Elkandish with a smattering of Sotoan.

- Money: Usually Elkandish, but they accept virtually anything (like the Amallians). Pearl Cove has a special set of money to distance themselves from the lower class.

- They are visually a vast difference of appearances, although different districts have different styles.

Crystal Bay: Long, dreadlocks or braids, red hair. Big coats.

Pearl Cove/Street: Short, pale hair. As little hair as possible. They shave often. Rather tall, smell nice. They like to wear more British Regency clothes. They are also obsessed with looking as clean as possible, with clear, pale skin. No makeup, unless it's concealer or whitening. Obsessed with the notion of chivalry, and being as noble as possible.

Downtown: They try and imitate the Pearl Cove-ers, but display their wealth and power in ways that the nobles would most likely find appalling. They also really like big things; big pants, big beards, big hair, etc. Even the smallest hat shop owner needs to have something about them worth it, like a really long beard or massive shoulder spikes. They also really like colors.

Slums: Their hair is usually long and in very elaborate designs. They don’t have much, but they have hair. Also, tattoos and body paints. They generally wear loose, comfortable clothes.

Residential: Edwardian style clothes. Certainly fewer corsets, though - fatness was a sign of wealth and prestige, and generally wholesomeness and generosity. Grunge is more popular among the newer generations.

- Weapons: They’ve developed some basic pistols, so those are pretty popular. Small knives, sticks, brass knuckles, etc. are prevalent due to their easy concealability. Also, its an unspoken rule among the gangs that dangerous weapons - swords, morningstars, spears, and more, are unused due to the damage they might cause. However, bodyguards of, say, merchant tycoons or nobles would use those weapons - at least, they’d have them, but they wouldn’t have to use them very often due to the fact that that is a pretty great deterrent. The various assassin groups use ninja & samurai style weaponry and the cults use the same as the gangs.

- Religion! Well, as mentioned, there are plenty of cults. Two, in particular, the Sun Cult and the Moon Cult are pretty dangerous, affluent, and well-known. Other than that, the Kerasians usually are pretty atheistic, although they all know/believe to some degree Huyism.

- Food! Large mix of everything, but a lot of seafood. The Nobles tend to have obscure, expensive foods, while the others have a lot of crab and rice. Expensive meats, like venison or turkey, are usually for the Nobles, Residentials, and the people who capture the animals (F/M district). Salt seasonings: Poor, Herb seasonings: Rich.

Um, I don't think that there's more to add? Besides maybe spots. We also need to organize this information into a proper synopsis to draw people in, and some background information that won't reveal the plot. I hope this is easier to read than the other stuff, I tend to put things out in mega-paragraphs of info that can be difficult to read & digest

If you work on spots & synopsis I'll organize the information?

• Posted at:

Moonflight

ok!

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

For spots:

RENEGADES

etc

FIREBRANDS

etc

since the spots are unlimited, I'm thinking we just list them in the order they're submitted/accepted? 

For synopsis, i kept the opening from your initial synopsis since I liked it

In Keras, anything goes. Known as the City of Sin, corruption runs rampant throughout. Nobles and tycoons take advantage of the flailing classes below them. Assassin facets abduct young children and force them to become recruits. Cults have risen to power, promoting their beliefs through acts of violence. However, amidst the crossfire, a new group has been kindled.

You have noticed the decadence of Keras. Wishing to change your city for the better, you plan to meet up with others that share your ideals.

"Renegade"

That's who you'll be.

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

Hmm I don't think that there should be spots for Firebrands quite yet

My organization of the info for the sign-up thread is incoming, I should be done with it by this weekend at least

Also, I was thinking about a separate thread where I would put the excess information? To create a character they don't need to know what the Elkandish flag looks like, but it might be handy information just to have

• Posted at:

Moonflight

got it! yeah a separate thread sounds good

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

Background Information:

The Kingdoms

Keras, the City of Sin is located on a huge continent known as Pangaea. Sharing Pangaea are three kingdoms; Amallia, Soto, and Elkand. Keras belongs to none of them - truthfully, none of the kingdoms want it - and exists along the ocean, in between Amallia and Elkand’s territories. Each of these places has their own unique and diverse histories and traditions, and they’re going to be detailed here for your benefit.

Pangaea is located in the northernmost hemisphere, and roughly three-quarters of it are blocked from Amallia, Soto, Elkand, and Keras by a massive mountain range; unpassable by any of the existing technologies. For our purposes, I will refer to the accessible part as Pangaea. The eastern part of Pangaea is covered in mountains and vast forests, and the southern-dominated primarily by deserts. Along the western coast, there are rolling, fertile plains, and a chain of tropical islands extend beyond and below the coast. There is a southern coast as well, belonging to Amallia, although it is desert.

The kingdom of Soto exists on the tropical islands to the west of Pangaea and is ruled by the native populations who existed there long before settlers came. In ancient times, the islands of Soto used to be at war with one another but were united under a single Shaman-King. However, an island much further away from the islands of Soto, along with the southern coast, called Mosali, was not united under the Sotoan banner. They were pirates; the inhospitality of their homeland forcing them to steal and plunder from the Sotoans and the natives on the continent of Pangaea in order to survive. The Sotoans wear lots of belts, tattoos/body paints, and long, draping clothing, specifically ponchos. They wear their hair in dreadlocks and usually have little body hair. The Mosali wear lots of animal parts and cover their whole body. They shave their heads. They also use masks a lot, typically depicting various animals. Sotoans are pale skinned, with dark hair and light eyes. They have a lot of birthmarks and are generally tall. The Mosali are similar but usually shorter. All Sotoans are master seamen.

Amallia is the largest of the three kingdoms, but by no means the most powerful or influential. Wracked by civil war, it has now attained an uneasy peace with the Elkandish military occupying them and forcing peace. Amallia is mostly unexplored and unsettled by the settlers, and the native people there, although a minority, possess a great influence, particularly the Alo tribe. They wear casual, medieval European-style clothes (tight, wraps, tunic, fur, pants, boots, and leather). They wear a lot of braids and pulled back hair. They have dusky skin, with dark hair and dark eyes, and are generally pretty short.

Elkand is the richest and most powerful of the kingdoms, living in the breadbasket of Pangaea. They possess lush prairies that make for wonderful farmland and are able to take from Amallia and trade with Soto. When settlers first arrived on Pangaea, they arrived in Elkand, and murdered most of the native people there; the Kretchen tribe being one of the few that escaped their wrath. However, native beliefs and traditions are a very significant and unspoken part of Elkand culture. The Elkandish are tall, with dark brown skin. Their hair tends to be fair and straight, and a trademark Elkandish has piercing green eyes (heterochromia on occasion), although those traits are not universal in the least.

History

The universe was born with an explosion, as primal forces danced in the abyss. Such a powerful eruption of dynamism created an imbalance in their world - as energy pooled intensely into creation, it was extracted as well, creating asymmetry in the fabric of the universe. Spirits; almighty being born from the energy (known as Hekate) formed a world for themselves, and on it, Pangaea. They created humanity but left eventually for reasons unknown.

In Pangaea, native people settled in Soto, Amallia, and Elkand (although those kingdoms did not exist then). However, settlers from a southern continent arrived, and took over, creating their distinct land. At first, only Elkand was controlled, but settlers soon moved to Amallia, where they had a much better relationship with the locals compared to Elkand. However, a drought caused a decrease and disparity in resources, and Amallia split apart, civil war destroying it as they all waged destruction in order to claim natural assets as their own. Elkand suffers from a inequality in education and wealth, as well as past tragedies regarding mass murder of native populations. Soto has very, very strict rules, of which is decided by a religious leader and various theological texts.

Most settlers do not remember where they came from, or why they moved, and none of the people know of magic and spirits. Those are just fairy tales entrenched in religion and mystique.

Keras

Keras, known as the City of Sin, is situated right between the west and south coast. It is a lawless place filled with so many problems that no kingdom wishes to claim it as theirs. The order is kept by gangs, cults, and corrupt Merchant Tycoons whom the civilians have to pay to stay safe. Only the extremely rich or extremely poor manage to stay out of this vicious cycle. All people in Keras wear masks depicting a bird. They would also define a person's habits and skills. For example, a performer might have a peacock mask, or an assassin might have an owl mask.

Harbor district: It is divided into two sections; a lowlier, fisherman dominated bay, and a cove taken over by rich nobles. There are many party houses and beach mansions there, and it is an important seat of wealth. The cove is known a Pearl Cove, and it is where the fishermen used to get pearls from. Now, it is a common part trick for foolish young nobles to go diving for pearls and swim among rich flora and fauna located there. The bay is known as the Crystal Bay, called this due to the impressive clarity of the water. It where the fishing society and the dock/harbor are located, and it is where all new arrivals to the city come in. The people there are relatively distant from all the murder and whatnot happening in Keras. Those in Pearl Cove have short, pale hair. As little hair as possible. They shave often. Rather tall, smell nice. They like to wear more British Regency clothes. They are also obsessed with looking as clean as possible, with clear, pale skin. No makeup, unless it's concealer or whitening. Obsessed with the notion of chivalry, and being as noble as possible. Those living in Harbor Bay have long dreadlocks or braids, red hair. Big coats.

Forest/Mountain (FM) district: A largely natural place. It contains the large forest and the dormant volcano along with the small bit of forest located on it. It is where the nature-lovers and retired elderly live, but there has recently been an outbreak of illness around there. There are some private mansions, but they’re usually for displaying wealth rather than living in. It used to be where a lot of the nobles lived before they moved to the Pearl Cove, and so there are a lot of ruins.

Downtown: Where a lot of the Merchant Tycoon’s businesses are located, along with restaurants, shops, stores, and the market. However, it has a dangerous dark side. After dark, the Downtown becomes a criminally infested cesspool, and violence reigns supreme. However, in the morning, it is a busy workplace. There is an unspoken rule among the civilians and the big time gang members that the gangs will not be present in the daytime, and the civilians will not be present during the nighttime. They try and imitate the Pearl Cove-ers, but display their wealth and power in ways that the nobles would most likely find appalling. They also really like big things; big pants, big beards, big hair, etc. Even the smallest hat shop owner needs to have something about them worth it, like a really long beard or massive shoulder spikes. They also really like colors. There is a street on it known as Abalone Street, it is really fancy and is where all the nobles go shopping.

Slums: A small district, and yet the most populated one. It’s where people go to get forgotten, and there are some illegal slave rings that go on. Children in the Slums are often kidnapped, and a lot of people there are those with nowhere to go - those who cannot work (elderly, disabled, young, criminal, addict, etc.) and those who work the lowest paying of jobs (mainly the workers being taken advantage of by the Merchant Tycoons). Many of them have little or no education. A lot of small-time gangs start up there, and the living conditions are terrible. However, there can often be a strong sense of unity found among the communities there, and everyone shares in order to survive. Their hair is usually long and in very elaborate designs. They don’t have much, but they have hair. Also, tattoos and body paints. They generally wear loose, comfortable clothes.

Residential district: Where all the normal civilians live. These people make their livings off of working hat shops, selling fruit at the market for the Merchant Tycoons (whereas the people living in the slums would be the ones picking the fruit), and teaching at schools. Many of these people are paying various gangs to keep themselves safe from violence and the gangs themselves. It consists of houses, schools, libraries, and other public facilities. Edwardian style clothes. Certainly fewer corsets, though - fatness was a sign of wealth and prestige, and generally wholesomeness and generosity. Grunge is more popular among the newer generations.

Magic

Magic is Hekate - an energy existing in this world that only spirits can manipulate. The magic the humans use would be “left over” magic. For example, if a spirit manipulated a pool of water, the pool would then be saturated in the energy. A human could take the water and use it to cure their wound, along with chanting necessary words or using other magic items besides the water. In that way, humans can cast spells, but only stuff like potions or enchantments, or with magical objects made from energized items.

For an item-wise example, if a spirit were to make a tree grow, then a human could fashion a broomstick out of it, after doing various chants and preparing the wood so that it would both be comfortable and fly as a rider directs.

@Chanty - look this over, and suggest edits as you see fit. I was kind of unsure about the History & Magic sections, if I gave too much away... Thank you!

• Posted at:

Moonflight

it looks fine to me! i think a little bit of foreshadowing is good, //the part about imbalance// so i don't think you need to change anything 

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

So who wants to make the thread?

Also, I can’t believe I forgot to mention this, but if you want the Renegade Leader, go ahead! I was looking through my old posts here and I realize I kind of sounded dismissive/clueless regarding that idea, and I think that it would be great if we both had characters! //besides the point, I wondered if you were planning on making any Renegade characters. We, of course, would function as the side characters, and that might be enough for you if you so choose, but I just wanted you to know that I support you in whatever you pick and anything’s fine with me!

• Posted at:

Moonflight

Could you make the thread? Your organization skills are much better than mine haha :P

Actually, I think I'd rather just stick to the side characters. Having someone who knows all about what'll happen might make affect my character's decisions too much so it'd be interesting for someone else to be able to be Renegade leader

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

@Chanty - The thread is made, although its still in moderation queue right now

And that's true, it might... as long as you're happy! You could make a future-seeing Renegade :P

Thanks so much for working with me! It was an honor and a pleasure to get to know you better and to hang out more

Out of curiosity, will you still be visiting this thread? Just to chat, or plan other things?

Also man Danganronpa is cruel

I'm not even done with the first trial and already like 3 characters are dead/going to die

Why did they have to die

Me: Oh! Um, I really like Mondo, Leon, Taka, & Sakura. Basically all the fightin' peeps

Friend: Oh you poor baby *maniacal laughter*

• Posted at:

Moonflight

/324767

• Posted at:

Moonflight

Nice! I just woke up so I'll have to see if it came through

Likewise! Your ideas are great, a lot more developed than mine :P 

We could definitely continue this thread. I'd love to chat more with you.

Darn your friend shouldn't say something like that but Oof that's tough

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

@Chanty - oh hush, we’re both great

Yeah I kind of went into Danganronpa knowing that just about everyone dies/horrible things happen to everyone so I figured it would end poorly

I’m just hoping at least one of them lives

Least favorites: Hifumi, Toko, Hiro

My friend was really surprised that I didn’t like Toko? But she’s horrible and suspicious and doesn’t think anything through, and also is really rude

I love Taka he’s so adorable and hilarious

Also I made the super hero roleplay, except I forgot to add that it was my 1,000+ star celebration and only one person sent a character in

A lot of people bookmarked it but nothing’s happened, probably because I put all the info on a different page

which turned out to be a bad idea. I’m currently torn between just seeing if it works out, or rebooting it with all the added features (star celebration, everything on the same thread)

I thought you might want to join as well, but if you don’t want to, that’s fine too!

• Posted at:

Moonflight

Yeah orig Toko was one of my least favorites too. 

Danganronpa is a game of suffering :') they know that you have favorites and then they die

oof I prob won't want to join, trying to limit the amount of things I need to do so that I don't feel overwhelmed. Sorry!

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

Nah it's cool, no need to overwhelm yourself

Danganronpa is a game of despair

Desbear?

Ack

Why did Leon have to die? I got to the part where he was dragged into the baseball arena/area thing and I was like "are they going to stone him to death with baseballs? Nah that's too horrible and graphic" and then they did

Also someone gets turned into butter next time, according to my friend? I've figured that there are going to be approximately 4 more trials (friend told me six survive), and I'm betting that Chihiro, Byakuya, Sakura, Kyoko, Hifumi (friend told me), and... Taka? Mondo? Hina? Celeste? (one of 'em) die

Of course, my friend also revealed that he could be lying, so...

When I got to that "shoot down opponent's retorts" section of the trial at the very end with music I panicked and completely forgot the controls and messed up royally. I'm even on Kind why was that hard? Does it get harder???

• Posted at:

Moonflight

oof wow City of Sin did not work out

I'm sorry

Do you want to do something with BIRD PEOPLE

• Posted at:

Moonflight

Boop

• Posted at:

Moonflight

I would love to do something with BIRD PEOPLE

and don't worry; I personally found the process much more exciting :P it's fun to plan! Even if it doesn't work out

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

Yee

And I'm glad you found the process fun even if it didn't work out, I felt bad about that

SO I had two ideas:

1) a more zootopia kind of thing, with a steam-punk flying island animal tribes and legends of chima mash. On a planet there are floating islands where cities of animals reside, as well as a ground beneath them where the non-humanoid animals reside. The hybrids can range from nekos to walt disney's robinhood

2) floating islands of bird people. Or, more castles and mountains in the clouds. the birdesque-ness ranges, but the more human you are the more magic you have. Magic for these creatures is kind of like superpowers. Most of them don't have magic at all, you only really get it once you get past the 30% bird range into more human than that. There is a division, a schism between two siblings of the ruling class (they get a monarchy lol), and characters have to decide between the two sides. Maybe other groups will form, too, like pacifistic ones or those who want to profit off the war or those who are interested in a prophecy or some other thing

• Posted at:

Moonflight

I really like both ideas at the same time, hhh

i like the steam-punk, flying islands and legendary chimera idea in the first one? but i also love the concept of more-human birdpeople having stronger magic

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

What do you mean by legendary chimera? I was referencing a lego show

because I am very, very classy

So maybe the steampunk islands have magic too? Like super powered chinchilla people and bear people duking it out? The characters with superpowers could be called “the blessed”. There is a huge city-island, where animal people live together in harmony, but then everything changed when the fire nation attacked  but then the further you get away from said island the closer you would get to the tribal islands, where exclusively crocodiles or exclusively pigeons would live on an island, and they would also most likely be more animal-like.

“Oh you’re from the cat tribe?”

“Actually I’ve lived on [whatever the city-island is called] for three generations, I really don’t consider myself part of the tribe anymore”

“That’s funny you look like you’re at least 60% animal”

• Posted at:

Moonflight

that idea sounds good! and asdfghj i whoops, i thought that with a society of animals, a chimera would be something that they'd call "legend" since it's basically a monstrous amalgamation

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

Hmmmmm

mystical animal-human hybrids could be like deities! And they could be in GGaD too for a meta bonus ha the dragon god of weather, the Minotaur god of war and strategy, the fairy god of fertility, etc

I was discussing this with my sister, and I came up with the idea that the ground below might be like a huge, dark desert, with deadly swamps and caves too, along with other stuff. It could easily function as a “monster realm”, or Wastelands (FA) where all sorts of horrible and strange things come from to make plot stuff happen.

and perhaps some plant/fungus/bacteria/etc people were there too? There might be viruses that mind control some of the tribes on the borders, and they’re coming to infect the rest of the population

chaos ensues

• Posted at:

Moonflight

there are definitely some hybrids in GGaD,,, 

those sound good! we could deviate a bit from the classic wolf-humans and cat-humans

chaos is the spice of life, definitely

• Posted at:

『 ENCHANTED 』

Never Lost Word

Yeeaaah that was more just speculation and a “hey what if” sort of deal rather than a concrete thing

Oh yah. The plant people etc probably wouldn’t be available to play as until much later, since their reveal would probably be a surprise.

I was actually thinking of a cat empire, composed of all the kitty species (lion, ocelot, Norwegian forest cat, etc). And si chaos is the spice of life

• Posted at:

Moonflight