Rhythm Access - A ForumFic - Riri’s 2,500 Star Celebration

A broadcast lights up your TV screen. The hourly one, of course.

Welcome to Earth-22, your, pristine, government-controlled, city-dominated world! All of those pesky forests have been removed, and oxygen is now produced in mass greenhouses which access is strictly prohibited. Now, we only have room for technology and developing the new world! The roads are clean and the air is too. The criminal center has been—

The broadcast suddenly stops. A teenage girl with a mask on steps in front of the screen.

They’re lying when they say that this is “freedom”. Since when have you heard music other than that brainwashing pop? 

All I’m saying is, come to Beat. We have the REAL freedom. 

Oh, and if you want this freedom, you tell no one of this. The government doesn’t know this is on and won’t ever know.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Stuff about this universe

There are two worlds: The Overworld, also known as Earth-22, and the Underworld, known as Beat.

Earth-22 is completely controlled by the government. Everything and anything happening is known by them. They retain no knowledge of Beat whatsoever…yet. The world consists of no plants, only concrete jungles and massive skyscrapers. Everything there is loud, busy, clean, and time-controlled.

Beat is a massive world, hollowed out beneath the surface, and surrounded in neons with bustling cities, with the capital and main attraction being Rhythm Access: their year-round music competition fight. Since this world is underground and hidden from the overworld, thieves, rogues, orphans, and all of the outcasts flock to the underground, as well as those who have been born there (no duh). It's actually a fairly productive city, with plants and crops being grown in farms underground. These plants and crops are all native to the underground.

The main plot will follow Rhythm Access (and some other stuff I won’t reveal yet). Magic and Science work in harmony here.

Rhythm Access is the main attraction of Beat, the massive, music-controlled fighting game. Anyone over the age of 10 can participate for large quantities of money. To enter, you have to sign up through the main office (the first Mod, Sarae, who is incredibly helpful and just in rules). You can easily get banned if you share your ID number to someone you don’t know: a number used to protect you and access your house or apartment. To sign up, you have to choose three categories of music that you will specialize in for fighting. Only then will you be scheduled in for fights. In Rhythm Access, it's a fighting game that all depends on the beat. Usually, people who are in the same category fight against each other. 

Categories for music are the following:

Pop
Country

EDM

Rock
Metal
Future Bass
Electro Swing 

Vocaloid

Meme (it’s a legit category.)
Classical

J-Pop
K-Pop
Hip-hop
Latin
R&B
Soundtrack (Includes game soundtracks)

There are three types of rounds in Rhythm Access: Forbidden Item, Death Dance, and Rhythm Flow (the most infamous). 

Forbidden Item takes place on a circular arena, where there are usually two players. Each player has an item that they have to hold onto (typically a small colored stone). The goal is to fight the other opponent to the beat with their weapon, to make them drop the stone. The first to drop the stone loses. 

Death Dance takes place on a perfectly square arena, where two players face off against each other. It's a legitimate dance battle. The goal is to knock the other player off of the platform. 

Rhythm Flow, the most infamous, is an intense round that takes great concentration and agility. It contains the same concept as Death Dance, but instead, you're assigned a color. The platform does not have borders, instead, it's a massive, bulletproof screen. The goal is to tap all of the notes that show up in your color on the screen while fighting the enemy. For each note you miss, a percentage of your health bar goes down on the widescreen. Whoever is the first to miss 20 notes (also known as draining your health bar).

Characters can be one of many races:

Fairies: Fairies are small (their maximum height is 4 feet), human-like beings with translucent wings. They are in control of agriculture in Beat.

Animal-Human Hybrids: Animal-Human Hybrids are the cross of a human and an animal. Any animal, to be precise: land or water. They usually retain a few features of their animal (i.e. ears, tail, paws, claws, fangs, fins, you name it).

Nymphs: Nymphs are an elegant, typically female-ruled race. They each have a tattoo that gives them their powers from birth. Have control over one element (NOT INCLUDING AETHER). 

Vampires: Vampires typically look like humans, but retain very pale skin and sickly-looking physiques. They have elongated canine teeth and tend to prefer meat (although, you will occasionally meet a vegetarian vampire). They surprisingly are not allergic to garlic.

Werewolves: Werewolves also look like a human, but have slitted pupils and their eyes are either in brown, blue, or gold colors. They can transform into their wolf state if they are well-nourished and rested.

Sirens: Sirens retain the look of an average human, but they have a tendency to dye their hair bright, neon colors. They sometimes have swirling tattoos up their forearms. Tend to be very fashion-oriented. 

Ventus Folk: Ventus Folk, alike Animal-Human hybrids, retain part of an animal, but it’s only the wings. The wings can range from mythical animals (dragons) to normal (bird). It all depends on what they’re born with.

Humans: Just…just humans.

Well, I think that covers everything! If you’ve read through this, put “Rhythm Access” in white font in the Code box.

RULES

No OP characters/Mary/Gary Sues.
Upon entering a character, I have full control of them for the story.
One Forumer MAX.
Characters who are LGBTQ+ are approved and encouraged.
Shipping won’t take a large portion of this, but I will include some if desired.

SHEET

Name:

Nickname:

Sexuality:

Race:

If Nymph, what element do xe control?:

If Ventus Folk/Fairy, what wings do they have:

If Werewolf, what is their wolf appearance?:

If Animal-Human Hybrid, what animal are they a hybrid of a human with?:

If Siren, How Practiced in their Magic?:

Height:

Weight:

Body Build:
Physical Appearance:

Clothing Preference:

Personality: 

Fighter in Rhythm Access?:

If yes, Weapon of Choice?:

If yes, what three music categories are they under?:

Shippable?:

Anything else I should know about this character?:

Code:

~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Riri

Nickname: N/A

Sexuality: Bisexual

Race: Siren

If Siren, How Practiced in their Magic?: Well practiced

Height: 5’4

Weight: 115 lbs

Body Build: Average, with slight muscles

Physical Appearance: Riri has short, asymmetrical, turquoise hair that reaches her chin. It’s parted to the right. She has dark brown eyes, firm eyebrows, freckles on her cheeks, and has natural beige skin. She typically wears nail polish that matches her hair color, turquoise. Riri has swirling, turquoise tattoos up her forearms as well.

Clothing Preference: Riri wears a combination of sleeveless, hooded sweatshirts; girly skirts; long-sleeve shirts; and various leggings/biker shorts. She wears a pair of scuffed-up black boots for 80% of the time.

Personality: Riri is spunky, sassy, and has a bold, friendly way of expressing her thoughts. Her sense of humor is crazy (she laughs at the stupidest jokes). Her flamboyant personality is a result of self hate, thinking that if she makes more friends, people will like her and never leave her. She has autophobia, is an extreme perfectionist, and has insanely high self-hate for herself. She is an ENFP. She will take charge no matter what, and hates not to be leading a project (Which can cause some grief for her). She will occasionally make empty threats

Fighter in Rhythm Access?: Yes

If yes, Weapon of Choice?: Fights with an extendable scythe.

If yes, what three music categories?: Future Bass, Electro Swing, and Vocaloid

Shippable?: Nah, don’t feel like it

Anything else I should know about this character?: no

Code: read the stuff properly

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

✪ Riri ✪ 

[she/her/author]

In this lukewarm madness

I’ll say goodbye to this drama

and make-believe

That i’ve been playing this whole time

19 5 14 4 13 5 13 5 19

(; we are a arm now #firstdingut

well that went through ridiculously fast

• Posted at:

✪ Riri ✪ 

[she/her/author]

In this lukewarm madness

and make-believe

19 5 14 4 13 5 13 5 19

Save Nymph.

• Posted at:

H  L

A  O

Catholic 

To the Haven for Werewolves, 54 pages, and over 2,100 posts.

#RememberHurricane

So not Luana.

save a ventus folk please. 

• Posted at:

vertigo

~currently being redone~

Aren't the dancing flames beautiful?

The night is a stealthy Raven

But I don't think it minds my light

a'ight saved

• Posted at:

✪ Riri ✪ 

[she/her/author]

In this lukewarm madness

and make-believe

19 5 14 4 13 5 13 5 19

Save animal-human hybrid

• Posted at:

Gulfstream

She/Her

Empress of Positivity

Forum Sisters: Violet, Lunastar, Bixbite, Riri, Sanetra, Hyperbole, Ivy, and more  

Forum BFF: Everyone!!!

I'm an autistic Christian

yeh saved

• Posted at:

✪ Riri ✪ 

[she/her/author]

In this lukewarm madness

and make-believe

19 5 14 4 13 5 13 5 19

up

• Posted at:

✪ Riri ✪ 

[she/her/author]

In this lukewarm madness

and make-believe

19 5 14 4 13 5 13 5 19

Name: Mocking-Jay

Nickname: MJ, Jay

Sexuality:Striaght

Race:Vampire

Height:5' 8"

Weight:118 lbs

Body Build:Slender and thin
Physical Appearance: Pale tanned skin and Dark red almond shaped eyes. Diamond shaped head with a Straight nose and Arched eyebrows. hair is a Dark Black with a red/brown tint. Hair type: Thick and Wavy, tips are curly, length is mid back and Hair kept in a Ponytail. Elongated Canines, bite marks on right side of neck. 

Clothing Preference:Grey or black Capri Track pants; white, red or Black Vans; Hoodies and Windbreakers over Long Tank tops ranging from dark reds to Blacks.

Personality: Sarcastic hard-working. She focuses all her time to preparing to compete in Rhythm Access. Apart from being Sarcastic, she can also pass off as Rude and Likes to keep up a Tsundere Facade. Sometimes she'll be nice and help you, but not without the price of a snarky remark or sarcastic comment.

If yes, Weapon of Choice?: Katana Blade

If yes, what three music categories are they under?: K-pop, Hip-hop, Electro swing

Shippable?: Honey please, of course she's shippable

Anything else I should know about this character?: Um. no not really, But Riri Is kewl

Code:Rhythme access

• Posted at:

§Mockingjay§

[Joined June 16th 2017]  

Goddess of Fire      and Phoenix's

°BentOverBackwards_1

°{Star|Count}{4279}

#OurBelovedHurricane-We love you

JorDunDunDun_2

yehoo, MJ accepted

tanku (^///^) i want to have Riri and MJ have a showdown for the Rhythm Flow round, that would be epic

and i mean

electro swing 

hecc yes

• Posted at:

✪ Riri ✪ 

[she/her/author]

In this lukewarm madness

and make-believe

19 5 14 4 13 5 13 5 19

Save moi a human

• Posted at:

necro(mancer).

she/her/they/them pronouns

lowkey obsessed with aesthetics  

Creativity Corp, an organization- /340640

yehoo saved

• Posted at:

✪ Riri ✪ 

[she/her/author]

In this lukewarm madness

and make-believe

19 5 14 4 13 5 13 5 19

WOW!

STARRY.

YOU CREATED THIS BEAUTIFUL THING IN JUST A DAY?!

Actually, I'm not suprised. You're EXTREMELY talented! I actually think this should be a written book just like school of secretsThis could be the next saga like Star Wars, Harry Potter or warriors!

• Posted at:

ᴛoFfEe (´ω`●)

ʟᴏᴄᴀʟ ᴄɪɴɴᴀᴍᴏɴʀᴏʟʟ

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴋᴏ ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

ᴏʙsᴇssɪᴠᴇ sʜɪᴘᴘᴇʀ & ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴏғ ʙᴏʙᴀ

ᴘʀᴏᴜᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴏғ ʙʜ/ᴅʙ\(^ω^\)

“ᴊᴀᴅᴇ, ɪғ ɪ’ᴍ ᴀ ᴡᴀʟɴᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ’ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʟᴍᴏɴᴅ.”

Haha, yeah, I did! I admittedly rushed it. Maybe I will turn it into a series one day. Who knows! Are you gonna sign up too, Toffee?

• Posted at:

✪ Riri ✪ 

[she/her/author]

In this lukewarm madness

and make-believe

19 5 14 4 13 5 13 5 19

also, Toffee, future bass is what snail's house is

just a hint

• Posted at:

✪ Riri ✪ 

[she/her/author]

In this lukewarm madness

and make-believe

19 5 14 4 13 5 13 5 19

Name: Luana

Nickname: Lu

Sexuality: Straight

Race: Nymph

If Nymph, what element do xe control?: Earth

Height: 5’5

Weight: 125 lbs

Body Build: Slender and somewhat thin

Physical Appearance:  Luana has brown hair, past her shoulder blades with natural blonde streaks. She has knowing dark amber brown eyes that sparkle.Her skin is tan. She wears grey glasses.

Clothing Preference: Typically, formal doesn't exist in this girl's closet. She will wear t-shirts, jeans and sneakers. Her most common outfit might be combat boots/hiking boots, jeans and a plaid/blouse shirt. The colors can be either light or dark, it just depends on the day. She always has a silver armband on.

Personality: Luana is a reserved person, often changing her personality to avoid being hurt.  She is quiet intelligent, and has a creative mind. She writes a lot, but also takes a while to trust someone. She is pretty funny, but also serious. She doesn’t speak her mind as often as she might want to, but she'll get defensive easily. She isn't innocent as you might think. She is very loyal to her friends, and will say something if something happens to her friends.

If yes, Weapon of Choice?: Silver bow and arrow

If yes, what three music categories are they under?: Country, Rock, and Soundtrack (like Greatest Showman)

Shippable?: Sure

Anything else I should know about this character?: Not really, just that she’ll be a loner sometimes

Code: Rythme Access

I almost put Nymphy in Race.

• Posted at:

H  L

A  O

Catholic 

#RememberHurricane

So not Luana.

Also this is Luana's tattoo : basically a crack in the earth

• Posted at:

H  L

A  O

Catholic 

#RememberHurricane

So not Luana.

@Luana

yee accepted

it is time,,,for me to start filing these into my planner

• Posted at:

✪ Riri ✪ 

[she/her/author]

In this lukewarm madness

and make-believe

19 5 14 4 13 5 13 5 19

up

you can still enter characters, I’m not closing for a while

• Posted at:

✪ Riri ✪ 

[she/her/author]

In this lukewarm madness

and make-believe

19 5 14 4 13 5 13 5 19

up

• Posted at:

✪ Riri ✪ 

[she/her/author]

In this lukewarm madness

and make-believe

19 5 14 4 13 5 13 5 19

owo save a vampire

is it okay if in personality I write 'my personality'?

• Posted at:

Specter

[Bixbite][She/they/baka]

❀❀❀❀❀

#CCfam

❀❀❀❀❀

Playing happy melodies

under the glowing moon

❀❀❀❀❀

A thousand cherry blossoms,

Dwindling in the light...

❀❀❀❀❀

Spring aesthetic

@Bixbite

i'm putting this all in a digital planner, so I’d prefer a typed out personality please :D

also yee saved

• Posted at:

✪ Riri ✪ 

[she/her/author]

In this lukewarm madness

and make-believe

19 5 14 4 13 5 13 5 19

up

• Posted at:

✪ Riri ✪ 

[she/her/author]

In this lukewarm madness

and make-believe

19 5 14 4 13 5 13 5 19

Name: Akira Kumiko 

Nickname: Goes by the name of Kira.

Race: Human-Animal Hybrid
If Animal-Human Hybrid, what animal are they a hybrid of a human with?: Half leopard.
Height: 5'6 
Weight: 119
Body Build: A slender, flexible, hour glass body shape. 

Physical Appearance: Natural light brown skin, piercing prominent amber eyes with dark, thin eye brows and full lashes. Her lips are a nude color and the corners are tilted downwards. Thin raven black hair that leads down to her shoulders. Real leopard ears are perked on top of her head and a leopard tail is down at her bottom. She has stiletto shaped nails that she doesn't typically paint. Instead, she either just clips or files them to her liking. Much stronger than she looks. 

Clothing Preference: She wears a majority of animal printed, sleeved crop-tops; black leather skirts with a belt and silver buckle; and Knee-high, laced up combat boots. 
Personality: Spontaneous, Self-confident, Out-going, and solitary. She works well under pressure and is a loyal person who tries to stick to her word. She's used to doing things independently and can be a bit snappish if someone bugs her. Kira isn't afraid to get her hands dirty and can create a pretty wicked slash with her nails on a person's flesh if she tried. Quick to anger and slow to sadness. She can hold long grudges against those who betray her and is some what called stubborn. You can say she's friendly, but only if she grows a liking to you. Around strangers, she's a bit rude and won't trust anyone with her life. (Unless she trusts you, which is rare)

Fighter in Rhythm Access?: Yes! 
If yes, Weapon of Choice?: She fights with metal twin daggers. The handles are black. 
If yes, what three music categories are they under?: Hip-hop, Pop, Electro Swing.
Shippable?: yEs, YeS. 
Anything else I should know about this character?: She's extremely flexible and sort of a Tsundere when it comes to crushes. She'll act hard to get, snappish, and snarky but will soften up over time. 
Code: Rhythm Access!~

(Took your advice on doing new characters. I'm tryin' my best. XD

• Posted at:

ᴛoFfEe (´ω`●)

ʟᴏᴄᴀʟ ᴄɪɴɴᴀᴍᴏɴʀᴏʟʟ

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴋᴏ ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

woAh tHis WenT bY qUiCk

• Posted at:

ᴛoFfEe (´ω`●)

ʟᴏᴄᴀʟ ᴄɪɴɴᴀᴍᴏɴʀᴏʟʟ

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴋᴏ ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

@Toffee

I like her! Now, this is a Forumer story, so are you sure you want her instead of yourself? The point is to have the forumers as the characters, but I’m fine writing out her too. :D

• Posted at:

✪ Riri ✪ 

[she/her/author]

In this lukewarm madness

and make-believe

19 5 14 4 13 5 13 5 19

@Starry

I already make my characters a bit to preppy annoying and happy so I think making a character of me is a bit to boring. There's nothing really new and I kind of find myself boring. XD

Thank you so much for the suggestion! But I'll stick with Kira instead. :3

• Posted at:

ᴛoFfEe (´ω`●)

ʟᴏᴄᴀʟ ᴄɪɴɴᴀᴍᴏɴʀᴏʟʟ

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴋᴏ ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

Uh, never mind. I'll change my character.

• Posted at:

ᴛoFfEe (´ω`●)

ʟᴏᴄᴀʟ ᴄɪɴɴᴀᴍᴏɴʀᴏʟʟ

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴋᴏ ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

A-ok! You know, you don’t have to make it directly like yourself. I'm a bit different in real life. And you're certainly not boring! 

Would it be okay if I just wrote the character's name as Toffee? I think it might get a bit confusing with Kira instead of your normal name, with this being a forumer forumfic after all 

I’m so sorry for all of the questions! _| ̄|O

• Posted at:

✪ Riri ✪ 

[she/her/author]

In this lukewarm madness

and make-believe

19 5 14 4 13 5 13 5 19

BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD.

• Posted at:

ᴛoFfEe (´ω`●)

ʟᴏᴄᴀʟ ᴄɪɴɴᴀᴍᴏɴʀᴏʟʟ

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴋᴏ ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

ah! sorry toffee D:

Once you get your character in, I’ll start writing out the first chapter. 

• Posted at:

✪ Riri ✪ 

[she/her/author]

In this lukewarm madness

and make-believe

19 5 14 4 13 5 13 5 19

signups won’t be closed of course, I’ll be open to add more at any time. 

• Posted at:

✪ Riri ✪ 

[she/her/author]

In this lukewarm madness

and make-believe

19 5 14 4 13 5 13 5 19

Up

• Posted at:

✪ Riri ✪ 

[she/her/author]

In this lukewarm madness

and make-believe

19 5 14 4 13 5 13 5 19

Name: Toffee Hartjoy 
Nickname: N/A

Race: Hooman Human-Animal Hybrid.
If Animal-Human Hybrid, what animal are they a hybrid of a human with?: A black cat.
Height: 5'5
Weight: 116
Body Build: A slender, hour glass body-shape. 
Physical Appearance: She has medium brown hair that waves down her back, and rounded dull brown eyes. Her skin is lightly tanned and black cat eyes are perked on top of her head. She has a long, white-tipped cat tail. She's flexible and stronger than she looks. Don't let her appearance full you on what she's capable of. 
Clothing Preference: Toffee wears a large, oversized hoodie done in a light pink, with dark gray leggings. A white tulle skirt can be seen from the bottoms of the hoodie. She has her pastel blue earbuds in a majority of the time.

Personality: Energetic, Clever, Self-confident and out-going. She's always up for an adventure of some sort and loves to make friends. To other people she can be slightly annoying but she doesn't care. Sometimes oblivious to things around her when she has her earbuds blaring. Loyal and tries to stick to her word. She isn't the greatest at arguing come backs and will often try to push herself a little too hard. In Rhythm Access, Toffee is great at spotting people's weaknesses and will use her advantages to either out-smart her enemies. 

Fighter in Rhythm Access?: Yes!
If yes, Weapon of Choice?: A metal katana with a light pink handle. 
If yes, what three music categories are they under?: J-Pop, Pop, Future Bass.
Shippable?: yEs
Anything else I should know about this character?: She's a beat when it comes to her weapon and is also oblivious when someone likes her. XD
Code: Rhythm Access >:3

• Posted at:

ᴛoFfEe (´ω`●)

ʟᴏᴄᴀʟ ᴄɪɴɴᴀᴍᴏɴʀᴏʟʟ

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴋᴏ ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

I SAW MEMES 

I’M JOINING

• Posted at:

۩۞۩

I S H M A E L

•۩۞۩

•۩۞۩

I may or may not copy and pasted some parts of that OC you made for me and used it for this form

• Posted at:

ᴛoFfEe (´ω`●)

ʟᴏᴄᴀʟ ᴄɪɴɴᴀᴍᴏɴʀᴏʟʟ

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴋᴏ ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

Save siren

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

He/Him/Timelord

Uh... This is my Forumfic: /339280 (WoFMB)

Double Forum Vigilante (In training)

Native to the WoFMB

I really feel like I need to decorate this siggy more.

God of magic and time (GGaD)

C H I L L

The truth is good, even if it hurts.

Can you save a Ventus Folk slot please?

• Posted at:

Summer

*lavender eddition*

Catholic

(@Riri could you add a cappella and rap catagories?)

• Posted at:

Summer

*lavender eddition*

Catholic

Can I still join?

• Posted at:

NYX

smol spoopy demon child

Hi it’s me

Zie/Zer Pronouns