Belladonna made quick work of tying the small dragon up, leaving no wiggle room. She'd feel bad if she hadn't been attacked by him. "Let's look through his stuff, then. He must have some kind of note or instructions or..." she shook her head. "There could be a clue." Maybe this was one of the dragons that had attacked Rooibos. But Rooibos didn't have anything to hide, that she knew of...

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

icarus

she/they

~

we rest in an unvisited tomb

Jasmine

“He had a belt that had a bunch of darts in it, an earring, and a pouch with jars of stuff, presumably poisons,” she reported, watching the Sandwing. Even though he was securely tied up, his presence still bothered Jasmine. She twisted her neck around to look at her wound instinctually, eyeing the black and red burn.

“But if you want to inspect it, you can,” the pale green Rainwing shrugged, edging towards the hut. Although she thought the act would be useless, she still didn’t want to be near the dragonet.

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Each of us bear our own cross

Come and talk to me;  341245 ]

[ | She/her | MN | Since 7/31/17 | ]

Now @ moonflying31   :D

Belladonna shook her head. "Then it doesn't make sense. I'm an old dragon, so maybe they wanted Rooibos..." She sat on the ground rubbing her eyes with her front talons. "And that SandWing doesn't even look full-grown yet." What had happened was finally getting to her. She could've died.

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

"What do you mean, 'not like that'?" Uakari demanded, tugging Blackberry to a corner of the room. "It's completely like that. Passion's scared of blood; when she sees it, she screams. It's really simple- and kinda creepy, to be honest." 

Blackberry shook her head and went back over to the patient, wondering when Uakari would stop exploding whenever she brought up Mango. "It's more... complicated than that." I should know. "She's not just scared of blood. She's scared of any injuries or dragons getting hurt. And she doesn't always react by screaming. The last incident was just that way." 

"Alright, that's enough for tonight," announced an old healer, clapping his hands together. "We only need a few healers to watch him for now, as he's stopped bleeding. You can all go and rest." He started to shoo the younger healers out with his wings. 

Uakari let out an audible sigh of relief. "Thank the moons," she groaned, dodging an emerald wing and hopping out onto the deck. "I thought that would last forever. Coming, Blackberry?" She beckoned with a claw. When Blackberry hesitated, glancing back at the patient once more, Uakari let out another groan and grabbed Blackberry's talon, pulling her onto the deck. "Come on. You've got to rest! It's not like he'll instantly die when you leave."

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

Jasmine

“Well, older Rainwings are better at shooting venom,” Jasmine offered. She rubbed her arms awkwardly, watching the sky above them. It was in some strange, not-night, not-quite-morning stage, with stars and the moon and dark blue and lighter blue and small orangey clouds on the horizon.

“What are we going to ask him?”

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

"His name, where he comes from, why he's here," Belladonna listed off. "But I don't know what to do with him after that. We can't just let him go."

(want to time skip until he wakes up?)

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

Blackberry reluctantly let herself be pulled out. "Fine," she muttered, sitting down on the wooden floor of the deck. Vines wound up the wooden poles that formed a sort of dome around the healer's hut, their flowers hanging low and brushing against her face, perfuming the air with a sweet, sleepy smell. Now that Uakari had mentioned it, she suddenly did feel tired...

"You've had a long night," fussed Uakari, crouching to meet Blackberry's eyes. "Come on, you can't fall asleep now- at least get to a hammock! Blackberry..."

Blackberry's head slowly drooped onto her chest, her scales bursting into a last trying indigo before they relaxed into a light violet. As her body began to tip onto the deck, Uakari quickly caught her and laid her down gently. Great, she thought irritably, brushing a few raindrops off her head. Now how am I supposed to get her to her hammock? She'll have to sleep here...

She quietly poked her head inside the healer's hut. Now that most of the trainees were gone, the room was quiet and peaceful, like a meditation center. Only a few RainWings hovered around the patient, their scales a calm dappled blue. Uakari went over to a healer and quietly asked him if he could help her move Blackberry. Carefully, they picked up Blackberry and moved her over to a cot, placing her down gently. 

"Thanks for the help," Uakari whispered. 

"No worries," the healer responded, smiling at her. "She won't be any trouble. We'll probably forget she's there."

Uakari stepped outside and looked over the canopy to the horizon. The sun was almost about to rise. Oh, good! I really need to refill. She stretched her cramped wings and her arms, preparing to sleep.

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

@Icarus - sure! I think we should discuss what’s going on, though. Who did attack Rooibos? Are they related to Datura and Mica? Datura works for an criminal’s guild, who want to capture a Rainwing for a reason unknown to the pair. Mica is a member of the guild family, which is strictly a family business, and is employing Datura to do so. Datura often works for them, and he’s practically part of the family, except he isn’t. Not just because he’s not related by blood, but that he also doesn’t know a secret that they do.

I’m thinking that the secret might be an underground arena where dragons are forced to fight for entertainment, sponsored by said criminal’s guild and for the entertainment of other criminals. It’d be a sort of evil resort for those who’ve gotten rich off of foul deeds to lie low. It keeps itself secret through a murderous system of blackmail, bribes, and subterfuge. If their secret got out, then the tribes would most likely gang up on them for the travesties they have committed against their dragons.

Perhaps they had somehow heard of Rainwings deadliness, and wanted to capture one for combat? Or perhaps did Rooibos find out about their secret and then escape?

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Ooh well the secret the Rooibos has is that she got stuck in debt with some dragons in Possibility so she tried to run away but they caught up to her. maybe she had been caught and sent to the underground fighting ring, but escaped and thats when the dragons caught her. but they had already seen her venom (they had never caught a rainwing before or smth) and wanted more rainwings in the arena

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

whoa, you guys have been busy (and created an awesome- plot? subplot?). I wonder if we would be able to RP in two threads and still keep this pace...

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

i think it will be okay if we keep rping here if that is ok with everyone else. maybe we can connect the plot lines?

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

@Icarus - sounds great! Who did she get in debt with?

okay, so maybe Datura was sent to capture another Rainwing for the arena before Rooibos had escaped.

Belladonna and Jasmine go to ask the other healer peeps for help figuring out what the venoms are.

More dragon mercenaries show up, a whole small army, and they recapture Rooibos, and subsequently the other Rainwings (Belladonna, Jasmine, Blackberry, Mango, Uakari, etc), forcing them into the arena. I’m thinking that Datura might end up in the arena too, for finding out about that secret and failing in his task so horribly.

@Inkblot - does the above planning sound ok?

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

That all sounds good to me! She got in debt with a family of SandWings, three of them. She had wanted to start her own hospital place so she took a loan from them and didnt make enough money in time

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

Ok, when the dragons are actually IN the arena, I'll post a pov for my character.
  • Posted at:

~Sorrel~

MISTAKES ARE PROOF THAT YOU ARE TRYING

#KevinTheButterfly

#RememberTheLost

#Colorless

IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW FAST YOU ARE GOING, AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT STOP

@Icarus - yee

@Sorrel - so who is your character?

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

@Moonflight: oh yeah

@Sorrel: what Moonflight said

And Passion will go insane...

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

but if we do this the "starts at beginning of SandWing War of Succession" might now make sense

so I'm moving it to... um, one hundred years after Darkstalker is put to sleep "forever"?

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

sounds good to me inkblot! moonflight you wanna do the time skip?

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

*not, might not make sense 

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

@Inkblot - how does it not make sense? I think it makes perfect sense

@Icarus - sure!

Ocotillo/Datura

Slowly, he edged into consciousness, hazy eyes focusing on his restrained talons below him. Wh - what? Ocotillo stared until it dawned on him. Those Rainwings captured me! He pushed against the ropes - actually, vines - easing into them with increasing force, but they held firm. He flicked his ear to check for the earring, but it was missing. They couldn’t have found the pin, Ocotillo reassured himself, but nonetheless he felt an unsettling feeling in the pit of his stomach. He glanced up at the sky, narrowing his eyes at the bright morning sun. It was the middle of night when I first attacked... so that means that it’s been approximately... six? Four? Hours that I was asleep. The poison was designed for a fully grown adult dragon, Ocotillo admitted, but he still felt a bit disappointed that it had taken him so long to wake up.

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Well, the fact that many RainWings know much more about the other tribes than they really knew in THK. The fact that many RainWings are going to get kidnapped. 

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

Belladonna narrowed her eyes as she watched the SandWing wake up. "Morning," she growled. "Why did you attack me?"

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

As the sun rose, casting amber and gold light on the forest floor, RainWings rose from their hammocks and from platforms, out of huts or behind leaves, their scales bursting into colors of all shades. Cheerful calls filled the air as dragons called to their friends and family. 

Blackberry was still asleep,

as was Mango

and Passion.

Uakari was reclining in a hammock and simultaneously spreading the news about the strange dragon unconscious in the healer's hut. Where the sun touched her aching wings, roses spread, slowly turning her scales to shining pink. She lazily watched the dragon she had just told fly totteringly off to tell others. 

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

I know this happened on April 30, but If you see this message, I would like to join your roleplay. I am...

Name: Kelp

Tribe: Sea wings

Description:Green scales with turquoise underside and details.

Family: Unknown- possibly related to Turtle

Quirks/Hobbies: Figuring things out

Dislikes: Fire and dry places

Abilities: Swim, speak aquatic

Powers: Animus magic

• Posted at:

@wingsriding13, of course you can join, but I'm not sure you'll get many chances to use your character, as this roleplay takes place either in the Rainforest or the SandWing kingdom. Then again, you can roleplay in the Scorpion Den when we get there, although I'd appreciate it if your character wasn't an animus, as I don't want things to get too OP. 

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

ok here we go moonflight. what do you mean by pictures??

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

@Inkblot - yeah, but the other dragons don’t know anything about Rainwings.

Ocotillo/Datura

”I attacked you?” He said, feigning surprise. I need to stall.

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

@Icarus - Well, I planned out what the arena would look like, drew a few dragons, etc etc and I wanted to show it to you guys

Jasmine

“Yeah, you did,” she hissed at the Sandwing spitefully, war ruffs flaring. At least my venom works right, Jasmine thought, aware that her scales were still pale green.

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

oooh gotcha! do you have a wikia? we can meet at the Bellman's High wikia chat and u can upload the pictures and send me the links

Belladonna bared her fanged teeth. "We all know what happened. Why?"

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

Welp time to figure out how to upload images to the internet

Ocotillo/Datura

“But what if I don’t remember doing it? Can you prove it?” He asked, eyes darting around to see if there was anything of value, anything that could help him within range.

Jasmine

She opened her mouth to reply, but closed it, glancing at Belladonna. Is this - is this a sort of game? For power? Dominance? We need to be smart.

”Why did you do it?” Jasmine demanded, staring into his eyes.

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Belladonna glared at the SandWing, pondering for a moment. "I can melt away your face at a moment's notice. Why did you attack us?"

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

oh yeah

Hmm, how about 300 years before the SandWing War. Does that work?

And ooh, a wiki!

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

Ocotillo/Datura

“But then I can’t answer your question, can I?” He retorted, spotting the dart they had thrown earlier at the horrifying monkey. It appeared that it had fallen on the jungle floor from earlier, but was too far out of his reach. Not that he even had a reach because of how the vines were tied; his extremities were beginning to tingle.

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Hey soooooo looking for a casual RP I was....um....can I just??? Send in a sheat???? Or??? XD

• Posted at:

**Blossom**

Writer, Dragon Caretaker

Sugilite, Black Lily, Smokewhisper, Rayne, Clearwater, Death Flower, Laelia, Raindancer and Dessirae, Smoke and Ashes

"No way, a tree in a forest?"~My Queen of Sarcasm

Belladonna whipped her tail around, and then tried a softer approach. "Listen, you're not even full grown yet. I don't want to put you in prison. Just tell us why this happened and we'll get you out of it." 

ya you can send in a form or just start! the current plot that we have is that theres an underground arena that everyone's going to end up at soon, including Inkblot's characters. You can maybe start with them and the plots will meet up at the arena!

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

Ocotillo/Datura

“Really? You would do that?” He asked, trying to distract the older Rainwing. The younger one, the green one, was glaring at him suspiciously, although she seemed uneasy.   If I could get them to leave me alone... I could try and stab the vines binding my neck with my horns, then chew off the rest.

Jasmine

She glared at the Sandwing, watching Belladonna out of the corner of her eye. What do I do? What should I do? Jasmine stuck her talon in the dirt and moved it in spirals.

@Inkblot - uh, okay, I guess that sounds fine

@Icarus - when I wrote “war ruffs” in Jasmine’s PoV before this one, I meant “ear ruffs”, oops

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

"That depends on it you cooperate or not!" she snapped, tired of the game. 

• Posted at:

icarus

she/they

~

@Icarus - I have the images if you want to visit BH Chat!

Ocotillo/Datura

"What am I cooperating with?" He asked, trying not to crack a smile. He enjoyed acting clueless, it was a great tactic for infuriating other dragons and avoiding their questions.

Jasmine

"Cooperating with our questions. Why did you attack us?" She growled angrily, standing behind Belladonna.

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

I... don't see you 

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

but am I included in this?... I have a feeling I know, but I didn't want to be rude...

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

1 , , 3 , , 5