The Sign-Up thread is at /324871

Prologue

A figure stepped silently down a lonely stone corridor. She passed by spotless tapestries and expensive knickknacks on display, barely making a sound as she breezed past. She came to a stop at a pair of great wooden doors, and firmly knocked on them, despite her slightly shaking hands.

“You may enter,” echoed a voice from beyond the doorway.

The doors slowly swung open, being dragged by two guards from the inside. The hall beyond was large and exquisitely furnished, and on the opposite side from the silent visitor, on a raised dais, was a golden throne, with the king upon it.

“Your Majesty,” said the mysterious figure, bowing low to the king, her red hair slipping slightly loose from her braid.

“Greetings, Rebel,” said the king, nodding slightly in acknowledgment. “I see you have received my letter.”

Rebel straightened, smoothing her jacket nervously.

“Yes, Your Majesty. You wanted to discuss the triple moon tomorrow?” she asked, a touch of anxiety slipping into her voice.

One of the guards flinched slightly at that, but quickly regained their composure.

“That is correct,” replied the king, “And I wish to speak to you in private.”

He flicked a finger at the guards, who promptly bowed low and swept out of the room, struggling to close the huge doors behind them.

The king started speaking without delay. “Rebel, as you know, the costs of my son’s studies abroad have… not come lightly. We are not the richest kingdom-“

That’s an understatement. Rebel thought. The so-called ‘kingdom’ was barely a town, a few farms, and a castle with walls surrounding them.

“…And so I was forced to raise taxes,” he went on, “and offer to take some of my subjects to a neighboring kingdom to sell their goods. But I am afraid that some of them are not exactly thrilled with the new taxes, and I’ve been questioning the loyalty of the royal guard.”

Rebel flinched, and tried to cover by sweeping her crimson hair back. She was currently one of the most promising guards, at least according to the king when he came by to check on their progress. But most of them had families to care for, and if he raised taxes…

The king droned on, either not noticing or ignoring her involuntary gesture. “So, I have decided to make a new king’s guard, with only Moontouched within its ranks, and for all of them to be paid well. I doubt anyone will wish to leave the king’s guard then. I am calling them The Chosen, and they will be handpicked by me. No one but them will be allowed to gain powers from now on. And with the triple moon drawing near, I needed to find someone to help lead them. And I have chosen…you.”

Rebel was aghast. The king wanted her to lead his new guard? Rebel was about to say that he was wrong, and that it would only make everyone angrier to forbid them from gaining powers, but she held her tongue. Even she had more sense than to argue with the king. But there was a single question burning on her mind that she had to know the answer to.

“But- why me?”

The king seemed to be expecting that answer.

“Because I’ve seen you. You are intelligent, focused, ambitious, and like to challenge yourself, not to mention you pursue perfection. You are good at planning, and hold fast to your beliefs.” He answered calmly.

He had, of course, left out her constant arguing and the fact that she never stuck to her plans.

Rebel still wanted to disagree with his decision, but it was such an opportunity… plus it wouldn’t be smart to argue with the king of all people.

“Fine. When do we start?”

The king hesitated before reluctantly answering, “We will make the announcement before the triple moon celebration starts. You and the other Chosen will make sure no one leaves their homes, and we will be the only triple Moontouched in the kingdom. I have been waiting for the triple moon my whole life…”

The king gazed at the wall as if he see through it, and beyond, into the starry sky.

“Very well. It’s settled then. You will begin training them the day after the triple moon.” He sized her up before adding, “And make sure to train hard yourself. It won’t do to have the head of The Chosen look weaker than The Chosen themselves!”

Rebel laughed nervously, looking down at her slightly thin frame.

“I will.”

The king nodded solemnly, though the twinkle in his eye ruined the effect. “Go on then, you have a lot of training sessions to plan.”

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

We will never be forgotten

for we've all played our parts

and if the memories are erased

they'll still be in our hearts

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Posted at:

N̴̞̼̞̭̼͆̎̑̏́̿̅̏̈́͛̌͌̅ͅͅẹ̴̭̻̜͉̲͓̱̹͊̔͑p̶͚͓̓̆̀̎̎͂̓̋̊̄̕ţ̶̨̭̖̗͈̥̣̬̇̎̉̈́̉̓̈́̆̕u̷̖̮͖̦͇͓͔̹͓̭͓̓̉̅̎̎̊̂̈́͠͠ṋ̴̮̜͖͉̹̳̎̾̌͒̀̍́̇̐̉̚ḛ̷̡̛̼̤̖͍͕͉̹̠̤̟̣͉̏̃̾̀̔̄̚͘

Ⓣⓦⓘⓝ Ⓢⓘⓢⓣⓔⓡ ⓞⓕ Ⓢⓐⓣⓤⓡⓝ

ʍíɾɾօɾ-Եօմϲհ ՏվղҽՏԵհҽԵe

:D

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

yee bookmark

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

There's nothing left to say now

Let's only think about love!

You have opened the yawning grave

α σνєя σƒ муѕтєяумαgι¢, αη∂ αηgѕт!

Nice! Keep up the good work.

Doubt they'll be the only two, though

• Posted at:

>ɮᘿl<

There never waֆ a ǝɔoɥɔ

Why so silent, good Messieurs?

Did you think that I had left you for good?

One day I was walking and I found this big log

...Yes, I'm hiding in a crate. Tickets are expensive.

DCI.

7-8-14||S.O.S.||Knock

Yee bookmarked 

It’s interesting so far, I can’t wait to see how this goes.

• Posted at:

{Hyperbole}

{She/her} 

"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." George Shaw 

Here to the end, and will be there in our new home.

"The forums are not a place, it's a people." Happeh

Awesome!

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

To the Haven for Werewolves, 54 pages, and over 2,100 posts.

:)

Thank you!

I think Fairy, Neptune, and Luana will be in the first chapter.

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

Chapter 1

Fairy cautiously pulled out a cake from the oven, taking care not to burn herself even more than she already had. She carefully slipped the cake onto a plate and slid it down the counter towards Neptune. Neptune payed no heed, still concentrating on frosting another cake a clear, sky blue laced with pink. Fairy swept her brown-and-kind-of-blonde streaked hair into a hasty ponytail, inadvertently smearing batter and flour on it. The bakery was nearly overflowing with cakes for the triple moon celebration, and they had eventually run out of counter space to put them, resorting to putting them on chairs, stools, and pantry shelves. Everyone was pitching in, though maybe they had gone a little overboard with the cakes. Just a little.

The bell jangled cheerfully, and an older girl with tan skin and a braid walked in.

“Hello,” she said, “I, um, thought you might need some of this.”

She held out a small earthen jar, labeled neatly, ‘Burn Salve’.

Neptune finally looked up from her cake, and brushed her wavy golden-brown-tipped-sea-green hair out of the way. As soon as she saw the jar she brightened considerably.

“Thank you, Luana! We’ve been burning our fingers off all day!” Neptune gratefully took the jar and instantly dipped her fingers in the balm, rubbing it on one large red burn in particular.

“Hi. Thanks for the salve.” Fairy said shyly, scooping a bit out of the jar.

Luana smiled. “I’m glad to help!” She dropped her voice a bit before asking, “And… have you heard about the tax raise?”

Neptune looked up from her hands, which she had added so much salve to that it looked like she was wearing translucent gloves.

Apparently noting their confused look, Luana explained, “The king raised taxes again. I think a half the shops might close if he doesn’t stop raising them so high. It’s nearly twice as much as last week.”

Fairy gasped, not even needing to calculate how much that was. “But- the bakery…”

Not much we can do about it, though, mumbled some part of her mind.

Luana hastily tried to change the subject. “Um, how are the cakes for the triple moon celebration coming along?”

“Just fine,” answered Neptune, still rubbing balm all over her reddened hands.

“Oh, nice to hear. I- I think I’ll have to take some of that to Hyperbole and Moonflight.” Luana said, gesturing towards the salve.

Neptune looked longingly at the jar, but handed it to Luana, leaving smears of the pale green lotion on it.

“See you at the celebration, then.” Said Fairy, “I can’t wait till it’s night.”

Luana looked over her shoulder, halfway out the door. “Oh, that’s right, I forgot to tell you. The start of celebration was moved earlier, to sunset.”

“Oh, all right. Thank you, Luana!”

Luana stepped out the door, on her way to the blacksmiths, and the two assistant bakers poured the last of the batter into a cake pan and finished frosting the cakes.

~~~

Raspberry Moonflight stared at the letter in front of her, which must have been sent to the wrong person. The old-fashioned parchment scroll was unrolled on her dining table, with a message that couldn’t possibly be for her.  But her name and address were written in slightly shaky cursive, right there on the outside of the scroll, so who else could it be for?

To Raspberry Moonflight,

You have been handpicked by the king himself to serve in the new king’s guard, with only Moontouched, which will be known as The Chosen. You have been picked because of your strength, honesty, and leadership. I hope you can impress the king well enough to be my second-in-command.

Please respond by the triple moon.

Sincerely,

Rebel Starwings

Raspberry reread the letter. It would be such a good opportunity… Maybe she should join. Even if she was only once Moontouched, she could make up for it in other ways.

She stood up and walked over to a shelf filled with blank parchment, paper, and a few books. She pulled out a small slip of parchment, and carefully wrote her reply.

To Rebel Starwings, or whomever it may concern,

I have recently received your invitation to be in The Chosen, and I have decided to accept your offer.

Sincerely,

Raspberry Moonflight

She signed it with her best handwriting and blew on it to dry. After a bit of time had passed, she rolled it up and sealed it, writing To Rebel Starwings on the outside.

She headed outside to find a messenger.

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

NEPTUNE! This is great!

• Posted at:

N̴̞̼̞̭̼͆̎̑̏́̿̅̏̈́͛̌͌̅ͅͅẹ̴̭̻̜͉̲͓̱̹͊̔͑p̶͚͓̓̆̀̎̎͂̓̋̊̄̕ţ̶̨̭̖̗͈̥̣̬̇̎̉̈́̉̓̈́̆̕u̷̖̮͖̦͇͓͔̹͓̭͓̓̉̅̎̎̊̂̈́͠͠ṋ̴̮̜͖͉̹̳̎̾̌͒̀̍́̇̐̉̚ḛ̷̡̛̼̤̖͍͕͉̹̠̤̟̣͉̏̃̾̀̔̄̚͘

Ⓣⓦⓘⓝ Ⓢⓘⓢⓣⓔⓡ ⓞⓕ Ⓢⓐⓣⓤⓡⓝ

ʍíɾɾօɾ-Եօմϲհ ՏվղҽՏԵհҽԵe

Woo thanks m8

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Each of us bear our own cross

Come and talk to me;  341245 ]

[ | She/her | MN | Since 7/31/17 | ]

Now @ moonflying31   :D

Great chapter!

• Posted at:

{Hyperbole}

{She/her} 

"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." George Shaw 

Nice chapter!

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

Bookmark!

• Posted at:

*Sunstalker*

Everything changed when the Crit nation attacked!!

All hail the vampyre goddess Nyx

Yee! This is great! 

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Triplet with Time and Tiger

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

Technically, good times don't ever end. We'll always remember them, and they'll take a special place in our hearts.

Thank you, I already have the next chapter written, I just need to edit it.

It will be in Neptune's PoV and I will introduce Hyperbole.

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

And one more character...

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

Interesting... 

Also yes, my blacksmith bean needs burn salves (did i spell that right?)

• Posted at:

{Hyperbole}

{She/her} 

Also one part of it will be in Hyperbole's PoV.

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

*salve

• Posted at:

{Hyperbole}

{She/her} 

A Neptune PoV? *hugs Fairydragon* I'M ACTUALLY SO HONOURED! 

• Posted at:

Ⓣⓦⓘⓝ Ⓢⓘⓢⓣⓔⓡ ⓞⓕ Ⓢⓐⓣⓤⓡⓝ

ʍíɾɾօɾ-Եօմϲհ ՏվղҽՏԵհҽԵe

Chapter 2

Music echoed down the village streets and laughter filled the air. It was sunset, and the celebration was starting. Neptune and Fairy were flying back and forth between the bakery and the square, dropping off all the cakes they'd baked earlier. Everyone was wearing their best clothes, and the middle of the square was filled with couples dancing to the music, a few of them even dancing a few feet off the ground. The moon wasn't going to rise for a while longer, but it seemed that everyone had come already. Neptune looked around for familiar faces. She spotted a head of vibrant purple hair come closer through the throng of dancers.

“Hyperbole!” she called out, setting down some pies and running towards her as fast as she could without running anyone over (which wasn't very fast). Hyperbole waved, and shoved through the crowd to go over to her, earning a few looks and glares.

“Hi, Nep!” Hyperbole greeted, having to look up at her despite being older.

“Hi! Are you exited, Hype? It's the triple moon! You can be triple Moontouched!” Neptune burst out, so excited for her that she was nearly floating off the ground.

“I know! Come on, I saw Raspberry somewhere over there,” she said, pointing at the opposite side of the square.

“I’ll see you there!” Neptune said, taking of and weaving through the flying dancers.

She saw Hyperbole pushing back through the crowd, getting more angry looks sent her way.

Neptune saw Raspberry, Hyperbole's assistant blacksmith, sitting on a bench. She landed next to her.

“Hello! Hyperbole should be coming here soon.” Neptune said, sitting down next to Raspberry. She looked a bit troubled.

“Is something wrong?” Neptune warily asked, pursing her lips.

“No, it's fine, thank you.” She answered. Raspberry hesitated, as if she was about to say something, but simply looked at the huge, reddish moon slowly rising over the rooftops. “Well, I actually-“

“The king is here!” Someone's voice rang out.

Everyone stopped to look at the carriage coming down the street, before making way and bowing.

The king, wearing clothes that far outshone everyone else’s, stepped out of the carriage.

“Welcome, ladies and-“he stopped midsentence, realizing that the party had started without him. He was silent for a moment before asking, “Did someone forget to tell me something?”

Some brave person stood up and responded, “Didn’t you hear that the celebration was starting early?”

“Ah, no, I did not,” he said, sounding a bit flustered. “It is fine, everyone can go back to the party. But first, I have an announcement.”

Don't be a tax raise, don't be a tax raise, please don't be a tax raise, Neptune thought, then shut up her brain because there might be mindreaders around.

The king proclaimed, loud and clear, “I have made a new king's guard, with Moontouched only. They will be paid well and will be triple Moontouched, if they have not gotten their powers already. Anyone who wishes to join may stay out here and be triple Moontouched.”

Murmurs rippled through the crowd, and snippets could be heard, such as “Is he saying-“, “What if we don't want to be in his ‘new’ guard, but-“, “This isn't fair!”, “Does this mean-“

“Silence!” the king snapped.

The square went completely quiet, except for the rustle of whatever the wind was playing with now.

Another brave, or perhaps reckless, person yelled, “Boo!”

Someone else threw an apricot at him.

Chaos erupted in the square as the full meaning of his words hit them.

Neptune stood rigid as she watched more people throw splattering fruits and insults at the king as if he was a hated criminal.

The king's face was quite red as he nearly shouted, “Silence! Stop!” He wiped his fancy clothes and yelled, “Those in the new king's guard, which I will call The Chosen, will be triple Moontouched if they haven't already gained their powers. Everyone else will go inside and not come out until morning. The Chosen will take care of that by patrolling until sunrise.”

This sent shouts of outrage hurled at the king, even from some of The Chosen.

Neptune was confused. What was going on? Did the king want to keep anyone but him and The Chosen from being Moontouched? That wasn't fair.

“Raspberry,” Neptune whispered, “what is he talking about?”

Raspberry didn't meet her eyes or answer.

The king continued issuing orders, spitting with rage. “Chosen, patrol till sunrise, and anyone found outside will be taken to the palace for me to deal with. Everyone else, to your homes, now.”

~~

Hyperbole was jostled along by the crowd she had torn through so easily before. Before she knew it she was just a few buildings down from her house, and the streets were nearly deserted. Maybe she could stay out here without anyone noticing. She stood back and tried to think of a way to get on her roof.

“Hey, you! What are you still doing out here?” a voice behind her said.

Hyperbole spun around, and saw someone with two different colored eyes, one silver, one green, and beside him was a big German Shepherd.

She didn't want to mess with that huge dog, and his owner didn't look too friendly either.

“I- I was heading home.” She said hurriedly, and keeping an eye on them, she walked backwards until she passed her house, then ran inside and locked the door.

She opened the window a bit to see him turn and walk the other way, petting his dog as he went.

She looked around, trying to figure out how to be Moontouched without going outside. She couldn't climb onto the roof from the inside, and- wait, she was being silly. She carefully opened the window a crack, watching for a minute to make there was no one outside to see her. When she was satisfied, she opened it almost all the way and let the moonlight in. She looked shoved her bed under the window, right in the moonlight, and lay down, her head spinning with all the things that had happened that evening. The last thing she saw before she fell asleep was the moon, big and red against the black sky scattered with stars.

~~

Rebel had patrolled the silent streets of the village all night, not quite as tired as the other Chosen because she was a night owl anyways. She had enjoyed the quiet, still night, though as soon as she found a bed she planned on sleeping on it all day.

Off to the east, the sky was already turning gray.

She was triple Moontouched now. Not that she felt any different, but she would find out what her powers were right away… once someone managed to wake her up.

~

An hour later…

Rebel stumbled into her room and plopped on her bed, managing to kick one shoe off before falling asleep.

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

Love it! Neptune is perfect! 

• Posted at:

Ⓣⓦⓘⓝ Ⓢⓘⓢⓣⓔⓡ ⓞⓕ Ⓢⓐⓣⓤⓡⓝ

ʍíɾɾօɾ-Եօմϲհ ՏվղҽՏԵհҽԵe

That was great!

#Someoneelsethrewanapricotathim

• Posted at:

*Sunstalker*

Everything changed when the Crit nation attacked!!

All hail the vampyre goddess Nyx

:D

And the next chapter will be in Luana's PoV.

Plus I'll introduce an... important character. 

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

Can't wait!

• Posted at:

Long live the KING

Tomorrow dawns in darkness

Because I could not stop for death

he kindly stopped for me

The carriage held but just ourselves

and immortality

Chapter 3

Luana had stumbled right into her bed upon entering her bedroom, not stopping to do anything else but open the windows, as it was a strangely warm spring night, and fell asleep. Now, Luana woke up to the boisterous shouts of an enraged crowd. Their yells were coming from the rough direction of the town square. Cassandra, her Irish wolfhound pup, was whimpering and hiding under the bed because of the noise. Luana shut all the windows, reducing the sounds considerably, and Cassandra stayed under the bed, but stopped fussing. Luana quickly smoothed her clothes (which she’d slept in), and warily made her way to the town square, closing her door carefully behind her.

As she got close she winced a bit at the force of their loud thoughts bombarding her head.

A black-haired boy who looked to be in his early teens was standing on a bench and yelling a passionate speech to the spectating crowd. “-what else might he do? Build a moat so no one can attack him? Now that he has his Chosen,” he spat, “he can do whatever he sees fit!”

There were a few murmurs of agreement from the group, though Luana couldn’t tell who they were.

Luana spotted Thunderstorm near the back of the crowd. She went over to her side and asked, “What’s going on? Who’s that?”

Thunderstorm glanced at Luana, and answered, “I don’t know. He used to work in one of the farms, helping his dad, but he got accepted into the king’s guard after that.”

Luana frowned. “Do you think he’s right?” she asked, “The king must have his reasons, but… it is pretty unfair.”

Thunderstorm shrugged. “As long as he doesn’t start a war, it should be fine.”

Except that if he gets everyone fired up, there might actually be one, came the thought. Good thing I-

Thunderstorm cut off the train of thought immediately, frantically trying not to think about something, but accidentally thinking of the triple moon, red against the black sky, before forming a mental wall, solid like stone, but with muffled thoughts seeping through.

Luana tried not to listen to those. “Thundy? Is something wrong?”

“No. I’m fine,” Thunderstorm said, shaking her head, but her concerned expression hinted otherwise. “I’ll tell you later.”

Meanwhile the boy seemed to be nearly finished with the speech. “-unless we do something about it! He’s already invited every Moontouched in the kingdom to be in The Chosen!”

At that he pulled out a scroll from his satchel, and unrolled it for everyone to see.

Luana was too far away to read it, but the shouts of the people close enough to told her it wasn’t good.

The boy continued yelling. “And guess how he’s getting the money to pay their high salary! With our taxes! It’s either pay the taxes or join the king’s guard!”

He paused for breath and, almost too quietly for Luana to hear, said, “But there is a third option.”

He rolled up the scroll and put it back in his bag.

“We fight back! We have to show him that being king doesn’t mean that he gets to make all the decisions for us! He has given us no choice but to fight back! Prepare yourselves, because this is WAR!”

~

The rest of the day, people sharpened their weapons and honed their skills, taught each other tricks and practiced using their powers for battle.

It almost looked like war had already come.

Luana didn’t want to see war.

She was a healer, not a warrior.

But the boy in the square had a point.

They had to prepare themselves.

So Luana spent the rest of the day gathering herbs with Gulfstream and making medicine. She had gotten more bandages and restocked everything she could. Every once in a while she had to treat some cuts and bruises, or keep Cassandra from eating the onions.

By now the sun was setting, and Luana was completely exhausted. Just as she finished washing her mortar and pestle, there was a knock on her door.

Luana sighed. “Come in!” she called out.

Thunderstorm stepped inside, closing the door firmly behind her, her expression solemn. Luana noticed that she had formed the mental stone wall again, trying to keep Luana from reading her thoughts.

“Lu, I need to tell you something. Remember in the square when I said I’ll tell you something later?”

Luana nodded. “Yes… What is it? Is it bad?”

Thunderstorm shook her head. “No, nothing too serious,” she said, although “serious” was the word that perfectly described her face.

“Look, the triple moon only happens once every few centuries, and it was such a good opportunity-,”

“You stayed outside?” Luana screeched.

“Shhh! And no, I just opened the window next to my bed.” Thunderstorm replied, peeking through the window to see if anyone had heard.

“But, but, the king-,” she protested.

“It doesn’t matter. It already happened, and it’s not like I can change the past,” Thunderstorm said. “And I’m going to need something for bruises.”

Luana grabbed the jar, and asked, “Why? What are you going to do, jump off your roof to see if you can fly?”

“Well, that does sound pretty dangerous if you put it that way…”

Luana screeched so loud that the whole village probably heard her.

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

I'm obsessed with this.

• Posted at:

Ⓣⓦⓘⓝ Ⓢⓘⓢⓣⓔⓡ ⓞⓕ Ⓢⓐⓣⓤⓡⓝ

ʍíɾɾօɾ-Եօմϲհ ՏվղҽՏԵհҽԵe

O.O

...Really?

Thank you!

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

tHUNDY NO

DON’T JUMP OFF THE ROOF

YOU CAN’T FLY

although she can manipulate winds. Could she maybe fly then? Probably not

good chapter, Fairydragob!

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

This is great!

• Posted at:

Long live the KING

Tomorrow dawns in darkness

Because I could not stop for death

he kindly stopped for me

The carriage held but just ourselves

and immortality

This is fantastic, Fairydragon! Keep up the good work! 

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Triplet with Time and Tiger

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

Technically, good times don't ever end. We'll always remember them, and they'll take a special place in our hearts.

No, but she'd probably slow her fall

Thank you for all the support, it means a lot to me that people like this.

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

That's awesome!

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

To the Haven for Werewolves, 54 pages, and over 2,100 posts.

Ooh, look, spoilers in white ink!

Thunderstorm PoV

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

Chapter 4

“Go!”

Thunderstorm ran, weaving through the trees of the forest and leaping over the underbrush, scaring away all the animals. Good thing they weren’t doing this in the village, or they would have attracted a crowd of people wanting to know who was waking them up so early. To her right, the sun was barely making the eastern sky gray, not yet peeking over the distant mountains. She pushed herself to run faster, but everything seemed to go by at its normal pace.

Thunderstorm circled back, disappointment already creeping in. “How did I do?”

Luana, sitting on a rock with Cassandra beside her, answered, “You didn’t seem to be running any faster than usual…”

Thunderstorm shrugged. “I didn’t feel faster than usual, either. What’s next?”

~

Five tests and several doses of Luana’s bruise-soothing cream later, Thunderstorm couldn’t shapeshift, float a rock, lift a boulder or fly.

“Maybe we should go back,” Luana suggested. “The sun rose a while ago, and I should be getting back to make more of that cream.”

Thunderstorm handed Luana the nearly empty jar guiltily. “At least I didn’t jump off the roof.”

Taking the jar back, Luana teasingly said, “If you had, maybe I would have-,”

Suddenly Luana’s words were drowned out by angry yells, and Thunderstorm felt like someone had thrown a rock at her head. She heard swords clashing, and more screams, but this time of agony. A click, like that of a lock, was somehow heard above all the yelling. And one more voice, this one familiar, yelling, “No!”

And then it was all gone and Thunderstorm found that she was curled up on the forest floor with Luana worriedly hovering over her.

“You’re okay, you’re okay, none of that is real,” Luana said comfortingly.

Thunderstorm shook off her receding headache, still shaken.

“Yes, it is. Or it will be,” she said, somehow certain of it. “We- we have to warn everyone, I think the king is going to order The Chosen to fight soon-,”

Luana shook her head, saying, “But what if warning them is what causes it?”

Thunderstorm was aware on some level that she had precognition now, but she was too busy worrying to fully register it. “Fine. We’ll- we’ll tell them that there might be an attack and to be ready, but not make the first move yet.”

Luana still looked worried, but said, “Okay. Let’s go, I think it was during an afternoon, and if it’s today we don’t have much time.”

~~

The Chosen had spent the whole day training.

Rebel had made them all do dozens of push-ups and sprints, and had them practice their fighting, either with weapons or their powers.

It was clear she was exhausted, but was trying to hide it.

Now she had them paired up to practice against a real opponent, and Sunstalker had ended up with her, since he was two years younger but stronger.

“Take any openings and pretend this is a real sword,” Rebel instructed, then jabbed a wooden sword at his shoulder.

Sunstalker dodged, and used his own fake sword to try stabbing her stomach, but she twirled out of the way and threw another blow at his shoulder. Sunstalker rapidly whirled away, but felt it brush roughly against his arm. He overbalanced, and quickly spun around to land on his back, intending to sweep his leg and trip her, but she was gone. He frowned, getting to his feet and looking around.

“What are you doing? Don’t stand still too long in a fight or your opponent might attack!” Rebel’s voice said from nearby.

Sunstalker whipped around in the direction of her voice, holding his sword at the ready, but he still didn’t see her.

Rebel sounded a bit more worried now. “Sunstalker? What’s wrong?”

Still frowning, he asked, “Where are you?”

“What do you mean? I’m right here.”

Growing uneasy, but with an idea of what was going on, he said, “Look down.”

“Why? I’m-,” her sword materialized out of nowhere and clattered to the ground. “Oh. I’m invisible. Nice.”

She flickered back into view, picked up her sword, and promptly disappeared again.

“Invisibility. Pretty nice power to have.”

She was silent for a moment, then Sunstalker was knocked down, and Rebel was sitting on top of him, tapping his back (none too gently) with the wooden sword.

Grinning, she said, “I win.”

~~

A lone figure, writing a letter.

The quill they used, making soft scratching noises as they wrote.

The sunlight, illuminating the desk the letter was being written on.

A small sigh from the king, as he signed the scroll and left it to dry.

The king. That was the only thing anyone called him these days. It seemed that everyone had forgotten his name, that they had forgotten that he was a normal person who happened to be born into royalty, instead of simply a figure of power who made what seemed to be bad decisions.

The king- William the Third, though no one called him that – sat up, and headed towards the dining room.

He walked through the halls, empty except for the occasional guard.

The castle felt lonelier these days, ever since his son had gone study abroad. There was no one he could talk to as a friend, an equal.

Whenever he attempted to have a conversation with one of the guards, they’d give him strange looks, as if he had just declared that he was secretly a purple bobcat made of corn.

Hopefully today would be different.

A dinner with The Chosen, to get to know them better (and evaluate their progress, though he wouldn’t tell them that).

What could go wrong?

As the king neared the dining hall, he tried not to imagine all the terrible possibilities.

o

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

Why is that in such a big font and why does it have an "o" at the bottom

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

That's fabulous!

• Posted at:

Ⓣⓦⓘⓝ Ⓢⓘⓢⓣⓔⓡ ⓞⓕ Ⓢⓐⓣⓤⓡⓝ

ʍíɾɾօɾ-Եօմϲհ ՏվղҽՏԵհҽԵe

Oh. Oh wow.

This is beautiful.

(And I'm really looking forwrd to seeing you develop the characters!)

• Posted at:

-ᏕᎧᏬᏝᏕᎧᏁᎶ-*Fallen*

{I Identify as a Child of God!}

Want to see a disappearing trick? I call it hiatus!

Proud Christian

Jesus, I praise your name

You fill me in every way

So it's you that I will raise

Until I end my days

oooh yes

future vision

great chapter!

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS