I love it! 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Luana

Catholic 

To the Haven for Werewolves, 54 pages, and over 2,100 posts.

This is so cool! I can’t wait for my caracter to come in! Great job!

• Posted at:

Wolf

Call me Wolf,

The lord of fire;

Above of all my kin,

Nobody living could be higher.

The power flowing in me

Is like the sea around a coral:

They're numbered to infinity

This is what you’d call it: innumerable 

Just wait until you read the next one...

@Wolf

Should I still use Benjamin, or do you want me to change his name to Wolf?

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

We will never be forgotten

for we've all played our parts

and if the memories are erased

they'll still be in our hearts

Oh, and this one is going to be twice as long as the others, so watch out for the wall of text.

Also @Wolf

You're in the next chapter!

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

Why am I forgetting so many things

Maybe because it's 4:30 and you should be going to sleep.

GO BACK TO THE HOMETHREAD, BRAVEHEART!

@Wolf

You also haven't chosen a power.

(From Shapeshifting (either kind) or Superspeed)

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

Ok, so I choose, umm,animal shapeshifting.My known animal can be maybe a bee wasp.And you can still call me by my old siggy.

• Posted at:

Wolf

Call me Wolf,

The lord of fire;

Above of all my kin,

Nobody living could be higher.

The power flowing in me

Is like the sea around a coral:

They're numbered to infinity

This is what you’d call it: innumerable 

Okay, thank you!

Chapter 5

Forge, anneal, grind, harden, temper.

Forge, anneal, grind, harden-

Hyperbole carefully dipped a hot, glowing orange sword into the quenching tank.

She was nearly finished tempering the sword, and as exhausted as she was, she still had to make at least ten more.

It seemed nearly everyone suddenly wanted new weapons and new armor.

Especially ever since Luana and Thunderstorm had said that there was going to be an all-out battle soon. It was even more unnerving that they refused to say where they got the information.

Hyperbole suspected Thunderstorm was Moontouched, and had sneaked out somehow, or simply opened a window like she had.

A familiar voice interrupted her thoughts. “How many more to go?” Raspberry had been forging another sword, strangely quiet throughout the morning. Any attempt Hyperbole made at conversation had failed. She’d barely said a word to her since… Since the triple moon. Hyperbole realized. Is she hiding something? She couldn’t be Moontouched, since she already got her powers, but maybe she saw someone else…

“Could you tell me how many more to go, please?” Raspberry asked again, pausing her clanging so she could be heard better.

Hyperbole snapped out of her small reverie. “Only about ten,” she sighed.

“Okay,” Raspberry responded, weariness edging her voice. “Thank you.” And then she went back to making a racket that could be heard from the other side of the village.

~

Raspberry kept pounding on the half-forged sword, her sore muscles complaining.

But right now, that was the least of her problems.

Inside, her thoughts were all chaos and tumult.

Everything said that it had really happened, that it was real.

Her mind screamed that it couldn’t possibly have been, that it was all a dream.

Yet… she clearly remembered it.

Coming home one day, going about things as usual, and then… doing something everyone thought impossible.

Across from her, Hyperbole was heating another sword, getting it ready for the quenching pool. “We should go visit Luana later and see if she has more of that cream,” she commented, stretching her arm a bit.

“Oh- um, sure.”

The mention of Luana reminded her that there might be mind readers around, so she imagined a thick stone wall guarding all her thoughts. She wasn’t sure it worked, but it seemed to (or at least the mind readers acted like it). Better safe than sorry.

This secret could change the world.

~~~

King carefully stitched together a thick leather glove, not unlike the ones he always wore.

But these weren’t for himself.

Ever since Thunderstorm and Luana had told everyone of battle, orders had come pouring in.

Thick gloves, boots, and vests were the most sought after, and the blacksmiths were probably flooded with requests for swords and armor.

A jangle from the bell above the door reminded him of the many orders still needing to be filled.

King looked up from his half-stitched glove, just in time to see a young, but solemn-looking boy step in.

“Hello. What do you need?”

The boy’s face was obscured by his cloak’s hood, but his voice was clear as he said, “A pair of sturdy gloves.”

“Sorry, I’m all out. There’s a three day’s wait for them. But I can put you in my little waiting list, if you like.” He pointed at a scroll on a small shelf housing fabrics. The scroll was roughly four hand-lengths long, though some orders had been crossed off at the top.

He thought he saw something in the young stranger’s face, but the cloak hid it. He couldn’t tell if it was surprise, or maybe frustration. The only thing he said was, “Fine.”

~

After having him measured (the tailor wasn’t very happy to be interrupted in the middle of an elaborate cloak), King wrote down his order and measurements, before asking, “What’s your name again?”

He seemed to scowl, but it was hard to tell. “Benjamin Flamethrower.”

“All right, Benjamin, please come back in three or four days, and we’ll hopefully have them done by then.”

As he left, King found himself wondering why he hadn’t seen him before. There weren’t many visitors, and when there were, they were usually royals visiting the king for discussing important matters and such.

But something about him was vaguely familiar, though he couldn’t tell what it was.

Where have I met you before?

~~~

The king listened to the report, disbelief and surprise mixing together. “Attacking? Are you sure?”

“Well… No, not really. But they seem to be preparing to. The blacksmiths are overflowing with orders for weapons and armor, and Luana is stockpiling cures and remedies. People are sparring and teaching each other how to fight.”

“We can’t afford a war within our kingdom!” the king worriedly exclaimed.

The figure in front of him bluntly pointed out, “If they’re going to attack anyways, you might as well make the first move and catch them unawares.”

The king raked his fingers through his dark brown hair. “I’d hate to do it, but it seems you’re right. Gather the Chosen. Tell them I have an important announcement.”

The mysterious person bowed. “Yes, Your Highness.”

And Sunstalker quickly swept out of the room.

~~~

Hyperbole was growing more suspicious of Raspberry, but she couldn’t figure out what she was up to. Her suspicion grew deeper when she said she was going to get that cream from Luana, leaving her sword half-done.

Half an hour passed.

Hype continued to forge, grind, harden and temper swords (annealing is just letting them gradually cool off), growing more worried as the minutes went by.

By now she’d moved on to smaller swords and daggers.

Raspberry Moonflight, what are you up to?

People came and went, picking up their weapons or asking for some more.

The sun reached its zenith and started dipping back down.

Hyperbole longed to go outside into the clear, clean air, to take a break from her exhausting work. She wanted to try out her new powers. She had shapeshifting. She could just turn into an insect and fly after Raspberry, or roam the beautiful sky. But she had work to do, and no one to take care of it while she was gone.

She sighed, and went back to work.

Forge, anneal, grind, harden, temper…

~~~

That afternoon…

Gulfstream kneeled by a chamomile patch, picking flowers to take back to Luana. It was a wonder the flowers still survived there, considering the amount she used. Her pet cat, Ruthie, sat next to her, purring loudly and rubbing her black pelt against Gulfstream’s leg.

Gulfstream chuckled, petting her. “No more catnip for now. I need to save some for Luana.”

Ruthie tilted her head and gave her a look that probably meant Please! If you give me some I won’t scratch the front door! but just ended up making her look confused.

Suddenly she leaped onto her feet, ears perked, and bounded towards the village. She looked back as if to say Follow me!

Getting up, Gulfstream said, “Not yet, I still need some lavender and-,” She was suddenly cut off as Ruthie came back and started butting her leg, again in the direction of the village, and ran off towards it.

“Wait! Come back!” Gulfstream ran after her cat, still holding her basket of flowers.

~

As she approached, she realized people were shouting. She couldn’t make out what they were saying, but she thought she heard someone say “attack” and “chosen”.

Ruthie slowed near the edge of the village. She’d gone around it, so they were standing not far from the wide, dirt road leading to the castle.

Where The Chosen were marching towards the village.

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Posted at:

N̴̞̼̞̭̼͆̎̑̏́̿̅̏̈́͛̌͌̅ͅͅẹ̴̭̻̜͉̲͓̱̹͊̔͑p̶͚͓̓̆̀̎̎͂̓̋̊̄̕ţ̶̨̭̖̗͈̥̣̬̇̎̉̈́̉̓̈́̆̕u̷̖̮͖̦͇͓͔̹͓̭͓̓̉̅̎̎̊̂̈́͠͠ṋ̴̮̜͖͉̹̳̎̾̌͒̀̍́̇̐̉̚ḛ̷̡̛̼̤̖͍͕͉̹̠̤̟̣͉̏̃̾̀̔̄̚͘

Ⓣⓦⓘⓝ Ⓢⓘⓢⓣⓔⓡ ⓞⓕ Ⓢⓐⓣⓤⓡⓝ

ʍíɾɾօɾ-Եօմϲհ ՏվղҽՏԵհҽԵe

Oh no, my bead is an infinite cycle of 'Forge, anneal, grind, harden, temper' 

#LetHyperboleHaveADayOff 

lol but just imagine how many blisters I have. 

• Posted at:

{Hyperbole}

{She/her} 

"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." George Shaw 

Here to the end, and will be there in our new home.

"The forums are not a place, it's a people." Happeh

Very nice

• Posted at:

Long live the KING

Tomorrow dawns in darkness

Because I could not stop for death

he kindly stopped for me

The carriage held but just ourselves

and immortality

I like it.

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

What do I know???? The possibilities are endless

• Posted at:

Moonflight

⸺⸻⸺•+•⸺⸻⸺

Each of us bear our own cross

Come and talk to me;  341245 ]

[ | She/her | MN | Since 7/31/17 | ]

Now @ moonflying31   :D

Interesting.

• Posted at:

*Sunstalker*

Everything changed when the Crit nation attacked!!

All hail the vampyre goddess Nyx

Chapter Six

A callused hand unsheathed a sword, and gave it a few well-practiced swings. Fury was lending the wielder extra power and strength, though affecting his accuracy.

If the king wants a fight, I’ll give him one.

There wasn’t much time.

The Chosen were already coming, and the village was woefully unprepared.

Many of them had never even held a sword in their lives, and though the majority of the villagers were against the king, not many were willing to charge into battle.

He’d prepared them as well as he could, but it wouldn’t be enough.

It doesn’t matter. I’m going even no one else will. The king was never one for killing anyways, and if I’m captured I’ll find some way to escape.

Sliding the sword back into its sheath, he made his way through the unfamiliar streets of the village, in the rough direction of the castle.

He took several deep breaths, preparing himself for what was to come.

~~~

Fairy angrily kneaded the lump of dough in front of her, frustration making her use more force than necessary.

Battle was coming, maybe already raging.

People would most likely get hurt, or maybe even killed.

But she was stuck here, unable to help.

Not that she’d be much help in battle anyway. She’d never even held a weapon before, unless a rolling pin counted. She tried shaking her anger off, but it stuck to her like flour on a wet surface.

Next to her, Neptune was probably feeling the same way.

She hadn’t even tried to crack a joke to lighten to mood. Instead, she was cracking eggs, her frustration evident as she hit one with so much force it nearly shattered in her hand.

Neptune had wanted to fight or scout ahead or at least blow some fierce gales at The Chosen, but she had been turned down, on the account of being too “young and inexperienced”.

Fairy knew Neptune would keep stubbornly trying to help somehow, and even if the prospect of it seemed a bit scary, Fairy wanted to do so too.

~~~

Rebel readjusted her grip on her sword, sweat making it harder to grasp.

Her stomach twisted nervously as she led The Chosen to the village.

Part of her was proud, though a bit anxious, of the idea that her of all people had somehow gotten the honor and responsibility of leading The Chosen into battle.

But a small part of her was scared, maybe even a bit ashamed.

Although she was in The Chosen – Head Chosen, no less-, and it was a great honor to be leading them, she couldn’t help but remember the many years she’d spent living there, walking the streets, visiting the bakery for bread and occasionally pies or cookies, coming by the tailor’s for new clothing, and even the blacksmith’s for her sword when she was accepted into the old king’s guard.

The other Chosen beside her were obviously feeling the same way.

The only one who seemed unaffected was Sunstalker, but then again, he was probably from another kingdom, considering she hadn’t met him until recently.

Something about him made Rebel feel slightly uncomfortable, like he was a snake behind her, coiled up and waiting to strike, a danger she was unable to see.

Rebel had made him her second-in-command, mostly because he had lots of experience, but also because the king seemed to be dropping small hints every now and then.

Personally, Rebel would have chosen Raspberry, but although she could handle a sword just as well as nearly anyone in The Chosen, she was “a few years too young”, and frankly, Sunstalker was a better leader and fighter.

Rebel tried to even out her shallow breathing, tried to calm herself.

She was marching headfirst towards an opportunity she would never have dreamed of, and everything had to go perfectly.

~

Unfortunately, things started going wrong even before they set foot on the dusty streets.

Someone had seen them coming and the news had spread faster than the wind blowing through the alleys and past the buildings (They hadn’t exactly chosen the most inconspicuous route).

Rebel’s heart sank as she saw the small, ragtag group of people defending the main road to the village. They weren’t many, and they weren’t exactly great fighters, but they were determined and fury gleamed in their eyes.

The Chosen, on the other hand, though well trained and outnumbering them, were unsure and maybe having second thoughts.

She felt even less sure of herself as she scanned their faces. She recognized many of them, and a few had been in the old king’s guard. One of them, who looked familiar but who’s name she couldn’t place, was in front, apparently leading the group.

She took in a shuddering breath, trying unsuccessfully to calm herself.

The battle was about to begin.

~~~

Thunderstorm examined the scene, worry creasing her features.

“This isn’t right,” Luana said beside her. “There were more of them in your vision.”

She was right.

Thunderstorm had seen more people on both sides, and the battle she had seen had waged nearer to the castle.

“Maybe something we did changed it.” Thunderstorm suggested hopefully, clutching Rain to her chest, a bit tighter than she should have, making Rain struggle and wiggle fiercely. “Maybe we prevented something worse from happening.”

Luana shrugged. “Maybe.” She said, though she sounded unsure. “We’ll have to wait and see.”

~~~

Hyperbole forged a stubbornly resilient sword, her loud clanging drowning out any other noise.

Her mind was whirring with unanswered questions about Raspberry, wondering if something had happened to her, and if it had to do with why she’d been acting so strange earlier.

It seemed unlikely that something had happened without Hyperbole hearing. In the village, news usually spread faster than floodwater. Plus, everyone knew nearly everybody else. No one she knew of had a reputation for doing anything bad.

The fire flared higher as Hyperbole got more worried and frustrated. Over the past few days, she’d found that she could control fire, though “control” was hardly the right term. It had been easy to find out, as she worked with fire nearly all day. The only thing she’d managed to do, though, was make it flare higher when she got frustrated. Her other powers remained a mystery.

The edges of her vision blurred a bit.

Fuzzily, she thought, Did I make the fire burn too much? Maybe the smoke is filling the room faster than I realized.

She began to feel a bit dizzy and light-headed.

Oh no, don’t pass out, don’t pass out!

She paused her forging and looked up, the individual bricks in the stone wall blurring together.

She was about to get up and go outside for fresh air, but before she could, she saw a lowered face against the hazy image of the wall. Young, female, and a lot like- Luana!

The image of Luana looked up and asked, “Why me?”

Then slowly the image and the blurriness faded away, leaving Hyperbole muddled and confused.

What just happened?

~~~

Swampy wiped the bar with an old, worn rag.

I wonder why it’s so quiet outside…

All sounds had quieted, aside from the birds still singing.

Sighing, she pushed the rag aside and started to put away the cups that had gradually drip-dried overnight. She reached out for the first one, and then… The glass cup started floating gently towards her outstretched hand.

Shocked, she gasped and pulled her hand back, taking a step backwards as she did. The cup dropped to the wooden floor and shattered.

That…That couldn’t have just happened…

The shards of glass lay there, quite solidly and realistically.

But- but I closed the curtains and- and I even tied them down-

The broken remains of the cup stayed there.

Swampy shook her head, disbelieving. She must be dreaming. She pinched herself, only managing to give herself a small sting of pain.

The cracked glass of the cup still in front of her looked up innocently.

Swampy spun around and raced towards the broom closet, hoping she’d somehow wake up and find that nothing had happened, everything was normal, and she hadn’t just accidentally defied a direct order from the king.

She slammed open the door and fixed her eyes on the broom. Reaching out tentatively, she brushed her fingertips against the handle- and the broom leaped into her hand.

She stifled a scream, clutching the broom’s handle in a white-knuckled grip.

But- but how?

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

Wow, that went through in less than a minute!

Thank you, mods!

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

Yes. Just yes. Crack those eggs like you mean it, Nep! 

• Posted at:

N̴̞̼̞̭̼͆̎̑̏́̿̅̏̈́͛̌͌̅ͅͅẹ̴̭̻̜͉̲͓̱̹͊̔͑p̶͚͓̓̆̀̎̎͂̓̋̊̄̕ţ̶̨̭̖̗͈̥̣̬̇̎̉̈́̉̓̈́̆̕u̷̖̮͖̦͇͓͔̹͓̭͓̓̉̅̎̎̊̂̈́͠͠ṋ̴̮̜͖͉̹̳̎̾̌͒̀̍́̇̐̉̚ḛ̷̡̛̼̤̖͍͕͉̹̠̤̟̣͉̏̃̾̀̔̄̚͘

Ⓣⓦⓘⓝ Ⓢⓘⓢⓣⓔⓡ ⓞⓕ Ⓢⓐⓣⓤⓡⓝ

ʍíɾɾօɾ-Եօմϲհ ՏվղҽՏԵհҽԵe

Bookmark, I kept seeing this around and I thought I signed up, turns out I didn't XD just submitted a form :)

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Friendly Neighborhood Fangirl

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

I’m really going to miss the forums. I love all of you! Please find me on homebase! My user is the same!

Nice chapter!

Offhand note, I just realized the irony of Rebel leading the Chosen. I mean, her names Rebel, and she's leading the people not rebelling and trying to squish the rebellion...

• Posted at:

>ɮᘿl<

There never waֆ a ǝɔoɥɔ

Why so silent, good Messieurs?

Did you think that I had left you for good?

One day I was walking and I found this big log

...Yes, I'm hiding in a crate. Tickets are expensive.

DCI.

7-8-14||S.O.S.||Knock

It is very ironic. XD

(Um, I also forgot Hype knew about her shapeshifting, so ignore the "Her other powers remained a mystery." sentence, please)

(Might also double post)

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

Oof. Is something bad going to happen to me?

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

Uhm...

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

This is Awesome! And @King, could MT!Reading have a crush on your character?

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

I’m really going to miss the forums. I love all of you! Please find me on homebase! My user is the same!

@Reading, sure, if Fairydragon's okay with it.

• Posted at:

Long live the KING

he kindly stopped for me

and immortality

Hmm, change of plans...

Of course!

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

Rebookmark

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

I just read through the entire thread, and I'm excited for the new chapter. 

• Posted at:

>^-^<~кitςt~>^-^<

They/She/Ne/Xe/Cat

Dragon/Human/Cat/Candy

Quintuplets with Dellow, Quartz, Daisy, and Ellysia

I'm a Lesbian. Hi "

Act like the Candy Bar you Are!" -KitCat 8/1/18

Up

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

Things are starting to get interesting...

(And if my writing style has changed a bit (especially starting during Raspberry's PoV), it's probably because I've been reading a specific HP fanfic, and I subconsciously use other people's writing style if I read a lot of their work)

EVERYTHING (by which I mean the new powers) HAS BEEN RANDOMLY GENERATED!

Chapter 7

Neptune was known to be a very stubborn person, and frankly, this reputation had been earned. Once she made up her mind, there was no talking her out of it, and Neptune had made up her mind to fight. She could take care of herself.

Well, hopefully she would, once she learned to fight.

She just needed to learn how, to have someone teach her and show her how to properly train and use her skills. Someone who wouldn't say she was too “young and inexperienced”.

And she knew just who to go to…

~

Neptune had heard of a boy who had been in the king's guard, the old one, who was ten times as headstrong as she was and had a will made of forged steel. He'd dropped out from it and helped create the revolution after the king had made his devastating announcement, that fateful evening in the town square.

He wasn't all that much older than her, so he as much more likely to help.

Neptune strode quickly and confidently through the rough cobblestone streets of the village, heading towards the outskirts, and from there, a large farm.

~

It wasn't a long walk, just over fifteen minutes. The farm had fields sporting several different crops, most of them barely sprouting. Not too far off in the distance, to the east, there was a barn, a small stable, and an even smaller house, which Neptune was aiming for. She could hear a dog barking loudly somewhere, but it sounded distant, so she payed no mind.

When Neptune got there, she saw the dog causing the racket barking cheerfully at the edge of the yard, tail wagging, and its front paws resting on top of the wooden fence.

“Hello, there!” she greeted the dog, somewhat warily. The dog was rather big, and seemed to be a husky. “You won't mind if I just come over to the porch, will you?”

The dog simply panted, showing its sharp white teeth, and continued wagging its white-tipped black tail.

It seems friendly...

Neptune took a few cautious steps forward and let the dog smell her hand. The dog took a few short sniffs and immediately licked it.

“Ew, gross.” She wiped her hand on her simple sea-green dress, trying to get the slobber off.

Neptune carefully reached over the gate and unlocked it, then pushed it and slipped in quickly before the dog could get out, locking it shut behind her.

The dog pushed off the fence and trotted after her as she stepped over to the porch and knocked on the door.

A tanned man who seemed to be in his forties opened the door, looking disgruntled.

“What do you want?” he demanded, gruffly but not unkind.

Neptune smiled, hoping to get on his good side, and said “I came to see your son, Andre Clarke.”

~~~

Raspberry huddled in the corner of her bed, wrapping her soft blanket tightly around herself.

Make it go away, make it go away, make it didn't happen-

~

Earlier:

Raspberry ran, as soon as she'd been far enough from the smithy she'd taken off as fast as her legs could take her, it would only attract attention but she had to get away, she had to go before she accidentally let something show, let something slip-

She barreled into her house and quickly locked everything, all the windows were shut and the curtains drawn, the chimney had the damper tightly in place, there was no way anyone could see, unless-

Another burst of adrenaline hit her, and she rushed to her bedroom, which was conveniently placed in the center of the building, and locked the door, even if someone could see through walls they hopefully couldn't see through two-

Finally, she dropped on her bed, nearly squashing Grace, one of her cats, who leaped out of the way and hissed angrily at her, then dove underneath the bed.

Finally, she let all her masks and barriers fall, mentally exhausted from keeping them up all day.

That had been close, much too close, she could have sworn she had started feeling lighter even as she held the heavy hammer she was forging with, even as she ran through the streets, what if someone had seen-

In fact, she still felt lighter, lighter and lighter, as her weight seemed to diminish and she started to float-

She gripped the headboard tightly, making herself tip over and start floating nearly upside-down.

No, no, no, no, no! I'm a rock, I'm a rock, I don't float, I stay solidly on the ground-

Slowly Raspberry sank back down, and at the last moment dropped completely on the floor, bruising her knees, but she didn't care, the physical impossibility of what had just happened was overwhelming her mind.

~

Make it go away, make it go away, make it didn't happen-

And so Raspberry Moonflight was hiding in her room, and didn't notice when the first clangs of metal started, the sounds of a fight, and was instead facing a horrified realization.

Raspberry was already once Moontouched, blessed with the power of going back in time. Once you were Moontouched you couldn't get any more powers. It was as simple as that.

So logically, there was no way she should be able to float off the ground, or fly into a wall, or defy gravity in any way whatsoever.

Reality, it seemed, was having trouble remembering its own rules.

Basic, simple, rules such as, say, “Raspberry Moonflight is already once Moontouched and so she can't have gained flight for no reason, or any reason at all.”

And if someone found out about this, then, then-

Well, actually, she didn't know what would happen. She wasn't a future-seer. Or was she…?

No, probably not.

But common sense told her it probably wasn't good.

If she could even trust her common sense, as it was telling her she shouldn't be able to fly even as she crashed into her ceiling.

She sighed.

I wonder if anyone else has had their life knotted and tangled beyond reason recently...

~~~

Swampy felt like she'd had her life knotted and tangled beyond reason.

This simply wasn't possible.

Yes, it is, her mind argued, you probably left the window open, and the wind blew the curtains.

Swampy paced around the bar nervously, wondering why her life had gone so wrong.

I don't care if it's supposed to be possible anymore, figure out some way to keep anyone from finding out about this, especially the king, she told her brain.

You have basically zero experience controlling any of your powers, which you only know one, out of possibly three, of, her brain argued back. If you're going to overload me with any more of your unreasonably impossible problems, I'm moving out of your skull and to the western kingdom.

Oh, stop saying that, I already know that's an empty threat- wait, why am I arguing with myself?

Maybe because you're going insane? Her brain helpfully suggested.

Swampy then squashed any concept of her brain having a different personality and interests than her, because her brain was who she was, and therefore it was impossible to argue with her brain.

Back to the point. How do I keep anyone from finding out about this?

Her brain declared, I quit.

No, you do not- I'm arguing with myself again.

Swampy sighed and tried puzzling out her problem, wondering if anyone else has had their life knotted and tangled beyond reason recently.

~~~

Luana vaguely wondered why her life was suddenly knotted and tangled beyond reason.

If you had been watching, you'd have seen a lone girl sweeping the shattered remains of a porcelain jar.

Luana had picked the small jar up gently, like she always did with her more fragile containers, but it had still shattered as soon as she'd picked it up.

She'd been restocking again, as she had been the past few days. The remedies went almost as fast as they came, and Luana was having trouble catching up with the speed. Now she'd be slowed down even further, being forced to be extra careful or else break every jar.

She'd felt the broom handle splinter slightly with her grip when she'd first picked it up, and she hadn't even been holding it very tightly.

She'd actually made someone shout out in pain when she'd applied some balm, and that, she had also done rather gently.

What is going on?

Luana wondered if anyone else had had their life knotted and tangled beyond reason recently.

~~~

Benjamin felt like his life had been knotted and tangled beyond reason.

He wondered if his family would be able to solve the problem, if they were here.

Almost imperceptibly, the temperature around him dropped slightly.

He pulled his cloak tighter around him, his hood hiding some of his features.

Benjamin had been stalking an unsuspecting creature silently, not making a sound after years of practice.

He'd expected the hunt to go well, but not this well.

At the last moment, just before he'd shot his arrow, it had looked, not at him, but past him, beyond him, like he wasn't even there…

Benjamin wondered if anyone else has had their life knotted and tangled beyond reason recently.

~~~

Sunstalker did not feel like his life had been knotted and tangled beyond reason.

He was, in fact, rather enjoying himself.

He'd been exhausted, though he didn't admit it, after The Chosen’s last training session.

So exhausted, that he had dropped his mental barriers for just a moment.

Just a moment.

He'd pulled them back up immediately afterwards, of course, but not before he'd heard some very interesting things.

Sunstalker chuckled quietly to himself.

Who knew mind reading could be so interesting?

He had all his mental stone walls down now, for that was the only way he could hear those very interesting things.

And no one would ever suspect, that Sunstalker Jalcoro, once Moontouched, was now apparently twice Moontouched.

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

Up.

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

Bumping so more can see this

• Posted at:

Long live the KING

he kindly stopped for me

and immortality

m

• Posted at:

*Sunstalker*

Everything changed when the Crit nation attacked!!

All hail the vampyre goddess Nyx

Great chapter! 

• Posted at:

>^-^<~кitςt~>^-^<

They/She/Ne/Xe/Cat

Dragon/Human/Cat/Candy

Quintuplets with Dellow, Quartz, Daisy, and Ellysia

I'm a Lesbian. Hi "

Act like the Candy Bar you Are!" -KitCat 8/1/18

hgjjjjjfjghjgjfgfjgjhjh

Thank you, I mostly just gave up after the first bump and thought no one had responded I only came to post the next chapter XD

(And there's a reasonable explanation for all of this, I promise. I tried foreshadowing... XD)

Here's the next chapter! and some geography lessons

Chapter 8

Rose felt her heart pound loudly in her chest, burning fiercely like someone had set it on fire.

“The Chosen are attacking!”

Those words had been shouted, panicked and afraid, just a few moments ago.

The shouts had arisen, the clatter of metal had rang out, and the few brave villagers who had dared to stand against The Chosen publicly had gathered at the beginning of the main road, trying hopelessly to defend against them though they were outnumbered.

She hadn't heard the first clangs of swords hitting each other yet, or any screams of pain, but maybe that was because everything was still and silent, all the birds and insects suspended in midair, every living thing frozen in place.

And maybe everything had been encased in its stillness by Rose.

Stopping time would give her a little extra, um, time to think.

Rose stood in her little pocket of time, still stuck mid-step, a small pile of books in her arms.

What do I do, what do I do?

Battle was starting soon, and that might escalate into a full-on war.

What would happen if the kingdom started infighting? The neighboring kingdoms would take advantage for sure, and where would that leave them? The northern kingdom was most likely to try invading, with its large size and strong population. The southern kingdom might try too, and though they weren't very strong, their people were quick and clever.

This had to stop, couldn't anyone see that?

But just one girl, trying to stop a war…

What can I do?

~~~

The king buried his head in his hands, running his fingers through his dark brown hair (he didn't usually bother with crowns. They were rather bothersome). He was barely even listening to the person in front of him, as he was still worriedly thinking of his kingdom, and how doomed they all were.

The desk separating him from his visitor was covered with a large map of the kingdom its neighbors, small pieces of crumpled and wrinkled parchment covered with hastily scribbled notes or half-smudged drawings and diagrams littered all over it. A toppled inkwell rested precariously close to the edge of the desk, though the ink inside had dried long ago. The only neat thing on the desk was a parchment set out in front of him, numbers scribbled all over. Next to it, a quill rested where he had dropped it - ink still dripping from its tip - and another inkwell with fresh ink was set just beyond, the dark liquid pooling at the bottom.

The person in front of him was still stammering on, occasionally pointing shakily to something in the book in front of them. The book was weathered and old, and seemed to have a hundred random items stuffed into it to pose as bookmarks.

The kingdom… wasn't faring well, to put it mildly.

The northern kingdom, which supplied metals and smithy equipment, had raised prices again. The competition in the western kingdom had boomed, making it harder to sell or trade things there. The studious eastern kingdom had raised its prices as well. The southern kingdom had been raided by pirates. Within his own kingdom, battle was about to break.

And to top it all off…

“WHAT?” The king exclaimed, dropping all the formality he had hastily summoned before accepting his visitor into the room. “Wait, so you're saying…”

The king vaguely echoed his visitor's words, skepticism etched onto his face.

His guest fidgeted nervously with the parchment they were unrolling.

The royal astronomer really should have been a mysterious and wizened old man with long silver hair who wore robes and was rumored to be a wizard, or something of the sort.

The astronomer, who was still busily unrolling a map of the heavens, a time line of astronomical events, and several other things that must have cost a fortune to get, was anything but.

She was a middle-aged, nervous and scatterbrained woman with extremely frizzy brown hair and a small, thin pair of wire-rimmed glasses, which she seemed to lose every five minutes, and which she seemed to have an unlimited supply of in her pockets.

At least she wore robes– though they were buttercup yellow trimmed with purple and green.

“Ah- ah, yes. Um, I can't- can't be certain, um, but- but it's a good- good theory, and- and with the triple- triple moon so recently, ah, I think it could- could be tested.” She stammered anxiously, looking left and right and up and down and diagonally and basically anywhere but at him. She was probably just disoriented. After all, waking up and suddenly not being able to see your walls must be very… distracting. She was triple Moontouched, and had gotten… seeing through walls. And she still had no control over it.

Or her other powers, apparently.

Wind gusted through the room, though the window and door were both shut tight. Every now and then she'd go back in time - though to him it would seem like no time at all– and when she came back she'd look around bewilderedly and look at him a bit differently, before going back to flickering her gaze around the room like it was a candle in a drafty attic. It was unsettling, to say the least.

“The- the only problem, of- of course, is, ah, the- the-,” at this point she went back in time again, and returned looking saddened. Then she noticed when she was, and her wavering gaze zipped around the room like a fly again. “Oh, r-right. The- the order you- you gave out on, ah, the night- night of the, um, triple moon, ah, might be a- a s-slight problem.”

The king massaged his temples. “Yes, of course. No one will want to admit they disobeyed, and no one will want to face whatever terrible consequences they imagine I'll impose on them.” He sighed.

The astronomer nodded rapidly, and her glasses fell off. “Oh- oh no, I'll- I'll get them.”

She bent down and rifled through the ankle-deep pile of parchments and papers, but eventually gave up and pulled out yet another spare from her pocket. “Ah, and- and as I was- I was saying…”

She went on about the sun, the moon and the stars, the Earth and some crazy new theories about it being round, of all things, and the Earth revolving around the sun, constellations, shooting stars, and last autumn's solar eclipse, and as she talked she poked at several spots on her maps, scribbled on the timeline, and muttered about terrible historians under her breath.

The king simply nodded and made a few notes, trying desperately not to fall asleep.

~~~

Katrina gripped her sword's helm tightly, though it was still in its sheath, and hurried down the alley.

She was late, she knew, but she'd had to sneak her sword out from its hiding place, and then sneak herself out of the bakery without her dad noticing. And why had she been sneaking out of the bakery? Because 1) He didn't know she had a sword and 2) She was supposed to be baking.

She felt strange, running around invisibly.

Especially when she ran by a window and didn't see her reflection.

But there was no time for that.

She continued running, trying not to make any noise on the deserted cobblestone street. Not too far off, the first shout came, a battle cry.

They're starting!

The battle had begun.

She came to the end of the alley, and stopped suddenly.

She had overlooked a small detail; to run around the edge of the village, she would need to run on dirt and grass. And they would leave footprints. What if someone saw a trail of footprints simply appear, especially near the battle?

She'd need to back the way she came, and go straight through the main street. Past the bakery.

Or risk being seen.

Kat took a deep breath and strode out confidently, towards the rough direction of the castle.

Nobody will notice me, they'll be too busy fighting… right?

~~~

The forest was silent that day, almost as if all the animals were anxiously holding their breath, knowing of the battle soon to come.

Benjamin gingerly fingered the leaf-shaped clasp on his cloak.

He was considering… maybe, just maybe… joining the rebellion.

He normally distanced himself from the village's affairs, but the laws in the kingdom affected everyone, including him, and some were a bit unfair…

Benjamin briefly glanced at his bow and arrows, pondering.

He'd never fought in a real battle before, or against anyone, really. But he could shoot much better than anyone he knew –not that he knew many people– and they seemed to need all the help they could get.

But maybe he'd just watch them for a bit, and only join in when they needed some extra help.

Benjamin grabbed his bow and a few arrows, just in case, and then stalked silently through the forest, heading straight for the battle.

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

How dare the Earth be round!

• Posted at:

{Hyperbole}

{She/her} 

"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." George Shaw 

Here to the end, and will be there in our new home.

"The forums are not a place, it's a people." Happeh

XD

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

wait the earth is round?

the more you know

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

There's nothing left to say now

Let's only think about love!

You have opened the yawning grave

α σνєя σƒ муѕтєяумαgι¢, αη∂ αηgѕт!

I'm bookmarking this so I can read those last two chapters.....

• Posted at:

Fiona/Elia/☆☆ ɆⱠɆ₵₮Ɽł₵ ʀǟɨռ ☆☆ (Call me any)

Local RP Person! 

I'a Hufflepuff

'Call me a schemer, call me a freak. How can you say that? I'm just... unique.' -Mal (Descendants)

I'm Rotten to the Core

Bump

• Posted at:

Long live the KING

he kindly stopped for me

and immortality

Do I have some sort of super strength now?

• Posted at:

Luana

Catholic 

Nice chapters Fairydragon!

Also, how dare the Earth be round and revolve around the sun indeed.

Also, that poor astronomer...

• Posted at:

>ɮᘿl<

There never waֆ a ǝɔoɥɔ

Why so silent, good Messieurs?

Did you think that I had left you for good?

One day I was walking and I found this big log

...Yes, I'm hiding in a crate. Tickets are expensive.

DCI.

7-8-14||S.O.S.||Knock