This may or may not be my new homethread if I can't come up with a better name but right now it's just me prattling about a story idea I'll never use because I am terrible at writing, specifically plots. I even used a fancy serif font because it's a long post and Times New Roman is way easier for me to read than the default font. 

It's sci-fi and aliens in the south or southwest or midwest or northeast countryside, I'm not sure yet. Just somewhere sort of rural but not completely isolated from bigger towns and cities. It takes place decades or even a century after a mysterious alien civilization has colonized Earth and implemented a worldwide one-party kind of government. Some of the consequences of this were actually beneficial to the earth, though I don't see how space imperialists could be very nice people themselves. With the introduction of alien technology, there was a whole new industrial revolution, much of it clean/green energy (which also allows for a cool kind of aesthetic with monumental nuclear power plants and geothermal plants and turbines, etc).

And of course there has to be mysterious powers likely caused by whatever strange radioactive outer space emissions the aliens brought with them to Earth, but not THOSE kinds of superpowers. They're weird abilities that are more like real mutations: varying capacities to distort organic matter/cells which could result in being able to rapidly heal injuries or even shape-shift to a degree--changing your own bone structure/skin color/hair texture/etc. People with these abilities are marked with dull bluish stains/birthmarks along their spinal cord, the insides of their elbows/wrists, and backs of their knees.

I know it sounds cliché and probably boring since I have zero plot ideas but I'm already too attached to my character concepts and the whole atmosphere of the setting. It's likely I… won't ever write anything for this, but I'm READY to hyperfixate on it and only draw related subjects for like a year. Now for the characters (most of the "names" are placeholders until I can decide on real ones) (I was also inspired by this photo article called "Neither black nor white in the Mississippi Delta," it was very interesting and just intensified my everlasting wish to create a story with Asian leads since there are so few of those):

Midge: Mid teens, lives with her cousin and his family, helping out at their small Chinese grocery store. Short and scrawny, wiry shoulder-length black hair, scruffy eyebrows (I SWEAR the only thing I'm projecting on her is my stature, and though my eyebrows are pretty nice, hers are more impressive). Amiable and inquisitive but also nosy and sneaky. Gives off the same aura as that smug knife cat image... you know. That one. 

- Name ideas: Saskia, Sijia, Birdy, Odessa, Remi, Frances (Frankie), Imogen (Midge)

Lad: Midge's older cousin. Late teens, responsible, always a little worried, like the exasperated mom friend. Works at the grocery store more regularly. Sun-browned skin, black hair. Considerably taller than Midge.

- Name ideas: uh

Blondie: Midge and Lad's classmate or neighbor. Either mysterious and brooding or just kind of snarky and mean. Owns chickens. Taller side of average, cornsilk-white hair, arched eyebrows, freckles, pale eyelashes, RBF. Has the kind of blue eyes that are a little off-putting and robot-like.

- Name ideas: Leveret (Levi), Juneau/Juno, Leora, Leonie, Sloane, Eloise, Blanche, Georgia, Lucy, Cicely, Freya

Jojo: Another one of the cousins' friends. Insolent and cheeky with an underlying Napoleon complex, except he's not even that short (he's just as scrawny as Midge, though). Straight brown hair, hazel eyes.

- Name ideas: Jonathan/Jonah/Jones/anything that can be shortened to Jojo, Desmond (Desi), Arlo, Benny, Beau

Tiger Eyes: Blondie's little sister. Slightly-built with thin, pale ginger hair and yellow-green eyes.

Sunshine: Another friend. Jaunty and blithe, a very sweet girl. Average height, a sturdy build, dark skin and a mane of tight black curls.

- Name ideas: Soleil, Cher, Venus, Saffron, Magnolia, Olympia, Savannah, Ruby, Bella, Dahlia, Ginger, Sapphire, Tawny, Titania, Vivienne, Xanthe, Verity

Father Alien: He's a large imposing alien and also a pastor at the local church. Old and solemn. Not one of the invading aliens; he's from one of the various other colonies ruled by the intergalactic conquistadors. More of a background character but I'm very fond of him.

As you can see, some are marginally more developed than others. I feel like I'm missing something but I'm tired and gotta finish my homework. I'm COUGH secretly hoping people will take notice of this and give me whatever feedback ayy ok bye

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~ Poppy ~

"The Biggest Flex Anyone Will Ever Have Is Dying"

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Bumps at an hour that people are actually awake at

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

i absolutely love this?? 

• Posted at:

eureka

moved to @thankfulthunderstorm1 :D

Thanks Eureka!

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Hhggh the notion of creating a bunch of characters and hyperfixating on them and never writing anything about them is so relatable. But good luck if you ever decide to write about them! I don't have anything to critique right now, but it's a very cool concept and I love every single character you've presented. All the name ideas for Sunshine are absolutely fantastic!

• Posted at:

Clever, A Very Clevery Guy ❤❤❤

[exits, pursued by a bear]

bringing you cool good posts: Dec. 2014 - March 2019

appreciating and supporting you: today - forever!!!!

Yeee thank you Clever, I do need lots of good luck/vibes/mojo/juju when it comes to writing.

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

U kno wat.... this is my homethread now.... soft american gothic alien dystopia describes me well enough as a person

Anyways I saw Beyoncé live a couple days ago and?? my life??? was changed????? I don't think I've ever bopped that hard in my LIFE

The opening performances were also amazing, I heard Chloe x Halle for the first time and I love them, I also got to hear DJ Khaled shout "ANOTHER ONE" live a minimum of twelve times

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

One time my mom called me over sounding very concerned and I found her pointing at a suspicious lump on my cat's stomach, and we examined it for a good five minutes trying to figure out if it was a deadly bugbite or tumor or something and then we realized..... it was her nipple

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Ohhhh my gosh I just spent the last two hours poring over the Wolves of the Beyond Wikia (I can't remember how I got there) but all of the feels just hit me like a locomotive and I am suddenly reminded just how astounding Kathryn Lasky's writing is and how beautifully she developed the universe of Guardians of Ga'hoole and Wolves of the Beyond, and it bewilders me as to how these are books for children because honestly I might just have to reread all..... thirty-odd books because there is no way nine-year-old me could have possibly fully appreciated the sheer quality of the literature and worldbuilding and I just UGHHHHHH I'm actually almost crying in awe right now

And the movie too was so gorgeous visually (I've had my eye on the official art book for years now) and I know it would literally take centuries to create a full true-to-the-story movie series that is half as beautiful for all the books but I WISH that could happen, I would spontaneously combust on the spot. 

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

The Projections of My Pelvis and Upper Thigh Bones Would Undergo a Psychophysiological Detection of Deception Examination with Success

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

I’m going to adopt a pit bull one day and name it Mr. Worldwide, Dalé for short

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

A comprehensive list of my cat’s nicknames:

- Birdy (her full name is Ladybird)
- bert
- bultush (big eyes)
- haltarma (dirty girl)
- shawarma (mud girl)
- mojga (kitten)
- busque (lady)
- mana khun (my child)
- mantou (bun)
- mamachik (baby? not sure)
- OCHI CHYORRRNYE (black eyes, sung with a thick Russian accent)

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

I’m wheezing apparently my sister has been harassing her French ex boyfriend for days by posting Pepe le Pew memes on her Instagram

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

I was staying at this farm for a few days and I saw the most beautiful boy in the world and I never knew overalls and sweeping hay could be so attractive. They also had a new baby cow who was even MORE beautiful, she was very friendly and chewed on anything she could reach, but also had kind of crazy eyes. Then I went to the Farm Contra Dance Throwdown where my dance partners included an adorable little girl that I had to bend over double to reach, and a man that somehow managed all of the aggressive spinning and hopping while balancing a toddler on his hip, which was very impressive. Overall a good and wholesome weekend

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Because of my ridiculous accent I get a lot of Pepe le Pew-based insults thrown at me so I feel inclined to say WOW your sister is savage, a known legend honestly??
(Oh, and your wholesome farm throwdown weekend sounds awesome!)

• Posted at:

Oh no Clever now I feel really bad, you don’t deserve those Pepe insults D:

Mainly this comparison stems from the fact that the ex has an unfortunately slimy, Pepe-like personality and the fact that he is French and has a Pepe accent just makes the comparison even more unfortunate lol

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

NO NO NO I'm watching Tulip Fever and this is so painful to watch I'm not even halfway through the movie and I'm screaming my lungs out at the screen WHY IS EVERYTHING GOING WRONG

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

get it...... because hips don’t lie

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

yalllllll this is Poppy I've discovered that by registering on a different MB you can get so many more username options omg (and also activate a russian sleeper agent)..... monkey-ish and LOLsome are both legit options yooooooo and I've been trying to figure out how people manage to get gods and goddeses in theur users for so long and now I've UNLOCkED IT AHAHAHA I'm pretty tempted to move accounts now tbh......

• Posted at:

oh nvm it's a scholastic-wide thing now lol

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Cooking up ANOTHER fictional world.... this time it's uhhhh *spins wheel* historical Central Asian low fantasy

Still no plot or plans to actually write anything but BOY am I having fun with mythopoeia and costume design and fantasy species. General worldbuilding fun, the focal point being a central Asian (Kazakh, Mongolian, etc) (ofc) inspired culture of pastoral nomads, featuring those central asian cultural essentials like horses! terrifying livestock guardian dogs! hunting eagles! some DOPE clothing! along with a healthy dose of mythology and fantastic beasts like sledge-drawing jackalopes, some woolly yak-lookin dragons, garudas, ill-tempered desert unicorns, and the Fearsome Fire Queen Whose Breath Sustains Humanity, One Hand Wielding Destruction and the Other From Which Flows Benefaction and Magnanimity

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Timothee Chalamet's name is spelled the way Keegan Michael Key pronounces it

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

You guys I’m love Letitia Wright so much she’s so beautiful

Rn there’s this genius kid that got accepted into MIT at 15 whose his lease ended and didn’t get his visa back so he can’t go to Mongolia so he’s staying in our living room and my cat is cheating on me with him. I don’t like that one bit

The fact that we know basically the entire Mongolian-Bostonian diaspora leads to us having a lot of interesting house guests, like that lady who may have been our cousin? (idk 90% of my relatives there are too many) and her husband who was this uber pretentious rich Japanese guy wearing a moss green velvet suit jacket who also named their son Kash, which still makes me irrationally angry. And then that lone American Genghis-Khan-ologist who I thought was a home intruder stealing our tea. Almost attacked that guy with a clif bar

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

im never going to be free of this ear infection, am I? This is no natural blight. I’m highkey sure it’s the ghost of that periwinkle I crushed nine years ago because other than that one terrible act I have an utterly UNBLEMISHED soul that could not possibly be in the way of cosmic vengeance. Who else would want to harm the earlobe of this innocent soul. I’m so sorry. I’ve spent countless nights agonizing over what I did and though I have no excuse other than I was a child unaware of her own actions I BEG OF YOU to forgive me all I want to do is wear my cute earrings PLEASE

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Wow that green duolingo owl rly has the nerve to offer me courses in Klingon and High Valyrian but not the actual living nonfiction language I want smh

one of my greatest regrets in life is not getting that blue trucker hat with the enormous lobster embroidered on it from that gift shop in bar harbor

tfw your mom is being extra vegan with the waiter ahshsgssfdgdg

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Y’all I want to be an aunt so bad I’d be such a cool aunt

i miss my sisters so much I’m just scrolling thru their instagrams sadly rn

i love telling people how cool my sisters are I’m ur number one fan ladies

also who’s starring every other post on this thread. Show yourself. I love and appreciate you but also people can talk to me

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

It’s 4:44 am and I just heard the most demonic sounding ice cream truck outside??? 3:33 may be the devil’s time but 4:44 is the Ice Cream Man’s

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

To my right eyebrow: keep up the good work babey

To my left eyebrow: I can’t believe you’re going to embarrass me like this in front of the whole grade on my first day of school

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

“eyebrows are sisters, not twins,” they say, but in my case they’re more like distant cousins

• Posted at:

m i r i 

✱ thanks for the laughs 

✱ goodbye comerades let’s get this bread 

HFJFJNFNJF exactly

also is that a six of crows quote I see in your signature owo

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

most definitely

here for the lasting emotional trauma owo

• Posted at:

m i r i 

✱ thanks for the laughs 

✱ goodbye comerades let’s get this bread 

My Spanish teacher looks like John Krasinski's elfin uncle and my chem teacher is literally Mr. Bean. that's his name. Bean. 

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Tony Stark of Winterfell

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

The whole high school was watching Spiderman: Homecoming and the best part was when Tom Holland took off his shirt and everyone screamed and started clapping

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Today I'm sad because that first beat drop in the beginning of I Like It is the sickest thing I've ever heard but then Cardi B's rapping lets me down every time

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

So my algebra 2 teacher gave us about three classes to review concepts we learned two years ago and haven't used since, before throwing a lengthy, heavily graded problem set at us with no other resources other than our classmates (who are all in the same boat) and the notes we should have been taking for those three classes (well, two more like because the first class was just introduction stuff). I didn't take any notes because I wasn't aware of a heavily graded lengthy problem set coming up and assumed we would actually be LEARNING stuff for a while longer.

We're not allowed to look anything up or take these problem sets home, so the way we've been working on these forces us to focus on the same two sheets of paper for all 50 minutes of class which is very difficult considering the fact that a teenager's attention span is much shorter than that and most teenagers don't get enough sleep. As a result I sometimes get headaches and have to rest my head in my hands for a hot minute before continuing on to the next math question. I've done this exactly twice so far.

This math teacher immediately assumes I'm literally falling asleep in class and feels the need to email my advisor about it. Mind you, I would never close my eyes like that in a class where she was actually engaging with us, but so far she's just been at her desk doing her own work and minding her own business so I assumed it was safe to do so (but it was not).

Now I have to write her a letter about how I think class is going, and everything I just wrote in the above space is included in that letter, and I'm aware that would be taken as incredibly disrespectful and have to edit it down but there's no way to express my thoughts sincerely without sounding disrespectful :/

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

It’s my one free period of the day, I just finished the second to last episode of American Horror Story: Murder House and I just found out in the most devastating way possible that the “YOuRE aLL I WanT! yOURE ALL i HaVE!” “ueAAAAAAAAAAA” vine is from AHS and honestly I thought I was having a stroke when I heard it from the source I thought I had a tab open that was playing vine compilations but no the voice I can only associate with that one vine kid is legitimately coming from the mouths of two American Horror Story characters

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

Oof, how did I not find this

Hello!

I'm visiting homethreads!

I brought milk, cookies, and brownies!

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

We will never be forgotten

for we've all played our parts

and if the memories are erased

they'll still be in our hearts

That is AMAZING I was JUST about to look up where the audio from that Vine came from and now I KNOW, absolutely INCREDIBLE

• Posted at:

Thanks Fairydragon! And you’re welcome Clever I can read minds

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD