Chapter One

Autumn, as she replaced the books returned last night to the library shelves, thought that today was going to be relaxingly normal. She hadn't been awake for even two hours yet but it so far seemed rather normal. She'd open the library in fifteen minutes. Her friends would pop in and pick up or return books, take a moment to chat (very quietly at first and then somebody like Bengal, Fairydragon, Marx, or Sanetra would show up and silence would become a long-forgotten dream), and then take their books to The Miri-culous Café next door to talk as loudly as ever, their laughter audible through the huge tudor windows of the library.

Autumn was happy to let them laugh away the morning hours while she worked the library.

It was usually after midnight that any conversation was truly worth joining, as she thought.

In due time, Autumn the librarian opened the doors of heaven, and soon the building was flooded.

"HELLO!" Bengal cheered, scampering through the library door with wild hair strewn about her face, which was an excellent mirror of her exuberant personality. "HEY GUYS DID YOU READ THIS BOOK IT'S PRETTY COOL!!" She proceeded to wave the book around in a fashion that thoroughly prevented anyone from reading the cover, but honestly, anybody who frequented this library had read everything in it by now.

"BENGAL HOW'RE YOU DOING?" Longclaw asked joyously, running over to talk.

Crimson, mostly ignoring the happy uproar, walked to the check-out counter and set his favorite books on strategy on the tabletop, as well as a few craftsmanship books Autumn couldn't rightly recall him ever picking up. She obligingly scanned them and handed them back with a due-date slip.

"Heading to Miri-culous?" Autumn asked, purely for the sake of small-talk. EVERYBODY went to Miri-culous.

"It's noisy here earlier than usual," Crimson shook his head, starting to turn for the door. "I'm going to the park. Have a minute of silence."

Autumn's expression arched in surprised, but Crimson had already left. Not going to Miri-culous? That was near sacrilege! But there was nothing for it now. She supposed everybody needed a change of pace now and again.

"Head's up!"

Hyperbole's eyes snapped upwards just in time to helplessly watch a frisbee bonk into her forehead.

"Ow," she said almost conversationally as Ishmael ran up.

"Sorry, sorry," he murmured hurriedly, picking up the disc. "Couldn't catch that one."

"Taking up a new hobby? I've never seen you play frisbee." She touched her forehead. "It shows."

Ishmael's eyes got that pun look to them, but before he opened his mouth to make some painful and somehow witty reply, Rebel and Zoroark started calling his name from their positions in the field, demanding his attention.

"Gotta go," he apologized, running back to his game.

"See you around!" Hyperbole called, but he was already making a toss.

"He likes you he likes you he likes you!" Gulfstream gushed with that manic-shipper look.

Hyperbole rolled her eyes. Sometimes her friend was just so wrong it was weird. "Ishmael's like the crazy uncle-father, he's not allowed to like anybody."

"He soooooooo likes you," Gulfstream insisted dreamily.

"Who likes who?"

"Hi, Riri," Hyperbole began, but...

"HYPERBOLE AND ISHMAEL ARE TOTALLY GONNA DATE!!"

"Ah, this again," Riri laughed. "Gulfy, sweetheart, remember how they were going to date last Wednesday and never did because they don't like-like each other?"

"IT'LL WORK THIS TIME," Gulfstream promised with vigor and enthusiasm.

"Of course a bunch of girls are keeping me awake by talking about shipping," Crimson sighed from his once-relaxing spot on the lawn. He got to his feet and brushed himself off. He didn't mind the girls talking, he didn't have a whole lot against the subject, but really, sleep would have been nice today.

After all, if the reports were correct, tomorrow he'd have to reveal exactly what he could do, and his levels would deplete dangerously.

He wished to goodness that he was allowed to warn his friends about the danger, but orders were strict. He'd just have to work quickly when it started.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Sanetra

11562+ stars - Apr 2017 - Mar 2019

Life is the greatest gift. You've all helped shape mine. I can never thank you all enough. It's been so good

Amigos

eurekaDarkseaBearBlackberryVertigoLectorGulfyCaleoZodiakTS

...I'm with you to the end

wow I keep getting main roles in forumfics for free

• Posted at:

>)(<Crimson>)(< 

Son of Justice

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

El Amigo

Please just be okay...

Foolizh autocoreect

Given that you had to ask for heroes and villains and side characters, I'm eager to see where this goes from here.

• Posted at:

Clever, A Very Clevery Guy ❤❤❤

[exits, pursued by a bear]

bringing you cool good posts: Dec. 2014 - March 2019

appreciating and supporting you: today - forever!!!!

Crazy uncle-father

sounds about right

• Posted at:

ISHMAEL

August 2017 — March 2019

13,035 stars uwu

When it’s time for you to venture out, don’t let fear have you looking back at what you’re leaving behind. 

Ah yes, finally a fic that shows me in my main role, the crazy shipper. XD

• Posted at:

Gulfstream

She/Her

Empress of Positivity

Forum Sisters: Violet, Lunastar, Bixbite, Riri, Sanetra, Hyperbole, Ivy, and more  

Forum BFF: Everyone!!!

I'm an autistic Christian

wasn't expecting my nickname to be the first thing I saw when I clicked on this thread

But anyway, nice work!

• Posted at:

Autumn  [Librarian]

she/her - nerd - gamer

"If you make a mistake and do not

correct it, that is a second mistake."

Homethread: /304740

This wonderful thread must stay on the front page!

Bump!

• Posted at:

Gulfstream

She/Her

Empress of Positivity

Forum Sisters: Violet, Lunastar, Bixbite, Riri, Sanetra, Hyperbole, Ivy, and more  

Yeeeeee im in here...i wonder what happens next but since im the misunderstood mysterious starts out evil but turns good person...i was expecting more of a backstory...

• Posted at:

Zoroark

-Forum N-

"Everyone is an animal, because if were to slap you it would be animal abuse"

" Im only a crack in this castle of glass"

"lost in my ideals will i find the truth"

luv darkstalker 4 life

mwahaha i'm feeling so evilly author-esque and scheme-y >:D

I'm glad people are happy with their appearances so far :P

I will openly admit that Gulfstream was my favorite part of this chapter XD

Don't worry, Zoroark, you'll get a backstory. I didn't want to start the story with too much information, where's the mystery in that? :P

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Life is the greatest gift. You've all helped shape mine. I can never thank you all enough. It's been so good

Amigos

PLANS ARE STIRRING

I FEEL THE EVILNESS SURGING

>:D

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Amigos

I would totally call someone a crazy uncle-father in real life.

Lol I like this alreadyalready XD

• Posted at:

{Hyperbole}

{She/her} 

"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." George Shaw 

Here to the end, and will be there in our new home.

"The forums are not a place, it's a people." Happeh

I was not expecting to be mentioned XD

Thanks!

I was about to sign up... but I got distracted by something...

*goes find the sign-up thread*

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

We will never be forgotten

for we've all played our parts

and if the memories are erased

they'll still be in our hearts

I feel this will get awesome soon

• Posted at:

Zoroark

-Forum N-

luv darkstalker 4 life

the trollfic aspects of it are going to start coming into play in the next chapter, I believe...

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Amigos

Yay!

Gulfstream is Ultimate Shipper/troll

• Posted at:

Gulfstream

She/Her

Empress of Positivity

Chapter Two

That sunset was on a few people decided to watch. Crimson did out the same in a sense of dread. He hoped so desperately the sign wouldn't appear. But it was in vain. Everyone watching gasped for amazement and joy, for they saw that rare phenomenon known as the green flash; a green spark in the air above the set sun, lasting only a moment. People started talking about it in awed tones and usually huge smiles, not believing what they'd just seen.

Crimson believed.

He pulled his jacket a little tighter around his shoulders - had it suddenly gotten chilly? - and began the short walk home. He had no attachment to the four walls, roof, ceiling, and items therein, because when he'd first arrived he knew that either he or the house would be quite abruptly terminated. But he hadn't counted on the people winning his heart. He did have a heart, despite his friends teasing his seeming lack of emotion. And now it was cold with fear. He wouldn't have much time tomorrow to help his friends. But everything was in place. If his end of things went smoothly, he could probably get most of them away. Not the most reassuring notion, but there was no way he could save everybody.

With a sigh, he turned his eyes heavenward in the fashion of people who know they've a daunting task perhaps bigger than they can manage. And he stopped in his tracks. There were searchlights in the clouds. And there was something in the angle which told him they weren't coming from the ground. They were from the sky.

So both attacks would begin tomorrow!

He ran into his house, to his drawing board, and began frantically sketching and repositioning. He might be able to save everybody now! Or he'd lose them all. It was far too late by now to try and sabotage the second army. The first was beyond his reach. But he had an idea. He glanced impatiently at the small mirror on his desk and wished he'd get word from that contact soon!

Nightlight was having that same inner conflict again; read after dark or go to bed like the perfect poster child. Honestly, perfect poster child was her life goal. But this book! She hopped off her bed and walked around the room one way, and the other, and the other. Attempting to maintain her Mary Sue status was hard!!

"So have you decided yet?" Bear asked. They were roommates while Bear's house was undergoing some pretty large rennovations.

"No," Nightlight sighed, leaning on the windowsill.

"I'd say read the book."

"You're not a Mary Sue. No offense, of course."

Bear shrugged. She didn't want to be a Mary Sue. "You'll figure it out," she assured her friend with a smile.

Nightlight looked up at the cloudy sky, wishing the stars were out in more than just meager patches through cloud. This was after Crimson had seen the searchlights, which were no longer active. But she thought she saw something odd up there. Before she could really focus on it, it was gone. Was it only a bird, maybe even just her imagination? Maybe she was more tired than she thought.

"I'm turning in," Nightlight decided, clicking off the lamp, letting the room turn black, and then curling up in her nice warm comfy covers. As her mind descended into the arms of what's-his-face-in-that-saying-about-sleep, she drowsily contemplated the pure joy of a soft bed. Let the world say what it would. Being a Mary Sue was awesome.

As soon as she was certain Nightlight was asleep, Bear rolled gently out of her bed and crawled to the window. Carefully, she looked outside, then, ducking under the windowsill so she couldn't be seen, took out her mirror-and-brush compact. She removed the brush and pressed the orange button beneath. After a second, she was looking at...Crimson?! He was the contact their authorities set up??

But Crimson was already signing a message at her, using something kind of like ASL. She easily translated the gestures in her mind: Both armies tonight I have escape plan come help set up. Bear's eyebrows raised and she set the contact down on the floor, and began her response.

Come soon but must reach other contacts.

Crimson nodded. Bring all to help. Out.

Out.

She replaced the brush into the compact, and Crimson disappeared. Bear chewed at her lip worriedly. Coming to Crimson and still meeting their deadline would require moving quickly. She needed to find Clever first. Then Neptune. Was Zodiac back from her other mission yet? No. Well, they'd just have to do without.

She crawled out the window carefully, glad Nightlight's house was a single story, and shuffled away through the lawn, eyes watching every shadow and corner.

"They're coming?" a voice asked, breaking the solemnity of the nearly pitch-dark room.

"Of course," was the response. "Relax. They were trained perfectly. They will reconvene here three hours after the green flash."

"I thought it was two."

The answering tone took on that grinning quality. "You know it's three. What's to worry about? We've beaten these guys at every turn!"

"Well, there's another army involved this time."

"Zodiac will return in time. And all we really need to be sure of is nobody gets their hands on Soulsong."

A frantic knock at the door cut off their conversation. The glint of blades was visible in the dim light before hidden in shadow as the most recent voice demanded "Who's there?"

"Violet," came the urgent whisper.

"Enter."

Violet flung the door open and stared at her commanding officers with wide, fearful eyes. "Soulsong's tracking beacon stopped."

The room became dead and oppressive with silence.

"Send for Wild," came the first voice who'd spoken in the room this night. Violet gasped.

"She never comes," the second refused. "Never. She won't help us now."

"She might. Violet, send for Wild. And...and for Tiger."

Stunned, Violet ran out of the room to comply. If they were sending for the bounty hunters, things must be horrible.

"You sure about this?" Longclaw asked Riri.

"Yes," Riri sighed, putting a hand on the wall to steady herself. "If they have Soulsong, we need to pull every resource."

"...Every resource?"

Riri's eyes hardened. "No. You're right. We stop at the bounty hunters. We're not calling her again, not for anything. Not even Soulsong."

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Amigos

that moment when you realize you're a better proofreader AFTER you click submit.

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Amigos

This is great! 

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Triplet with Time and Tiger

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

Technically, good times don't ever end. We'll always remember them.

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Amigos

This is great, Sanetra!

• Posted at:

\\Snowfall//               

She/Her

Discipline is everything. If you don't have it. . . 

"Kindness is like snow. It beautifies everything it covers."- Kahil Gibran

#FFT

Hello again

Forum Family: Zodiac 

bEAUTIFUL

i have always wanted to own a cafe :V

• Posted at:

m i r i 

✱ thanks for the laughs 

✱ goodbye comerades let’s get this bread 

I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED A MARY SUE TO BE LIKE "It's hard to be so perfect." 

but actually, I'd probably have that inner conflict as NightLight Sue

• Posted at:

ӄʏǟռɨȶɛ

ɦɛ/ֆɦɛ/ȶɦɛʏ

ռɛʀɖ

ʝօɨռɛɖ ǟքʀɨʟ ֆɛʋɛռȶɦ ȶաօ ȶɦօʊֆǟռɖ ɛɨɢɦȶɛɛռ

ֆքǟʀӄʟɛֆ ɦʊʀȶ ʍʏ ֆǟʀƈǟֆȶɨƈ ɛʏɛֆ ~ʍɛ

ɨ ʟɨӄɛ ȶɦɨֆ ʄօռȶ ȶօօ ʍʊƈɦ

Amazing and funny, i cant wait to see what happens next

• Posted at:

Zoroark

-Forum N-

luv darkstalker 4 life

i approve

but

but

what about etherealm?

• Posted at:

eureka

moved to @thankfulthunderstorm1 :D

*just realized that this is the first time I've seen Sanetra not use her font*

• Posted at:

~Fairydragon~

She/Her

We will never be forgotten

for we've all played our parts

and if the memories are erased

they'll still be in our hearts

WHYISMYNAMEINTHETITLEWHYISMYNAMEIBTHETITLEWHYISMYNAMEINTHETITLLLEEEEE --

• Posted at:

I WILL NOT ACCEPT THE DOWNFALL OF MY HOME.

Thank you everybody :D

Don't worry Eureka I'm going to finish Etherealm XD having another project is actually helping me make some plot decisions, this is helping Etherealm

As for your comment, Future... the world may never know. XD

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Amigos

oh sure it won't

*suspicious g l a r e *

• Posted at:

this is cool

i like nightlights Mary sue stuff

• Posted at:

Zodiak

A quiet voice in a room filled with sound

Another chance, another choice, another go around

Est. 6/25/2016

Exactly 1740 Stars

"Please, remember it all..."

#IStoleSanetra'sCupcakes

iiiiiiitttttt wooooonnnnnn'tttttttt *mystical hand motions at Future* XD

i do too, Zodiac XD 

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Amigos

this is amazing sanetra, literally it's really well written.

• Posted at:

₮ł₲ɆⱤ

triplet with Rune and Time. 

est.[June21st][2017] ☆2,820☆

Never be afraid to be yourself,

For we're all wonderfully unique,

In our own way. 

Rip.

0w0

I am liking this...

(And I get a dramatic role! Yay! XD)

• Posted at:

-ᏕᎧᏬᏝᏕᎧᏁᎶ-*Fallen*

{I Identify as a Child of God!}

Want to see a disappearing trick? I call it hiatus!

Proud Christian

Jesus, I praise your name

You fill me in every way

So it's you that I will raise

Until I end my days

{Insert Fangirl Scream} 

OWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWO

• Posted at:

-ᏕᎧᏬᏝᏕᎧᏁᎶ-*Fallen*

Proud Christian

You fill me in every way

Until I end my days

PENCILS

• Posted at:

What? XD

• Posted at:

-ᏕᎧᏬᏝᏕᎧᏁᎶ-*Fallen*

Proud Christian

You fill me in every way

Until I end my days

Oh, I also forgot to say how much I like this.

And now future has got me suspicious too. :P

(I am precious bean yes)

• Posted at:

-ᏕᎧᏬᏝᏕᎧᏁᎶ-*Fallen*

Proud Christian

You fill me in every way

Until I end my days

I'd guessed you'd be happy with this, Soulsong XD

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Amigos

Chapter Three

The citizens of Forumopolis yawned quite extravagantly, refusing to open their eyes yet. Their alarms were going off. Everyone's sounded a little weird, though. Maybe their heads were under her pillow. They sometimes did that in their sleep when their bodies didn't want their minds to wake up. But no, they didn't feel it when they moved their heads. What was with that alarm? Had they all bought new ones the day before and just didn't remem-

Oh.

Oh no.

That wasn't their personal wake-up alarms.

That was the city's We're-All-Gonna-Die alarm.

Suddenly very much awake, they scrambled out of bed, grabbed jackets and shoved their feet into boots, and ran outside, not caring about still being in pajamas.

As soon as they got clear of the buildings and trees obstructing their view, they looked around frantically for the danger. Everyone's breath caught in their throats. Some five hundred yards off, vultures were circling over the tallest hill beside the city. Along the top of the hill was a sparkly line of people, people she couldn't see the faces of because of their glittery armor. One of them, the most pink and most sparkly, lifted a megaphone to their face.

"DON'T BE ALARMED!" cried out the voice of Marx. "UNLESS YOU FIND IT ALARMING THAT WE'RE GOING TO TAKE OVER THE CITY AND GLAMOROUSLY TERMINATE ANYONE WHO STANDS IN OUR WAY, IN WHICH CASE, BE VERY ALARMED!!'

The gathered citizens obligingly screamed once in pure panic before listening once more.

"VERY GOOD," Marx opproved. "NOW. YOU HAVE TWO OPTIONS. SURRENDER TO THE MIGHT OF MY GLITTITE ARMY, OR BE DESTROYED IN A MOST TWINKLY MANNER!!"

"Glittite?!" a random person in the crowd called out in confusion.

"RHYMES WITH HITTITE," Marx confirmed. "RATHER CLEVER, WOULDN'T YOU SAY? ANYWAY, I DON'T WANT TO DESTROY EVERYBODY, I LIKE YOU ALL IN GENERAL AS PEOPLE ON THE WHOLE AND TAKING ONE THING WITH ANOTHER I GUESS, SO PLEASE SURRENDER AND BECOME MY MINDLESS SUBSERVIANTS. ALSO PLEASE DON'T RUN AWAY AND MAKE US HAVE TO CATCH YOU, IT'S QUITE TIRESOME. YOU HAVE FOUR SECONDS TO- WHAT?" One of the Glittites had tugged on Marx's shoulder and whispered something. "I KNOW THREE OR FIVE IS CUSTOMARY BUT I'M TRYING TO DO MY OWN THING HERE! GOSH! ANYWAY, FOUR SECONDS! THREE! ONE!"

Everyone gasped. Marx had missed two! Time was really almost up!!

"WHOOPS, SORRY. I'LL RESTART FOR YOUR BENEFIT. FOUR! THREE! TWO!"

The forumers, knowing something had to be done, in a stroke of pure inspiration...stood in stunned silence.

"ONE!!"

The forumers, knowing something had to be done, in a stroke of pure inspiration, ran like the dickens.

But before Marx could call out zero and the Glittite army could descend upon the poor forumers, a rumbling shook the ground so hard that nobody could stand up. Even the Glittites, in their super dandy Spandex Glitter Tights - or for short, Glittights, which was a pun Marx had yet to gloat about - even they fell down, and started screaming in agony for their glitter was now soiled and dimmed by dust!

When the rumbling stopped and everyone could get to their feet and brush themselves off, the longest hill beside the city had opened up right down the middle, a perfect hollow shell, and an airship was rising out of it with the words PREPARE FOR A MIRI-CULOUS CONQUEST elegantly inscribed in massive but beautiful lettering along both sides. Why everybody was showing up from the hills, nobody knew or really wanted to know. Anyway, as it happened, the bottom of the cockpit was one gigantic speaker, and Miri's voice echoed from it like thunder. If thunder were a female voice. Which is slightly less intimidating, when you think about it. But nobody was thinking about that, because they didn't know what to think, especially once they stopped thinking about a paragraph that really didn't matter and started thinking about what Miri was saying and doing with the airship.

"NOT TODAY, MARX! I'M TAKING OVER THIS CITY! AND IT ISN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR THE TWO OF US!" A massive door opened in the bottom of the airship, and a plasma blaster came from inside. It was larger than the opening it came through, a touch reminiscent of cartoons, and the mark of genius engineering.

A single blast sent the entire Glittite army straight up into the air with a collective "Aaaa!" before dropping them back to the ground without their armor, which landed by itself to the side of them in an ungainly heap of tragically vanquished once-glitter. Now all the Glittites had on was their Glittights and tunics, or Glittunics. "RETREAT AND REGLITTER!!" Marx called through the megaphone. The Glittites charged off, crying out that little Run Away ditty from Monty Python.

"NOW, FRIENDOS," Miri said, swinging the airship around to face the citizens. "COME AND BE SLAVES OF MY MAGNIFICENT CAPPUCCINOS OR I'LL BE FORCED TO DESTROY YOU MERCIFULLY SO THAT MARX DOESN'T DESTROY YOU GLITTER...ISH...LY."

Everyone looked at each other. Weren't they already slaves to Miri's beverages? Why else would they all go straight to her café after the library? Oh, maybe she wanted them to go to her café before the library. No! Nobody put coffee before books in THIS town!

"NEVER!" they all cried, of one occord.

"SO BE IT! NOTHING PERSONAL, I LOVE YOU ALL. PREPARE TO BE PLASMA-BLASTED."

And in that instant, something really remarkable happened.

They were all plasma-blasted.

Bear had put the batteries into the remote wrong.

"I'M SORRY!" she wailed as the forumers were sent straight up into the air with a collective "Aaaa!" before being dropped back to the ground, just like the Glittites, only without any armor to have magnetically removed and disposed of in an unglamorous heap. "I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY! MY BAD!"

"I seem to recall telling you that I should have dealt with the remote," Neptune commented, observing with a sort of detached. "We know I correctly put the batteries into the shield. Getting them correct in the remote is just as important."

Bear fumbled with the batteries, started to put them in wrong again, and handed it all to Neptune, who said a cold "Thank you," and fixed it. She started to shout a protest as Bear pressed the button.

"It's MY job to press this!" Bear said, because it was her duty to press the button. The shield went up. Now Miri couldn't hit them a second time and destroy them! "See? We did it!"

"Bear," Neptune said quietly, looking as if in pain. "I know you like pressing buttons, and it consumed your thoughts and attention. But if you'd been paying attention, you would have noticed that Miri's airship got inside the shield-range before you pressed it. You have locked her in with them."

"Oops."

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

"Sorry, Clever!"  Bear winced, watching him come sprinting up to them. "Little mix-up with the remote. Um, Neptune fixed the remote. So it's working now."

"He can see that," Neptune observed. "The remote must be fixed, otherwise the shields would not be activated."

"Miri is about to vanquish the town!" Clever snapped. "Is this really the time for idle chat?!"

"We can't do anything," Bear shrugged. "It's all on Crimson now."

"AND A FINE MESS YOU'VE MADE FOR ME," Crimson's voice came over their communicators.

"Sorry," Bear mumbled. "The batteries...I'll stop now."

"Thank you," Neptune sighed with eyes closed.

"They goofed," Longclaw noted, watching the radar screen on her watch. She grinned casually. "Guess everybody's gonna, you know, die now."

"Of course they are," Riri rolled her eyes. "Because you and I are amatures."

They pulled the swords from their sheaths, activated their jetpacks - they both liked mixing medieval practicality with sci-fi tech - and came zipping above the hills, because really, hills are the only way to approach a battle, to the shields. The jetpacks sent out a frequency allowed them to pass through the barrier unharmed. And thus, they zoomed towards the airship with the intent of directly attacking Miri. Hopefully Miri didn't have any anti-sword glass in her cockpit.

"Blast!" Longclaw blastphemed (yes, more puns!), looking at her watch, which also picked up and displayed molecular readings. "Miri's cockpit is fully outrigged with anti-sword glass!"

"Oh no!" Riri wailed. "But wait! We can use the fire from our jetpacks to melt the glass!"

"Foiled again!" Longclaw mourned. "The glass has asbestos particals!"

"WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOMED!" both cried together. But this was purely for effect. They liked giving the people they were saving a scare so that any rewards for saving their lives had a better chance of being large rewards.

"Wait, Riri!" Longclaw gasped dramatically. "Don't we have anti-anti-sword-and-asbestos-partical-glass laser-beams in the knuckles of our gloves?"

"BRILLIANT, LONGCLAW!" Riri cheered. "WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT YOU?!" As they extended their horizontal fists towards the cockpit glass, in a very low voice so that no one would overhear, she added, "Remember, I get paid ten percent of your reward for that comment."

"Completely worth it," Longclaw grinned. They activated their lasers, preparing to save the day.

And were hit with the plasma-blaster, sent straight backwards through the air with a duet of "Aaaa!" before dropping back to the ground.

One hundred and fifty yards away, Neptune facepalmed. 

• Posted at:

Sanetra

Amigos

This is....really good.......this chapter slapped me with joy and surprise and delight

• Posted at:

Clever, A Very Clevery Guy ❤❤❤

[exits, pursued by a bear]

bringing you cool good posts: Dec. 2014 - March 2019

appreciating and supporting you: today - forever!!!!

"Remember, I get paid ten percent of your reward for that comment."
"Completely worth it"

• Posted at:

-^-Longclaw-^-

She/Her/They/Them

Goddess of Gore, Coyotes, and Obsidian

Queeof Nighttime and Demonic Entities

In death, there comes peace and rebirth

#REMEMBERHURRICANE

For every life lost, a sorrow felt in millions

1 , , 3 , 4