Might make this a series

-

A hero and villain has to have a secret hideout, right? Most do. Not all, but most. Where do we put it? It needs to be somewhere where no one will find it.

Waterfalls

where no one will find it' doesn't mean behind the waterfall. This is so overused and irritates me so much. Literally EVERYONE has thought of that. The first few times it's surprising but it's been used so much it's now dull. If it was real life, everyone would check the waterfall. Also what if there was a drought? 

Basements

"I'll just get a bottle of water out of the basement."

"No!"

"Why?" 

A basement would mean keeping your base in your house. People might visit your house. What if they want to go in the basement? They'd find all of your plans. It could cause neighbourhood disturbance and if the police searched your house it could end up badly. 

I'm not saying you should avoid these entirely or that books with these are bad. They've just been used so much or are too risky. If you could use these in an interesting way(e.g the waterfall is in the other side's camp), you'd be turning a cliché into something unexpected. 

So, where do I put it? Think about it geographically. Where is it harder to reach? If one of the characters could fly, maybe their base was on a cliff face so no one else could reach it. Try not to put somewhere it could blow up. An active volcano? There's no point. Islands are used quite a lot but they are quite good. Especially if they have bad weather. There is a reason that England was hard to invade. The wind blowing the wrong way stopped the Normans from invading for some time and the rain stopped a Roman army entirely, though they did come back. You wouldn't want a base somewhere where it is in plain sight though. A field is too obvious unless you put a secret hatch and cover it in flowers(though it would be difficult to remember). A desert would be nearly impossible to find but you'd have nothing to remember where it was. It would be like'turn left at the sand, turn right at the sand, go up in the sand,' unless you put it near an oasis. 

I hope you enjoyed/liked this. I also hope this made sense. Thank you for reading.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Fennec

The Fox 

#FennecForForumFennecFox

Treasure Chest Filled With Your Diamonds

Did it ever get so BAD that you just had to laugh while the whole world crashes down?

Or I Could Come Alone, Just Me, You On Our Own

The fear of falling apart 

I know I'm annoying :)

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#FennecForForumFennecFox

Did it ever get so BAD that you just had to laugh while the whole world crashes down?

*Standing ovation*

• Posted at:

ӄʏǟռɨȶɛ

ɦɛ/ֆɦɛ/ȶɦɛʏ

ռɛʀɖ

ʝօɨռɛɖ ǟքʀɨʟ ֆɛʋɛռȶɦ ȶաօ ȶɦօʊֆǟռɖ ɛɨɢɦȶɛɛռ

ֆքǟʀӄʟɛֆ ɦʊʀȶ ʍʏ ֆǟʀƈǟֆȶɨƈ ɛʏɛֆ ~ʍɛ

ɨ ʟɨӄɛ ȶɦɨֆ ʄօռȶ ȶօօ ʍʊƈɦ

*bows*

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#FennecForForumFennecFox