Hi everyone!

Two more weeks until you can all read The Lost Continent!  Eeeeeeee I simultaneously can’t wait and also feel like I need about eight more blankets to hide under . . . I’m sure those of you with writer brains know what I mean!   

And now you’ve met the HIVEWINGS!  Oh my goodness, I loved coming up with these but I have to admit the research was absolutely terrifying.  I decided if the SilkWings were inspired by butterflies and moths, the HiveWings would be influenced by all the other insects—particularly wasps, but also dragonflies and beetles and everything else in the insect kingdom.  This gave me lots of really fun names (Queen Wasp!  Lady Bloodworm!  Weevil!  Katydid!), but also meant I spent months reading books about insects and watching documentaries of close-up shots of insects being VERY INSECTY and

guess what it turns out INSECTS ARE SUPER SCARY. 

I mean, I knew this.  I’m not sure what possessed me, a person who already shrieks at anything wiggly and multi-legged, to think watching bug documentaries for three months straight would be a good idea.  I once texted my husband to inform him that we would no longer be able to use our downstairs bathroom, because there was a wasp in there and so the room now belonged to the wasp forever. 

(Rather like the continent of Pantala, in fact . . . one might ominously hint . . .)  

But all the nightmare-inducing research led to some pretty cool dragons, I think – I hope you think so, too!  They have kind of an interesting history that’s led them to their current place in Pantalan dragon society, much of which you’ll discover over the course of Book Eleven.  And then Book Twelve has a HiveWing protagonist, so you’ll find out even more then! 

Speaking of which, I must get back to writing, but I wanted to tackle a few more questions first:

wolfdragon31316:  @Tui: Do you listen to music while writing your books? If so, has any song ever inspired you to create a character based on that song?

I wish I could listen to music while I’m writing, but I find it distracts me from the flow of words in my head, so I can’t.  There are a few songs that remind me of certain characters, though—“Stand by You,” by Rachel Platten makes me think of Qibli, and I must admit I enjoy imagining Darkstalker singing “I Love Me,” by Meghan Trainor.  I have the silliest personal anthem, too – you guys are going to think I’m ridiculous, but whenever I feel kind of down, I turn on “Get Back Up Again” from the Trollz movie and sing along really loud and feel extremely silly but also better.  And I have a little mix I sometimes listen to for inspiration before writing, which includes “Piano” by Ariana Grande (I really love that song) and “Cut to the Feeling” by Carly Rae Jepsen.

Adventuredragon2193:  1. Are the dragonets of destiny going to be involved in the next arc?

Not right away, because Book Eleven mostly takes place on the new continent, but I hope so—I definitely plan on us seeing them again eventually!

5. Are Riptide and Tsunami dating?

Sort of . . . it’s long-distance and they’re both kind of new at this (and Tsunami is very busy!), but they do really like each other, so they’re figuring it out slowly!

Wolffire1040:  How do you stay concentrated on writing? I have... difficulties... staying on track.

Oh my gosh, me too, my friend.  For me, having a deadline and a person standing on the other end of the deadline waiting for the manuscript is essential; I think it would take me forever to write anything without that motivation.  I also have to set myself timers for staying off the Internet—I sometimes use a timer where it’ll give you 25 minutes to work and then a five minute break for Internet distractions and then back to work, and that helps a little (although it works better if my “internet distraction” is a crossword puzzle than if it’s a social media vortex, which is harder to get out of!). 

I know it sometimes feels impossible, though—so just remember that every writer has this problem!  I’m currently rereading John Steinbeck’s Journal of a Novel, which I love mainly because it shows that even John Steinbeck often had days where he was like “uurrrrrgh, writing is hard, I don’t want to, my brain isn’t working”, although he says it in a much more literary way than I do.  

Speaking of which, I have to go MAKE my brain work right now, so I’m sending you all hugs (and absolutely no HiveWing dreams!), and I can’t wait to see your beautiful SilkWing and HiveWing art!  Yay!

Tui  

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

So cool!

• Posted at:

eventide/spectral

she/heand they/them

and we're powered by every tear that's dried

so close to first 

• Posted at:

>)(<Crimson>)(< 

Son of Justice

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

El Amigo

Please just be okay...

Foolizh autocoreect

That's Awesome sauce Tui!

• Posted at:

Sirius

Goddess of speed and teleportation

i support #LGBTQ+

she/her

Bengal is my mother

Queen of grammar.

QUESTION!! QUESTION!! Will any of the main protagonists on Pantala be LGBTQ+?

also you are amazing thank you

• Posted at:

we used to play outside

insanity. they/them/ae/aer.

when we were young

bigender. gynesexual. on discord.

and full of life and full of love

Oh my gosh so many things here are relatable: 

“Eeeeeeee I simultaneously can’t wait and also feel like I need about eight more blankets to hide under” 

“close-up shots of insects being VERY INSECTY and guess what it turns out INSECTS ARE SUPER SCARY.” 

“I once texted my husband to inform him that we would no longer be able to use our downstairs bathroom, because there was a wasp in there and so the room now belonged to the wasp forever.” 

“one might ominously hint . . .” 

“even John Steinbeck often had days where he was like “uurrrrrgh, writing is hard, I don’t want to, my brain isn’t working”, although he says it in a much more literary way than I do.” 

Thank you for being a very cool author, Tui! 

• Posted at:

prism

she/her

tmsh/238145 

2 years/143 pages 

#rememberthelost 

inactive on weekends

tui acknowledged me omg

• Posted at:

Sage of the Universe, Giver of Writing Advice

I'll respect your opinion as long as your opinion doesn't disrespect anyone else's life

LONG LIVE ANARCHY, DESTROY YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT, AND BE CAREFUL: SERPENTINE IS 100% SALT

/318748

I'M GETTING VERY PUMPED FOR THE NEW ARC 

Tui, what are your primary sources of inspiration? Do you ever find yourself realizing you want to try a sort of "what if THIS happened" experiment? Do you have crazy-weird-but-cool dreams that help you come up with new plot ideas? Or do you, like, drink coffee until you can see flavors and taste sounds and then kick your brain into hyper-drive and see where it takes you?
Thank you for answering our questions, and for writing such awesome, enjoyable books!

• Posted at:

Sanetra

We'll cherish all these simple things wherever we may be

Cuz that's Christmas to me

Reach me at /272727

Amigos

eurekaDarkseaBearBlackberryVertigoLectorGulfyCaleoZodiakTS

What happens to Rainwing scales when they come off? Do they stay colorful or does the color fade?

• Posted at:

I am Jaguar a RainwingNightwing hybrid

ILOVEWINGSOFFIRE

Rockclimbing

GuardiansOfTheGalaxy

Proudtobekiwi

wtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwtwt

Two weeks! I'm jumping up and down in my seat

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

DARKSTALKER IS MEGHAN TRAINOR CONFIRMED????? NOT CLICKBAIT

• Posted at:

Clever, A Very Clevery Guy 

❄ he/him ❄ sad as ever but clad in a festive sweater ❄

❄ irrelevancy + machinations act II available /333261 ❄

❄ on month-long "all i want for christmas is you" lockdown ❄

Eeeeeek I'm so excited!!!!!!! @TUI: will we ever have SkyWing, MudWing, or RainWing animi? What about SilkWing, HiveWing, or LeafWing? Since MoonBli/QibliWatcher is canon now, will we get a ship for Winter? I can't decide wether to ship Turtleju or Winterju..... How I'd the NightWings originally find he volcano? Will there be another Legends book, maybe about Pantala, or Jerboa/Jerboa II? And finally, when did you come up with the Wings Of Fire series? How? Did you think it would be as big as it is today? Also, I'm reading Managerie, you and your sister can't stand not writing Fantasy, can't you? eEEeEEEEEEEEK please answer at least one of my questions eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkk
  • Posted at:

~--Sorrel--~

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

~Dumbledore

#WoFMBer

#ForumsRock!

#RememberTheLost

#Colorless

My Homethread: /334563

My RPs: /329922 /329168 /332705 /334989

Oh, and my sister wanted to ask why you didn't make SunnyFlight canon
  • Posted at:

~--Sorrel--~

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

~Dumbledore

#WoFMBer

#ForumsRock!

#RememberTheLost

#Colorless

My Homethread: /334563

My RPs: /329922 /329168 /332705 /334989

Did you see my question about the SkyWings?

Why didn't you put a SkyWing animus, that escaped before she died, and had dragonets, they had animus abilities and had more SkyWing animus, and there would be a secret animus SkyWing tribe, why didn't you?

• Posted at:

Paradox

Iiiiit's Christmaaaas

"Nice To Meetcha!"-Seth (CC)

Check out My FWRP! /344804

Random guy, rocking out Imagine-dragons in the corner!

ForumSis's: Andalite, Fallon, Lynx, Fantasy.

Forum Bro: Zane, Wizard.

tui i has a question i have a question um are you done with the book and also is clearsight alive also if i had a character would you put her in if so its hopefully not important i just want him added and mentioned at least once i have a i just was wondering weather you'd mention him his name is striker he's a sandwing that's it i only wish to here his name if not then a question is are the last leaf wings in prison said by the hivewings to be dead or are t hey in hiding sorry if my things are annoying i oft get that reply so thx for your when it comes heh

• Posted at:

§Bramble≈§

I am a lonely kitten in the rain  

In a world of wonder a world of pain

Happiness fills the plains 

But sadness still remains    

Bff: RainboFirefly Ellysia   

"there is always a Rainboeven in the Darkest of times" 

Do the Pantalian tribes eat meat? Since they're all like bug based kind of.

• Posted at:

♥︎Midsummer♥︎

ThReFox/SandWinShifter

she/heChristiaIntrovert

Honestly though, I love everything I've learned about the next arc. Everything from the dictator-y bits to the world holding to the potential is amazing.

• Posted at:

Sage of the Universe, Giver of Writing Advice

I'll respect your opinion as long as your opinion doesn't disrespect anyone else's life

LONG LIVE ANARCHY, DESTROY YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT, AND BE CAREFUL: SERPENTINE IS 100% SALT

/318748

Oh wow. She answered my question. Wow. Thanks for the response, Tui! I really appreciate it. Hmm. I might go listen to those songs right now...

• Posted at:

Someone named NightWolf...

I don't mind whatever gender you identify me as.

Remember ThosWho Left...

Life is just a façade, love...

i'm human, aren't i? so should i act like one?

Secret ARMY here...

I have a question. Why do Moon and Qibli like each other, I feel like Winter and Moon are a better pair. that's just my opinion though.

• Posted at:

when are you going to publish graphic novel 2? also, what will the 12th book be about? thanks so much for everything!

your fanwing, Frost

• Posted at:

Hibiscus the animus sandwing

Frost the seawing icewing hybrid

Acai the rainwing

Sunfire the blind mindreading nightwing

this is me.

Tui:

- How come you didn't include the original GrassWings concept into arc 3? 

- Are there any limitations to the powers of animi?

- Animi or animuses?

- Are you ever planning on including a FanWing's OC in some of the WoF books again? 

• Posted at:

ṆḕṖṮṳṆḕ

Ⓣⓦⓘⓝ Ⓢⓘⓢⓣⓔⓡ ⓞⓕ Ⓢⓐⓣⓤⓡⓝ

ʍíɾɾօɾ-Եօմϲհ ՏվղҽՏԵհҽԵҽ    

Whenever your tears won't dry

I'll be there

Except I won't cause I            was inactive ×_× 

This is getting me SO EXCITED for the new arc! Thank you so much for being such a great author and inspirational person!

• Posted at:

✦ <> Silverskies <> ✦

♫ QueeoScrollanLibraries ♫

"Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never seen them dancing on a windy day.~Shira Tamir

Haha sorry Crimson.

Will all of the protagonists be Pantalan dragons, and if so how many from each tribe or is this classified?
Is Pantalan the right way to refer to a dragon from Pantala?
Can SilkWings be stripy/spotted/clear-scaled/etc? It says they can be "any color under the sun" but I want to know moooore

What do LeafWings eat?

• Posted at:

eventide/spectral

she/heand they/them

and we're powered by every tear that's dried

@Tui

I’m excited for the next books in the third arc. But I have a question, how do dragons get tattoos? Also will the Pantalan dragons have possible tattoos like some Pyrrhia dragons or no? 

• Posted at:

Øł  

Dragons  

Night Forest

Howling ghosts they reappear, In mountains that are stacked with fear

Through pain, through fear, through darkness and death, I will always stay with you

Are all the books in arc 3 going to have a protagonist from Pantala?

• Posted at:

#1:

You had mentioned before that no dragon can fly far enough to get to Pantala. But couldn't a curious SeaWing make it to Pantala at some point? Or at least close to it?

#2: 

Is it possible to have another new content in arc 4? We have bats, and insects, but what about the birds?

#3:

Well, this is more of a statement than a question but in the graphic novel, I spotted a difference. In the part where they tell the prophecy, the MudWing egg had some kind of stripes down the shell. And the SandWing egg had a design that looked like mountains. Then, during the part were the eggs hatched, the Mud and Sand egg switched designs.

• Posted at:

-=|GALAXEE|=-

_Queen of Pigeons_

She/her/they/them

"Never anger the Pigeon Overlord, life lesson to ya'll."

Colors tell you everything

LGBTQ+

#IFOUNDMYPASSWORD

you should read homestuck

• Posted at:

CR∆ZY Sirjani Bloom Elementorial

Venom

KINGOF cr∆zy,ravens,blobs

PRINCEOF ice,wolves,phoenixes

ANIMALS RULE

I reject your reality, and substitute my own!Adam Savage

WRITER

Magician

ThreadGhost

ߨˆçˆ∂å¬

To Tui, 

I love reading your books, and have so many ideas about stories I could make, but I have no idea how to organize them in to a story, I have so many ideas about fantasy books but when I start to get the paper and pen to write it with, I get distracted and play video games for the rest of the day. Can you help me? (by the way, can you check out my dragon new dragon species post, p.s. your next nightwings were the insperation for my Darkwings)

A devoted reader, Wizardcookie558

• Posted at:

I just need it to be out already

• Posted at:

D R A G O N

E v e ry  o ne I s cr a zy  SO ME HO W

I like Dragons/ good books

You definitely need to add the new tribes in. The “Dragon tribes” section

• Posted at:

D R A G O N

E v e ry  o ne I s cr a zy  SO ME HO W

I like Dragons/ good books

not gonna be surprised if book 12 pov is cricket

• Posted at:

wild

throw me to the wolves and i'll come back having driven then all away with my rambles

Are you going to make a wings of fire tv show?

• Posted at:

Tui T.Sutherland how many more wings of fire books do you think you will make before you stop

• Posted at:

I really want to be a writer because of you and your books!! Thank you so much for inspiring me to love books as much as I do!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Your Friendly Neighborhood Fangirl

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

Pegasister

Luke Skywalker and Dipper Pines are MINE

"When in doubt go to the library" ~J.K Rowling

#BeMoreFicional

#GrAvItYfAlLs

#MARVEL

#RIPStanLee

This is so cool! I just have one question:

Where do you get inspiration for specific plot points? I usually have a few characters I want to write about but it takes a while for me to figure out what they're actually going to do.

• Posted at:

cσяεү

I'm not real. I'm theatre.

"You must be truly desperate to come to me for help." -Loki

MBotF

b o o

ice cold

Are there any hybrids of HiveWings and SilkWings? 

• Posted at:

Rune

She | Her | Timelord

If you can't see in the dark,

Then try turning on the lights.

"Bowties are cool. " ~The Doctor

Only 08 more days 'til Chirstmas!

Triplets with Time and Tiger

Why only 3 new Tribes? 

• Posted at:

Tsunami 

I’m crazy and proud of it

Forum sibs:key,fallen,Shi,lily,lily-Anna,Alphawolf,Egret

Books! I am obsessed with books!

Wolfs are awesome 

I am:

Ravenclaw

Athena’s daughter 

Riverclan

Leavewing/Seawing 

do dragons form scabs?

• Posted at:

we used to play outside

insanity. they/them/ae/aer.

when we were young

bigender. gynesexual. on discord.

and full of life and full of love

will there ever be any mythical creatures other then dragons featured in these books¿ such as griffins or even just more dragon-like things such as wyverns or lindworms¿ and what happened to grasswings

• Posted at:

CR∆ZY Sirjani Bloom Elementorial

Venom

KINGOF cr∆zy,ravens,blobs

PRINCEOF ice,wolves,phoenixes

ANIMALS RULE

I reject your reality, and substitute my own!Adam Savage

WRITER

Magician

ThreadGhost

ߨˆçˆ∂å¬

@ Tui i’m a of ALLL YOUR BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!! Also i have been wanting to ask you, which is gonna be more likely Sunnyflight, or StarSpeaker? Please answer.

Also a couple more things!!! My sister and I are like super Fanwings, I’ve pretty much memorized every quip Qibli has made. This became useful when that sister got stung by a scorpion, (not like deadly phew) and we found ourselves laughing even in our current situation!! And we often talk about who would work best together, we both agree on moonbli ans turtlejou (or kinkajurtle, but that one just sounds silly) ok... ok... Ive been wanting to send some sort of SUPER fan mail forever now. So I hope that you’ve had read this... PLZ CONTINUE WINGS OF FIRE FOREVER!!!! Jk you dont have to, but Wings of fire has pretty much become more than half my life!! LOVE UR BOOKS!!!! FAV SERIES EVER!!!!! Ok, thats it bye now!

• Posted at:

FIREFLY The Dragon/Cat/Human Hybrid

"The limit of creation is the limit of your imagination" - Me  

#RememberHurricane

1 ,