@Time well for the most part they're all chill in Dispa except for  slight paranoia about Sapien kids wielding magic and suspicions that an Imp will make a deal with a sentient object and try to take over Dispa. The Cyanea's general attitude towards the other races are either "ew get away from me you barbarian scum" or "ah! Please don't kill me with all those traits that are totally made up by the government to keep us away from the continent!" On the rest of Altraea, the general attitude is "Hah! My race is far superior to yours you uncultured swine!" 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Lover of Insects & Arachnids

~Dying inside

"Facts may be colored by the personalities of

the people who present them." ~Twelve Angry Men

Remember the lost

Oh, ok.

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

He/Him/Timelord

This is my Forumfic sign-up thread: /339280, If you want to read it, here: /340457

Native to the WoFMB

Forum triplets with Rune and Tiger

God of magic and time (GGaD)

C H I L L

The truth is good even if it hurts

Up

• Posted at:

-^-Longclaw-^-

She/Her/They/Them

Goddess of Gore, Coyotes, and Obsidian

Queeof Nighttime and Demonic Entities

In death, there comes peace and rebirth

#REMEMBERHURRICANE

For every life lost, a sorrow felt in millions

Chapter 3

Time was pale, shaking, and terrified out of his mind. A second ago he’d been trapped in an alley and about to be consumed by purple flames. His friends had all been screaming.

Now, everything was back how it had been before the flames.

Darina sunk to the floor, looking just as frightened as Time. “A-am I dead?” She whispered. She wrapped her arms around herself. She was also shaking. “I-I was burning… And… I’m n-not now…” She was one of Time’s closest friends. She had brown skin, blue-black hair that was kept up in two space buns, and blue eyes. She had the beginnings of vitiligo on her forearms and a silver piercing on her left eyebrow. She had blue and purple dragonfly wings.

“No...I-I don’t think we’re dead.” Time said. “I think I…” He stopped himself. If he let anyone know of his suspicions, he’d be dead by tomorrow. So he stayed silent, pretending to still be in shock of what had just happened. It wasn’t hard.

Swampy slid down from a rooftop and landed beside them, glancing around nervously...and was that also guilt? Time couldn’t imagine how she’d gotten up there. For some reason there was an owl feather in her hair.

Swampy was another close friend of Time. She had fair skin with freckles all over her arms and face. One of her eyes was blue and the other was green. Her nose was crooked and she had long brown hair that she usually kept in a ponytail.

She went over to Darina and put a comforting arm around her. “Do you think this was caused by a Sapien?” She asked, looking oddly calm. Maybe it had been her who stopped the flames and not Time himself as he suspected. Maybe she’d had magic all along and had managed to keep it secret so she knew she had nothing to worry about.

That seemed unlikely though. No offense to her, but she didn’t really seem like the magic wielding type. Besides, a Sapien with magic was almost always found out and killed within the day of the awakening of their powers. It was almost always just too obvious to hide.

“That’s….” Darina said. She took a deep breath, starting to get over her shock. “That’s the most likely scenario.”

“A Sapien must also have caused it.” Time pointed out.

Darina looked extremely worried. “Two awakenings in the same day? Is that even possible?”

“The first must have triggered the second.” Swampy said. She glanced over at Time. “You...you weren’t the one with the second awakening, are you?” She asked.

“I...don’t know.” Time said carefully. “Everything happened too quick. But, we’ll know by the end of the day either way anyway, won’t we?” He forced a smile, but it immediately dropped. “Ugh, that was a terrible joke.”

Swampy reached up and pat Time on the arm. “Yup.” She said. “But don't worry. I’m sure it wasn’t you with the awakening, and even if it was, Flutter and I could smuggle you out. Right?” She glanced over at Darina, who nodded seriously. Flutter was Swampy’s nickname for Darina.

“Same if it’s you.” Time promised. “But what do we do about the first? What if they explode again and the second doesn’t have enough magic to stop another explosion?”

“We’ll find them and smuggle them out.” Swampy said. “We’ll do the same with the first. I disapprove of murder based on your birth identity.”

“And how will we do that?” Darina asked.

“We’ll figure it out on the way!” Swampy answered cheerfully. She hopped to her feet and helped Darina up. “Did you guys see where the explosion started?”

“The school, I think.” Time answered.

“Then off to school we go!” Swampy said.

“Quickly.” Darina said. “Because if we wait any longer I think we’re gonna be late.”

With that, they all began towards the school. Looking around, they could see everyone in various states of panic, disbelief, shock, and fear. The whole street seemed to have dissolved into chaos.

Several people were glaring at Swampy and Time, as if they thought that they might have been the ones to cause the explosion.

Once, Time bumped into an Imp guy and was given a disgusted look.

Time was growing more tired by the second too. It felt like every time he took a step, he’d really just run across a room at top speed. He remembered the time the leader of the Cursed Sapien Elimination Squad (or CSES for short) came to his school to give a presentation on how they were able to sniff out cursed Sapiens. And yes, even they admitted that the name was really stupid.

They had said that Cursed Sapiens constantly leaked magic, so much that you could usually tell that they were cursed just by seeing how tired they were.

They were almost to school when they were stopped by a man in a black and white uniform. A member of CSES.

“You and you.” He said, pointing to Time and Swampy. “Come with me.” He glanced at Darina. “You can keep going.”

Darina started walking back to the school and glanced back at Swampy and Time nervously. Be careful, she mouthed.

Time swallowed. By now he was certain that he was the second Sapien, the one who had undone the explosion. Maybe they’d spare him if they found out that he’d saved everyone… No, that was unlikely at best. IF they planned on saving even a single cursed Sapien, they’d have spared the kid that had turned the deadly hurricane into a few fluffy clouds a few years back.

Too soon, it seemed, they were led inside a large stone room. There were at least fourteen other Sapien kids there, all in a long line to face the CSES people that were there. The head hadn’t arrived yet.

Swampy and Time were also put into line. Time looked closely at the other kids. He recognized most of them from school. Then he spotted one of his and Swampy’s other friends, Nightwolf.

Though Nightwolf lived in a different neighborhood and was also in a different class, they’d gotten really close with her, Swampy especially. Once Swampy had joked about adopting Nightwolf as her little sister.

Nightwolf had dark brown eyes and long black hair that had bangs long enough to almost entirely cover her left eye. Her skin was a light tan color.

Nightwolf was closer to the front of the line. Her expression betrayed no emotion, but even from where Time was he could see her hands trembling. She was obviously frightened.

And then Time saw it, the thin trail of smoke rising from Nightwolf’s palms.

He remembered something else the CSES leader had said. He had said that they believed that the incidents in which the Sapien’s curses were revealed or triggered were caused by a burst of emotion or fear for their life, which is why they’re usually revealed in their teens.

Time nudged Swampy and nodded towards Nightwolf. It took her a second to see it, but when she saw the smoke her eyes widened.

A few minutes later, the CSES people in the room saw it too. One of them whipped out a bow and aimed an arrow at Nightwolf.

Nightwolf’s eyes widened in panic and she backed away, her hands bursting into purple flames. The other kids backed away from her.

Swampy let out a scream of no, which turned into a howl as she became a husky and leapt to stop the guy. But it was too late. He’d already released the arrow.

Time took a step forward, only to find himself become dizzy. He suddenly felt as if someone had yanked him backwards and next thing he knew he was in an alley again and about to faceplant into the ground.

Everything went black.

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost

poke

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost

VERY, VERY NICE.

after what just happend, I'm now even more interested in his forumfic!

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

He/Him/Timelord

This is my Forumfic sign-up thread: /339280, If you want to read it, here: /340457

Native to the WoFMB

C H I L L

oOO the plot thickens

• Posted at:

eventide/spectral

she/heand they/them

and we're powered by every tear that's dried

Great job Cleaver!

• Posted at:

-^-Longclaw-^-

She/Her/They/Them

#REMEMBERHURRICANE

Suddenly, I see all the mistakes I missed before submitting.

Also thank you to all of you for actually liking this! I would turn this into a sappy and really cheesy speech but I'm terrible at making speeches so... *throws confetti at everyone* this'll have to do.

Also I'm debating on whether to continue this plot next chapter or the chapter after this chapter because I still need to... do spoiler stuff.

So yeah. Do you guys want to continue Time's plot or other plot?

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost

So have you introduced all of the plots yet?

Go whichever way you want, just remember to evenly distribute the plots, or go in a cycle.

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

He/Him/Timelord

Native to the WoFMB

C H I L L

Both me and Time have blacked out. I am certainly optimistic for the future. 

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#FennecForForumFennecFox

Treasure Chest Filled With Your Diamonds

Did it ever get so BAD that you just had to laugh while the whole world crashes down?

Or I Could Come Alone, Just Me, You On Our Own

The fear of falling apart 

@Time I've introduced all the plots that I can at the moment, but there might still be a few more to come.

I might just end up writing both chapters and then flipping a coin to see which one I post first and then post the other the next day or something.

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost

@Fennec

yes...be optimistic *cackles evilly* be very, very optimistic.... *continues to cackle*

Acting evil is so fun.

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost

Bookmark

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Your Friendly Neighborhood Fangirl

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

Pegasister

Luke Skywalker and Dipper Pines are MINE

"When in doubt go to the library" ~J.K Rowling

#BeMoreFicional

#GrAvItYfAlLs

#MARVEL

#RIPStanLee

I love this! Fantastic writing and great plot! 

• Posted at:

Rune

She | Her | Timelord

If you can't see in the dark,

Then try turning on the lights.

"Bowties are cool. " ~The Doctor

Only 08 more days 'til Chirstmas!

Triplets with Time and Tiger

I think it'd be torture for Fennec and Time if you switched plots on them, so I say go for it >=)

• Posted at:

Long live the KING

Life is real! Life is earnest!

And the grave is not its goal;

"Dust thou art, to dust returnest,"

Was not spoken of the soul

"There are no good-for-nothing spirit souls—only good-for-nothing spirit masters"

—Grandmaster

Oh my gosh. How did I not find this sooner?! This is SO good! I reread everything about 3 times. This is really good! You write like a professional author! It's so amazing I don't have words for it.

• Posted at:

Someone named NightWolf...

I don't mind whatever gender you identify me as.

Remember ThosWho Left...

Life is just a façade, love...

i'm human, aren't i? so should i act like one?

Secret ARMY here...

This is awesome! I submitted myself to :)

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

Pegasister

#BeMoreFicional

#GrAvItYfAlLs

#MARVEL

#RIPStanLee

@Swampy thanks!

@King XD You have no idea how tempted I am

@Nightwolf Really? Thank you! You have no idea how much it means to me to hear that XD 

@Reading thanks! I'll go check it out.

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost

Yess! It's awesome!

• Posted at:

Remember ThosWho Left...

Secret ARMY here...

:)

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

Pegasister

#BeMoreFicional

#GrAvItYfAlLs

#MARVEL

#RIPStanLee

I feel like I could have done better, but it's been four days already and I should probably post this already.

Chapter 4

Violet had been halfway to school before she’d been informed of what had happened.

Actually, she hadn’t been informed. She’d stumbled onto the crime scene.

Several Sea Foxes, serpent like creatures with a fierce temper, were patrolling the area and keeping a great white at bay while a handful of policemen and women were combing the area for clues.

Violet could taste the faint traces of blood still in the water.

Her friend Umi, who had apparently been hovering around a since a little bit before she’d arrived, swam over to her and her neighbor’s son, Fleckeri, (who she took to and from school for her neighbors since they worked odd hours at work) with a serious look on his face.

“Violet…” He said. “Something’s happened.”

“I can taste the blood. Was someone murdered?” Violet asked.

“They’re not sure.” Umi said. “I was on my way to school, and then I heard some rumors that Naiad had never come home from school, and then one of my friends said that they were going to school when they came across some blood and a few frenzied sharks so they sent a messenger dolphin to the police and they found Naiad’s pen, so I came to check it out. They checked with Naiad’s parents and the rumors of her not coming home are true and now they’re completely hysterical.”

“But I talked to her right after school ended!” Violet exclaimed. “everything was fine! I even invited her to go whale watching with us!”

“Hey, calm down. The police will find her. The Sea Foxes claim to have a sense of smell that rivals that of sharks too. If she’s underwater, which I’m sure she is, they’ll be able to find her scent.” Umi said.

Violet stayed silent.

Umi flashed her a comforting smile and off to school they went.

During class, police officers were taking kids out one at a time to answer questions.

They were the standard “What was she wearing the last time you saw her? Where did you last see her? And...When did you last see her?

Violet explained how she’d invited Naiad to go whale watching with her friends but Naiad had declined a few minutes after school had ended.

The two officers, whose names were Carukia and Malo, exchanged a look before informing her that out of all the students they’d questioned thus far, Violet had been the last to see and talk to Naiad.

This left a sick feeling inside Violet’s stomach and an idea began to form in Violet’s head. Maybe if I’d tried harder to get her to go whale watching with me, this wouldn’t have happened. It’s probably my fault...

After school, Violet immediately sought out Umi. “We need to talk.” She said and dragged him into the outskirts of the kelp forest.

“Okay, so what do you want to talk about?” Umi asked. “Is it about Naiad?”

Violet nodded. “I’ve been thinking hard about this all day, and I’ve decided that I want to try and find Naiad.”

“You’re insane.” Umi said. “Let the police handle it. They can get her back.”

“But what if they can’t?” Violet asked. “According to my parents, the likelihood of a police officer finding someone who has gone missing is only one every five missing people. And they never check outside the kingdom! Anyone could have kidnapped Naiad and fled the kingdom far away so we’ll never find her again!”

“Violet, my dad is in the police.” Umi said. “He’s solved nearly every case he’s gotten, and he’s taken this case. Besides, and I know this is a worst case scenario, but what if she’s already dead? Do you want to be the one to discover her body? Or worse, what if you spot the killer in the act? You’ll be dead too.”

“She’s not dead.” Violet said. “I know it.”

“Is this another one of your gut feelings?” Umi asked. “Because no offense, but your gut feelings caused me to have to wrestle a shark. I mean, I knew I could do it, I’ve done it hundreds of times before, but my point is that you really shouldn’t trust your gut.”

“Well...you can’t stop me.” Violet said. “Because I’m going to look for her.”

Umi sighed. “As much as I know I’m going to regret this later, I’m going to help you. If you go alone, I’ll kill myself with worry and anxiety. And you might die too and I wouldn’t know and I’d feel terrible.”

“Great!” Violet said. “So uh, you’re the one with a police family, where should we start?”

Umi sighed. “I’m already regretting this…” He muttered. In a louder voice, he said “The crime scene, duh. We’ll probably have to sneak in and we might get in trouble, but we might be able to find something.” His tone suggested that he thought that that would be extremely unlikely.

Violet decided to ignore that detail and began to swim towards where she remembered the crime scene, only to make a small detour to notify Fleckeri that he’d have to go home with his friends because she had something to do.

After that, she went to the crime scene.

“Yeah...you’re not going to find anything.” Umi said, after a few minutes of searching through the sand. “You can tell that they probably spent all day combing through this area.”

“I’m sure we can find something…” Violet said. She scooped up a handful of sand and accidentally disturbed a Flatfish, which moved away from her and went back to looking exactly like the sand around it.

She began to drift towards a small outcropping of rocks, her focus completely on the sand beneath her, occasionally pausing to pick up a piece of broken shell that looked suspcious.

She had been so absorbed with what she was doing that she almost didn’t notice the flash of green and blue skin ducking farther behind the rocks for cover.

“Umi!” Violet yelled, and the chase began.

Meanwhile, many miles offshore and deep in the dark swamps of Altraea, a small wooden cart was struggling through the muck. Inside that cart, a certain Cyanea was slowly regaining her consciousness...

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost

I feel like I could have done better, but it's been four days already and I should probably post this already.

Chapter 4

Violet had been halfway to school before she’d been informed of what had happened.

Actually, she hadn’t been informed. She’d stumbled onto the crime scene.

Several Sea Foxes, serpent like creatures with a fierce temper, were patrolling the area and keeping a great white at bay while a handful of policemen and women were combing the area for clues.

Violet could taste the faint traces of blood still in the water.

Her friend Umi, who had apparently been hovering around a since a little bit before she’d arrived, swam over to her and her neighbor’s son, Fleckeri, (who she took to and from school for her neighbors since they worked odd hours at work) with a serious look on his face.

“Violet…” He said. “Something’s happened.”

“I can taste the blood. Was someone murdered?” Violet asked.

“They’re not sure.” Umi said. “I was on my way to school, and then I heard some rumors that Naiad had never come home from school, and then one of my friends said that they were going to school when they came across some blood and a few frenzied sharks so they sent a messenger dolphin to the police and they found Naiad’s pen, so I came to check it out. They checked with Naiad’s parents and the rumors of her not coming home are true and now they’re completely hysterical.”

“But I talked to her right after school ended!” Violet exclaimed. “everything was fine! I even invited her to go whale watching with us!”

“Hey, calm down. The police will find her. The Sea Foxes claim to have a sense of smell that rivals that of sharks too. If she’s underwater, which I’m sure she is, they’ll be able to find her scent.” Umi said.

Violet stayed silent.

Umi flashed her a comforting smile and off to school they went.

During class, police officers were taking kids out one at a time to answer questions.

They were the standard “What was she wearing the last time you saw her? Where did you last see her? And...When did you last see her?

Violet explained how she’d invited Naiad to go whale watching with her friends but Naiad had declined a few minutes after school had ended.

The two officers, whose names were Carukia and Malo, exchanged a look before informing her that out of all the students they’d questioned thus far, Violet had been the last to see and talk to Naiad.

This left a sick feeling inside Violet’s stomach and an idea began to form in Violet’s head. Maybe if I’d tried harder to get her to go whale watching with me, this wouldn’t have happened. It’s probably my fault...

After school, Violet immediately sought out Umi. “We need to talk.” She said and dragged him into the outskirts of the kelp forest.

“Okay, so what do you want to talk about?” Umi asked. “Is it about Naiad?”

Violet nodded. “I’ve been thinking hard about this all day, and I’ve decided that I want to try and find Naiad.”

“You’re insane.” Umi said. “Let the police handle it. They can get her back.”

“But what if they can’t?” Violet asked. “According to my parents, the likelihood of a police officer finding someone who has gone missing is only one every five missing people. And they never check outside the kingdom! Anyone could have kidnapped Naiad and fled the kingdom far away so we’ll never find her again!”

“Violet, my dad is in the police.” Umi said. “He’s solved nearly every case he’s gotten, and he’s taken this case. Besides, and I know this is a worst case scenario, but what if she’s already dead? Do you want to be the one to discover her body? Or worse, what if you spot the killer in the act? You’ll be dead too.”

“She’s not dead.” Violet said. “I know it.”

“Is this another one of your gut feelings?” Umi asked. “Because no offense, but your gut feelings caused me to have to wrestle a shark. I mean, I knew I could do it, I’ve done it hundreds of times before, but my point is that you really shouldn’t trust your gut.”

“Well...you can’t stop me.” Violet said. “Because I’m going to look for her.”

Umi sighed. “As much as I know I’m going to regret this later, I’m going to help you. If you go alone, I’ll kill myself with worry and anxiety. And you might die too and I wouldn’t know and I’d feel terrible.”

“Great!” Violet said. “So uh, you’re the one with a police family, where should we start?”

Umi sighed. “I’m already regretting this…” He muttered. In a louder voice, he said “The crime scene, duh. We’ll probably have to sneak in and we might get in trouble, but we might be able to find something.” His tone suggested that he thought that that would be extremely unlikely.

Violet decided to ignore that detail and began to swim towards where she remembered the crime scene, only to make a small detour to notify Fleckeri that he’d have to go home with his friends because she had something to do.

After that, she went to the crime scene.

“Yeah...you’re not going to find anything.” Umi said, after a few minutes of searching through the sand. “You can tell that they probably spent all day combing through this area.”

“I’m sure we can find something…” Violet said. She scooped up a handful of sand and accidentally disturbed a Flatfish, which moved away from her and went back to looking exactly like the sand around it.

She began to drift towards a small outcropping of rocks, her focus completely on the sand beneath her, occasionally pausing to pick up a piece of broken shell that looked suspcious.

She had been so absorbed with what she was doing that she almost didn’t notice the flash of green and blue skin ducking farther behind the rocks for cover.

“Umi!” Violet yelled, and the chase began.

Meanwhile, many miles offshore and deep in the dark swamps of Altraea, a small wooden cart was struggling through the muck. Inside that cart, a certain Cyanea was slowly regaining her consciousness...

((Might double post))

((Mods please let this through))

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost

darn it, it did double post

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost

It's good! I wonder what happened to Time after he blacked out....

• Posted at:

Remember ThosWho Left...

Secret ARMY here...

YASSSSS, Umi’s bAcK! *Excited cheering* 

• Posted at:

Niko

God of Mischief, bad luck, and luck

“Nishishishi~“– Kokichi Ouma

“Stop Talking, I will win. That’s… what heroes do.”–Bakugou Katsuki

Join my BNHA rp at /332175 :)

Great writing! 

• Posted at:

Rune

She | Her | Timelord

If you can't see in the dark,

Then try turning on the lights.

"Bowties are cool. " ~The Doctor

Only 08 more days 'til Chirstmas!

Triplets with Time and Tiger

Very nice!

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

He/Him/Timelord

Native to the WoFMB

C H I L L

@Nightwolf FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON....wait. *flips through diabolical plans* Actually, you'll find out next next time. There is something I must do before I can allow Time to regain consciousness. 

@Niko YES, UMI IS BACK, HERE TO SPREAD HIS BLUFFS AND SPEAK SEA FOX yeah, that's the language I decided with

@Swampy and Time thanks! I'm glad you liked it

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost

YASSSS, Also the language sounds really cool! I can’t wait for the next edition with him and Violet :D

• Posted at:

Niko

God of Mischief, bad luck, and luck

“Nishishishi~“– Kokichi Ouma

“Stop Talking, I will win. That’s… what heroes do.”–Bakugou Katsuki

Join my BNHA rp at /332175 :)

Wow... Seeing what happened to them after I 'died'  is interesting. 

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#FennecForForumFennecFox

Treasure Chest Filled With Your Diamonds

Did it ever get so BAD that you just had to laugh while the whole world crashes down?

Or I Could Come Alone, Just Me, You On Our Own

The fear of falling apart 

I love how it's like a land story and a sea story, that will perhaps merge together in the future. 

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

Pegasister

#BeMoreFicional

#GrAvItYfAlLs

#MARVEL

#RIPStanLee

XD Neat

• Posted at:

Remember ThosWho Left...

Secret ARMY here...

I agree with Reading. Your writing style is amazing as well!

• Posted at:

-^-Longclaw-^-

She/Her/They/Them

#REMEMBERHURRICANE

@Niko  XD thanks!

@Fennec yup. Sometimes it's funner to write about than the actual "death" 

@Reading it'll probably become a mostly land story in the future because writing about the ocean is much harder for me than it should be and there aren't enough good pictures on Google to help me out.

@Longclaw thanks!

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost

Lol glad I'm land

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

Pegasister

#BeMoreFicional

#GrAvItYfAlLs

#MARVEL

#RIPStanLee

Watermelon

• Posted at:

-^-Longclaw-^-

She/Her/They/Them

#REMEMBERHURRICANE

Chapter 5

Naiad blinked awake, groaning slightly. The side of her head was aching and throbbing.

The first thing she noticed was the terrible taste and smell of the water she was in. Was she in swamp water or something?

Opening her eyes, she was disappointed to find that there was some kind of itchy sack over her head. She could feel that her legs and wrists had been bound with a similar material.

She could feel something cool and smooth pressed against her sides. She didn’t like that feeling at all. She tried to feel around her surroundings with her bound hands and found that there was a lid to the strange container she was in.

Her alarm grew as the events of before came into sharp focus inside her mind. She was still alive and in a very, very small space. Her alarm turned to panic. 

Naiad began kicking at the walls and trying to get out. Was it just her or were the walls getting closer? Squeezing the icky swamp water from her gills and making it hard for her to breathe.

Her knee scraped the rough lid but she hardly noticed.

"Oi! What's goin on in there!" A voice growled and banged the top of the lid. "If you don't stop we'll knock you out again!"

Yes, please do, anything is better than this! Naiad wanted to say. She settled for kicking the side of the container again and putting a small dent in it.

She kicked it again and she felt a small current appear. She'd caused a leak.

Some part of Naiad realized that this was a bad thing and that she should stop kicking the walls, but most of Naiad was panicked and very claustrophobic so that small bit of reason was silenced.

There was some grumbling and the lid of the container was opened, and though Naiad couldn’t see it, the darkness got a bit lighter and she wanted to crawl out so bad.

And then Naiad heard a voice. “Hey!” It shouted and she heard some strange rustling sound and a splash. “All I need is your slime you stupid toad!”

There was a thump as whoever had opened the lid dropped it and said “‘Ey! Who are you!”

Naiad managed to lift the lid back up a bit with her head, enough to make it so she could move her arms enough to pull of her hood. Once it was off, She was met with an astonishing sight.

There were tall brown sticks with leaves that faced every direction except down. Trees, the textbooks had called them. The ground was a rich, darker brown, though it was hard to see through the layer of murky water that covered it. There were what the textbooks had called bushes and the whole area seemed to be alive with different sounds like croaking and the chirping of birds.

She was in some kind of metal box and beneath it was something that resembled a boat that had grown wheels and some kind of strange antennae in order for it to be pulled by two massive brown creatures with a sort of mohawk going down the center of its neck and thin legs that Naiad didn’t believe could possibly hold their weight. They glanced at her with such sad and miserable eyes that it broke Naiad’s heart just to look at them and she found herself desperately wanting to release them from the ropes that attached it to the boat.

About knee deep in the water were three adult Tads and a Tad kid about her age.

Naiad recognized one of them as the Tad with the sword, but the Tad with the net was nowhere to be seen. All three of the adult Tads were similar in appearance, with light brown skin and purple patterns.

The kid had green skin and pink patterns with a painfully bright green shirt and black pants. She had a brown pouch strapped to her hip with what seemed to be little bottles inside. She froze when she saw the adults.

“Uh...heeeeey.” She said. “Uh, I’m not interrupting anything am I?”

“What're you doin here?” One of them growled.

“I bet she’s here to steal the cyanea.” The sword guy said.

“What?” The girl said in confusion. “Where in the world did you get that idea from?” After a moment she narrowed her eyes. "Wait...You guys are slavers aren't you!"

“It's a one or two time thing.” The smallest of the adult tads said. “Just leave and pretend you didn’t say anything. Otherwise we’ll have to kill you.”

“Um, I don’t think I’m comfortable with the idea of slavery. Could you just like, let her go?” The girl said. “I mean, I really don’t want to fight you but…”

The sword guy drew his weapon. “If it’s a fight you want, we’ll gladly give it!” The other two guys drew a short spear and two daggers.

“That’s not what I was saying…” The girl trailed off. The three guys charged her and she panicked. “Wait! Hold on!” She frantically dug through her pouch. “At least give me a chance to get my weapon!” She pulled out a potion and uncorked it before throwing it’s contents into an ark to hit them. They immediately began screaming as the skin where it had touched them began to bubble. The girl panicked even more. “Omigosh I’m so sorry I picked the wrong one shoot shoot shoot shoot…” She continued to  mutter that as she dug through her pouch some more. “I’ll fix it!” She pulled out a small bag and looked up, only to realize that they were fleeing. “Or...not.”

She walked over to the cart and Naiad. “Um...hey.” She said. “Um, sorry you had to see that, uh, if you don’t want to stay here you can come to my home. I mean unless you like it here, there’s no pressure...”

“Um… can we release...those things first?” Naiad said and pointed to the brown creatures. 

“You mean the horses? Sure.” The girl said. “Uh, the water should be deep enough for you to breathe comfortably, but you won’t be able to stand. You can hop down whenever you’re ready.” She went over to the horses and started messing with the ropes that bound them to the boat. “Oh, and by the way, I’m Cleaver.” The girl said.

“Naiad.” Naiad answered.

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost

I really like this chapter because you create such relatable and realistic characters. I fell like I can connect with Cleaver and Naiad both in this chapter.

• Posted at:

-^-Longclaw-^-

She/Her/They/Them

#REMEMBERHURRICANE

Same

• Posted at: