Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Friendly Neighborhood Fangirl

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

I’m really going to miss the forums. I love all of you! Please find me on homebase! My user is the same!

Thanks!

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Lover of Insects & Arachnids

~Dying inside

"Facts may be colored by the personalities of

the people who present them." ~Twelve Angry Men

Remember the lost 

"Can I borrow your blood?" So casual. So well put. So not weird. Not threatening at all. Not dangerous or creepy. XD

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#FennecForForumFennecFox

Treasure Chest Filled With Your Diamonds

Did it ever get so BAD that you just had to laugh while the whole world crashes down?

Or I Could Come Alone, Just Me, You On Our Own

The fear of falling apart 

@Fennec XD Totally.

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost 

Chapter 10

“Hey Detective Shimizu.” Violet said, feeling nervous as she stared up at the tall Cyanea. Like his son, he had dark teal stingers and lighter teal frilly tentacles. They also bore similar facial features. The resemblance stopped there.

While Umi’s skin was a dull teal, Detective Shimizu’s skin was a vibrant purple. His eyes were black and his cap was a dark blue. He also looked like how you’d imagine a whale hunter to look, all battle scarred and muscular.

“Where’d you find the Tad?” He asked, nodding towards the prisoner behind her.

“...here.” Violet answered quietly. It was pointless to lie. The detective could smell them like a shark could smell blood.

“Well, good job for catching him.” The detective said, patting Violet’s head. “I’ll take it from here.” He glanced back at the two officers he’d brought with him. “You two go see if there’s any more of them!” He ordered. They saluted and swam off.

He frowned at Violet. “You shouldn’t be going around alone though, we don’t want whatever happened to your classmate to happen to you.”

Violet nodded to show she understood. “I know.” She said.

“Well, you should probably go before your parents start freaking out.” He said. He turned to Pufferfish. “Gyetbach, ki alakya Violet ves.” (Pufferfish, go accompany Violet home.)

“Okay.” Violet said. “And um, are there any leads on the investigation yet?”

“None so far.” the detective said. “I’ll tell you when I find something though.”

That was a lie. Kids were only told things the adults thought they needed to know. And that was usually only if they found the missing people. Even Umi’s dad did that, despite his habit of treating kids like actual human beings, and not some cute little pet.

“Okay, thanks!” Violet said despite her thoughts. “Bye!” She waved and began her swim home, Pufferfish at her side.

~~~

Umi once again unpacked everything from his backpack and rearranged it. Did he really need paper? But what if he needed to write something down? What if some Altraeans spoke a different language? He would need it then, right? What if it was taking up too much space? What about the pens? What if they broke and ruined all of his things? Should he put it all in a box with the paper? What if that took up too much space too? Should he leave extra space for anything important he may find?

These questions circled around Umi’s head, increasing his anxiety and dread. He’d been up all night trying to figure out exactly what he needed to pack, which of his clothes would be the most durable and helpful on the continent. He couldn’t believe he was doing this, and for what?

A friend he wasn’t that close to? The girl who he had believed was a mute for most of his childhood?

Actually, those were very good reasons to go on a possibly deadly rescue mission. Even if he didn’t know them well, they were still people. Besides, if any of the books he’d read had even a fraction of truth to them, deadly situations were great for bonding.

His doubts (mostly) beaten, it was time to finish the task at hand.

Paper isn’t necessary, as there are books in the bag I can write on if need be. Umi decided. Pens are necessary though.

By the time dawn arrived, Umi had finally decided on everything he would need.

Light flooded into his room as his window was tugged open and Violet popped her head inside. “You better be ready.” She said.

“I am.” Umi responded, slipping his arms through the straps of his backpack.

“Then let’s go!” Violet retreated from the window to let Umi pass.

You could stop now. A quiet voice in Umi’s head whispered. Umi squashed it and followed Violet, who was now swimming away.

Regretting his decision to go sounded much more appealing than regretting a decision to stay.

~~~

Nightwolf opened her eyes with a groan. As her eyes adjusted to the harsh light, she realized that she was in an unfamiliar place. The ground was gray and smooth as glass. A faint mist clung to the ground and swirled around her body. The air smelled nostalgic, like something she couldn’t quite remember but knew was important.

She quickly realized that it was impossible for her to get to her feet. Her arms and legs felt like they’d been turned to stone.

“You, are horrendously weak.” A voice said.

Nightwolf squeaked as she noticed a woman who couldn’t possibly have been there before, crouched beside her.

The woman had short black hair and pale skin. Her eyes were a dark gray and she had a slightly bored expression on her face. She wore silver robes that looked much too big for her.

“I mean, a simple fire spell was all it took to bring you to the verge of death.” The woman continued. “It’s the day of your awakening too. Usually Sapiens have waaaay more power than that their first time. I mean, your friend, the tall dude, reversed time, and all you could do was nearly wipe out an entire city.”

“Well, congratulations anyway on surviving! You’ve got to be the only one since, I don’t even know when. You’re lucky to have tall dude as a friend.” The woman said.

“Um...thanks…?” Nightwolf said. “And uh, who are you.”

“Unimportant.” The woman said. “I’m just here to apologize for borrowing your body without permission, nearly getting you killed, and to offer you and tall dude a special once in a lifetime deal.”

“...you what?” Nightwolf said.

“Aw, come on! Don’t be cliche!” The woman scolded. “You heard me the first time.”

“Um, please don’t do that again.” Nightwolf said. “I don’t like the idea of possession.”

“Aren’t you going to ask about my deal?” The woman asked.

“I’m not really interested.” Nightwolf said. “For all I know you could be a demon. Or an evil dead person.”

“No, I’m a Sapien like you. The deal is, I’ll teach you and tall dude how to properly use your magic, in exchange for helping me fix the mistakes I made.” The woman said. “So how about it?”

“I can’t trust you.” Nightwolf said.

“Then what do I do to make you trust me?” The woman asked.

Nightwolf hesitated. “I’ll think about it.”

“Very well.” The woman smiled. “You have until the next time you fall asleep to give me your answer.” She got up. “Sweet dreams.” She raised her arms and the world crumpled away to black.

So, do you trust mysterious dream lady or not?

And also, she calls Time "tall dude" because she's short and doesn't know his name.

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost 

Don't trust mysterious dream lady. 

I literally spent most of my childhood being mute, you're spot on.

• Posted at:

{*}σεт{*}

ѕнєнєяѕριку ρσтαтσ

ɪ ɴ ɴ ɪ ɪʟʟ

ШΔTCH MΣ

Also, this is awesome!

• Posted at:

{*}σεт{*}

ѕнєнєяѕριку ρσтαтσ

ɪ ɴ ɴ ɪ ɪʟʟ

ШΔTCH MΣ

Detective=LIAR! 

That woman "Your friend reversed time and all you could do is nearly destroy a whole city." That's still pretty impressive. 

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#FennecForForumFennecFox

Did it ever get so BAD that you just had to laugh while the whole world crashes down?

Awesome! Can't wait to see me!

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

I’m really going to miss the forums. I love all of you! Please find me on homebase! My user is the same!

@Violet XD Being mute is fun.

@Fennec True XD But I think Dream Lady's more interested in time travel.

@Reading thanks! Don't worry I hope to introduce you soon

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost 

XD.

Person: What's your name?

Me: .....

Person: What's your favourite color?

Me: ....

Teacher: What's 4x2?, Violet?

Me: ...

The kids in all my classes laughed and I'd just sit there, not saying anything. But it was still fun.

• Posted at:

{*}σεт{*}

ѕнєнєяѕριку ρσтαтσ

ɪ ɴ ɴ ɪ ɪʟʟ

ШΔTCH MΣ

@Violet XD I never did anything like that, but when my sister was little I ended up having to go to school with her because she refused to talk to anyone but family members. The teachers had thought that she was legitimately mute until my mom told them.

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost 

Time, the “tall dude“ who isn’t actually tall :D

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

He/Him

This is my Forumfic sign-up thread: /339280, If you want to read it, here: /340457

Triplets with Rune and Tiger

I'm thinking of putting something here for the end of the fourms but idk yet.

Icy Spicy!

I’m now just thinking Time in a conversation like:

Person: do you have any nicknames?

Time: Oh, there’s this one short lady that calls me “Tall dude”

Person: ... but you’re not even that tall!

Time: But I’m tall when compared to her.

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

He/Him

This is my Forumfic sign-up thread: /339280, If you want to read it, here: /340457

Icy Spicy!

@Time XD And then in the background mystery lady screeches "I'M NOT SHORT THE REST OF THE WORLD IS JUST REALLY TALL!"

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost 

Cool cool

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

Updates are going to be slower from now on because school is starting soon and I'll have significantly less time to work on this. I'd also like to have chapters made ahead of time so that updates won't take forever like in my other stories and I like the idea of scheduled updates. Also in case I were to get grounded and my technology taken away, I'd already have the chapter prepared to post from a school computer. There are also other benefits I can't think of at the moment but know exist.

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost 

Take your time! It's fine!

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

He/Him

Icy Spicy!

i'M SO SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY. mY MOM TOOK AWAY MY ELECTRONICS. Arggh it was so awesome! I totally trust the mysterious lady, because why not. It's probably be a bad choice, but I'm a risk-taker.

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

November 23, 2016 March 29, 2019

2025 stars.

"don't cry because it's over. smile because it happened."

No words can describe how much I loved the WoFMB.

And no words will describe how sad it is to leave.

can i say i love you all?

Oh yeah, and I may or may not start calling Time "Tall Dude", because why not.

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

November 23, 2016 March 29, 2019

2025 stars.

"don't cry because it's over. smile because it happened."

No words can describe how much I loved the WoFMB.

And no words will describe how sad it is to leave.

can i say i love you all?

Looks like I'll be called "tall dude."

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

He/Him

Icy Spicy!

I want to draw Pufferfish

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#FennecForForumFennecFox

I still have another month of holiday and you guys will be at school. Oh. Well I guess that because America's hotter and July is the hottest month you need to be on holiday.

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#FennecForForumFennecFox

oof

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

He/Him

Icy Spicy!

Gold Acacia stumbled as he made his way to the front of the room. His notes were clutched tightly in his hand, the writing too small and messy to read. For his presentation, he'd need to be relying on his memory and the advice of his partner.

Sylvia Cyclamineus followed behind Gold, large pieces of rolled up parchment in her arms. “I can speak if you're too nervous.” she mumbled to him under her breath as she prepared for their presentation. 

“no… you worked on almost everything. It would be unfair of me to make you do this too.” Gold whispered back.

“Okay.” Sylvia answered. “Just remember what we practiced and you’ll do fine.” She finished with her preparations and stood to the side.

Gold took a deep breath and looked up at the fifty eyes that were expecting him to speak. This was the presentation that would decide whether or not they’d pass the class and go on to the jobs they wished for.

Gold began to speak. “In the time before potions, when dragons roamed the sky and Altraea’s scar had not yet been born, our culture and lifestyle was drastically different than the one we have now..”

Sylvia presented a piece of parchment with a drawing of a hundred armored fairies descending upon frightened Imps. It wasn't the best drawing ever created, but at least it's message came across.

“We were a war-like and aggressive race, conquering whatever we wanted whenever we could muster up the numbers. We were feared by all the other races but Drakon, who knew they’d be safe as long as dragon blood ran through their veins.”

“Nowadays, we’re calm and fairly peaceful. We get along with the other kingdoms and for the most part, that fear has disappeared.” Silva changed her drawing to that of a peaceful village of fairies going about their daily lives.

“So how did that change occur?” Gold continued. “That is the question that has been debated for nearly a century now, as none of the Fairy literature or records from that time have survived. None of the kingdoms ever recorded this change either except for a page in Lady Cita’s diary stating that she was nervous about the change in the “barbaric Insectians.” According to her diary, “they had spent many waxings and wanings of the moon preparing for the time they would attack again, but the skies were free of their stained spears.”

Gold went on to explain what he believed had caused the change. Sylvia dutifully presented the drawings that went with each event.

Once their presentation was over, Gold and Sylvia retreated back to their seats in the back in order for the next team to present. The polite clapping followed behind them until the next team was in place.

They watched as the other teams presented their projects. One team had done their presentation on the death and disgrace of Prince Becdia. Another team managed to make the Treaty of Xenuzuk sound interesting.

Gold found his heart sinking at every presentation and every project that seemed better than his.

And then suddenly it was the next day. The teacher was passing out everyone’s scores. Gold felt sick with nervousness as Dr. Narcissus came up to their desk and handed the paper into Gold’s shaking hands.

Sylvia took the paper and nodded with approval. “We didn’t fail. In fact, we got a C. That stands for creative you know.”

Gold buried his face in his hands. “Or Cry your eyes out.”

“Hey, we did better than half the people in our class.” Sylvia said. “Don’t feel bad. And look.” She pointed to what the teacher had written in the notes. “It’s cause I forgot the bibliography at home. Not your fault, mine. He told us he was giving us an automatic C if we didn’t include the bibliography and I was careless. I’ll do better next time we pair up.”

“There’s going to be a next time?” Gold asked, looking at her curiously.

“Yup! I like working with you. In fact, I think I’m going to refuse to work with anyone but you because you are awesome and probably the only person who’s ever protested against me doing all the work. Which makes you doubly awesome.” Sylvia said with a reassuring grin.

Gold smiled. “Thank you.”

“No problem buddy.” Sylvia said.

And that’s how a Fairy with low self esteem became friends with a psycho who would one day single-handedly overthrow their kingdom so she could prove that if she could take over the kingdom, he could graduate College and become an archaeologist.

Very few people know this, but after he found out what she did, Gold got mad at her for “going off and doing everything herself again.”

They ended up being the only King and Queen to have ruled together without being married or remotely interested in each other romantically.

Scholars and historians and shippers will forever be debating about whether this was true.

Took me two weeks of writing this whenever possible/whenever I wasn't spending that time working on the chapter if that tells you how much work I have to do now that school's started.

Once I get 3 chapters ahead I'll start posting them.

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost 

@Time thanks

@Nightwolf naw, it's alright. Thanks! Also yes trust mysterious lady...

@Fennec Yaaasss If you do I want to see the drawing XD And yup, America is very hot. Especially where I live. 

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost 

This is cool.

Is this some backstory? Or prequel?

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

He/Him

Icy Spicy!

@Time :) who knows

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost 

Poke

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost 

Well, anyways

A VERY NICE FOR YOU.

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

He/Him

Icy Spicy!

Awesome! Single-handley overthrowing the kingdom gets a "You went off and did everything yourself again? Sheesh, that's tough.

• Posted at:

{*}σεт{*}

ѕнєнєяѕριку ρσтαтσ

ɪ ɴ ɴ ɪ ɪʟʟ

ШΔTCH MΣ

@Violet XD thanks! literally the reason she made him king "see?? I'm not doing everything by myself!!! I'm including you!! Are you happy to be included for once????"

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost 

@Cleaver: XD 

Imagine this in five year old voices:

"You're doing everything by yourself! Unfair!" *Storms off*

"No I'm not. You can be king! See?"

"OK!" *Runs back over, smiling hopefully*

"Whadda we wanna do first? Make Sundays Everyone Gets a Free Sugary Treat day? See, I'm including you in the decision making!" *Face lights up in this childish way*

• Posted at:

{*}σεт{*}

ѕнєнєяѕριку ρσтαтσ

ɪ ɴ ɴ ɪ ɪʟʟ

ШΔTCH MΣ

@Violet XD That's so accurate it's beautiful 

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost 

Almost done with Chapter 13.

Depending on the amount of time I have, I'll be posting the next chapter by the end of the week.

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost 

YES! :D

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

He/Him

Icy Spicy!

Chapter 11

“And you have had no prior contact with these individuals?” The Investigator interrogated Ruby.

“No sir.” Ruby answered.

“That’ll be all for today.” The Investigator said. “My men will escort you out.”

“What about Kiki?” Ruby asked.

“She will be taken to the orphanage. If she’s lucky, someone will adopt her.” The Investigator answered.

“Could I adopt her?” Ruby asked.

The Investigator gave her a look that Firework could not see from her perch, but she imagined it was something like a look of amusement at her cluelessness.

For the past three or four hours, Firework had been watching them closely to make sure that Ruby would be safe. She’d flown into the building as stealthily as she could and had found a place in the rafters to watch.

The interrogation had been long and tedious. They were so thorough with the questions that Firework wondered if they had been prepared in advance.

She heard a door creak open and she looked down to see a girl poke her head into the room. The girl had curly black hair held in place by a headband and medium brown skin. Her voice was so soft Firework had to lean down to hear.

“Uh...Mr. detective?” She said. “My dad wants to speak with you. He’s in the other room.”

The detective sighed and scratched the back of his neck. “Fine. I’ll be there in a minute.”

Firework’s arm slipped and she nearly fell from her perch, making a squeaking sound in the process. She regained her balance and quickly clamped a hand over her mouth. Her palms burned and she knew they’d probably be all scratched and bleeding if she looked at them.

The girl’s head shot up and for a frightening minute, they held eye contact. Firework’s eyes went wide with fear. If the girl ratted her out, she would get arrested for spying.

“What was that?” The detective asked and the girl looked back at him. “A rat, I think.” She lied innocently. Firework could practically see her mind trying to piece everything together quickly.

“I’m going outside.” She said, looking back at Firework and giving her a stare that clearly meant that Firework was supposed to follow. She left the room.

Firework stayed still for a moment, but seeing no other alternative action that would end well, she crept along the rafter and quickly sneaked out of the building.

“Why did you sneak in?” The girl asked warily from next to the wall. “You aren’t a spy, are you?”

“No!” Firework squeaked in alarm. “I just wanted to make sure my friend was okay!”

The girl looked sceptical.

“I’m not lying!” Firework. “Please, don’t report me.”

“I won’t.” The girl said. “But if I catch you again, I will.”

She turned to head inside.

“Um, what’s your name?” Firework asked.

“Secret.” The girl muttered and sped inside.

~~~

Longclaw narrowed her eyes and prepared for a fight.

The girl panicked. “W-wait! I didn’t mean it like that!” She said quickly. “That came out wrong! I’m not a vampire I swear! I need changeling blood for a potion! Not for drinking or creepy rituals!”

“How do I know you’re not lying?” Longclaw asked warily.

“I’ve got potions!” The girl said, reaching to her side then paling when she apparently didn’t find it. “...at home.” She added. “I forgot them at home.” She brightened. “That means I’m not a threat right? I can’t fight at all! My only weapons are my potions, and half the time I don’t even use them correctly…”

That had been very evident from the start, but Longclaw didn’t relax. “It could be an ambush.” She pointed out.

“Oh…” The girl said. “Well I guess I can’t prove that… I’m really not a vampire though. And um, if you still don’t believe me, I could just leave…? Or you could come with me to my house… actually that sounds way creepier than I meant, sorry. No creepiness intended I swear!”

Longclaw, who had spent the entirety of the girl’s nervous rambling trying to figure out a way to solve the problem of her race being revealed, suddenly thought of a solution. While she had originally been considering murder, the solution Longclaw was considering would involve a lot less death.

“Fine, I’ll give you some of my blood.” Longclaw said. “On one condition:”

“Of course!” The girl said happily. “Anything!”

“You’re going to have to use your potions to forget what race I am.” Longclaw said. “Or better yet, forget that I existed in the first place. You’re going to lie to your friend about where the blood came from.”

The girl thought about this for a moment. “Um… well I did say anything…”

“Swear on it.” Longclaw said.

“I swear that I will uphold my promise to lie to Naiad on where I got the blood and use a potion to forget that Changelings aren’t extinct.” The girl said. “I swear on my life.”

“Good.” Longclaw said. “Now lead the way, I assume you don’t have an empty vial with you at the moment?”

“Nope.” The girl sighed. “I am woefully unprepared.”

Longclaw rolled her eyes.

“I’m Cleaver, by the way.” The girl said.

“I’m Longclaw.”

Meanwhile, many miles away from where Cleaver and Longclaw were chatting, Swampy and her friends had finally stopped to rest.

I'm still deciding on when to post the other chapters, but so far I'm considering weekly updates. 

Also... *throws confetti into the air* I have broken my record for the longest story I've written so far!!!

My other longest story was at 14,000 words when I let it curl up and die because of how ashamed I was at the terrible grammar and plot, and this story so far (including the chapters I haven't posted yet) is at 15,000 words!!!! 

I've also begun considering different ship ideas >:3

• Posted at:

Cleaver

~Atheist

~Questioning

~Dying inside

Remember the lost 

Great job! *Throws confetti as well*

Hahaha I’m on my school IPad and should be doing stuff about a wired book but no.

I love it.

• Posted at:

{*}σεт{*}

ѕнєнєяѕριку ρσтαтσ

ɪ ɴ ɴ ɪ ɪʟʟ

ШΔTCH MΣ

bookmarks, I'll read this later!

• Posted at:

ϮᎥოꂅ

He/Him

Icy Spicy!

Nice!

Also, yay! Shipping!

• Posted at:

ʀʊռɛ

She Her Timelord

➻ Triplet with Time and Tiger

➻ Definitely not Swampy

➻ Creator of CC

Technically, good times don't ever end. We'll always remember them.

242 Pages of Posts

6877+ Stars 

1 , 2 , , 4 , , 6