hey so these are just some of the reasons why i dislike certain wof ships. you don’t have to agree with them at all, these are just my personal opinions

moonstalker: please don’t. just don’t. darkstalker is mentally around 6 years old, making him the equivalent of an older high schooler, while moon is 4, the equivalent of a young middle schooler. although the age gap might not seem that bad to some, darkstalker is a scheming, calculating creep who emotionally manipulated clearsight when he was in a relationship with her, which would make a relationship with moon extremely unhealthy, even regardless of their age. not to mention that moon only ever agreed to help him find his scroll because she felt sorry for him. 

glorybringer: deathbringer is 13, while glory is 7, making him almost twice her age. glory was also only a dragonet when she first met him, while he was a full-grown adult at the time, around the equivalent of a 33-year-old. 

ripnami: this one also has to do with age gaps. riptide was already an adult when he first met tsunami, while she was 6, still making her a child.

cleril: i dislike this one because, again, peril was an adult upon meeting clay, who was still technically a dragonet. peril’s uncanny obsession with clay would also make a relationship between them unhealthy.

whirlnami/whirlemone: do i really even need to explain these two? 

smoldorn: smolder is well old enough to be thorn’s father.

umbli: umber is 7, an 18-year-old in human years, while qibli is 5, which would make him 13 in human years. 

more to come!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

seafoam

> an idiot

> gay™

> mainly active on discord

> owo 

DAng it, why do your points have to be so good ;-;

• Posted at:

Blueangel

Autocorrect says I'm Bangle.

and Google translate says I'm RedSea

What am I?

You can fix something, but that doesn't make it not broken

you can listen but that doesn't mean you understand.

BTS is my current obsession- Taekook is good.

These points are all Very Valid and I agree with all of them

• Posted at:

necro(mancer).

creator of CoI, the PJO FWRP (/355313)

the heart wants what it wants

and what it wants

is to burst out of your chest and terrorize people. it's an alien, remember?

what about winter x peril?

• Posted at:

A curious case, a reckless infection

Grif  

He/Him

Relatable Duo

mod chosen glitcher

2016-2019 \\ 8568 stars

It's a statewide inspection

Not only are these valid...they are good & true as well

• Posted at:

Clever, A Very Clevery Guy ❤❤❤

[exits, pursued by a bear]

bringing you cool good posts: Dec. 2014 - March 2019

appreciating and supporting you: today - forever!!!!

Moonstalker: Agree

Glorybringer: Disgaree, Tui said the age gape doesn't matter multiple times.

Ripnami: if the Glorybringer age gape doesn't matter, this one doesn't matter either.

Cleril: Thats like saying a 17 and 18 year old shouldn't be together because of their age difference. I agree with your second point.

Whirlpool Ships: heavily agree

Smoldorn: they're both adults

Umbli: we don't have know how old the dragons are in human years, and they're only two years apart.

• Posted at:

@midni: even if tui says that the age gap doesn’t matter, that doesn’t mean that it’s immediately so. in the case of glorybringer, the equivalent of a 33-year-old romantically pursuing a child should not be okay. it’s basically pedophilia. 

side note: tui has mentioned that 5 dragon years are equal to 13 human years, so 1 dragon year would be about 2.6 human years. by those calculations, qibli would be 13, and umber would be around 18. even if they’re only 2 years apart in dragon years, umber is still an adult who’s pursuing a child. 

with cleril, they’re both adults now, so the age gap doesn’t fully apply anymore. and you’re right about smoldorn, they’re also both adults, so it’s their choice if they want to be together, but i’m personally uncomfortable with it. that doesn’t mean that you can’t have your own personal opinions.

• Posted at:

seafoam

> an idiot

> gay™

> owo 

thank y’all 

@grif: with winter and peril, the age gap would be one thing, but i just feel like they wouldn’t really get along? two abrasive dragons who are bad at communicating with others just wouldn’t make a good couple imo 

• Posted at:

seafoam

> an idiot

> gay™

> owo 

not to mention with moonstalker, the physical age gap is far, far, far worse.

darkstalker is physically over 2,000 while moon's only 4.

that's like someone who's over 100 going on a date with someone who was born a day ago.

no, wait, an 100+ year old going out with a newborn is better than moonstalker because the age gap is smaller.

that basically proves how messed up moonstalker is.

I don't know why people still ship them.

• Posted at:

wild/spades

joined july 2nd, 2016

approximate star count: 5400

don't let the memories of this place die

What Wild said.

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#FennecForForumFennecFox

Treasure Chest Filled With Your Diamonds

Did it ever get so BAD that you just had to laugh while the whole world crashes down?

Or I Could Come Alone, Just Me, You On Our Own

The fear of falling apart 

We don't know how old they are in human years though.

She also said that Moon is the equivalent of a 16 year old human and that a 7 year old dragon is the equivalent of a 18 year old human. Moon is 5 and so is Qibli, so Qibli would be 16 in human years and Umber would be 18. A two year age difference isn't bad at all.

Even when Clay wasn't 7, the age gap wasn't bad. A 17 and 18 year old getting together isn't bad, so Cleril was never bad.

• Posted at:

6=18. It's canon.

• Posted at:

Fennec

The Fox 

#FennecForForumFennecFox

Treasure Chest Filled With Your Diamonds

Did it ever get so BAD that you just had to laugh while the whole world crashes down?

Or I Could Come Alone, Just Me, You On Our Own

The fear of falling apart 

@Seafoam I beg to differ. The rules in modern day don’t exactly apply to dragons.

• Posted at:

~{Alphawolf/K-9}~

~The Forum Doggo

~ Alpha of the OFWP

~ Dino-nerd

~ The Alpha Spartan

~ CT-43782  

#WeAreODST  

Thought Id try shooting my way out. Mix things up a little. -John-117  

I am a lone wolf.

I disagree with most of the canon dragonets of destiny ships just because they're just kind of there. Starting at the second arc we have a better understanding of how the dragons feel about each other, not just boom, girl meets guy, they're totally in love now.

I'm really ready for the LGBTQ+ protagonist though. No offense, but all the cis hetero stuff is starting to make me beat my head against a wall even though the writing's getting better at conveying the dragons' feelings.

• Posted at:

Jadeseeker

{Genderfluid!}

Beauty comes in all forms. It's not just external; it's internal as well. - Alessia Cara

Margay Scattering Auburn Cottontail Gyrfalcon Distance Darkwatcher

@riverbeast: if the dragons in the series have built an extremely complex society complete with a system of social hierarchy, who’s to say that our modern day rules wouldn’t apply to them?

@midni: tui has given a few different equivalents for the canon aging system, and it’s varied a lot, so it could be that you’re right about the ages

• Posted at:

seafoam

> an idiot

> gay™

> owo 

actually Deathbringer would be around 22 in human years. After age 10 dragons start to slow down, otherwise Tapir (110) would be reeeeaaaally improbably old. And physically an adult is different from legally an adult — or mentally.

According to my formula, the ages in human years are as follows: Darkstalker 13, Moon 9, Deathbringer 22.5, Riptide 19, Tsunami 13,  Peril 15, Smolder ~31, Thorn ~26, Qibli 11, etc. Of course applying human ages to different species is really inexact and difficult, so there's a spectrum of ages involved and some of these really don't fit knowing what we do about the characters. Dragons clearly age differently, seeing as they are physically adults at seven but can live to 110 or older (again, Tapir was canonically 110 when he died). So applying a proportional age to dragons would result in Tapir being 279 at best and over 300 at worst. 

I don't mean to hijack anything or prove any points, this is just a thing that gets on my nerves sometimes. Also my parents have a ten year age gap and are perfectly fine together so a lot of these ships would work out once both parties are adults, which is the age they need to be for legal consent anyways, so the age gap is really a moot point.

• Posted at:

Sage of the Universe, Giver of Writing Advice

I'll respect your opinion as long as your opinion doesn't disrespect anyone else's life

LONG LIVE ANARCHY, DESTROY YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT, AND BE CAREFUL: SERPENTINE IS 100% SALT

/318748

*Notices most of my ships are on here* Let's go read.

After reading: oMYGOSHINEVERNOTICED

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

November 23, 2016 March 29, 2019

2025 stars.

"don't cry because it's over. smile because it happened."

No words can describe how much I loved the WoFMB.

And no words will describe how sad it is to leave.

can i say i love you all?

@Wolffire, Those ages are way too young considering a 7 year old dragon is and adult.

• Posted at:

I think that dragons don’t age proportionately, as Sage said, or else there would be some ridiculously old dragons. I’m guessing they begin to age slower as life goes on, just as how an infant physically grows quite fast but then begins to slow down as they become older.

• Posted at:

cσяεү

I'm not real. I'm theatre.

"You must be truly desperate to come to me for help." -Loki

MBotF

b o o

ice cold

I definitely disagree with Moonstalker. But I feel that Glorybringer is just fine. Despite age differences, if they both love each other, shouldn't they have the right to be able to mate? Just because someone's 5 years older than you and both of you love each other doesn't mean you guys can't marry. Same with Ripnami and Cleril. I agree with Whirlpool ships for a prime reason:

He's dead.

Smoldorn I don't agree with because even if Smolder originally loved Palm, he can still love Thorn too. Also the age difference is not big at all. But I agree with Umbli for different reasons. Qibli loves Moon, and probably loves Winter second. Umber would be pretty disappointed to be a last resort. And I don't need prophecy skills to be able to tell that Umbli would be missing something in their relationship

• Posted at:

Also! Keep in mind that the dragonets of destiny were in a cave under a mountain their entire lives. Crushing on dragons as soon as you've met them makes much more context in this sense that in, say, the context of any Disney movie ever. 

Plus a lot of their actions towards their love interest can be read in a completely platonic light. Of course Tsunami would argue against Riptide being locked up, someone not reading things through Blister-colored lenses would see he was innocent. Of course Glory would want to save Deathbringer, he saved her and she's not one to leave a debt unpaid. Of course Clay would talk to and welcome Peril despite her flaws, he's Clay.

As for the lack of LGBT+ protagonists, well... look how many parents banned their kids from reading Rick Riordan after ToA. Tui definitely wants to include LGBT+ characters, she's already snuck seven in and two were the protags of Runaway. Not everyone is as freakishly lucky as Rebecca Sugar, it's probably executive meddling that's stopping her and she doesn't have enough influence to counter it yet. Unlike a certain author with quite a lot of power and influence over what her editors say and do, she isn't famous or a millionaire. But she clearly is trying, and that is a pretty rad start.

• Posted at:

I'll respect your opinion as long as your opinion doesn't disrespect anyone else's life

LONG LIVE ANARCHY, DESTROY YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT, AND BE CAREFUL: SERPENTINE IS 100% SALT

/318748

I already said my calculations were inexact and didn't always match what we know of the characters. Read before you comment.

• Posted at:

/318748

*bangs head on wall* dragon! ages! are! so! frustrating! 

Moonstalker and Whirlnemone/Whirlnami are both age gaps too huge to justify, not to mention that they're both just not good relationships that involve an clearly adult dragon with a child. I don't even understand why someone would ship them. With all your other opinions, the age gaps really depend on how dragon aging works.

• Posted at:

prism

she/her

tmsh/238145 

2 years/152 pages 

#rememberthelost 

inactive on weekends

@donutdragonfly59 ~ What do you mean by that last sentence, "And I don't need prophecy skills to be able to tell that Umbli would be missing something in their relationship?"

• Posted at:

Jadeseeker

{Genderfluid!}

Beauty comes in all forms. It's not just external; it's internal as well. - Alessia Cara

Margay Scattering Auburn Cottontail Gyrfalcon Distance Darkwatcher

Moonstalker: I completely agree, and I think it's a joke. At least, I hope it's a joke.

Glorybringer: Dragon aging is completely different from human aging. There is no chart, and they age waaay more slowly after their 7th year, so Glory and Deathbringer is fine. Same for Ripnami and Cleril.

Whirlnami/Whirlenone is just wrong and creepy. Smoldorn is my OTP(See above) Umbli I don't ship anyway, but it could be canon if it had to.

• Posted at:

I dont like Moonstalker.

I like Glorybringer.

I like Ripnami.

I dislike Cleril.

I dislike Whirlnami!!!

And I also dislike Whirlenome.

I dislike umbli.

Thank you.

• Posted at:

Call me SeSe.

SEAWING!

I'nocrazI'jusmentalldamaged!!!!

I'm TOTALLY NEVER sarcastic.

This is the color of my soul.

Best forumer friend: Lemon (dancingunicorn644)

Why? Why not????

Life sucks.

Well, they barely know each other. Really, the only times they met was when the history cave exploded, and in around 5 classes. Their relationship would be missing true love, because Qibli would probably love Moon despite if he were mating with Umber.

• Posted at:

Moon x Qibli is trash I hope qibli dies or something because if all the tribes start mixing then there won't even be tribes any more, plus I just hate qibli

• Posted at:

flood the seawing

couldn't think of much to put here so keep scrolling ; )

honestly, i cant believe people would even ship Whirlnami, Whirlnemone, Moonstalker, and all ships like that becuase, first of all, there is no real love and they barely interact, and when they do, its usually with hate. second of all, its just.. the age gap is waaay to large and its creepy. also, why and how is Winter x Peril actually a thing..  O_O

anyway, Tui has said that she didn't really plan out the dragon-to-human-age thing, and that its honestly not important unless one is clearly a dragonet and one is an old adult. so, Smoldorn is fine, Glorybringer is fine (plus its completely cannon so no going back), Umbli would be fine, but as said before, they havent really interacted much and there isn't really any feelings there other than Umber thinking Qibli and Winter were handsome and-- as it would be cute... Moonbli is basically cannon already so really, shouldn't we need some Umter verifications? Winter does have spare time now and so he could easily hang out with Umber if he ever finds him-- (I still hate that Moonbli kinda abandoned Winter but i guess Winter left so.. eh.)

• Posted at:

Blueangel

Autocorrect says I'm Bangle.

and Google translate says I'm RedSea

What am I?

You can fix something, but that doesn't make it not broken

you can listen but that doesn't mean you understand.

BTS is my current obsession- Taekook is good.

I’m pretty sure that Tui recently said that there’s no exact dragon-to-human age chart. If the age gaps are acceptable in Pyrrhia, why wouldn’t they be acceptable here? And even if they’re not, dragons and humans are still different creatures. We don’t really know their perspective on dating. Also, once people are adults, age gaps matter less. There are adult couples who are ten years apart or more, and they don’t (all) have horrible relationships. So, Smoldorn is fine if they both love and respect each other and treat each other like equals.

There’s no exact dragon age to human age scale.

• Posted at:

Yellow

Zebrasarecool

#SunnyLickedAQibli

#ClerilIsAFruit

DemonxYellow

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ~The Lorax

Christian!

"LICK LICK LICK" she saids as she was put in an assylum

A reminder that dragons have little to no knowledge of scavengers in the series, and human years are meaningless to them. (I am guilty of this next part as well :P) That being said, it doesn't make much sense to bring up human ages in this, as it mostly just complicates things. Also, we have no knowledge of what is viewed as acceptable in their world. I agree on the points where you mentioned something besides an age gap, and I will admit that Smoldorn makes me slightly uncomfortable, since Smolder's daughter is only a (dragon year!) younger than Thorn, but I can't really say that there is anything wrong with Smoldorn. 

• Posted at:

~ h i r a e t h ~

Christian

i can finally say i believe.

jan. 2016—march 2019

star count: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

who has the time to hesitate?