Rant #1: Undertale is GREAT.

Whenever I tell people I like Undertale or it's my favorite game/franchise, I always prepare for some backlash. And you know what? That makes me kinda really mad. It's an amazing games with great characters that actually made me cry, something that, at this point in my life, is a really unique feat. But, people seem to ignore that, only to focus on one point: the fandom. People automatically put me in a little box and assume I like the... risque stuff. Which, as a person who doesn't like that stuff at ALL, is a very in accurate box. This game is, compared to alot of modern media, VERY inncocent. It's the people who made that stuff, and, currently, from what I see now, isn't even that bad anymore! The fandom wasn't even that bad in the first place! It was just KNOWN to be bad! People generalized it! From what I have gathered from other people, things like Harry Potter or Skyrim had a hoard of that kind of stuff WAY more gargantuan than of this PG Indie game!This was a beautifully crafted game that was extremely well received, and yet I feel ashamed to tell people that I even LIKE it, let alone that I have drawn fanart or I'm writing fanfiction (INNOCENT fanfiction and fanart, get your head out of the gutter). Still. I know this is a  relatively small problem, but it still bothers me. In summary,this game is amazing, and it bothers me that people shame other human beings for what they love.

Rant #2 Asexuals EXIST

I've only told a small group of people I am asexual. And, like rant number one, I am afraid of backlash. If people don't believe that Asexuality is real, then, as long as they act civil and polite about it, then that's ok. I will still interact and be friends with that person. Agree to disagree. But, especially with older members of my family, I am worried about someone making a point to make me feel... invalidated. a disgrace. Not real. I don't even know WHY people would do that. I am not violating many religious doctrines or moral codes, so it's kind of ridiculous to be against it. I read in a tumblr post (I forgot the exact wording) that it's like saying that you can only swim in a certain part of the pool and getting mad when a person decides to just stay on a lawnchair sipping a cold glass of coca cola, and I feel like that's a very good example. I don't know, maybe IM the one over reacting and people just wont care. 

Rant #3 Perspective

People refuse to put each other in another's shoes. People don't see into another persons life, or even be polite enough to ask about it. I mean, bad situations don't always justify horrible actions, but being a little more sympathetic towards one another would certainly have the world being a better place. Wars are fought over opinions, but when do people actually look on the enemies side, especially when the war is over something like relegion? I am not saying we should have sympathied with the Nai's or other horrible groups of people, but that with wars fought over things that are not really endangering anyone or their rights, then we should at least think about what we are doing to another group of people. I really hope I am not being a hypocrite in saying this. I really hope that I am a generally empathetic person.

Sorry about ranting!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Nimbus

“Don't Kill, and don't be killed.” -Asriel Dreemur

Complete Nerd

Ravenclaw

Shape-shifter

Christian

"Knowledge is a precious resource; Preserve it at all costs."

For some reason I thought this whole post was about Undertale and for a second I was bewildered about how asexuality ties into Undertale...but yeah, I love Undertale a lot and the backlash is really upsetting, I agree.

• Posted at:

Clever, A Very Clevery Guy ❤❤❤

[exits, pursued by a bear]

bringing you cool good posts: Dec. 2014 - March 2019

appreciating and supporting you: today - forever!!!!

I feel a strong sense of agreement for everything you say. I really hope I'm not a hypocrite either, but being a person with some really weird, amplified emotions, I think I might be violating so many things. I wish I could edit myself to stop being like that, but I can't, like everyone else. So, I give you a thumbs-up, at the very least.

• Posted at:

~Quartz~

I changed my mind I’m staying

That one person who always gives you the opposite of help.

I agree with every word on this post.

• Posted at:

♠

sʜˑʜʀˑʙsʟ ss

“ʜɴ ɪ s ʏ ɪ ғʟʟ ɪɴ ʟ

ᴀɴ ʏ sɪʟ ʙs ʏ ɴ

ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑ

ˑɪɴ: ɪʀˑ

UNDERTALE IS AMAZING AND I TOO WILL FIGHT YOU OVER THIS; JUST BECAUSE PART OF THE FANDOM IS HORRIBLE DOESN'T MEAN THE GAME IS

• Posted at:

Such is the path of a dreamer: I find my way by moonlight.

~Oncilla~

Queen of Non SequiturBookwyrmsPangolinsand Bones

Trash Squad, WerewolfGASTER FOLLOWER

Writer, roleplayer, nerd

WoFMBer Dec. 2014-Mar. 2019

@Clever Opps, sorry about the confusion! Also, ayyy, glad to find another fan! 

@Quartz I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm sure that you are not a hypocrite because at least you are trying to be sympathetic. That's more than most people even attempt. Thanks for the thumbs up!

@Jokester YEAH glad you agree!

@ Oncilla WOOHOO JOIN THE UT ARMY! DEFEND WHAT WE LOVE AND OUR OPINIONS!!!

• Posted at:

Nimbus

Complete Nerd

Ravenclaw

Shape-shifter

Christian

#4 Alphys is great. Alphys is an amazing person (and my secound favorite character, Sans with a steady #1). She is underrated. End of story.

• Posted at:

Nimbus

Complete Nerd

Ravenclaw

Shape-shifter

Christian

I dislike Undertale but I agree with you

• Posted at: