Did you enjoy this?

Thank you so much for 2300 stars! There are still spots left on the sign ups! I hope you enjoy reading this :D

•Prologue•

A female Elf with long silver and grey hair stood in front of a tomb stone. It was a dark and wet day, almost midnight. She glanced at the two graves next to her. Her entire family lay here under her feet.  

Angry tears rolled down Silverskies's face.
Since her parents had been murdered and her brother went missing, she had been tasked with caring for her sister.

Ash had been a pink receiver, often sick in bed, waiting for her soulmate to come. Her sister slowly got worse.
  Silverskies remembered when it went downhill just a week ago. Ash was in the hospital when she felt a stinging pain. Her bright pink strings turned black, disappearing in front of her eyes. Her sister had screamed out in rage.
  That had been the last straw. Ash died a few days later, the doctors had said she had lost her will to live.
  Silverskies clenched her fists in rage. If her sister's "soulmate" hadn't cut the string, Ash might still be alive.
  She heard footsteps behind her. A girl, about her age, with a pink string was walking through the graveyard. She had Elf ears and long braided black hair. She was obviously a Finder, marked by a luminous pink tattoo on her hand.
 Silverskies watched her from across the graveyard.

Suddenly, the girl collapsed on the ground. Her glowing pink tattoo turn black, it's light fading away. She screamed as her string started to dissipate in front of her. The string turned black. After a second, all that was left was a black loop of string on her pinkie and a black. Her string had been cut.
 The girl sobbed into her hands.

Silverskies walked over to her, her light footsteps making almost no sound. She held out a hand to the girl.
 "What is your name?" Silverskies asked, helping the girl to her feet.

"Ni...Niva Bluecreek" she stammered, her eyes dark with sorrow.
 "Silverskies Fall" She responded.
Niva tilted her head in thought.

"Like the rich Elf family? Fall?" She asked.
Silverskies nodded.  "Listen, you and I are going to get revenge." She said. 

"But.." Niva started. Silverskies gave her a hard look.

Niva's puzzled face soon became a vengeful smile.
  "We shall round up anyone who has had their string cut." She said, looking at the city ahead of them.
Silverskies smiled maniacally.

She sent one last glance at her family's grave before walking into the dying night.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Friendly Neighborhood Fangirl

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

I’m really going to miss the forums. I love all of you! Please find me on homebase! My user is the same!

It’s here!

• Posted at:

♠

sʜˑʜʀˑʙsʟ ss

“ʜɴ ɪ s ʏ ɪ ғʟʟ ɪɴ ʟ

ᴀɴ ʏ sɪʟ ʙs ʏ ɴ

ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑ

ˑɪɴ: ɪʀˑ

Ya! You have some awesome writing skills Reading!

• Posted at:

-^-Longclaw-^-

She/Her/They/Them

Goddess of Gore, Coyotes, and Obsidian

Queeof Nighttime and Demonic Entities

In death, there comes peace and rebirth

#REMEMBERHURRICANE

For every life lost, a sorrow felt in millions

YESYESYES I NEED MORE

Can’t wait to see Imagine!

• Posted at:

-=+Imagine+=-

-=+Iɯɐƃuǝ+=-

He/Him/Hubble

Joined 4/7/2017

6,004 stars

Gone 3/2019

The end is not merely the end, but a chance for new beginnings

i made that up on the spot wow it sounds good

a m a z i n g

• Posted at:

dellow

ravenclaw

she/her

christian

shadowclan

#colourless

#addthebushskirt

"Well, forgive me for not leaping for joy. Bad back, you know."

- Scar

sisters:fallongrendelellysia&more

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! I need more!! XD

• Posted at:

✦ <> Silverskies <> ✦

♫ QueeoScrollanLibraries ♫

~<>~ ”To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold.” ~Aristotle ~<>~

Aw thanks! I'm working on the next chapter, but I still need one last pink Receiver (who has to be 11) 

I should at least have chapters coming out every other day, but it might be random since summers are busy ;)

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

I’m really going to miss the forums. I love all of you! Please find me on homebase! My user is the same!

bump

• Posted at:

dellow

ravenclaw

she/her

christian

shadowclan

#colourless

#addthebushskirt

- Scar

It's good! :D

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

November 23, 2016 March 29, 2019

2025 stars.

"don't cry because it's over. smile because it happened."

No words can describe how much I loved the WoFMB.

And no words will describe how sad it is to leave.

can i say i love you all?

•Chapter 1•

Reading was jolted awake by her phone ringing. She scrolled through the missed calls until she rubbed her eyes tiredly and picked up.

"READING! WHERE ARE YOU!?" The voice yelled.

Suddenly it all came back to Reading. She was supposed to be meeting her friends Gulfstream and Swampy at their favorite coffee shop.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I.. I must have dozed off.. I'll be right there!" She hung up and ran to her bedroom mirror. 

She quickly brushed her long dirty blonde hair, which she could change to blue or purple any time she wanted.

Reading ran out of her house, saying goodbye to her parents before she left.

She took off into the sky, her large Blue Morpho butterfly wings flapping in the wind.
It was a bright day, the sunlight making her wings look purple. She flew over the tall skyscrapers and other buildings. There were brightly colored strings in every direction.

Antropas isn't any normal city. For one thing, it's a city that's as large as a country. It's a very technically advanced city, with hover boards and holograms around every corner. 

The people who live in Antropas are almost as peculiar as the city itself. Merpeople, Vampires, Faires, Elves, and Animal-hybrids all live together in harmony. Well, mostly harmony. The Elves are the most common race, Fairies being the least common.

But the most incredible thing about Antropas are the Strings of Fate. Brightly colored string is tied around every person's pinkie.
At one end of the string, there is the Finder. Finders are marked by a tattoo on their hand. After they graduate high school, they are required to search for their Receiver.

The Receiver is the one who is required to go on with their life and wait for their Finder to find them.

A string connects these two people. Pink connects you to your soulmate, Yellow to your best friend, and Blue to your lost family.
And then there's Purple.
Reading looked down at her bright purple string. She had no idea were it led. No one did.

The government is even tracking her. They sent their most trained officials to investigate. But no one who followed her string ever found the end. They told stories if how it twisted and turned and led them right back to where they started.

Reading landed in front of a small cafe. She walked inside and immediately saw her friends.

Gulfstream was a Animal-human hybrid. She was fairly tall and a bit curvy. Her dirty blond hair was pulled into a pony tail and she had green eyes. Otter ears stuck out of her hair. Her slightly freckled face had a otter nose in the middle. Gulfstream's webbed hands grasped a muffin.

Swampy sat next to her. Her skin was fair and freckled. She had pointed ears and today her eyes were both green. She also has a slightly crooked nose. Swampy is skinny and tall, with long, wavy brown hair tied in a bun. She set her cup of tea down as Reading approached.

"Hey, guys" Reading greeted as she sat down in a arm chair. Gulfstream frowned.

"We've been waiting here for an hour." She grumbled.

"I'm so sorry! I don't know what happened. I just dozed off in the middle of getting ready." Reading said, blushing with embarrassment.
Swampy sighed.

"It's ok. Yesterday was the last day of school. You had worked really hard on the graduation party" she said. Then she pointed out a slightly melted caramel macchiato on the table.

"That's for you, although it's been a while" she said, with a hint of a smile.
Reading thanked her.

"So, Gulfie, how does it feel to be officially out if school?" She asked, trying to change the subject.

Gulfstream sighed.
"Tomorrow I leave to start searching for my Receiver" she said, looking down at the pink string around her finger.

Swampy frowned. Gulfstream was a year older than them, and Swampy was a yellow Receiver. Next year Reading would be leaving her too.

"It's just weird. I didn't think it would come so fast. I'm super excited to finally meet my future boyfriend, but I will miss you guys." Gulfstream said.

Reading's shoulders slumped.

"At least you know what you're searching for" she whispered, rubbing her pinkie.
It was silent for a minute.

"Well that's why we are here to celebrate our last day together!" Swampy spoke up, smiling. Reading nodded, deciding to think about her fate later.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

As Reading fell asleep that night, she was plagued by a nightmare. Strings were turning black in every direction. People were screaming. Reading watched as a girl in front of her was shot. Hooded figures were everywhere.

Each of them held a pair of silver scissors. The scissors has something off about them, like they were radioactive. They were cutting strings.

Reading tried to run away from them, but they followed her. She was being cornered. One of them reached for her string...

Suddenly, the world turned white and empty. Reading looked around her. The emptiness was almost as erie as the scene she had just witnessed.

Then an Elf, a Vampire, and an Animal-hybrid appeared next to her. Each of them had a purple string connected to them.

The Hybrid looked like she was about to say something when a woman's voice filled the room.

"There is a rising darkness among us. Someone is ruining Fates" it said, ringing through their heads.

"You must find it and stop it before it's too late.

"Wha-" Reading started, but she was interrupted as the world became a white light..

She bolted upright in her bed, drenched in sweat. Reading opened to phone only to see it was 5:00 in the morning.
Reading dialed a number.

"W...what could you possibly want at this time of morning?" A sleepy Gulfstream answered.

Reading was still shaking from the dream.
"S...somthing has happened. A...and I think I may have to join you today"

(Mods plz)

Yay! And yes I changed my race to Fairy

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

yEET!

• Posted at:

dellow

ravenclaw

she/her

christian

shadowclan

#colourless

#addthebushskirt

- Scar

This is good!

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

2025 stars.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!! But.....

GULFSTREAM!! BE HAPPIER!!! YOU ARE GOING TO FIND YOUR SOULMATE!!!!! YOU'VE BEEN DREAMING OF THIS YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!!  BE EXCITED!!!!!

• Posted at:

Gulfstream

She/Her

Empress of Positivity

Forum Sisters: Violet, Lunastar, Bixbite, Riri, Sanetra, Hyperbole, Ivy, and more  

Forum BFF: Everyone!!!

I'm an autistic Christian

It's beautiful, absolutely beautiful! And Gulfy's going to get her soulmate! XD

• Posted at:

✦ <> Silverskies <> ✦

~<>~ ”To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold.” ~Aristotle ~<>~

Lol. I made Gulfstream a little bit grumpy because she had been waiting in a cafe for an hour XD

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

Poke

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

pokey bump

• Posted at:

dellow

ravenclaw

she/her

christian

shadowclan

#colourless

#addthebushskirt

- Scar

Oh my gosh Reading! This is absolutely amazing! Can't wait to read more and see my character in action later on! :D really awesome.

• Posted at:

-Racoon-

*Female

"Haters gonna hate,

Lovers gonna love,

you need to reject both sides of the spectrum to leave...

A happy middle."~Bo Burnham

Freeeze your BRAAIN

#YouWillBeFound

TALK LESS, SMILE MORE

"I like dogs."~Connor D:BH

Seize the Day!

P!ATD

who voted no

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

Not me, I voted yes because it was AMAZING. 

• Posted at:

Fiona/Elia/☆☆ ɆⱠɆ₵₮Ɽł₵ ʀǟɨռ ☆☆ (Call me any)

Local RP Person! 

I'a Hufflepuff

'Call me a schemer, call me a freak. How can you say that? I'm just... unique.' -Mal (Descendants)

I'm Rotten to the Core

•Chapter 2•

Imagine stood with his friends and watched the sunrise. The pale pink sky glinted off his bright green eyes. His large blue dragon wings shifted with the wind. Imagine ran a hand through his short black hair.

Imagine caught his Fox-Hybrid friend Dellow looking at him. Before he could say anything, Cera let out a squeal.

"CAN YOU BELIVE THIS?! We are actually going to find our Receivers! Or Finders.." She said, glancing at Dellow.

Cera was an Elf, with long dark brown hair currently tucked behind her pointed ears. Her eyes were currently lime green, almost fluorescent with excitement. She was a Yellow Finder, and she often talked about her future best friend.

Dellow was twisting her brown hair into a bun, fitting snugly between her two fox ears. She stuck her hands into the pockets of her hoodie, her orange fox tail flicking in the wind.

At that moment, Winter came running back up the hill. She was a Half-cat Hybrid with dark tan skin and freckles around her nose. Her dark brown hair with periwinkle streaks was tied into a ponytail. Winter's silver cat ears were flicking in different directions. Her silver cat tail was wrapped around her leg. 

"The coast is clear." Winter said.

Dellow was a Yellow Receiver, and therefore would get in trouble if they found her out of her hometown. But she had insisted on joining her Finder friends once they had graduated.

Imagine stepped forward.
"Well this is it, ready to find my soulmate!" He smiled shakily. If Imagine was honest, he was kind of nervous. What if she was a criminal? What if he didn't even like her? 

Imagine glanced at Dellow again. He knew she liked him, but he wasn't sure if he returned the feelings.

"Ready to find my best friend!" Cera exclaimed, stepping next to Imagine.

"Ready to find my Finder!" Dellow said, doing the same.

"Ready to find whatever it is in supposed to find!" Winter said, fiddling with her purple string.

Imagine was stunned about how she wasn't even a tiny bit worried. If Imagine had a mysterious purple string, he would be awake day and night trying to figure out what it meant.

But he smiled. No matter what happened, he would still have his amazing friends with him. With that thought in mind, the group trekked on.

•••••••••

The group had followed their strings into the more populated districts of Antropas. This part of the country-like city was the most crime raided.

Winter looked nervously around them. They were resting in an alleyway. 

"Guys, I have a really bad feeling about this place." Winter said. She didn't usually get this creeped out.

The rest of her friends, obviously seeing her uncharacteristic uncomfort, nodded in agreement.

"Let's keep going." Dellow said, standing up.
Imagine zipped up their backpack of food and supplies.

The group walked out onto the crowded sidewalk. Cars zoomed past them on the road. Every person was in a rush to get to work.

Winter looked up at the looming skyscrapers. Something about the district reminded her of the terrifying nightmare she had dreamt of the night before.

Winter's cat tail stood on end. Something about this seemed way too similar to her dream. The dark sky, the fog in the air. All that was missing were the...

A scream was heard from down the street.

...Hooded figures

Winter froze in fear. She couldn't hear anything. Darkness was creepying towards her. They were appearing everywhere. Screams filled her head. Winter couldn't feel her legs. The world was spinning...

Imagine pulled her into the corner of a building. The rest if her friends were there.

"What is happening?" Cera yelled over the noise.

"I don't know! Winter, are you ok?" Dellow asked.
Winter was shaking all over.

"I've seen this... the... the dream I told you about?" She stammered.

Imagine nodded in thought.

"I think we-" he was interrupted as three hooded figure appeared in front of us.

Each of them were cloaked and hooded. They had masks over their mouths, so all that was seen was their dark eyes. On the top of their hood, a TF was embroidered in silver thread. They all held glimmering scissors in their hands.

"RUN!" Imagine screamed.

They bolted out into the road. Winter couldn't tell her screams apart from the rest. The streets were a frantic stampede of people. The sky's were filled with people trying to fly away. Gunshots were sounding in every direction.

Winter watched as tons of strings around her were turning black.

The hooded figures were catching up. One grabbed for Winter but she dodged him. Imagine tried to take to the air, but he was blocked by winged hooded figures. They pushed through the dense crowd of screaming people.

Cera let out a scream and fell to the ground. She watched as her yellow string disintegrated in front of her eyes. All that was left was a black ring on her pinkie.

"My... my best friend..." Cera whimpered.

Dellow grabbed Cera and tried to drag her through the crowd. But the hooded figures were already upon her. They dragged Cera out if Dellow's grasp.

Winter screamed and tried to go after her.

Bang

Winter gasped. "NO!" She screamed, but Dellow pulled her back. Winter turned around and tried to push her away.

"Stop! I have to save her!" Winter yelled.
Dellow held her with tears in her eyes.

"It's too late..." she said. Dellow pulled Winter out of the crowd and they followed Imagine.

They lost the figures in the stampede of people.

Winter didn't know how long they ran. She just kept running. She ran in fear, and in anger. Why couldn't been me?

After a while, Imagine said they were out of the district.

Winter collapsed into the grass. She began to sob.

Dellow hugged her, crying as well. Imagine sat with his head in his hands, not wanting them to see him cry.

"I can't... I can't believe... she's gone...." Dellow whispered between tears.

Winter let her sadness flow. Her heart was heavy with regret and fear.

If the lady from her dream expected them to go up against that, then they would all soon be joining Cera. 

(mods pls let through)

Yay angst 

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

Yay Cera appeared... and then got captured in the first chapter she appears..that was quick.. Still a great story though, loving it!!

• Posted at:

Cormorant

She/her

Star count (before Home Base migration): 531

Account created in 2013

Started using the forms in 2017

”Think before you do something, it’ll save you from a detention, also don’t procrastinate”

aHHHHHHH I WAS MENTIONED

aww shoot

poor Winter.

• Posted at:

winter

<< Forum Hobby Lobby >>

- Roller coaster nerd

Mother to almost too many fictional characters

- Fangirl

The Magic of  Christmas never ends, and its greatest gifts are family and friends. "

THIS IS AMAZING AAAH AND I ALREADY SHIP WINTER AND IMAGINE! Great chapter and great angst!

• Posted at:

-=+Imagine+=-

-=+Iɯɐƃuǝ+=-

He/Him/Hubble

Joined 4/7/2017

6,004 stars

Gone 3/2019

The end is not merely the end, but a chance for new beginnings

i made that up on the spot wow it sounds good

Imagine,

hOW DID YOU READ MY MIND.

• Posted at:

winter

<< Forum Hobby Lobby >>

- Roller coaster nerd

Mother to almost too many fictional characters

- Fangirl

The Magic of  Christmas never ends, and its greatest gifts are family and friends. "

YAY, EVIL ME AND MY ALLIES IN ACTION!!! XD

I love it! And the hooded figures have already cut some strings! 

• Posted at:

✦ <> Silverskies <> ✦

wOOT I was in this one! Yeet!

So sad, tho, poor Cera. 

I'm not sure if i should be YAY STRINGS ARE CUT for Niva or  NOO STRINGS GOT CUT! for me.

anyways, good job!

• Posted at:

dellow

ravenclaw

she/her

christian

shadowclan

#colourless

#addthebushskirt

- Scar

This gave me the chills. So good!

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

2025 stars.

*looks at the Winter x Inagine ship* Oof. That wasn't planned

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

@Reading: I created a male OC at the sign up page. We have more males now! XD

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

2025 stars.

Hm....I don't think Winter x Imagine will happen but it is really cute

• Posted at:

Gulfstream

She/Her

Empress of Positivity

Forum Sisters: Violet, Lunastar, Bixbite, Riri, Sanetra, Hyperbole, Ivy, and more  

Forum BFF: Everyone!!!

I'm an autistic Christian

Ahhhhhh this is getting better and better. Love the angst, XD. Also the ship is cute. :3 Great job Reading! Seriously great! Can't wait for more chapters.

• Posted at:

-Racoon-

*Female

"Haters gonna hate,

Lovers gonna love,

Freeeze your BRAAIN

#YouWillBeFound

TALK LESS, SMILE MORE

Seize the Day!

P!ATD

oOF. I'm busy the next two days but hopefully I can get a chapter out soon :)

i have absolutely no idea how to incorporate Wimagine into this but OK

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

Boop

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

Okie!

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

2025 stars.

:D

• Posted at:

-Racoon-

*Female

"Haters gonna hate,

Lovers gonna love,

Freeeze your BRAAIN

#YouWillBeFound

TALK LESS, SMILE MORE

Seize the Day!

P!ATD

Reading. Child. You have improved so much. This, this is beautiful. *applauds* I wish I joined XD

• Posted at:

~Topaz

a.k.a. Panic! At the Everywhere

Detroit: Become Human

Gravity Falls

Steven Universe

Imagine Dragons

"Life is not the things that we do, it's who we're doing them with."

Est. 7/15/2016

Thanks! Working on the next chapter!

• Posted at:

Call me...*~Reading~*  

Fanwing

Gryffindor 

Bookworm

Jedi

Christan

Awesome!

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

2025 stars.

Poke

• Posted at:

|~nightwolf~|

2025 stars.

1 ,