SkyClan, ThunderClan, RiverClan, WindClan and ShadowClan have fallen beneath the largest storm the Clans had ever seen...
After the collapse of the five clans, cats left over from the clans had discovered how to make music and formed a new clan- SongClan.
In SongClan, it's almost just like a normal clan, with casual rankings, tradition, codes, etc.
EXCEPT that there are two types of cats based on which abillity they have better; Singers or Strummers.
Singers are cats who can sing/use their voice better, but can't play the Strumming Webs very well.
Strummers are cats who can use the Strumming Webs better, but they can't sing very well.
The Strumming Webs are a set of long, thin vine-like cobwebs of different lengths lined up in a den. When one of them is played, it creates a certain note/pitch. The shorter the string, the higher the pitch. It's basically like a guitar, but for cats. In order to strum the Strumming Webs, you just use one of your claws to strum the web and it creates a note. Tearing apart one of these webs on purpose is punishable by exile.
An Apprentice Ceremony involves a kit going up to both a random rock to try singing and the Strumming Webs to try strumming. If they sing better, they're classified as a Singer. If they play the Strumming Webs better, they're classified as a Strummer.
With the arise of Echostar came a new era for the clan; an era of discrimination. Strummers can no longer become high-ranking cats and usually have more to do than Singers. Will the Strummers arise in rebellion? Or will Singers keep their oppressive reign?
Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from outside SongClan, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in hostility.
Elders, queens, and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders. If any warrior or apprentice is sick or injured, they may eat while the elders, queens, and kits are eating. Singer elders, queens, kits, apprentices and warriors are fed before Strummer elders, queens, kits, apprentices and warriors.
Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.
A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice. They must attempt to play the Strumming Webs and attempt to sing to receive their respective classification and rank in the Clan. If they sing better, they're a Singer. If they play the Strumming Webs better, they're a Strummer.
Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.
A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice. They also must be a Singer.
The deputy will become Clan leader when the leader dies, retires or is exiled.
After the death or retirement of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before moonhigh. They must be a Singer.
Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.
No warrior can neglect a kit in pain or danger, even if the kit is from outside SongClan. However, when saving kits within SongClan, always save the Singer kit first.
The word of the Clan Leader is the warrior code.
An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his/her battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is necessary for self-defense.
Don't kill cats from within SongClan, your own Clan.
Outsiders shall be brought to Echostar immediately and have to join the Clan, whether they want to or not.
Purposely tearing apart the Strumming Webs will result in exile. Accidentally tearing them apart means your punishment is up to the Clan Leader.
Strummers may not become any rank above Senior Warrior. This means they cannot become Elders, Deputies, Medicine Cats, Medicine Cat Apprentices or Leaders.
SongClan must have a steady and strong population. Leaving is strictly forbidden and may result in death or imprisonment. Rebellion is also punishable by death or imprisonment.
- You may have rebellious cats, yes! But true rebellions can only be formed later in the FWRP.
- No Mary Sues or Gary Stus. Balance your cats and give them flaws.
- Know that kits with the abillity to not be able to Strum or Sing are usually abandoned.
- Prophecies may only be confirmed by me. No making up prophecies yourself.
- No fleeing the clan the moment the FWRP starts.
- No powerplaying (ripping limbs out without permission/controlling others' characters) or metagaming (referring to out-of-rp info, e.g. bio, in rp to give info to your cat. For example; Cat A: "Hey! Cat B! You're having a forbidden relationship!" Cat B: "How do you know?" Cat A: "It says in your bio you're mates with a rogue!" Cat A would be metagaming.).
- The code is the amount of times the word "Cat" is said in the rules, including this time. Put the amount in white ink in Other.
- Evil cats are allowed, but don't go killing cats the moment the RP begins.
- No special powers unless allowed by me.
- Outsiders are open for now, but I want as little as possible. If there are too many outsiders, I will temporarily close them until SongClan becomes larger.
- Max of 7 cats. Only one high rank and only one outsider.
- I'll allow Moon as a prefix and a suffix.
- LGBTQ+ is completely allowed! This includes trans/genderfluid cats.
- I'll allow forbidden relationships, but know that if your character doesn't hide enough of the evidence, they can be found out.
- No killing Echostar, the deputy, the medicine cat or the med apprentice for now.
- Get permission to severely injure or kill.
- If you make a kit when there are no queens, you must make a Queen to be a mother to that kit, biological or foster.
- Follow the forum guidelines.
- These rules may be changed by me at any time.
- I have the right to kick you from the FWRP and/or decline your form.
- Any questions? Ask me.
- No code here! Read the rules.
- Have fun!
LEADER Echostar - Silver tabby she-cat (Singer, Wild)
DEPUTY Will be chosen by Echostar in the start-up thread, will be a Singer
MEDICINE CAT Saved - Sorrel, must be a Singer
APPRENTICE, Open! Must be a Singer
WARRIORS (Toms & she-cats without kits)
APPRENTICES (More than six moons of age, in training to become warriors)
Adderpaw - Light brownish-grey tom with blue eyes (Strummer, Wild)
QUEENS (She-cats expecting or nursing kits)
ELDERS (Former warriors and queens, now retired)
Silvercall - Solid silver she-cat with green eyes (Singer, Wild)
CATS OUTSIDE THE CLANS
Unlimited, Open (this WILL close for a while if we get too many outsiders. please, I want as little outsiders as possible)
* = optional
Outsider or SongClan?:
Rank (e.g. warrior, apprentice; NOT SINGER OR STRUMMER):
Singer or Strummer? (Ignore this if outsider):
Living Place (ignore this if SongClan, Living Place idea inspired by Future):
Appearance (minimum 2 sentences, descriptiveness is encouraged):
Personality (minimum 2 sentences, descriptiveness is encouraged):
Theme Song* (sorry, I love theme songs):
My forms will (hopefully) be made later. Have fun!
Please tell us why you'd like to report this post
garbage can on the side of the road
- queen of fugitive plots (almost all my stories have them)
- princess of pressing F (to pay respects)
im having an ~existential crisis~