First of all, I'd like to give thanks to Future. She's helping me edit this thing, and I appreciate it a lot!

Second, a lot of the characters are basically h00man versions of PaC characters. Hecc, three of the main protagonists are human versions of the PaC characters, as well as some of the major side characters, too.

Third, this is going to be a pretty long story of mine. It has five volumes, with each volume having three parts. A volume is basically it's own book, but I'm just going to put all of the volumes on this thread so I can keep track of it easier.

So, yeah! With that out of the way, let's get started!

Intro

Sky, Fire, Water, Earth, Nature, and Balance: the six aspects of these worlds, with an aspect embodying each world.

Sky, a symbol for freedom in the mountainous dimension, where winged and feathered creatures ride the winds.

Fire, a symbol for passion in the volcanic realm, which has the fiercest and prideful creatures in all of the six worlds.

Water, a symbol for adapting in the oceanic world, with some of the strangest yet able creatures that roam the seas.

Earth, a symbol for survival in the underground caverns, where only the most determined and hard-headed live.

Nature, a symbol for nurturing in the jungle forests, with even the ferocious creatures taking care of the weakest ones.

And Balance, with its planet embodying all five aspects, with one of the most intelligent species thriving in its lands: humans.

Six gods rule these worlds, with the eldest and the ruler of them all being the deity of balance. After seeing the humans develop and grow, the balance deity requested for the humans to gain some type of reward for the most worthy of them all, in their eyes. And so, the deities created beasts, intelligent yet animal-like creatures with strange properties that can make a human able to survive in one of the other five realms, if they could tame them. These beasts also had the ability to travel from their home realm to Statera and back again. To humans, these creatures are myths; legends; but they still do exist.

These worlds live in harmony and balance, with Statera, the balanced world, being the core of the other five. But as the humans grew and evolved, times changed. Scientists are punching a hole into one of the different dimensions: the oceanic one of Aecor, to be exact. If this portal is opened, chaos will reign the Earth for a while because of massive tsunamis created by the deity of water, Landon. The humans will drown with their intelligence getting back at them.

Except for a few: the ones who have tamed a Beast and escaped into one of the other five realms. But the beginning of this story starts with a secretive teen and a strange friendship that they’ve made with a beast soon before the water rose, as well as an event that affected the ones they knew forever. 

Let’s start with the secretive teen, first.

Their name is Kendall.

(AAAAAHHHHHH IT'S STARTING! IT'S STARTING IT'S STARTING IT'S STARTING AHHHH I AM SO HYPED! Expect the first chapter today or tomorrow!)

(Mods, please let this through!)

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

There's nothing left to say now

Let's only think about love!

You have opened the yawning grave

α σνєя σƒ муѕтєяумαgι¢, αη∂ αηgѕт!

Volume I: Water

Part 1: Rising Tides

Chapter 1

“Today, we’re having sunny skies with some clouds in Astrica . . .”

“Ugh, why do we have to sit through this . . .” Kylee groaned, flopping onto the couch next to Kendall, who was watching the news. “This is boring! Weather reports are boring! THIS ENTIRE DAY HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT BORING!”

“It’s only the start of the day,” Ritter pointed out to his amber-eyed sister, sipping his cup of coffee on the other side of Kendall.

“Yeah,” Kendall shrugged. “I bet it won’t be even more boring when we have to go to the prison that is school.”

“School’s only a prison in your eyes, Kendall,” Kylee grumbled, crossing her arms. “At least I have multiple friends to talk to, unlike you.”

“Sawyer’s one of the greatest friends I can ever ask for,” Kendall shot back, a defensive gleam in their emerald eyes at the mention of their best friend shining in a negative light. “At least he actually cares about me, unlike your devilish popular crowd.”

“They care about me —”

“Would you two stop arguing for once?!” Ritter interrupted. “The story’s finally on.”

“The top story for today is that Project Aecor is almost finished,” the news reporter announced. “Here with me is Stanford Ginko, the head of the project, who is here to tell us about Project Aecor. Stanford?”

A man with messy, dark gray hair and amber eyes was shone on screen. “Well, Chara, the team is working on punching a hole in our dimension in order to reach another, so to speak. There have been many legends about the six deities and their realms, which we believe to exist, due to the recent abundance of evidence we’ve gained. Even though there’s many who are stubborn enough to disagree, we are ready to prove them wrong!”

“To be fair, your mentor’s kind of stubborn, too, Ritter —”

“KENDALL —”

“What are you planning to do after the portal’s built?” Chara asked.

“Test it. We’re going to use test dummies before we send through a living person,” Stanford replied. “We’re not monsters, of course. We won’t risk lives so easily. But, in any case, that living person will be my apprentice, Ritter Boston.”

“WAIT, WHAT?” Kylee and Kendall both shouted in unison, whirling to face their older brother.

“YOU GET TO GO DIMENSION-HOPPING?” the latter exclaimed.

“WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL US?” the former yelled.

Ritter, as casual as ever, was sipping his coffee calmly. He barely even glanced at his siblings with his sapphire gaze. “Eh. Wanted it to be a surprise.”

“Great job, nerd,” Kendall huffed softly, punching him in the arm. “You surprised us. Now, please don't die.”

“Why would I ever think of that?” Ritter gave his sibling a small smile. “I can deal with this.”

“Really?” Kylee crossed her arms skeptically. “You, Ritter, the guy who stares into puddles all of the time because he’s fascinated with them, will be fine going into a different dimension?”

Ritter sighed at Kylee. “Well, when you put it like that —”

“Ritter! Kendall! Kylee! What’s going on?”

Destiny and Steven Boston walked into the living room, raising a brow at their trio of kids. “Were you three arguing again?”

Ritter shook his head. “Nah. They just figured out about my future adventure into another dimension. It was hilarious to see their shocked faces.”

“Ah,” Mr. Boston nodded.

“Ritter, I know that you wanted to surprise us, but please stop dropping things on your brother and sister so casually. It’s too loud for us in the morning.”

Kendall flinched slightly at the word “brother.” They never told their parents that they were non-binary, nor most of the people they’ve met. They only told two people: Sawyer, their best friend, who was rather accepting of the concept of LGBTQ+ (he was omnisexual biromantic himself), and the person sipping coffee that was sitting right next to them.

Oh, wait.

There was a third person who had found out by accident; Fahrid Lunari, Sawyer’s bully of a brother. Well, half-brother. And it was possibly the worst thing that had ever happened to Kendall; probably because he was the school jerk, who they had suspected — for far too long — was being manipulated by a more powerful bully named Sekhmet. The kid seemed to be terribly afraid of them — or her, or him, or whatever gender they might be feeling in that moment.

A shaky sigh was released from Kendall’s throat as they thought about school: a prison of torture, with stress, hurtful comments, and a low social status which meant that they weren’t important at all. Meanwhile, Kylee was athletic and popular and Ritter didn’t even have to go to school, being the apprentice of the head of the most important scientific project of human history or whatever.

Also, they were the middle child, which most people know what that means. They were the one that never got much attention from their parents. And, considering that Ritter was destined for greatness throughout life and that the entire student body orbits around Kylee and the other popular kids, they didn’t get much attention from other kids, either.

So, what was Kendall?

Barely even anything. They were a background character in someone else’s grand story, someone that was destined to be hiding in the shadow of their peers. Someone who was worthless, useless, and had every right to be killed off by the metaphorical author of the story.

And with that thought, Kendall stood up and grabbed their things for school, drowning the noise of their chatting family in their ears, and walked out of the house with the lowest expectations about how today was going to be, even though they would find the biggest discovery of their life that would change everything.

(hey look chara (h00man cardinalstar) is a reporter wow-)

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

wow, amazing

bookmark! this is really good for a few moments sitting in front of a TV screen

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

I LOVE IT

I NEEDZ MORE

:D :D :D

• Posted at:

ᴛoffee

ʟᴏᴄᴀʟ ᴄɪɴɴᴀᴍᴏɴʀᴏʟʟ

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴋᴏ ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ

ᴏʙsᴇssɪᴠᴇ sʜɪᴘᴘᴇʀ & ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴏғ ʙᴏʙᴀ

ᴘʀᴏᴜᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴏғ ʙʜ/ᴅʙ

ᴊᴀᴅᴇ, ɪғ ɪ’ᴍ ᴀ ᴡᴀʟɴᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ’ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʟᴍᴏɴᴅ.”

”I’M A WALNUT WITH PASSION.”

Marine’s a Banan

Spoopy Child

@Inkblot and @Toffee thanks!

here's some more :3

Chapter 2

“Are you okay?” Sawyer asked as he and Kendall walked into school that day.

“I’m fine,” Kendall told him, looking tense and not at all okay.

“You sure?” Sawyer tilted his head.

“I’m sure,” Kendall nodded.

“Positive?”

“Positive.”

“Confidently positive?”

“. . . Be quiet, Starboy —”

“What? I just want to know if you’re okay,” Sawyer shrugged. Despite his concern, there was a skip in his step, which was enough to make Kendall squint suspiciously.

“Why are you skipping around like that?” Kendall asked.

“Eh,” said Sawyer, grinning, “It's nothing; just got something delicious for the both of us..” He pulled out something from his backpack and held it out for Kendall to take, which made their eyes widen in excitement.

“Sea salt chips!” Kendall exclaimed, happily taking the bag of chips and putting it in their backpack. “I’m saving these for when I need my daily requirement of salt — or comfort food.”

Sawyer chuckled. “I thought you’d like it.”

The two teens kept walking on to there lockers and then their homeroom with some talking and Sawyer trying to get Kendall to tell him what made them look so down. And, as per usual, Kendall was stubborn about it, much to Sawyer’s frustration. As the two walked into homeroom, they attempted to listen to the discussions, the news, and the rumors for the day, only for there to be one thing on everyone’s minds.

“Did you see the news?”

“Kylee’s brother is going to another dimension —”

“That’s amazing! Kylee must be proud!”

“Oh, gods . . .” Kendall muttered.

Sawyer glanced at Kendall, eyes widening in realization. “Oh. It’s one of those days. The ones where you don’t feel important, isn’t it?”

Kendall bit their lip and nodded. “Yeah. Just learned that Ritter’s going to be the apparent first human to go to a whole other world, and probably die in the process. Hooray.”

“Aw, Ken, don’t be like that.” Sawyer patted Kendall’s shoulder. “You should be proud of him for getting this far. And he’s probably not going to die.”

“It’s the underwater dimension, Starboy.”

“Oh,” Sawyer bit his lip as he said this. “Then there is a small chance that he might die due to —”

“Drowning, I know, I know —” Kendall finished, sitting down in their chair with a miserable expression. “I swear Ritter’s going to get himself killed one of these days if he keeps up with these crazy experiments and projects.”

Sawyer frowned at Kendall with concern, but sat down in the seat next to them. “You sure you don’t need to eat those chips right now?”

“I’m sure.”

It turned out to be a slightly worse day at school, just as Kendall had suspected. The other students were all talking about the news. Even in science class, the teacher had mentioned it and called out Kendall for being Ritter’s brother, which made them blush in embarrassment and hide their face in their arms and flinch all at the same time.

When the final bell rang to dismiss the last class of the day, Kendall felt themself sigh in relief. They walked out of the classroom with Sawyer and headed toward their lockers. But, unfortunately, the day wasn’t over, as quite the familiar face — a familiar bully's face — came into the view of the two friends. In fact, the kid crashed right into them.

“Oh . . . Fahrid. Hi.” Sawyer tensed, his expression a mixture of agitation, fear, and stone-cold hatred.

“What do you want?” Kendall sighed, glancing up at Fahrid in exasperation and annoyance. “I’ve had a pretty horrid day today. I doubt you can make it any better.”

“Better? No, thanks,” Fahrid laughed, a sly grin crossing his face. “Worse, however, I can do.”

“Of course,” Kendall growled, their black hair falling down over their furious emerald gaze. “Of course you’ll do worse. That’s what you always do, you jerk. It’s a pretty predictable outcome.”

Fahrid feigned an offended demeanor. “Why, Kendall,” he gasped, though there was a hateful edge to his tone, “I never knew you could speak such unkind words. I've underestimated your power — should I report you to the principal for bullying?”

“Should I do the same for you?” Kendall hissed back in a sharp tone. “You’ve tortured Sawyer and I for years, Fahrid, and Sawyer’s your own brother! Sibling relationships can be tense — believe me, I know — but you don’t have to verbally and physically hurt us because of it.”

Fahrid's gaze and demeanor suddenly turned icy cold. “Sawyer is no brother of mine,” he snarled, “and even if I still considered him anything close to it, he would always reach nothing more than half. Nothing more.”

Sawyer slightly flinched at this, his sapphire eyes showing a hint of regret for a moment, but his expression was still as cold as stone. “That doesn’t explain why you have to hurt Kendall. Just because they’re my friend doesn’t mean that you have to bully them, too.”

Kendall felt the sensation of dread squeezing their stomach when they heard Sawyer. Oh gods please be merciful to me for just once in my life —

“Because he —” Fahrid growled, glaring at Kendall, who flinched at the pronoun. “— associates himself with you. And he’s a smart-talking non-binary freak, too, who’s probably not going to do anything important in his life except be sarcastic and edgy.”

Kendall blinked, shaking. A smart-talking non-binary freak who’s probably not going to do anything important. Why did that sting so hard?

Probably because it’s true. . .

Sawyer glared at his half-brother. “No, they’re not! They’re — Ken?”

Kendall was shaking hard now, tears welling up in their emerald eyes. They’ve been through heck for a while, and nothing, nothing, ever shook them to the core so much that they’d shed even a single tear.

But that was somehow the last straw.

“Ken, are you —”

Kendall didn’t hear the last part. They bolted away, pushing past a stunned yet smirking Fahrid and out of the school doors. They drowned all the voices, all the noises, all the sounds out of their ears as they ran, dashing toward the place that made them feel better, even if they were at the verge of a mental or emotional breakdown.

It wasn’t home. Heck, it wasn’t even a civilized place.

Kendall smelled the scent of bark, leaves, and grass as they dashed into the Astrica Forest, running away from every problem that they had to deal with.

(who else wants to slap Fahrid in the face? *raises hand.* Also Sawyer is best starboi and he's gr8)

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

up

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

kEn iS maH edGy, bLacK-haiRed emO bOi 

YAS

GREAT CHAPTER

SawYeR iS maH stAr boiiii

• Posted at:

ᴛoffee

ʟᴏᴄᴀʟ ᴄɪɴɴᴀᴍᴏɴʀᴏʟʟ

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴋᴏ ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ

ᴏʙsᴇssɪᴠᴇ sʜɪᴘᴘᴇʀ & ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴏғ ʙᴏʙᴀ

ᴘʀᴏᴜᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴏғ ʙʜ/ᴅʙ

ᴊᴀᴅᴇ, ɪғ ɪ’ᴍ ᴀ ᴡᴀʟɴᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ’ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʟᴍᴏɴᴅ.”

”I’M A WALNUT WITH PASSION.”

Marine’s a Banan

Spoopy Child

*immediately requests for shadowpaw to have a part*

pretty please?

THIS IS AMAZING AND I LOVE IT

• Posted at:

-=+Imagine+=-

-=+Iɯɐƃuǝ+=-

He/Him/Hubble

Joined 4/7/2017

6,004 stars

Gone 3/2019

The end is not merely the end, but a chance for new beginnings

i made that up on the spot wow it sounds good

@Toffee thanks! And yeah, Ken’s a edgy emo kiddo and Sawyer’s a starboi

:D

@Imagine thanks! I can’t promise h00man!Shadowpaw to be in it for Voulme 1, but maybe in Volume 2 or 3

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

sawyer and Kendall is looking like a pretty good ship rn—

• Posted at:

Oh No, It's Riri

Hello, hello

I need you here

Alone I wait

Will you appear?

{causing chaos since 2018 | trying to become active}

(also the creator of diamond bay)

*claps*

yus.

• Posted at:

winter

<< Forum Hobby Lobby >>

- Roller coaster nerd

Mother to almost too many fictional characters

- Fangirl

The Magic of  Christmas never ends, and its greatest gifts are family and friends. "

@Riri hahahahaha you know it’s funny you mention that-

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

yes tanku very much

• Posted at:

-=+Imagine+=-

-=+Iɯɐƃuǝ+=-

He/Him/Hubble

Joined 4/7/2017

6,004 stars

Gone 3/2019

@Winter yee

@Imagine np! ...actually, I think I have a way to pull him into this volume-

also what's shadowpaw's h00man name

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

yESYESYESTHANKYOU

idk can you think of any?

• Posted at:

-=+Imagine+=-

-=+Iɯɐƃuǝ+=-

He/Him/Hubble

Joined 4/7/2017

6,004 stars

Gone 3/2019

-I'm going to disembowel Fahrid and throw his remains to the sharks because how dare he hurt my beautiful smol bean Sawyer-

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

@Imagine *looks up names* huh... Shadow is a male name... probably going to use that

@Inkblot yes I will help but oof I have mixed feelings

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

n o i c e

• Posted at:

-=+Imagine+=-

-=+Iɯɐƃuǝ+=-

He/Him/Hubble

Joined 4/7/2017

6,004 stars

Gone 3/2019

My characters are open if you ever want to use them. Their human names are on the human au thread.

• Posted at:

Gulfstream

She/Her

Empress of Positivity

Forum Sisters: Violet, Lunastar, Bixbite, Riri, Sanetra, Hyperbole, Ivy, and more  

Forum BFF: Everyone!!!

I'm an autistic Christian

is h00man!lotuspaw kylee?

• Posted at:

-=+Imagine+=-

-=+Iɯɐƃuǝ+=-

He/Him/Hubble

Joined 4/7/2017

6,004 stars

Gone 3/2019

no, kylee is h00man!kindlepaw

• Posted at:

winter

<< Forum Hobby Lobby >>

- Roller coaster nerd

- Fangirl

The Magic of  Christmas never ends, and its greatest gifts are family and friends. "

@Gulfstream oki! ...oooo already have an idea for Hero-

@Imagine yee winter's right. kylee's h00man kindlepaw. tbh i dont have any plans for lotusflower right now, and she would prolly be an adult, since lotus is 44 moons old in PaC

...I should probably make a guide to which character is which shouldn't i

Kendall = Kelppaw

Kylee = Kindlepaw

Ritter = Ripplepaw

Chara = Cardinalstar

Stanford = Smokegaze

Destiny = Driftdapple

Steven = Steamflight

Sawyer = Starpaw

Fahrid = Fadedstar

aND NOW LET'S GET SOME MORE STUFF-

Chapter 3
   “Stupid Fahrid . . . stupid siblings . . . stupid me.”

Kendall grumbled to themself as they trudged through the forest, stepping over roots and breathing in the fresh air. The leaves were bright and green — which made sense, because it was going to be summer soon — and the flowers swayed a little in the small breeze.

“Why does he have to be so right?” Kendall continued their rant with leaves crunching under their sneakers. “Why do I have to be like this? I mean, being non-binary is fine if people accept you for who you are, but I don’t know anyone else who does except Ritter and Sawyer. And speaking of Ritter, why does he get to be the flippin’ apprentice of one of the greatest scientists of all time? And why does Kylee have such a high social status in school? She’s an athlete, that’s it. I don’t get why anyone listens to her. And I’m probably not going to do anything important in my life except solve murder cases — ugh. I need some comfort food.”

Kendall slid down against a maple tree trunk and sat on the roots, opening their backpack to reveal the bag of sea salt chips that Sawyer gave them earlier. They opened the bag and began to eat the chips, knees close to their chest and eyes gazing at the scenery.

Birds chirped in the branches of the maples and oaks, whose branches swayed in the wind. The breeze also ruffled Kendall’s mullet-styled hair and made the teen pull down the sleeves of their black bomber jacket, because their green shirt didn’t give them much protection against the wind; neither did their slightly torn black jeans. A squirrel clambered up a tree across from them, chattering in its language of strange sounds.

It felt so tranquil and calm here. Kendall wished that they could stay here for a while — no, forever — without people telling them how great everyone else was, no one teasing them, and no one to tell them what to do. No objections or opinions on what they should be. Just a peaceful atmosphere.

Kendall yawned, closing their eyes and about to take a nap . . . until something caught their eye.

It sparkled in the corner of their vision, calling out to them in an enticing yet silent manner. A surge of curiosity filled the teen, making them put the bag of chips back in their bag and walking over to a clearing with a shimmering pool of aquamarine water in the center.

I’ve never seen this here before . . . Kendall realized, staring at the pool and placing their backpack against a tree. They sat down on the edge of the water, watching their reflection look back at them. The wind blew a bit harder, causing their hair to blow in their face. They pulled back the strands and studied the pool, placing their hand in the water and relaxing a little at the wet and cool sensation.

Even though the water was clear, Kendall noticed that there weren’t any small fish darting around, surprisingly enough. There was just tall seaweed, a large shadow of a creature swimming underneath the depths, and blue and green crystal-like rocks.

Wait a minute.

Kendall yelped in surprise and backed away quickly, eyes wide as they watched the shadow swim in its odd yet graceful dance. They attempted to calm down, taking deep breaths, gazing at the shadow until it dove back into the depths.

“What the . . . ?”

Another surge of curiosity struck Kendall, who began to crawl back to the edge of the pool, gazing down at their reflection once more. It was too hard for them to see the creature from above the surface, which made them frown as another idea came to mind.

“You know what? I’m probably going to get myself killed one of these days.” Kendall muttered, before taking a deep breath and plunging their face into the pool.

The water was still hard to see through, but Kendall could just make out a black lizard-like creature swimming around below, nibbling on the seaweed at the bottom of the pool. It looked strange, with four webbed claws, a spiked crown coming out of its head, a webbed spine, gills, and a pair large black wings extending from its back.

Wings? Lizards don’t have wings . . . nor do they have gills.

So what is this thing?

Kendall’s chest flared with pain as a result of the lack of air. They pulled their head out of the water, took another breath, and plunged their face into the pool again, watching the creature lay on the bottom. Kendall leaned in closer, trying to examine it more closely, which promptly resulted in them slipping and falling in with a splash.

They scrambled to the surface just in time to take a breath before the creature swiftly pulled them down and pinned them on one of the pool walls just below the surface, snarling. Its deep blue eyes glared at the young, struggling human with annoyance, spreading its wings to make it look bigger and giving them a loud roar, sending bubbles in Kendall’s face as their chest started to tighten, causing them to wince in pain.

The creature tilted its head at Kendall, glancing at their neck for a moment, before letting out another warning snarl and releasing them, diving back into the depths. Kendall kicked to the surface and gasped. They climbed onto the shore, coughing and dripping wet.

What the heck was that? Kendall wondered, crawling over to their backpack. It seemed . . . almost like a dragon of sorts. But dragons don’t exist. Then what is it? A runaway experiment made by scientists? A mutated lizard? Something else?

Kendall swung their backpack over their shoulder and used the tree it was laying against to help themself up. They glanced back at the pool, feeling as though a pair of eyes was staring at them, and began to walk back home, although their curiosity was far from the brink of death.

I have to figure out what that creature is — and I think I know just the person who can help me . . .

(oh boi now there's a drago and a mysterious h00man that ken's gonna go to who is it i want to know-)

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

we all know who she's going to

and I guess you could put any of my characters in if you want? although I doubt anything interesting will happen to them

I bet Hero's going to become a dragon-

wait, was that Hero?

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

@Inkblot ...Kendall's a they, and biologically a he. not a she.

and Hero's not a dragon and is not in this volume

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

Nope. I'm 90% sure that the dragon is not Hero. I think the dragon was introduced in HL so its not Hero. But Hero being a dragon would still be really cool. Wait...what about MERMAN HERO!!

• Posted at:

Gulfstream

She/Her

Empress of Positivity

Forum Sisters: Violet, Lunastar, Bixbite, Riri, Sanetra, Hyperbole, Ivy, and more  

c00l

was that ceto?

• Posted at:

winter

<< Forum Hobby Lobby >>

- Roller coaster nerd

- Fangirl

oof, sorry about that

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

@Winter yee that's Ceto

@Gulfstream ...merpeople don't really exist. the "merpeople" (who's name i won't say yet, but it's not really spoilery so oof) have retractable flippers, kind of similar to a diver's, save that they're retractable, as well as webbed hands, giils, and the occasional webbed spine or fins. I have a different idea in mind for Hero, but it'll probably be as cool as merman hero or dragon hero

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

That's cool! Your the writer, do whatever you want. I'm sure it will be epic either way.

• Posted at:

Gulfstream

She/Her

Empress of Positivity

whhhoooo fhAT WAS AMAZING I NEED MORMORE

• Posted at:

-=+Imagine+=-

-=+Iɯɐƃuǝ+=-

He/Him/Hubble

Joined 4/7/2017

6,004 stars

Gone 3/2019

@Gulfstream thank! I think you'll like it

@Imagine hERE YA GO-

Chapter 4

When Kendall opened the door hours after school was over and dripping wet, Ritter had to acknowledge it.

“You’re home late,” he noticed, watching the TV and sipping tea.

“You’re home early,” Kendall grumbled back, placing their backpack on the ground rather roughly and grabbing a towel to dry themself off.

“Mom kept your salmon from dinner in the freezer, by the way.”

“Not really in the mood for seafood.”

“Did you take a trip to the beach or the forest?” Ritter asked, not looking up at his sibling.

“Forest. Fell in a pool,” Kendall replied, wrapping the towel around themself and plopping down next to him.

“Ah.” Ritter nodded, staying silent for a moment, before glancing at Kendall slightly. “Fahrid got to you again, didn’t he?”

“How’dya guess?” Kendall muttered, crossing their arms and sinking into the sofa.

“Kylee told me.”

“Wait, what?”

“Yeah,” Ritter confirmed, nodding. “She looked furious. She was rambling about getting her friends to beat him up and feed him to the sharks — I’ve never seen her so angry with someone else other than you.”

“Really?” Kendall breathed, raising a brow. Kylee being protective of me? That’s a first.

“Other than that, how was your day?” Ritter asked.

“Terrible.”

“It can’t be that bad —”

“Everyone was talking about you going dimension hopping and saying that Kylee should be proud, and no one ever mentioned me.”

Ritter blinked and sighed, running a hand through his slightly messy black hair. “That sucks.”

“You think?” Kendall snapped. “You and Kylee always get the glory. I never get anything except the short end of the stick —”

“Stop it, Ken,” Ritter slapped Kendall’s mouth shut with his hand. “If you’re going to go on a rant about how you think that you’re a freak, you’re not important, Fahrid was right, et cetera et cetera, I don’t want to hear it. If you say he’s right, you let him win. Trust me, I know.”

Kendall pushed Ritter’s hand away and sighed. “Alright,” they muttered.

“Good.” Ritter wrapped an arm around Kendall’s shoulder. “You’ll find your place. It just hasn’t shown up yet.” He sipped his tea some more.

A beat of silence passed between the two siblings, with the TV playing in the background. Kendall tapped their foot on the ground. “Hey, Ritter?”

“Yeah?”

“Do you know anything about dragon-like creatures that actually exist?”

Ritter pondered the question for a moment, raising a brow. “Why?”

“Just curious.”

Ritter tapped his finger on his chin. “Well, there’s lizards that have dragon in the name. Bearded dragons, komodo dragons . . . but I’m guessing that’s not what your looking for.”

Kendall shook their head. “Not really, no. I’m talking about an actual dragon. With wings and all that stuff.”

“Thought so,” Ritter murmured, frowning in concentration. “Well . . . Stanford did say that the legends had Beasts looking like dragons —”

“Wait, really?” Kendall sat up, eyes brightening with interest.

“Yeah,” Ritter nodded. “They don’t all have scales, though. Apparently, the Sky Beasts have feathers, while the Nature Beasts have fur. The Earth ones are literally made out of rock. The Fire and Water ones have reptile scales and fish scales respectively.”

“Which ones have wings?”

“All of them can have wings, actually, save for the Earth Beasts. The Sky Beasts always have wings, while the other three do have wings, but not all of them.”

“Oh,” Kendall nodded. “Do they have a specific fur-slash-scale-slash-feather color?”

“They can be any color.”

“Huh,” Kendall was silent for a moment. “. . . Do you believe they exist?”

Ritter shrugged. “I doubt it. A creature that can open portals to other dimensions and give humans special abilities seems a little bit too far-fetched to me.”

“Says the guy who’s going to another dimension soon.”

“Yep.” Ritter stood up. “I suppose anything’s possible, though.” He walked over to the stairs, glancing back at Kendall for a moment. “I’m going to bed. You sure you’re fine without dinner?”

“I’ll be fine,” Kendall reassured him. “Go and get some shut-eye. You’re going to need it for your trip.”

Ritter softly smiled. “Alright. G’night, Ken.”

“Night, nerd.”

Ritter looked forward and climbed up the steps, leaving Kendall on the sofa, who ran a hand through their hair.

So that creature was a Beast . . . Kendall realized. I just met a flippin’ Beast. And from the same dimension where Ritter’s going to.

Should I tell anyone about this? If I don’t, trouble might arise. But, if I do, that Beast might be in danger and would probably be experimented on by the scientists.

Kendall let out a shaky sigh. They knew what both the smart choice and the risky choice were of the two. And they knew which one they would probably pick from them. They glanced into the kitchen where the freezer was and smirked, beginning to create the roots of an idea.

(...they're going to cosplay as Hiccup from HTTYD, aren't they?)

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

Up

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

hheeeyyy, look, sharks

Whoa, can't wait to see what happens-

• Posted at:

•Inkblot•

Being unoriginal here!

@Inkblot yee sharks

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them

Mooooore

• Posted at:

D R A G O N

E v e ry  o ne I s cr a zy  SO ME HO W

I like Dragons/ good books

much amaze

• Posted at:

-=+Imagine+=-

-=+Iɯɐƃuǝ+=-

He/Him/Hubble

Joined 4/7/2017

6,004 stars

Gone 3/2019

@Imagine thank

@Dragon heRE'S SOME MORE --

Chapter 5

Anyone who had some intelligence could’ve figured out that bringing a salmon to a somewhat hostile Beast right before school was probably not the best idea. Kendall would have agreed.

But, then again, they were Kendall. The stubborn, daring Kendall who hated school with a burning passion and would rather get themselves killed and be late than go there. So they didn’t really care.

Kendall’s feet stepped over roots and almost tripped over them as they walked toward the pool, holding the salmon with a wrinkled nose because of the smell. The morning sun shone through the leaves, giving the forest a green light. Birds were chirping their songs and the wind blew through the trees, making a slight whistling noise.

The breeze picked up slightly when Kendall reached the clearing, causing them to shiver a little bit. The pool was still, with barely a ripple on its surface, save for a leaf that fluttered down and landed on the surface. There were no shadows in the depths, either.

“I guess it’s not here . . .” Kendall murmured, lowering their hands and looking down at the pool with a sigh. “Should’ve guessed. It would’ve probably left because I found —” They cut themself off as they heard the sound of breathing and footsteps behind them.

“It’s right behind me, isn’t it?”

A growl in response. Kendall turned to see the black Water Beast face them, with its green eyes (didn’t it have blue eyes yesterday?) glinting with annoyance and . . . was that curiosity? Kendall was shaking so hard, they couldn’t tell.

The two stared at each other for a little bit, before the Beast’s eyes landed on the salmon in Kendall’s hand. It lowered itself and licked its lips hungrily, and Kendall chose to present the fish to it. And with a swift motion, the Beast swiped the salmon out of Kendall’s hands, gulping it down in a few quick bites.

Kendall backed away, yelping slightly as they reached the edge of the pool, realizing it was there just in time. The Beast glanced at the teen again, raising a brow and pulling its green, bat-like wings closer a little. It padded closer to them, causing their eyes to widen in a strange mix of fear and awe.

And then the Beast promptly slapped the pool with its tail, causing water to fly everywhere, especially on Kendall.

“Ha ha.” Kendall rolled their eyes, grumbling at their wet clothes. “Very funny. The teachers at school are going to love this . . .”

The Beast tilted its head at Kendall, confused at the reaction. With a slight huff, its eyes flashed blue for a split second, and Kendall’s clothes were completely dry once again.

“Woah . . .” Kendall breathed, blinking at their dry clothes. “How did you . . . ?”

The Beast didn’t answer, of course. It wasn’t even looking at Kendall, but behind them, its eyes flashing blue once again with Kendall hearing a splash from behind. They turned their head, but the water was completely still, save for a couple of ripples.

“Did you just manipulate the water off of my clothes?” Kendall asked, but the Beast past right by them, slipping back into the pool, its eyes turning blue again. The Beast glanced up at Kendall once more, before diving into the depths, leaving the awestruck teen up on the surface.

“. . . Well. That just happened,” Kendall murmured, before awkwardly turning away and walking back to school, probably going to be late.

And, surprise, they entered homeroom just after the bell rang, with their teacher grumbling about “kids these days” or something like that.

“Ken!” Sawyer immediately rushed over to Kendall. “I was worried about you yesterday! Where were you? Are you okay?”

Kendall sighed. “I’m fine,” they reassured him. “Just went for a walk in the forest to clear my head.”

“. . . I should’ve guessed,” Sawyer murmured. “Was it nice?”

“Pretty nice, yeah,” Kendall nodded, sitting down in their desk. “Talked to Ritter after that. He helped a lot.”

“Lucky you,” Sawyer muttered, crossing his arms and sitting down next to Kendall. “I wish I had a better older brother than Fahrid. He was so proud of finally breaking you down last night. It was horrible.”

Kendall sighed. “Well, I’m better now. Yesterday was just a bad day. Today’s going to be different.”

“. . . Oh. Alright! That’s good to hear.” Sawyer grinned.

“Morning, class,” the teacher grumbled, causing everyone in the room to fall silent. “Get in your seats —”

And so, the school day had begun and ended surprisingly quickly, and luckily for Kendall, it was much better than the last. No glorification of their siblings, no self-doubting thoughts, and, most importantly, no Fahrid. The only problem was that Kendall caught themself zoning out a couple of times during the day, thinking about their encounter with the Water Beast that morning, which resulted in them paying zero attention to what the teacher was saying.

It was a great day, and Kendall wondered what would occur in the next couple of days, since something unfortunate would usually follow after a fortunate one.

What do you have in store for me, gods?

(*cackles* a lot, actually)

• Posted at:

~Thunderstorm~

Thunder|Thundy|TS

She/Her|They/Them