List Of Weird Stuff I've Found In My Room While Organizing Stuff I Haven't Seen Or Thought About In Many Years: Part One
- A tiny notebook that appeared to be quite old. "Oh boy," I thought to myself, "a notebook from when I was a very small child? This should be interesting!" Inside the notebook in my handwriting indicative of being 8-10: "The central theme of Anna Karenina is that a rural life of moral simplicity, despite its monotony, is the preferable personal narrative to a daring life of impulsive passion, which only leads to tragedy." Which I fortunately remembered is a quote from A Series of Unfortunate Events, but I didn't recall that at first and I was kind of dumbfounded and bewildered that I would have written that when I was 8-10 years old
- A freaky little haunted-seeming music box
- An eraser that looks like a hyper-realistic hotdog?
- A pencil box full of nothing but tiny Uno cards and lemon-ginger lozenges, plus one (1) battery
- I did a weird amount of research trying to find out what these things were called, but it's those robotic hamsters that were vaguely popular for like a month several years ago and according to Wikipedia they are called ZhuZhu Pets. Anyway, I found a bootleg one that I'd torn the fur and skin off when I was trying to get to its motor and it's the freakiest thing I've ever seen
- A globe that is apparently so old it still has the USSR on it???
- A jar with animal parts in it from dissections I did in school - there's half a clam, a frog leg, some cricket legs, and a crayfish arm! There's an adjacent jar of vole bones from an owl pellet. (@ whoever's reading this, yes, I understand that there is controversy - particularly within the demographic of this site - about the ethics of dissection. I don't really have a rebuttal to that except uhh I don't eat meat so let's pretend it's an either/or circumstance, all right?)
- Lots of BBC Sherlock-themed crafts. I was one of those people once
- The three CDs I own: the one that goes with my violin textbook, one that my friend gave me that's just a random Harry Potter fan song, and Fearless by Taylor Swift (??????)
- Fifteen dollars!!!!! I'm rich now!!!!!! And I'll never be strong cuuuuz I'm a rich girl (rich girl) and I've gone too far cuz I know it don't matter anyway (rich girl)
Plus I carried a large grandfather clock down two sets of stairs by myself so currently I am feeling like strutting around flexing at passerby