toddbot said im a hunk.....i though t i was a Twunk but who am I to question Todd Howard himself

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Clever, A Very Clevery Guy 

❄ he/him ❄ sad as ever but clad in a festive sweater ❄

❄ irrelevancy + machinations act II available /333261 ❄

❄ on month-long "all i want for christmas is you" lockdown ❄

List Of Weird Stuff I've Found In My Room While Organizing Stuff I Haven't Seen Or Thought About In Many Years: Part One

- A tiny notebook that appeared to be quite old. "Oh boy," I thought to myself, "a notebook from when I was a very small child? This should be interesting!" Inside the notebook in my handwriting indicative of being 8-10: "The central theme of Anna Karenina is that a rural life of moral simplicity, despite its monotony, is the preferable personal narrative to a daring life of impulsive passion, which only leads to tragedy." Which I fortunately remembered is a quote from A Series of Unfortunate Events, but I didn't recall that at first and I was kind of dumbfounded and bewildered that I would have written that when I was 8-10 years old

- A freaky little haunted-seeming music box

- An eraser that looks like a hyper-realistic hotdog?

- A pencil box full of nothing but tiny Uno cards and lemon-ginger lozenges, plus one (1) battery

- I did a weird amount of research trying to find out what these things were called, but it's those robotic hamsters that were vaguely popular for like a month several years ago and according to Wikipedia they are called ZhuZhu Pets. Anyway, I found a bootleg one that I'd torn the fur and skin off when I was trying to get to its motor and it's the freakiest thing I've ever seen

- A globe that is apparently so old it still has the USSR on it???

- A jar with animal parts in it from dissections I did in school - there's half a clam, a frog leg, some cricket legs, and a crayfish arm! There's an adjacent jar of vole bones from an owl pellet. (@ whoever's reading this, yes, I understand that there is controversy - particularly within the demographic of this site - about the ethics of dissection. I don't really have a rebuttal to that except uhh I don't eat meat so let's pretend it's an either/or circumstance, all right?)

- Lots of BBC Sherlock-themed crafts. I was one of those people once

- The three CDs I own: the one that goes with my violin textbook, one that my friend gave me that's just a random Harry Potter fan song, and Fearless by Taylor Swift (??????)

- Fifteen dollars!!!!! I'm rich now!!!!!! And I'll never be strong cuuuuz I'm a rich girl (rich girl) and I've gone too far cuz I know it don't matter anyway (rich girl)

Plus I carried a large grandfather clock down two sets of stairs by myself so currently I am feeling like strutting around flexing at passerby

• Posted at:

you know what though? if you can carry a grandfather clock down multiple flights of stairs without any help, then you have every right to flex at everyone you see okay 

• Posted at:

eureka

moved to @thankfulthunderstorm1 :D

@Eureka THANKS yes you are 100% correct

The bad news is, after spending all day cleaning, my room is now much, much more of a mess than it was before and I have nowhere to shove everything until I can "deal with it later" because later is now.

• Posted at:

The contents of your room are fascinating and also resemble what mine would probably be if I had been in my room for more than six months

• Posted at:

Such is the path of a dreamer: I find my way by moonlight.

~Oncilla~

FORUM ROYAL SCIENTIST

"Anyone can choose to do good, or be good, no matter what happened before." ~Turtle

WEREWOLPRIDE

TLH Reread: /336256

Flirtation is the coupons of the barter system

• Posted at:

I am having a nice day today. I saw a Road Work Ahead sign which I have been wanting to find for months now, I had a milkshake which was really nice (milkshakes > ice cream don't @ me), a local celebrity talked to me oooo, I got a lot of successful work done but I also watched several video essays that I have seen many times before so it was a good blend of useful/useless, and I'm starting to get rid of a lot of junk that I don't need which is pretty exciting in a mundane kind of way.

• Posted at:

@Oncilla: Thanks! I just really like telling anecdotes about all the weird things I own haha. Hopefully when I metaphorically dive back into the reorganizing process I'll find more weird stuff to talk about.

• Posted at:

this is so niche sorry but I cant BELIEVE Jenny Nicholson is the singer of Pinkie's Brew i' do NOT know how to react to this knowledge

• Posted at:

The MMCU (Mamma Mia Cinematic Universe)

• Posted at:

Hi everybody. The island in Mamma Mia is called Kalokairi. The continent in Wings of Fire is called Pyrrhia. Pyrrhia is a genus of moths. Kalokairi is not a genus of moths, but it has a soundalike, Calocharia, which is a genus of moths. I’ve entrusted you all with this information and for your sakes I implore you to wield it wisely

• Posted at:

I have so many courses in school this year oof. Who needs to take three literature classes for one year of school? Who does that? Me, apparently. I'm gonna know so much about Animal Farm you guys, you don't even know. And math! I'm taking two math classes at the same time this year for no reason at all besides, I want to

• Posted at:

zounds, am I late, but first of all A+ homethread and second of all Animal Farm is one of the best books and Orwell is my hero so have fun

• Posted at:

[ m i r i ]

kinda aesthetic // incredibly pathetic

★ a fair amount of diggity ★

★ sir that’s my emotional support tapeworm ★

★ shenanigans weekly /320558 ★

@miri thanks i'll be sure to remember than when I am reading it for 3 different classes at once

• Posted at:

communism

Animal Farm is The People's Book

• Posted at:

[ m i r i ]

kinda aesthetic // incredibly pathetic

★ a fair amount of diggity ★

★ sir that’s my emotional support tapeworm ★

★ shenanigans weekly /320558 ★

Whoever designed my curriculum decided to throw Animal Farm and Ayn Rand into the same semester, transforming what would be a simple class discussion into a full-blown battle royale. While we're redistributing the means of production, can we also redistribute the odds toward my favour?

• Posted at:

Thank You For The Music by ABBA comes on and I'm suddenly transported to the top of a grand piano, sprinkled with rose petals, lit by scorching hot stage lights, shrouded with smoke from a fog machine

• Posted at:

I've been up since 7 and I've done one (1) thing I got an account on a Bad social media site and reblogged so many alignment chart memes

• Posted at:

yo why do i have two long scars on my shoulderblades and also why doesnt this shock me at all

• Posted at:

my brain as im wasting time online: sleepey. want 2 sleep. self-care goals pplease

my brain as im in bed, trying to sleep: do do do doooo! do do do doooooo! do do do doooo aaa aaaaaa WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD MEN GONE AND WHERE ARE ALL THE GODS

• Posted at:

I love Jurassic Park so much.....the first movie is really really good but after the first one theyre imo not that great. The first one is like, super-basic but super-effective. I am emo about how the sequels and whatever the new movies are kind of contradict the whole point of the first movie. anyway hGGH lovin Jurassic Park on main

Another, unrelated movie thing...I love stylized 2D animation..... like how the art in The Iron Giant evokes Cold War propaganda, and the art in Disney's Hercules is supposed to look Ancient Greece-inspired. 2D animation is so much more expressive and visually interesting than 3D animated movies why doesnt anybody make them anymore. jk I know the answer and dont like it

(Oh hey I want to say this about The Iron Giant, hogarth looks so much like mcu peter parker thx)

And while I'm here I really like movies that are vapid on a surface level but that I can read into. Thor Ragnarok is a critique of colonialism!!!!!!! Paddington is an immigrant narrative!!!!!! You can block me (well, not here, but elsewhere) but NOWHERE can you block the TRUTH

Also unrelated I left a bunch of soap in my hair on accident and my hair sounds like a sponge

• Posted at:

It's tough being both pretentious and dumb, yet somehow I manage

• Posted at:

who else feels like getting into a fistfight with jerry seinfeld, from seinfeld

• Posted at:

Hi I just gotta agree with everything in the movie post I mourn the death of 2D animation daily I WANT THEM TO BRING IT BACK and also wow now I can't unsee Hogarth/Peter Parker

• Posted at:

~ Poppy ~

"The Biggest Flex Anyone Will Ever Have Is Dying"

SIGNATURE WORK AHEAD

@Poppy: I know right?? Like, every time I see a 2D animated movie nowadays I get so excited about the way it moves. And you can communicate so much character through 2D animation in the tiniest movements and facial expressions and even in the character designs themselves. 3D animation is fine and I think it works better for a lot of movies than 2D probably would, but I wish it wasn't the default just because it's faster and cheaper. I think there's still lots and lots of stories that can be told through 2D animation and I hope that it gets a comeback someday in my lifetime

And Hogarth/Peter Parker...inseperable in my mind, truly. I only saw The Iron Giant for the first time a few months ago and I was incredibly enthusiastic about that comparison but no one in my family cared lol

• Posted at:

wow those two totally look the same

• Posted at:

Such is the path of a dreamer: I find my way by moonlight.

~Oncilla~

FORUM ROYAL SCIENTIST

"Anyone can choose to do good, or be good, no matter what happened before." ~Turtle

WEREWOLPRIDE

TLH Reread: /336256

This piece is called "I don't know why this is so long, it isn't a vent, I haven't gotten anything off my chest by writing this, it just happened suddenly"

I wish I could play videogames

I just have no chill whatsoever, as the kids might say (aka, me. I'm the kid. I'm the one saying "no chill" and it's about myself.)

A couple of months ago I tried to play TLoZ: Wind Waker and I played it for six hours trying to get through a single dungeon because the game system is faulty so I can't save it properly. Or maybe that's the game itself. Anyway I feel like if I wasn't a teenager my hair would have gone gray just from trying to get out of that dungeon. It was not fun at all. But I really like that game. I would play it again if just thinking about it didn't put dark circles under my eyes.

At the beginning of my breakdown described earlier (and BIG s/o to me for not getting into it here!!!) I tried to redirect my melange of Very Bad And Unpleasant Emotions into Skyward Sword and I spent an hour trying to jump onto a box and then shortly after became so overcome with anxiety over having to jump on a virtual bird that I had to stop playing it

I wonder if it's something to do with hand-eye coordination, but I'm not that much better at DS games. I couldn't even complete Pokémon the first time without bribing my friend into battling the Elite Four for me. I'm okay at puzzle games I guess but minor mistakes send me into a tizzy of misdirected self-loathing. What I really like is Ace Attorney but I get way too into it. Always end up taking real-life notes on a real-life notepad for my stupid lawyer visual novel. And presenting the wrong evidence hurts more than every bone I've ever broken. Maybe I just love Phoenix Wright and would do anything for him, even watch anime. I read the Wikipedia page about Phoenix Wright because that is the sort of person I am and I don't think I can bring myself to witness his life spiral out of control for mistakes that I the player am forced to make

I haven't even finished the first game... I am too Weak

Also on the topic of videogames my brother thinks I am but a fool because I main Metaknight on Super Smash Bros and according to him, and everyone, Metaknight is overpowered. But what can I say? I just love spheres, capes, and swords.

Anyway, all this to say today I found and played a very old DS game called Littlest Pet Shop Jungle Adventure and it was just ok

• Posted at:

oh dear

I usually have trouble playing Zelda and Mario games because I am Bad at puzzles and platforming

I've never played Phoenix Wright but it looks interesting oof

• Posted at:

Autumn  [Librarian]

she/her - nerd - gamer

"If you make a mistake and do not

correct it, that is a second mistake."

Homethread: /304740

@Autumn oof platformers are my absolute bane,  I can't even walk in a straight line in videogames so how do game developers expect me to be able to bounce from box to box?? Unrealistically high expectations, really.

And hhff yeah I just love Phoenix Wright a lot even though I am not a True Fan for only playing one-and-a-half games & watching half an anime

• Posted at:

Cracking open a small easy-open pouch of tuna with the boys

• Posted at:

This struck me last night as I was trying to sleep but I wish I had a pie chart of things that taught me the English language, I think that The Adventures of Paddington Bear tv show would factor into that pie chart heavily. Thanks Paddington u funky little bear ily........

• Posted at:

when youre alone and life is making u lonely u can go to

C L O W N T O W N

• Posted at:

A Gucci Movie and its sequel, An Extremely Gucci Movie

• Posted at:

When the joke is real fly
And you say jhgfTGYHJKAI
That's the big gay ♪

• Posted at:

Every so often I just get really, REALLY enthusiastic about the stage musical Little Shop of Horrors and I fall into a metaphorical rabbithole reading about it and listening to different recordings of it and watching various recorded high school productions of it. Anyway tonight I, curious and intrepid, opted to listen to the Kidz Bop version of the title song, but my old slow computer didn’t play it for several minutes, and I closed the music program and went on my way, not especially keen on actually hearing the Kidz Bop version. I ended up watching a video where the speaker was talking rather quietly so I had to turn my volume up very high. 100%, in fact. Being the fool that I am I neglected to restore my volume to its usual state, but why would I, I thought? I wasn’t watching anything and I didn’t have any sound-producing tabs open. As far as I was aware, I was safe. Twenty minutes later, I’m sitting there thinking about how cool of a concept the reprise of Somewhere That’s Green is, when all of a sudden the Kidz Bop cover of Little Shop of Horrors, for some reason oft divorced of its original context to be used as a generic Halloween party song akin to “Monster Mash”, assaults me. It’s so loud that I don’t hear it at first. It’s so sudden that I’m barely aware anything is happen, but only for a split second, because a moment later the volume – gratefully enclosed within the barrier of my headphones – entangles me. I am stunned. Paralyzed. Unable to navigate to the pause button, to the volume, to the task manager. But what task did I have to manage? I closed my music program long ago; it was no longer tethered to the realm where my choices could affect it, no matter how hard I tried. Frantic, I scrambled for the volume button as the kids bopped in an incessant refrain directly into my head – little shop, little shop of horrors – my fingers pressed uselessly into the wrong key, then to the next, lower volume, lower volume – bop-sha-bop, you’ll never stop the terror – disconnected from the app long ago the music could not be controlled by my frail command; I was without a hope, without a cause, abandoned by my one ally of the task manager, fearing for the state of my ears – little shop, little shop of horrors, whoa, whoa-oa-oaaaa – all I could do was take the headphones off, but the chant of the bop rang out into my dark and empty home, to my family across the hall, to the stranger shambling down the street outside my window. What could I do? What point was there? No matter how hard I struggled, no matter what I did, the kids would continue to bop – to bop – to bop-sha-bop, and there was I, shocked and afraid, unable to connect with the technology I had relied on for so many years and for so many purposes, unable to stop the terror. Eventually the program shut off of its own accord. My heart still hammered in my chest, my fingers still rested upon the unresponsive keys of the keyboard, my ears still rang with the jumbled, disconnected sound of the chant, once afeared, now missed in the ever-pressin stillness and silence. The program had seen that its damage was done and that I would never be able to free myself from the rippling effects of what it had done to me. My own self-righteous belief that expending effort into saving someone, in this scenario my future self, a spot of trouble became my own downfall, and it seemed for a time that the music program knew that. It knew how to worm its way into my mind to turn my own faults against myself. It knew what it was doing by playing that Kidz Bop party mix twenty minutes too late. It knew what I did not.

• Posted at:

I put this through a writing style analyzer and it said that this sounds like Arthur Clarke, who wrote 2001: A Space Odyssey

• Posted at:

tbh I don’t know what that style is actually like but if it’s somewhat like what you wrote I may actually read that book, just out of curiosity 

• Posted at:

Autumn  [Librarian]

she/her - nerd - gamer

"If you make a mistake and do not

correct it, that is a second mistake."

Homethread: /304740

I haven't read any of his books either, but after skimming Wikipedia I'm quite sure I'd like to!

I don't think my usual writing style is very similar, though, either to the Kidz Bop anecdote or to the Space Odyssey series; after putting several chunks of my current WIP into the same analyzer I keep getting Agatha Christie which is coolio because I expected my result to be someone with works I'm not familiar with.

• Posted at:

Today my mother was going through stacks of old books to get rid of and she gave me a bunch of children's "learn to read with Pokemon!"-type books and a couple of books about Avatar The Last Airbender and she was VERY enthusiastic about it. Uhhh thanks mom you're the real MVP

• Posted at:

Bought Pokemon Moon, a CD of ABBA’s greatest hits, and a script of the play “The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged)” today so, in a word, im thriving

• Posted at:

, 2 , ... 5 , 6 , 7